The Becoming of an Assassin

By Dark_Moon_Goddess

Aidan Johnson, 16, just graduated and has been far from ordinary life. His grandfather, a trained assassin, t... More

Copyright Notice
Warnings: Read with caution
Chapter 1:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:

Chapter 2:

4 1 0
By Dark_Moon_Goddess

"John, are you really going to go as far as to kill a kid?" The guy with blonde hair said, his eyes met Aidan's almost apologetically, but Aidan only rolled his own in response.

"Damn straight I will. Now back away and get on your knees or I will shoot."

The two guys that Aidan still didn't know the name of started to do what John had asked of them. They started to kneel with their hands up.

Aidan let a small sigh out, wondering what his next action was going to be. One wrong move, and he could die. He closed his eyes trying to figure out how to get out of this situation before it escalated. Suddenly, he could hear his grandfather's voice running through his mind. All of the training he could use now.

"So, are you going to do it, or what?" Aidan asked.

"What?"

"I am asking, will you actually do it? Or all talk?"

"Listen, kid, I will shoot. Don't mess with me."

"Okay..." Aidan let a snort out as the gun was pressed against his temple.

"I am serious, I will shoot."

"Whatever."

"Kid, listen this guy is dangerous don't taunt him," the guy with the short brown hair had said.

"If I have to, I will shoot and kill everyone here."

The guy's hand was shaking really badly, and Aidan could tell this guy didn't have what it takes to follow through on his threat. Aidan leaned back into the guy before whispering.

"Do you want me... to pull the trigger for you?"

"No, I sa~"

Bingo. Aidan cut him off by elbowing him in the stomach and slamming his head back into John's mouth. Aidan swapped positions with John by whipping around behind him, and painfully pulling John's arm behind his back. Aidan then slammed John into the ground, making him drop the gun. He kicked the gun behind him so that John wouldn't be able to reach it.

"Get the fuck off of me," John hissed in pain.

"You started this, could have let me peacefully go home. Yet you attacked me, who do you think the police would believe if they came right now and saw me pinning you to the ground? That I- an honor graduate, who is 15 years old, and actually have a future at Yale or Harvard attacked you first or the sum bag, whose fingerprints are all over a gun?" Aidan asked, twisting his arm, to the point it almost popped out of the socket, causing John to scream in pain.

"Wow, he is good," Aidan heard the guy with blonde hair say.

"Anyway, you showed signs of weakness, if you are going to threaten to kill someone either follow through or learn how to bluff. You were practically shaking, I am surprised the other two didn't catch on," Aidan finally got off of the guy, once he was sure he was down for the count. He got up and decided to put the gun in his bag.

All of that extra training the old man made me do paid off. Who would have thought?

"I am taking my leave now, along with this gun. God, I am so irritated now," Aidan grumbled.

Aidan decided to take a longer route home because he knew that leading these people straight to his home would mean trouble for him.

"Hey wait!" Aidan stopped walking and turned towards the person who called out to him.

"Thomas, wait, what are we gonna do with John?"

"Tie him up and take him back to the boss."

"What about you?"

Aidan shook his head before walking again, realizing he wasn't gonna like what the guy chasing after him was gonna say.

"Hey, wait!"

"Go away, I wanna go home."

"You are strong, do you work for anyone?"

The guy with blonde hair, whom Aidan learned the name of, was Thomas asked.

"Me. Myself. And I. Oh and my boss," I said.

"Come on, I am serious. We could use someone with your skill. Who trained you?"

"None of your business. I don't even know you. Now leave me alone."

"Oh my god, Aidan!" Aidan flinched as he heard two familiar voices.

God, if there is a god, please no. Why are you punishing me? What did I do? Is it because I questioned your existence, I am sorry okay.

Aidan turned around and looked over at Rose and Jessica giving them a forced smile. He felt his energy levels decrease the longer he was outside.

"Were you headed home? Or to Justin's? I can't tell," Rose said.

Rose had curly red hair, that was in a neat, high bun, blue eyes. She wore a black sparkly dress, with some flats. It was a lot more appropriate than what Jessica was wearing for graduation, but Rose's personality was no better than Jessica's.

"Yeah, don't you li~"

"I was headed to Justin's for the graduation party. You caught me, let's go," Aidan said quickly. He did not need Jessica or Rose to give out where he lived. They nodded and Thomas stopped following Aidan watching him leave with the girls.

"What was that about?" Jessica asked as soon as the three of them got far enough away.

"I don't know those guys; you were about to give out where I lived."

"That explains it, you never smile," Rose said.

A normal person probably would have gotten offended, but Aidan only shrugged his shoulders.

"Never had much to smile about."

"Orlando," Rose said.

"Why are you guys like this?" Aidan rolled his eyes and the two grinned.

"All we are saying is you both would be cute together."

"Stop that."

"Fine, well, here we are. See ya, glad you came!" Jessica said leaving Aidan by himself once they got into the house. Which he was fine with, Aidan walked further inside. The smell of alcohol and cigarettes could be smelled from outside. The music was blasting, and the house was an absolute wreck.

Justin, the quarterback, tall and muscular, with shaggy blonde hair came up to Aidan and shoved a red cup in his hand.

"Welcome bro! Thought you weren't going to make it. Don't forget to check out the ladies, they are so hot."

"I can't drink."

"Sure, you can, let loose."

"I am a minor."

"We all are," Justin said and continued to push Aidan into the living room. Aidan dodged the dancing bodies and roaming hands. Justin got sidetracked and left his side. So, Aidan went to the corner that was away from everyone and stood there. He looked down at the cup, making a face.

He kept his eyes down trying to tune everything out around him. Today was not turning out how he planned, and when things didn't go according to plan it made his mood sour. He was lost in his thoughts when someone tapped his shoulder. He looked up and saw Orlando, the guy who had clung to him for the last two years.

"Oh hey," Aidan yelled over the music.

"Hey, I saw you in this corner alone. Care if I join you?" He yells back over the music.

"I don't care!"

Orlando stood beside Aidan, and Aidan gave him a side glance. Orlando had half-blue, half-black split-color hair, and brown eyes; he was a bit on the muscular side, but it was hard to tell under the suit he wore.

He must have come straight here as well, without changing.

"I am surprised you came," Orlando said.

Aidan had trouble hearing him, so he had to yell over the music.

"What!?"

"I am surprised you came!"

Aidan made a face, and the music and the crowd got louder, so he couldn't hear. Orlando tugged Aidan closer to him and leaned down to his ear.

"I said, I am surprised you came. Did you want to go outside where it's a lot quieter and more fresh air?"

Aidan nodded his head and the two made their way to the backyard, where hardly anyone was besides a couple here or there. They went the furthest away from the house before sitting on a bench.

Aidan took in a deep breath of air, finally able to get something other than smoke in his lungs.

"Better?" Orlando asked, and Aidan nodded his head.

"Yeah, thanks."

"No problem."

The two fell quiet again, and Orlando looked over at Aidan before at the night sky.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 1.4K 56
Neo Ruhl didn't expect that he'd start out his 20s with a child to take care of. But really, Neo didn't hesitate to throw away such immature desires...
713K 6.9K 12
NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON! Link in bio! You never know what's going on, even under the same roof. Elena Johnson lives the normal life of every sevent...
253K 2.3K 7
"I'm a murderous alcoholic with severe abandonment issues and a knack for self-harm." There's a reason why the world knew her as 'Letalé'. She was a...
45.2K 843 37
〆 Edited Mackenzie Black is someone any girl would dream to be. She has the body, the looks, the hair, flawless skin, and the cute but dangerous atti...