COTE: Distorted Nature

By Zeikaki

Advanced Nurturing High School or ANHS, a school where only the cream of the crop, the top of the top, the el... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 6

298 18 3
By Zeikaki

Shizen was walking down the hall way whistling after he had just left the class after their discussion on the S-system. School literally just began and this guy is dipping before the first period.

Shizen: Hmm, What to do now?

Shizen thought long and hard about it, and by that it was a split second decision for him.

Shizen: I should go see how they are doing.

So the first stop on his list was class C.

-Meanwhile with Class C-

Sakagami: Do you all understand?

Class C had just finished heir explanation of the S-system. As you would expect everyone was shocked, except for a few.

Ryuen: Kukukukuku, what did I tell all of you!

Ryuen walk up to the front of the class while cackling. He had tried to take control of the class from day 1, but everyone opposed him. Though as the days went by his power and influence on the class grew, which leads to today.

Ryuen: Heh I told you idiots that there was something fishy about this, and now look what happened!

He stood at the front of the class with a grin on his face.

Ryuen: Good job to the ones who followed my orders, you earned yourself a special VIP spot on my list. Now this whole class will follow my orders, is that understood.

Ibuki Mio, Ishizaki Daichi, and Yamada Albert all got up and stood by Ryuen's side. The rest of the class had no choice but to follow Ryuen, because the main people who fought against him were now on his side. 

Sakagami: Well it seems that you all have worked something out already. Though you do have to get ready for first period.

As Sakagami was about to leave, when he opened the door he saw Shizen standing right in front of him.

Sakagami: Yes? Is there something I can help with?

Everyone looked at the entrance wondering what was going on. Shizen just gazed into the classroom and scanned it before finding his target.

Shizen: Yo Usagi-chan~

He just walked past the teacher like he didn't exist and came in like he owned the place. Everyone just looked at him like he was crazy, while Ryuen just looked at him interested, and three other boys looked at him in fear.

Shizen ignored everyone except for Hiyori. He walked to her desk, which was in middle of the first row, and leaned on it. Hiyori looked at him in surprise.

Hiyori: Shizen-san? What are you doing here?

Shizen: Eh I got bored in Class D so I want to see your face again~

Hiyori:*blush* O-oh I see.

Shizen: Wanna skip school and go hang out in the library again.

Hiyori: Uh-

Before Hiyori could answer Ryuen walked to them.

Ryuen: Oh she can't do that. 

Shizen: Eh? Why?

Ryuen: Cause she'll just lose us more points if she does. Why are you skipping though? Aren't you afraid to lose your points?

Shizen: We're already at zero, and you can't get much lower than that so I figured I would just do whatever I wanted. 

Class C just looked at him bewildered. This guy was in Class D who got 0 points and instead of trying to fix it, he just saw it as an excuse to do whatever!

Ryuen: Kukukukukuku! Well that is certainly one way of looking at it!

Ryuen was amused by how this guy thought. 

Ryuen: Normally I wouldn't care what you do, but  I can't have you bringing along a Class C student.

Shizen looked at Ryuen before ignoring him in favor for Hiyori.

Shizen: So you wanna go or not? 

Ishizaki: Oi! Didn't you hear Ryuen, he said no!

As he was walking to Shizen Ryuen grabbed him by the back of his collar stopping him.

Ryuen: Oi! Are you trying to make us lose more points by starting a fight?

Ishizaki: Huh?! But he-!

Ryuen: Leave it, he only care about what Hiyori answers.

Shizen looked at Hiyori waiting for an answer. Hiyori not wanting to cause trouble-

Hiyori: Gomen Shizen-san, I can't go right now. Maybe we could go after school?

Shizen:*pout* Fine, guess I'll go bother Yuki-chan then. See ya after school Aoi Usagi!

Hiyori: Yuki-chan?

With that Shizen left Class C leaving behind confused people. Well except a few.

Ryuen: Hm? Oi, why do you idiots look like your about to shit yourself?

Ryuen asked the three boys who looked afraid at Shizen even after he left.

RB1: T-t-that's the guy Ryuen.

One of them said while they all shook in fear.

Ryuen: Hmph, so that's the guy who beat you all up?

Rb1: y-yeah

Ryuen: Oi Hiyori, who was that guy?

Hiyori: Oh that is Shizen Hizumi, he is a friend I made in the library.

Ryuen was silent for a moment before he slammed his hand on Hiyori's desk.

Hiyori: Eek!

Ryuen: Shizen Hizumi, did I hear that name correctly.

Hiyori sank in to her seat in fright.

Hiyori: Uh y-yes.

Ryuen hair shadowed his eyes, before he let out a feral smirk. 

Ryuen: I never thought that he would be here.

The dragon was excited.

Meanwhile Shizen was now walking to Class B. 

Shizen: I haven't talked to Yuki-chan since when she found me beating those guys up. I should go say hello!

Shizen walk to Class B's door and just opened it with out knocking. This caught the attention of everyone in the room who looked at him in interest.

Ichinose: Oh hello there is there something you need?

Ichinose walked up to him with a friendly demeanor. She didn't know who he was or why he was here, but that didn't stop here from being nice.

Shizen just ignored her and looked around the class looking for his target.

Ichinose: Hmph rude.

Finally he found her in the back of the room not paying attention to anyone, and playing on her phone.

Shizen: Ohiyo~ Yuki-chan~!

Himeno's body jumped when she heard that.

Himeno: N-no it can't be right?

Himeno slowly looked up and saw Shizen waving at her with a smile like a idiot.

Himeno: Why the hell is he here?!

Class B just looked between the two.

Minamikata: Oh Himeno-chan do you know this hot guy?! He seems to be very familiar with you~

Himeno just dug herself into her desk trying to ignore everything going on.

Himeno: Don't talk to him or even look at him. How the hell did he know I was in class B?!

Shizen: Yuki-chan

Shizen poked Himeno's arm and she jumped in fright.

Himeno:*hisss* How did you get over here so quickly?!

Shizen: She is just like a cat; Well I walked here silly~

Himeno just clicked her tongue and looked away, not intending to have any conversation with him. Shizen however did not leave her alone, instead he leaned on her desk and continue to just stare at her. 

Himeno: The hell is he doing?

Himeno glanced at him from the corner of her eye before looking away. This stalemate continued for about a minute.

Class B: Are they gonna say something or-?

Himeno just sighed, giving up and looked at him. Seems like he wasn't gonna leave with talking to her.

Himeno: What do you want?

Shizen: Oh Yuki-neko decided to talk~

Himeno:*💢* Eh, Y-yuki-neko?

That name irked her.

Shizen: Yeah Yuki-neko, it a fun nickname I came up with for you~

Shizen always had a smile on his face, that smile was always meant to piss people off.

Himeno: Don't call me that!!!

Himeno was annoyed by him, but to class B it looked like something different.

Amikura: Ah! He has pet name for her! That so cute!

Minamikata: They look so cute together! 

While the girls of class B were fawning over what they thought was a couple, Himeno could not be more pissed off.

Himeno: Shut up! There is way in hell were a couple!

That didn't seem to move their opinions much.

Minamikata: You see Ichinose, that is what we call a Tsundere.

Himeno: Why you-I'm not a tsundere!

Shizen: Really? I think that suits you well~

Himeno: You shut up! Why are you even here?!

Shizen: Oh I was bored so I decided to skip school. Wanna hangout Yuki-neko?~

Himeno: Hell no! Didn't you hear what the teachers said? If you behave badly then your class will lose points.

Ichinose walks to Shizen with a look of concern.

Ichinose: Himeno-chan is right uh-

Ichinose realized that she didn't know his name.

Ichinose: Uh what is your name?

Shizen just stared at Ichinose, before answering.

Shizen:...Shizen Hizumi

Ichinose: Ah well Shizen-kun, Himeno-chan is right. If you skip school then your class could lose points.

Shizen: So she is was more worried about my class losing points than her own class because I'm asking Yuki-neko to join me. She really is different from Ryuen or Kushida.

Shizen looked at her with a raised eyebrow. He thought what he read about her being an angelic social butterfly who wants to help everyone was an exaggeration by the light novel, but it seems she is actually like this.

Shizen:*shrugs* What's there to lose if your already at zero.

This statement shock most of class B.

Amikura: Zero? Doesn't that mean your in class D?

Shizen: Yeah

Ichinose: Oh no are you guys ok over there?

That just opened up a whole another can of worms for her to worry about. Ichinose had a genuine worried expression on her face. She assumes that Himeno is close with Shizen, so she also assumes that Himeno is worried about Shizen and she doesn't want one of her classmates to worry. Oh if only she knew how wrong she was. 

Shizen: Eh it's fine. They brought it upon themselves.

This confused class B.

Himeno: You don't seem care if you guys get zero points.

Shizen: I really don't.

Himeno: You know that them getting zero points also effects you right?

Shizen: Yeah but it doesn't matter. I got my own plans for this school~

Himeno: Huh? What does that mean?

Shizen: Nope~ Can't tell you just yet Yuki-neko~

Himeno:*💢* Stop calling me that!!!

Shizen just chuckled at Himeno's outburst.

Shizen: So you wanna skip school?

Himeno: I already said no.

Shizen: Aww~ Bummer, guess I got find something else to do. 

Shizen walked to the door and was about to go out.

Ichinose: Hey wait! Are you really gonna skip school? What if you and your class get punished?

Shizen turned to Ichinose and just shrugged. 

Shizen: We'll deal with it when it comes. See ya!

Shizen just walked away whistling with his hands in his pockets. Not a care in the world.

Himeno: Tch, that guy it annoyingly care free about all of this.

Amikura: I think it adds to his charm, what do you say Himeno-chan~

Himeno: I already told you, we're not a couple!!

Shizen was walking, not in the school, but in the mall. He was looking around the campus for something.

Shizen: Oh here's another one.

Shizen pulled out his map and circled the spot.

Shizen: You know for a elite school, you would expect elite security, but they got a surprising amount of blind spot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shizen walked back into the school when school was over.

Shizen: Hmm, what should I do? I could hangout in the library with Shiina-chan, maybe I could hangout around Himeno and see what's up with her? Or maybe I could try getting Suzune-chan to talk to me again? Mmh decisions decisions.

While Shizen was mulling over his choices of what to do, someone came up behind him.

???: Oi!

Shizen ears perked up and he spun his head around so fast that you would think his head flew off. He recognized that voice how could he not. It was the girl whose voice he memorized into his head, it was the girl he had a shrine of back in his old world, it was the girl that he simpped HARD for.

Shizen: SUZUNE-CHAN!!!

Shizen ran and jumped at Horikita with arms open. It had been so long since she finally decided to talk to him, so he wanted to hug. Though Horikita just sidestepped him and he fell on the floor.  

Shizen: MAAAA~ Suzune-chan, why'd you move?

Horikita: Shut up, I'm only talking to you because sensei said she needs to talk with both you and me.

Shizen: Hm? What for?

Horikita: I don't know, but regardless let's get going.

Horikita walked a while Shizen  got off the floor and followed her. He was super happy that Horikita was talking to him again, but every time he talking to her she just ignored him. Sigh, back to square one. 

-Guidance Room-

Ayanokoji:*sigh* This is nice.

Sae-sensei had called him in to the guidance room and told him to wait in the kitchen door. Even though he didn't know what he was waiting for at least he could make tea.

Ayanokoji:*sips*

Then Ayanokoji heard the door of the guidance room open and heard two voices he was familiar with.

Sae: Come in Horikita, what did you want to discuss with me?

Horikita: I will ask you frankly, why was I put in class D?

Shizen: Are you sure you asking frankly?

Horikita: Today, sensei said that classes are divided by superiority and that Class D is a collection of leftovers.

Sae: Yes I did say that. I take it you consider yourself a superior person.

Ayanokoji: I wonder how she will respond? She will probably confidently object to her words.

Horikita: I believe that I solved all of the questions on the entrance exams and didn't make any big mistakes in the interview. At the very least, I don't think I should be in class D

Ayanokoji: Knew it, Horikita is the type to see herself as the best. She isn't self-conscious either and really thinks that she is superior to everyone else. On the test she tied for first place.

Sae: Solved nearly all the question on the entrance exam huh? Usually e can't show you the answer sheets for the exam, but I am willing to make an exception for you. Here is your answer sheet.

Horikita: Hm, you seem rather well equipped. Seems that you knew I would come to you to question my placement.

Sae: I'm a teacher Horikita. I understand students to some degree. Horikita Suzune, in the entrance exam you got the 3rd highest grade among the first years. You also were very highly rated in the interview as well.

Horikita: Then why?

Sae: Before that, why are dissatisfied with class D.

Horikita: No one would be satisfied with being incorrectly evaluated. The placement of the class also impacts my future so I'm less than pleased.

Sae: Incorrectly evaluated? You must have a high evaluation of yourself. I recognize that your academic ability is high. However who is to say that only the smart people get into the superior class? We never said that.

Horikita: That-that just common sense.

Sae: Common sense? Common sense is what created the broken Japan of today, where we divide the inferior and the superior through test score. Certainly you have the ability to study, I won't deny that. However the schools goal is to make excellent people. You can't make to the superior classes jut by studying, we already explained that in the entrance ceremony. Besides do you think someone like Sudou could make it through intelligence alone.

Ayanokoji: One of the most elite schools in the Japan accepts students in other areas than studying.

Sae: Also it is rash to say that no one is happy to be incorrectly evaluated. Class A is under a lot of stress and receives envy from all the other classes. The have much more pressure than you. Some student are happy to evaluated lower than they actually are. 

Horikita: I don't understand those people.

Sae: Really? I think there are a few oddballs in class D that would stay low level with pleasure.

Ayanokoji: I fell like she is talking about me through these walls. 

Horikita: Are you sure that my evaluation wasn't mistaken. Please double check.

Sae: Your placement was not a mistake, you are definitely a student at class D level. There is only the possibility of rising to class A before graduation.

Horikita: With how class D is, I believe that it next to impossible to do that.

Ayanokoji: That was Horikita's honest opinion, an enormous difference this time. 

Horikita: Then I will excuse myself for today.

Ayanokoji: Looks like this discussion is done.

Sae: Oh I called one other person to the guidance room. He is relevant  to you.

Horikita: Yes I noticed. 

Horikita turned her gaze to Shizen who was just sitting there smiling.

Horikita:*shiver* That damned smile; Seems he is strangely quite though.

Sae: No not him someone else. 

Horikita: Huh? It can't be Nii-s-

Sae: Come out Ayanokoji.

Even though she said that the kitchen door wouldn't open.

Shizen: Sensei~ I don't think he is there~

Sae: If you don't come out I'll have you expelled.

Then the door slowed opened as Ayanokoji walked in.

Shizen: Yo Koji-kun! Were you eavesdropping on us~

Ayanokoji: Eh? No the walls are too thin for that.

Sae: No the walls are thin enough that you could hear from the kitchen.

Horikita:...Sensei why did you set this up.

Ayanokoji: She noticed it was a set up.

Sae: Because I decided it was necessary. Now Ayanokoji I will tell you the reason why I called you and Shizen here.

Shizen: Hmm? Me?

Horikita: Then excuse me-

Sae: Wait Horikita, you should listen, it will give you a hint on how to reach class A.

Horikita stopped and sat back down in the chair.

Horikita: Please keep it short.

Sae: You both are interesting students Ayanokoji, Shizen.

Ayanokoji: I'm not a interesting as someone with the surname Chabashira.

Sae: Do you want prostrate yourself in front of all the Chabashiras in Japan?

Shizen: Even if you look all over Japan, I don't think we will find anyone else named Chabashira.

Shizen raised his fist for a fist bump which Ayanokoji just stared at confused. Shizen just grabbed his hand and did a fist bump like that.

Sae: When I saw your entrance exam score I thought a need for individual teaching method but the result from the latest test surprised me and made me interested.

Sae took off piece of paper from her clip board, and it was Ayanokoji's test results for his entrance exam and recent test.

Sae: 50 in Japanese, 50 in Math, 50 in English 50 in History, 50 in Science...and 50 on the recent test. Do you know what this means.

Horikita looked at the papers in surprise before her gaze lifted to Ayanokoji.

Ayanokoji: Coincidences can be freaky.

Sae: Hou? Are you going to claim coincidence to the very end. It was clearly intentional.

Ayanokoji: It was coincidence, you have no proof. Besides what good would I get in manipulating my test scores.

Sae: Question 3 was solved by the top 3% of students this year. In Question 10 you used a complex formula and solved it flawlessly, it's correction rate was 76%. And Questions 13, 24, 35, and 46 were all college level problems that even college students had a 10% rate of answering correctly. Did you accidentally solve these problems?

Ayanokoji: I don't know, it is just a coincidence.

Sae:*sigh* An attitude like that will cause you problems in the future.

Ayanokoji: I'll deal with it when I have to.

Sae turned to Horikita.

Sae: Going back to your statement about common sense.

Horikita: Huh?

Sae: To you if someone gets good grades in then they deserve to be in a superior class correct?

Horikita: Yes

Sae: Then this will into your realm of nonsense.

Sae took more papers and laid them on the table. Horikita jumped u[ from her seat and slamed the table when she saw the results

Horikita: Wha-?!

Sae: 100s across all subject and the entrance exam. Can you guess whose it is?

Horikita slowly turned her head to Shizen in disbelief. There in no he was the one who got these scores right.

Shizen: Ding ding ding, your right its me! 

Looking at him now she just stared in more disbelief. 

Horikita: How-how did you get a 100 on everything?!

Shizen:*shrug* I don't know, they made it too easy for me.

Ayanokoji just looked at the papers with a blank expression like always.

Ayanokoji: Seems like I was right about Shizen. He is definitely strong.

Sae: By normal standards he should be in class A right? 

Horikita: Uh y-yes why isn't he?

Horikita was interested in now. 

Sae: I'm not allowed to reveal a student's past without said student's permission. So you will have to ask him.

Horikita turned to Shizen and stared at him. It was her own way of asking permission.

Shizen: Sure you can...but I have a condition.

Horikita: And that is?

Shizen: Hehe~ You owe me a favor Suzune-chan~

Horikita blushed a little recalling the last favor she owned him. Before shaking her head.

Horikita: No no forget about that; F-fine I'll owe you a favor.

Shizen: Yatta! Now sensei take it away!

Sae: Hmph, alright since you gave your permission.

Sae gained a sharp glint in her eye as she looked at Shizen. 

Sae: Shizen Hizumi, you are an interesting fellow. Never scoring below a 100 on any test given, physically you rank as one of the top performers in sport for students and were said to compete and beat out adults.

Ayanokoji: So he is talented.

Horikita: That is... 

Sae: However you also involved in a lot of bad things too. You were very uncooperative with your classmate and did what ever you wanted. You had no concern for the rules and constantly skipped school, disobeyed authority and got into fights, a lot of fight. Few reports of the other party provoking you and most reports of you assaulting  people for various reasons. Though everyone you have fought has ended up in the hospital for excessive damages. By the record you have lost a single fight. Though for unknown some reason law enforcement hasn't taken you in yet. Quite a record you have.

The room was silent as Horikita and Ayanokoji processed this information.

Horikita: He...Are we still talking about the same guy. There is no way that genius delinquent you just described is this same buffoon.

Ayanokoji: So he really is special. Never lost a fight huh, I wonder how he would fair against me.

Shizen: Wow! I did all that?!

Horikita and Ayanokoji just look at him in disbelief.

Horikita/Ayanokoji: How do you not even know what you did?!/How do you not even know what you did?!

Horikita: Sensei is this real?

Sae: Yes, this school checks every students background and hasn't been wrong once. So what do you make of this Horikita?

Horikita looked at Shizen and Ayanokoji before addressing Ayanokoji first.

Horikita: Why do you choose to hide?

Ayanokoji: Eh? What do you mean? It's not like I'm hiding that I'm am secretly a genius or something.

All of them just stare deadpanned at Ayanokoji.

All: Yeah, like we totally believe that.

Horikita sighed before turning her attention to Shizen who stared back like a puppy wanting attention. Horikita decided to talk to him later. 

 Sae: So? What do you think Horikita? These two might even be more intelligent than you.

Horikita didn't say anything to Sae's comment, but her fisted clenched harder.

Sae: I just wanted to let you know that. Well I'm leaving for a staff meeting, and I'm locking this room so, shoo get out.

After Sae shooed them out of the room the trio just stand in the hallway in silence.

Ayanokoji: Anyway...Shall we head back?

Just as Ayanokoji turned around Horikita stopped him.

Horikita: Wait. Is your score really a coincidence? 

Ayanokoji: I already said it was or do you have some evidence that proves otherwise?

Horikita: No, I just don't understand why you don't seem to have any interest in Class A.

Ayanokoji: You have some usual thoughts about class A.

Horikita: Should I not? I'm work to make my future prospects more advantageous ?

Ayanokoji: No it is perfectly natural. 

Ayanokoji continued to walk away, but this time Horikita didn't stop him. Her attention was directed on to someone else.

Horikita: Now, what's the deal with you?

Shizen: Kyya! Suzune-chan is giving me attention~

Horikita: Cut it out and answer my question!

Horikita looked annoyed at Shizen as ever, while Shizen still had that smile on his face. 

Shizen: Haaaai! What do you want to know Suzune?

Horikita: How did you score 100 on everything?

Shizen: Hee, is Suzune-chan jealous of my score~

Horikita:*💢* Shut up and answer the damn question!!!

Now Horikita was pissed at him.

Shizen: So what? did you want to know if I cheat on it or something?

Horikita: No, the school management isn't incompetent to let a cheater enter the school. It's just that...you don't seem like the type who would be smart.

Shizen: Ehhh, words can hurt can hurt Suzune-chan~

Horikita: Exactly what I mean.

Shizen: Hehe, well I'll have you know I am secretly a genius!!

Horikita: Then why are you in class D?

Shizen: Ehhh, didn't sensei already tell us why?

Horikita: I want to hear more about it from you.

Shizen: Hmm, more about it...from me?

Shizen put on a thinking face for a moment before lighting up again.

Shizen: OH! That mean that you want to learn more about me right!?

Horikita: Uh...Yeah

Horikita back up a little. She did not like where this was going. 

Shizen: So that means your interested in me right!?

Horikita: I-I gue-

Now Shizen was super close to Horikita's face. How did he get there so fast!?

Shizen: So that must mean you like me right!?!?!?

Horikita: HUUUUH!? What the hell gave you that idea!?!?!?

Horikita was dumbfounded by the stupidity of Shizen's logic.

Horikita: I don't like you what so ever you got that!!!

Shizen: Your ear twitches when you lie~

Horikita immediately covered her ears.

Horikita:*blush*How does he know that!?

Shizen: Just kidding.

Horikita:*still blushing*Huh!? Why you-!?

Shizen wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned on her body.

Shizen: Soooo, since your interested in me why don't we hangout and I can tell you all about me~

Horikita: Tch fine, but get off me!

-End Chapter-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 289 4
This is a what if scenario that I took interest in and this is a whole lot different reaction with an AU of course....... Ayanokoji Kiyotaka had enr...
2.8K 75 10
Nogami Ryusei is a teenager who is entering one of the most prestigious schools in the country, Tokyo metropolitan advanced nurturing high school. he...
12K 493 9
Don't know what to put here. All I can say it's a COTE fic by me, so... Expect it to be trash? I guess? Idk. Read more if ya wanna find out. It's a S...
67.6K 1.9K 12
FanFiction, dedicated to the anime named Classroom of The Elite. I do not own the characters and places throughout the story. However, the plot will...