And You became my Dawn

By lailamehtaab

Ahmed Wali, a man in his late twenties, the heir of Wali Brothers, a famous name in the constructions compani... More

Chapter #1
Chapter#2
Chapter# 3
Chapter# 4
Chapter# 5
Chapter# 6
Chapter# 7
Chapter# 8
Chapter# 9
Chapter# 10
Chapter#11
Chapter#12
Chapter#13
Chapter#14
Chapter#15
Chapter#16
Chapter#17
Chapter#18
Chapter# 19
Chapter#20
Chapter#21
Chapter#22
Chapter#23
Chapter#24
Chapter#25
Chapter#26
Chapter#27
Chapter#28
Chapter# 29
Chapter#30
Chapter#32
Chapter#33
Chapter#34
Chapter#35
Author's Note
Chapter#36
Chapter#37
Chapter#38
Chapter# 39
Chapter#40
Chapter#41 (Final Chapter)

Chapter#31

24.2K 1.4K 31
By lailamehtaab

Not edited.

Sandal POV:

"BAJJO...! Ahmed Bhai is calling you..." I was washing dinner dishes when l heard Hareem's shout from my room.

"Go bajjo, your Hubby is calling you." Areeba teased.

"Shut up!" I left the dishes and walked to my room. Hareem was busy playing a game on Ahmed's tablet, while her head resting on his lap and he was guiding her on how to play.

Friendly much ...?

"G (yes)?" I asked entering the room.

"Where is Auntie?" Ahmed asked.

"Sleeping, she got tired because people were coming for condolence."

"Hm, sleep is good for her.... and... where is the cactus?" Hareem giggled when he called Areeba 'cactus'.

"She is making tea." I sat on a cushion in the corner of the room.

When Areeba brings his tea and cold drinks for us sisters. He teased Areeba, "Having Saaliyan (sister-in-law) is a blessing for a man. Right cactus?"

"Every single word you say is correct Dulha (groom) Bhai." Said Areeba smiling and Ahmed's crocked an eyebrow.

So, they are ready for battle ...

We all sat together talking about different things, from our school life till now. Things about Papa, Shoaib, and Palwisha. We never talked like this about them after their deaths and the best thing was, not even once the environment becomes stressful. We went to bed when Hareem sleeps, during our chatting. I was about to lay down beside Ami when Areeba came to me.

"Bajjo! ... I think you should sleep with Ahmed Bhai."

"Huh?"

"He is here leaving his work, his family and all his responsibilities towards her newly wedded sister ... he is here to support you and your family. It's kind of sweet of him... No one does that, bajjo... so, I think you should be with him more... he is your family too."

"I know, but what will Ami thin-"

" Ami will understand ... every mother of a daughter will understand this... go now, I can see you are getting excited now." She smiled mischievously.

"No, I am not!"

"Ahan. But Bajjo the blush creeping up on your face telling a whole different story." She grinned and pushed me out of the room.

~*~

The door was open and I can see him doing work on his tablet, still, I knocked.

"Hey, I thought you went to bed... something wrong?" He inquired and focus back on his tablet.

"No, everything is fine ... I was just wondering can... I..." I stop in the middle when I saw Areeba facepalming herself, from the corner of my eyes.

"You were wondering?" Ahmed turns his full attention to me.

"I-" I was about to say but interrupted by Areeba.

"Uff Bajjo! You can't even say that."

"Say what?" Ahmed got up from the bed, frowning in confusion.

"Take your wife back Ahmed Bhai, she doesn't want to sleep without you." With that Areeba pushed me hard from the back. My feet stumble and I landed on my husband's chest. He quickly takes a hold of me and helps me to steady myself.

"Shaba Khair." I heard Areeba's amused voice, with the door shutting. Everything happened so fast that it took me a while to understand the whole situation and my eyes widened when the realization hits me.

My sister betrayed me... and... I am still clinging to Ahmed.

I look up at his face and found him staring back at me with a genuine smile.

"Well ... I guess I owe Areeba now for making my night." He says tightening his arm around me.

~

"Can't sleep?" Ahmed asks me, sitting beside me on the bed while working on his laptop and I nodded.

"Nightmare?" He inquires, sliding his fingers into my hair. This immediately calms my nerves and I closed my eyes.

"No, nightmares...I am worried about Hareem.... will she be okay?"

"It's too late to think about it."

"Yeah ..... I know." My voice came out as a whisper, I turn my face towards the window from where I use stars with Palwisha. I sighed and tilt my head to have a better view.

"What are you looking at?" I heard Ahmed's voice after a few moments.

"Stars." I answered without looking at him.

"Do you like stars?"

"Yes, I like them. But not as much Palwisha liked them." I smiled remembering her, "she wasn't fond of flowers, butterflies, and other colourful things... she only like stars... star shape sticking earrings .... star-shaped beads bracelets, star-shaped cookies, she even wants her plate in star shape... only because of her I choose stars theme for our room... I never understand her craze for stars." A tear slid down from the corner of my eye. I wiped it off quickly when I felt his arm around my waist.

"You know ... I never liked stars. Not even now, because whenever I tried to see them in my childhood days, the black mass encircling them scared me and I close my eyes every time...I don't know how does star look like and are they beautiful or not... still I am afraid of looking at them. So, I found an easy way... I quit...I .... ran away... stopped trying to face my fear and let it win. Now I regret not being bold enough and miss the beauty that Allah created for us." He paused for a moment, " Hareem, is a very brave girl... instead of having every reason of running away, she chooses to stand and face her fear... she made a decision that I couldn't take when I was at her age... her resolve is way powerful from her fear. So, don't worry about her... and about Palwisha, Shoaib, your Papa and every person that leave us. They are always with us, it's our choice to feel them or not. If you feel and look carefully, you will find their little deed in everyone around you. They are not gone,... just hidden from your sight." He whispered the last part and held me tight.

After repeating every word in my head I feel relaxed, but it hurts me to know that he can't even look at the stars because of his phobia. I closed my eyes and hold his arm around me.

~

Ahmed's POV:

Leaning against the car I silently look at the students going into School. Helping their fellows who were not fully recovering yet, as they still have bandages on their bodies.

How come innocent kids deserve such injuries?

I loathed such people who don't have mercy in their hearts, not even for kids. I sighed and look around again. I don't know why I was here... I don't know if my presence here, can ease their sufferings or not but I don't like the idea of leaving them alone and I was glad that I didn't. At least I can give a smile and a thumbs up to Hareem which her family is lacking to give her... But looking at them I don't think these students need us, as they already have each other. Their eyes held determination to move forward and not bow down their heads. They have a long journey ahead of them and they were ready to take the first step. The one who needed help was people who stand this side of school gates. Parents, who lost their only child or all children... Standing silently looking at children with longing eyes and wiping their tears again and again. I heard a sob and my head snapped towards it. Auntie was crying badly clutching to her dupatta.

"Auntie don't cry. You're strong.... wife and mother of Shaheed (martyr )... don't cry." I hugged her tight and said, "look at your daughter there Auntie ... she is a Ghazi (one who struggles), going to complete her mission of education ... a mission that is granted to us by Allah... have pride in her braveness Auntie, have pride in our Shaheed."

She nodded lightly and mumbled. "Allah take care of my children."

Ameen....

______________________________________

Salam and hello everyone!

Uff! It was hard to write this chapter. I couldn't stop my own tears from flowing when I remember those kids and their families. So, sorry if you find mistakes in this chapter.

Kids are the beauty of this world and the blessing of Allah. Injuring them or killing them is a sin.
Their smiles and their innocence need to be protected and may Allah help us in protecting it.

http://www.studentgala.com/bara-dushman-bana-phirta-hai-full-song-download-army-pakistan.html/

A song for those flowers who left so soon and for the buds which are about to bloom.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Take care :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 9.3K 34
"You will not meet that man again" He warned her and try to control his anger. "Why should I listen you-" "Because you're my wife don't ever forget t...
169K 8.1K 21
Meet Miral Mansoor , a 18 years old beautiful girl who loves to sing and keep on singing no matter where she is and what she is doing . Meet Syed Za...
15.8K 814 33
"...Don't show that you cared about my happiness, when you actually didn't. I doubt if you ever truly did care." I whispered the last part menacingly...
78.3K 3.8K 28
(Unwanted Series#4) (Sequel to HSB & HAB) -"She has my heart. Its all up to her either cherish it or throw it."- - - - "Sha-Shai-Shaizum.. Shaizum...