Angel Blue

margotsbean tarafından

Devon Moore is a top-level show-jumping competitor. Reneé Rapp is a successful singer and an actress. They ha... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 2

129 16 8
margotsbean tarafından

I woke up with a giddy feeling and a massive hangover. Jessica had gone home with whatever guy she was dancing with, so I parted ways with Reneé and took an Uber home. I groaned and rolled over, tapping my phone with my right hand; great, dead. I must have forgotten to plug it in last night. I clumsily shoved it on the charger and got out of bed. I had no idea what time it was, but I knew my dad was going to be pissed. I stumbled into the shower and washed everything but my hair; there was no point if I was just heading straight to the barn. I pulled on navy riding pants, a white top, and a sweatshirt and went to check my phone. I had two missed text messages, one from my dad saying I was late and another from an unknown number.

Morning gorgeous

It couldn't possibly be Reneé, could it?

Who is this?

I shoved my phone in my tote bag and rushed out the door to the nearest subway station. I was so late, my dad was going to kill me. Blu awaited me by the gate when I got to the barn. I immediately felt a bit better upon seeing him. I smiled and lifted the halter over his ears, he was such a sweet boy. I sighed, looking down at the lower half of his body; he was gray so of course he was caked in mud. Immediately getting to work on his legs, my dad walked in.

"Had a lot of fun last night, I see?" He smiled at me.

"Actually, I didn't expect to like it, but Jessica and I got invited to an after-party."

I check my phone one more time before my ride.

You know who this is baby, unless I didn't make the impression I thought I did last night...

Oh, hi Reneé... I contemplated for a moment; you made quite the impression last night.

God, she was so hot and so sweet. I snapped a quick picture of Blu making a silly face in the crossties and led him to the indoor arena. I warmed him up, not paying much attention at all. I couldn't stop thinking about how much I wanted to see the blonde again. Hopefully, she will still be in New York for a while. My dad took it easy on me, just a short jump course and some flat work. Blu needed his rest after our hard ride yesterday, but I knew I had to get on Aurora next. I put Blu back in his field and grabbed Aurora, carefully walking her into the barn. She was the complete opposite of Blu, spicy and moody. I snapped a photo of her as she pinned her ears at me, trying to take a chunk out of my arm. I let her settle in the ties and picked up my phone.

I'm glad I made such an impression :) I'd love to see you again; what are you doing tonight? Her text was dated a few hours ago. I see you are busy.

I grinned from ear to ear, taking a screenshot and sending it to Jessica.

Nothing planned. I'm with the horses right now, but I'll be back in Brooklyn at 5

She responded immediately, Do you want to have a movie night? I'd love to take you out for real, but I'm still hungover, haha.

There was no way she asked me on a date; I didn't feel like traveling outside of Brooklyn after coming all the way from Long Island... I'd love to... we can hang out at my place? This pizza place down the street has the best garlic knots in the city. Hangover cure for sure

I held my breath while I waited for her to respond.

Sounds perfect, what time?

I looked at the time; it was just after 3pm. I'd ride Aurora for about an hour and then have to get back home and shower. 7:30?

Great, gives me time to shower... send me the address

I couldn't help but picture her in the shower. I groaned and put my phone away, mounting Aurora.

My dad did not take it easy on me this time; he designed a difficult course with direction changes, short strides, and big jumps. I cleared the course perfectly fine the first go around with minimal corrections besides 'go again.' The second time, I made it through the first three jumps, but on the fourth, Aurora refused, jackknifing to the right. I stayed on for the first buck following, thinking I was in the clear. The second was a surprise, sending me flying off to the side, landing on my side. I lay there for a moment as my dad rushed over to me. I went through the checklist in my brain, and everything felt fine.

"You okay, Devon?" My dad asked, checking me over.

"I'm okay; it'll just be a nasty bruise. Is Aurora okay?" I asked, watching her slowly come to a stop after taking herself for a few laps around the arena.

"She's fine. Do you think you can try the first half again?"

"Yes," The most crucial rule of horses is you always get back on.

Once I got home, I immediately hopped into the shower, letting the hot water relieve pain in my left side. Once I got out, I looked at the clock, and it was already seven. I threw my wet hair into a braid and went to my closet. I wanted something comfy so it didn't look like I tried too hard but cute enough that she thought I looked hot. I settled on Team USA sweats and a cropped tank top. As I slid the pants up my hip, I felt a sharp pain; I winced and looked down where a giant, angry, red-purple bruise was forming. A knock at my front door interrupted me from inspecting it in the mirror. Shit, she was here. I yanked up my pants and checked the peephole to the door. Reneé was wearing a matching sweatsuit and still looked absolutely stunning.

"Hi," I blushed, "come on in".

"Hi baby, you look nice," she said, checking out the exposed skin around my torso.

"Thanks; I don't know how you look even better than you did last night." I felt a moment of confidence.

I led her to the sofa, "can I get you something to drink?"

"Water would be great; it's hot out there."

We sat and investigated the menu of the pizza place down the street before deciding on a plain cheese pizza and garlic knots.

"Let's pick a movie now, I was thinking we could watch a comedy?" Reneé suggested.

We scrolled through various streaming services, "Oh my god, Pitch Perfect used to be my favorite!" I exclaimed.

"Damn right, I know all the words to all the songs. Plus, Becca is hot," she said casually, sipping her water.

I gave her a sly look, "Let's watch it then." Reneé nodded in agreement.

"Let's walk over and grab the food. Come with me?" I pouted.

"Only because you're making that cute face."

I blushed and threw on a sweatshirt as we exited my apartment, "I had a lot of fun dancing with you last night, Reneé."

"I very much enjoyed my time with you last night, baby," She brushed her hand against mine and made eye contact with me. "So, a horse girl, huh?"

I playfully rolled my eyes, "Yes, and I own that title."

I held open the door for her as we entered, "Hey Devon, how have you been!"

"Pretty good, George; how are the kids?" I asked, taking the two boxes from his hands.

"Great! Blake is about to start middle school; anyway, enjoy your night!"

We left, continuing our venture back home. I cannot believe that Reneé enjoyed our time together last night and wanted to see me again. She is so damn gorgeous and way out of my league.

"Dev," I turned to putty at that nickname.

"Yes," I smiled, "Nae?"

"Clever, anyways... are you ready to sing along to every song with me?" She giggled and pulled my empty hand up the stairs to my apartment.

We settled into the sofa, each with a piece of pizza and a couple of garlic knots. I asked her about her music and if she was releasing anything new anytime soon. She was reluctant to share too much information but hinted at an upcoming single and album. I'm not going to lie; I listened to her Everything to Everyone EP on my way to and from the barn today. I got up off the couch to put the pizza away,

"Let me help you," Reneé offered.

Before I could protest, I tripped over the coffee table leg. Reneé caught me around my torso, dragging me up to face her.

"Careful there; you wouldn't want to mess up that pretty face."

Her hands trailed down my sides, and my breath hitched until she hit my hips. I hissed in pain as her hand grazed over my bruise. Reneé's eyes shot up to meet mine in concern before bending over and moving the waistband of my pants down.

"Jesus, Dev, what happened here?" She asked, and I looked down; the bruise had worsened in the last two hours.

"Occupational hazard. I rode this crazy mare named Aurora today; let's just say she disagreed with the jump course my dad set up."

"How bad does it hurt?" She lightly grazed her thumb over it and looked up at me.

"Not too bad, I've had worse, but I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow," I blushed.

"Do you have pictures of your horses?"

I smiled and sat back down on the sofa. I've never met anyone who seems genuinely interested in my horses and sport. We sat with our shoulders touching on the couch as I swiped through a folder on my phone titled 'the horseeees.' I gave the occasional context or comment, like how Blu loved peppermints and would stick out his tongue if I had one. Reneé would smile and laugh, asking to see more. The last photo I swiped on was the only professional one in the batch; it was me a year ago in the Paris finals, jumping a clean six-foot vertical.

"Shit, Dev, I assumed that you were good, but that is insane." Reneé gaped.

I turned my phone off, sliding it on the coffee table, "Uh, thanks... I've been doing it a long time." I wasn't very good at taking compliments, "let's watch the movie," I deflected.

Reneé smiled and placed her hand on my thigh. The movie began to play through, but all I could focus on was her hand on my thigh and how warm it made me feel. God, she was so hot, and it seemed that she felt the same way about me. Her hand moved closer to my hip, and I looked at her. My breath caught, and I averted my eyes to the clock on the wall, 10:45, it was late. Reneé moved her body to face me and caught my eyes, leaning closer. I looked down at her lips; this was not happening. We inched closer, and I took a deep breath, about to close the gap, when my phone started blaring. My dad was calling; a call this late is never good.

I answered, "Something is wrong with Blu".

"I'm on my way."

_________________________________

Well, I hope everyone is enjoying! Please comment and like :)

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

21.3K 819 16
I was only meant to drive her around, I didn't know she'd drive me crazy. -RR-
6.7K 272 7
Inch a little closer... Reneé Rapp x Female OC Reneé Rapp x Val Werhman
1M 38K 90
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
766K 36.6K 40
✖ Book 2 of the "My Life" series✖ Steve and Tony are in love and they want to adopt. But what happens when they adopt a little boy from a broken fam...