Letters From Bali

By tarafrejas

Kiwan and Marie write letters to their loved ones. This is fanfiction inspired by the movie "My Name is Loh K... More

Tuesday, May 21st
Monday, June 3rd
Wednesday, August 14th
Friday, October 25th
Tuesday, December 31st
Friday, February 14th

Sunday, December 1st

8 0 0
By tarafrejas

My dearest Kiwan,

When you asked me a few weeks ago what I would like for Christmas, I was stumped. I had been a little too caught up in work and preparing for dad’s arrival that I haven’t really thought of Christmas presents yet. I simply told you I’d think about it, and that was that.

I remember the day I told you dad is coming for Christmas. I couldn’t read the expression on your face then. You said that even if you’ve already technically experienced Christmas (albeit mostly as a spectator), you’re still confused about what it is. I thought it was adorable and sad at the same time.

And so I told you all of the Christmas stories I remember from my childhood and showed you some old holiday photos I have saved on my phone, and even when you smiled over the things I shared, somehow I saw a hint of sadness in your eyes. It made my heart ache for days thinking perhaps you were missing your mom.

I tried looking for a way to contact your uncle in Yanji so I could maybe ask for stories about your mom. I thought that maybe if I got to know your mom a little better, I’ll figure out how to put together a nice surprise that would remind you of her.

Alas, luck wasn’t on my side.

And then I remembered you talking about the noodles your mom made for you as a kid, the one she cooked for you every year as a treat for your birthday. I thought you might like it if I made it for you today.

It was tricky to find a recipe; after all, the only clues a hopeless cooking novice like me had were that it had beef, clear broth, and rice noodles. But I got a bit lucky here, because I still had Seonju’s contact details, and after a bit of back and forth, she gave me a recipe for beef naengmyeon.

Now I’m pretty sure this was not your mother’s recipe, but I did put a lot of love and effort on this. Melati from the resort even helped me get access to the kitchen so I could learn how to cook this in secret.

I hope you enjoy this, my love.

Happy birthday.

Yours,
Marie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 10.8K 32
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
82.7K 4.6K 40
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
798K 29.8K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC