THE ROMANTIC CRIME

By Avinaphile

#2 in The Shaktawat Sisters Series! . Avantika Kanwar Shaktawat x Garv Singh Chauhan . . He falls for her w... More

DEDICATION
INTRODUCTION
CHARACTERS AESTHETICS
THE CHAUHANS
THE SHAKTAWATS
A SNEAKPEAK
1. THE MARRIAGE PROPOSAL
2.THE UNWELCOMED NEWS
3. THE INVESTIGATION
4. THE VERIFICATION
5. THE VISIT
6. THE TO BE VIRAL MEET
7.THE TWENTY FIVE MINUTES
8.THE ONLINE HATE
10.THE SHORT STAY IN LIFT
11.THE MISINTERPRETATION
THE PLAYLIST
12. THE RIVALRY
13. THE SILENCE
14. THE CONSTANT THOUGHT
15.THE UNCHANGED QUESTION
16.THE LUNCH
17. THE GCs AND GOSSIPS
18.THE FIRST KISS
19.THE ANSWER TO HIS WORDS
20. THE LATE NIGHT TALKS
21. THE COMFORT LEVEL
22. THE RETURN
23. THE ARRIVAL AT HOME
24. THE MUSICAL NIGHT
25. THE MEDICAL CONDITION
26. THE ENGAGEMENT
27. THE RIGHTS SHE OWES
28.THE CONDITIONS
29. THE RETURN TO HOME
30. THE ADVENTUROUS CHALLENGE
31.THE MEHANDI AND SANGEET
32. THE ANONYMOUS LETTERS
33. THE OFFICIAL US
34. THE CHAOTIC CHEATING
35. THE NIGHT BEGINS
36. THE NIGHT IS YOUNG
CHAPTER 37 & 38

9.THE ARRIVAL IN DELHI

10.9K 1.3K 235
By Avinaphile

I came across  few comments while going through the comment section of TRC clearly indicating how readers are not happy with Avantika's behaviour especially for not accepting the love of Garv. I know he is an  ideal partner but also I have mentioned why she doesn't want him in her life clearly .

Also just put yourself in her shoes, will you love a guy because he loves you? Theek hai fictional hai chalta hai ✋ but I won't tolerate any kind of abuse towards my characters as I came across some of them doing it, kuch comments maine Dlt kr diye. I don't have any problem with blaming negative characters but main leads ko? First Geet, then Anaya aur ab Avantika?

(aage se aur gaaliyan lekr aana Avantika ko dene k liye, mauke bahut aayege)

HAPPY READING!!!

•••••••

Thankfully, things have settled down for over a week now. All rumors were put to rest after his livestream, where he cleared up all the things circulating on the internet.

Logging into my account, I scrolled through my feed only to see his photo posted a few hours back promoting his upcoming song. He tagged the whole team in the caption who was involved in it. 

"Garv cutie has started being active since a few weeks ” Arisa mentioned, laying down on the bed and coughing followed by her words to get my attention but I pretended as if I didn't hear it. 

“Avu, Garv barely used to post himself like once a month but now look at him, posting his photos and videos every day either as posts or stories ” The message hidden in her words pointed out that I am the reason for his sudden active phase in social media. 

“I have to sleep, good night,” I said, switching off the data and laying down on my bed,  and facing the wall on my right side without looking at her. 

“No answer is also an answer. Good night Avu. Let me dream about you getting married to Garv cutie tonight” She giggled and hugged me, kissing me on my cheeks but I pretended to be asleep. 

••••••••••

AFTER 2 WEEKS

"Thankfully the case was solved” Roy sir announced, closing the file of a case which has destroyed our peace for the past two weeks.

"Mayank, Avantika, and Arisa, tomorrow is a weekend so you all can take a rest as you all haven't slept properly. See you on Monday ” As soon as he mentioned granting us leave of two days, Arisa smiled widely but the smile faded away when I pinched her hand to level down her excitement. 

We left the cabin and I took my bag from my desk followed by Arisa. 

"Avantika” I heard Mayank sir's voice. 

“Yes sir ” 

“What do you think about Abhishek Chowdhury's case?”He began with bringing back the topic and I looked at my best friend who stood next to me. 

“It's strange to know that his family has asked to hold the case. Maybe they need time to face the situation but I guess it has been more than two months since this incident took place ” I answered, estimating the time duration since the murder took place. 

“Let's see what happens. Happy holiday ”He wished and left.

“I hope they don't call us again saying officers come back, there is an emergency case ” She mimicked the tone of Mayank sir. I agree with her that we haven't got more than a single day's leave for the past nine months. I visited Hyderabad taking a leave of around ten days but returned within a day when I was called for the murder case in which Mr. Chauhan was suspected. 

After taking our bikes from the parking lot, we inserted the keys one by one, wore our helmets, and began our ride home, which was our quarter. 

•••••••••

Sitting with my laptop, I tried gathering the information about Abhishek Chowdhury as much as possible. I went through his interviews either in the form of videos or articles, and examined his whole family's social media handles.

“Avu,  you should sleep ” Aaru entered the room after washing dishes as we had divided our work. I will cook at night and she will do the dishes. 

“Aaru, is there any way Nishant Shergill is the one to spread the news about us? I mean is he the one who sent the goons that day? Even the attackers didn't say a word revealing the one who planned it ” I mentioned, recalling all the keywords and placing my laptop back on the table. 

“Nishant is definitely a hater of Garv Cutie because he indirectly mentioned many times that he isn't receiving the fruits of hard work but Garv Cutie got all the opportunities. Nishant can be the one who is doing it out of jealousy ” She added, walking around the room, thinking about all the possibilities. 

“Can we say Nishant is the one who planned the murder? ” I assumed, rising from my bed. 

“Maybe or maybe not. ” She replied, instantly.

We decided to go to our bed and picked up my phone to scroll. 

After I opened my social media, I noticed his story displaying near my profile picture on the feed. 

I tapped but was surprised to see him posting more than two stories in a day. I checked his highlights only to realize the difference between each of them compared to the present situation of him adding it in highlights frequently. 

Even he started posting himself frequently as Arisa mentioned how he avoided posting himself regularly apart from his songs. 

I opened our chat and started typing 

Are you flexing yourself, just because we got connected on social media? Don’t lie, I have checked your profile already.

A message striked on my screen - Glad to know you got the reason.

His reply, I mean how can he be so confident enough to state it directly?

The very next moment I received a call from him, making my best friend suspicious who noticed his name on my screen. 

“Avuuuuu” She squeezed my cheek. 

“Hello,” I answered, getting outside of my room. 

“Hi ”

“Why did you call at this time? ” I questioned but heard my best friend singing in the room. 

“Yaad avantika ki aane lagi haaye bheegi bheegi raaton mai”

I muted the call and warned her“Muhh tod dungi tera mai” 

“Hello Ms. Avantika, ” I heard his voice and I unmuted it. 

“Yes, please. You are audible ”

“Actually I am visiting Delhi for a fashion show it's tomorrow night  we are leaving tomorrow morning " 

“So how can I help you? ” I asked, unable to find a meaning and connection between the fashion word and me. 

“Are you interested in joining us? ” 

“What am I supposed to do there? ”

“You can meet your sister's family too. Can I book your ticket and even Arisa can join us?”He said on the other side of the call. 

“Sorry Mr. Chauhan. I won't be able to join you. You are aware of all the online things happening nowadays whenever they spot us together ” I justified the reason for not joining him for the event.

“That's the reason behind my live streaming a few days back. No one would question us and even I asked your sister about it. She wants you to join us there ” He requested but why he is involving Geet jija in this? He is confident I won't deny my sister’s words. 

“Mr. Chauhan, sorry but I can't ”

“I have booked your ticket as well. Oh sorry, I have booked Arisa's ticket too” How can he do this without asking us?  

“Neither Arisa nor I would join you for Delhi's fashion-” And my phone seized away from my hand and turned my head to notice it was Arisa "Garv cutie, we will join you and text us the details. Bye, good night. And please don't say thankyou”

And she hung up the call and walked inside of the room humming a song,“Suhana safar aur yeh mausam haseen”

"Do you have any idea what did you do ?” I held her hand, stopping her from moving. 

“Of course, we will go to Delhi. We have to pack our bags ” She answered calmly, not aware of her actions. 

“How are we supposed to join him? We can't burden him with our expenses related to traveling and accommodation ” I scolded her. 

“Chill Avu baby. Don't worry, I will talk to Hriday about it. He is his manager, isn't he? ” Her words attempted to cool down my anger but I didn't listen to her. 

My phone started ringing again and answered 

“Mr. Chauhan,  we aren't joining”

“Avu it's me Geet ” My hand smacked my forehead on learning it's my sister's call. 

“Jija, haven't you slept till now? ” I asked, sitting on my bed, looking at my best friend placing a water bottle nearby. 

“When are you visiting Delhi? I came to know through Dhruv that Garv Banna is visiting here. Why don't you join them? ” She suggested but I knew she was purposely acting to make it look like a coincidence. 

“Jija I know he has asked you to talk to me about it ”

“Yes he has asked me but I know you. Don't worry I have already paid for your tickets. At Least you can agree now” She answered and Arisa examined my face looking at me. 

“Say yes ” She begged, joining her hands. 

“Okay we are coming ” As soon as I announced, Aaru hugged me tightly and thanked Geet Jija taking the phone from my hand. 

“Avu, you are the best. " She kissed my cheek and smiled.  She headed to take down the bag from the cupboards and I disconnected the call after a while. 

••••••••

We were on our way to the airport after picking up Avantika and her best friend from their home. 

“If you don't mind, can I call you Garv cutie instead of Mr. Chauhan? ” I heard Arisa's voice from the backseat. 

“Of course you can, ” I replied.  Mihika, Muskaan, and Arisa are sitting in the backseat. Hriday is sitting next to the driver (bodyguard).

She sat next to me, wearing her airpods and I noticed my song cover displayed on her lock screen. Denying to marry me but still listening to my songs. 

I titled a little and she removed one of them from her ears. 

“I never knew you are a fan of Garv Singh Chauhan ” I whispered in the same voice which made her nervous at my place. 

She turned her head, picked up the phone, and glanced at her best friend. 

“Arisa, take your phone and please give back my phone ” Her words were for her best friend but her eyes frowned at me. 

Bad luck. You should have checked once or thought before speaking to her. She entered her fingerprint and began to use her phone.

Her black eyes were busy admiring the pictures of her niece and nephew and her left hand held her phone while the right one swiped the screen to change the photos. I noticed the nail paint on the nails, a soft pink shade matching her blush. 

She kept her phone down on the seat and took a claw clip to tie her long straight hair in a bun.

Thankfully she didn't select a crop top today. After making a bun, she picked back her phone and started seeing the pictures. The love for them shined in her eyes and a constant smile graced her face during each picture she adored. 

“Airport has arrived, ” Hriday announced, removing his seat belt and stepping out of the car followed by everyone who sat in the backseat. 

“Paparazzi are here ” She inhaled a breath on noticing them outside of the car and looked at me doubtfully. I know what's bothering her. 

“Did you ask them or do they stay here all the time? ” She questioned and we realized it was just the two of us in the car. 

“I didn't. ” I answered but noticed her hair loosening by itself, only to see them falling on her face. 

Her hands quickly placed them back and she wondered to find a way to get out. 

“I should have come by a cab” She murmured and I covered my eyes with goggles. 

I asked her to wait inside as I decided to ask them to not capture her after getting outside of the car. She agreed and I stepped outside only to be attacked with the cameras held in their hands asking for a photo. 

“Only on one condition ” I declared. 

“My friend isn't used to these cameras so as soon as she stepped outside of the car. Please maintain her privacy. Don't click her photos. She is my family member ” I informed and stood to give them a few poses to shoot after they agreed. 

After they put down their cameras, I asked her to get outside. Hriday and my bodyguard kept an eye on their actions so nobody would click her. 

Her face was covered in a mask, while her eyes had a shade of goggles along with a cap and without wasting a second she walked past heading towards the boarding gate. I thanked everyone for their cooperation. 

•••••••••

“Welcome to Delhi Garv ” My best friend stood with a bouquet near the exit gate. Thank God the media is not present over here.

I noticed my friend's wife closing the car gate.  “Welcome to Delhi, everyone ” She greeted us with a bright smile on her face.

After meeting everyone, all the ladies headed for their home along with Mrs. Dhruv in her car, and while we got inside of Dhruv's car. 

“Dhruv, I told you already that we will stay in a hotel. Why are you bothering your wife and she is even handling two kids ?” I complained when he requested to stay at his place though I suggested that Avantika and Arisa could stay there while we stayed in the hotel. 

“You are hardly here for 24 hours. We don't meet regularly for your reminder. You are staying at our place or else I won't be talking to you for the next 3 years ” He put his condition and as usual, I had no options left than agreeing to it. 

•••••••••

Everyone gathered in the living room, while some occupied chairs and some sat on sofas. Mrs. Dhruv and her sister were busy in the kitchen I guess preparing coffee and tea. 

“Avantika ko leke aa gaya. Maan gaye tujhe ” My friend patted my shoulder and sat nearby with his daughter. 

“Garv Singh Chauhan naam hai mera ” I answered proudly, taking Riddhi from his hands.

She returned from the kitchen and handed over cups and mugs to each one of them. 

“Maachi ” Riddhi called her, while her actions asked her to sit nearby. 

“Avantika, I guess Riddhi wants you to sit next to her bade papa. Am I right, my daughter? ” My best friend got up from his place and made Avantika sit next to me. On the other hand, Riddhi sat partially on me and her. 

“Bribing a kid? ” She asked slowly, holding the hand of her niece. 

"Yes, of course. I have asked her to make you sit here and you know how much did I pay? 20 crores! ” I answered only to see her giving me a warning with her eyes. 

Even on the flight, her seat was initially allocated next to me but she exchanged it with Hriday who was happily sitting next to Arisa. How can I forget Hriday irritating me throughout the journey by reminding me how my Ladyboss didn't allow him to sit with his crush only because she didn't want to sit next to me? 

“I hope my daughter doesn't inherit the personality from her,” I murmured. 

“What daughter are you talking about? ” She asked again, forgetting that we aren't alone. 

"Aapse matlab ” 

“Garv banna and Avantika, don't fight like you did when we were on our way to Jaipur ” Her sister interrupted.

“Don't forget jija, everyone is eagerly waiting for us to get engaged. See we aren't compatible even though we sat for hardly half an hour together, we ended up arguing. Do you still believe we are good to pair as a couple” She replied, moving away from me and finding a place near Muskaan to settle down. 

“Even your jija argues with me. Still, we have been together for more than ten years ” My best friend's smile faded away when his wife gave him a death stare. 

“I mean even I argue with her. I am the one who started the fight but we are still together, happily married, and of course parents of twins” He corrected, wrapping his arm around his wife's shoulder. My manager, stylist, secretary, and her best friend started questioning the secret of their happy relationship. 

Do I have an option to punch my best friend's face for sprinkling salt over the wounds? 

After talking for a while, we decided to get ready for the event. 

•••••••••••

“Geet jija, please help me ” I called her as my best friend had already left with Hriday, Mihika, and Muskaan. 

I am struggling to tie the strings of my dress. I know my sister lied to me saying it was bought by her, I know it's him who asked my sister to give this to me. 

“Jija ” I called her again but noticed his reflection in the mirror. 

“Mrs. Dhruv is busy with the kids ” He answered and stood outside of the room. 

I turned to face him and moved to the side so he couldn't see my back which was waiting to tie the strings. 

“Any help? ” He asked, entering the room wearing a black shirt and a coat of the same shade over it. 

“I will wait for Jija to help me. Thank-you ” I answered, only to realize his presence near me. 

“Are you sure?  Mrs. Dhruv won't be free for the next twenty minutes as she is occupied with Raj and Riddhi. Even Dhruv isn't at home ” He informed me but I didn't bother to glance at him. 

“I will manage it. Thank you” I said, waiting for him to leave. 

“I don't think you will be able to manage it, that's the reason you called your sister ” He reminded me and his hand showed the wristwatch informing me of the time as we were getting late. 

“ I know you are unable to tie it ” He leaned and said slowly into my ear. I guess he got to know the only thing that could make me nervous was his whispering into my ear. 

“Don't worry, I won't make you uncomfortable” He continued, looking into my eyes. 

“We are getting late Avantika, ” He said and as always I had no option other than agreeing to him. I want to hit my head. 

Standing in front of the mirror, he asked me to remove my hair but his eyes fixed on the mirror looking at our reflections. his hands reached to tie the strings attached to my dress.

“I hope you don't punch me ” He smiled, continuously looking in the mirror without moving his eyes. 

“Thank you,” I said, placing my hair back and turning to face him. 

"You're most welcome ” Again he chose to whisper into my ear. 

I didn't utter a word and walked past him to wear my heels placed near the bed. I felt his presence behind me. 

“What do you get by doing this Mr. Chauhan?” I turned to question him, but the heels lost their balance. I held him to not fall but the result was in contrast.

Finding ourselves on the bed, his body successfully hid me. I felt his breathing over my shoulder and he slowly raised himself followed by a power cut. 

“Avantika,” He said slowly, his face partially visible due to the moonlight passing through the window. 

The closeness between us grew, and we locked eyes without speaking or blinking as I held onto his collar.

We found ourselves gazing into each other's eyes and suddenly his face was slightly turned away from mine. Avantika, why are you feeling so nervous?

“Avu, are you ready or not? ” My sister's voice approached the room and he rose quickly from the bed while I followed his actions. 

We left the room turning the flashlight on from our phones and decided to leave for the venue. Unwillingly, I was stuck with him as it was going to be only two of us.

After meeting my sister, we descended to the ground floor using our phone torches as there was a power cut.

“You aren't comfortable walking Ms. Avantika, ” I heard him from behind. 

"Don't worry, I do have a habit of doing all the work by myself ” I replied, finding it uneasy to climb down the stairs.

Before I ended up befriending the ground, his hand slowly snaked around my waist drawing me closer and he whispered into my ear again, "You don't have to adjust or find a way to fit in when I am around”.

A complete silence found a residence in our presence. 

A sudden return of power resulted in us moving away and we opted to go by lift as we were about to reach the second floor.

After getting inside of the lift, I leaned against the metal wall and a message popped out on my notifications from Hriday and Arisa.

We have reached the venue. I hope you and Sir arrive here on time. - Hriday.

Is Garv cutie okay? After seeing my best friend in that black dress. 

I locked my phone and exited the elevator, only to find a branded lavish black car waiting in the parking lot. Maybe it has been arranged by him.

He opened the back seat gate and offered me to sit inside. I sat down and he closed the gate sitting next to me.

“People will assume we're a couple over there, especially the media,” I reminded him.

“I have been in this industry for more than four years now. I don’t do anything without seeing the pros and cons of my actions. Keep some trust in me Ms.Avantika Kanwar Shaktawat” He responded confidently, relaxing his back on the seat.

____________

Also there won't be any update next week as I am taking a break from writing! Kindly don't text me asking about updates .

No VOTE TARGETS FOR THIS CHAPTER.

I hope you all enjoyed reading it. How is the chapter? Don't forget to vote and comment down below

For more updates and spoilers, you can follow me on instagram - avinaphile.

Take care and see you in the next chapter

Avina ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.7K 2.2K 46
As he stood in the hallowed halls of the temple, surrounded by the murmurs of prayers and the soft glow of flickering candles, Hukum's gaze was drawn...
5.1K 490 14
A desi college romance story. (Kindly note : This is a revised version of FTG. The previous version will not be continued further. This is Shrey and...
74.9K 4.5K 73
I don't know from where it starts, but i want my end in your embrace. This Love story is about Advik Rathod and Niyati Sharma. She felt happy after s...