😊 70's Get Out of the Grand...

By CNovel_Reader

70's Get Out of the Grand Courtyard (七零之走出大杂院) Author: The Queen is Not at Home   When Gu Shunhua realized th... More

Introduction
Chapter 1-10
Chapter 21-30
Chapter 31-40
Chapter 41-50
Chapter 51-60
Chapter 61-70
Chapter 71-80
Chapter 81-90
Chapter 91-100
Chapter 101-110
Chapter 111-120
Chapter 121-130
Chapter 131-138 (extra)

Chapter 11-20

1.7K 10 3
By CNovel_Reader

  Chapter 11 Angry at Su Jianping

  Su Jianping didn't taste it for a long time. When he understood it, he felt that this matter was terrible. The dignity and glory of all his superiors had been ruined by Dou Zhi'er and the official hut!

  He stared at Gu Shunhua blankly, and after a while he finally gritted his teeth and said, "No, I don't need to."

  Gu Shunhua: "Really? Then where are you going? Going out to do errands?"

  Su Jianping became uncomfortable and put his hands in his pockets anxiously: "I, I'm fine, just take a walk."

  Gu Shunhua: "Are you out for a walk?"

  Su Jianping nodded quickly: "Yes."

  Gu Shunhua smiled and looked at Su Jianping. Back then, everyone was in the same courtyard and it was hard to tell who was good or bad. At most, Su Jianping's clothes were fresher and he could drink milk every day.

  But things are different now. Su Jianping's power supply bureau is an oil and water unit, and his future is bright. Su Jianping is considered a promising child in their compound.

  It's just that in her eyes, there is still alienation in mind after all.

  She smiled like this, which made Su Jianping even more uncomfortable. At this moment, he heard footsteps coming from not far away, and he hurriedly looked up.

  It was an old man, with a hunched back, two hands behind his back, and a horse. He looked like he was playing chess in a group. He was breathing and walking towards the south in figure eight steps. He looked familiar, but he didn't recognize him. , probably somewhere else in an alley.

  Gu Shunhua clearly felt that Su Jianping's whole body seemed to be tense when he heard the noise, but after seeing the old man, the tension was instantly relieved.

  Gu Shunhua suddenly understood. He didn't want others to see him talking to him in private? Was he deliberately staring at himself, and when he saw her running out to go to the latrine, he stopped him and talked to him secretly. Is he actually hiding from people on purpose?

  If Gu Shunhua couldn't see through this trick before, then Gu Shunhua, who has read a whole book, can see it clearly now.

  Su Jianping is a very contradictory person. On the one hand, he is greedy for the youthful beauty of his youth, or he regrets that the two of them were not destined to be together at that time, so he can never forget it. But on the other hand, this person is very realistic.

  Gu Shunhua now has two children, and there is no guarantee that he will be able to obtain the household registration. Even if he does, it will be a big drag to support the two children. Su Jianping will not let go of the rabbit before he sees it. In addition, his mother Qiao Xiuya dislikes him very much and wants to give her to him. The superior leader of the supply and marketing cooperative didn't want him to marry his son, so Su Jianping had been hesitating.

  Regarding this, Gu Shunhua had only one thought: It belongs to your uncle!

  At the moment, my heart was cold, but my face was even more smiling: "Brother Jianping, then you take a stroll slowly, I'll go back first."

  Su Jianping finally seized such an opportunity. How could he let Gu Shunhua go back like this? After all, there were so many people in the courtyard that it was difficult to speak alone.

  He hurriedly said: "Shunhua, I have something to say to you."

  Gu Shunhua: "Brother Jianping, just say it."

  Su Jianping: "What are your plans for the future?"

  Gu Shunhua: "Plan? Of course, I'm going to get a hukou!"

  Su Jianping: "What happens after you get your hukou?"

  Gu Shunhua: "After registering, I have to chase after the Educated Youth Office and ask them to find a way to solve my work problem."

  Su Jianping: "You're going to get medical treatment, right?"

  Gu Shunhua: "Of course."

  Su Jianping felt very regretful: "That's it!"

  Gu Shunhua didn't bother to ask more, so he just waited for him to say.

  Su Jianping waited for a while, but Gu Shunhua didn't answer, so he said to himself: "You know, if you get medical leave, you will be deployed abnormally, and the treatment will be worse."

  Gu Shunhua has actually heard people say this, but what can be done? Everyone is sick and has to return to the city. Without medical treatment, there is no way to come back.

  She casually said: "The treatment is bad, but it's all about having food to eat."

  Su Jianping said: "Shunhua, you don't understand this. The distribution of work for the educated youth who go to the countryside and return to the city is a big problem. When your registered permanent residence is lost and your files are returned, you will have to wait for the distribution of work. You don't know in advance. How many unemployed young people are waiting. If there is a way, it would be great, and they can help you find connections to get a job. If there is no such way, you can only wait. Now many people cannot hold a formal job at all and can only work as temporary workers. The men work in construction units, while the women work as temporary workers at vegetable stands or sanitation workers, and they are paid 20 yuan a month and receive no other benefits."

  When Gu Shunhua heard this, he knew that Su Jianping was not holding anything back, so he asked deliberately: "Is that so? What should we do?"

  Su Jianping looked at Gu Shunhua and said seriously: "Shunhua, we grew up together. If I can help, I will definitely help you. I've been scanning everywhere these days. Just listen to me."

  Gu Shunhua: "Then I have to thank you in advance."

  Su Jianping looked at Gu Shunhua like this, thinking that she really listened to him, so he finally breathed a sigh of relief and said with a smile: "Whatever this is, it's all a trivial matter, but there is one thing I have to ask you first."

  Gu Shunhua: "Huh?"

  Su Jianping: "What are your two children planning to do?"

  Gu Shunhua: "What can I do...just do it like this."

  Su Jianping looked at Gu Shunhua with a look of confusion and helplessness, so he had no choice but to say: "Shunhua, I heard that your brother and sister-in-law are coming back from the countryside soon. They will have children in the family in the future, and they will definitely not be able to live in the house. Even if they can, The girl you married lives with her two children in her parents' home. Who would be willing to do that as time goes by? Besides, who will take care of your children when you are working? "

  Gu Shunhua blinked his eyes and said matter-of-factly: "I'll send my child to kindergarten."

  Su Jianping had a headache, thinking that after eight years of suffering in a remote place, why was he still so arrogant? No wonder they got divorced.

  But he felt sorry for her, so he still had the patience to explain: "There is no workplace welfare kindergarten, it costs more than ten yuan a month, and the kindergarten fee for two children will consume all your salary. How do you think you can live your life?"

  Gu Shunhua: "It makes sense."

  Su Jianping said seriously: "You are still young, you have to think about the future, right?"

  Gu Shunhua: "In the future?"

  Su Jianping: "You got divorced, but you never thought about getting married again? If you get married again, what's the point of bringing two oil bottles?"

  When Gu Shunhua heard this, he smiled and looked at him sideways: "What's wrong with you?"

  Su Jianping: "The child is young, and eating, drinking, and eating is all money!"

  Gu Shunhua: "What should we do? The child has been born, so we can't give up."

  Su Jianping: "It's not like the child doesn't have a father. There are two children, one for each of them! What's the point of raising two children alone if you are a woman?"

  Gu Shunhua: "What do you mean?"

  Su Jianping: "It's troublesome to register with two children. Give the children to their father first, and you will be left alone first. Later, when you get married, another one will come over -"

  Before he finished speaking, Gu Shunhua said directly: "Thank you so much!"

  Su Jianping was stunned and looked at Gu Shunhua in surprise.

  Gu Shunhua sneered: "Jianping, you went around in a lot of circles, but in the end you asked me to throw away the child. My child has become a burden? No matter how difficult it is for me to raise two children, I will eat your food or live in your house. As for the persuasion Am I doing such a heartless thing? Or are you following your mother's example and want me to go on a blind date with some supply and marketing cooperative boss? Are you the madams of the past or what, eager to sell me out? This is really unexpected. !"

  Su Jianping was stunned. He didn't expect Gu Shunhua to backhand him a big roast chicken nest. He quickly explained: "Shunhua, don't get me wrong, I don't mean that! I've already inquired, and our power supply bureau can allocate houses. I can get a house of more than 50 square meters. I will have a house soon. Shunhua, that is a building! After I go out, life will be better, but I am thinking of you--"

  Gu Shunhua raised his eyebrows and said in confusion: "Brother Jianping, it's a good thing that you live in a building, but what does it have to do with my child? Didn't you just ask me to throw the child to the father?"

  Su Jianping was helpless. His meaning was so obvious. Don't insist on taking the child with you. Even if you do, just take one, so that they can have another child after they get married!

  If you live in separate buildings, wouldn't it be nice to live together, rather than continuing to suffer in a large courtyard?

  Why is she so accepting of death and unable to understand good words?

  He could only say feebly: "I didn't mean that, I was just worried about you. Aren't I worried about you?"

  Gu Shunhua: "If you worry about me, will you harm my child?"

  Su Jianping was speechless and speechless.

  He went around in such a big circle, but he didn't expect that his words were in vain. Gu Shunhua couldn't listen at all, and instead got himself involved.

  Gu Shunhua smiled and said calmly: "Brother Jianping, I know you have good intentions, but good intentions can also do bad things, you know? We are in the same yard and grew up together. I respect you and call you brother, but if you are cruel, throw away the child." I don't dare to listen to you, and if you do such immoral things, I'm afraid I'll have children with no buttholes in the future."

  Su Jianping was already sweating profusely with anxiety. He didn't expect Gu Shunhua to have such a fierce temper and speak so harshly. She used to be a well-behaved little girl with a smile all the time, but now she's like this?

  But he was reluctant to offend Gu Shunhua, so he explained: "Shunhua, I said something wrong. You must not misunderstand."

  Gu Shunhua smiled: "How can this be possible? I know you mean what you say but don't mean it. For my own good, just don't say anything like this in the future."

  Su Jianping was still confused and could only nod his head.

  Gu Shunhua thought that he had shown such a trick, and he didn't believe that he would still care about him in the future.

  What is this called? The Bai Yueguang in the mind of the Director of the Power Supply Bureau, right? She never wanted to be this Bai Yueguang!

  Gu Shunhua turned around and walked home, leaving Su Jianping standing there blankly, looking at Gu Shunhua's back in the dusk.

  It's still the familiar figure from behind, but now she can choke people when she opens her mouth.

  It's really awesome.

  Who knew that when he turned around, he saw Chen Lu.

  Chen Lu lives in Bi'er's big house and often comes to their yard, so everyone is familiar with her.

  Chen Lu came over and greeted Su Jianping with a smile on her face. Then she asked casually, "Was my sister angry just now?"

  Chapter 12 Grandma Tong and her younger brother

  As soon as Su Jianping heard Chen Lu speak, a look of embarrassment suddenly appeared on his face. He raised his eyes to look at Chen Lu, his eyes narrowed with caution, but he said with a half-smile on his face: "Did you expect us to come over later?"

  Chen Lu looked innocent: "I just came here, and when I turned the corner, I saw my sister walking that way angrily. I thought what was going on, who provoked her, she is so angry!"

  Su Jianping was relieved.

  After all, he is a promising kid in the courtyard. Now that he has joined the power supply bureau, his identity will definitely be different from the other kids hanging around in the future. He has to pay attention to his face and dignity. He doesn't want Chen Lu to see the embarrassment he was scolded just now. .

  He quickly smiled and said, "Actually, it's nothing. When I asked her about divorce and raising children, she got embarrassed. I don't know what happened."

  When Chen Lu heard this, she sighed: "It's true that my sister has such a bad temper. She doesn't even look like my sister anymore. Putting aside my sister's temper before, she is not like this."

  Su Jianping nodded: "That's right, I didn't provoke her to mess with her!"

  Chen Lu smiled and said, "Do you think my sister is like a different person?"

  Su Jianping: "It's hard to say. She spent eight years in the Inner Mongolia Corps. Life there was very difficult and very tough."

  Chen Lu: "This is wrong. I went to see her just a while ago. At that time, her temper was not like this. Moreover, she had already said that she wanted to get a divorce. After the divorce, she would get her household registration back first. She didn't say at that time that she would bring her About the children coming back. Who would have known that that day, it was like being possessed by an evil spirit. I had already arrived home, turned around, ran back, and stubbornly brought the two children back. What do you think is wrong with this brain? "

  Su Jianping frowned and thought for a while: "Yes, what's going on?"

  Chen Lu sighed, looked at Su Jianping and said: "Actually, everyone has good intentions and tried to persuade her, but she didn't listen, so just wait and see. She will definitely not be able to get her household registration, and she doesn't know how to deal with it in the end! "

  After Su Jianping heard this, he felt something he couldn't express.

  Gu Shunhua was so annoyed with herself that she wanted to lose her two children's household registration. If the two children just couldn't be kept, what would she do? Would she send the children back?

  As soon as this idea entered his mind, he felt like he was possessed.

  Chen Lu watched with cold eyes, seeing through everything.

  She is not an ordinary girl from a courtyard in the capital, she has some background.

  She was an office worker living more than 20 years later. She accidentally met the chairman of the company in the elevator. The chairman smiled gently at her and asked her what department she was in. At that time, she was attracted to .

  The chairman is in his forties, older, but exudes the charm of a successful man.

  After that, she always secretly followed the chairman's news, collected his photos and videos on online media, and learned a lot about his past.

  She began to be jealous of the chairman's wife who appeared at the annual meeting, and began to feel that she and the chairman were not suitable. Without her, would she and the chairman have a romantic love?

  After that, she tried her best and finally got an opportunity to become a secretary in the chairman's secretary office. She thought she had a chance, but the reality was completely different from what she thought.

  The Secretariat is a department, and there are only seven or eight secretaries in it. It is really not her turn to develop a romantic encounter with the chairman, and later the chairman treats her like an ordinary person, without any preferential treatment or special treatment at all, even One time, the chairman's daughter came over. The daughter didn't like her and even laughed at her.

  She would occasionally write some fan fiction on the Internet. That day, by some strange combination of circumstances, she actually wrote a novel based on the chairman of the board. She also slightly modified the plot, wrote herself in, and ruthlessly raped her own director in the novel. Sir, by the way, I also cured that rich young lady, probably because you offended me in real life, I will be your stepmother in the novel!

  Who would have thought that she, who had always been as cold as Antarctica, would become unexpectedly popular because of this novel. Because of its popularity, this novel was also noticed. She was questioned for defaming the real person, and she was suddenly pushed to the forefront.

  Just when she was worried and helpless and didn't know what to do, she actually wore a book!

  She passed through this novel and became the heroine in it.

  When she wrote this novel, she actually focused on how to discredit the chairman's ex-wife and get them to divorce, and then write about how she would become a stepmother to the chairman's children, win over the hearts of the father and son, and of course, make the rich lady Just discredit it, put yourself on the moral high ground, and then enjoy beautiful love and a happy family life.

  After traveling to this world, she slowly discovered that the world in the book was actually real. Because it was a real world, there were of course many characters and settings that she could not take into account in her writing.

  But no matter what, the characters in the book, such as the male director Jing Nian, his lousy wife Gu Shunhua, and myself, the cousin who finally won the love of the male director Jing Nian, are all based on their own settings.

  She was so excited that she took the initiative and personally went to the Inner Mongolia Corps to promote the divorce of Gu Shunhua and Ren Jingnian.

  Even though Ren Jingnian is already the father of two children, he is only twenty-four years old. Compared with the mature and restrained chairman behind him, he is much younger, but he also looks more likeable, and she is satisfied with it. My brain is full of pink bubbles.

  Thinking that she could soothe the young chairman's heart during his most difficult time, become a light in his heart, and accompany him to start a business and go to glory in the future, and she would also share all his wealth, she could not restrain her desire. and trembling.

  She loved Ren Jingnian so much that she was willing to give everything for him.

  only--

  Chen Lu found out helplessly that something seemed to be going wrong. Gu Shunhua actually returned to the capital with his two children and did not want to be separated from them.

  Although the two children were only minor supporting roles, Chen Lu was still a little worried. She didn't want such a change that was inconsistent with the plot, and she also wanted to see what caused Gu Shunhua to suddenly change his mind.

  She wants to strangle everything that destroys her happiness, and she wants the plot of the entire world to unfold perfectly as written in her book.

  And right now, the one she can use is naturally Su Jianping in front of her.

  This was a character she had written firsthand. She was very aware of this person's character flaws. She liked Gu Shunhua but was afraid that she would drag down her life.

  At this time, she looked at Su Jianping with a smile: "It is quite difficult to register a child. She has grown up together with her, so everyone naturally wants to help her, but there is no grass growing on our ancestral graves, and we have no powerful relatives. , it's so easy to help!"

  When Su Jianping heard this, he began to think more and more in his mind. He could not really let his two children lose their household registration. Once they did, the two children would be considered to be married to Gu Shunhua. If he wanted to marry her, he would have to raise two children.

  To be honest, it's okay to marry a woman and help her raise a girl. Anyway, she will marry off when she is raised, but helping her raise a son is different and unacceptable.

  Chen Lu smiled and looked at Su Jianping's hesitant and tangled look, secretly thinking despicably that he was just a supporting role she randomly pulled in.

  In the book, she can control his life at will. Even if the book turns into a real world, she can still control people's hearts perfectly.

  Chen Lu chuckled lightly and went back to her courtyard.

  At this time, the seemingly absent snowflakes fell lightly, falling from the red walls and gray tiles, falling silently to the ground, and the ancient and quiet alley was moistened with a hazy moisture.

  Chen Lu raised her chin slightly, looking at the ancient alley and the vast sky, but she thought to herself that after all, this was a world she created with her own hands.

  **

  Gu Shunhua entered the courtyard, the night was hazy, snowflakes were falling lightly, pots and pans were clanging from various houses, and various cooking aromas filled the cool and humid air.

  When passing by the door on the left, Grandma Tong stood on the steps and waved to her, gesturing for her to come in.

  Grandma Tong has always been a special presence in the courtyard. When she was a child, everyone called her Grandma Gege. Later, when people started talking about her origin, the adults stopped the children from calling her, so no one called her anymore.

  Gu Shunhua had vaguely heard about Grandma Tong's origins from adults. It was said that Grandma Tong also lived in the palace before liberation. She was a princess and ranked third. He also said that when she was young, Grandma Tong wanted to marry a progressive young man. He eloped, but was caught and locked up at home.

  Gu Shunhua has been fond of Grandma Tong since he was a child. When he was a child, he would go into her house when he was wronged. She could always find something delicious, maybe a piece of poria pancake, maybe a handful of fried peanuts, these rare little things Snacks can always soothe Gu Shunhua's grievances and make the young Gu Shunhua laugh from tears.

  Now that he has grown up, Gu Shunhua has experienced the changing world and gained enlightenment in his life. When he saw Grandma Tong standing on the steps and greeting him, he felt a little dazed.

  She smiled and followed Grandma Tong into the house: "Grandma."

  Grandma Tong looked out the window. There was no one outside. Everyone was busy cooking, so she took a big blue bundle from the bed next to her: "This is the one I kept before. It's a small quilt. It's not big, but it's just for the children." , now is the cold time, don't freeze the children."

  It will be the twelfth lunar month in a few days, and it will be even colder by then.

  Gu Shunhua said hurriedly: "It's a covered mattress. We don't need that."

  But Grandma Tong forced it on her: "Don't be angry with me. Grandma has been thinking about you for several years. If you come back in one piece, Grandma will be relieved."

  Gu Shunhua's eyes were sore: "Thank you, grandma."

  Grandma Tong pushed her out: "Yuehua is back. Dinner is almost ready at your house. Go back quickly."

  Gu Shunhua was pushed out by Grandma Tong, and she didn't want to make any noise. She was afraid that others would see her, so she hurriedly got into her house with her head lowered and the baggage in her arms.

  When I entered my house, I saw that the briquette stove for heating was already on, the iron kettle on the stove was steaming, and the baked steamed buns placed on the edge of the stove were already emitting the unique aroma of crispy steamed buns.

  Gu Shunhua walked in from the cold outside, and the smell of the coal stove entered her throat. She choked and coughed twice.

  Manman and Duoduo were sitting obediently on the small bench waiting to eat. When they saw her, they got up and ran over, calling mother.

  Chen Cuiyue: "Stop running around, get ready to eat."

  There is a pot next to the red-painted wooden dining table. In the pot is steaming sweet potato stick porridge, and in the basket next to it is yellow stick noodle pancakes. Next to it are two old blue flower small plates, with shredded pickles and fried Chinese cabbage. , and fried shredded potatoes.

  The Gu family's dining table has always been very particular. Gu Shunhua had almost forgotten these rules after living at the foot of Yinshan Mountain for eight years. It wasn't until she sat at her dining table and looked at the pickles cut as thin as hair that she remembered that she had Be particular about it.

  Her ancestors had also been prosperous, and her grandfather was the most popular ladle master in Beiping City.

  During the Qing Dynasty, when Cixi was still alive, Cixi's meals were all prepared by the eunuch, the leader of the palace. She set up a "Tatan" around herself. "Tatan" originally meant a makeshift hut for hunting in the mountains. Shed, in Cixi's case, refers to the cook who runs a small stove around her.

  However, at that time, her grandfather worked in the imperial kitchen, which was under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. He was usually only responsible for purchasing and preparing food, and did not care about the meals, so he was quite happy, spending time in the imperial kitchen studying various dishes, and his craftsmanship was perfect for both red and white cases. Learned it over and over again.

  Later, when the Gengzi Revolution occurred, Cixi fled to Xi'an with Emperor Guangxu. Her grandfather suddenly became prominent. Cixi loved the dishes prepared by her grandfather.

  Two years later, when Cixi returned to Peiping City, her grandfather was already the most favored eunuch by Cixi. He was so arrogant that even the eunuchs in charge had to give him some respect.

  Later, after the Qing Dynasty was over, the young emperor Puyi fled to the northeast. He originally wanted to take her grandfather with him, but her grandfather got tired of it and didn't want to follow him, so he used a trick like a golden cicada to escape from its shell, and ran away when he came, waiting for Puyi to leave Peiping. City, he just showed up.

  Her grandfather Gu Zengxiang was also well-known in Beiping City at that time. He was the royal chef who had always served Cixi and the young emperor. Where there was a lack of connections, several big restaurants invited him to cook, so his grandfather chose Huiyun Restaurant in Zhonghai.

  His grandfather had her father when he was fifty years old. He had a son in his later years and naturally loved him like a treasure. When he was seven or eight years old, he let him practice his skills on the red case and passed on his unique skills to her, so she My father, Gu Quanfu, was a child master. He took charge of the Huiyun Tower when he was fifteen or sixteen years old. He stole the limelight and was surrounded by many young people when he went out.

  After liberation, the original hotel was a public-private partnership and was unified under the management of a public catering company. Gu Quanfu still served as his master chef, and his life was relatively comfortable. Occasionally, someone would hold a party and he would be the chef, and he would still get a good meal. A porcelain bun is placed on the stove, and he has meal stamps, food stamps, and vegetable stamps. From time to time, some foreigners bring them home. The children at home are not short of food and water.

  But when Gu Shunhua was five years old, the family was suddenly in trouble. Big-character posters were posted and he was not allowed to cook. He was kicked out of Huiyun Building and worked as a coolie in the catering company moving vegetables. Life was tight.

  When Gu Shunhua was thinking this, Gu Quanfu followed Gu Shunhua's gaze and looked at the shredded pickles on Lao Lan's plate. He cut the shredded pickles by hand, and he was good at cutting. He picked them up with chopsticks into tremblingly thin pieces. There were a few drops of sesame oil on them. There was an oily sheen under the lamp.

  But it doesn't matter, I still treated my daughter badly.

  He sighed: "Shunhua, wash your hands and feed the children first. Don't starve."

  While Chen Cuiyue was serving rice with a spoon, she glanced at the blue cloth bundle Gu Shunhua put on the bed: "Where did this come from?"

  Gu Shunhua: "Grandma Tong gave it to me, saying it was a small quilt to cover the two children."

  Chen Cuiyue sneered, lowered her voice and said, "Who still needs this from her? I'm eagerly waiting for her to give it to me."

  But after all, I like it. Who doesn't like something that is free?

  While talking, Gu Shunhua poured water to wash his hands. At this time, Yuehua entered the room. When he came in and saw Gu Shunhua, he was a little excited: "Sister, sister!"

  Gu Shunhua was also very happy to see his younger brother, but he still reminded him with a smile: "Wash your hands first, wash your hands first."

  After washing their hands, the family sat down to eat.

  It's too cold outside, and it's snowing again. I took a breath, and the cool air filled my throat, and my stomach was cold. Now sit down, pick up the delicious sweet potato stick porridge, and take a sip. The hot air above is sucked along the edge of the bowl, and the sweet aroma of sweet potatoes and the mellow aroma of yellow stick porridge spread in the mouth and tongue.

  Chen Cuiyue asked the two children with a smile: "Is it delicious?"

  The two children nodded their heads: "It's delicious!"

  Chen Cuiyue's wrinkles showed kindness when she smiled: "Then eat more!"

  Gu Yuehua put some fried cabbage into the bowls of the two children: "Eat more vegetables."

  As she said that, she couldn't help complaining about Chen Cuiyue: "Mom, my sister just got home, and the two children are still young. Why don't you order something meaty? If not, why don't you give me some scrambled eggs?"

  Chen Cuiyue sighed and Gu Yuehua said: "The days are long, you are the only one who knows how to love them? Why don't you turn into an egg and put it in the pot?"

  Gu Shunhua then smiled: "We had fried egg pancakes in the afternoon, and the children ate deliciously. By the way, Yuehua, how are you doing at work?"

  The eldest brother Gu Zhenhua was the first to go to the countryside. Gu Shunhua didn't have to go to the countryside, but he accepted Chen Lu's quota and went to the countryside. Gu Yuehua was two years younger than Gu Shunhua, that is, thirteen years old. He didn't have to go to the countryside and stayed in the capital.

  But when I got older, I had no school, no job, and was wandering around. Recently, I found a temporary job, which was to work as a coolie in a coal shop to move briquettes. I earned one yuan a day, and I also got two cents for food. As a supplement, if you take one day off a week, you can earn 30 yuan after playing for a month.

  But who is Gu Yuehua? He is used to being lazy when he is a child, and he does not care about studying. He can't stand it when he is asked to carry briquettes and work hard every day, so he spends three days fishing and two days drying nets. For this, Chen Cuiyue naturally Dissatisfied, she talks about him from time to time.

  When Gu Yuehua heard his sister ask, he coughed: "It's not bad. Anyway, I have food and drink, so I won't have to worry about life."

  Next to her, Chen Cuiyue sighed: "You, you, when will you become sensible!"

  But Gu Yuehua was smiling, already playing with Manman and Duoduo, and feeding Duoduo large pieces of soft sweet potatoes: "My sister is really good at giving birth. Look at this little girl, how handsome she is, just like me when I was a child!"

  Chen Cuiyue laughed and scolded him: "If I look like you, it will be bad if I look like you!"

  Gu Shunhua just smiled and said nothing.

  Her younger brother is just a loser. He is lazy and lazy. In the words of the old people in the courtyard, he is a bastard with a glass ball. He is unreliable and cannot be counted on.

  She used to think so too.

  But after learning about that book, she understood that when she and her professor divorced and became ill again, it was this obscure brother who stayed by her side and worked hard to earn money to take her to see a doctor.

  I have no skills. I work at a construction site moving bricks for people. I earn more than ten yuan a day by moving bricks. I save up to buy Zhilanzhai's sauced tripe to eat, just because she accidentally said that Zhilanzhai's sauced tripe has a mellow taste and good rotten meat. Entrance.

  Even though there are bruises on my shoulders, I still smile and say we are men. This is all a trivial matter.

  So in this life, who knows what will happen to someone in the future.

  Chapter 13 Tracking on a Snowy Night

  Chen Cuiyue stood up and took the baked steamed bun slices. The steamed bun slices were really cooked, and half of the white cross-section was already yellow. She patted it with her hands, blew off the ash residue on it, spread a little fermented bean curd, and handed it to them respectively. To the two children: "Eat, drink more water after eating."

  The two children took it, looked at it, and Duoduo whispered, "Grandma, eat it."

  Saying this, he wanted to hand it back to grandma.

  Chen Cuiyue laughed so hard that she sighed repeatedly: "Look at this child, how good he is! You eat, you eat, and there is more!"

  Gu Shunhua said: "Eat."

  The child looked at his mother, then lowered his head and started to eat. The first bite was not easy to bite, it was crunchy and the crumbs fell out accidentally. Manman quickly held it with his little hands and put all the crumbs into his mouth. The steamed bun slices were really crispy, and even more fragrant when dipped in fermented bean curd. The two children took small bites and finished them quickly. After finishing, they stuck out their tongues to lick the residue on the corners of their lips.

  Chen Cuiyue served the cornmeal porridge to the children and said, "I'll give you some bean juice tomorrow morning."

  Burnt rings with bean juice, this is the favorite breakfast of people in the capital. The Gu family grinds their own bean juice and it tastes very authentic.

  The whole family had almost finished eating. Gu Shunhua and Chen Cuiyue were washing the dishes. Gu Yuehua was playing with the two children by the bedside. He was handsome and talked funny. He soon made the two children laugh and make milky sounds. Gu Quanfu's laughter made Gu Quanfu laugh too.

  After washing the dishes, Gu Shunhua went to take out the dirt. The so-called taking out the dirt actually means taking out the garbage. It is usually dumped when it gets dark. The old rule in the alley is that the dirt on that day cannot be stayed at home overnight. It must be taken out at ten o'clock at the latest. .

  The dirt was mostly filled with coal ash and slag, so Gu Shunhua was careful to hold his breath when he fell.

  After finishing pouring, I washed my hands when I got home, took Duoduo over, and everyone sat by the stove to talk.

  Chen Cuiyue is actually quite worried. After her boss Gu Zhenhua went to the countryside, he also got married in the countryside. Fortunately, his daughter-in-law Huang Shuqin is from the capital, so both of them can come back to the city. They are already doing it, but it is a pity that they will not be able to come back before the year. You can't celebrate the New Year in the capital, it's the first month after the new year.

  Thinking of this, Gu Zhenhua was two years older than Gu Shunhua, twenty-five years old, and still had no children. Chen Cuiyue couldn't help but mutter a few times.

  I am also worried about where Gu Zhenhua and his wife Huang Shuqin will live, and how they will live when they have children.

  Thinking of these, Chen Cuiyue couldn't help but glance at the two children.

  To say that children are really annoying, but it is also worrying. When the two sons get married, the daughter will live with two children at home. How will we live like this? The palm is so big that we can't hang it on the wall!

  Gu Yuehua didn't think about this, he laughed and joked with the two children, and they were so intimate.

  Gu Shunhua knew that his mother was worried, but she actually had a plan and was just waiting for her hukou to be settled.

  After talking to his family for a while, Gu Shunhua hugged his two children and prepared to go to bed.

  Gu Yuehua saw that Gu Shunhua was living in the outhouse and shouted, "Is it cold over there? Sister, I live in the outhouse, you should live in the back room."

  After all, the back house is an old house. In the early days, real materials were used to build the house. The wall bricks are thick and windproof. The outhouse was built by myself. How could I put in the effort to block the wind? Cover the rain.

  Gu Shunhua said, "It's okay. Let's cover ourselves with thicker quilts. It's warmer here than Inner Mongolia anyway."

  Gu Yuehua stood up and walked to the outhouse, but was stopped by Gu Shunhua: "Just calm down!"

  As he said that, he took the child to the outhouse, and then closed the door hard.

  Gu Yuehua was at a loss: "My sister has a weird temper. She can't live in the house even if she keeps the room warm!"

  Gu Shunhua naturally has her own ideas. She knows her mother's thoughts and her mother's plans. Now that she occupies a good house, it will be difficult for her to rush to the outhouse when her brother comes or gets married.

  Gu Shunhua didn't feel uncomfortable about this, he was already used to it anyway.

  It's not that her mother doesn't love her, it's just that there is a queue of people ahead of her.

  Carrying a thermos and an enamel basin, I washed the hands and faces of the two children, and finally used the little water to wash their feet. I also washed myself, poured the water into the chamber pot, and got ready to go to bed.

  Before going to bed, I suddenly remembered the blue cloth baggage that Grandma Tong gave me. I opened it and covered the two children with an extra layer. It was so cold, and the extra layer was a layer of warmth.

  Who knew that as soon as he shook his head, Duoduo's sharp eyes saw: "Mom, handkerchief!"

  Gu Shunhua took a look and saw that it was indeed a blue cloth handkerchief.

  Her heart moved slightly and she quickly opened it. Inside, there were three big unity sheets and ten kilograms of food stamps.

  She remembered the way Grandma Tong handed her the bundle, and she realized that it was specially given to her by Grandma Tong.

  She put the money and food stamps back into the handkerchief and carefully put them away, thinking of returning them to Grandma Tong tomorrow.

  In fact, she was not short of money, but she was still touched by the old man's kindness.

  Grandma Tong had never been married in her life, and she was alone. She actually cared for her as if she were her own granddaughter.

  After lying on the bed, she hugged one to the other and lulled them to sleep.

  The two children couldn't sleep, so they talked quietly.

  "Mom, when will dad come?"

  "Mom, the toasted steamed bun slices are delicious. I like them a lot."

  "Mom, aren't we going back in the future?"

  "Mom, I like my uncle!"

  The winter nights in the capital are very cold, and the twelfth lunar month is about to enter. The three-square-foot palm hut is wrapped in the cold wind. The cold wind is mixed with ice and snow and hits the thin walls, giving people the illusion that this small house It will be overturned and broken to pieces.

  Gu Shunhua shuddered, wrapped the two children tightly in quilts, and the three of them snuggled together.

  "Go to sleep, you have to get up early tomorrow."

  *

  When I woke up the next day, the window paper was bright and shiny. When I looked outside, I saw that the small courtyard was covered with a layer of snow, which was thin and uneven after being blown by the wind and snow.

  After dinner, Gu Quanfu and Chen Cuiyue both had to go to work. Gu Yuehua said that he would take time off to accompany his nephews and nieces. Chen Cuiyue naturally had no choice but to let him go. He was just such an out-of-touch person, what else could he do.

  Gu Shunhua went to Grandma Tong's house. Grandma Tong was sitting by the stove, picking up shoe soles, and the old cat beside her was licking the soup on the plate.

  Grandma Tong understood it as soon as she saw her and scolded: "Look at your future, do you care about this? Are you still sending it here?"

  Gu Shunhua: "Grandma, I'm not short of money."

  Grandma Tong: "This is for the two children. I don't care if you are short of money or not!"

  Gu Shunhua laughed: "In Inner Mongolia Corps these years, there is not much money to spend. After the divorce, the child's father gave me all the family savings. I have saved some money. I won't be short of it for a while. I don't have a pound of food stamps." , let's do this, I will accept the food stamps and return the money to grandma."

  Grandma Tong: "I won't accept it!"

  Gu Shunhua was helpless: "Grandma, will I ask you to get it when I need it?"

  However, Grandma Tong is very stubborn. If she doesn't accept it, she won't accept it. If she insists on giving it to me, I will be annoyed.

  In the end, Gu Shunhua had no choice but to get the money and food stamps back.

  She thought that since Grandma Tong was old, she could help out and show some filial piety when she came back.

  She spent the whole day watching her children at home, and took her children to visit old neighbors. Until it was dark, she stepped on the snow and walked to Wang Xinrui's house with her pocket in her pocket.

  When they arrived at Wang Xinrui's house, Wang Xinrui's mother was cooking. Wang Xinrui winked at her and she followed her in. After entering the house, Wang Xinrui brought out two straw ropes.

  There was a knife of meat hanging on one straw rope, which weighed three kilograms. On the other straw rope, there was a fat-headed fish, estimated to weigh four or five kilograms. It was fresh and fresh, and its tail was pointed and flapping.

  Wang Xinrui whispered: "This is from Miyun Reservoir, fresh."

  Gu Shunhua was grateful and took out a big solidarity card: "I don't have food stamps, you keep the money."

  Gu Shunhua calculated that a pound of meat costs about one yuan, and a pound of fish costs more than one yuan. If you buy these seriously, it will probably cost less than ten yuan, but she doesn't have food stamps or meat stamps!

  Not to mention the fresh Miyun Reservoir fat-headed fish, she couldn't touch it even if she had a ticket and money.

  Ten yuan would definitely not be enough, but Wang Xinrui would definitely not want more.

  Wang Xinrui glanced at her: "You are just a foreigner. I hope you can get your hukou so that we can keep company."

  Gu Shunhua: "I am very grateful to be able to get this. I have nowhere to buy it even if I have money."

  After all, he gave the money to Wang Xinrui. When Wang Xinrui saw this, he didn't say anything.

  After leaving Wang Xinrui's courtyard, the wind outside blew the remaining snow. The snow flakes were like tough needlepoints, which hurt the face. The ground was also cold and stiff, and it felt like stepping on an ice cave.

  Gu Shunhua tied the scarf tightly and put on the cotton hat. This way he would be warmer and would not be recognized by anyone he met.

  Giving gifts to the director of the Educated Youth Office is not a glorious thing after all, so it is best to avoid people.

  Sun Jiayang's third uncle's house is not too far from Baishun Hutong, just to the west of Liulichang. There is a narrow road from Dashilar to pass through.

  Gu Shunhua clutched the straw rope hard in the cold wind, facing the wind and snow, and walked forward step by step. On the way, he also found a pit on the side of the road, and almost stepped on it. Upon closer inspection, it was a dog excrement pit.

  Gu Shunhua carefully avoided it and continued walking forward, passing by Liulichang.

  In the early days, the Liulichang was actually the place where glazed tiles were made. The glazed brick carvings like those in Beihai, the Forbidden City, were all made by the Liulichang. Later, stalls were set up outside the Liulichang to sell second-hand goods. During the Qing Dynasty, the Sikuquanshu was compiled. Officials would come here to buy books. After many years of changes, this second-hand book market has finally become the antique market it is today. Looking at it from a distance, there is actually a busy book owner in the wind and snow.

  When the boss saw Gu Shunhua, he waved to Gu Shunhua and pointed to his cart, meaning to give Gu Shunhua a ride.

  But of course Gu Shunhua was reluctant, shaking his head and waving his hands to refuse.

  The boss was obviously a little disappointed, so he rode the scooter away with difficulty.

  Gu Shunhua kept his head down and continued walking forward. Unexpectedly, after walking a few steps, he saw the boss behind him coming on a cart.

  On the cart, there was a figure wearing a sheepskin hat, who looked very familiar.

  Gu Shunhua immediately recognized this as Su Jianping.

  At the moment, I was also wondering, what is he doing here? How could he come out to suffer such a crime on a dark and snowy night?

  Gu Shunhua kept an eye on it. The alley was narrow and it was snowing. She stood aside and hid in the dark so that she wouldn't be noticed unless she looked carefully.

  The owner struggled to step on the cart. The wheels of the cart rolled through the snow and moved forward slowly. The snow was falling. Su Jianping's scarf covered half of his face and blocked his sight. He obviously didn't notice Gu Shunhua.

  Gu Shunhua waited for the cart to pass by, then picked up the straw rope and followed carefully behind the cart.

  In fact, the cart is not very fast. If she walks more closely, she can keep up.

  When the cart turned into the alley, Gu Shunhua became more and more suspicious. Wasn't this the road she was going to take, and it happened to be along the way? He is going this way in vain, what is he going to do?

  She became more cautious and followed carefully, hiding in the alley door from time to time to avoid being discovered.

  In the past, she might not be able to keep up or hide well, but now she has been training in the Inner Mongolia Corps for eight years. She has never done any dirty work. She dug soil and coal in the winter. At that time, women were all When a man uses it, his body is now flexible and his movements are agile.

  Gu Shunhua just followed, and finally, when he saw Su Jianping stopped, he gave the boss money and let him go first.

  Gu Shunhua looked at the door number where he was hiding, and after some calculation, he understood that the place where Su Jianping stopped was the home of Director Sun of the Educated Youth Office.

  Looking more carefully, Su Jianping seems to be carrying something in his hand, like - deep leather boots?

  Gu Shunhua became more and more confused and looked around. Because it was dark and snowing heavily, there was no one in the alley entrance, so she put the meat and fish she was carrying on the stone pier next to the entrance.

  After that, he hid behind the door and stared over there carefully.

  Su Jianping seemed to have started knocking on the door. After knocking for a while, someone started talking and asked angrily who he was. Su Jianping smiled and told them to ask for Director Sun.

  The man shouted, and soon someone came out. Looking at the snowy light, Gu Shunhua could vaguely recognize that it was Director Sun.

  Su Jianping talked to Director Sun, and it seemed that the two of them knew each other. Su Jianping gave the boots to Director Sun, saying that they were labor protection supplies for the company. They were good boots, with fur on the inside and real leather on the outside.

  Genuine leather boots are not easily seen by ordinary people. The three-jointed leather shoes worn by men nowadays are usually made of artificial leather. There are very few genuine leather boots like Su Jianping's, let alone genuine leather boots.

  Director Sun obviously liked it, so he declined it and accepted it.

  The two people stood talking, and Su Jianping mentioned Gu Shunhua's name, saying that with two children, it would be difficult to obtain a household registration.

  When Director Sun heard what Su Jianping said, he understood. He looked at the boots in his hand. They were made of real materials. They were good boots and the labor protection supplies from the Power Supply Bureau were good.

  He said helplessly: "This matter is actually in a dilemma for us, but since Comrade Su mentioned it, I -"

  Su Jianping said: "Director Sun, actually, this child's matter cannot be handled. I mean, it is not necessarily a good thing for the child to come back. After all, a divorced woman with two children is quite a drag - -"

  When Gu Shunhua heard this, he finally understood and felt a chill down his back.

  Your uncle's!

  Playing with children, even if I'm not on good terms with you, what's the matter with you? It's such a disservice to you to do this kind of trick to harm me!

  You want to separate us mother and son, and you want me to go through this in vain, why are you so cruel!

  After hearing this, Gu Shunhua gritted his teeth and rushed over.

  When she rushed over, Su Jianping was vaguely explaining to Director Sun that after all, usually when you go to others to do things, you hope that they will do it. It is really rare to specially give gifts to ask others not to do it.

  Director Sun naturally thought so too. When he heard what Su Jianping said, he was a little confused and didn't understand what it meant.

  Just when he was wondering, Gu Shunhua appeared.

  Gu Shunhua suddenly appeared in front of the two men, wiped the white snow falling on his forehead, and said with a smile: "Brother Jianping, I have already said that I will just come to Director Sun for this matter, why are you doing this for me?" Spend money?"

  Director Sun looked at Gu Shunhua in surprise, with a confused look on his face.

  Su Jianping was startled and stared at Gu Shunhua as if he was seeing a ghost.

  Why did she come suddenly? What did she hear? What does she mean by this?

  Chapter 14 Eat big chunks of meat

  Large snowflakes fell. Through the vast snowflakes, Gu Shunhua saw Su Jianping's frightened face. That was the majestic face of the future deputy director of the Power Supply Bureau. Now he was so frightened that he seemed to have seen a ghost.

  Gu Shunhua smiled and said to Director Sun: "Third uncle, Brother Jianping and I grew up in the same courtyard. I call him brother. We have a very good relationship. He is also enthusiastic. He knows that it is difficult for me to raise two children. If you don't have a registered permanent residence, he said he would help me look for it. I told him that this matter is not an outsider's business. Could you please help my third uncle to take the trouble to do it? Ask him not to get involved. He insisted on coming to help. Talk about it, but I'm disturbing Third Uncle and asking you to worry about it."

  As he said that, Gu Shunhua looked at Su Jianping: "Brother Jianping, you also prepared boots. I didn't even hear you say, you are just too kind, and you were afraid that I would feel sorry if I knew you spent money!"

  Su Jianping was obviously still shocked and confused, and didn't understand what was going on. But with Gu Shunhua saying this in front of him, what else could he do? He didn't know what to say. He could only nod vaguely and followed mechanically: "Nothing, nothing, it's all small things..."

  Gu Shunhua looked at Director Sun: "Brother Jianping is such a good person!"

  Director Sun looked at the situation in front of him and finally understood.

  We all live not too far apart, just a few alleys apart, and we have heard more or less about each other.

  He looked at Su Jianping and then at Gu Shunhua: "It's normal to have a child who grew up in the same hospital and has a good relationship. Everyone helps each other."

  But I was thinking, I heard that Su Jianping was responsible for writing manuscripts at the Power Supply Bureau. I didn't expect that he could not speak and was so stupid that he didn't understand what was going on after talking for a long time. Now that Gu Shunhua is here, he can understand it in a few words.

  He sighed and said: "Jianping, Shunhua, to be honest, this matter for you is really difficult to handle. After all, there are no regulations or precedents. I made an exception here. If anything happens later, I I have to bear the responsibility, but Shunhua has two children. I thought about this during the day and mentioned it to my niece. My niece was also uncomfortable and asked me to help if I could. I made an exception. Just when I was thinking about this, you guys came here. It's snowing and you came to see me. I feel uncomfortable too. It's really not easy!"

  After hearing this, Gu Shunhua understood that the matter could actually be done.

  But he is the director and can talk. After going around this circle, it means that he can do it for him, but he does it for himself, not because he is here to give gifts, but because his niece mentioned it and thought it was not easy for Gu Shunhua, so he gave the extra green light. Yes, this is normal procedure.

  At the same time, he also mentioned implicitly that there was nothing he could do if he didn't do it for himself in the beginning, and he would be taking risks if he did it for himself now.

  In fact, Gu Shunhua understands the idea of ​​taking risks. After all, those ten years have just passed, and many things have to be crossed by feeling the stones. Who dares to make decisions easily for fear of causing trouble.

  At that moment, he said gratefully: "Uncle Third, I am a divorced woman with two children, and I came all the way from the Inner Mongolia Corps. I have no way to turn back. If I can't register in the capital, I will have to go to a dead end! I know this is not easy to handle, please help me." Taking the risk, Third Uncle got it done this time, and I will remember Third Uncle's kindness."

  Su Jianping stood there blankly, his mind still confused, but after hearing this, he still nodded like a fool: "Yes, yes, yes."

  While they were talking, someone in the courtyard called Director Sun's name. Director Sun said hurriedly: "It's time to eat, I have to go in."

  He looked down at the boots in his hand and said with a smile, "Forget it. It's great that you can keep such a good thing for yourself. It won't freeze your feet in the cold weather. Take it quickly."

  After saying that, he stuffed it into Su Jianping's hand.

  Su Jianping had already woken up a little at this time, knowing that the matter would definitely not be done, so he gritted his teeth and wanted to take it.

  But Director Sun didn't really want to give it back to him. He was just pretending to do it. If he wasn't careful, he actually stretched out his hand to grab it, which surprised him.

  What is this going to do?

  Gu Shunhua looked at this scene and sneered in his heart, thinking that you still want to put the boots you took out back on your feet, which is a good idea! Grandma!

  She used her hands hard and reached out to push the boots towards Director Sun: "Director, please keep them, and you must not see them outside."

  Director Sun laughed and put away the boots.

  Gu Shunhua pulled Su Jianping: "Brother Jianping, let's go."

  Director Sun waved with a smile and went into the house contentedly with his boots. Gu Shunhua and Su Jianping walked back.

  Gu Shunhua didn't want to break up with Su Jianping. After all, they were in a large courtyard. It would be really shameless. It would be uncomfortable if she didn't look up and look down. Besides, she had plans to build a house, so it would be difficult to break up.

  Just don't mention this matter now, just hold him as a handle, and you can make things happen in the future.

  She looked touched and sighed: "I didn't expect Brother Jianping to be so kind to me and even want to help me find Director Sun. Brother Jianping spent a lot of money this time."

  When Su Jianping heard this, he was really dumb and unable to speak.

  Those boots were a labor insurance product provided by the company, and they could only be issued to electricians who were working outside. He was also given such a thick pair of boots at a cheap price because he had to work hard to write a manuscript some time ago. Unexpectedly, he was given a cheap pair of boots, but he did not expect that he would benefit others!

  The key thing is that he also went out of his way to help Gu Shunhua register for residence.

  Su Jianping was confused just now and didn't react much. Now that he figured it out, he felt that he was so stupid, so stupid that he wished he could give himself a slap.

  If he had known earlier, he should have quickly grasped the boots and not let go. No matter how much he cares about face, the boots are the most important thing!

  Gu Shunhua admired Su Jianping's annoyed look and was in a good mood. He ran under the door again, picked up the meat and fish he had placed on the door pillar, and said with a smile: "I had already prepared a gift for Director Sun, but I didn't expect that Jianping Brother Ping helped me prepare it, but I can save some money, just in time to improve the food for my family. Brother Jianping, thank you, I will stew the meat later and send you a bowl."

  Su Jianping took one look at the meat and fish, thinking that he had paid for it with his boots. It hurt so much that his heart was trembling. He felt uncomfortable with his boots.

  But Gu Shunhua had already said that, and he couldn't bring it up anymore. If he exposed it and made a fuss, he would have no face, and it might affect his future future. He could only pretend to be dumbfounded, and forced a smile: " Okay, okay."

  Gu Shunhua knew that he didn't dare to fall out and could only hold it in, but he was relieved.

  Losing her household registration was a big deal, but before that she actually didn't want to offend anyone.

  Of course, it's best to keep tossing him.

  As she was talking, she happened to see the wind blowing the snow, forming a vortex on the road ahead, and she remembered that it was a shithole.

  Her heart moved and she said deliberately: "Brother Jianping, be careful and go this way."

  Su Jianping was in a daze, thinking about the boots. He didn't pay attention to this, so he subconsciously walked forward.

  Gu Shunhua watched from the side and even pulled him affectionately: "Brother Jianping, be careful, don't fall. It's snowing heavily today."

  He just took two steps forward, and sure enough, Su Jianping stepped in and fell directly there with a pop.

  Gu Shunhua then shouted: "Brother Jianping, what's wrong with you? Why did you fall? Oops!"

  She exclaimed: "Brother Jianping, your face is so smelly!"

  Su Jianping felt that his nose was full of stench. He subconsciously raised his hand and wiped it. It was all sticky and full of dog shit!

  I almost vomited immediately!

  ***

  Gu Shunhua did not go home directly. She went to Wang Xinrui's house and gave the meat to Wang Xinrui, and then took the fish home. By this time, her parents had returned and the meal was almost done. Gu Shunhua gave the fish to her mother: "Mom, Today I went to Xinrui's house and her dad got a fat-headed fish. He said that the fat-headed fish came from Miyun Reservoir and is fresh. Let's make it tonight."

  When Yuehua saw that there was a fat-headed fish, he drooled with greed and shouted to Gu Quanfu: "Dad, you do it, you do it, but don't let me do it, or else I'll blind a fish in vain!"

  Chen Cuiyue looked at the fish and knew it was a good thing at first sight, so she asked, "Why do you take this from someone else?"

  Gu Yuehua said with a smile: "Take everything, just eat it."

  Gu Quanfu also took a look: "It must weigh four pounds, this is a good fish."

  Gu Quanfu said it was a good fish, so it must be a good fish, so he started cooking it immediately. With his knife in hand, everyone stopped eating and waited to eat the fish.

  Gu Shunhua was afraid that the child would be hungry, so he broke some stick cakes to satisfy the child's hunger.

  Because I have children, it's hard to make spicy food, so I wanted to make something quick, so I made braised fat-headed fish.

  After he cleaned the fish, he applied a little Erguotou wine on both sides and a layer of salt flowers. Then he quickly added oil to the pan and heated it until both sides were golden brown. He took the fish out of the pan first.

  Put the onion, ginger and garlic in the pot and stir-fry over low heat until it makes a sizzling sound. The aroma inside the onion, ginger and garlic is stir-fried and overflows in the narrow and warm room. The two children looked at the door eagerly, and Gu Shunhua couldn't bear it. I couldn't help but drool.

  This smells really good.

  Materials were scarce, the family situation was not good, and there was a lack of oil and water in the stomach. In the cold weather, the sizzling oil aroused people's appetite, not to mention such a delicious and plump big head fish, and Gu Quanfu personally cooked it.

  In the past, this would have been a craft that only Cixi and the young emperor could taste!

  Everyone was happy. Gu Shunhua felt even more fortunate when she thought about it. The fish was almost given away. Thanks to her help, Su Jianping lost a pair of boots and saved the big fish. She felt even happier. Then The smell of fish is even more appealing.

  After Gu Quanfu sautéed the onions, ginger, and garlic until fragrant, he poured two bowls of water, added salt and soy sauce, and brought to a boil over high heat. After boiling, he added the fish heads and simmered them with the lid.

  The flames of the coal stove added to the black bottom of the pot, and the water in the pot gurgled and fragrant. Other people in the small yard also smelled it and looked over.

  Someone asked: "Uncle Gu is here to catch the wind and wash away the dust for his daughter and prepare some delicious food!"

  Gu Quanfu was actually a bit shameless. He was ashamed to face his daughter, so he didn't speak much.

  The snowflakes outside were still floating, but the braised fish was out of the pot. When the door opened, a few snowflakes floated into the boiling fish pot and instantly melted in the heat.

  The braised fat-headed fish has been put on the plate. Under the dim light, you can see the thick and colorful soup flowing on the tender and plump fat-headed fish. Everyone can't help but swallow their saliva.

  Chen Cuiyue smiled so hard that her eyes crinkled: "Eat quickly, eat quickly!"

  Although it may have been cooked in a hurry, the soup is rich and shiny, the fish is browned and crispy on the outside, but it is so tender on the inside that it melts in your mouth. When you take a bite, it is so fragrant that you can't wait to devour it.

  Gu Shunhua had been running around in the wind and snow all night, and she was exhausted, cold and hungry. Now she estimated that the household registration was almost done, she felt confident, tasted it herself, and fed the two tender fish meat. The two children ate, and seeing their satisfied expressions made her feel indescribably happy.

  Ever since she got the memory in that book and realized everything, she has been running non-stop, rushing back to the Inner Mongolia Corps, revising the divorce agreement, taking her two children back to the capital, and begging her grandfather to sue her grandmother for their hukou.

  Now, her hukou should have been settled. She took a breath from Su Jianping. Sitting at home, eating braised fish around the stove on this windy and snowy night, she was so happy that she wanted to cry.

  Chapter 15 Braised Pork and Fried Tofu Floss

  After eating the braised fish, the whole family felt warm in their hearts. Chen Cuiyue warned Gu Shunhua not to spend so much in the future: "It's all for my own family, why did you buy this? You don't know what to do with your life!"

  Then he said: "Your aunt said she would bring two kilograms of braised pork tomorrow, but I don't know if it's true or not."

  It was one thing to be happy at the time, but when I thought about it later, I felt it was unreliable. Her younger siblings were picking at it, so who could give her something?

  So he said, "Tomorrow I'll ask Xiuya to see if there are any leftover dim sum dregs from the sale. I'll take some."

  Desserts are sold in cooperatives, and puff pastry will inevitably shed dregs. There is not much dregs, but over time a lot of dregs can accumulate. It is certainly cheap to sell the dregs. You can buy a big pack for a dime, but People like this usually need to be well-informed. When Qiao Xiuya had snacks for sale, she tipped them off. This was a huge favor.

  Gu Quanfu hugged Manman and said slowly: "Stop talking about your snack scum. Give me a few dollars and I will buy some pig head meat tomorrow."

  Gu Quanfu is now moving food in a catering company, which is supposed to have some oil and water, but he was posted in big-character posters before, and some things at home have been turned in. Now he is very cautious in the workplace and never dares to take advantage of the government.

  Fortunately, working as a cook had a high level of qualifications before. Even if I have to move the dishes now, my salary is still at the level of forty-seven yuan. Plus Chen Cuiyue earns more than twenty yuan a month, which is enough to feed the family. Otherwise, if you raise three children, you will have to suffer from the northwest wind.

  Chen Cuiyue was in charge. His salary of forty-seven yuan a month was handed over to Chen Cuiyue in full. He even gave up cigarettes because he had no pocket money.

  Last night before going to bed, he muttered and asked Chen Cuiyue to give him a few dollars to buy some meat. Chen Cuiyue was reluctant. Now that he had eaten the fat-headed fish that Gu Shunhua brought back, he happened to mention it again.

  Gu Shunhua was washing the dishes without even raising his eyelids: "Dad, don't waste it. We just ate fish. We can just be vegetarian tomorrow."

  Chen Cuiyue also said hurriedly: "I'm tired of eating too much fish and meat. We still have some fish left. Let's eat it tomorrow. We'll talk about buying ribs in a few days."

  So the matter passed naturally.

  After finishing cleaning, Chen Cuiyue made the bed, while talking about Gu Shunhua. She was worried about the household registration, and asked what Gu Shunhua did today.

  He brought it up again for a while: "Shun Hua, actually the manager of the district non-staple food company that your Aunt Qiao introduced to you seems to me to be good. I heard that the district non-staple food company is going to build a house now, and it is a building. When the time comes, he will be able to divide it. We live in a building, and the salary is high and the treatment is good, so we can't compare with that!"

  Gu Yuehua curled his lips and shouted: "Mom, you have to ask first about this kind of thing. How many hairs does the manager still have on his head? He might be a light bulb!"

  Chen Cuiyue sighed: "I want you to talk too much!"

  When Gu Shunhua heard this, he didn't say a word at all.

  You know, even if you stay in front of your parents and children all the time, you may not be able to have a heart-to-heart relationship with them, not to mention that after eight years in Inner Mongolia, you have learned so many things.

  Parents and children are a spiritual practice and a fate. How much fate there is is determined. Her parents will not sell their daughter or trap her. This is enough.

  She coaxed the two children and went to the outhouse to sleep.

  There is a stove burning in the front room, which is very warm. When you walk to the back room, it is not so warm. Then when you walk from the back room to the outer room, it becomes even colder. The warmth of the stove is almost gone.

  As soon as Duoduo entered the outer room, he shivered.

  Gu Shunhua saw it and said with a smile: "It's cold, isn't it? Let's wash our feet with hot water."

  After washing the feet of the two children and lying on the bed again, I finally rested.

  Outside the thin brick wall, there is the howling north wind.

  She was thinking of many things in that north wind. She was thinking about what her mother mentioned about Su Jianping today. She had lost her household registration, and her family would probably introduce her to someone.

  However, she cared more about the stove than her partner. It would be great if she could have her own briquette stove and some coal stamps.

  It's a pity that this is not Inner Mongolia. There is never a shortage of coal in the mines of Inner Mongolia.

  Thinking of the mines in Inner Mongolia, she thought of Ren Jingnian and the way he looked at her when she led her two children into the Wuyuan Railway Station.

  In the past few days, he came to the capital with his children, and he was guarding the mines in Inner Mongolia. He was probably worried.

  I'll go to the Educated Youth Office by myself tomorrow. If things can be handled well, I'll stop by the post office and give him a call to say something.

  ***

  When I woke up the next day, the snow had stopped. People in the courtyard were all hard-working. It has become a rule after so many years. Everyone sweeps their own things. The older people help sweep in front of the house, and the young people use shovels. , the child pushed the snowball happily, and the old man swept behind with a broom. With the rustling sound, the dark wet ground was exposed, with only the remaining traces of snow swept by the broom remaining on it.

  Gu Shunhua also swept the snow with the others. After sweeping the snow, they played together when they were children. About a dozen of them, about the same age, got together and talked for a while, which was quite lively.

  Everyone then asked about Gu Shunhua's residence registration.

  Gu Shunhua actually had a firm idea in his heart, but the matter had not yet been completed, so of course he would not talk nonsense. He only said that he would go to the Educated Youth Office to ask again today.

  Everyone was talking about ideas. It happened that Qiao Xiuya went out to pour the chamber pot. When she saw Gu Shunhua, she looked at Gu Shunhua with unknown meaning. She smiled while looking at her. It seemed that something had happened. She knew that she had seen through it. But Gu Shunhua was still in the dark.

  Gu Shunhua was puzzled, said hello to Qiao Xiuya and went out.

  After she walked out, she heard Qiao Xiuya and the people in the courtyard muttering: "If she succeeds in this matter, and my head is used as a chamber pot for her, I will say that it can't be done!"

  The last word "了" lengthens the tone and makes it very confident.

  Gu Shunhua was even more puzzled, wondering why she was so sure that Su Jianping was causing trouble and didn't tell her?

  Or is it that she only knows that Su Jianping did something bad, but failed to succeed and was used by herself instead, she didn't know?

  After thinking wildly all the way, Gu Shunhua arrived at the Educated Youth Office. There was still a group of people surrounding the wall outside the Educated Youth Office. They were all educated youths who had retired from illness and wanted to return to the city.

  Gu Shunhua squeezed in, and Director Sun happened to be there. When Director Sun saw Gu Shunhua, he understood and asked her a few symbolic questions, then asked her to fill in a registration form and get her a settlement certificate.

  When the big red seal poked there, Gu Shunhua's heart finally settled.

  Now it's better, she can settle down, and so can her children.

  No matter how poor or miserable she is, she can stay in the capital with her children. As long as she survives these few years, it will be a victory!

  After coming out of the Educated Youth Office, even though it was very cold, she felt very relieved. She stopped by the post office and made a call to the mine in Inner Mongolia.

  First, I filled out a phone form, wrote down the city and phone number, paid the deposit, and then started waiting. All calls must be made by a telephone operator, first from Beijing to Inner Mongolia, then from Inner Mongolia to the city, and then from the city to Wuyuan County, and Wuyuan County to the mine.

  How long this process takes depends on the occupancy of the phone line at that time. At which step the phone line is busy and cannot be transferred, that is, wait, maybe twenty minutes, or more than an hour. Finally, the call is connected. Over there. The person calling may not be the person you are looking for, or the call is connected over there, but the line is disconnected here, so all your efforts are in vain.

  Making phone calls is a hassle, and some people have to set aside half a day just to make phone calls.

  However, Gu Shunhua was lucky this time. After only twenty minutes, she heard the postal staff call her name, saying that the call was connected, and told her a number and asked her to go to the small telephone room No. 9.

  The small phone room is a small cubicle. Go in, pick up the phone, and say confirmation, and the call will be connected.

  Even if it was connected, it might not be Ren Jingnian who could hold the phone in the mine. She didn't expect that it would be him who dialed the first time. She thought she would have to call a second time, but who knew, it happened to be Ren Jingnian on the other end of the phone. The sound of competing years.

  "Shun Hua?" A familiar voice sounded clearly.

  When Gu Shunhua heard this, he understood. He had been worried these past few days, so he stayed by the phone as much as possible, waiting for his call.

  Gu Shunhua's nose felt a little sore, and she thought that no matter whether the two of them would part ways in the future, at least at this moment, their interests were the same. In this world, he was the only one who was as eager as herself to give their children a permanent residence.

  She pursed her lips and smiled: "I have received the residence certificate. I will go to the street to apply for residence registration in the afternoon."

  Ren Jingnian on the other end was obviously excited when he heard it: "It finally fell."

  Gu Shunhua: "Well, it went very smoothly. I didn't spend much money."

  The only pair of boots belonged to Su Jianping.

  Ren Jingnian: "Don't be reluctant to spend money. I only paid my salary this month. Give me your address and I will remit it to you."

  Gu Shunhua: "No, I haven't spent much of the money I brought here. You should keep some for yourself."

  Ren Jingnian asked in detail how she and her two children were living. When he heard that they lived in an outhouse, he was silent for a while: "Is it cold in the capital?"

  Gu Shunhua: "Leng, my child and I have to cover ourselves with three layers of quilts. I plan to go back and find a way to get a stove, but I also need coal, and coal requires coal stamps. The supply here is rationed, and it's not easy to get anyway. I can only watch." Let's see. But I think the most important thing now is to have a place of my own."

  Ren Jingnian: "Where do you live?"

  Gu Shunhua: "I have an idea, but it's difficult to handle. I'll look back and think about it later. Now I'll register my household registration first, and I can think about other things slowly."

  Then he asked about Ren Jingnian's situation.

  Ren Jingnian then said that he had already bought study materials to prepare for the exam. If he could successfully pass the exam, he would definitely apply for a university in the capital so that his family could be reunited.

  Gu Shunhua: "When my hukou is settled and I have settled in, I will go to Xinhua Bookstore to see if there are any good review materials here and send them to you."

  Ren Jingnian: "Okay, there is little information here. If there is something suitable, buy some."

  Gu Shunhua smiled: "Okay, I'll watch it. Prepare well and you will definitely pass the exam. Don't worry."

  After hanging up the phone, Gu Shunhua still couldn't help but laugh.

  Now that she could register her child as a registered permanent resident, she would no longer be separated from her child, so she felt that plot developments like those in the book might be avoided.

  So much so that he has a little more confidence in retaining Ren Jingnian.

  After all, he is the father of the child, and there is nothing wrong with him at the moment. If he doesn't do anything wrong to others, he might be able to keep her. If he is a well-off and rich wife, is he no better than the cheap Chen Lu?

  Of course, if I really can't stay, I won't be too sad.

  With this relaxed attitude, Gu Shunhua went back to the alley. It was already noon. During the lunch break, the street office was not working, so she thought about going to the street office to register her residence when noon passed.

  When she entered the courtyard, she heard Qiao Xiuya standing in the middle of the courtyard. She had a newly permed hair, oiled her hair until it was shiny, and wore a woolen scarf. She was spraying white steam and talking: " According to me, if the child's household registration cannot be settled, Shunhua himself will not be able to return to the capital. Shunhua is ruining his good life!"

  Gu Shunhua listened, walked over, and asked directly: "Why did I ruin my good life?"

  Without warning, everyone suddenly heard this and turned around to see Gu Shunhua with an expressionless face.

  After all, he was talking behind someone's back. When Gu Shunhua suddenly appeared like this, everyone was a little shocked.

  Qiao Xiuya was also very embarrassed, but she remembered that she had handled the matter appropriately.

  The manager of the district's food department is named Huang. He has two children and his wife is gone. He is in his forties. Although he doesn't have a few hairs on his head, he is from the district's food department and has a lot of food and water. He usually gets food stamps and food stamps. There is never a shortage of tickets. You can directly adjust what you want. Your life is nourishing and your life is lively.

  That day, Qiao Xiuya went to the district food department to help move the goods. She met Manager Huang and started chatting with him. Manager Huang occasionally mentioned the person he introduced on a blind date and disliked her because she didn't look good enough. Qiao Xiuya felt moved in her heart and felt that she could do it. Helping introduce people, doing a job of keeping a matchmaker and pulling fibers, isn't it just about getting into this relationship.

  Wherever you, Manager Huang, go, you have to recognize me as a matchmaker, right?

  For this reason, she told people that she knew several beautiful girls in their early twenties. They were delayed in going to the mountains and countryside before returning to the city. They were handsome and they were waiting for a blind date.

  When Manager Huang heard this, he became interested and asked Qiao Xiuya to help introduce him.

  Qiao Xiuya began to think about who to introduce to others. She happened to hear Chen Cuiyue talking about her daughter Gu Shunhua coming back and getting divorced. She suddenly had an idea.

  Gu Shunhua was a girl she had seen since she was a child. She was really beautiful, but she was too good at provoking men. Even her own son was once seduced by her. Of course she didn't like it.

  Now that I'm divorced, I still don't know which one to seduce!

  If we could take the opportunity to introduce her to Manager Huang, wouldn't that kill two birds with one stone?

  Qiao Xiuya had this idea in mind, and happened to have a photo at home, which was a photo of her son and several children in the yard, so she took it and showed it to Manager Huang.

  Who knew it was fate? When Manager Huang saw her, he liked her very much. He immediately asked about Gu Shunhua and said that he would definitely thank her if the marriage happened.

  At this time, Qiao Xiuya was a little worried. After all, Gu Shunhua was divorced and she was not a young lady. What if the secret was exposed? What if Manager Huang didn't like her?

  She then praised Gu Shunhua fiercely, saying how well-educated she was, and how she volunteered to join the Inner Mongolia Corps to contribute to the motherland. Anyway, she praised her like a flower. As for the fact that she was married, there was not a word about it. Dare to mention it.

  The other side has already urged her to take the girl to meet her.

  She was so anxious that she wanted to take Gu Shunhua on a blind date immediately, but who knew that Gu Shunhua would have two more children out of thin air!

  He had no choice but to resort to a ruthless move. The two children could not get registered, so Gu Shunhua naturally gave up.

  It happened that her son was given a pair of deep leather boots, which were a good thing. She couldn't bear to let the child go, so Qiao Xiuya asked her son to give the gift so that Gu Shunhua would not lose her hukou no matter what!

  Last night, when her son came back, he was so lost that he couldn't answer anything she asked him. She couldn't help but laugh at it.

  Don't you just feel sorry for Gu Shunhua, a useless guy who doesn't even bother to talk to him?

  At this time, Qiao Xiuya looked at Gu Shunhua's expressionless face and couldn't help but feel funny. She also felt that she deserved it. If she didn't listen to others' advice, she wouldn't be able to get things done.

  I am afraid that if she knows that there is no chance and feels uncomfortable, if she wants to tell her, she will quickly send the child back and go on a blind date with the manager. Wouldn't everything be fine?

  So Qiao Xiuya secretly said that someone was caught red-handed, which was somewhat embarrassing, but thinking about it, it was no big deal. Instead, she deliberately asked: "Shunhua, look at your face, what's going on, but what happened to you?" What happened?"

  When she said this, everyone looked at Gu Shunhua, right? His face was so serious that it could make people cry.

  Why is a pretty girl so sullen?

  Doesn't that mean that things have been messed up and the hukou cannot be obtained?

  At this moment, everyone sympathized with Gu Shunhua, thinking that Qiao Xiuya was well-informed and her son was in the power supply bureau. What they said was true. Gu Shunhua had to force his temper to register his child, but he would not be able to do so.

  Who would have thought that when Gu Shunhua opened his mouth, he said, "Aunt Qiao, can you still guess at the matter of registering?"

  When Gu Shunhua said this, everyone became even more sure. Sure enough, it couldn't be done!

  After all, Aunt Huo was kind and asked worriedly: "What should I do? Can I still find a way out? How about I ask my nephew? He may have a classmate in the Educated Youth Office, but he is not on our street. Maybe he can beat around the bush." Can you help me?"

  Grandma Tong took the big cigarette bag and tapped it on the wall next to her: "What did the Educated Youth Office say? Can it be done after it has been said?"

  When Qiao Xiuya heard the meaning of Gu Shunhua's words, she became proud. What she wanted to do was indeed accomplished. Gu Shunhua's child couldn't get her hukou. With this happening, no matter how hard she tried to scare her, she wouldn't be able to hold her firmly. of?

  She sighed: "Shunhua, when your uncle comes back, we will discuss it. We have watched you grow up, and it makes us feel uncomfortable to see you suffer like this."

  Gu Shunhua then smiled: "Aunt Qiao, I won't bother you anymore."

  Qiao Xiuya: "Me and you, don't be so open-minded. Let's do this. You send the child back first. I've been asking around for the past two days to try and give you some ideas."

  Gu Shunhua already had Qiao Xiuya's pulse, didn't he just want to sell her to the bald Manager Huang? What a beautiful thought! no way!

  At that moment, he deliberately said: "Aunt Qiao, why are you so evil? You didn't follow me to do things. How do you know that I can't do this?"

  There was some pride on Qiao Xiuya's face: "Shunhua, you are a junior after all. You have to know that Aunt Qiao and I have never seen anyone in the cooperative. It's just a matter of passing by. Once you weigh it, you'll know whether it will work or not!"

  Gu Shunhua smiled and said slowly: "Aunt Qiao, those who know know that you have great supernatural powers, and you are the most respected person in our entire courtyard, but those who don't know, thought you knew the director of the Educated Youth Affairs Office, and had already greeted him. You specially made a last for me!"

  As soon as Gu Shunhua said these words, Qiao Xiuya's expression changed, her eyes widened, and she said anxiously: "You kid, how can you talk?"

  Gu Shunhua: "Aunt Qiao, I'm just talking nonsense. As an elder, why are you so serious with me?"

  Qiao Xiuya: "You can crush people to death under your tongue, it's true! Who do you think your Aunt Qiao is, and can she harm you? You can't get your hukou yourself, do you blame me?"

  Her anxious and pale face made everyone in the courtyard look puzzled. Why did she jump right out of the gate when she poked at your concerns? It's really wooden glasses - I can't see through them!

  Gu Shunhua smiled and looked at Qiao Xiuya with a smile: "Aunt Qiao, look at what you said, don't say that I lost my registered permanent residence. Even if I didn't, I can't blame you!"

  Qiao Xiuya: "This is a clear statement at least. If you can't get your hukou, it's all because-"

  She stopped mid-sentence and looked at Gu Shunhua in surprise: "What did you just say? What happened to your household registration?"

  Gu Shunhua: "It's fallen!"

  ah?

  Qiao Xiuya was stunned, she didn't even know what to say: "What does it mean to be left behind?"

  Gu Shunhua smiled: "The Educated Youth Office has approved it. I'll come back and take a nap first. When the street office goes to work in the afternoon, I will register for residence."

  Aunt Huo, who was on the side, had already felt sorry for her, but now she couldn't believe it when she heard this: "Can it be lost? Can the child's household registration be lost too?"

  Gu Shunhua: "The settlement certificate from the Educated Youth Office has been issued and stamped with a big red stamp. I will go to the street office later to go through the formalities."

  The sub-district office will no longer block people. The Educated Youth Office will issue certificates and the sub-district office will just go through the process.

  Aunt Huo listened and slapped her thigh: "This is so good that you can leave it! It's a shame that I was worried about you just now, thinking about what to do about this!"

  Grandma Tong had actually guessed it just now, so she said with a smile: "After the two children, they will be serious people from the capital and from our compound."

  Qiao Xiuya only realized it at this time: "How is it possible? You have two children, and the Educated Youth Office will give you a registered permanent residence? What is the process? What basis do they have for doing this to you?"

  Her voice was so loud it was almost like a question.

  Everyone in the yard was stunned, thinking, what do you mean? As long as you are happy that Shunhua has lost his registered residence, why are you so loud and stingy? Do those who don't know think you have a grudge against Shunhua?

  Gu Shunhua looked at Qiao Xiuya: "What, Aunt Qiao, do you want to drive me out?"

  Qiao Xiuya: "Of course that's not what I meant. I just meant that this matter should not cause any trouble!"

  Gu Shunhua smiled: "I'm divorced and I'm an educated youth in our capital. It's legal and legal to settle down here. If someone with bad intentions really tries to trick me, I'll go all out. I don't know how to do anything else. , but the Inner Mongolia Corps has really mastered it after eight years of training. I picked up a shovel and called you over to open it! By then, no one will have a good life!"

  When she said this, she was still smiling, and her voice was gentle and soft. You couldn't see her ruthlessness just by looking at her appearance, but her eyes were sharp, and she looked sideways at Qiao Xiuya.

  Qiao Xiuya's heart was agitated, and she was actually a little scared, thinking that Gu Shunhua seemed to have seen her thoughts.

  She hurriedly said: "Look what you said, who are you trying to scare? A woman is trying to show off to me like a boss here!"

  Gu Shunhua: "Aunt Qiao, you are an elder. How can I criticize you? I am scolding those evil-minded bugs and dirtying your ears, Aunt Qiao. Don't mind."

  Qiao Xiuya knew that Gu Shunhua had lost her household registration. Her plan was in vain. She was already in trouble, and then she was snatched away by Gu Shunhua. She was like a fool out of thin air. She felt very aggrieved and wondered why this happened. That's it?

  She didn't want to talk to Gu Shunhua, so she said uncomfortably: "It's noon, I have to rest! Whatever you say, as a junior, you are a bit like a junior, don't use our old rules for many years. Lost all the details!"

  After that, she walked back to her house.

  As soon as Qiao Xiuya entered the room, everyone looked at Gu Shunhua in confusion.

  It stands to reason that Gu Shunhua is not ignorant of etiquette. How could he speak directly to an elder like this, unless he really offended her, and the connotation of his words just now seemed like Qiao Xiuya had given her a last.

  Everyone recalled that Qiao Xiuya was only thinking about introducing a partner to Gu Shunhua, and she was also suspicious. Just to introduce someone to someone else, you went to ruin their family affairs and prevent their children from registering in the capital?

  This is really the case, this is too damaging!

  Gu Shunhua knew that everyone was suspicious, but she didn't want to say it clearly. It was not the time to break up with the Su family yet. She still needed them.

  At the moment, he just sighed: "Actually, if you think about it, it will be enough if you can get your hukou. It's useless to think so much. I was stupid for saying that just now. We are all good people in the same compound. Don't think wrongly. !"

  After saying that, he entered the house.

  Everyone must not think wrongly, everyone must not think wrongly, when she said this, everyone would think wrongly.

  So this matter really has something to do with Qiao Xiuya?

  She actually had to give Shun Hua a last name secretly? ?

  Gu Shunhua came over to the door of his house, but there was no one in front of it. No one in the courtyard liked to lock the door, so they just used tree sticks to hang it on the door, which meant that when the family members went out, beware of gentlemen but not villains.

  Gu Shunhua asked the neighbor Huo'er. Aunt Huo had just watched the excitement and was wondering, but seeing Gu Shunhua like this, it was hard to ask, so he said to her: "I haven't seen your father today. Your mother went to Chen Lu's house, and Yuehua took the two children to play on the street."

  What Aunt Huo didn't say was that at noon, Chen Cuiyue came back, and everyone asked her about the two kilograms of pork belly given to her by her brother's house. She felt that her face was not shining, so she excused herself and went to her brother's house, presumably asking. This matter is gone.

  Gu Shunhua then entered the house. He had nothing else to do and couldn't sleep, so he tidied the house and washed the children's things.

  After noon, she guessed that the sub-district office was at work, so she went to the sub-district office with the certificate of return to the city and related materials. When she arrived at the sub-district office, the staff asked, obviously a little confused, why she brought two children with her, but the Educated Youth Office approved it. Well, they didn't have any reason to get stuck, so they handled it quickly.

  This was done quickly. In less than half a day, Gu Shunhua issued a certificate, went to the police station, and finally got a new household registration book. The household registration was also registered in a house in a large courtyard, but it was opened separately for her and her children.

  She held the household registration book and couldn't put it down. The household registration book was covered in kraft paper. The inner page was a permanent population registration form, in which she registered that she had two children. This was a Beijing household registration. From now on, the children would be complete Beijingers.

  Gu Shunhua sighed with contentment. She remembered the changes of the times mentioned in the book, and knew that in the future it would be more and more difficult to obtain a Beijing household registration, and it would become more and more popular, and it would be very convenient for further education and employment.

  She obtained Beijing hukou for her children, which gave them a good starting point.

  The most important thing is, no matter what the nonsense in that book is, she has already taken a completely different path from that book. With her own hands, she can make a good life for herself and her two children. They are well taken care of and will not let them end up like that!

  After getting the household registration book, this was her first turnaround with that book!

  Gu Shunhua carefully put the household registration book into the canvas bag, and returned to the courtyard. As soon as he came back, he saw that the room was steaming, the flames of the briquette stove were licking the bottom of the iron pot, and white steam was coming out of the pot. The steam permeates the dry and cold air, and the fragrance is so fragrant that it makes your mouth water.

  This is the aroma of stewed meat.

  Pushing the door open and entering the house, the room felt like celebrating the New Year. Her uncle Chen Yaotang was there, her aunt Feng Xianer was also there, and Chen Lu was naturally indispensable. Her parents were busy and there was no place to stay in the house.

  The two children were sitting obediently by the bed, holding "drinking honey" in their hands to eat. "Drinking honey" is a dialect, but it is actually frozen persimmons. The persimmons are frozen hard. When eating, they are boiled with cold water and become After it becomes soft, hold it with both hands and suck it. The soft persimmon juice inside will be sucked into your mouth. It is as sweet as honey. Otherwise, it is called "drinking honey".

  The child had eaten this in the mine. Each person was holding a frozen persimmon not much smaller than his own face, puffing up his little cheeks and chewing it vigorously, so that his lips were stained with the soft and sweet persimmon juice. Finally, he still Greedily sucking the smooth and tender persimmon pulp inside.

  When the two children saw Gu Shunhua, they stopped and took half of the frozen persimmons for Gu Shunhua to eat. Gu Shunhua smiled: "Mom, it's not like I haven't eaten this before. You guys go ahead and eat it."

  Gu Yuehua: "I bought seven or eight, sister, let's eat."

  He glanced at Chen Lu and wanted to say that if he didn't eat, it would be free, otherwise it would be in vain to benefit others, but he was afraid that Chen Cuiyue would scold him, so he didn't say anything.

  Gu Shunhua was not in a hurry to eat this. She washed her hands and was about to help cook. As she was talking, she realized that Chen Yaotang and Feng Xianer came over and brought two kilograms of pork belly. However, they were not too disadvantaged. Two kilograms of pork belly, If three people came to eat at home, they would eat at least a pound.

  Gu Quanfu got a few dollars from Chen Cuiyue and ordered three kilograms of pork ribs from a catering company. He can get them tomorrow. Now he can eat meat for the next two days, which is a blessing.

  The dishes and chopsticks were all put away, and they were waiting for the meal. Chen Lu sat next to Gu Shunhua, with an affectionate look on her face, but what she said was asking about her household registration.

  When she asked, the whole family looked over. They had already heard about what happened at noon and were all looking forward to it.

  Gu Shunhua looked at the big guy and smiled: "It's already settled. I've got my household registration book."

  Saying that, he took it out for everyone to see.

  The whole Gu family is naturally happy. They don't have to worry about getting registered. How can they be unhappy? Chen Yaotang and Feng Xian'er are not happy or unhappy at all. Compared with Gu Shunhua's registered residence, they are more concerned about the braised pork ribs and braised pork belly.

  Only Chen Lu was suddenly shocked, as if she had been stabbed secretly.

  She kept an eye on Su Jianping's movements last night and knew that Su Jianping was carrying a pair of deep boots in the direction of Liulichang late at night. She had already guessed what was going on, and looking at Qiao Xiuya's look, she understood that Su Jianping's matter was done.

  So she had already thought about what she should say and persuade Gu Shunhua if he couldn't get the household registration. Anyway, she just talked about it, urging Gu Shunhua to send the child back, and then encouraged Qiao Xiuya to introduce the marriage between Gu Shunhua and Manager Huang, but Manager Huang forced her to do so. , Gu Shunhua met the professor by chance, defected to the professor, married the professor, and everything would develop according to her plot.

  But unexpectedly, I heard that Gu Shunhua's household registration was lost?

  She stared at Gu Shunhua closely, looking at Gu Shunhua in disbelief.

  Gu Shunhua glanced at it, and she noticed Chen Lu's shocked look, and she felt that something was wrong.

  Even if she doesn't hope that she will get better, then she is a bit disappointed. As for being so shocked, it seems like the sky is falling?

  So she thought she would definitely not be able to do it, or was there something that made her confident?

  Gu Shunhua was inexplicably thinking about the plot in the book, making sure that he hadn't missed anything.

  I'm also confused. Are you hoping that you won't be able to get your hukou?

  Chen Lu also thought about this matter over and over again. The more she thought about it, the more her heart grew cold. How could she be allowed to register as a hukou? How could it be possible!

  What's wrong?

  She was full of calculations in her head, but she didn't show a trace of it on her face. Instead, she smiled and said happily: "My sister has lost her household registration. This is a good thing, this is a good thing! It's also thanks to my mother that she cut two kilograms of braised pork." , let's celebrate today and have a good time!"

  Gu Shunhua served his two children with a smile, thinking that he would just listen to her spoken words and see which one she sang.

  Chen Lu: "Sister, how did you end up behind? Tell us carefully. Didn't you say it was difficult to do it before?"

  Gu Shunhua pretended to be stupid and said deliberately: "How did I fall behind? I just went to the Educated Youth Office, talked to someone, begged grandpa to sue grandma, and I sacrificed my face to beg, and they fell behind me."

  Chen Lu: "You didn't give any gifts or anything. Have you found a way?"

  When Gu Shunhua heard this, alarm bells rang in his heart, and he was on guard. This Chen Lu was full of bad intentions and didn't expect her to be well! She was left behind, so she wouldn't cause trouble, right?

  She looked confused: "Giving gifts? Looking for a way? Is there any way for our family?"

  As she said this, she asked Chen Cuiyue: "Mom, is there any way for me to find a way home?"

  Seeing that the braised pork had been stewed, Chen Cuiyue began to take it out of the pot, muttering: "In the early years, your dad could still find a way, but in the past few years, if your dad doesn't take charge, how can he find a way! These people all adapt to the changing circumstances, and their hearts are not as old as they used to be!"

  Gu Shunhua then said: "That's it, there's no way out, they'll be left behind by us anyway."

  Chen Lu wanted to ask again, but Gu Yuehua next to her was no longer worried: "Sister Lu, everyone is so happy. Why are you asking so many questions? It's okay to just fall behind! What, you still hope that my sister won't fall behind?"

  Chen Lu was a little unhappy when Gu Yuehua choked her. She glared at Gu Yuehua: "What do you know? I'm thinking about my sister!"

  Gu Yuehua: "I remember you, sister, just buy a few more kilograms of braised pork! Two kilograms of braised pork, but you can eat back one kilogram!"

  Gu Yuehua spoke so straightforwardly that Chen Lu felt a little suffocated and was too lazy to talk to him.

  Feng Xianer was unhappy, but pretended not to hear it. If you want to eat meat, you have to be thick-skinned.

  Chen Yaotang sat on the chair, tapping the polished chair handle with his fingers, shaking his head, squinting his eyes, probably humming his uncle's ditty.

  At this time, the braised pork came. The braised pork was already stewed to a crisp and shone brightly under the dim light.

  When buying meat, I usually buy fat. Fat meat is more popular than lean meat. It is difficult for ordinary people to buy this kind of high-quality pork belly. They have to rely on connections, because fat pork can not only be used for cooking, but can also be used to make lard. It's very useful.

  It was indeed not easy for Chen Yaotang to get pork belly this time.

  Everyone's stomachs are short of oil and water, and now that they see this crispy and fragrant braised pork, they can't help but drool and stare at it.

  Gu Quanfu was not in a hurry to give up the meal, and let Chen Cuiyue pick up half a bowl of braised pork, and gave it to Grandma Tong. After that, he cooked fried tofu floss himself. It turns out that Jin'er's two kilograms of pork belly came with some pig skins, so he used the pig skins to make oil, and the oil extracted from the pig skins was used to fry tofu floss.

  Gu Quanfu used to be a master chef, and he was very skilled at cooking. When he was cooking, he would hit the iron spoon, the shovel would clang, and the hot oil would sizzle. Hearing that made him appetizing. After a while, the tofu flakes were fried, and the tofu flakes were the same color. Golden, crispy and crispy.

  Chen Cuiyue: "It's time to eat."

  At this time, everyone couldn't wait to take the chopsticks and were already eager to try.

  But before you eat, you have to be polite and humble. You use it first, you use it first.

  After a few polite words, everyone stopped being polite, and all seven pairs of chopsticks reached for the plate of braised pork.

  Gu Shunhua had already spotted it. Two kilograms of braised pork, more or less, cut into such square pieces. Seven adults would only be able to pick up a few chopsticks each, and the rest could only be eaten with soup. , and then eat fried tofu floss. Although the tofu floss is delicious, it is tofu after all.

  Moreover, she has two children, and both of them have to eat. They are so thin, so they have to take supplements.

  Normally, it's just a family member, so it doesn't matter if I miss a bite, but now that Chen Lu's family is here, what I miss will definitely go into their mouths.

  Can you make them cheaper?

  Gu Shunhua focused on the largest piece of braised pork and picked it up. Unexpectedly, Chen Lu also noticed that piece, and the heads of their chopsticks met on the braised pork.

  Gu Shunhua used his hands hard to remove Chen Lu's chopsticks, and then neatly picked up the piece of braised pork and put it into a full bowl.

  After putting it down, she didn't stop and immediately reached out to pick up the second piece.

  When she went to pick up the second piece, Chen Lu was still stunned. Her chopsticks were touched, but she didn't touch them.

  Gu Shunhua watched as her chopsticks reached for a piece of meat. It was a really good piece of meat, filled with a layer of oily red braised pork. She poked it with her chopsticks and hit it directly, and then picked up the piece again.

  Chen Lu suddenly became angry and glared at her: "You--"

  Gu Shunhua ignored her and gave the second piece to Duoduo, then slowly asked for one piece for himself.

  Chen Lu saw that she was only picking up the best pieces of meat, so she had no choice but to suppress her anger for the time being, and quickly grabbed a piece for herself.

  Gu Shunhua took care of the two children, and used a spoon to dig out the tofu and put it in the bowls of the children and himself: "Take the steamed buns, use a spoon to dig out the meat and eat it."

  Manman and Duoduo's eyes lit up when they saw the meat and the crispy tofu floss. When they heard them nodding, they became extremely good-behaved.

  At this time, there is no need for adults to help, the little spoon is used smoothly, and the steamed buns are eaten with big mouthfuls. The little cheeks are bulging, and the food is delicious.

  Only then did Chen Cuiyue think of her children. Children also had to eat, and they couldn't just watch the adults eat. She got up, took a spoon, and scooped out a few pieces of meat from the pot.

  Chen Lu's eyes suddenly lit up when she saw it.

  On this plate of meat, after everyone took a piece of meat, there were actually not a few good pieces left. She was a little disgusted when she saw Chen Cuiyue taking a wooden spoon to scoop it up.

  Her aunt had always loved her, and this was obviously meant for her.

  Besides, she is a guest, and guests should eat more.

  Chen Cuiyue scooped six or seven pieces of meat into the bowl and walked to Chen Lu at the table.

  Chen Lu felt happy, stretched out her hand to take it, and said: "Don't worry, you don't have to pack it for me separately, I can just eat what's left in the bowl -"

  But just in the middle of her words, she saw that Chen Cuiyue had already distributed the bowl of meat directly to the two children, and said in her mouth: "Eat more, eat more to gain more meat. Look at your little faces, how thin they are." Ah, how pitiful!"

  Chen Lu was stunned when she saw that the bowl was empty and only the oil was left.

  Gu Yuehua sneered from the side.

  Chen Lu blushed and said nothing.

  Gu Quanfu raised his head and took a look: "Eat well, everyone, don't be polite."

  This sounds polite, but what it actually means is: eat in peace, don't worry about what you have.

  Gu Shunhua looked at this scene, funny and a little speechless.

  Chen Lu probably thought that she should be favored, and she didn't look at the market. The one on top, Gu Yuehua, was her mother's baby bump, and the two children below, it still hurts her heart to be a grandma.

  Who do you think you are, wanting to eat alone?

  Grandma!

  The author has something to say: The last two words "grandma" are modal particles, which means no way.

  Chapter 16 Chestnut Soup

  Conditions in the Inner Mongolia Corps were poor, and the two children had never remembered eating pork belly since they were born. Now they were satisfied after eating one of them. Gu Shunhua felt relieved when he saw Chen Lu holding back her anger, and the braised pork felt more delicious when she ate it.

  Everyone ate a few pieces of braised pork and felt satisfied. Then they ate the stir-fried tofu floss and they liked it even more. It was just a good way to relieve their tiredness. Except Chen Lu, she didn't grab Gu Shunhua at first, and then she saw Chen Cuiyue eating closely with the two children. I feel a little awkward in my heart, and after that, there will be no more.

  Seven adults and two children, a total of two kilograms of braised pork, and some kilograms would be lost after cooking. I gave Grandma Tong half a bowl, as much as she could, but she actually grabbed some bits and pieces, and later drank some of it in the soup. I ate potatoes and some tofu floss.

  Of course potatoes are not unpalatable, and tofu floss is supposedly a good thing, but after all, it's not as satisfying as large pieces of braised pork!

  She was not very satisfied. Although her stomach was full, her mouth still felt hungry and not enough.

  Speaking of which, she lived in the 21st century in her previous life and had never been short of mouth. At that time, she could not figure out why some people liked to eat pork belly. She thought there was something delicious about the fat. She even thought it was better to be vegetarian.

  Now I am reduced to a book. Although I have become a heroine, I am short of oil and water in my stomach. Once a person is short of oil and water, he will realize that the pursuit of protein and fat is the most instinctive human survival. People with overnutrition will never understand people who are hungry. It feels like she is really greedy for meat!

  I want trembling pork belly, big chunks of meat! That's enjoyable, that's enough!

  Now it is even more uncomfortable to eat braised pork but not be able to enjoy it.

  Moreover, Chen Cuiyue, who always loved her, didn't care about her first, which made her even more uncomfortable.

  This is a golden finger she added for herself. Chen Cuiyue should be the biggest one in the world, so why didn't she give herself braised pork?

  Chen Lu couldn't understand.

  Chen Cuiyue was cleaning up, filling the washed dishes with water and putting them in the cupboard. When she looked up, she happened to see Chen Lu staring at the iron pot next to the coal stove.

  Looking at it like that, I'm so greedy.

  She looked at it and felt a little puzzled. She thought that this child is so old, why is he so greedy?

  But he still said: "Why, are you not full? In fact, a few pieces are enough for each person. If you are still hungry, let's eat some toasted steamed buns."

  When Chen Lu heard this, she felt even more awkward. Why did she ask everyone to eat a few pieces? She was so slow that she really didn't get any.

  She considered whether to tell Chen Cuiyue, after all, this person should only think about being good to her, but after thinking about it, she decided to forget it. After all, the braised pork was gone, and it felt uncomfortable to say goodbye now.

  At this moment, Chen Yaotang was chatting with Gu Quanfu.

  Chen Yaotang was full and felt very comfortable. He sat on an old-fashioned armchair, crossed his feet, and asked Gu Quanfu tentatively: "Brother-in-law, your hotel has never mentioned anything about us?"

  Gu Quanfu held a large jar of catechu in his hand, drank tea slowly, and said casually: "What's the matter?"

  Chen Yaotang squinted his eyes and looked at Gu Quanfu with a smile: "Brother-in-law, who is he? He is very capable and capable. I am really wronging you by asking you to carry vegetables all the time. There must be some arrangement in the organization, right?"

  The reason why Chen Yaotang asked this was that Gu Quanfu used to be a spooner and could not miss his mouth. He could get things back from time to time under his hands. Chen Yaotang had a lot of glory in those years. Later, he was beaten into something. He no longer served the spoons and carried vegetables to others. , this benefit no longer exists.

  Of course, Gu Quanfu could see what his brother-in-law was thinking, and he exclaimed: "What good things happen to me? I'm old, and it's not my turn to do any good things."

  What he didn't say was that the manager actually revealed this meaning when he talked to him a few days ago.

  It seems that after all these years, he has been cautious in doing things, so he has not revealed the truth and is vague. What will happen in the future, we still have to look at the situation and dare not reveal the truth easily.

  In the past few years, haven't there been too many things happening one day and another tomorrow?

  Chen Yaotang was obviously a little disappointed when he heard what Gu Quanfu said, so he just laughed and let it go.

  Gu Shunhua was already preparing to go to the outhouse with his child in his arms. When he heard this, he sneered in his heart, thinking that the book was so true!

  In that book, her uncle can be regarded as a man who can manage things. A few years after the reform and opening up, he met the big businessman Luo Minghao, who invested in him, and they opened a restaurant together. The person in charge wanted to invite his father over, but his father didn't want to go, so he had no choice but to invite Gao Ming. After that, he found a way to make the imperial meal eight delicacies banquet, but his father was so angry when he saw it. , saying that the imperial banquet with eight delicacies is his special skill, you can't do it, and you went to make trouble just for this, and you were beaten out later.

  --This is what is said in that book.

  But in fact, her uncle is just an old gunner, walking around with birds in a cage with nothing to do. How can he open a restaurant? As for Luo Minghao, whom Chen Yaotang knew, he was a man who was a good businessman. He talked about people and ghosts, but his character was not up to par. How could he still be a big businessman?

  Gu Shunhua was originally confused about the plot in the book and felt that it was impossible based on the reality.

  Now when she heard what her uncle said, she understood that it was written that way in the book, and things developed that way. It was just that Chen Yaotang and Luo Minghao were whitewashed in the book.

  In her opinion, it was actually her uncle, a local ruffian, who brought the famous rabbit of Yushan Bazhen Banquet into the mill - pretending to be a big-eared donkey and cheating. He just happened to catch up with Luo Minghao, and the two of them were together in the same place. .

  But how could Luo Minghao and Chen Yaotang have seen the Royal Banquet of Eight Treasures, how could they know how to cook, and where did the so-called "ancestral recipes" in their book come from?

  Gu Shunhua guessed something from Chen Yaotang's behavior today, that is, Chen Yaotang deceived his father and cheated him of his father's unique skill. Then he used this unique skill to run restaurants and create gimmicks, and then tricked his father and severely cheated him. ?

  Otherwise, with his father's cautious temper, he would never be able to provoke an old man like Chen Yaotang!

  Gu Shunhua couldn't help but sneered when he thought of this.

  I don't know who wrote this nonsense novel. I'm afraid my brain was kicked by a donkey. Why did I write all this? Calling black things white and white things black, why do you always favor Chen Lu's family in everything?

  If the author were here, she would really want to give him a big slap in the ear!

  ****

  Gu Shunhua lost her household registration, and the old neighbors in the courtyard heard about it. Apart from the surprise, they were naturally happy. After all, they had watched her grow up, and the child was back in full. This was a happy event. Who wouldn't be happy for her?

  But Qiao Xiuya was so angry that her heart, liver, and lungs ached. She was also puzzled. She couldn't figure out why she lost her hukou. Didn't Jianping of her family go to Director Chen and tell them that they couldn't give their children a hukou? ?

  Yesterday, Jianping came back and was covered in dog shit. She was not angry at the time, but she also asked how things went. Jianping was vague and said that he had given his boots to someone else.

  After giving it to others, she felt relieved.

  These days, everyone is honest, and there is no one who refuses to do things for others after taking things. Besides, if you don't do it, it is natural, but if you do, it will be weird.

  But who knew that in such a sudden change, Gu Shunhua's household registration would actually be lost?

  Gu Shunhua lost his household registration, what should he tell Manager Huang? She didn't lose the winter melon soup that was promised to her for nothing!

  She ran back to the house angrily, and happened to see her son Su Jianping coming back, squatting on the ground and polishing his three-jointed leather shoes. When she saw the three-jointed leather boots, she thought of the labor protection leather boots issued by her work unit, and she became even more angry.

  "What's going on? Did you give those boots to Director Sun? Why didn't things happen? How did she lose her hukou? She took her child to get her hukou. How am I going to deal with the matchmaking thing?"

  The promised young lady turned into a divorced procrastinator. How could she have the nerve to tell others!

  In fact, Su Jianping had known that his mother would know, but he was just trying to evade it vaguely, and he was just trying to get away with it. If things didn't work out, wouldn't he just hide it?

  But now I heard my mother say this, knowing that Gu Shunhua's registered permanent residence was lost, I felt depressed, and hearing my mother say that, I also felt a little angry: "It's a mess!"

  Qiao Xiuya: "It's a failure? Didn't you say they accepted it?"

  Su Jianping also felt uncomfortable and was so angry that he slapped the three-jointed leather shoes there: "I went over to deliver the boots, but I didn't arrive at the right time, and I happened to run into Gu Shunhua."

  He immediately told how he met Gu Shunhua and how he was used by Gu Shunhua.

  Qiao Xiuya was stunned when she heard it. She hadn't tasted it for a long time.

  Later, I finally figured it out, and I was so angry that I yelled: "Are you being fooled by others like this? Are you stupid?"

  Su Jianping was also angry: "Then what should I do? Get caught by someone? If I don't follow her, how can she make a fuss about it? Do I still have any shame if I make such a fuss?"

  Qiao Xiuya was stunned: "You can think of another way!"

  Su Jianping was extremely angry, but he didn't dare to speak loudly, lest others hear it, and he would lose all face if the news spread, so he could only say in a low voice: "I have thought of other ways, and now everyone's household registration has been lost." Now, what else can I do?"

  Qiao Xiuya felt helpless when she thought about it, but she felt aggrieved no matter what. She had been so proud all her life, but she didn't expect that Gu Shunhua had eaten a piece of roast chicken. She was really unhappy and it felt so bad.

  It happened that at this time, I heard the Gu family's movements again. The family seemed to be eating braised pork. The smell wafted out, and it was really delicious.

  She stamped her foot: "I have remembered this matter, and I am not done with their family!"

  Gu Shunhua carried the two children to the outhouse. There was no wind that night, and it wasn't snowing anymore. He ate braised pork, big steamed buns, and drank hot soup, which made his whole body feel comfortable.

  She had already filled a hot water bottle and put it under the quilt to keep warm. Now she got in with her two children, one on each side, holding the two soft babies, feeling relaxed both physically and mentally.

  The two kids were also a little excited, chattering and saying childish things.

  Gu Shunhua smiled and asked, "Is the braised pork delicious?"

  The two children said in unison: "It's delicious!"

  Gu Shunhua: "Your grandpa said he would buy you braised pork ribs tomorrow. The tickets have already arrived."

  However, this matter has not been discussed with Chen Yaotang and his family today, probably because he does not want them to come and eat.

  When they heard the ribs, both children started laughing, hugging her arm affectionately and smiling with satisfaction in their eyes and faces.

  Gu Shunhua asked the children again if they would like to play with the children in the yard. Both children were willing, saying that the children in the yard were very kind to them.

  Gu Shunhua was relieved now.

  If children can play well and have a few friends, it will also be good for their mental health.

  She planned to leave the children to Grandma Tong to take care of them tomorrow. In fact, she would just let them run around and play in the yard, just in case anything happened.

  As for her, she went to the Educated Youth Office and then to the Housing Management Office.

  She was an educated youth who went to the countryside. She worked in the countryside for eight years and guarded the border areas. Normally, these eight years would count as seniority. Now that she is back in the city, she needs to have some organizational arrangements.

  She knew it was difficult to find a job now, after all, too many people had returned to the city at once, but Gu Shunhua thought that no matter how hard it was, no matter how little money she had, she still had to go out and earn some money.

  **********

  At noon the next day, Gu Quanfu indeed brought back the ribs. Chen Cuiyue liked it so much when she saw it. Gu Quanfu glanced at her and said, "It's just these few kilograms of ribs that have shrunk after being stewed. How about you cook them again?" If they call the whole family over, our children won't be able to eat more than a few bites."

  Chen Cuiyue hesitated after hearing this. She remembered Chen Lu's greedy look at the pot last night.

  She didn't understand why she was still so greedy after eating a large piece of braised pork. You said she was so greedy for a child, who could afford it?

  She used to think that Chen Lu was a good child, sensible and obedient, but now--

  She wanted to think about it carefully, but her mind was confused for a while, her whole body felt uncomfortable, her whole body seemed to be exhausted, and she felt terribly uncomfortable.

  Gu Quanfu: "Shunhua came back recently. In fact, I have been thinking about it. I just can't understand why our Shunhua had such a bad fate and suffered so many grievances. Many things in the past, when I think about them now, I feel confused. , I don't understand why it was like that in the first place, why didn't I stop you when you asked Shunhua to go to the countryside? I don't understand what I was thinking about at the time."

  When Chen Cuiyue heard this, she was suddenly startled. Gu Quanfu's words were like a flaming chopstick that swung into her heart, frightening her greatly.

  She actually said subconsciously: "What's going on? What's going on? Isn't this good? Chen Lu's child is so good and has a kind heart. Isn't this what it should be?"

  When Gu Quanfu heard this, he was stunned, stared at his wife, held it in for a long time, and finally said: "What the hell are you farting? Okay, what's wrong? Look at that greedy look last night, so little The child took one more bite and her eyes were still staring!"

  Chen Cuiyue opened and closed her mouth. She just felt that her head was dizzy. She felt that what Gu Quanfu said made sense, and it really shouldn't be. The child was so young, how could an adult be as knowledgeable as a child.

  But, but that's Chen Lu. Isn't Chen Lu right? Isn't Chen Lu a good boy?

  Gu Quanfu glanced at her, a little annoyed.

  He has always had a good temper, but last night Chen Yaotang probed him about his work, which made him unhappy.

  He then said in a serious voice: "That's it, let's eat the ribs ourselves and don't call that relative of yours!"

  Chen Cuiyue was stunned, her eyes widened, and she didn't say a word. However, she still felt awkward. She didn't know why. She always wanted to be nice to Chen Lu. The thought that she couldn't give the ribs to Chen Lu made her feel uncomfortable. She felt terribly uncomfortable.

  Finally she sighed: "Forget it, you make the decision, I can't do it anymore, I feel uncomfortable, I have no energy..."

  With that said, he simply lay down on the bed.

  When Gu Yuehua came out humming a song, he saw his mother lying on the bed: "What's wrong with mom? Is she sick?"

  Gu Quanfu was angry: "She's not sick physically, but she's sick in her heart. Leave her alone!"

  Gu Yuehua was even more puzzled: "What's wrong?"

  Chen Cuiyue: "I'm fine, just lying down."

  Gu Yuehua said oh, and went over to see if nothing was wrong. It didn't look like he had a fever, so he left it alone. Soon Gu Shunhua brought the two children over. When he saw it, he was naturally puzzled. After asking, he said it was okay, so he got busy.

  At this time, the ribs have been stewed. After opening the pot, the aroma of the ribs spreads with the heat. It is so fragrant!

  Gu Shunhua: "Dad, give two yuan to Grandma Tong."

  Gu Quanfu nodded: "Okay, send it over."

  Grandma Tong was a nice person. When she was exercising, Gu Quanfu almost had an accident. At that time, Grandma Tong herself suffered a lot, but she still helped to cover it up. Because of this, Gu Quanfu owes Grandma Tong a debt of gratitude.

  Gu Shunhua was very happy. When she was a child, she loved to bring food to Grandma Tong in a bowl. Maybe she already understood that this was a "good thing".

  Moreover, Grandma Tong is an old-school person and is a bit particular. Every time she brings a bowl of delicious food, she will never return the bowl empty and always give her some delicious food.

  After she came back like this, she gave a share of the delicious food to her brothers, and everyone was happy.

  Nowadays, Gu Shunhua certainly doesn't have the childlike mentality he had when he was a child, but delivering ribs to Grandma Tong is still a good job.

  She took a few pieces of pork ribs and brought them to Grandma Tong's house. Grandma Tong was feeding the old cat water. When she saw her, she smiled and asked her to sit down. She said with a smile: "My old bones are really good at eating." Yes, your dad's craftsmanship is amazing!"

  While she was talking, the old cat next to her was wagging its tail and licking the water with its little tongue.

  Gu Shunhua's eyes fell on the bowl the cat drank from. It was a half-new bowl with old rice scabs stained on it. From Gu Shunhua's memory, the cat had always used this bowl. Bowl for drinking water.

  It was later mentioned in the book that this bowl turned out to be an antique. It was said that it was used in the palace and was worth a lot of money. In the book, Chen Lu saw the bowl, recognized it, and gave it to Grandma Tong. I need some money to buy that bowl, but Grandma Tong is unwilling to sell it.

  Who would have known that later, when Grandma Tong ran into trouble and was anxious for money, she ended up selling the bowl to Chen Lu.

  What happened to Grandma Tong was not detailed in the book, but Gu Shunhua remembered that the price of the bowl was one hundred and forty yuan.

  Chen Lu turned around and sold the bowl to a Hong Kong businessman for 13,000 yuan.

  Thirteen thousand, looking at it today, that is simply an unimaginable amount of money!

  She wanted to remind Grandma Tong to put the porcelain bowl away, but think about it, Grandma Tong knew it, and knew that the porcelain bowl was valuable.

  She was born in the royal family. Even if she has gone through a lot, it is possible that she has some good things hidden under her hands. She feeds the cat this bowl every day, probably for this reason, so that no one will find out.

  I reminded myself, but it was unnecessary.

  It's better to live a good life by yourself and live a good life. When something happens to Grandma Tong, you can help her and prevent Chen Lu from taking advantage of Grandma Tong's situation.

  After thinking about it, I chatted a few words with Grandma Tong. When she talked about her plan, Grandma Tong naturally agreed: "Don't worry about it, let's have something to do first."

  Gu Shunhua asked Grandma Tong to take care of her, and Grandma Tong naturally didn't say anything.

  When she came back, Grandma Tong put chestnut soup in Gu Shunhua's bowl: "This is what your Master Pan brought me last time. Take it quickly!"

  Gu Shunhua knew Grandma Tong's temperament and was not polite. He just smiled and said, "Master Pan has always taken care of you and is so kind to you!"

  As for Mr. Pan, he has some background. It was said that his old man was an inkstone worker in the imperial palace. Later, after the Qing Dynasty ended, he lived in a pen shop in Liulichang and did some repair and engraving business. Mr. Pan Naturally, he inherited his father's craftsmanship, and now works as an inkstone worker in a pen shop, and his life is considered comfortable.

  However, this child-beater has a stubborn temper and a strong-willed attitude. No one can control him. He is now several decades older and is not married. He is just a bachelor. When he is not at work, he carries the bird cage and walks around with the birds. Doing boxing in the Temple of Earth makes your life smooth.

  Because he was a capable boss back then, and when trouble happened in the courtyard, he was the one who took the lead. As time went by, everyone called him Yezi, that is, he was an official without a title in the courtyard.

  But this Mr. Pan has always taken care of Grandma Tong. In the past, there were rumors that the boy was unmarried and the girl was unmarried, but everyone passed it around and there was no movement from the person involved, so no one mentioned it.

  Now that Gu Shunhua said this, Grandma Tong laughed and scolded: "Look at your mouth, be careful I won't let you in!"

  Gu Shunhua hurriedly smiled and begged for mercy, and returned with chestnut soup. This chestnut soup is also a specialty of old Beijing. It is made of chestnut powder, red date powder and lotus root powder. It tastes soft and fragrant, and there is a faint fragrance of chestnuts in the mouth.

  Gu Shunhua took it back and put it aside. He shared a few with Gu Yuehua and his children before eating at home.

  Gu Quanfu's stewed pork ribs were so crispy that the bones and meat seemed to melt in your mouth. The two children ate with their cheeks bulging: "It's delicious, it's delicious!"

  Gu Shunhua couldn't help but look at her mother: "Mom, get up and eat too."

  Chen Cuiyue sighed and finally got up: "I'm not lucky. I finally have ribs at home, but my head hurts."

  But even though he said that, he still ate it, after all, it tasted really good!

  After dinner, Gu Shunhua talked to the two children again, brought them over to Grandma Tong, then put on his hat and went out.

  I first went to the housing management office and told them my difficulties: "Now that I'm back in the capital, I'm living in my parents' house with my two children, and I can't live there at all."

  Upon hearing this, the housing management office also had a headache: "We can't solve this problem for the time being. The educated youth who have returned in large numbers don't have a house to live in. Even if we want to help you solve the problem, where can we get a house?"

  Gu Shunhua actually didn't expect the housing management office to allocate a house to her. Thinking of such a good thing was just a dream, but she had other plans.

  So she said: "I live alone in a shack in the yard with my two children. It snowed heavily a few days ago and my toes were almost frozen off. Comrade, even if we don't divide the houses, can you help me solve it?" Are you having difficulty at the moment?"

  The comrade from the housing management office frowned when he heard this: "Can't you live in your parents' house?"

  Gu Shunhua: "I have an elder brother in my mother's family. My elder brother has married his sister-in-law and he will come back soon. My younger brother also has to go on a blind date and get married. The family is only twelve square feet."

  As soon as she talked about the situation at home, the comrades in the housing management office understood that this was the reality.

  There were so many educated youths who went to the countryside, and they left and came back again. They were still teenagers when they left, and they were in their twenties when they came back. They happened to be getting married, and all of a sudden their work and housing needs came. , but how can we accommodate so many? So it has to be crowded. It is common for a family of more than a dozen and three generations to be crowded into a small bungalow.

  The comrade from the housing management office had no choice but to say: "Comrade, this is the situation now. You should work hard to overcome the difficulties."

  Gu Shunhua's eyes turned red after hearing this: "Comrade, it's okay for me to overcome the difficulties myself, but my children are only over two years old. If they are left to freeze all day, I can't overcome it! I cover my children with three layers of quilts every day when they sleep. , but they still shouted cold."

  The comrade from the housing management office was an old man in his forties, an old-fashioned man. When he saw the red circles in the woman's eyes, he was a little at a loss: "What should I do?"

  Gu Shunhua thought for a while and then said: "Comrade, do you think this will work? Our shack is really unfit for people to live in. It's too cold and makes people uncomfortable. If it continues like this, I'm afraid people will freeze to death. What if I I froze to death when I returned to the city. If word spreads, the higher-ups will say that our housing management office is not doing well, right?"

  The comrade from the housing management office was frightened: "Comrade, please don't talk nonsense. If there are any difficulties, we will discuss them slowly. Don't talk about whether we will die or not."

  Gu Shunhua: "Okay, let's not say that. I'm thinking about whether you can approve me to build a house in the yard. It doesn't need to be big, just six or seven square meters. It will be enough for our mothers to live in. I'm satisfied." ."

  Comrade from the housing management office: "Building a house? This matter is not that simple. Where do the materials come from, and where do the land come from? Is building a house just a matter of words?"

  Gu Shunhua had already figured it out: "I will figure out the materials for the house myself. I don't need any help from you. All we need is your nod to let us build it. Don't let us build it and you have to demolish it by then, then we will be satisfied." "

  She actually had an idea when she proposed this.

  Because in this era, everyone can still build and expand their own houses. There is no way, if there are too many people in the family to live in, can you hang people on the wall? The only thing we can do is to quietly expand outwards, expand, and the big guys will just live like this without mentioning it from above.

  In a few years, those who built privately and randomly will actually be recognized by the superiors in disguise, and some compensation will be given when they are demolished in the future.

  Of course, Gu Shunhua didn't expect compensation in a few years. She was thinking about it now, sacrificing her face and doing everything she could to carve out a room for her child in this large courtyard, so that she could have her own shelter from the wind and rain.

  No matter how small they are, at least they have their own tile above their head, a place where they can live and work, and a home.

  Ren Jingnian will be prosperous again in the future. He will change his temper and his heart. No matter how rich he is, he and his children will not have to live with him.

  When the comrades from the housing management office heard this, they hurriedly said: "We won't do that kind of immoral thing, but you have to think about it. There are so many families in the yard. If you want to build a house, other people will not be happy and they will quarrel. When the time comes, It will be difficult for us."

  Gu Shunhua heard the meaning of these words and knew that it was almost done, so he smiled and said: "Comrade, how about this? I will write an application to build a room in our compound. The size must not exceed eight square meters. I After writing it, ask every household in our compound to sign for me. If everyone signs, you will give me a stamp here and agree to let me seal it. As for how I seal it, it is my own business."

  The comrade from the housing management office thought for a while, then went in to discuss with the back room, and finally came out and said: "If you want to build a house, as long as the yard agrees, we will definitely not be able to control it, but if you want us to stamp it, there is no precedent for this, so this will not work."

  Gu Shunhua was helpless. The comrades in the housing management office were not vegetarians and were very vigilant. After all, she had not gotten around her. After all, it was stamped and the nature was different.

  She had no choice but to say: "Well, let's do this. When the time comes, I'll ask everyone in the compound to sign their signatures for me. I'll bring them over for you to check over. If you think it's ok, we'll sign them without sealing them. Is that okay?"

  Comrades from the housing management office nodded repeatedly: "Then we definitely don't have to say anything!"

  Gu Shunhua felt completely relieved after hearing this. Her house was secured.

  The author has something to say: Explanation of terms: chewing wraps = chewing grain = living expenses

  At this time, real estate properties were divided into several types, such as the heroine's courtyard, which was actually a house owned by the housing management office. This kind of house only has the right to live in it and is not allowed to be bought or sold. But even so, when the demolition later came, the demolition was still divided into several houses with high compensation. Some people even did small business and occupied a random land on the roadside to build shacks. As long as they could keep occupying it, they would also be demolished later. Made a fortune.

  Specifically, the Hutongs in Dashilan were rumored to be demolished around 2006, but it was very difficult because the cost was too high, the return risk was too great, and the place was too close to a certain sea and the height was restricted. At that time, many people were crazy about moving their household registrations to houses of a few square meters in large courtyards. A 10-square-meter house could have the household registration of all relatives of the family, but it was not demolished until about two years ago, when Dashilan Hutong was finally demolished (why am I so worried I know because I have a relative who lives in Dali Hutong)

  In addition to the houses in the housing management office, there are several other types of houses, such as those with private title deeds before liberation, and new title deeds after liberation. These can be bought and sold, and are permanent property rights. They can also be allocated by units later, and the units have ownership rights. At first it belonged to the work unit, but later it became privately owned after a small amount of money was paid for the housing reform.

  Those small privately owned courtyard houses were once very cheap. I remember around 2010, it was just over a million yuan for a 10-square-meter house. There were no purchase restrictions (this was not commercial housing), and it was in a good school district. Of course, it later became very expensive and doubled several times. The "aisle school district housing" that was once very popular in Beijing was the result of this kind of output.

  Our heroine will buy a courtyard house later! !

  Chapter 17 Phone Porridge

  Gu Shunhua left the housing management office in a particularly happy mood.

  In fact, after she came back, she found a low shed on the roadside. She was puzzled at first, but later she realized that it was a simple earthquake shed.

  A few years ago, the Tangshan earthquake also affected the capital. At that time, she sent a telegram to her family to ask, saying that there were cracks in a wall in their yard, but fortunately nothing serious happened.

  However, after being frightened by this, simple earthquake shelters were erected in the streets and alleys, and their courtyard was no exception. Every family chose a place to build one. In the past two years, everyone no longer thought about earthquakes, and some earthquake shelters were demolished. However, her house has not been demolished yet. The open space between her house and Su Jianping's house is now mainly used to store debris, including her house's house and some bits and pieces from Su's house.

  She had observed that the piece of land was very small. Although it was not a regular shape, it was still such a small piece of land. If you squeezed it tightly, you could build a hut of about six square meters.

  She had already tasted the temperament of each family in the courtyard. Everyone was a kind-hearted person. She was living a difficult life now. When she talked about the difficulties, everyone should agree.

  After all, the land was originally used by her family to build an earthquake-proof shelter, and no one else could use it. If she built it into a house, it would not hinder anyone else, but mainly the Su family.

  In fact, the Su family is also thinking about this land and wants to build a house. Judging from some clues mentioned in the original book, they will mention this matter in the past few months. After mentioning it, everyone has no objection. Although their parents were a little unhappy, they couldn't say anything, so the Su family demolished their simple earthquake-proof shed and built a house on the spot. That land later became their family's.

  Gu Shunhua decided to strike first to gain advantage.

  The Su family will naturally object, but she doesn't expect to solve the problem in a nice way. If she tells Su Jianping about wearing boots first, the people they want to see may agree. What if they don't agree? I had no choice but to fight.

  Gu Shunhua has already thought about this matter over and over. For her, the biggest obstacle is the housing management office. The housing management office has no objection. She has made an agreement with everyone in advance. In the winter, she will save materials and pile them up to occupy the land. We can build a house in the spring of next year.

  She took the bus again and went to the Educated Youth Office. When she mentioned her work, Director Sun felt worried when he saw her. He was really afraid of her.

  When it comes to work, Director Sun asked her to fill out a form to register. After registering, she can be queued, and she will be given a notice when the job is scheduled.

  Gu Shunhua hurriedly filled out the form, spoke a few words with Director Sun, inquired about the news, and then left.

  After leaving the Educated Youth Office, Gu Shunhua went straight to the telephone exchange.

  If the housing management office relents, then she will build this house at all costs. If other families in the courtyard are unwilling, she will give them some compensation appropriately. What if the Su family is unwilling?

  That would be easy.

  The children from Beijing in the Inner Mongolia Corps went to the countryside together. People called them "gaiyou". "Gaiyou" was someone who survived eating in a pot and sleeping in a shack. Most people can't understand this feeling. "Just say hello, everyone will try their best to do what they can.

  If the Su family really wanted to fight with them, they would have to be aggressive and call a group of "friends" to take advantage of others.

  So Gu Shunhua has everything figured out now, and the only thing he has to worry about is how to build a house.

  Speaking of which, I have to be grateful for these eight years of living outside the Great Wall.

  When she left, she wanted city kids like them to go to the vast rural areas to receive training. After surviving these eight years, she would have received training.

  When I first arrived in Inner Mongolia, I didn't even have a house, so I lived in a temporary thatched shed. Later, in order to build a house, I did nothing but dig graves and remove coffin boards!

  It sounds immoral to say this, but the conditions were like this. If you didn't dig the grave and remove the coffin boards, you would freeze to death. Besides, at that time, everyone believed in materialism and thought it was no big deal.

  So now, in Gu Shunhua's mind, she could figure out that in order to support the house, she would need loess, lime, bricks, and wood as purlins.

  As for bricks, she knew that Lei Yongquan had connections with the brick factory and should be able to help her solve it. She could borrow a trolley to haul the loess herself to Daxing in the suburbs. In the past, before the liberation, many loess collectors came to see where the holes in the city wall were exposed, and took the opportunity to dig up the loess and sell it. This would definitely destroy cultural relics, but this method would not starve to death. After the liberation, the city wall was not allowed to be dug. Immediately There are rules, but no one cares about the soil in the suburbs, so you can dig as you like.

  She can ask Wang Xinrui's father to find a solution for lime. She remembers that Wang Xinrui's relatives used lime to build houses, so Wang Xinrui's father helped get some. If there is no tiles, she can use tarpaulin or grass instead. Anyway, put them first. The house is propped up, even if it is not good enough, we can find ways to repair it in the future.

  The only thing that is difficult to deal with is wood, which is in short supply right now.

  In the past two years, a large number of educated youth have returned to the city. When the educated youth return to the city, they have reached the age of marriage. No matter how poor the conditions for marriage are, they still need furniture.

  But buying furniture also requires a ticket. Furniture tickets are planned by the Materials Bureau and distributed to each unit. The unit then gives them to individuals, and they are only issued once a year.

  The tickets for furniture are still calculated separately. There are different tickets for different types of chairs, round tables and chests of drawers. Even beds are divided into single bed tickets and double bed tickets, and wardrobes are also divided into large wardrobe and chest of drawers.

  Furniture tickets are so difficult to buy, so the trend of buying furniture has arisen.

  But you also need wood to make furniture, and where does the wood come from? The Eight Immortals crossed the sea, and everyone has thought of all the tricks that people can think of. Anyway, almost all the wood in and around the capital city has been looted, and some people even took some old The coffin board at the head of the grave was also dug out.

  At this time, whoever can get the wood is the master.

  Because of this, Gu Shunhua certainly did not expect to get wood in the capital. She set her sights on the Daxinganling forest area.

  There is a reason for thinking about Daxinganling.

  There are six divisions under the Inner Mongolia Corps. Three divisions are located in the southwest of Inner Mongolia, including the Bayannur League where they are located. There are also three divisions mainly stationed in the Xilingol League in the central area. However, part of the Sixth Division is in a place called The Ulagai Farm is located in the northeastern part of Inner Mongolia, bordering the Aershan Mountains and the Daxingan Mountains to the east, where large tracts of birch forests grow.

  In the past, all the wood needed by the Corps to build houses was uniformly dispatched by Ulagai and distributed to various parts of the Corps. Later, the Corps was cancelled, and the original farm belonged to the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Farm and Ranch Administration. However, in the past, the delivery and dispatch mode of birch wood has always been Reserved.

  Because Ren Jingnian can drive, he often transports sugar beets and local specialties to Liuzhao Railway Station. After unloading the wood, the freight trucks that transport wood will transport the entire truckload of sugar beets to Ulagai Farm. In one accident, he saved The dispatcher was grateful to him for his fate.

  Because he almost lost his life that time, the other party was transferred to be responsible for the freight dispatching of the Ulagai Railway.

  There are large tracts of timber in Daxinganling, and a friend who is in charge of railway dispatching makes it not difficult to get the timber.

  Gu Shunhua walked into the post office and wrote a phone bill. After waiting for thirty minutes, his name was called and the number of Wuyuan Mine was dialed.

  This time she was not as lucky as last time. After dialing, it was not him who answered the call. After Gu Shunhua explained who she was calling, the other party asked her to call back later, saying that Ren Jingnian was outside and called immediately.

  Gu Shunhua hung up the phone first.

  The phone bill is very expensive, and Gu Shunhua is very frugal. Of course, he doesn't dare to call again casually, for fear that if Ren Jingnian doesn't come back after calling him, the phone bill will be wasted.

  So she waited for almost twenty minutes before filling out the phone form again, filling in the city and phone number. But who knew, she still didn't get through after waiting for twenty minutes this time.

  Gu Shunhua went over to ask, and the operator said angrily: "The city switchboard is occupied and we are queuing up, just wait!"

  Gu Shunhua lost his temper and could only wait patiently. This time I waited for half an hour and finally got through. It had been more than an hour since Gu Shunhua called for the first time.

  Fortunately, after the call was connected, it was Ren Jingnian over there. It was obvious that Ren Jingnian had been staying by the phone.

  "Did something happen?" Ren Jingnian's voice was tense.

  Don't blame him for overthinking it. He called her just the day before yesterday and again today. The phone bill was so expensive. She wouldn't call him casually if it was nothing important.

  When Gu Shunhua heard his voice, he smiled: "It's done."

  Ren Jingnian: "What was accomplished?"

  Gu Shunhua said with a little pride in his tone: "It's a matter of household registration."

  Ren Jingnian: "Can the child's household registration be lost?"

  Gu Shunhua: "It went very smoothly. I have obtained the household registration book. My child and I are both behind."

  Ren Jingnian was silent for a moment and then said: "Very good, you can rest assured now."

  No matter what, the child's household registration is settled in the capital, which means that the child is a native of the capital and does not have to live in the mines.

  These days, the relationship between household registration and food is extremely important, and it can choke people to death.

  Gu Shunhua: "I accomplished one thing today."

  Ren Jingnian: "What?"

  Gu Shunhua said with a smile: "I went to the housing management office to ask about building a house."

  With that, he told the result of his discussion with the housing management office.

  Ren Jingnian: "Then you think of a way to buy something and give some gifts to the neighbors in the courtyard, otherwise you are afraid that others will not agree."

  Gu Shunhua: "I understand, we are all old neighbors who have known each other since childhood. I can feel everyone's pulse, but wood is needed to build a house. The capital is too short and I can't get wood."

  Ren Jingnian said: "This is easy to handle. I'll call Lao Xu and tell him to ask him to find a way to help solve it. This shouldn't be difficult. I've contacted him before and he said that he is now in charge of lumber factories across the country. Freight dispatch."

  Gu Shunhua: "That's great. Talk to him and help solve the problem as much as possible. You don't need a lot, just a few that can be used as purlins."

  The two people just discussed the wood matter, and as they talked, they mentioned the current situation.

  Somehow, both of them fell silent and remained silent.

  The divorce was to allow Gu Shunhua to return to the city smoothly. Now that Gu Shunhua's household registration has been lost, and his children's household registration has been lost, he can supposedly remarry.

  In the end, it was Ren Jingnian who spoke first: "It's up to you."

  Gu Shunhua heard the hesitation in his voice.

  Is he afraid that he won't remarry him?

  Gu Shunhua held the phone and was silent for a long time.

  How about Ren Jingnian? Gu Shunhua only had one word in his heart, good.

  The remote and desolate Bayannur, the vast Yinshan Desert, is the place where a young man and woman met and fell in love. In their most beautiful years, they walked hand in hand, trusting and relying on each other, forming a family, and raising children.

  For the subsidy of 40 cents a day in the mine, their family moved to the mine. It was difficult but they were hopeful. They believed that the family would always be together and felt that as long as they worked hard, they would be able to live a good life.

  The small family lives their lives with all their strength, but they don't know that their insignificant happiness is just background information brushed in black and white in the book.

  Not even a single extra word.

  When she learned the truth in the book, she panicked and was so anxious to find a way for her children to survive that she couldn't care about him or her own mood.

  Now that her household registration has been settled and her house has plans, she finally has time to think about him.

  He is the male protagonist in this book, and he is destined to be with Chen Lu, but she is actually very lazy and afraid, and does not want to be implicated by them, nor does she want to get involved with them.

  It is wise to take your children away from them and let them love you as they please.

  However, Gu Shunhua couldn't get over the hurdle of conscience, nor could he overcome his own heart.

  After all, at least Ren Jingnian has not done anything to regret him. He is still attached to him in his heart, and he abandoned him so cruelly. If he really ends up with Chen Lu later, shouldn't he think that he was forced to do so?

  Besides, such a good man is quite capable, so why should he take advantage of Chen Lu?

  So Gu Shunhua finally said: "Ren Jingnian, what do you mean?"

  Ren Jingnian on the other side of the phone: "What?"

  Gu Shunhua said deliberately: "Did you have the intention to leave me alone after the divorce and find a good one by yourself?"

  Ren Jingnian obviously frowned and said in a deep voice: "What nonsense are you talking about? Didn't I explain it at the time?"

  Gu Shunhua snorted: "Why are you so mean! Can't you talk to me properly?"

  There was silence on the other end of the phone. After a while, there was a vague sigh, and then he finally said: "Shunhua, I don't mean to hurt you, but I don't understand why you said that. From the beginning , didn't we all agree?"

  Gu Shunhua: "Since it was agreed from the beginning, why did you ask me just now?"

  Ren Jingnian: "I--"

  He paused, not knowing what to say.

  Gu Shunhua felt a little proud in her heart. She admitted that she had just made a quibble, climbed to a high moral position and then accused him in turn.

  But what should I do if I just want to bully him?

  If she didn't bully him, who would she bully?

  Does she want to leave him to Chen Lu to bully?

  When Ren Jingnian spoke again, his voice was gentle and clear: "Shunhua, I was thinking that maybe you had other ideas. After all, your residence registration has just been settled, and over there in the capital -"

  Gu Shunhua: "What's going on here in the capital?"

  Ren Jingnian changed his words: "Then let's get married as soon as possible?"

  Gu Shunhua: "Please tell me clearly first, what did you mean just now?"

  Ren Jingnian: "I have no other intention, I just want to think more about you and see what you think."

  Gu Shunhua: "If I had other ideas, would you just give up? You don't want your wife or your children, so just leave her alone?"

  Ren Jingnian scolded: "Shunhua, what are you talking about?"

  Gu Shunhua thought of the plot in the book and said deliberately: "Shouldn't you be holding on to me, writing to me, and insisting on not giving up and striving to be together? You give up so easily? You said you would love me forever, just because I may have other ideas, can you just give them up?"

  After saying this, she realized that she seemed to be excited, and her voice was a little loud because of her excitement.

  This small phone room has only one person per person, and the sound insulation effect is not very good. The phone rooms next door are looking at me curiously.

  Gu Shunhua blushed when he realized what he had just said.

  What a shame.

  Ren Jingnian obviously felt it on the other end of the phone: "What's wrong?"

  Gu Shunhua hurriedly said: "It's nothing."

  Ren Jingnian: "As long as it's okay."

  This was said so dryly that both of them were silent for a moment, not knowing how to answer the question.

  The sound of Ren Jingnian's breathing entered his ears along with the crackling sound of magnetic induction current.

  Gu Shunhua whispered: "It's nothing, let's hang up first. The phone bill is quite expensive..."

  Ren Jingnian said: "Shunhua, don't worry."

  Gu Shunhua pretended to be stupid: "Is there anything else?"

  Ren Jingnian: "Shunhua, I haven't forgotten, I never have."

  Gu Shunhua: "Huh?"

  She was startled for a moment before realizing that he was answering her previous question.

  She was still blushing a little, holding the phone and looking carefully at other phone rooms. Fortunately, everyone was on the phone, so no one noticed her.

  Ren Jingnian: "Shunhua."

  He called her name in a deep voice.

  Gu Shunhua's heart skipped a beat, and she could only continue to pretend to be stupid: "Huh?"

  Ren Jingnian: "Let's get married as soon as possible."

  Gu Shunhua was silent for a while before she said "Yeah", but she quickly said: "How come you are remarrying? I won't be able to go back for a while, and you probably won't have time to come over either."

  Ren Jingnian: "Let's wait for the opportunity. I'll go to the capital later. By the way, I should have a chance to be transferred recently."

  Gu Shunhua: "Transfer?"

  Ren Jingnian: "Yes."

  As he spoke, he explained that since the corps was converted into a farm a few years ago, soldiers have either returned to the army or changed careers. Many of his comrades have left, but he has not moved due to various reasons and has stayed at the mine.

  After Gu Shunhua left a few days ago, he himself returned to his original regiment headquarters, talked with his superiors, and finally decided to consider changing careers.

  When Gu Shunhua heard this, he remained silent.

  She knew that Ren Jingnian did not change his career because of her own consideration for herself and her children. One of them was a soldier and the other an educated youth. They took different paths. If Ren Jingnian had changed his career before and she had been a family member of the army, she would have completely lost her status as an educated youth.

  Now that he has left, it is time for him to consider changing careers.

  Gu Shunhua asked in a low voice: "Where can I transfer to? Have you mentioned it?"

  Ren Jingnian: "I mentioned a few directions, and I heard there was an opportunity to go to a place called Langfang. It's just a small town, but it's not far from the capital. I think it's pretty good."

  Langfang?

  Gu Shunhua was confused. After thinking about it carefully, he suddenly understood.

  In that book, Ren Jingnian's life trajectory is that he was first abandoned by his first wife, and then took the college entrance examination with his children and entered university. However, there is a paragraph in the book that is vague and mentions Ren Jingnian and his children. "Living in Langfang", so that the heroine Chen Lu had to travel to visit him.

  In fact, this section is very strange. Why did he run to Langfang?

  Now, following Ren Jingnian's words, Gu Shunhua felt that he was on the right track.

  So in fact, Ren Jingnian did not go to university directly from Inner Mongolia, but changed his job first and went to Langfang, where he went to university and entered the capital?

  That book was also written in a strange way, and there were even some hidden plots.

  With this thought in mind, he asked casually: "Where are we going in Langfang?"

  Ren Jingnian: "A place called China Petroleum Pipeline Bureau was built only six or seven years ago. Langfang used to be a desolate place. It is said that it has been built well now. The key is that it is relatively close to the capital. After passing there, even if I Even if I can't get into college, I can visit you often."

  Gu Shunhua was naturally satisfied when he heard this.

  PetroChina is a good unit. The Pipeline Bureau is a unit directly under the central government approved by the State Council. The treatment is good in all aspects. Although Langfang is just a small town now, it will become a county-level city in the future and will develop very well and become the capital. back yard.

  After all the planning, the journey from Dashilan to Langfang is more than 60 kilometers.

  More than sixty kilometers, according to current standards, the distance is not close, and we cannot see it every day, but compared to Bayannur, which is thousands of miles away, it is already too close.

  It's okay to at least meet on the weekend.

  The most important thing is that Ren Jingnian still wants to be close to himself and his children. When he chooses a job transfer unit, based on his current level and second-class merit, he will definitely choose a better unit. But he chose this place because of his loyalty to himself and his children.

  Gu Shunhua felt as if she could be relieved. At least she could see that the man she chose, without the influence of the plot, must be affectionate and righteous, and he also had her and her children in his heart.

  As for the male and female protagonists, let's talk about it. If it really doesn't work, let's all stand up and fight.

  He smiled briskly at that moment: "This is a good opportunity. You should seize it quickly and try to transfer to Langfang. Don't think this is just a small town. I heard people say that this place will have great development in the future. The pipeline bureau pays very well." Yes, settled in Langfang, Langfang will definitely be driven to develop, and it may become more than just such a small town in the future."

  When Ren Jingnian heard this, he seemed to be relieved: "Okay, then I will fight for this job opportunity."

  Gu Shunhua: "Well, transfer here first. At least it's close. The children can see you, which is a comfort to my heart. We have settled down now. I guess it will take two or three months for you to transfer here. By then we will Once you get your marriage certificate, others won't make a fuss about it."

  The divorce is a serious matter. After the divorce, the child's father was transferred to Langfang. The distance is closer. The two adults considered that getting back together for the sake of the two children would be acceptable from a human perspective, so they are not afraid of this situation. Someone was jealous and complained.

  Ren Jingnian: "I guess it will be no problem if I am transferred to Langfang. After I am transferred, I will try my best to get into college. If there is any accident, I will find someone who will transfer me and find a way to transfer to the capital. I heard that the Pipeline Bureau The job opportunities are good, and even though it's just a small town, there are indeed people from the capital who are willing to transfer there."

  Gu Shunhua was a little surprised when she heard this. She didn't expect that Ren Jingnian had even thought about this.

  It is very difficult to transfer people now. It is impossible to transfer you without any trouble. After all, it involves household registration and work unit establishment, and the procedures are cumbersome and complicated. But what should some people do if their husbands and wives are separated? The wisdom of the common people is infinite, so they come up with ways to transfer them. As long as the nature of both parties' units is the same, you can apply for a transfer report.

  Gu Shunhua just entered the post and telecommunications office and saw a small advertisement for swap work posted on the telephone pole next to it.

  She thought for a while: "You are not going to college, so why are you so discouraged and always thinking of changing your job?"

  Ren Jingnian: "I heard that after I went to Hebei, the competition for the college entrance examination became more intense. If something unexpected happens, I have to find a way."

  Gu Shunhua: "How about you stop changing jobs first and just take the exam in Inner Mongolia?"

  Ren Jingnian: "You have to wait for a while. There are not many opportunities to change careers."

  When Gu Shunhua heard this, he understood that he should try his best to get closer to him.

  She was a little moved, bit her lip, and finally said: "Don't be too hasty, I think we can definitely be together."

  After hearing this, Ren Jingnian was silent for a while: "If you think so, then I don't have any other ideas. Let's work together to reunite the family as soon as possible."

  Gu Shunhua: "Yeah, okay."

  Ren Jingnian: "By the way, it's quite cold now. I guess burning coal in the capital is also nervous. I went to the regiment headquarters' mechanical repair team today and talked to Gao Jun. He said that a batch of coal was going to be transported to the capital recently. Trucks will transport it there. When the time comes, Help us carry some coal."

  Gu Shunhua: "Huh? Their truck is coming?"

  Gao Jun was from their company. They used to live next to each other and help each other live, often eating from the same pot.

  Ren Jingnian: "Yes, I'll transport a ton for you, throw it on the truck, and take it with you."

  Gu Shunhua was overjoyed: "That's great! The house I live in now is too simple. The breeze blows at night and we freeze to death. My children and I have to cover ourselves with three layers of quilts!"

  Ren Jingnian frowned: "No stove?"

  Gu Shunhua: "Yes, but I keep it in another room. Besides, it's hard to use more. The coal here is rationed. With this skill, there won't be any more briquettes!"

  Ren Jingnian understood.

  She didn't mention it during the previous phone call, and not mentioning it doesn't mean she won't be punished. After all, she has brothers and sisters at home, a big family. She took her two children back to join her parents' family, so how could she put the stove next to her bedside.

  Ren Jingnian took a deep breath, and the dry and cold air entered his abdominal cavity, causing a subtle throbbing pain.

  He looked out the window at the cold blue sky. The sky was very blue, but also very cold. He still felt cold even though he was burning the coal stove.

  He pursed his dry lips and said in a hoarse voice: "It's okay. Just wait for a few more days and I'll ask Gao Jun to deliver coal to you, and then try to contact Lao Xu to transport the wood."

  The author has something to say: 

  The China Petroleum Pipeline Bureau is still in Langfang, a unit directly under the approval of the State Council, but our hero is only there temporarily.

  Chapter 18 Orange Lollipop

  Gu Shunhua still felt heartwarming after listening to Ren Jingnian's words.

  After knowing the content of the book, she was frightened and did not dare to trust this man. Therefore, she revised the divorce agreement and came back to the capital alone and stubbornly to settle down with her children. She was planning all by herself.

  There is no one she can completely rely on, not even her parents, not just her own parents, they also have other concerns.

  But now, Ren Jingnian's plans made her want to relax for a moment, want to lean into his arms, not think about anything, and take a rest.

  But it was only for a moment.

  The plot of that book was too powerful, and she knew that there were too many variables in this man's future.

  She thought for a while and then said: "I've been so busy these two days that I haven't had time to go to the bookstore. I'll go to Xinhua Bookstore later and buy some suitable books for you."

  Ren Jingnian: "Mind your own business first, don't worry about buying books."

  **

  After ending the call, Gu Shunhua paid the money again. She took too long on the phone.

  After leaving the post office, she took the bus back to Dashilan. Dashilar is actually not pronounced as Dashilan, but a pronunciation similar to "大石兰儿". When outsiders come, they just call Dashilan, which is a joke. .

  Dashilar seems to never stop seeing people, even in such a cold winter, there is still an endless stream of people.

  Gu Shunhua has been back for a few days. He is worried about his household registration. Even if he passes by, he has no intention of admiring it. Now he has a leisurely mood. After eight years of hardships and changes in the world, those old shops are still there. The small curtains carry the years of Dashilar. The vicissitudes of history.

  Beginning in the Yongle period of the Ming Dynasty, merchants gathered together, there were many treasures, horses gathered on their heads, Neiliansheng stepped on their feet, they wore eight auspicious signs and four hengs around their waists. This is the 500-year-old Dashilar, where Gu Shunhua grew up.

  When I was a child, I was ordered by the adults to buy a spool of soy sauce with two ounces of soy sauce. I eagerly took the money and ran down the street. When the salesperson was making soy sauce, he would stare at the glass jar on the counter. In the jar were lollipops with colored cellophane. , all flavors are available.

  Sometimes she would secretly skip two cents to buy a lollipop. She always stubbornly wanted the orange flavored one.

  Gu Shunhua shuttled through the dazzling array of shops in Dashilan, and finally came to Dashilar Xinhua Bookstore. He went in and asked the salesperson. The salesperson's face was not good, but judging from her accent, he probably thought it was friendly. It was a standard Hutong accent. He didn't take it too seriously, but he recommended a few books to her and showed them to her.

  She flipped through it and found that it was somewhat difficult. The salesperson said it was more difficult than the current high school textbooks, but she thought, it should be a little more difficult. Ren Jingnian read it, and it might be helpful.

  It's just that these books require tickets and are not just for purchase.

  Gu Shunhua then remembered that it seemed that the book mentioned that there would be reforms soon and an English test would be added. If this was the case, would Ren Jingnian also have to learn English well?

  She then asked about English books again, but this time the salesman gave her a blank look: "I don't know."

  Gu Shunhua was helpless. People probably noticed that she didn't have a book stamp and they didn't want to waste all their efforts.

  This is to be expected. The current eight members are competing with each other. That day, I heard the neighbors chatting in the courtyard and said that the state-owned hotel over at Liulichang had a sign saying "Do not beat or scold customers at will." This is the reality. Those who hold supplies in their pockets have their eyes turned toward the sky and not looking at people.

  Of course, from that book, Gu Shunhua knew that everything would change in a few years.

  Perhaps because she knew this, she felt very calm and would not hold back her anger at all because of the salesperson's contempt.

  That's how people are, when you can see something from a higher and further perspective, when you predict the future development and destiny of the industry, you don't seem to care about the trivial matters in front of you.

  After coming out of Xinhua Bookstore, she took a bus and went straight to the overpass. After getting off the bus, she walked to Fuchang Street on the west side of the overpass.

  The overpass is located on the central axis of the capital. It is said that the emperor had to pass through this bridge every year when he went to the Temple of Heaven to worship heaven, so it was called the overpass. However, before liberation, it was already a bustling civilian market. To the west of the overpass is the Fuchang Street Market, where Gu Shunhua As you know, the Fuchang Street Market sells some second-hand books. In the past, she and a few friends would come over and rent a small book for two cents, and then everyone would read it together.

  At this time, Fuchang Street still looked like what she remembered. The low bungalows stood dimly in the winter evening. The smoke from someone's kitchen was rising. The lively sounds on the overpass came from time to time. And just in that low In front of the bungalows and in front of some half-open doors, there are a few stalls scattered here and there.

  These are old books, sold for free and secretly in private.

  That kind of small door was actually a "half-open door" in the early days. To put it clearly, they were secret prostitutes who came out to solicit clients. However, after liberation, there was a new society and there were no more secret prostitutes. This kind of "ajar door" was used to sell books. Yes, selling books is also done secretly.

  The business here is naturally secretive. Gu Shunhua turned around a few "ajar doors" and finally found a treasure in a small dilapidated courtyard. There were several physics books, "General Physics" and "Mathematical Physics Equations" , "Bioorganic Chemistry" and "A Brief History of Chemistry", as well as several foreign language books.

  The stall owner was a woman in her forties, muttering: "These are all good things. They belong to a great professor. My family was driven to the countryside and everything was thrown away. My mother secretly brought them out while she was cleaning." , otherwise how can I sell it casually!"

  Gu Shunhua went to the countryside after graduating from junior high school. He didn't know much about physics and chemistry in high school. But after a rough look, it seemed to be difficult. It should be helpful to Ren Jingnian. I asked and the price was not expensive, only 20 cents and 30 cents. Just bought it.

  After buying it, she was about to put the book into a black cloth pocket. Who knew that when she was putting it in, she accidentally saw the signature in the corner of the title page. After seeing it, there was a thunder in her head. .

  The signature contained three Chinese

  Yan Chongli, this is the professor she married in the plot of the book.

  She flipped through the books stiffly. Almost every one of them had signatures on them. Some of them were not signatures, but seals.

  She found that she even knew clearly that Yan Chongli's seal was Shoushan Tianhuang. It was golden and delicate, and the carrot pattern on it was clearly visible. After he finished writing a calligraphy and painting, he just covered it with a free and easy gesture.

  Seeing her expression, the woman selling secondhand books thought she regretted it, and hurriedly clutched the change she had received in her hand: "These books are quite good. Besides, I told you to check them out just now. If you buy them, just buy them." You can't go back on your word."

  Gu Shunhua took a deep breath, put the books into the black cloth bag, and said calmly: "I have no intention of withdrawing."

  After that, he walked out of Changfu Street carrying those books.

  On the way home, it was already very late. Gu Shunhua was carrying a large bag of books and thinking about what to do about this matter.

  Who would have thought that she wanted to buy study reference materials for her ex-husband who had been divorced in this life, but instead bought a book that originally told her to remarry a man according to the plot.

  She calculated the approximate time. Yan Chongli was probably still herding sheep in the countryside now, but he should be back in the capital soon.

  She felt that she would not follow the plot in the book in her life. She would take care of her children and raise them with Ren Jingnian.

  However, now it seems that the plot line in the book seems to have a mysterious power that brings her into contact with Yan Chongli.

  The sky has darkened, and in the windless winter evening, everything is indifferent and cold. On the locust tree in front that has almost lost all its leaves, only a few withered yellow leaves stand quietly.

  Gu Shunhua lowered his head and glanced at the bag in his hand, and finally walked to the foot of the roadside wall, poured the book out, and then tore off the paper with Yan Chongli's name written on the title page.

  After tearing it off, she put the book back into the bag and walked forward. When she reached an official's hut, she saw that no one was around and threw away the title page she had just torn off.

  In fact, to be honest, in that book, between her and Yan Chongli, Yan Chongli had always treated her well. The reason why the quarrel got to the point later was because she felt sorry for Yan Chongli.

  She didn't understand what was going on in this book. She thought that she was not bad in nature, and she was principled in doing things. At least she would not be double-dealing or forgetful of personal gain. However, in that book, she was such a changeless person. People can always do things that they think are shameful now.

  It was obvious that the two men were very good people, but she just had the ability to live her life in a prison cell.

  It's also absolutely amazing.

  but--

  Gu Shunhua clenched his fist and sneered.

  None of her business!

  That book is that book and she is her.

  In her life, she had never met Yan Chongli, never known Yan Chongli, and had never been sorry to him. Instead, she had given birth to two children with Ren Jingnian.

  So, she is only responsible for what she has done, but the people and things in the book?

  Go to hell!

  Gu Shunhua stepped down one foot after another, making a clicking sound on the narrow dirt road.

  Do whatever you need to do, she just doesn't know Yan Chongli.

  **********

  It was getting late, the post office was closed, and there was no way to send the book right away, so Gu Shunhua took the book back to the courtyard.

  When I returned, it was cooking time. Pots and pans were clanging and smoke was coming out of the windows. Children were running happily in the yard, and her two children were playing with the older ones.

  Grandma Tong sat in front of the window playing with the cat. She looked up at the child from time to time. When she saw Gu Shunhua coming, she smiled and said, "Back?"

  Grandma Gu Shunhua and Tong said a few words, knowing that the children were having a good time that day: "The two children are good and good-looking. The neighbors like them, and the group of children also surround them."

  Gu Shunhua laughed when he heard this, and then mentioned his plan to build a house. He thought about discussing it with Grandma Tong first. Grandma Tong thought for a while: "Actually, that piece of land was originally used by your family. Now I will build a nest for you." Son, it's logical and reasonable. Look at our yard, whoever is a little bit capable doesn't want to expand the house. If you want to build a house, other people have nothing to say. Even the Su family, they are also occupying that piece of land. I'm afraid it's just that I won't give in easily!"

  Gu Shunhua: "Let's see what other families have signed first. As for the Su family, I'll think about it later."

  Grandma Tong thought for a while and said: "It's difficult to do, but it doesn't mean it can't be done. Let me tell you, Mr. Pan, to ask him to support you when the time comes. No matter how capable the Su family is, you have Mr. Pan here." Hold on, he can't get past it."

  Su Jianping's father's name is Su Dameng. When Su Dameng was young, he worked hard pulling a cart on the street. He met a gangster and almost killed him. It was Mr. Pan who saved him. Later, Su Dameng married a wife. After liberation, he got lucky and became a driver. .

  Therefore, no matter how good Su Dameng was, he had to bow his head and call him "Master" in front of Mr. Pan.

  The older generation pays attention to the word "righteousness". Wherever you go, you must remember the life-saving grace.

  Gu Shunhua had actually thought about this incident: "Grandma Tong, please help me to let Master Pan know later. If I can accomplish this, I will have a place to stay."

  Grandma Tong smiled and pointed outside the window: "Look, your Master Pan is playing with his children. He liked you when you were little, and he hopes you will be well now. How can he disagree? , but don't worry, I'll mention this to him."

  Gu Shunhua looked out the window. In her memory, Mr. Pan was a calm old man with a straight face and never liked to smile. She was really afraid of Mr. Pan, but now he was acting like a hawk to the children and doing all kinds of strange things. The funny faces amused the children.

  Maybe it's because you're older. As people get older, they like children more.

  When Gu Shunhua stood up to leave, Grandma Tong forced her to give her a bag of food. Gu Shunhua looked at it and saw that it was fried cake with yellow rice noodles and butter. This is also an old Beijing snack. She boiled the yellow rice noodles with boiling water, added egg liquid and Sugar, then fried in butter.

  This fried cake is ready, crispy on the outside, sweet and tender on the inside, and delicious. This was Gu Shunhua's favorite snack when he was a child.

  Gu Shunhua was surprised and a little surprised: "Grandma, why did you do this?"

  Grandma Tong's smile turned out to be a bit cheesy: "A few days ago, I took some of the stick noodles I had left and the yellow rice noodles I exchanged, and I just had a little butter left, so I fried this. You go back and eat it yourself, and then give it to your child to try. , put it away quickly, don't let anyone see it."

  As she spoke, she said: "Look at the children in our yard, all of them are greedy. I can't bear to let them eat. It's all a waste!"

  Gu Shunhua couldn't help but laugh when he saw her smiling like that. Old child, old child, Grandma Tong is older, and her temper is like that of a child.

  But of course it was more touching.

  She is a child who has never been pampered, so she seems to be particularly greedy for the feeling of being pampered alone. When she has good things, she doesn't let others eat them, but sneaks them to you. It feels so good.

  Thinking of this, her eyes got wet again, and she couldn't help but hold Grandma Tong's hand: "Well, I'll take it back to eat. I like eating this, I like it very much."

  Grandma Tong raised her hand and tapped her eyebrows: "Look at you silly kid, you are so greedy. This is how you beat a child. After several years of being out, your temper has not changed!"

  When she came out of Grandma Tong's place, the winter sunset shone warmly on her body, and the children's laughter filled the floor, which made her feel particularly comfortable.

  In this life, it depends on what you think. Sometimes if you think too much, she will feel that she has so many regrets and suffered so many grievances in her life. But when she looks at it again, she has actually gained a lot. Her barren childhood is not There is no sweetness and happiness.

  The author has something to say: 

  Speaking of housing conditions, what I wrote in the article is quite realistic. In the early 1980s, a large number of educated youth returned to the city, and the urban load increased suddenly. It was not unusual for three generations to live in a house of more than ten square meters in a large courtyard.

  In fact, even now, it is not easy to live in Beijing. Many families live in a small two-bedroom apartment of 59 square meters for a family of three or even four or five (especially those who buy houses in school districts. It is difficult for many people to improve because there are many old houses around. There are not many particularly big ones.) Of course, there are also some that are big, in a good school district, and new, and they are definitely more expensive.

  Why do we say 59 square meters? Because a large number of two-bedroom apartments in the 1980s and 1990s were between 57 and 59.

  The famous 80-storey two-family house type was a common house type in that era, with a general area of ​​no more than 60 square meters.

  These houses have always existed and are active on the second-hand housing market.

  So, someone may introduce their house: My house is very young, it was built in 1993!

  Chapter 19 Yellow Rice Noodles and Cream Fried Cake

  Walking home like this, when I entered the house, I saw Feng Xianer and Chen Lu there.

  Feng Xian'er had a straight face, but when she saw Gu Shunhua entering the house, she smiled mockingly: "Hey, you're back?"

  Gu Shunhua's face said lightly: "Auntie, have you eaten?"

  Have you eaten? This is a common greeting that everyone uses. When you see someone in the official hut, you have to ask if you have eaten.

  Who would have thought that Feng Xianer would choke up when he came up: "Eat? What to eat? My family doesn't have good ribs to eat, how can people eat!"

  After hearing this, Gu Shunhua raised his eyes and said, "Then you don't have to eat."

  When she said this, Feng Xianer was almost so angry that she couldn't breathe and started coughing.

  Chen Cuiyue seemed to have something stuck in her heart these past two days, and she always felt out of breath. Today Chen Lu came and gave her some relief. She suddenly felt that the sky was blue, the stove was warm, and even the broken tiles in the courtyard were pleasing to the eye. .

  Chen Lu is such a good child. Such a good child cannot be wronged!

  As soon as she heard Gu Shunhua say this, she said: "Shunhua, how do you speak as a child? You are really becoming more and more ignorant as you live!"

  After saying that, he tried to persuade Feng Xian'er: "The child doesn't block her words, I'll talk to her later."

  However, Feng Xianer was obviously dissatisfied with this "talk to her later", and she felt that she had been greatly aggrieved!

  Next to her, Chen Lu watched all this without saying a word. She just observed in silence.

  Originally, she came here today and had a conversation with Chen Cuiyue. It was obvious that Chen Cuiyue was back to what she should be like, loving herself without any principles, being kind to herself, and giving all the good things to herself. She was relieved. .

  But as soon as she saw Gu Shunhua, she felt that something was wrong with this person.

  This person is different from the others. She has escaped the control of the plot and is completely different from the book.

  She began to feel frightened, and she even thought of the real Gu Shunhua, the wife of Ren Jingnian whom she had met once.

  She had only met him once, but she knew that he was definitely not an easy person to deal with.

  That woman was able to accompany Ren Jingnian through all those years, to hold a higher shareholding in the group than Ren Jingnian, and to be the boss behind Zuimeilou. A woman like that must be very capable.

  This made her tremble.

  Something is wrong, why is this happening, this Gu Shunhua has become like this.

  Gu Shunhua felt Chen Lu's gaze and glanced at her lightly, feeling doubts in his heart.

  What is going on with this Chen Lu? She always feels a little different from others.

  At least at this time, she was sitting there, watching everyone, as if she was detached from everything around her, like...

  Gu Shunhua couldn't explain how he felt, but it felt like he was watching a play?

  For example, now, she seems to be observing herself secretly and wondering about herself.

  Does she know anything?

  Gu Shunhua's heart skipped a beat when he remembered that he had accidentally bought Yan Chongli's book.

  She felt that there was a strong force around her, pulling her. Somehow, it seemed that she would still face the scene in the book?

  At this time, Chen Cuiyue saw the fried cake in Gu Shunhua's hand: "Grandma Tong gave it to you, right? She made this really delicious. Bring it over and heat it up, and give it to your aunt and Chen Lu to try -"

  But just in the middle of her words, Gu Yuehua suddenly came in.

  As soon as he entered the door, the cotton curtain was opened, and the wind blew in outside, sending a wave of cool air to his nose.

  Everyone in the room was excited and quickly wrapped up their clothes.

  After Gu Yuehua put down the cotton curtain, he looked at the scene in the room, and finally his eyes fell on Gu Shunhua's hands: "Where did you get the fried cake? It looks delicious at first sight. Sister, give it to me, give it to me!"

  Before Gu Shunhua had time to say anything, the fried cake was snatched away by Gu Yuehua.

  Gu Yuehua held the fried cake: "This is good for children to eat, I confiscated it!"

  After saying that, the person had already gone to the outhouse.

  Chen Cuiyue felt dizzy looking at this scene. She had to do something. She saw that Feng Xianer was angry and Chen Lu had a sullen face. This was so unseemly. She felt that if she didn't do something, she would have to die today. !

  So she said angrily: "It's so shameless. You just ordered something to eat. Your eyelids are so shallow. What does it look like! If you don't know, you might think you haven't seen it. Do you see that thing in your eyes?"

  Gu Shunhua nodded and said: "Mom, a few pieces of fried cake, these are for children. You are so old, but you still care about this. You will die for this little bit of food. If this gets spread, don't let it go." It makes me laugh so hard! I'm not ashamed at all!"

  She said this, but her eyes glanced at Feng Xianer and Chen Lu.

  Yes, those two are right.

  Chen Lu was thinking about this strange thing and didn't notice what Gu Yuehua said. When she heard what Gu Shunhua said, she naturally thought she was talking about her, so she took it into consideration and said deliberately: "Sister, how can you talk? Who are you talking about?" If you robbed it with a child, who cares about it!"

  As she said that, she stamped her feet again: "Auntie, look at me, I didn't say anything, she just said this about me!"

  Chen Cuiyue was stunned: "She didn't talk about you, she didn't mean you, I said you kid, how can you put a hat on yourself?"

  Gu Shunhua glanced at Chen Lu: "Chen Lu, I didn't say anything about you. I didn't know that you were thinking about these fried cakes, so I accidentally scolded you. I'm sorry. I was scolding Yuehua. ! You said earlier that you were also worried about eating fried cakes and fighting with children. How dare I scold you? You are relatives after all. Even if you are greedy and fight with children, I still have to save some face for you! "

  Chen Lu originally wanted Chen Cuiyue to scold Chen Lu on purpose, but now that she heard this, she couldn't help but get angry. No matter how much she could bear it, she still had to be a little angry, right?

  Gu Shunhua was so good at pretending that she suddenly regretted it. She just wrote about Gu Shunhua, who was a bit of a petty bourgeoisie and greedy, but in the end, she came up with such a thing, and she actually got herself into a trap.

  She is the ruler of this world, why should she be violated like this by Gu Shunhua?

  But Chen Cuiyue tried to persuade her from the side: "Chen Lu, don't be upset. Your sister is not talking about you. You misunderstood!"

  Misunderstanding, misunderstanding your uncle!

  Chen Lu felt even more angry.

  Feng Xian'er felt aggrieved when she heard this, but she thought about it, she had to mention the ribs thing anyway.

  Of course she knew about the Gu family's pork ribs stewed with potatoes. Gu Quanfu was so good at cooking, why didn't she catch it?

  She felt uncomfortable thinking about it. She felt uncomfortable because she didn't eat the ribs. She was so greedy!

  Now it's time to make it clear: "Sister, don't talk about anything else, it's not that we are worried about the stutter, just talk about the meat. We bought pork belly, you-"

  Just when she was halfway through her words, Gu Shunhua suddenly said: "Mom, look at my aunt. She is a polite person. She just bought pork belly for us. She didn't expect anything else when she bought pork belly. It's not like some people." , thinking about eating and eating every day, getting into trouble and getting angry over a little bit of food, as my relatives say, fighting over one bite every day, it's really a joke if word spreads!"

  Chen Cuiyue nodded and sighed: "Isn't that right? You said this kid Yuehua is not decent!"

  Feng Xianer was going to talk about ribs, but she was dumbfounded by Gu Shunhua and was stunned.

  Chen Lu also frowned. She looked at Chen Cuiyue. This fool, Chen Cuiyue, was obviously facing her, but she didn't understand the meaning behind it, and she actually agreed with Gu Shunhua, which was really annoying.

  Gu Shunhua: "That glutton from Yuehua is so greedy, but fortunately it's his own home. Let's just take a look and find out. If he goes to a relative's house to be greedy, that would be embarrassing, so you have to control him!"

  Feng Xian'er was still a little angry. She hesitated, thinking that she still had to argue about the ribs, but at this time, Gu Quanfu opened the door and entered the room.

  As soon as he entered the room: "My brothers and sisters are here, Chen Lu is here, have you eaten?"

  "Have you eaten?" is really heartbreaking. Feng Xianer said: "We were talking about eating..."

  Gu Quanfu ignored the problem and asked Gu Shunhua, "Where are the two children?"

  Gu Shunhua then smiled: "I'm playing with Yuehua in the back. By the way, Dad, Mom, while you are all here, I just want to mention something."

  Gu Quanfu: "What?"

  Over there, Chen Lu, upon hearing this, immediately became wary.

  She felt that something was wrong with Gu Shunhua now, and she had to watch carefully to see what she was up to.

  Gu Shunhua then talked about his plan to build a simple earthquake shelter into a house.

  After Gu Shunhua finished speaking, but before Gu Quanfu could reply, Feng Xianer started shouting: "Shunhua is a married girl, how can she use her mother's land to build a house? According to our old school, there is no such rule!"

  She sneered: "What are you talking about!"

  There was a sense of pride in his tone, a great revenge had been avenged!

  When Gu Shunhua heard this, he didn't pay attention or look at it.

  What kind of stuff is this? I don't know how much I have benefited from it. Now that the rabbit has entered the mill, it has become a big-eared donkey. It can stay where it is cool. What a thing!

  Her mother, Chen Cuiyue, frowned and thought for a while: "It would be fine if it could be built up, so that you and your children wouldn't have to squeeze in. I'm just afraid that our neighbors won't be happy. Besides, the Su family has said that they want to be built up before. "

  When she spoke, she had half-hearted thoughts. She actually wanted her daughter to live in the house, but she also felt that something was wrong. It seemed that what Feng Xianer said made sense.

  Gu Shunhua knew what her mother meant as soon as she heard it. She had something waiting for her: "Mom, you don't have to worry about the neighbors. I will tell them one by one. As for the Su family, since I want to build a house, I will naturally find a way."

  Chen Cuiyue hesitated, and she subconsciously looked at Chen Lu.

  Chen Lu glanced at Gu Shunhua indifferently and said: "If you ask me, this matter still depends on the wishes of the housing management office. The housing management office will not allow you to build it. If you build half of it, they will stop you. What can you do? Where is this matter? It's so easy! Auntie, you have to persuade my sister not to let her mess around, our family's conditions are not that good, and building a house is not a trivial matter!"

  Chen Cuiyue said hurriedly: "Yes, yes, it's not a trivial matter!"

  Gu Shunhua raised his eyebrows, thinking this was really funny. His mother listened to Chen Lu every day, and she didn't know what kind of ecstasy soup she drank! Or is this all written in that book?

  Immediately he said: "I don't need to worry about it for my cousin. I have already made an agreement with Comrade Hu from the housing management office. If the neighbors agree, they will have no objection."

  When Chen Cuiyue heard this, she subconsciously thought it was good: "That's okay, then let's build it!"

  Chen Lu hurriedly said: "It's okay to build it, but the problem is-"

  But halfway through her words, Gu Quanfu coughed.

  When he coughed, Chen Lu had to stop talking.

  There was no other way, old-school people had strict rules, so she had to shut up first.

  Gu Quanfu took a sip of tea slowly and then said: "Actually, I was planning to mention this matter. When Shunhua went to the countryside, he helped Chen Lu handle this matter. The child has suffered in the countryside these years, and now She is back, with two children, life is difficult, and she doesn't know how she will go in the future. As parents, we have to think more about her and make more arrangements for her. "

  Chen Cuiyue had a headache and said hurriedly: "I'm already old, why are you bringing that up? I'm just talking about this matter at the moment, I didn't ask you to talk about it."

  Gu Quanfu's face suddenly became serious: "If you don't mention the past, how did Shunhua end up running away and suffering for eight years, and how did he end up getting divorced and raising two children?"

  Gu Quanfu's stern face made Chen Cuiyue feel a little shameless and remained silent.

  When Chen Lu heard this, she frowned.

  What's going on, what's going on, why is Gu Shunhua struggling to build a house after raising a child and registering as a registered permanent resident?

  That won't work!

  This land would get a lot of compensation in the future, and she couldn't let Gu Shunhua take advantage of it.

  Even if the Su family gets the credit, Gu Shunhua cannot!

  She immediately said: "It's not that easy to build a house. With my sister and two children, it can't be built in a day or two. In my opinion, it's not as good as my uncle and aunt building it. Once it's finished, let my sister live in it first." On."

  After hearing this, Gu Shunhua glanced at her lightly.

  She realized again that this Chen Lu was not simple, but her mind was moving very fast. In just a few words, she actually changed the nature of building a house.

  I went to the housing management office myself, I went to the neighbors to sign, and later I helped build a house, but in the end I was just a renter.

  Look at this mouth.

  But she didn't speak. She lowered her eyes slightly and waited in silence.

  In this world, there are some things that you have to desperately reach out to grab, but there are some things that people really don't want to give, so if you have to force yourself to ask for them, that doesn't make sense, right?

  The room suddenly became quiet, except for the sound of the kettle on the coal stove, which was steaming.

  Chen Cuiyue stood up and poured the water from the kettle into the thermos.

  The boiling water turned into a column of white steaming water, making a gurgling sound.

  Chen Lu smiled. She thought her idea was a good one. It seemed that no one in the Gu family objected.

  Who knew that at this time, Gu Yuehua said: "Why is it so troublesome!"

  When he spoke like this, everyone looked at him.

  Gu Yuehua said with a smile: "As a family, what's the use of so many calculations? Don't do all those bells and whistles that are useless. If my sister wants to build it, I will move the bricks and purlins for her! Who among our neighbors is not willing to let her build it? I Go talk to them! I don't believe it, just build a house, there's so much nonsense!"

  His words were said carelessly, but at the end of the sentence, there was a bit of ruthlessness in his words, which was the spirit of a young man who was not afraid of anything.

  Gu Quanfu put down the large number of jars in his hands, glanced at his son, and finally said: "Finally, someone has a human word to say."

  As soon as Gu Quanfu said these words, except for Gu Yuehua and Gu Shunhua, the faces of everyone present drooped.

  Gu Quanfu said: "We have three children in our family. There are two main rooms in the house, and a temporary outhouse outside was built by ourselves. Now there are three houses. Now Shunhua doesn't want anything but the temporary earthquake shelter outside. When it comes to building a house, the seismic shed, although it is currently being used by our family, actually does not belong to our family. I think the old Su family is also keeping an eye on it and wants to use it to build a house. Whoever grabs the land gets the final say, Shun. If Hua has the ability, if she grabs it, it belongs to her. No one in our family should have any evil ideas."

  When Gu Quanfu mentioned "evil ways", Chen Lu's face turned red and she lowered her head with frowning eyes.

  She had always felt that her uncle looked down on her, and she was obviously more sure of it.

  She gritted her teeth, thinking that she had really seen a ghost. He was just a bunch of old country folk in a courtyard. How could he look down on her?

  Chen Cuiyue thought about it and realized that she was right. The earthquake shelter did not belong to her own family. When it came to talking about her family in the compound, her family's weight was far inferior to that of the Su family. The Su family wanted to use that piece of land to build a house, but she couldn't even grab it. But if Shunhua wants to use it now, she will grab it. If she can grab it, it is hers, and she has no control over it.

  The children can occupy a nest of their own and have a place to stay, which also reduces the burden on the family.

  Besides, Chen Cuiyue looked at the two tender babies. What lovely babies they are!

  With this in mind, she said nothing.

  Seeing this scene, Feng Xianer frowned, smiled, and said in a long voice: "Hey, sister, brother-in-law, your family dares to give a house to my aunt. This is really rare!"

  Gu Quanfu glanced at Feng Xian'er and said slowly: "I am raising a child for my brother-in-law. What's wrong with my own daughter taking care of me?"

  This sentence can be regarded as poking a hornet's nest.

  **

  Feng Xian'er felt shameless, covered her face and cried, and started to make a fuss. Naturally, the old neighbors came to persuade her, and finally the family finally left, and the family calmed down.

  Chen Cuiyue cried until she burst into tears. She felt that her life was in vain if her man said such words. It was meaningless and she should just die.

  While she was crying like this, Gu Shunhua took the child to sleep in the outhouse, and Gu Yuehua hid in the back room. Only Gu Quanfu was left, silently. Anyway, if you want to cry, cry, I won't say anything.

  In the end, Chen Cuiyue herself found it boring and sighed.

  When I woke up the next day, I still had to cook, but my face kept drooping. The atmosphere in the house was gloomy, and no one liked to talk much.

  Gu Shunhua ignored all this. She felt that her mother's temper should be corrected.

  Look, doesn't her dad even stand watching this?

  Such a mother, being able to wake up is her blessing. If she cannot wake up, she will not force her to do whatever she wants. Anyway, she can be comfortable with whatever she has to do. When she gets old, she will provide for her mother until she is old. This is a daughter's duty. That's it.

  She dressed up the two children, put on thick cotton-padded jackets and red velvet hats, and then led the children out.

  The children had not been out much since they arrived in the capital. She took them to visit Dashilar and the watchtower at the front door. She then took them to the post office and sent books to Ren Jingnian.

  After sending the book, I went to Wang Xinrui's house.

  Wang Xinrui liked the two children very much when he saw them, and Wang Xinrui's mother also liked them. It was just a daughter who was not married yet. It was the time when she was looking forward to her daughter getting married and looking forward to having children.

  After coming out of Wang Xinrui's house, Gu Shunhua went to the Educated Youth Office to ask about her job, but she didn't have a job at all, so she still asked her to go back and listen.

  She was not in a hurry, and she couldn't take care of it since she had a job now. At this moment, she still had to think about building a house. She had to find a suitable opportunity to talk to everyone about building a house.

  I kept stretching like this until the third day when a telegram came from the post office. It was from Ren Jingnian. The telegram contained two simple words: "Call back."

  When Gu Shunhua saw this, he hurriedly ran to the post office to make a call. This time the call took a full hour to get through. After the call was connected, Ren Jingnian said directly: "Gao Jun's motorcade is expected to arrive in the capital tomorrow. I have checked I have a map of the capital. They will pass by Fengtai Railway Station, which is close to your home. Get ready quickly and pick up the coal."

  Gu Shunhua was excited: "Okay, I'll find two platoon cars to pull it!"

  Ren Jingnian paused, then said: "One ton has been shipped."

  Gu Shunhua: "Huh?"

  Ren Jingnian: "The internal price is 23 yuan per ton, and the package will be shipped to the capital. It will arrive tomorrow."

  Gu Shunhua: "So fast!"

  She thought it would happen sometime, but she didn't expect it to happen now.

  She was overjoyed at the moment, now her house was fine! One ton of coal is kept for her own use, and the rest can be divided among everyone. When she builds a house in the courtyard, who can say no to her!

  The author has something to say: 

  Regarding the price of coal, in 1979, the average selling price of commercial coal from centrally financed coal enterprises was 23 yuan, and the ex-factory price was 21 yuan. By 1990, this price was 61 yuan, and by 2010 it was about 450 yuan.

  One ton of coal may seem like a lot, but in fact it only makes a few hundred briquettes. If burned, it can last a whole winter. If you use seven or eight briquettes a day, it only lasts a whole winter.

  Calculated this way, burning coal for heating in one winter cost dozens of yuan around 1980, which seems to be the normal price.

  Chapter 20 Coal

  There was a reason why Gu Shunhua was so excited.

  These days, you have to vote for everything you eat, drink, and have sex, and coal is no exception.

  Each sub-district office has a coal factory, and below the coal factory are several sales departments. For example, their alley corresponds to a sales department. The sales department issues a coal book to each household, and uses the coal book to ration briquettes. At that time, it was 120 yuan per household, and in winter, it was 240 yuan per household. When winter came, coal was needed to burn fires and water for heating. When the weather got cold, briquettes were not in supply at all. Most people were reluctant to burn coal in the middle of the night. It has to be frozen.

  This is why, among the three houses in Gu Shunhua's house, he only has one stove to burn at night, and that's it, and he only burns it when he goes to bed. In fact, when the coal is burned out in the middle of the night, it freezes. The next day, the cold pot and stove are used again. The neighbor changed the briquettes to light the stove.

  In fact, although briquettes are expensive, they are not expensive at all. It only costs a few cents a piece. Everyone would be happy to save the space between teeth and avoid freezing. But it is not available. Not being able to buy it is a big problem.

  Now, Ren Jingnian is so reliable in doing things, and he asked Gao Jun to pull over a ton of people in one breath!

  You know, what comes out of their mines are honest and honest lumps of coal!

  Coal is different from briquettes. Briquettes are actually crushed coal, mixed with a certain proportion of loess and stone, and then made from a blank. The coal from the Inner Mongolia mines is good coal. According to the proportion, one ton of coal You can make about a thousand briquettes!

  Thousands of briquettes! That's enough for four households in one winter!

  After the twelfth lunar month and the first lunar month, the weather is about to get warmer. There is no need for briquettes for heating. She and her children save them. Even if she uses 300 briquettes, the remaining 700 briquettes will be divided among the families in the yard. Fifty briquettes can still be divided, and the remaining two hundred can be used as favors for her.

  Life is difficult for everyone. Briquettes are in such short supply. If you can give someone fifty briquettes out of thin air, they will reciprocate and treat you with love!

  Of course, you don't have to work hard to do it yourself, just give some coal to each family.

  Gu Shunhua was so happy that he didn't even know what his last name was: "Ren Jingnian, you are very reliable in this matter. Now it's better. Our house will definitely be built!"

  Ren Jingnian on the other end of the phone smiled: "I've never heard you praise me so much in my life."

  Gu Shunhua was delighted: "Isn't this a compliment to you! Whatever else you want to hear, I'll tell you!"

  For a moment, the two of them started laughing, and the previous doubts and barriers seemed to disappear.

  Ren Jingnian also talked about his job transfer and resettlement. He had performed second-class merit and was taken care of by the state. At present, the opportunity for Langfang Pipeline Bureau should be no problem, and whether it is graded or fixed, it is estimated that he can get it within a month. There are more than seventy yuan.

  Gu Shunhua liked it even more. He felt that these days could really get better and better, and everything seemed to be on track.

  "I sent you a book. You should study hard after receiving it. Do you understand?"

  "I see."

  "Do you still have enough money on hand?"

  "That's enough. I've just paid my salary. Besides, if I change jobs and leave this time, I'll be given some resettlement fees. I'll keep my travel expenses and living expenses at that time, and send the rest to you."

  "You don't have to send all the money to me. If my children and I have enough money, we will not be short of money. You can keep more for yourself. You will need money for the travel expenses from Wuyuan and settling down in Langfang. If you are poor and have a good life, you should bring more ."

  "Well, don't worry, I know what's going on."

  "Then hurry up and complete this process quickly, and you can be in Langfang, and then we can be reunited. By the way, what should we do with our belongings?"

  Mentioning this, Ren Jingnian was silent for a moment and then said, "Sell it, you can't take these things with you."

  Gu Shunhua was actually a little reluctant to part with it, but what could he do? It was impossible to transport those boxes and cabinets thousands of miles away, so he had no choice but to say: "Well, sell them. When you come, we will buy new ones."

  Ren Jingnian: "Okay, I've already told Lao Gao that he can help us figure out a way to get the wood, but it depends on the route. In short, we can definitely get it. He will pick a suitable time and ask the freight to bring it back for us. ."

  Gu Shunhua smiled: "That's good!"

  Ren Jingnian: "If you have any difficulties, you can contact Lei Yongquan. I talked to him on the phone yesterday. He said he has been busy since returning home and will meet you for a party and dinner later."

  Lei Yongquan was an educated youth who went to Inner Mongolia with Gu Shunhua. They were all friends, but Lei Yongquan's family must be particularly well-off. He was very generous when he was in Wuyuan and often gave them all kinds of delicious food.

  This person is fine everywhere, but the relationship between men and women is not very good. As soon as he went to Wuyuan, he fell in love with a local girl, but they broke up within a few days. Educated youth Chang Hui has a crush.

  Chang Hui and Lei Yongquan are helpless. They have never received a certificate. They say they just "get along", but in fact they live together.

  There are many cases like this, where people don't get the certificate because they are afraid of trouble when they return to the city, so they just stay like this, thinking that they can wait until they return to the city to get the certificate. But when they return to the city, it's still unclear whether they can get the certificate.

  Thinking about it now, they also tried to persuade Gu Shunhua at that time, but it was a pity that Gu Shunhua didn't listen. In addition, after she became pregnant and gave birth to a child, she didn't want to do that anymore.

  Ren Jingnian: "His grandfather is an old Red Army soldier with meritorious service, and his parents are also high-level intellectuals. He used to hang out with us in Inner Mongolia, which is really experienced. Now that he has returned to the capital, he has better connections than us after all. You have the skills." Go and walk around, if you need anything, just ask him."

  Gu Shunhua: "I know, I'll go there in a few days."

  After saying this, she was silent for a moment: "Then I die?"

  In fact, Gu Shunhua was a little reluctant. She still wanted to listen to him, but considering the phone bill, she had no choice but to hang up.

  On the other end, Ren Jingnian said: "Well, hang up."

  *

  On the way back to the courtyard, Gu Shunhua's steps were brisk and she walked with a breeze. All the pressure seemed to have disappeared, and she felt that the future was bright.

  When she arrived at the courtyard, she first went to Grandma Tong's house and discussed the matter with Grandma Tong. When Grandma Tong heard this, she was so happy that she almost dropped the cat.

  "It's a good idea. Let's bring the coal here first. When the time comes, I will take the lead on the matter of the house. No one disagrees!"

  After all, it can't hinder anyone. It's just taking advantage of the Su family, but the Su family actually wants to take advantage of the Gu family. This is a matter of whoever is willing to take advantage of it will have more dignity.

  If it were before, the Gu family and Gu Shunhua combined couldn't compete with the Su family and had to force it. But if Gu Shunhua could get coal, it would be different, completely different!

  These days, whoever can get supplies is the master, whoever can become arrogant and "eat joy".

  Gu Shunhua thought the same way. In the past, he had to go out of his way to win everyone's sympathy based on the pity of the mother and son, but now, this is just a matter of favor.

  After saying this, it was already evening, just when everyone was getting off work, Gu Shunhua went out to raise this issue with everyone.

  When I went out, I happened to see Qiao Xiuya talking to everyone with her sleeves covered. It turned out that the cooperative had a batch of dim sum scum recently, and it only cost ten cents a bag.

  Qiao Xiuya said with a smile: "I'll sell it tomorrow, everyone, cheer up and go buy it tomorrow!"

  When everyone heard this, they were happy and prepared to buy it.

  Pastries and other pastries are not cheap, and they require tickets, so they are not something ordinary people can buy casually. Even if the cooperative comes to buy them, everyone can't buy them, but those dim sum scum are good things, and they are cheap without tickets. It all depends on Who is well-informed?

  If Qiao Xiuya had a reputation in the courtyard, she would be able to give everyone news.

  Naturally, some people flattered Qiao Xiuya for a while, saying that she was capable, that her man was capable, and that her son was promising. Qiao Xiuya said a few words of modesty, then opened her mouth to say serious things.

  In fact, she usually wouldn't mention this matter to the courtyard.

  There are not many bags in total. Tell me, out of the twelve or three households in the courtyard, how many can grab them? So I usually talk to whomever I want to win over secretly, or simply go elsewhere to sell favors.

  Now that she has released the news in the courtyard, everyone has to praise her for being open-minded. Anyway, her good reputation has been released. As for whether they can buy it or not, it is not her business, it all depends on their own abilities.

  At this moment, when everyone was in the mood, she happened to mention the land.

  She had long been interested in the earthquake-proof shed between her home and Gu's home, and planned to use it to expand the house. It was originally a matter of mentioning it, but didn't Gu Shunhua come back?

  She could tell that Gu Shunhua's temperament had changed. It was very different from before. It was difficult to control. She was afraid that if this matter got into trouble, the Gu family would not let him go, so she simply tried to win over the big guy with small favors.

  Anyway, you don't have to do anything on your own, so you can just use your lips to spread the news!

  At the moment, she was listening to the big guy's praise, and she happened to see Chen Cuiyue coming over next to her, so she said with a smile: "By the way, I have something to discuss with the big guy."

  Chen Cuiyue was happy when she heard about the dim sum scumbag, but she also felt embarrassed that her daughter had offended someone before, so she hurriedly said: "If anything happens, just say it. If we talk about it, we will leave it alone. We are all the same From the courtyard!"

  When Qiao Xiuya saw what she said, she smiled and raised her eyelids, thinking that this was not just right, she had just finished talking, and she wanted to mention it in front of everyone to see what she had the nerve to say!

  She smiled and was about to open her mouth, but who knew, she suddenly heard a voice: "Uncles and aunties, I have something to tell you."

  Qiao Xiuya had to stop what she was saying and looked at Gu Shunhua with frowning eyebrows.

  Gu Shunhua said with a smile: "Everyone, come here. There is a great thing. Let's discuss it carefully."

  Qiao Xiuya still had a smile on her face, but there was a hint of ridicule in that smile.

  A good thing?

  Orphaned and widowed, a woman raised two children, was extremely poor, and had nothing to ask for. What great things could she do?

  However, Qiao Xiuya did not mention it, but said deliberately: "Look at this tone, this is such a big happy event. Those who don't know it would think that pie is going to fall from the sky!"

  Gu Shunhua heard the sarcasm in this and said with a smile: "I don't have any pie, but I have some coal here, which I brought here and plan to burn it myself. I guess there will be some left and I will share it with everyone."

  coal?

  When everyone first heard this, they thought they heard it wrong, coal? Share it with everyone? Where did the coal come from?

  Qiao Xiuya even burst into laughter: "Hey, Shun Hua, I see you don't have a bad face. You dare to open a coal factory! You really make us laugh!"

  Chen Cuiyue frowned: "Shunhua, what nonsense are you talking about? We only have a few briquettes at home. Since you and the child came back, I am afraid that the child will be frozen, so I dare not break them every day. Seeing that our briquettes are fast. It's not enough, I'm worried!"

  Aunt Huo next to her also said, "What's wrong with Shun Hua?"

  Gu Shunhua had actually expected it, and everyone definitely didn't believe it. However, Gao Jun's car has been sent and will arrive in the capital tomorrow. She can't delay it. She must make an agreement with everyone, and then organize people to find a platoon truck and a truck to prepare. Pull coal.

  Otherwise, she would definitely not be able to transport a ton of coal!

  She read the book and knew that the world would change greatly in the future and that anything could be sold, but not yet.

  The policy is still unclear, and she can't sell the ton of coal. She can only give points and favors to people with whom she is close.

  Immediately he said: "Mom, I'm serious. I'm not teasing you. The coal supply in the capital has been tight recently. Datong coal and Yangquan coal are almost out of supply, so we urgently transferred coal from Inner Mongolia. Inner Mongolia's coal is divided Many batches of coal have been shipped here. My friend from the mine in Inner Mongolia led a convoy to deliver coal to the capital. During the delivery, he shipped a ton for us. The money has been paid and we will arrive at Fengtai Station tomorrow because he has a mission. , cannot be delivered to our doorstep, so we need to find a way to go to Fengtai to unload the cargo and pull the coal."

  After Gu Shunhua said this, everyone was stunned, and they suddenly understood that this was not just a nice word to tease Mengzi, but the truth?

  Everyone asked Gu Shunhua a lot of questions, what does your friend do, what kind of coal was shipped, when will it arrive, and they asked everything. Gu Shunhua answered everyone. At this time, there were a lot of people in the courtyard. I heard that After hearing the news, almost everyone gathered around.

  It was actually getting late at this time, and it was quite cold outside, but no one cared about it. They all gathered around and asked about the coal.

  After Gu Shunhua talked to everyone, she finally proposed that two people from the big yard come to help her take charge of this matter. How to pick up the coal and how to make the coal into briquettes after picking it up can be discussed.

  Otherwise, if there are a group of men, women, old and children talking all over the place, things will not be done well.

  Everyone naturally agreed upon hearing this, so they quickly selected Mr. Pan. Mr. Pan was the master of the yard, so he naturally had nothing to say and everyone had to be convinced. There was nothing else to say, and another Mr. Huo was selected. Six, Huo Laoliu is Yongzi's father, who works in a paper factory and is down-to-earth and loyal.

  After these two people were selected, everyone was convinced and said that they would listen to your command, tell them what they need, and try their best to pull coal.

  They were discussing the matter of picking up the coal in such a noisy manner. Qiao Xiuya was really dumbfounded as she watched this scene. Thinking about what she had not said yet, she kept looking for a chance to mention it, but there was no chance!

  Now that everyone has finally finished discussing it, she wanted me to mention this matter, so she smiled and said: "While everyone is here together today--"

  Who would have thought that in the middle of her words, Grandma Tong said loudly: "Sir, Shunhua is so kind. When he came back, he saw that we didn't have enough coal, so he wanted to share the coal with us. Shunhua, this kid, is so kind." , there's nothing to say!"

  Everyone actually thought so in their hearts, but they didn't have time to say it. When Grandma Tong mentioned it, they all agreed.

  Qiao Xiuya's words were suppressed in her stomach. She looked at the big guy with a sly look, chuckled, and went back to the house first.

  It was a waste of opportunity for her dim sum scumbag, and she just missed the good time to mention this matter!

  *********

  That's the good thing about a large courtyard. There are more than a dozen families, from all walks of life, and they don't know anything. They are old neighbors. If you want anything, you can just say hello.

  When Gu Shunhua had dinner, he saw Master Pan and Huo Laoliu coming over. In a short time, they actually contacted two mule carts.

  These two mule carts are from the non-staple food distribution station. The non-staple food products of the district non-staple food company are stored at the distribution station, and mule carts are responsible for pulling the non-staple food products there and distributing them to the cooperatives. The mule carts from the cargo substation usually pass through the alley, and when they meet old people of about the same age, they will chat with each other. Everyone is familiar with them. Huo Laoliu promised him twenty briquettes, and he helped him with this trip. , handlebar styles are all ready-made.

  When Gu Shunhua heard this, it was good and it would save trouble, so he discussed where to put the coal when it came, where to transport the loess, and how to grind the coal lumps into coal noodles to make briquettes. These were all worries, but everyone If we think of a solution together, the matter will be easily solved. After spending one night and visiting several houses, the matter will be settled.

  It was inevitable that some of them had a hidden meaning in their words. When the time came, they would pay Gu Shunhua a little more according to the price of the public coal factory. After all, it couldn't be in vain.

  Everyone is like Ming Jing'er. It's not easy to buy briquettes. They are all rationed. Buying briquettes is actually not a matter of money. If you don't have the ability, you won't be able to buy them no matter how much money you give!

  In this regard, Gu Shunhua directly said that a ton of coal is only twenty-three yuan. If a thousand briquettes can be made, and one briquette is divided into two and three parts, then each family will be divided into fifty briquettes, which is one yuan and fifteen cents.

  "I definitely can't make money from everyone. I will make a batch of briquettes myself and share the excess with everyone. When the time comes, the handlebars will help us, and we will give them briquettes, loess and other things, and we will pull them ourselves. The consumption is also included, calculated according to briquettes, and the favor money is included in it anyway. I won't take any extra penny."

  She left these words here because she was afraid that something might happen.

  Gu Shunhua actually thought that if it could work in the future, this business would not be impossible, but not now. Firstly, it was the first time, and it was mainly to build a house as a favor. Secondly, the current direction of the trend was still unclear, so she had to be careful. Let those who can't stand it use her as a raft to report.

  Gu Shunhua said this clearly, and everyone clapped their hands and praised it. They only said that Gu Shunhua's matter was really done and he helped everyone a lot!

  Gu Shunhua calculated the accounts in private and was actually quite satisfied. She had calculated that if a family had fifty briquettes and there were still two hundred left, then she would give fifty to Wang Xinrui's family and then look at other suitable ones. Give it away as a favor, so that if you ask someone for something in the future, you can open your mouth. After all, it's better to come and go. Otherwise, you will always be asking others to do things, and you won't be able to bear it.

  She was calculating in her mind, and her hands were not idle either. She washed the two children's close-fitting autumn clothes and long trousers, and boiled water for the two children to wash their feet.

  Gu Yuehua was very happy and circled around Gu Shunhua like a monkey: "Sister, we just agreed that I will follow the handlebar to pick up the coal tomorrow!"

  He thought this was a big deal.

  He was young, so he didn't catch up with going to the countryside, so he stayed in Sijiu City, full of enthusiasm, wishing that the sky would drop a hole for him to fill.

  Now that he can pull coal, he feels it is better than moving briquettes in the coal factory.

  Gu Shunhua looked at his stupid look, which was funny, but also a little helpless. Today, Mr. Pan chose a few young people. He chose Yongzi, Gu Yuehua, and several others in the compound. They were all strong and would be responsible for the matchmaking. Gu Duoer and Neia were also chosen to help watch and do the corner work.

  She thought for a moment: "Yuehua, don't you think it's boring to carry briquettes?"

  Gu Yuehua: "It's not fun to carry briquettes to the government, but I think it's fun to carry coal to our compound!"

  Gu Shunhua smiled and said, "What are your plans for the future?"

  Gu Yuehua stopped hanging around Gu Shunhua. He lay on the bed with his hands behind his head and his feet raised, playing with the two children and letting them use his long legs as a slide.

  Hearing this, he pinched his cheeks and asked, "Plan? What is that? Can you eat it?"

  Gu Shunhua smiled helplessly and sighed: "You are no longer a child. Our mother will let you go on a blind date tomorrow. You should think more about it!"

  Gu Yuehua: "Sister, what's the use of thinking about that! Anyway, the boat will be straight when it reaches the bridge!"

  Gu Shunhua became serious: "Now that the college entrance examination is relaxed, have you considered taking the college entrance examination and going to university?"

  In fact, Gu Shunhua was thinking about this issue when he was buying books today.

  She graduated from junior high school and went to the countryside. She had no chance to go to high school. After being in the countryside for eight years, she couldn't remember some of the knowledge in junior high school. It was difficult to pick up the textbooks again. Besides, she had to take care of two children.

  So she thought that she couldn't squeeze into the college entrance examination, but in the future, if she worked and the conditions were better, she could go to night school, go to a TV university, or take the adult college entrance examination. It didn't matter what kind of university it was, she should study hard to improve her knowledge and skills. Knowledge and what you learn are your own.

  As for Ren Jingnian, although he was only one year older than me, he went to school early and skipped a grade. When he was 16 and went to the Inner Mongolia Corps, he had already graduated from high school and had a good foundation. Now it is relatively easy to get into college.

  As for Gu Yuehua, he is two years younger than him. Fortunately, he did not go to the countryside. He also finished high school. He has not put down books for a short time. He still remembers the knowledge. There is still hope for him to take the college entrance examination now.

  In the past two days, Gu Shunhua couldn't sleep at night. He still recalled the book. When he and Yan Chongli divorced, had nothing and fell ill, how his stupid brother with no ability tried his best to raise money for his treatment. He I begged Grandpa to tell Grandma that he no longer had the rebelliousness he had when he was young and that all the edges and corners had been worn away. He worked as a coolie on the construction site and his shoulders were bruised to pieces without saying a word.

  How could she bear it!

  For such a heart-warming brother who has no ability, she wants him to have a better future and live a better life.

  But who knows, Gu Yuehua didn't even listen: "Sister, what are you thinking about? The college entrance examination is so difficult, I will definitely fail it, and all my efforts will be in vain!"

  When Gu Shunhua heard this, he grimaced: "How do you know if you don't try? Look at the young man in your twenties who is just fooling around all day long. What do you look like? You have gone to high school after all. What's the matter with taking the college entrance examination after high school? If I hadn't gone to high school, I would have signed up to try to go to college now!"

  Gu Yuehua glanced at Gu Shunhua in surprise. Somewhat confused: "Sister, why are you so angry?"

  Gu Shunhua stood up and went to the front room: "Think about it for yourself, do you want to go out and try the college entrance examination, or stay at home and be the uncle for the rest of your life!"

  Gu Yuehua watched Gu Shunhua leave in a daze, but to his surprise, Manman slid down from his ankle and slammed it down with a sudden movement.

  "Ouch--" screamed, and Gu Yuehua burst into tears.

  This little guy hits his chest, it really hurts!

  Gu Shunhua heard the screams in the outer room, but ignored them. Anyway, it was not her son or her daughter's screams. This stupid brother deserved to be hurt, just in time to clear his mind.

  Going to the outhouse, Chen Cuiyue happened to be carrying a box of dirt to empty.

  Dirty soil is actually garbage, mostly ash and slag. The old rule in the alley is that it must be dumped on the same day, not overnight.

  Gu Shunhua stepped forward and answered directly: "I'll pour it."

  Chen Cuiyue let her pour it, but said: "You have to think carefully about the briquettes and save some for your uncle."

  Gu Shunhua: "Mom, let's talk about this later. I have to take care of my house first. This is a favor. The briquettes will be exchanged for everyone's signature."

  Chen Cuiyue: "What, your uncle is not a favor?"

  Gu Shunhua was very indifferent: "My uncle owes me a favor, so let them build a house for me!"

  Chen Cuiyue: "Huh?"

  Gu Shunhua ignored it and went out directly carrying the dirt.

  *****

  When she got up early the next day, Chen Cuiyue talked about it again, saying that if she didn't give her briquettes to her parents' family, she would give them to her parents' family. Gu Quanfu had a dark face and finally said, "If you don't want to live, it's up to you." Chen Cuiyue felt that I gave him an army and went to work with a slumped face.

  As for the person who had agreed to pull coal, he naturally didn't go to work. He went to find two handlers first and drove the mule cart to Fengtai.

  As usual, Gu Shunhua entrusted the two children to Grandma Tong and followed there.

  The few people in the compound who were not working all ran to the cooperative. Although everyone was thinking about the coal, they did not forget the snacks and dregs from the cooperative, and they all ran to buy them.

  Who would have thought that after I went there, there was a long queue, and before I got there, they said it was gone.

  As for when it will be available, who knows, just wait and see!

  Everyone was naturally disappointed, saying what kind of news was this? I don't know how many people knew the news, so all the trouble was in vain!

  Qiao Xiuya packed up, smoothed her permed and curled hair, and was about to go out. Seeing this, she rolled her eyes and said lightly: "It's not because everyone was talking about coal yesterday, and it was delayed. Otherwise, what would happen?" As for not being able to buy it!"

  When Aunt Huo heard what she said, she laughed angrily: "This is not the same thing, it's not the same thing!"

  Qiao Xiuya was upset and felt that she had lost face. When she thought about introducing her partner to the district food leader, she felt even more boring. She suppressed her discomfort, lowered her head and left.

  Gu Shunhua and the others passed by Fengtai in a mighty manner. The others inquired carefully and found out that large trucks carrying coal would pass by here, so they became energetic and looked around, expecting the trucks to come.

  They were looking forward to it, but there was no one there at all. Everyone analyzed and estimated that they would arrive later. They only said they would arrive today, but they didn't say they would arrive early in the morning.

  Who would have thought that just when it was dark, everyone at work had already left work, and bicycles and people were passing by, but no cars were seen.

  Everyone was a little worried and asked Gu Shunhua if he heard it right.

  Gu Shunhua: "That's what I said on the phone. Please wait a little longer. After all, it's a truck. The entire fleet may be delayed."

  Mr. Pan nodded: "Since it was said over there that the convoy has set off, even if something happens, there will be news. Everyone, wait patiently. Even if you can't wait today, you should arrive tomorrow."

  In fact, everyone thinks so too, you still have to wait in case you miss it.

  But it's getting dark now, and it's really cold. Everyone just ate a little at noon to cushion themselves, and now they're all so hungry that their chests are touching their backs.

  Gu Shunhua then suggested that he take two people back first to get some food for everyone, and Master Pan naturally agreed.

  At that moment, Gu Shunhua, Gu Duo'er and Ning Ya were riding their bicycles back to the alley, thinking about bringing the roasted sweet potatoes and slices of cornstarch from the stove at home to give them a cushion.

  After returning home, it was just when the big guys were cooking, the whole yard was filled with the sound of pots and pans, several children were playing with rolling hoops in the corridor, and even Manman and Duoduo were running around after the big guys.

  When the child saw Gu Shunhua, he rushed over happily.

  Gu Shunhua comforted her and hurried home to get the sweet potatoes. Gu Duoer and Ning Ya also went to each house to get food.

  Seeing them coming back in the courtyard, they naturally asked about it. Gu Shunhua told the story. Aunt Huo became a little worried when she heard it: "But please don't make any trouble. How about we help go over and have a look?"

  Everyone else in the big yard was also asking questions. Naturally, everyone was worried, what if the promised briquettes were gone.

  At this time, Qiao Xiuya came out of her room with a handful of sunflower seeds in her hand. When she saw them, she shared them with everyone: "Have a try, have a taste, our commune has just arrived today."

  Eating sunflower seeds, she looked at Gu Shunhua with a smile: "Shunhua, the coal has been delivered, right? Why didn't you bring it into the yard to share it with everyone?"

  Seeing the look on her face when she saw the good show, Gu Shunhua knew that this person didn't expect good things from others, so he didn't bother to talk to her. He just said lightly: "Aunt Qiao, when the coal comes, if you are short, please give me two."

  Gu Shunhua spoke very generously, but when he opened his mouth, he said two dollars, two dollars, only two dollars.

  Qiao Xiuya sneered: "Where is the lack of that in my family? Usually when I am in the cooperative, the people I see are from the coal factory. They talk about it a lot. I don't even care about the ones from Mentougou. I only use the ones from Datong and Yangquan. What do you think? Take it however you want!"

  There are also coal mines in Mentougou, the capital, but compared to this, people recognize Shanxi coal more. In the past, when we didn't have honeycomb briquettes, we still burned coal. Shanxi Datong or Yangquan coal was black and bright, with less prohibition. Of course, it was also expensive. Only those with good family backgrounds could afford it. .

  Gu Shunhua: "Our Inner Mongolia coal is not as good as Datong coal and Yangquan coal, so we can use it as we please. Aunt Qiao laughed."

  Qiao Xiuya chuckled: "Shunhua, where is your coal? Have you brought it in? Where is it? Open your eyes. I have never seen Inner Mongolia coal before!"

  Gu Shunhua: "Wait a minute, it's not here yet."

  Qiao Xiuya was surprised and frowned: "Not here yet? Why not here yet? It's so late, what could have happened?"

  Gu Shunhua said quietly: "Aunt Qiao, please keep your heart in mind, our coal will come no matter what."

  Gu Duo'er and NingYa beside them both couldn't stand it. Gu Duo'er was cheerful and said directly: "Let's get the food back quickly, maybe the coal truck has already arrived!"

  Ning Ya smiled and said, "Yes, when our coal arrives, there will be some movement when unloading it. Aunt Qiao, please be patient."

  We are all old neighbors, and we talk politely, talking to each other one by one, but there is a sharp edge in our words.

  When Gu Shunhua took the two girls out on bicycles, Qiao Xiuya's face suddenly dropped and she shook her head: "I have to ask Cuiyue, how does this child grow? Look, what are the words, and No rules? What do you think she can do to transport coal? It's already dark, where did the coal come from? It's all in vain!"

  A few people nearby, who liked her, naturally chimed in with a few words, but of course most of them remained silent or hid and pretended not to hear.

  No matter what you say, Gu Shunhua said that he would get coal for himself. Wait, don't be afraid of being late for a good meal.

  But Qiao Xiuya was unhappy. She met the person who served the food department in the commune today. They asked her how the introduction went, but she couldn't even talk to her. What could she do? She could only apologize to them. In the end, she was If you show off your face, there may be no chance of job transfer in the future.

  Just thinking about it makes me angry!

  It happened that Chen Cuiyue came back from the official's hut. As soon as she saw it, she started to argue: "You have to take good care of your daughter. Look, all the men are playing around with her today. It's dark. There is no coal at all, isn't this a joke?"

  Chen Cuiyue was not here just now, but now she was shocked when she heard: "No coal?"

  Qiao Xiuya's eyes were filled with excitement, and she grabbed some sunflower seeds and gave them to everyone: "Isn't that right? There is no coal! There is no coal at all. There has been no movement for a while. This means it's yellow!"

  At this time, when the cooks and those who had just gotten off work heard this, they all became confused and gathered around to ask what was going on.

  Gu Shunhua and Gu Duo'er Ningya were riding back. Unexpectedly, as soon as they arrived at the entrance of the alley, they heard the sound of mules and the clatter of hoofs. Everyone looked around and saw that a mule cart with handlebars was turning into the alley. !

  Although this alley is narrow, the alleys were built according to the width of the carriage, anyway, you can pass through it just right. Yongzi and Gu Yuehua jumped out of the car to help look at the corner, and carefully turned in using the handlebars.

  Guduo'er Ningya looked at the packed mule cart from a distance, the straw mats on it were all bulging, and there was a touch of black on the face of the handlebar type, and she knew in her heart that she had received it?

  I was so happy at the moment, I couldn't believe it!

  In fact, when I was said that just now, I was afraid that something would go wrong, and I was even more afraid that if I didn't get it, someone would talk to me, so I was mentally prepared. But before I even got out of the alley, the mule cart came back!

  Gu Yuehua squatted in the car behind him and started singing when he had nothing to do. When he saw his sister, he waved happily: "I got the coal!"

  Gu Duo'er let out a joyful cry, and Neia also laughed: "This is great!"

  Several people rushed to greet them. Two carts were loaded with almost 500 kilograms each. When they opened the straw mats, they saw shiny black coal.

  When Gu Yuehua saw it at first sight, his eyes were sore and he almost wanted to cry.

  This was the coal produced in their mine, serious Inner Mongolia coal. She could almost smell the wind at the foot of Yinshan Mountain!

  The author has something to say: 

  Coal is rationed by the planned economy, but there is no way. The male protagonist's family is originally guarding the mine... One ton of coal sounds like a lot, but in fact, a platoon truck can pull 500 kilograms at a time, which is only two trucks. , it's no problem to squeeze some out from between the teeth.

  As for the transport capacity of a platoon truck, why it can transport 500 kilograms in one go is actually easy to explain. Let's calculate 60 kilograms for an adult man. It is not a problem for a car to transport seven or eight adult men. The 500 kilograms of coal Blocks are no longer a problem.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 130 21
Marrying a Good Man in Chronicles (穿进年代文中嫁个好男人) Author: Dong Siyue   Wenli loves to eat and is lazy. She is a natural homebody who can lie down but...
3.9M 162K 62
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
27K 275 19
Beautiful Yaomei becomes the richest man after remarrying a boss [70's] Original title: 漂亮幺妹改嫁大佬后首富了[七零] Author: Jiang Jiang Youjiu [Complete]   Intr...
10.2K 61 7
Beauty Climb High Branch in 70's (七零美人攀高枝儿) Author: Xiliangmiao Type: time travel and rebirth Zhang Hui woke up and returned to the scene of forced m...