Bangtan Island

By DaunyelS80

When Nicole Ryan replies to contest that is being held by HYBE, she is stunned to learn that she had been cho... More

Main Characters - BTS
Bangtan Island Contestants
Contestants Plus Ones
Prologue
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Epilogue

Chapter One

9 1 0
By DaunyelS80

Wherever my travels may lead, paradise is where I am. - Voltaire

I was sitting on my computer, slaving away at my newest novel that I was going to post on Wattpad. Every little single detail had been planned out and wrote out as I was going to make this the best story I had ever written. From love and lust to hatred and betrayal, this story would make me noticeable amongst the other writers, I was sure of it.

I completed the very last chapter, happy that the story was finally done after months of blood, sweat and tears just trying to get it written. It was a story that I was proud of, I was sure of it. As I posted the very last chapter on Wattpad, I closed out of my programs and turned off my computer before moving to lie in my bed. I was tired at it was past midnight and I had an early morning doctor's appointment with the radiologist. As I closed my eyes, I drifted off to sleep, praying that tomorrow's appointment would go well.

It was the next morning as I rolled out of bed, the sun was shining, and it was warm out. I turned on my computer and waited for it to load before heading to the bathroom to freshen up and change. I came back out and took a seat at my computer and opened up my email account, scanning through the various spam emails and some emails from friends and family before one caught my eye. I opened the email and stared at the words:

Welcome to Bangtan Island contestants!

Bangtan Island is where everything is BTS every day!

Come along on this journey of love, hate and deceit as you learn what it truly means to be an ARMY.

In the end will you be the one to love or hate, watch and see!

Bangtan out!

My eyes widened. When in the world had I applied for a contest? I racked my brain thinking of the hundreds of emails I had applied to, not once remembering any about a Bangtan Island.

"What type of joke is this?" I asked myself as I read the letter in its entirety.

They had all my information and when I read who had replied, I was stunned to see that it was none other than my best friend of over 20 years Lindsay Jayne or Lady as I called her. I grabbed my cell phone and pulled up my messenger account as she would only answer calls from her messenger. I let it ring a few times and she finally answered.

"What's up?" she asked as she lied in bed with her two kittens Ninja and Ronin.

"Did you submit my name for a contest?" I asked.

"I did actually. I saw it on Facebook and checked it out. Did you get a reply?"

"I won. I am one of the contestants." I tell her and she squeals, causing her cats to jump off of her.

"That is amazing! Did you get any details yet?"

I scanned the email on the computer as I talked to her on the phone.

"I did actually. I have to sign a NDA and some paperwork before I can be told all of the information, but from it says, me and 1 friend are invited to join BTS for a month on a luxurious island in the Bahamas for a reality show they are filming. It's a show based on BTS and ARMY."

"That sounds like fun. I wonder what kind of things will be done there." She asks.

"Games, interviews, eating." The things they do on their other shows actually, just this time with ARMY. Besides, you're coming with me since you submitted my name, and I will not take no for an answer."

"I was hoping you would ask me. I would so love to meet Tae, ya know?" she says as she drifts off some.

The girl is obsessed over the man. I mean she calls him her husband for goodness sakes!

"Who else would I be able to take?" I ask. "My sister hates them, and I have no close friends that are interested in them."

"True. But will the other contestants find it weird that you've only been an ARMY since 2020 and me since 2023 when you began getting me into Tae?" she asks.

"No one should care. As long as you treat them all with respect, I don't see anything wrong. And if anyone has an issue, they can talk to me. I found them when I was supposed to, when I needed them the most. That's all that matters."

"True. I like some of their songs, I am still learning a lot on them too. This trip will help me learn more about them."

"It will. You will finally be able to name all of them!" I joke and she sticks her tongue out at me.

"I'm sorry I get Jin and Hobi mixed up! At least I know their names, somewhat."

"But do you know their legal names, stage names?" I ask and I earn a glare.

"Let's not push it, huh? I am still learning."

I roll my eyes, "You've been learning forever." I groan.

"I am not obsessed like you are." She points out.

"I am not obsessed. You don't see me stalking them. Just because I know some details on them, does not mean I am obsessed." I say grouchily.

"Your room would say otherwise. Have you seen all your BTS memorabilia?"

So, what if my room was covered in BTS things. It made me happy and that's all that mattered.

"So, I bought a lot. Not like they will ever see my room." I tell her as I cross my arms.

"True. Just don't wear any of your BTS clothing then to the island and you will be safe."

"How can I do that when my luggage is BTS themed?" I asked.

"Get new luggage?"

I shake my head, "I don't have the time or money to get new luggage. I bet some of the others will have things similar, so it won't be that bad."

"You hope so." She says, "Besides, what will you pack?"

"All my summer clothing that is not too flashy. They are modest people, so I am going to bring my more modest apparel with me. I do have a few bathing suits that cover my stomach as well. I don't want to scare the poor guys."

"Are they that afraid of girls?" she asks.

"I don't know, but I want to be respectful, ya know?"

"Yeah, I do. Will summer dresses and shorts be acceptable?" she asks.

"As long as it is not all black. You will burn in the sunlight."

"Ew! Sunlight, that is my arch nemesis I tell you." She retorts.

"You are so going to complain about the sun and heat, aren't you?"

She nods and shows me her shit-eating grin. "I am going to annoy you so badly."

"Go prepare to pack. I have to talk to my job about getting a month off and pay all my bills in advance. I need to talk to my parents to look over the apartment while I am gone too."

"I actually have to do the same thing, so I will talk to you later." She says and hangs up.

I dialed my boss's number after I hung up and waited until she picked up.

"Hello Nicole, what can I do for you on your day off?"

"Hey Janine, I was wondering if I could take the month of June off. I know I was going to do it in July, but I will just take my birthday week off instead if I can."

"I don't see why not. Any reason why you are changing plans?" she asks.

"A friend of mine asked if I could join her in Florida and I said yes, forgetting that I needed to ask work first." I laugh, knowing I was lying a bit to her.

"That is fine. Go enjoy Florida, take some pictures for me and I will see you when you get back after your birthday." She tells me and I hang up.

That is one thing off my list as I began going into my accounts and began paying my bills up to mid-July. I also put all my cable programs on hold starting June 1st as I would not need them while away as I planned on having as much fun as I could without watching the television. The last thing was calling up my dad. I dialed his number and listen to the phone ring, and he answered on the second ring.

"Hey kiddo, what's up?" he asks.

"I got a favor to ask dad."

"Yes?"

"I am going away for the month of June on this trip to Florida with Lady. Would you or mom mind watching the apartment for me?" I asked.

"Of course we can. You needed a vacation anyways. When was the last time you took time off from work?" he asked.

"I don't even remember." I tell him.

"Then go and enjoy some time off and tell Lady we say hello." He says before wishing me goodbye and hanging up.

I sighed as I looked to the calendar. I had two weeks to pack my things before I knew when and where I would be meeting the others at.

My email dinged and I found that HYBE had emailed me back more information on the trip, including my plane reservations and meeting place of the others. I would have to let Lady know that she would either have to fly up here to Pennsylvania and fly down with me or just fly down and meet me. I would have to let them know soon.

I open my text message and sent her a text.

Cole

Are you coming up here and flying down with me?

Lady

Can I just meet you wherever? If that is okay.

Cole

I just have to let them know. I have the tickets, but they are from out of Allentown.

Lady

Get mine to come out of Piedmont Triad International in Greensboro if you can.

Cole

Will do.

I emailed them back and asked if one of my tickets could be exchanged for one out of the Piedmont Triad International Airport out of Greensboro, North Carolina and they were happy to do so. I explained that she lived in another state from me and that it would be easier and closer for her to fly to our meeting point at the Orlando International Airport. Once that was fixed, I sent her a message and an attachment of the ticket to her before putting my phone down.

All too soon the day for us to leave was coming and I had much to do. I was ecstatic but I was also scared as this was the first time I was travelling alone in a long time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520 42 20
Siena and Nia are two girls who are huge BTS fans. They each have a boyfriend and they all live together. One day, they both hear about a contest hel...
4.9K 233 19
Yoongi was a introvert he liked being alone and away from people. Moon Byul-yi was the same way. They were both idols and had strict rules. One day B...
780K 30.2K 51
Although Jungkook and Jimin aren't mates, they made a promise to stay together regardless of any complicated obstacles that could come along the way...
46.2K 2.6K 59
Three friends in college lose a game against their other friend Hoseok. Now, Seokjin, Jimin and Taehyung have to go to a club crossdressed as women...