Hidden Skeletons

By lovelytingzxx

Hitman- / 'hit.mæn/ • a person who is paid to kill someone, especially for a criminal or politic... More

| Intro |
00
01
02
03
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13

04

208 6 3
By lovelytingzxx

Charming, California 2008

Angelise slid on her stiletto boots when she heard a ping noise come from her laptop resting on the coffee table. It had been a week since she posted the message and it seemed someone finally responded.

Exiting her bedroom, she entered the living room and sat on the couch before opening the computer. Clicking on the little notification, it directed her to the message board website and there was a response to her post.

'The comings of our nightmares often tell us our biggest fears.
To either face them or run in the other direction is the mystery we stop to question.
Though whichever one you choose to believe, you're still the one who controls your decisions.'

                    -Liam John H. Flemming.

Understanding the message, she let out a sigh while brushing her fingers through her hair. Suddenly, her pre pay rang and Gemma's name popped up.

Pressing the answer button, she placed the phone against her ear. "Hey Gem."

"Hey baby," she replied. "Can you stop by TM? I have some boxes I need help bringing over to the house."

"Yeah," she said as she stood up from the couch and grabbed her keys from the counter. "I'm on my way now."

Hanging up, she left the house and got into the Impala.

Down at the garage, Jax and Bobby were in the lot on the their bikes, getting ready to leave for Nevada. A black Cutlass pulled into the lot and a soft hand stuck out of the window to grab his attention.

Turning to Bobby, he nodded his head. "Give me a minute."

"Yeah, I'll find you." he responded before revving his bike and riding out of the lot.

Walking over to the car, the door opened to reveal Tara.

"Hey," he greeted. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah," she nodded her head. "I was hoping you could help with the Cutlass, it's in pretty sad shape."

Taking a look at the car, he realized it was her dad's and suggested he'd have one of the guys take a look at it.

As he was talking to Tara, Angelise pulled into the lot. Stopping behind the car, an amused expression spread across her face as she saw Tara trying to discreetly press up on Jax.

Parking the car, she got out and walked up to the two, managing to catch the last few words in the conversation.

"If anything comes up with the baby, who should I call?" Tara asked.

"How 'bout me?" Angelise answered, catching their attention. "You know, his mother."

Jax let his eyes roam his wife's figure as she stopped next to them. Wearing a black long sleeve fitted mid shirt with skin tight distressed jeans and her stiletto black boots. She looked good, like she didn't just have a baby and Jax bit his lip to stop himself from having his way with her.

"Hi," she stuck her hand out toward Tara. "We haven't been properly introduced, I'm Angel."

Tara hesitated before shaking her hand. "Tara."

On the other side of the lot, Gemma stood with her arms crossed, watching the trio with a smirk on her face.

"Well I'm glad to meet the doctor who's helping take care of our son," Angelise smiled sweetly. "If you need anything, just let me know and I'll tell him."

Nodding her head, Tara excused herself to let Lowell know about her car. The married couple's gaze followed her and Angelise let out a scoff.

"Your girlfriend seems nice." she teased.

Jax gave her a look. "She's not my girlfriend."

"Mhm." she said before directing her eyes toward him.

"I was about to call you," Jax told her. "I'm gonna be heading out for a few days with Bobby."

"Where?" she asked.

"Nevada," he sighed. "Gonna head over to Jury's and see if he can storage a few of our gun supplies, possibly do a patch over."

Angelise let out a snort. "Oh yeah, Jury's gonna love that idea."

Jax let out a laugh, knowing she was right. He let his gaze settle on her which made her tilt her head. "What?"

Jax gestured to his bike. "Wanna come?"

"To Nevada?" she shook her head. "Bad things happen when we go to Nevada together."

"I wouldn't say that," he shrugged. "We met in Nevada, got married, made Abel."

"Exactly, bad things," she emphasized. "Except Abel."

Jax moved closer toward her and they stood chest to chest. "Seemed like good things to me."

Angelise playfully rolled her eyes. "Those baby blues don't work on me Teller... anymore."

He flashed her a big smile before his pre pay rang, showing it was Bobby calling him.

"I gotta go," he told her. "I'll call you when I get there."

"Okay," she nodded. "Be careful."

Looking over his shoulder, she noticed Tara staring intently at them and decided to stick it to the good doctor.

Gently grabbing him by his kutte, she gave him a deep kiss. Jax quickly responded and let out a groan as she nipped his bottom lip. Tara felt the top of her lip sneer as she watched the two.

Breaking the kiss, she kissed the tip of his nose and backed away.

"Have fun." she smiled before walking around him heading toward Gemma, who wore a proud look on her face.

"Staking your claim?" she asked as Angelise approached her.

She shrugged. "Just wanted to remind the good doctor where her place is."

Gemma laughed before showing her the boxes she needed her to grab. Jax revved his bike before pulling out of the lot.

Carrying a few of the boxes toward the Impala, Angelise noticed a maroon sedan parked across the lot. Getting in the car, she watched through the rear view mirror as the man sitting inside put down his binoculars and drove off.

Making a mental memory of the stranger, she pulled out of the lot and made her way back to the house.

A few hours later, down in Nevada, Jax and Bobby arrived in Indian Hills with a petite blonde stowaway and were greeted by Jury as they pulled up to the Devil's Tribe.

"Jackson Teller!" he shouted before bringing him in for a hug.

Jax patted him on the back. "Uncle Jury!"

Letting go of Jax, Jury turned to greet Bobby before leading the two men inside.

"M.C. royalty in the house folks!" Jury announced as the small group walked in.

Everyone greeted them with smiles and pats on the back before Jury hooked Bobby up with a hang around that caught his attention.

Jax chuckled deeply as he watched Bobby be pulled away, wearing a big smile on his face before following Jury to the bar.

"That your old lady?" Jury asked as he gestured over to the blonde trailing behind them.

Jax smirked before shaking his head. "Nah, I picked her up at the border, just a little doe in the headlights."

Nodding his head in understanding, Jury called over one of his girls, Cherry, to help show the blonde around.

Once the girls were gone, Jury turned back toward Jax. "So, that mean you and Angel done?"

Jax slightly raised one of his eyebrows while keeping that smirk on his face. Jury let out a laugh while shaking his head.

"She'll kill you if you keep refusing to sign those papers." Jury reminded him.

He shrugged. "She'd still be my wife."

Jax knew he was wrong for delaying the divorce process but he didn't care. If it meant that he could keep Angelise as more than just the mother of his son, then he would do it, no matter how selfish that sounded.

The conversation became serious as they started to talk business. The Devil's Tribe have invested in a few places along the strip of Nevada and the Mayans are looking for a cut which has put Jury and his boys in a wedge since there's lack of protection.

"So how are we gonna handle the Mayans?" Jury questioned.

"We're hoping actually, maybe you can help us out with a problem." he negotiated. "Got a garage full of AK-47s, need a place to assemble and store 'em till we find a buyer, it's a temporary thing."

Jury took a moment to process Jax's words before nodding his head. "Got a strip club out on 95, huge basement, private." he paused. "And I might know someone who might be an interested buyer."

Jax furrowed his eyebrows. "Who?"

"A guy up in the Mid West," Jury explained. "Met him about two months ago, pretty straightforward, he and his guys have been looking for gun suppliers so if you're looking, just let me know and I'll give you his info."

Jax took a sip of his beer while nodding his head, taking his words into consideration. Taking a breath, he gave Jury an uncertain look.

"There's one more thing," Jax prepared. "It's about the future of the Tribe."

It didn't take Jury long to understand what Jax was trying to say. "Jesus Jax," he tiredly sighed. "Patch over?"

"It's time Jury," he expressed. "This whole area is blowing up, we don't patch you over, Mayans will run right through you."

After a few minutes, Jury reluctantly agreed to the patch over and shook hands with Jax before Jax headed outside to call Clay.

Back in Charming, it was soon nighttime. Angelise sighed as she entered the house. She had been down a St. Thomas with Abel all day and was growing anxious with anticipation as the weeks piled on.

Removing her stiletto boots, she carried herself over to the couch and plopped on the middle cushion. Letting out a content sigh, she relished in the peacefulness before her pre pay started to blare throughout the house.

An irritated groan escaped her lips before she pulled the phone out of her back pocket and saw Jax's name.

"You know," she snapped as she answered the phone. "You're a pain in the ass."

"Whoa darlin'," he let out a soft chuckle. "Rough day?"

Angelise rubbed her fingers against her temple while letting out a deep breath."I'm sorry, I just got back from the hospital and I'm just feeling anxious."

On the other side of the phone, Jax straightened himself in his seat. "Do you need me to come back home?"

"No," she reassured him. "I'm just being stupid, don't worry... Anyway, how's Jury? Did he say anything about the patch over?"

The two spoke for a while as Jax gave her a breakdown of his day minus the blonde he picked up on the way.

Jax secretly loved his conversations with Angelise, she listened intently and gave feedback when asked, she also wasn't afraid to put him in his place but still showed him support which was another reason he didn't want to let her go.

Just as Jax was telling her about the other members of the club riding out to Indian Hills, her phone beeped.

Pulling the phone from her ear, she saw an unfamiliar number. Placing the phone back, she tried to sound as neutral as possible.

"Hey Jax, your mom is calling me, probably wants to check in on me too, like mother like son,"
she joked. "I'll call you tomorrow, okay?"

He laughed. "Alright darlin', I'll see you tomorrow, goodnight."

Hanging up the phone, she stared at the pre pay again before snapping her head toward the side door as a soft knock echoed.

Grabbing the handgun she had secretly tucked into the crevice of the coffee table, she pulled the safety off before quietly walking toward the kitchen.

Leaning against the wall, she slowly lifted her hand to unlock the bottom lock before whipping the door open and pointing the gun at the person, who was revealed to be LJ.

"C'mon Angel, is that anyway to greet an old friend?" he asked before laughing as she let out a huff and lowered the gun before walking inside.

"Maybe if you did creep in doorways like a stalker," she emphasized. "I wouldn't have pointed a gun in your face."

LJ playfully rolled his eyes before closing the side door and locking it. Putting the safety back on, she placed the gun on the kitchen table before turning toward her long time friend.

LJ flashed her a smile before opening his arms. "C'mon."

Angelise wasted no time in wrapping her arms around his torso as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders. The last time they saw each other was over a year ago.

"You grew your hair and beard," she mumbled against his shirt before pulling away. "It looks good."

He shrugged his shoulders. "Needed a new look."

Playfully rolling her eyes, she gestured for him to follow her toward the living room and the duo sat down on the couch.

"So what happened?" he asked. "I'm sorry it took me long to respond, I left Ted in Oregon before heading back to Oakland."

She let out a sigh as she ran her fingers through her hair before telling him everything. From getting pregnant, to getting attacked and the anonymous picture and killing the carny creep last week.

"Shit," LJ shook his head. "Angel—"

"I know," she cut him off. "I messed up and I should've left it alone but I saw that familiar look in her face when I spoke to her and completely lost myself, I just wanted to help her."

"It's still too risky," he reprimanded. "And I'm sure your husband isn't too keen on you exposing yourself like that."

Angelise pursed her lips while avoiding LJ's stare and he immediately picked up on her behavior.

"He doesn't know about this does he?" he scoffed. "Angel, what the fuck are you doing?"

Angelise felt herself grow angry at her friend's words. Not because he was being a dick but because he was right. She was being careless and keeping Jax in the dark will only hurt the ones she loved most, including him and their son.

"You're right," she sighed. "I need to tell him everything but first I need to find out how Ace found me and I need your help LJ."

LJ looked at his friend and felt his heart beat rapidly as he stared into her beautiful green eyes. Knowing he couldn't say no, he nodded his head.

"Alright," he told her. "I'll look into it and see what I can find, do you have the picture?"

Getting up from the couch, she headed toward her room. A few minutes later, she came back and handed him the manila folder.

Pulling out the photo, LJ huffed in frustration as he saw the small writing in corner while Angelise was laid unconscious.

"We're gonna stop him Angel." he reassured her.

Nodding her head, she let out a sigh. "I'm gonna try and get some sleep, you want the guest room?"

"Yeah." he responded before following her down the hallway.

The next day, Jax was on his way back to the Tribe from going on a morning ride. Passing by a small bar, he noticed a few Mayan bikes lined up. Pulling in, he left his bike running as he pulled out his pre pay to call Clay.

The phone picked up in one ring. "Where the hell are you?"

"Yeah, looks like Jury's gonna have some backup when the Mayan shit goes down." Jax told him.

"What are you talking about?" Clay asked.

"I'm on my way back," he warned. "And I'm not alone."

Hanging up the phone, Jax knocked over a few of the bikes before hopping back on his. Revving the engine, Jax waited until a few of them ran outside and took off.

A few minutes later, a pack of Mayans piled together as they chased Jax down. Arriving at the Tribe, Jax rode his bike inside. The Mayans parked their bikes and immediately start shooting up the building not realizing that the Sons set them up perfectly before coming out and engaging in a full blown shoot out.

Knowing they're outnumbered, the Mayans take off and the Sons look at each other knowing this won't be the last time they see them.

After everything died down, the sheriff showed up to take a few statements. Once they were done, Jury walked over to Jax and Clay, who were sitting by the bar.

"So what happens now?" he asked them. "I'm probably gonna lose a couple more guys 'cause of this."

"Well, there won't be another hit for a while," Clay stated. "That uh- that pop off was just about dick size, they want to let us know they're watching."

Jax looked over to Jury. "Vegas'll stick around for a while."

Jury nodded his head in appreciation and patted them on the back before walking away. Turning around, he pointed his finger at Jax.

"You tell Angel, next time you come, I wanna see her." he told him before turning back around.

Jax let out a chuckle as he got up from his seat. "Speaking of Angel, I want to go back, check on her and the kid, I'll ride back with Happy and his guys."

Clay nodded his head and Jax walked out of the club.

It was close to evening time as Angelise sat parked in the parking lot of St. Thomas with LJ.

She looked to her left. "How long are you planning to stay?"

"I'm gonna head out after this," he expressed. "My stuff is back in Oakland but I'll be back when I get the information we need."

She flashed him an appreciative smile. "Thank you for coming and helping me with this."

He playfully rolled his eyes. "Like I'd ever leave you hanging, you know I got your back."

Holding his hand up, she met his hand and they clasp together before separating. Climbing out of the car, she bent down to look through the window.

"Maybe next time, I can introduce you to Abel." she told him.

A soft smile spread across his face. "I can't wait."

Tapping the top of the hood, Angelise took a step back as LJ pulled off. Letting a breath go through her nose, she headed inside the hospital.

About an hour later, Jax arrived on the ICU floor. Down the hall, he spotted Angelise by the vending machine and walked toward her.

Feeling a tap on her shoulder, she turned around and saw Jax smiling down at her. "Hey."

"Hey," she responded. "I just came to grab a snack, your mom's in there."

He playfully rolled his eyes. "Where else would she be?"

She let out a laugh and let her eyes discreetly scan his body for any injuries before looking him in the face. "How was Nevada?"

He opened his kutte to give her a view while wearing his signature smirk. "Uneventful."

"Yeah sure." she responded sarcastically and Jax chuckled before placing a kiss on her cheek and entered the room.

Shaking her head at his behavior, she grabbed the bag of chips and stood by the window watching Jax interact with their son. A small smile graced her face as she watched them.

Moments like this made her forget about the storm that was coming for her and her family. Deep in her thoughts, she hadn't noticed the person walking toward her.

Feeling a presence next to her, she turned to see Tara watching Jax through the window.

"He's a good father isn't he?" Tara asked before turning her attention toward Angelise.

She nodded her head. "Yeah, he is."

Pulling an envelope from her clipboard, she handed over to Angelise.

"I think you should know what your husband does when you're not with him." Tara told her with fake sincerity.

Raising one of her eyebrows, Angelise opened the envelope and pulled, what she realized was a photo, out and it showed Jax in a very compromising position with a leggy blonde and was time stamped at the bottom.

She let out a snort before looking back at Tara. "Is this supposed to make you feel better? You showing me a sweetbutt Jax decided to roll around with?"

Tara seemed surprised by her reaction and was startled as Angelise forcefully shoved the picture into her chest.

Leaning in slightly, Angelise gave her a sneer. "Watch yourself doc, you have no idea who you're messing with."

Moving away from her, Angelise flashed her a sweet smile before entering the room, leaving Tara standing there dumbfounded and annoyed that Angelise left her speechless.

...

That's Chapter 4!

Our boy LJ has made a reappearance! He's honestly bae and deserves the world.

We see the little bit of the dynamic between Jax and Angel, their chemistry is through the roof!

Y'all wondering who that mysterious contact Jury suggested? Cause boy are we in for it.

Tara is clearly threatened by Angel and we're starting to see some of her jealousy show and trust me, this is just the beginning.

I hope you guys like the chapter! Let me know what you think.

See you soon!

*Please comment and vote! :)*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.2K 5.2K 39
Zoe Narah Garcia, with a tough family situation and a rocky relationship about to shatter, she decides it's time to take a break and enjoy herself. J...
146K 2.8K 28
Libby Parker is running from her past. Granted, she's only seventeen ( almost eighteen) While she's running, she runs smack dab right into Charming...
74.2K 1.9K 15
Cora Myers thought she knew what the world was about, her confined life inside a strict religious family made her think that the world was like she w...
95.2K 3K 23
❝ 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓.❞ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ 𝑇𝑎𝑡𝑢𝑚 𝐽𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝑙𝑒𝑓𝑡 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑚𝑖𝑚𝑔 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑠ℎ𝑒 �...