My Last Summer Break

Por JOYCEPEN2

"It all started with a guy in zebra stripes print t shirt at the airport that made me lose my phone and now I... Más

Chapter 1........('・ω・'), welcome to new York
Chapter 2........(❁'◡'❁) Zebra prints
Chapter 3........(☆^ー^☆) reconciliation
Chapter 4........(✿◠‿◠)n̶o̶t̶ a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶!
Chapter 6........☆(❁‿❁)☆d̶a̶y̶ o̶u̶t̶
Chapter 7....₍ᐢ •̥ ̫ •̥ ᐢ₎bored asf
Chapter 8......one step closer
Chapter 9......my fault
Chapter 10......I think I messed up

Chapter 5........(✿◠‿◠), buy one get one free!!!

107 46 27
Por JOYCEPEN2

shout out to my top fans!!! yay!!!
ṯṏṗ 1:⚜️🎉 TeKuReadz
top 2:🎀ariia_50
top 3: 🌼marinettearmygirl
top 4:🤝ErenYeagerJr
top 5:🤜🤛JustMe13859
s note that the top fans would be announced from the beginning of every chapter, love you!

_____________ɛþɪłøɠцɛ__________
I buried my face between my knees, letting tears stream down freely. "Hey, I'm -------. Wanna hang out in my treehouse?" I heard someone say, but I couldn't bear to look up, my vision blurred by tears. Nevertheless, I stood up and ran away from him.

"You look beautiful. I bet you'd look even better with a rose. I got one for just a dollar. What's your name?" he said one sunny afternoon, but once again, I fled. "Oh, do you love cookies? My mom made these!" he offered while I sat on the grass, yet I ran away again.

Walking in the rain, purposely getting drenched, I stopped, staring at my feet. "I don't know what you're doing or thinking... but I can't watch you get drenched like this. You might catch a cold. I live nearby, so I can run. You don't have to thank me," he said, handing me the umbrella's handle before darting off.

From that day on, he followed me everywhere until one day, he was gone.

Funny enough, Nathan said the same thing when he lent me his umbrella. And strangely, Christian looked like an older version of the kid from my childhood—just a bit older, like a copy and paste.

Funny enough, I fell for two people at once. It felt like a "buy one, get one free" deal. Seeing Nathan and another guy in the picture, it didn't seem like a coincidence.

_________________________________

POV (Faye),

"Um, how was your day?!" Christian yelled with a smile from across the street, his voice echoing down the block.

"Shhh," I hushed, placing a finger to my lips to signal for him to lower his voice. "No worries. There's no house here without soundproofing," he yelled back, and he was right.

"Oh, right! Um, I live here. Well, it's my aunt's place. I'm here for the summer break. How about you?" I yelled back, enjoying the exchange.

The sunlight suddenly illuminated his face, and I took in his appearance.

"Oh! My parents live here, but I don't. My cousin, Nathan, lives here. Normally, I'd be gone after summer break, but now I'm staying. It would be a hassle to never see your pretty face again. So, what do you say we have fun together this summer?!" Christian proposed enthusiastically.

__________________________________________________

POV (Faye),

I tossed and turned in bed, feeling like I was living in a dream. A 10/10 guy told me I was pretty? Was he just being nice or did he mean it? I sat up and looked at myself in the mirror.

Sure, I looked like a squished tomato—actually, more like ketchup. I went red! No way I was blushing. With my long hair down to my waist, I fit the bill of a social media girl, but I hated it. I only copied someone else. If I cut it right now, I'd be back to my nerdy appearance.

Wearing glasses had been my thing since childhood due to an eye problem. Maybe it was time to switch to contact lenses.

My downturned lips were annoying, and my round face made me look underage, but at least I was starting to look more mature lately.

I didn't know why I suddenly cared about my appearance. If I had to face those two guys tomorrow, I had to look beautiful.

Oh, I get it now. Maybe he hadn't seen my real face and called me beautiful. I hope that wasn't the case, or I'd be so embarrassed.

So now, I needed a glow-up! But first... I needed my beauty sleep.

I applied my cow milk beauty face mask and placed cucumber slices over my eyes, sinking into the soft couch with a sense of accomplishment.

I loved my aunt's house. It was modern and cool, fitting for a princess like me. Everything was premium, and my room was amazing—a VIP custom-made bed, a plush couch, a gold-edged standing mirror, and a dressing chair with a real gold edge. It felt like I'd landed in a money truck.

But it didn't feel like home. It felt like a short trip, and I was eager to go back home to granny. I hoped my aunt wouldn't ask me to stay. Despite living with granny, it felt more like home than being with total strangers.

__________________________________________________

8:00 am

POV (Faye),

I blinked my eyes open, ready to start the day. The princess was up! Today, I was going to have a glow-up. I sat up and headed to the bathroom, preparing for my transformation.

But before that, let me tell you a bit about myself and where I'm from! I should have done a formal introduction, but with everything going on, I couldn't.

"I'm Faye, a short, cute girl from Toronto! It's a good thing if you acknowledge that you're beautiful. I'm a 19-year-old adult.

"I've never met my dad. My mom always told me he was out of the country until I was seven, when I found out he left us. When my mom passed away, my grandma told me my dad was a billionaire and that he left my mom when she was pregnant with me. My grandma said I looked like him a lot,and if I ever met a man of 43 who looked a lot like me, he was my father. Funny, right?

I finished my education last year, so I'm getting ready for college. I'd like to go to L.A. for college, but as you can see, I'm stuck in New York.

I love painting, but I can't paint, so I'm obsessed with people who can. I love music, but I suck at singing—I always sound funny and not serious. So, I stick to just listening. My best song is "Build a Bitch" by Bella Poarch and "Mood Swings" by Crust on Audiomack. You should check them out and drop a review!

I usually wear big shirts and joggers, so I'm pretty much a killjoy. I love eating, and two of my favorite foods are spicy chicken feet, which I had when I visited Korea, and kimchi, also from Korea. To be honest, they have really good stuff in Korea, especially their food. But I hate sticky rice! (Sorry if that's offensive, but it's just my opinion.)

I'm scared of dogs, but I love cats—probably because I got bitten by a dog as a kid. That experience was so painful. I love eating potato chips and Pringles as my daily snacks. Luckily, the airport thief didn't steal them, so I have a bag full!

I had a rough childhood in elementary school since I always got bullied. But things got better in middle school when I tried to look cool by growing my hair long. I acted tough and avoided talking to people to make them think I was scary. In high school, I started a social media account doing eating shows and funny content. I gained 1 million followers after 4 years, but sadly, I lost my phone with all my followers along with it.

Putting past issues aside, I'm trying to start my life afresh, with a new look! One word I learned in Korea is "Fighting!" Actually, it means to keep pushing on and never give up! I guess...

______________________________________

So, after my morning routine, I stepped out of the bathroom, ready to tackle the day. I glanced at myself in the mirror, feeling a newfound confidence. Today was the day for a subtle transformation.

I dressed in a casual polka-dot round neck dress I received as a Christmas gift. It fell below my knees, covering them and a bit more, with a lined button row from the neck down to the waist. To accessorize, I wore my mom's favorite necklace—a custom-made "M" pendant. After all, my dad's name is Marvin. My casual earrings completed the look.

For footwear, I opted for black bobby shoes with a small heel—a balance between comfort and style. A pink cap added a touch of playfulness, protecting me from the sun.

I applied a slight touch of makeup, starting with a pink lipstick that suited me better than red. A bit of blush on my cheeks gave me a rosy glow, complementing my naturally flushed face.

With my beauty routine complete, I grabbed an umbrella, my wristwatch, and sprayed on some strawberry and smoothie-scented cologne. Ready to face the day, I stepped out, feeling confident and refreshed.

My mind chimed in, with conflicting voices as usual. 🌙: You look gorgeous! 💩: You look old-fashioned, eww. But this time, I chose to ignore the negative voice.

I felt like a star as I walked out the door, ready to embrace whatever the day had in store for me.

I bumped into Coral on my way to the living room, and to my surprise, she was also dressed up, but in a different, more trying-to-impress way. She was decked out in red from head to toe.

"Oh! Hey, Faye! You never dress up. What's the occasion?" Coral asked, her curiosity piqued. But I was more concerned about why she was suddenly all dolled up.

"Why are you also dressed up?" I inquired, curious about her sudden change in attire.

"Oh, this?" Coral chuckled nervously, adjusting her outfit. "Silly me, I always dress like this. But today is special. Nathan's cousin arrived yesterday and invited me for a day out..."

"Heck no!" My mind screamed, feeling a surge of jealousy. But I managed to keep my composure, masking my emotions behind a polite smile.

"Sounds fun," I replied, trying to sound nonchalant. But deep down, I couldn't shake off the feeling of disappointment. It seemed like my plans for the day were about to take an unexpected turn.

More love from joycepen 😘
Love y'all ❤️

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

148K 7.8K 54
NOTE: I REVISED BEFORE YOU GO, SO THERE WILL BE SOME MISINFORMATION IN THIS ONE REGARDING LEON & ELIZA'S RELATIONSHIP. I WILL FIX IT SOON, THOUGH! *...
133K 10.5K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔻𝕒𝕣𝕜 & 𝕃𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤 ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
7K 839 53
[bxb] Jamie had thought that this summer was going to be a lot better than it was turning out to be. But he broke up with Mikey, got into a fight wit...
164K 6.2K 67
"No, please I don't want to die now. Please God help me." I keep saying. "We will die. Ask God to forgive you. I swear I said that I don't wanna trav...