My Riptide || ONGOING

By Quinn_writesfw

Coral is a hometown beach girl filled with nothing but ambition and helplessness. Her past brings back trauma... More

Introduction & Chapter 1
Chapter 2 ~met at shore~
Chapter 3 ~her sandy hair~
Chapter 4 ~reckless~
Chapter 5 ~Purple Face
Chapter 6 :Party animals
Chapter 7: That Smile
Chapter 𝟾: Sparkle
Chapter 9 ~ love on waves
Chapter 10 ~Dreamy~
Chapter 11 ~Goals~
Chapter 12: Breathe
Chapter 13: Adore
Chapter 14: Artwork
Chapter 15: Drunk Driving
Chapter 16: Damages
Chapter 17: in love
Chapter 18: Milo
Chapter 19: sleeping problems
Chapter 20: Taste
Chapter 21: All ive wanted
Chapter 22: Better
Chapter 23: take it back
Chapter 24: Did something
Chapter 25: Randomly Unfortunate
Chapter 27: A Mess
Chapter 28: Haunted

Chapter 26: Intrusive thoughts

38 1 0
By Quinn_writesfw

River-

As hard it is to not join in on with the other guys and start laughing my ass off at Peach as she gets frustrated trying not to fall off the board, I don't. At least I try not to.

I try helping the chick out, but she has officially banned me from touching her board for now on. If I can't touch her board how can I get my hands on her? Impossible for a fact. She's like an attractive magnet. Then again I don't want to help her out. She's cute when she's frustrated.

I watch her as she attempts to stand until Hannah flips her over as well as an incoming wave. Yeah probably not the best idea to drag Peach out in these waves. She seems to be doing perfectly fine.

My eyes follow right back on top of Milo's just like they have been ever since he's gotten here. I know he knows he has the whole secret in his hands and can ruin me and Peach's relationship in the snap of his fingers. Which is why he's irritating me so much now that he's back. He knows I only came to the beach to watch her and he thought it was pathetic, but he kept it secret for many years which was surprising.

He's still the same dick that he was. Nothing much of a change. Still smokes, still cocky, still fucking with party girls with the slut that he is, still thinks the world revolves around his huge ass ego.

I know I've changed. I use to be the same guy. It wasn't until Gavin died to when I straightened myself out. Watching my summer go by can really bring back to when i had all the summers in the world.

I finally take my eyes off of Milo once he looks back for a wave. My chance to steel his. I paddle forward and lift myself off before he gets the same chance.

"My bad Milo!" I yell out and start chuckling to myself. I need to stop but it feels to good not to. The glare on his face was gold. Exactly the face i was hoping for.

"Fuck off!" I hear him yell back.

I swim back to Peach as Hannah catches a small wave.

"That was pathetic." Peach laughs to Hannah.

"I wouldn't talk if you're the only person that hasn't caught a wave yet." I confirm.

"I don't know what you expect from me." She says crossing her arms. "I'm surprised I haven't actually flipped over yet by another massive wave."

"Come on Peach try it." I push.

"No."

"Oh come on don't be a pussy Blondie." Milo cuts in. I fucking hate it when he calls her that. I know he knows I do.

We both roll our eyes at Milo, "Look babe, it's not hard I'll show you."

"Ok fine." She agrees

I explain all the details and she waits for a wave. There's one coming up that Milo calls.

"No, this is Peach's. I'll tell you when to go Peach. Make sure to paddle fast. Okay go, go, now!" I direct.

Just as I hope she gets it before Milo and stands up. Damn right.

"No fucking way Peach!" I yell out. She only stands up for less than two seconds but hey she stole her first wave from the dumbass next to me and at least attempted to stand. I swim over to her and help her back on her board.

"Did I do it?!" She asks excitedly.

"It was amazing. I mean you fell off as soon as you stood up but it's progress." She smiles as I reach to cup her face. " I mean you stole Milo's wave and everything!" I add. She laughs silently.

"That's bullshit. Waste of a god damn wave. Fuck all of you." Milo pouts as no one listens.

****

About 3 beers later well, for me at least, me and Peach are both making sand castles. I haven't done this since I was a kid. Mines definitely winning. We are competing our castles very competitively. She's "accidentally" knocked mine over twice so now I'm hovering over it so she can't get to it.

"Why so protective?" Peach looks up with an evil smirk printed on her lips. I watch as the wind blows her hair in her face and she gets annoyed trying to move it.

Karma.

"I'm saving my castle from your 'clumsy' big ass feet. There's no way your getting to it." I hover over mine closer and spreading my arms out ready to feel her get closer.

I'm in protective mode.

"Your not saving much." She points to the crumpled sand below me.

I raise myself back up to look at my "saved" masterpiece of a blob.

"God damnit." I scoop the pile of sand into an odd shape trying to save it. She starts laughing as she takes another sip of beer.

I glare at the pile of sand in front of me then back at her. But I don't keep my glare for long once I see her still laughing.

God damn this girl. She has me wrapped around her finger like some kind of string. Im gorilla glued to that string for life if it means I get to watch her laugh like that again.

I'll do anything to see her smile like that again. Even if it means to cut my parents off and live with her for the rest of my life in this town. Or wherever she wants to live, I'll follow her around like a puppy I don't give a fuck. Anything's acceptable at this point.

She knows what she does to me. I'll do it tonight. Im calling my parents and telling them everything tonight. I'll do it for her. Anything.

I wanna be hers.

I take another sip of my beer and knock back into reality. I watch her gulp the rest of hers. She needs to hold off on the alcohol though. The party doesn't start till another two hours.

I want to knock her sand castle over so bad but I control my intrusive thoughts because she's worked so hard on that. I couldn't ever ruin her sand castles...

I watch her stare at her sand castle with another grin. She slowly stands and glances back and forth between the sand castle and me. She takes a few steps back.

What is she planning?

I should know better to not asks myself that question anymore. I never know what Peach is planning.

I watch her sand castle get smashed by her stomach as she splats on top of it and I feel my heart crumble a little bit as my mouth drops open.

It's was such a good sand castle. How could she do that. I'm guessing she has no control over her intrusive thoughts when she's drunk.

I grasp my heart in hurt and look back up at her. She just lays there crushing it even more with the same evil grin.

I'm left speechless.

"I had to crush it before you did. I know you were thinking about it."

"How could you tell? I was thinking about how beautiful it was and that's why I wasn't going to destroy it." I say staring at her, still hurt.

"Sensitive much?" She mumbles.

It brings me back to when we first met and I called her sensitive. I know what she's doing.

That's a first.

I take another sip of my beer and come closer to her back that's facing the sky.

Anything left sober in me is slowly fading every time my tongue soaks in the alcohol I hold in my hands.

But I know my limits.

I pull on the side of her waist to turn her towards me. She has sand on her cheek and a sun burn across her scrunched nose. Fucking adorable.

I drag her closer to me. Her body easily slides on the sand as I dust her cheek off. She grabs her bottle of beer but I snatch it away from her.

God this girl.

"Give it back." She slurs her words.

"Later." I hide the beer behind me, out of her reach. "Why do you drink so much anyways?" I watch her face turn angry, not knowing I hit a Sirius subject.

"I'm not an alcoholic." Is all she says turning away from me.

God damnit save yourself River. Not acceptable for today.

"Hey, hey." I pull her back in my direction. "I never said you were. I know your not. I didn't mean it like that I-."

"It's okay." She cuts me off and smiles at me. "I was just joking with you." She slurs.

I sigh in relief.

"Mostly." She adds.

My eyes shoot back up to her in panic. But I'm left looking at her give me that smile again.

"I'm kidding." She giggles.

Little shit. Making my heart panic for no reason. She's going to give me heart problems. My adrenaline is higher than a kite.

"Fuck, Peach." My hand finds it's way to her bottoms. My fingers trace over the rim of them as I scoot her closer to me.

I grasp her jaw and kiss her lips gently before going in a little harder after. My thirsty mouth makes its way to her neck as they always do.

Like I said earlier, she's like a magnet. Especially in this bikini at the moment. I swear it's doing a lot more than it should today.

I want it off of her.

That's way to much of an intrusive thought. But when I'm drunk I have lots of them.

Like taking her to the shack so we're not around anyone, or... actually the others are private.

Im controlling all of them, but one is just going to have to be broken...

*******************
Hi guyssss!!! Sorry this took me a hot minute to write. I'm now excited for my plans I have for these next chapters. And I'm trying to get this book finished because all I can think abt is ideas for my next book and not ideas for this book. ITS KILLING ME. I'm going to get this one finished though don't worry. It'll be a while before this one will get finished anyways. But be exited for the next one coming soon. Well... not soon but soon.

Wordcount: 1805 words (p.s I'm trying to make shorter and more parts to this book let me know if you prefer shorter or longer chapters.)

(Not edited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

512 83 9
16 year old Taylor Ford wants this summer to be different. She doesn't want to live her life in her little bubble anymore. She wants to live her life...
17.9K 567 29
(COMPLETED) Reina Smith is a 17 year old black girl who has never had a boyfriend or even been kissed for that matter. When she goes to spend the sum...
1M 17.1K 62
-"Fuck I can't wait to taste you." He says under his heavy breath. Excitement courses through my body as Tyler wraps my legs around his waist so he...
29.4K 507 18
A girl named Diamond is in the senior year of middle school and she has a crush on the boy she loves. She makes her love known to him not knowing wha...