Our Forced Love

By l_michelle11

Ever since Aurora Franklin was 10, she knew that in eight years time, she'd have to marry a random man who sh... More

Introduction
𝓞𝓷𝓮
𝓣𝔀𝓸
𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻
𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮
𝓢𝓲𝔁
𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷
𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽
𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮
𝓣𝓮𝓷
𝓔𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷
𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮
𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷
𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷
𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷
𝓢𝓲𝔁𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷
𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷
𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

99 11 0
By l_michelle11

Aurora

We had gotten to the restaurant I've been going to every year for my birthday since it had opened. Rita and Ryan's. It was the best Italian restaurant that was near and the owners knew my Dad personally, so they always do something special for not only me, but other people's birthdays. They have this birthday dessert that I fall in love with every time I eat it.

The only thing different tonight than any other night was that the parking lot was empty. So was the inside. It doesn't close until 11pm and it was only 7:45, so I didn't understand why it was so empty. Especially because it's the most popular restaurant.

"Why is it empty?" I asked my parents.

"I'm not sure." Mom replied, looking confused as well. "Is Kylie here?" She asked.

"Yes." I replied. I spot her car, but see she was still sitting inside. I sent her a text letting her know we were here.

Okay <3... why is the restaurant empty tho??

She sent back. Okay, so she was thinking the same thing I was. I sent back a shrug emoji and my parents and I got out of the car. Kylie got out of hers and walked up to us.

"Mr. Franklin, Mrs. Franklin." She greeted my parents. She squealed when she sees me. "Oh my gosh, you look so pretty!" I chuckled. She pulled me in a tight hug. "You're no longer a baby anymore." She said, fake crying.

I rolled my eyes. "Ugh, stop." I chuckled. "Come on." Together with Kylie and my parents, we walked to the golden doors of the restaurant. Dad opened the door for all of us and we stepped in. All of the employees are here, so it couldn't have been closed.

The owner, Ryan Jr. walked up to all of us. "Mr. Ryan." I greeted him.

"Happy birthday, Ms. Aurora." He smiled his ever so friendly smile. "Nice to see you again, my friend." He says to Dad and they both exchange a handshake.

"Mr. Ryan?" Kylie called, pulling his attention to her. "Why is this place empty? It's normally always packed with people." She asked him. The other difference between Kylie and I is that she's too direct. Always asking questions that I don't wanna ask. She's like that with teachers, random people, anyone.

"It was bought out." He replied.

"By who?" I ended up asking.

"His name is Antonio Maricceli. He's the leader of the Organization and he said it was his fiancé's birthday today." No fucking way. My fiancé, who I still haven't met, has bought out the entire restaurant for me. "I could still serve you guys. Get seated."

"That won't be necessary, Ryan." A deep voice interjected. We all turned around and there was a man, around 6'4, looked to be in his early 20s. He had on sunglasses, covering his eyes, and a black suit that made him look dark and mysterious. He was so handsome I could just faint if I stared at him any longer. So I looked at the man standing beside him. He had on sunglasses too and looked really familiar.

"Daniel?" Kylie says, her face just as confused as I was. That is Daniel.

"In the flesh, baby." He replied to Kylie.

The other man's sunglasses were now off. His brown eyes were mesmerizing, I could stare into them all night. "Aurora." He called my name. He knows me. Wait. This can't be. He can't be. "Happy birthday, my beautiful fiancé." It is him.

"You're Antonio?" I asked him. "The guy I'm marrying?"

"I am." He replied. I could faint. Why is he so goddamn beautiful? "Ryan, shall we eat?"

***

Everyone was talking amongst themselves while I sat awkwardly beside my almost husband. This whole time I haven't said anything and neither did he. I didn't know what to say.

"So." Antonio spoke up. "What's something I need to know about you?" He asked me.

"Hm?" I asked, giving him my full attention.

"We're going to be living in the same house soon, sleeping in the same bedroom." He told me. "I'd like to know things my wife likes and dislikes so that you're comfortable at all times."

I nodded. "Oh, okay... um... I-uh." I sounded like an idiot who couldn't get her words out. It was embarrassing to say the least. "I-I can't sleep in complete darkness." I blurted. He sat up and gave me his undivided attention. "I hate sleeping in complete darkness. Laugh if you want, but I'm scared of the dark. I like to sleep with a little bit of light." I told him.

He nodded. "I could keep the bathroom or closet light on at night." He smiled. "Maybe both. Just not too much light, yeah?" I nodded. "Maybe it'll be better if you're going to be sleeping in bed with me. That way you won't feel scared. You won't be by yourself."

"Yeah." I chuckled. "Maybe." My eyes go to Kylie who was laughing it up with Daniel. It's a weird sight to see because he doesn't even talk to us in school. I don't know what's different. "How do you know Daniel?" I asked him.

He chuckled. "Daniel is my little brother." He replied. My eyes widen. Brother? So Daniel is my brother-in-law? Is that why he knew that today was my birthday? "I know. It's a lot to take in. He's the reason I already know much about you." He told me.

"Now that I see it, you two kind of look alike." I told him, chuckling lightly.

"Eh, I'm the better looking one." He said cockily and I could just only laugh.

I took a bite of my delicious food. "So." I started. "When am I moving in?" I asked him. I'd like to know so that if it happens before the wedding, I can start packing my things and getting ready.

"In about a week." He replied. "My mother suggested that it would be tomorrow, but I didn't want to throw that all on you. That'll be a lot of packing." He said and I nodded my head in agreement. He grabbed my hands in his. His hands are so soft and warm. I looked into his beautiful eyes. "You're so beautiful." He complimented.

I chuckled. "You should see me without all the makeup and the dress, I look like a troll. Especially in the morning." I could slap myself in the face. Why not just say 'thank you'?

He chuckled. His bright white teeth. I love his smile. He's smiled so many times for someone who doesn't smile often. "I doubt that. You're beautiful regardless." He assured.

This only made my smile wider. "Thank you. And thank you and Daniel for coming." I look over to see Daniel and Kylie looking as if they were going to swallow each other's faces at any moment.

"Anything for you." He replied, making me just want to beam. Why does he have to be so sweet?

Before I could say anything else, rhythmic claps were heard and I held my face down in embarrassment, already knowing what was coming. The cooks and waiters all came out. Mr. Ryan with a plate in his hand.

They all, including Antonio and Daniel, started singing the Stevie Wonder version of 'Happy Birthday'. I could only sit back and laugh so hard, I feel my face turning red like a tomato. After they were singing, Mr. Ryan set the plate down in front of me. It was two pieces of my favorite cheesecake with vanilla gelato on the side. The number '18' was carved with chocolate sauce and a tiny lit candle was poking out.

"Girl, blow out the candle!" Kylie exclaimed. I nodded and blew the candle. Cheers filled the room and I felt so happy.

As I stood up to hug my parents and Kylie, I feel Antonio grabbing my hand. He pulled out a black velvet box from his pocket. "It's for you." He said. He opened the box and it was a gold necklace with my name on it. "I got it made for you last week." He told me.

"Oh, Antonio." I gushed. "This must've costed a fortune." I said, looking at the necklace. It was gold and just from the looks of it, I could tell it was authentic.

"Ah, it wasn't a bother." He shrugged. "Can I put it on you?" He asked. I nodded. I held my hair for him and felt the cold of the necklace hit my skin and he clipped it on. I looked down at the necklace and felt my eyes well with tears. "You like it?" I asked.

"I love it." I told him. "Thank you so much, it's so beautiful."

"Anything for you." He told me. "You're my family now. I'd do anything for you." He said, making me feel all warm inside.

After tonight, I was ready to marry Antonio. I went into bed smiling so wide. I closed my eyes and thought of Antonio as sleep came over me.

Thank you for reading! Follow me for updates! Comment any questions, critiques, or feedback and PLEASE vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 41.5K 36
(COMPLETED & UNEDITED) His full lips were curled into a smirk as he grabbed her by the arm roughly. "And who might you be?" He asked her while she he...
203K 3.1K 24
"Hi S-sir what Can i g-get for you today?" She Said in a low voice with her head Down. I stod up and lifted her head up with my finger under her chi...
1.4M 35.2K 28
"You know that he sold you right? You were his card for more power, you were just a beneficial contract for both of us... What do you want now? You w...
85K 1.8K 42
Oakley grew up with her dad and her stepmom, Oakley's mom left when Oakley was 5 and her dad blamed it all on Oakley. Her dad told her that it was he...