Don Ferna (BWWM)

By Faavvyy

..In the midst of all the chaos, she was his distraction... ~~~ How much could change in just 8 years of abs... More

OPENING NOTE!
CHARACTER SHEET (and aesthetics)
PROLOGUE
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
32.5
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
47.5
48.
48.5
49.
50.
BONUS CHAPTERS!
So... What Do We Name Them?
The Recital
Bedtime
Christmas Birthday.
Another One?
Daddy's Favourite.
Besties.
A... Proposal?
'Gentle' Parenting.
Little Crush
Dinner.
EPILOGUE

The King's Wife.

412 15 27
By Faavvyy

Tobias watched her as she signed the certificate, her hand almost shakily sweeping her hair from her face.

She didn't need to hide the fact that she was nervous. He already knew.

He had heard the slight break in her voice when she repeated the vows after the registrar. She had wanted it quick and simple and he had agreed.

Alvaro and Clara on the other hand...

The shutter from a camera was heard and he heard a light giggle from the senator's wife as she focused the lens on them.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. You both look so well!" she said as she took another picture while he just laughed. Eniola however only smiled before dropping the pen.

"Alright," the registrar chipped in. "Now, for the bride's witness?"

Clara did a shy wave and stepped forward, quickly scribbling on the certificate.

"All done!"

The official turned the document towards himself for a second before nodding.

"Don Ferna, Donña Ferns, congratulations!"

Alvaro immediately clapped and Clara hugged the two newlyweds.

"Finally!" she exclaimed. "I am so happy for you both. I wish you nothing but a happy life together!"

Eniola hugged her back while Tobias slipped away. "Thank you, Clara. For making it."

~~~

She had been unable to take her eyes off the replaced ring as they drove back to the estate, silently staring and occasionally nodding whenever Tobias spoke and he was beginning to get concerned.

Tobias took her hand in his, his eyes on the road as he brought her fingers to his lips. "Mi vida, what's on your mind?"

Eniola bit her lip, tainting her reapplied lipgloss.

"It's nothing important."

He spared her a glance with a raised brow, letting go of her hand.

"Fine..." she drawled. "I'm just nervous, okay? Like, what if we rushed into this?"

Tobias laughed a full hearty laugh that almost made him tear up. She could be adorably unbelievable at times.

"Darling, we've been together for quite some time— our tenth year anniversary comes up in November and you're worrying if we were hasty?" he asked, slowing down as he got to a stop. "I'm more concerned with getting you a better anniversary gift than last year."

She looked at the ring again.

It was similar to the engagement in terms of design but instead of silver, it was gold plated. She had found it off since silver was the family's symbols but Tobias was notorious for breaking traditions when it came to her.

"This is the best gift," she said, pleased that she could get a smile out of him. "And you've got to stop buying me more jewelry."

"Impossible. I love how you look in diamonds."

"It's too expensive."

"We can afford it, my love," he countered and she huffed.

"Well, I'm beginning to run out of space."

"We'll get a bigger dresser by your side of the bed."

"It won't be enough."

"We'll clear out a spare room if necessary."

"There's no spare room. The last two are Mimi's playroom and the mini library-music room," Eniola said.

"There's Luca's room," he pointed out and she gasped, hitting his shoulder.

"I'm not letting you clear out your godson's room."

Tobias shrugged. "He's rarely here. I'm sure he won't mind."

"I want him to have somewhere to stay when he comes around," she said.

"What about the second living room?"

"Tobias, we are not clearing out a room." Her voice was firm and he just pouted.

"Is there anything you want if not jewelry?" he asked and she shook her head.

She never asked for anything and most of the time, he had to figure it out himself.

"A new car? You said you liked Clara's Porsche. We could get you one in black"

"Not sure I've driven up to one hundred miles in my Bentley," she said and he nodded in agreement. She hardly drove and left it to him whenever they were together.

He didn't mind.

"You mentioned the strap in your... Birkin, is it?"

"Yup."

"Right, you mentioned the strap broke. We could get a new one?" he offered and she shook her head.

"I had it fixed. I have too many of those."

"You said you liked Loewe too a few days ago. We could get you that."

"It's white people's fashion."

"Oh that's not racist, at all," he quipped and she just laughed. "My love?"

She looked at him. "Yeah?"

"You know I can and will get you anything you want, right?" Tobias asked and she paused before allowing herself to smile.

"I know."

"You would tell me if you want or need anything, wouldn't you?" he asked and she nodded again, her resolve slipping through.

"I would."

He let his hand lay on her thigh, squeezing for a second as he rested the other on the steering wheel.

"You're very tense. How can I help?" he questioned softly, purposely navigating and driving to the side of the road to park.

Eniola's hand covered his. "I'm fine... I just feel a bit..."

"...overwhelmed?"

"Yeah..." she replied very quietly. "It's just that I imagined this day a little differently, you know?"

"How so?"

"Like... my mom, dad or siblings or friends or whatever being present but all I have are people from your family. I mean don't get me wrong, I love Varo and Clara and everyone but..." she sighed.

"You feel you are alone. Is that what this is?"

She closed her eyes and breathed through her nose. "Yeah, it's silly. I know."

Tobias kissed his teeth and removed his seatbelt so he could lean closer to her.

"It isn't. I know exactly how you feel but I also want you to understand that what you see as my family are yours as much as they are mine," he said. "And your mother and siblings, we could visit them whenever you want to. If you would want that, of course. I haven't seen them since the twins were born so a reunion is long overdue—

"What I'm saying, my love, is that you aren't alone. You have more people on your side than you have ever had. From your family, your sisters and brother love you and look up to you. You're everything to them. And from our family, you have men and women that would give their lives for their Queen and then Alvaro, Clara, Vittore— you have always been his favorite—, Rebecca and even Lucado. You have our children. You have me."

She vigorously nodded, quickly blinking. A valiant effort to not cry. "You have no idea how much I love you."

He smiled, letting his finger twirl around the curled bang in front of her ponytail. He had a little idea. That was all he needed.

"I cannot wait to spend the rest of forever with you, wifey."

Eniola let out the most treacherous snort, almost forgetting her breakdown. "Why the fuck would you say that?!"

He too laughed, his face immediately warming up as he started the car.

"I've wanted to say it for years. Do not take it away from me!"

"Take me to dinner first!" she retorted.

"Wasn't that the plan after we dropped the certificate at home?"

Her mood was a lot brighter as she leaned over to turn on the radio, settling for some pop song that had recently gone viral.

He didn't feel the need to say any more, noting that she was in a much better headspace as he drove up their estate road.

Her eyes were on the passing trees and he had to remind himself he was driving to keep his focus instead of staring at his wife.

Tobias sighed in relief.

It felt good to finally be able to put that label on their relationship.

Fucking overdue.

As he drove up to the open gate, he felt something. A vibration. She immediately noticed as she lowered the volume.

"What's that?" Eniola asked and he shook his head.

He hadn't gotten a call or text meaning there wasn't a break in so what exactly was happening?

As he drove up to the parking lot, a familiar face waited for them, standing right in the slot and not moving until Tobias was forced to stop.

The more he listened to the noise, the more he was sure it sounded like music.

"Varo? Que pasa?" he asked as he rolled down the window and Alvaro just grinned, going over to Eniola's side to open the door.

"Special treatment for the special bride," he took her hand and helped her out as Tobias did so himself.

"Varo?" Eniola called and he gave his mischievous grin again.

"Que?"

"What's going on?"

The look Eniola and Tobias gave him made him know he could not avoid the question anymore before he groaned.

"Fine. Fine!" he exclaimed, swinging his arms over both their shoulders and leading them forward. "Remember when you guys told me you were getting married and I said the perfect location would be Catedral de la Santa Cruz?"

"Well, yeah."

"Then you guys said it wasn't going to be a church wedding because Tobias is the Antichrist and you just don't care?"

Tobias laughed but nodded. "Not exactly, but yes."

"And then you both settled for this teeny tiny civil wedding with just four people. Like who the fuck does that? You're marrying Tobias Ferna for God's sake! You had the opportunity to outdo your fuckass royal cousin, Gato and you blew it."

"You're never going to let us live this down, are you?" Tobias asked and Varo nodded.

"Never but to make it a bit less painful—"

"Congratulations!"

Tobias almost jumped at the sudden coalition of loud voices while Eniola's eyes widened.

There were so many people on the ranch, holding glasses of wine and champagne while some Spanish music played in the background. The kids were all seated at the table as Lucado tried his best to entertain them and make sure they were all seated.

"I threw the both of you a little something," he concluded proudly.

"Sister mi!" A dark skinned woman called, making her way towards Eniola.

Eniola broke into a smile as she broke free from Varo and ran over to her. "Feyi! What are you doing here?!"

They both hugged each other and Eniola pulled her away to look at her.

"I got a message that you were getting married. This man, Alvaro, took care of everything and made sure I got here on time from Ontario. He said he worked for your husband?" Eniola could not help but feel flustered when her half-sister referred to Tobias as her husband and she hugged her again.

"I'm so happy you could make it. Thank you so much, Feyi!"

Feyi laughed again as she patted her back. "You know that I can't miss your wedding. Especially the reception. It's already bigger than my own o and Chuka is getting envious."

Eniola brought her hand to her mouth.

"Your husband is here?!"

"He is! He left a while ago to make a phone call," she explained and Eniola realized something.

"Baby, come over?" she called Tobias who stood with Varo. He was beside her immediately, his hand immediately going around her waist as he kissed the side of her head.

"Feyi, hello."

His tone was cordial and Eniola rolled her eyes when her sister fawned over it.

"Ah, brother mi, congratulations!" Feyi said with a smile.

Tobias chose to pretend he understood what the phrase meant when they were in no way related.

"Thank you. Thank you also for coming. It means a lot to us." he said politely, maintaining his distance and just dipping his head.

"I couldn't miss it for the world."

There was that distinctive accent he associated his wife's family with.

Eniola tapped his hand.

"Baby, I need to go say hi to my brother-in-law and well, everyone else," she said to him and he sighed, leaned down to kiss her forehead before letting her go.

"Five minutes and I'm coming to get you."

She only smiled and let her sister pull her away. As soon as she left, Alvaro materialized beside him with a glass of champagne.

He accepted the drink, raising it for a moment. "As much as I hate so many people being on my ranch, Varo, I am indebted to you."

The ex-lawyer had a smug look on his face as he pulled his black sleeves back.

"It's nothing. You know I couldn't let you not celebrate. You've never wanted anyone or anything as badly as you wanted her. A celebration is mandatory."

Tobias nodded, sipping the champagne.

"The single act of bringing her sister here is bigger than any celebration, hermano. Gracias."

Alvaro gave the most stupid toothy grin. "You've saved my life multiple times. This is nothing."

As they spoke, Rebecca approached him, glass in her hand as well and kissing him on both his cheeks.

"If it isn't the newest husband!"

She and Varo laughed at the description while Tobias frowned. She grabbed his free hand to look at the new ring that wasn't the family heirloom.

"Oh my god, this band is beautiful. First time I'm seeing you wear gold and it suits you!" she complimented and he suddenly felt flustered, taking back his hand.

"Thank you, sister."

"Don't feel shy now. I'm happy for you. Never thought you would find love more or less, have children and then get married. I'm shocked even," she exclaimed, snickering. "And where's your wife? I need to tell her the white jumpsuit she's wearing is fucking gorgeous."

"She left a while ago with her sister," he answered and Rebecca gasped.

"Which of them? The one with the big cultural wedding?"

"That one."

Rebecca looked around. "I've got to see her. Where did they go?"

"Towards the gate, I think."

Just as she left, more people approached Tobias, congratulating him and sharing their well wishes. He replied to them very politely, failing to notice Varo had slipped him another glass.

"Tobias, congrats," Jacinto said, his wife on his arm. "And it's about time!"

~~~

As soon as he was less engaged, he slipped away in search of Eniola, his eyes combing the busy lot for her.

A small hand tugged at him when he saw her and he didn't need to turn to know who it was as he swept her into his arms.

"Hey, Princess," Tobias said warmly, kissing her cheek. "Why aren't you with Uncle Luca?"

She pouted. "I sneaked away. Lulu is boring and Yin and Mu and Andy don't want to play with me."

He smiled and used another hand to pat her cheek. There was no use telling her the impromptu party was not play-oriented. She wouldn't understand.

"It's okay. I'll play with you," he said as he looked around. "I just need to find mommy...!"

He saw her with the very dreadhead that had taken a lot of maturity from him to remain civil with.

Vittore had seen him first as he lightly bowed his head. "Capo, congratulations."

"Thank you, Lothario."

The dark man smiled. "Most welcome." He leaned into kiss Eniola's cheek before stepping away. "If you would excuse me, I need to find my partner. He never stays in one place."

Eniola laughed but nodded, giving him a quick hug.

"I'll see you around, Vittore."

"Of course, Enny. Hello, Princess." His greeting to Tomiwa was brief and then he was gone while Tobias pouted.

"I still don't like him," he muttered, barely reacting as Tomiwa nudged his cheek.

"But I do, baby," she interjected, giggling when her daughter made grabbing gestures towards her.

Tobias let her carry her.

"Yes, that's why I tolerate him."

She stepped forward to kiss him. "And that's why I love you, very much."

His glare dulled as he kissed back, ignoring the fake gagging from Tomiwa.

"I love you a lot more, beautiful," he said then noticed a box in her hand. "What's that?"

She also looked at it. "Oh... Vittore gave it to me. Says it's a wedding present. I don't want to open it until later."

Tobias nodded, hiding his curiosity.

He was going to throw it out if it ended up being too intimate. He didn't care if the man was gay.

Eniola looked ahead for a second. "I need a drink."

He held out his empty glass.

"I got a headstart then."

"Baby, you've only had a glass and you're already letting your jealousy show."

Tobias laughed. "I'm not jealous. I would just prefer if you never talked to Vittore or any other man again."

"That's not very healthy."

"I know," he replied with a grin before Rebecca walked up to them.

"Why are you guys here? Varo is making a toast and he's spilling a lot of tea!" she said, reaching out to take Tomiwa who loved to have everyone's attention. "Oh, our princess is so pretty!"

Tobias was curious and so was Eniola and soon they were back at the clearing as Varo leaned against a piano with a glass in his hand and a microphone in the other.

"There they are..."

Tobias quickly noticed the children and Luca weren't at the table as they slipped into theirs.

"So as I was saying— no, give them drinks. Especially Gato. Give him an entire bottle. I know you don't drink much but today is going to be different. We're getting you drunk!" he exclaimed and Eniola surprisingly cheered along as they were handed glasses of wine.

Tobias laughed but took a sip, resting his elbow on the table.

"Back to my speech. Again. I've known this guy for like thirty years now and the past decade is the happiest I've seen him. He's always been the work, work, work, stick to schedule type and I never really got to know him, you know?" Alvaro said. "Like I didn't know until five years ago that he loved football and he would go through fire for Ronaldo or that he liked to buy and talk about cars like an absolute dweeb. All I knew him as was the guy that was either home on his computer or at the office; also on his computer.

"But things changed, you know? Gillian here— I guess I should start calling you by your name now? Or would you prefer an honorific, donña?"

Eniola waved him away. "I don't mind, Varo."

"Awesome. Eniola here, crashed into his world with an unending criminal record, a sharp mouth and the kind of anger issues that originate exclusively from short people."

He got a few laughs from that and Tobias even chuckled, his hands concealing his smile while Eniola narrowed her eyes.

"It didn't take much to realize they would be perfect for each other. He needed someone to pull him out of what he perceived as a comfort zone and I think Eniola needed someone to redefine hers. They needed each other. It's that two sides of the same coin type of shit. I'm just happy as fuck that you guys found each other and didn't let go when it seemed like things weren't going too well.

"And I fucking love the both of you so don't you ever be sad. And while y'all fight— I mean it's Eniola, we're talking about here. You can't not fight— settle the conflict and then come back even stronger. You've been doing this for ten years already. Here's to an eternity together."

Alvaro raised his glass and they all joined, clapping and hooting while Tobias just smiled. His grin got even wider when Eniola suddenly kissed his cheek.

He really was lucky.

~~~

Next chapter is going to be in an interview format because there are a lot of things I'd like to explain before we wrap up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 275 26
The strong pull to her. The desire to have something you never thought you would want again. A glance turned into an obsession. And he would stop at...
322K 6.5K 45
A lot can happen in the span of five months. But will she allow her feelings and emotions to change? For him? [Editing] Copyright © 2022 secretlyyxur...
11.4K 627 47
He worshiped the ground she walked on, he would lay down his life for her and their children, He is the King, she is His treasure. They promised each...
6.4M 263K 80
'Sometimes the DARKNESS you fear IS the LIGHT you seek' //MATURE CONTENT// A MAFIA ROMANCE Ranked: #1 bwwm #1 polyamory #1 bisexual #1 wmbw #1 blac...