1. Ash's Story (Part 0: Prolo...

By HungjuiChiu

The prologue of Ash's Story, telling how he meets his friends and the past before starting his journey. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 12

59 4 3
By HungjuiChiu

"Eve! What happened to you!" Alice's voice rings out in a pitch of horror, her eyes widening in disbelief at the sight before her.

In the dimly lit room, amidst the flickering shadows, Eve lies motionless on the cold floor, a stark contrast to the lively energy she usually exudes. Alice's heart races as she rushes to Eve's side, her hands trembling as she searches desperately for any sign of life. Pressing her ear against Eve's chest, she listens intently, her breath catching in her throat. Panic courses through her veins as she feels the faint, erratic beat of Eve's weakening pulse.

Flora, her usually composed demeanor faltering, springs into action. "I'm calling the doctor right away!" she declares, her voice edged with urgency.

With a nod of acknowledgment, Alice braces herself, her hands steady as she begins to administer CPR, each compression a desperate plea for Eve's survival. Time seems to blur as she focuses solely on the rhythm of her compressions, willing life back into Eve's fragile form.

As minutes stretch into eternity, the distant wail of sirens pierces through the chaos, signaling the arrival of the ambulance. With practiced efficiency, paramedics rush in, their presence a beacon of hope in the midst of despair. Together, they carefully lift Eve onto a stretcher, their movements swift and purposeful.

Outside the confines of the room, Ash and his family arrive, their faces etched with worry as they rush to join Alice and Flora in the hospital's bustling waiting room. Ash's eyes search frantically for answers, his concern mirrored in the furrow of his brow.

"Alice, we're here. What's happened?" Ash's voice is tinged with apprehension, his gaze never leaving Alice's face.

Unable to find the words to convey the magnitude of the situation, Alice finds solace in Ash's embrace, her tears flowing freely against his comforting warmth. Beside her, Flora takes a steadying breath, her voice trembling slightly as she recounts the harrowing events that led them to this moment.

"Eve suffered a sudden cardiac arrest," Flora explains, her voice steady despite the turmoil raging within. "Thankfully, we found her in time, and Alice administered CPR. But the situation remains critical. Right now, Eve is unconscious, and the doctors are doing everything they can to stabilize her."

As tension thickens in the air, Professor Berlitz arrives, his presence commanding attention amidst the whirlwind of emotions. Adam's voice breaks through the silence, his concern palpable as he seeks answers.

"What is Eve's condition, Blade?" Adam's voice quivers with apprehension, his eyes searching Blade's face for any hint of reassurance.

Blade, his expression grave yet determined, steps forward to address the anxious group. "The doctors are doing their best," he begins, his voice steady despite the weight of the situation. "They're utilizing an AED to revive her. But we must understand the severity of the situation. Sudden cardiac death is a formidable adversary, claiming countless lives worldwide, often without warning."

He pauses, his gaze shifting briefly to Eve's still form. "Given her age, it's unlikely attributed to lifestyle factors like smoking. We must consider genetic predispositions as a possible culprit," Blade continues, his words heavy with implication. "Thankfully, the swift actions of her sisters in administering CPR have likely mitigated the worst of it. However, we cannot afford to be complacent. Eve will need to remain under close observation as we monitor her heartbeat."

As the gravity of the situation sinks in, the group exchanges worried glances, a silent understanding passing between them. With heavy hearts, they make the necessary arrangements, settling the expenses for their hotel stay and relocating to the Pokémon Center in Purgh City. Though the journey back to Otem Town beckons, their concerns for Eve's well-being outweigh any semblance of normalcy.

Inside the bustling Pokémon Center, amidst the vibrant energy of trainers and their Pokémon, a familiar figure catches their attention. Blade Berlitz's wife, the renowned Top Coordinator Johana, is engrossed in a captivating display of performance skills, her children Lucas, Tox, and Dawn watching in awe.

With a shared glance, they approach Johana and her children, their footsteps echoing softly against the polished floors.

"Aurora, what a pleasant surprise," Johana greets warmly, enveloping Aurora in a tight embrace. Aurora returns the gesture with a smile, her eyes twinkling with affection.

"Hello, Johana. I see you've brought along the little ones," Aurora remarks, her gaze shifting to Johana's children. "We're taking a small vacation here since Blade has a seminar at the Purgh Hospital."

"Indeed, it's a nice change of pace," Johana replies with a smile. "It's good to see you both again, Ash, Alice."

Ash offers a nod of acknowledgment. "Likewise, Johana."

However, Alice remains silent, her expression clouded with worry. Sensing the tension, Johana's concern deepens.

"Is something amiss?" Johana inquires gently, her eyes flickering with empathy.

Aurora's sigh is heavy with the weight of her concern. "Alice and Flora's sister, Eve, is currently in the hospital wing. Her condition is quite serious," she explains, her voice laced with worry. "We're grateful that your husband was there to lend his expertise. Right now, both Blade and Adam are doing everything in their power to save her."

Johana's expression softens with sympathy. "I'm truly sorry to hear that. Valerie's daughter doesn't deserve to endure such hardships," she murmurs, her thoughts drifting to their mutual acquaintance.

Dawn, ever the beacon of optimism, steps forward to offer her support to Ash and Alice, her voice infused with reassurance. "No need to worry, I'm sure that Eve will be fine," she says, her words carrying a gentle conviction.

Alice, her brow furrowed with anxiety, offers a faint smile in response. "I hope so, Dawn," she murmurs, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Unfazed by the weight of the situation, Dawn extends a small gesture of kindness, presenting a box of homemade poffins. "I have an idea. How about trying these? My mom and I made them together. I hope they'll help you feel better," she suggests, her eyes bright with hope.

Alice's gratitude is palpable as she accepts the offering. "Thanks, Dawn. I really need it," she admits, her voice soft with gratitude.

As Serena and Lillie join the group, conversation flows seamlessly, the camaraderie serving as a source of comfort in uncertain times. Lillie's curiosity sparks a new topic of discussion as she turns her attention to Dawn.

"Seeing that you're making poffins, you must want to become a coordinator like your mom, right?" Lillie inquires, her gaze curious.

Lucas interjects, offering insight into his and Tox's aspirations. "Dawn is, indeed, following in Mom's footsteps. As for Tox and me, we have different dreams. I'm more inclined towards research," he explains, his voice tinged with enthusiasm.

Tox nods in agreement, his gaze alight with determination. "And I aspire to become a doctor. Perhaps even a gym leader specializing in Poison-type Pokémon," he adds, his ambition shining through.

Ash nods in understanding, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Ah, yes. The Purgh Hospital serves as both a gym and a hospital. It's quite unique. And who would've thought that Nurse Joy is actually the gym leader of this city?" he remarks, his admiration evident.

Tox nods, a proud smile gracing his features. "Indeed. As a gym leader, she goes by the name Amelia. It's certainly a first to have a Nurse Joy serving as a gym leader," he explains, a note of admiration in his voice.

Serena interjects, her curiosity piqued as she addresses Tox. "That reminds me, Tox, I wonder what kind of doctor you want to become? Do you want to become a Pokémon doctor or a doctor for human psychology? I mean, they are quite different."

Tox considers Serena's question thoughtfully, his brow furrowing as he weighs his options. "I definitely want to do both if it's possible," he replies earnestly. "Because it's so cool, though I have to be hardworking if I want it to be possible."

"Yeah, medical studies are quite tough indeed," Ash chimes in, nodding in agreement.

As they continue to spend their time together, a month slips by in a blur of shared moments and hopeful conversations. However, their respite is shattered when Alice and Ash arrive at the hospital ward to find the atmosphere thick with tension. Doctors and nurses rush about in a flurry of activity, their faces etched with worry.

"What's going on here?" Alice's voice quivers with concern as she addresses a nearby nurse.

"The patient's heart is working irregularly... we'll need to perform surgery, or it's going to be too late," the nurse informs them, her tone urgent.

"But the doctors are busy with other patients, and there's no time left," another nurse adds, her voice tinged with horror.

Alice's heart sinks at the grim reality unfolding before her. "Oh no... What are we going to do? If no one can perform surgery, then Eve is going to die! I don't want that!" she cries out, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Professor Berlitz has returned to Sinnoh along with his family... what are we going to do then?" Ash's voice trembles with panic, his mind racing with uncertainty.

"Did I hear that the doctors are busy and there is one patient who needs to perform surgery as soon as possible?" To their relief, they spot the gym leader Amelia Joy approaching. Her presence brings a glimmer of hope amidst the chaos.

"I'll do it," Amelia declares with determination, her gaze unwavering. "I might be a Pokémon doctor, but surgery principles should be similar for humans. Let me take care of it."

The nurses exchange a glance, acknowledging the urgency of the situation. With no time to spare, they prepare for the surgery under Amelia's capable hands. She swiftly moves to perform the Coronary Artery Bypass Graft surgery for Eve, her expertise shining through with each precise movement.

As Ash and Alice wait anxiously outside the operation room, their fears threaten to overwhelm them. "Do you think Amelia is going to save Eve?" Alice's voice trembles with anticipation.

"She has to do it. It's our only hope," Ash replies, his voice filled with unwavering determination.

After what feels like an eternity of anxious waiting, Amelia emerges from the operation room, her expression one of relief and triumph. Calling Ash and Alice over, she delivers the long-awaited news: the surgery was a success, and Eve's heartbeat has started to stabilize.

In the following month, Eve is discharged from the hospital, her recovery nothing short of miraculous. The main doctor expresses his gratitude to Amelia for her invaluable assistance during the critical moment. Ash, his family, and friends are filled with gratitude and amazement at Amelia's ability to step in and save a life, even outside of her usual realm of Pokémon care.

As Eve's health gradually improves, Alice and Flora notice a subtle yet significant shift in her demeanor. Eve's newfound fondness for Dark-type Pokémon sends shivers of unease down their spines, prompting concerns about the underlying reasons behind this sudden fascination.

"Is it just me, or does Eve seem unusually drawn to Dark-type Pokémon lately?" Alice whispers to Flora, her voice laced with apprehension.

Flora nods in agreement, her brow furrowing with worry. "I've noticed it too. It's starting to worry me," she admits, her gaze lingering on her sister with a mixture of confusion and concern.

Their concerns only deepen when their mother reveals a startling revelation. "Nothing has happened to Eve, my dears," she reassures them gently. "It's simply that she has experienced darkness in her own way, and it's natural for her to develop a fondness for Dark-type Pokémon as a result."

Alice and Flora exchange a troubled glance, grappling with the implications of their mother's words. Despite the reassurance, a lingering sense of unease remains, casting a shadow over their once-peaceful family dynamic. As they navigate this new reality, they can't help but wonder what lies ahead for Eve and the mysterious darkness that seems to enthrall her.

Here is a new chapter, and we have revealed the meeting with Dawn, Lucas, and Tox, and also Eve's condition. I hope you like this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.4K 717 15
Ash returns from his adventure in the Galar region but what he didn't expect was all of his old traveling friends to betray him even his own mother...
34.9K 1.8K 59
βŠ°α―½βŠ±β”ˆβ”€β”€β•ŒβŠ βŠβ•Œβ”€β”€β”ˆβŠ°α―½βŠ± In a world where the bonds of love stretch across continents, Ash Ketchum stands as a beacon of hope amidst an...
261K 3.7K 15
Ash Ketchum never thought that this was going to happen in his life. He thought his friends and mother loved him and supported him, but one event pro...
18.8K 371 11
Ash Ketchum is a man of his word. Ever since he left on his journey, he's been keeping every single promise he's made. Once, he made promises to all...