I AM NOT ALIEN

By storiesbycyn

The border doesn't frighten Soledad. What frightens her is what stands on the other side. The politics of i... More

|I Am Soledad |
|The Wall Is My Worst Enemy|
|Life Changes|
|Social Media|
|Discrimination, My Reality|
|Accusations|
|Wrongful Accusations|
|The Use of "Migrant" in Headlines Make Heads Turn|
|Make America Great Again|
|Mexicans Are What Now?!|
|Victims?|
| DACA |
|A Racist on National TV |
|What Influences People's Thoughts|
| People Need To Use Thier Voice (Smartly)
| Guanajuato |
| Back to Reality|

|Children Are Victims Too|

2 0 0
By storiesbycyn

We live in Vidor, a predominately white city that makes up about 85% of the population. We, Hispanics, only make up about 10% of the population-which isn't much.

When I tell you that there are so many experiences that have changed the way I perceive the world, you won't even want to begin to walk in my shoes.

I've been spit at.
Cursed at.
Accused, wrongfully.
And even hit.

When we look at the media representation of people of color, the way that they word the headlines can be very powerful and emotionally striking. I believe that to be true because the number of people who have felt and gone through the same experiences as me, to this day, cannot change the way we look at the world.

You'd think that just because you're a literal CHILD people would show mercy on you.

To Be Continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
245K 17.8K 22
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...