Tensura: The Slime and the Hy...

By Bokilin

A man named Satoru Mikami is killed during a botched mugging and finds his soul reincarnated into the body of... More

The Slime, Dragon, and Cambion
Fight for the Goblin Village
Through the Dwarven Kingdom
The Conqueror of Flames
Attack of the Ogres
Orc Disaster
Jura Tempest Federation
Seasonal Activities
Festivities for Jura
Milim Nava
Fun to past the time

Forest Disturbance

385 16 6
By Bokilin

After some time, Rimuru finally woke up to greet our newly evolved subordinates.

Just like the Goblins, when they got named and evolved into the Hobgoblins and Goblinas. The Ogres had evolved into Kijin.

As a result of their evolution, not only had they become basically one of the most powerful people in this forest, but they also changed to a more Human like appearance.

Shame we only got six of them.

{Mimir: Actually, Goblins are a degraded version of the Kijin which are the descendants of the Enki, one of the original races of this world. This means that as time goes on, the Hobgoblins and Goblinas could evolve into Ogres and later on, Kijin.}

So what your saying is... every single Hobgoblin and Goblina in this village could become like Benimaru and the rest if given enough time and effort?

{Mimir: Pretty much.}

...Time to do some training!

And by training, I mean Hakuro taking some of our more skilled subordinates like Gobta and Gobzo; allowing him to mercilessly beat them into the ground until their a bloody and broken mess before healing them up and redoing it all over again.

Also, it was only after the Kijin joined that I noticed something interesting from our subordinates.

Whenever Benimaru or Rigurd addressed as separately, it was always Rimuru first and then me. But when we spoke to Shuna or Souei, it was my name before Rimuru's.

According to Mimir, the reason for this was actually them addressing the person who gave them their name first. They were extremely loyal to both of us, but held a slight more respect to personally whoever named. And in an act to show this respect, they address the person who named them first when addressing us separately.

This explained why some of our people referred to Rimuru by name first and others by me first. But that's not really important at this point.

On top a hill, while watching Hakuro tortur-I mean, train the others. Benimaru gave us a little more info on the Orcs.

Rimuru: Orc Lord?

Benimaru: To put it rather simply, a literal monster. Their an incredibly rare beast that is born to the Orcs every few centuries, similar to the Kijin actually. It is a unique monster that is capable of devouring the fear and anxiety of their comrades, making them an unnaturally effective leader.

Blake: What makes you think one is with them?

Benimaru: When they attacked my village, they seemed completely unfazed by the death of their own people. Hence, my suspicion.

Still seems a bit far fetched to me.

Rimuru: But why bother attacking your village in the first place?

Benimaru: ...I'm not sure if there's a connection, but shortly before the attack, a Majin came to our village. When he saw me, he said he'd give me a name. But he seemed rather untrustworthy, so I naturally refused; he cursed me while leaving the village.

Rimuru: A Majin... you think he was upset that you rejected his gift?

Benimaru: Perhaps, but I had no other choice. I'd never except such a gift from an unsuitable master. I am rather particular, so I wouldn't accept a name from just anyone.

Blake: This Majin... was he named Gelmud by chance?

Benimaru: Uh, I believe so... you know of him?

Blake: Before we got to this village. The Goblins actually had a named warrior with them who was son of Rigurd, the villages elder. According to Rigur, who was this warrior's brother, a Majin named Gelmud named him after seeing great potential within him.

Benimaru: Named someone from this village before your arrival? Why name someone from this place and then move on to the Ogres?

Sensing a familiar presence, we all turned in the direction of a tree where Souei then appeared kneeling under it.

Souei: I have something to report.

Blake: What is it?

Souei: I saw a group of Lizardmen heading this way.

Rimuru: Lizardmen? Not Orcs?

Souei: Correct. I believe the Lizardmen make their home in the marshlands, so it seems unnatural for them to stray so far away. I thought you should know.

Blake: Did you see what they were doing?

Souei: They seemed to be attempting negotiations with a nearby Goblin village. Which means they're likely to come here soon.

If I had to take an educated guess, they've likely heard about the Orc army and are seeking potential allies to fight back against them.

Days later:

After the Kijin came to join us, the village has been progressing so much that it's becoming less of a village and more of a small town.

Garm: Now this is some quality stuff!

Dord: So you're saying this fabric is basically silk, Shuna?

Shuna: That's right. It's actually made from Hellmoth cocoons. There full of magicules, which makes the cloth rather durable.

Garm: I see! Should be useful for protective gear then.

Blake: Glad you guys have already made silk.

Turning to the entrance, the group saw Blake, Rimuru, and Shion walk in.

Shuna: Lord Blake and Lord Rimuru!

Garm: Hello.

Dord: Hey there!

Myrd: Hmmm.

Is one word too much to ask?!

Shuna: I'm so happy you came to visit!

Shuna ran over and started to nuzzle Rimuru a bit, making Shion give a bit of a dark look.

Rimuru: N-No problem! How are things going?

Shuna: Great! The weaving loom sir Kaijin made for me is perfect and so easy to use!

Blake: Good to hear. We'll be counting on you to make some of the best clothes we've got.

Shuna: Just leave it to me!

Shion: Well, we should probably go my lords. We don't want lunch to get cold.

Shuna: Oh Shion~ Are you enjoying your position as our Lords secretary?

Shion: Yes, as a matter of fact, I am.

Shion decided to declare herself as our secretary and bodyguard. Admittingly, while she looked like the former, her overall personality and mannerisms definitely made her more like the latter.

Shuna: You know Shion, you could always leave our Lords here with me?

Shion: Oh Princess, we don't want to get in your way. After all, you still have lots of clothes to make.

The two grabbed onto Rimuru and became to stretch him out while emitting dangerous auras.

Shuna: It's no worries. Believe it or not, I am actually quite good at multitasking. If Lord Rimuru is unable to stay, then maybe at least Lord Blake could be with me instead.

Shion: But we wouldn't want him to miss lunch though.

Shuna: In that case, I suppose we'll just have to ask our Lords which one they would prefer to serve them, won't we?

An eerie smile appeared on both their faces while their aura flared up in a menacing manner.

While these two were arguing, the Dwarf brothers were busy stroking their beards and smirking at the situation. I was confused before noticing how close they were getting to ripping Rimuru a part and quickly reacted by grabbing him from them.

Blake: Calm down you two! You were both about to literally tear Rimuru in two.

Shuna & Shion: We're sorry!

Blake: Anyways. Shuna, we really need you here to focus on making the silk. But if you have spare time, then feel free to come over and serve us as much as you want if that's what you desire.

Shuna: That sounds perfect! So your saying you do want my help?

Blake: I wouldn't mind it. As stated, feel free to come over if you have the time. With that done, we better get moving.

Now that was done, we made our way over to the main office building where Benimaru, Souei, and Hakuro were sitting at.

Blake: Hell you three.

Benimaru: Good afternoon.

Souei: Sirs.

Hakuro: Have you both decided to come eat lunch?

Rimuru: Yep! Shion said she made a special meal and I'm dying to try it.

The second he said Shion was cooking, all the Kijin suddenly stiffened up. They had scared looks on their faces and began to sweat profusely.

Rimuru: You guys wanna join us?

Benimaru: Uh... you know, I'm actually not that hungry.

Hakuro: Right, we just came here for tea.

Souei: I'll pass... excuse me, I should really scout the area.

The man then quickly got up and used "Body Double" to make clones of himself before disappearing.

Seeing the reaction and nervousness of all three made me really concerned, and this reaction happened after mentioning Shion's cooking...

Blake: Actually Shion, I ate a bit before coming here. So I'll just be here drinking tea if you don't mind.

Shion: Oh. Alright, if that's what you wish my lord.

Shion went into the kitchen while Rimuru turned into his Human form and stared at us suspiciously.

Rimuru's mind: That's odd. Is there a reason why they seem so nervous? ...Wait a minute! Don't tell me this is one of those overused troupes where the seemingly skilled hot woman turns out to be a terrible cook!

Shion: Hope you're hungry!

Shion brought out a bowl of her cooking... at least, I thought that's what it was...

...What in the name of all this still holy left in this world did this Demon just make?

{Mimir: ...I have no words.}

Did... Shion just dumbstruck Mimir?!

Benimaru's stomach then growled, betraying his obvious lie earlier about not being hungry, while I just whistled and looked away from Rimuru's glare.

Rimuru's mind: Not hungry, yeah right! Those cowards knew Shion was a terrible cook and left me to die! Benimaru, look at me you jerk! Look me in the eyes before I die! And the old man's just casually hiding his presence while Blake's too far away for me to drag his cowardly ass back here to die with me! TRAITORS!!

Benimaru's mind: Forgive me, Lord Rimuru...

Hakuro's mind: It's all part of your training.

Blake's mind: I refuse to die thanks to the cowardice and stupidity of others...

As Shion gave the terrified Rimuru a spoon to eat, Gobta and Gobzo came in at the same time to eat with us.

Rimuru hesitantly lifted the slowly melting spoon to his face, where I got a look at it's contents.

Okay, this better be my imagination cause I could've sworn I just saw the f*cking spoon full of horror just smile at Rimuru.

{Mimir: It's alive?!}

Mimir?

{Mimir: I. Must. Analyze. Thing. That. Should. Not. Naturally. Exist!}

Is Mimir having a mental crisis inside my head right now?

Suddenly, Rimuru closed his eyes, turned the spoon around and shoved the spoon into the mouth of the unsuspecting Gobta who was right behind him. Immediately, Gobta fell to the ground, convulsing with his mouth foaming and his face turning purple before he stopped squirming and laid still.

Everyone stared silently at the scene, with a nervous Shion looking away.

Shion: Uh... oops?

Rimuru: ...Shion.

Shion: Y-Yes sir?

Rimuru: Next time you decide to make a meal, get Benimaru's approval first.

Benimaru stared at Rimuru like he had just condemned him to hell itself while Rimuru stuck out his tongue.

It's all in Benimaru's hands now, hopefully we will not lose anymore good monsters to the pestilence that was Shion's cooking like we did Gobta.

I knelt down, close Gobta's dead horrified eyes, gently placed a napkin over his face, and clasped my hands together with my close to mutter a prayer for his soul.

With the preparations for a funeral being formed in my head, I left shortly after.

Later:

Blake: A Lizardmen envoy?

Rigurd: Indeed, they arrived just outside the village a few minutes ago.

Rigurd reported about the Lizardmen envoy arriving to us and wanted to tell me and Rimuru.

I went to grab Rimuru, who was in the workshop with Kurobe and Kaijin before we met up with the Kijin who wanted to join us.

Currently, it was me, Rimuru, Rigurd, Benimaru, Shion, and Hakuro who decided to met with the Lizardmen.

{Mimir: Master, be warned...}

What?

{Mimir: I have analyzed the psychology of the envoy's leader. This Lizardmen... is an idiot.}

That seems a little harsh since we haven't met him yet...

{Mimir: Remember those bandits from the Dwargon incident?}

Yeah, but what does that have do with... wait! Are you saying that...?

{Mimir: ...Yes.}

That... is not possible... no one is that stupid... please tell me your joking?

{Mimir: ...}

Mimir...?

When we showed up to the entrance, the Lizardmen stomped their weapons on the ground and split to reveal another Lizardmen riding on top a large reptile who then dramatically jumped off and struck a pose while his men shined their shield so the light was shining on him.

Gabiru: Hoh their fellow monsters, I am Gabiru of the Lizardmen! From now on, you will serve under me and consider it a great honor!

Everyone: ...Huh?

Soldier: Pay close attention and savior this moment forever. You have the great privilege of speaking with the future chieftain of the Lizardmen! You may bow!

Rimuru (You will all serve under me...)

Blake (And consider it a great honor?)

Blake & Rimuru (...AS IF!!)

Rimuru: S-Shion... please calm down! Y-Your gonna make me go from Slime to slim if you don't stop squeezing.

Quickly realizing she was crushing him in her anger, Shion quickly gave Rimuru to me while profusely bowing and apologizing.

Rigurd: Anyway, you said that your name was Gabiru, right? This request to serve under you seems a little sudden...

Gabiru: Are you seriously gonna make me spell things out for you? You must have the rumors by now. My people have seen the beginning of an Orc invasion that's end goal is the takeover of the Great Forest of Jura.

Seems like my suspicion about their visits is true.

Gabiru: Which is why it would be prudent for you to come and fight under me. I, the illustrious Gabiru will protect you weaklings! Serve me and you will have nothing to fear from the Orcs for I am strong!

Blake: Weaklings? Hey idiot! I highly suggest you take another look around real quick!

Gabiru: Huh? Who are-

He stopped when he finally took a real look at us and realized that we weren't just another village of Goblins, but rather a very different group entirely. His eyes briefly stopped on Shion's "perks" before his sight was cut off by a my face glaring at him.

Shion: Something wrong my Lord?

Blake: Oh, don't worry about it.

Quickly, Gabiru got three of his men together to do a little revaluation of their plan after seeing this village having no Goblins or any weak person.

Rimuru (I mean, if it's true the Orcs are invading... then maybe forming a front with the Lizardmen isn't a bad idea.)

Blake (Be honest, do you really wanna become partners with this guy?)

Rimuru (...Good point. "What one should really fear is not an competent enemy, but an incompetent ally.")

Blake (Who are you quoting?)

Rimuru (I think it was Napoleon? He was one of the greatest and most skilled generals in the history of my world, so it makes sense it would come from him.)

Gabiru: I have been told some of you have earned the ability to tame Dire Wolves? Those of you who have will be my officers. Good forth and fetch them for me.

Oh, I wanna kill him so badly right now.

Benimaru: My Lords, shall I dispose of him?

Rimuru: Yes!

Blake: Make it painful.

Benimaru cracked his knuckles and began to walk over before Rimuru recovered from the brief charm he got from Benimaru and quickly called him back.

Blake: Why should we serve you anyway?

Gabiru: Huh? It's because-

Blake: Because your a named monster and you think that gives you the right to command us?

Gabiru: Obviously!

Blake: Well Gabiru, my name is Blake.

Gabiru: ...Huh?

Blake: This is Slime is called Rimuru.

Rimuru: Yo.

Gabiru: Wait, hold on-

Blake: This Hobgoblin is named Rigurd. These are Kijin which are the evolved versions of Ogres and their names are Benimaru, Shion, and Hakuro. And...

I whistled, calling out Ranga from our shadow as he stood behind is.

Blake: And this is Ranga, the leader of the evolved Tempest Wolves. In fact, every single monster in this village has been named and have evolved. So I ask again, why should we serve a group who has only one named monster who also hasn't even evolved yet?

The Lizardmen were silence by my words and stood in utter shock at the information. While Gabiru seemed a little miffed about my clear objection to his orders.

Gabiru: You are the leader of this village... correct?

Blake: I am one of them, yes.

He then took out a spear and pointed it in my direction.

Gabiru: Then I challenge you to a fight! When I win, you'll have to serve under me! And if you should win, then we shall leave you alone.

Everyone seemed pretty pissed about the idea of this guy challenging me, but I just shrugged and handed Rimuru back over to Shion.

Blake: If that's what it takes, then sure.

Shion: My Lord, you shouldn't waste your time on such trivial garbage.

Benimaru: Indeed, let us handle this.

Blake: Now, now. I have been officially challenged as leader of this village by the envoy of another group. It would show poorly on my reputation to just let one of my subordinates deal with him. Also...

I grinned evilly.

Blake: He's successfully manage to annoy me enough and will be a decent punching bag to take out my frustrations.

Gabiru: Ha! As if you could win against me. This will be over before you even know it!

NoBlakeah: Whatever makes you feel better.

Ranga stood as the referee while the two of us got into place. As the sound of his howl, Gabiru charged and attempted to stab me with this spear, but I avoided with ease. This continued which him trying to hit me, only to be either dodged or blocked instead.

Gobta: Hey! What are you guys up to?

We all turned to see Gobta just casually skipping down to greet us, as though he hadn't been on the brink of death earlier.

Benimaru: Gobta?!

Blake: He's alive?!

Rimuru: I thought you died.

 Gobta: Come on, why would you think that? I'm as strong as a Bulldeer!

{Mimir: He learned "Poison Resistance" as a way to counter Shion's cooking.}

So, Shion's cooking is bad that you have to learn a skill to specifically counter it's effects to kill you?! ...That makes a lot of sense actually. 

After around five or some minutes of mean just blocking and dodging, I finally got bored and decided to end this via breaking Gabiru's spear before kicking him into a nearby tree, instantly claiming victory.

Ranga: The battle is over. Lord Blake is the winner!

Benimaru: The expected outcome.

Rigurd: Amazing my lord!

Shion: Again, that match was a waste of time for our lord.

Rimuru: You hear that? Our man won this fight! If you want our towns help in defeating the Orc army, we'll consider it. But we won't serve you! Take your leader and leave for today.

The Lizardman grabbed the unconscious Gabiru and quickly fled with their tails between their legs.

Rimuru: That was weird...

Gobta: Uh, what just happened?

Blake: Some idiots tried to get us to serve under them, but I beat their leader to a pulp and made them leave.

Night:

Souei: There were 200,000 in total. It appears that the main army is marching north along the river and based on the movements of both this army and a detached force; they'll regroup in the marshlands.

That night, every executive gathered up to discuss the strategy for dealing with the Orc Army with Souei starting it off by giving his report after spying on the Orcs location.

Rigurd: Are you talking about the one east of here in the Lizardman's territory?

Souei: Correct.

Rimuru: 200,000... that's such an obscene number that I can't even begin to fathom it. What these Orcs after?

Kaijin: Who knows. To be honest, Orcs aren't very intelligent monsters to begin with. If there's something driving this invasion aside from their instincts, it would also be safe too assume someone is backing them up.

Kurobe: But who would want to control an army of Orcs?

Rimuru: ...Someone like a Demon Lord?

The table fell silent.

Rimuru: It could even be that Majin, Gelmud. He tried to recruit the Ogres, so it might be connected. But it's not like I have any proof.

Blake: Actually, you might on to something.

Rimuru: Really?

Blake: Think about it, a random Majin going around and giving names to multiple monsters without any known favor in return. Rigur has confirmed to me that this Gelmud is part of a Demon Lord's faction. Gelmud named someone from the Goblin village and tried do the same with the Ogres; we just encountered another named monster with Gabiru and it's likely the Orcs are being led by a named Orc as well. But the real question is, why is Gelmud giving out these names? And why only one per race?

Benimaru: ...I can't confirm the Demon Lord part, but from Lord Blake is saying, it may have confirmed my suspicions. That the Orcs are being led by an Orc Lord. I can't imagine that a regular Orc would be capable of leading such an army.

Blake: It's possible that Gelmud named an Orc which caused them to evolve into an Orc Lord. I mean, the Kijin were also beings that appeared among the Ogres only a few centuries just like the Orc Lord among the Orcs. And given how the Ogres evolved into Kijin after getting a name...

Rimuru: It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that Gelmud did the same with the Orcs... wait! If that's case, and we're going with the idea that the Lizardman envoy Gabiru was also named by Gelmud, why didn't he evolve?

Blake: It is possible that Gabiru was just low enough in Magicules that an evolution wasn't possible. That or Gelmud was naming all these monsters in a single day or so, and would be rather low on the needed magicules. ...Or it could be like Gobta where he did evolve but his appearance didn't change much?

Rimuru: I doubt that last part...

Souei suddenly gasp and put a hand to his head, looking startled.

Blake: What's wrong?

Souei: One of the body doubles I had scouting the area has had an encounter.

Blake: Anything bad?

Souei: No, but someone is requesting an audience you, my Lords.

Rimuru: Who is it? I've already had my fill of weirdo's today after Gabiru, so I don't want anymore surprises.

Souei: Well, I'm not sure I'd call them a weirdo... but it is a rather unusual encounter. It's a Dryad.

Blake (Rimuru, don't.)

Rimuru (Huh? But I wasn't-)

Blake (I know damn well you thinking of something dirty. Bad Slime!)

Rigurd: But it's been several decades since we've last seen a Dryad. I wonder why one would just suddenly appear now.

Blake: Pretty sure it has to do with the Orc invasion if I had to take an educated guess. Souei, let them in.

A green glow suddenly appeared as a plant grew out of the ground and being surrounded by an radiant aura before blooming into the form a Dryad.

???: Greetings rulers of monsters and all that serve under them, please pardon my unannounced visit. I am the Dryad Treyni of the Forest of Jura. A pleasure to meet you.

Rimuru: Likewise. I'm Rimuru Tempest, and this is my sworn-brother Blake.

When she turned to me, her expression briefly changed to one of surprise before going back to normal.

Treyni: I have come because I need to request a favor. Blake Tempest and Rimuru Tempest, as the rulers of monsters, please help us. We need you to defeat the Orc Lord.

This statement stunned everyone in the room.

Rimuru: Are you serious?

Treyni: Uh-huh, that's right.

Benimaru: That's quite the sudden request. Seeing as to how you dropped in out of nowhere, you won't mind answering a few questions. Why did you come to us? There are stronger races out their then the Hobgoblins.

The entire time, the Kijin have been on guard around her and staying close by us in case of any potential attack that might harm me or Rimuru.

Though, Benimaru's question was very simple to answer.

Blake: Isn't it obvious? It's because there's more then just Hobgoblins here, but also the Tempest Wolves, Dwarves, and Kijin here. Along with me and Rimuru, and given how we're all already in one place. It does seem like the smart thing to do.

Treyni seemed surprised before smiling and nodding.

Treyni: That is correct. If the Ogre village had been intact, I might have very well gone to them first before here. Though, in either scenario, I could no longer ignore the existence of certain individuals...

She glanced in both me and Rimuru's direction at that last part.

Treyni: If our settlement came under attack from the Orcs, we couldn't possibly fend them all off alone. That's why I came here, to request the assistance of someone strong.

Rimuru: So the Orc Lord actually exist? It was only a theory we'd come up with until now.

Treyni: Well, the Dryads have knowledge on essentially everything that goes on in the forest of Jura. Believe me, he is real.

As she was talking, she took a potato chip and ate it.

...Wait, as Spirits connected to the forest, aren't Dryads born from literal plant life? Which means they're techincally related to any form of plants grown in this forest. But if that's the case and she just ate a potato chip without any issue... does that mean she's a cannibal?!

Rigurd: If a Dryad acknowledges it...

Kaijin: That means it's all true.

Rimuru: ...Give us some time to answer. Backing the Kijin is one thing, but taking an Orc Lord is a different story. We'll need a little more information before deciding. After all, me and Blake are still the ones in charge.

She nodded in understanding before turning to me.

Treyni: If I may be so bold, can I speak with you in private, Sir Blake?

Everyone looked at her in confusion, but I nodded out of curiosity and we left to stand near the forest.

Blake: What did you want to talk about?

Treyni: Do... you remember this place? Or any of us by chance?

Blake: ...No, as far as I know, this is my first time meeting you.

Treyni: I see... how much do you remember?

Blake: Only my name and what I am. Why do you ask?

Treyni: I figure there was something wrong given how little you reacted to my presence. But, in the past, we Dryads were under the command of the Queen of Spirits, before her fall. After that, you took us to a place that had spawned from the magicules after a battle between you and Lady Hazel;. At that point, the Storm Veldora had claimed this place as his domain and agreed to your terms of taking us in as his subordinates in place of our Queen. When Lord Veldora vanished, we expected you to return at some point for us... but you never came back. Ever since, we have been keeping watch on the forest of Jura.

I'm sorry... what?!

I created the Jura forest? Who is Hazel? Why was I fighting her? I gave the Dryads to Veldora? This is all way too much information! Seriously, I why can't I remember any of this?!

Before I could speak up, Treyni suddenly knelt before me.

Treyni: Sir Blake, though this may seem rather sudden, I have a very important request. Please, take me and my sisters as your subordinates.

Blake: Huh? Why?

Treyni: Ever since our Queen vanished, we have been lacking a sense of purpose and fulfillment, a lack that had been filled when were under the command of Veldora. But he too eventually disappeared, and you were the last one we could go to, but that hope began to vanish as time went on. It has been so long since we have had a real master, so please, I ask you consider this request.

I contemplated this for a bit, before deciding.

Blake: Alright, I'll be your master and take you all under my command.

This would be rather beneficial to us, I get more info on my past, and our village gets even more strong partners to better defend ourselves. Plus, having Dryads give us more legitimately to things in case of any potential disputes in the future. So I call it a good deal.

In the next moment, several other Dryads appeared and knelt down to proclaim their loyalty to me.

Blake: You sure about this?

Treyni: Of course, as the nephew of the Storm Dragon and our past savior, it is the only expected outcome.

Wait... nephew?!

Blake: When you say nephew...?

Treyni: Oh yes, you are a child of one of the True Dragons. Making you one of the only four True Hybrids in existence.

...WHAT?!

Treyni: Unfortunately, I do not know too much about you. Other then being the spawn of a True Dragon, a close friend of our former Queen, and the cousin of one of the Demon Lords.

Blake: ...Cousin of which Demon Lord?

Treyni: Milim Nava. Also known as the Destroyer and she is the second seat of the Ten Great Demon Lords.

I... have so many questions.

{Mimir: True Hybrids are entities born from the combined magicules of one of the four True Dragons and one of the eight Great Holy Spirits. Due to being created by two of the highest natural existing groups of beings, they are generally considered by those who know of them as the highest natural existence above even of the True Dragons. Just like with the True Dragons, only four Hybrids are known to exist.}

And I'm assuming that this Hazel is potentially one of them...?

{Mimir: I will need more info for certification, but that is a possibility.}

Great...

After that whole bomb of information, we returned back to the others.

Rimuru: How did your talk go?

Blake: Well... I learned I'm the child of one of the True Dragons, Veldora is my uncle, I created the forest of Jura by sheer accident, I have a cousin who is also a Demon Lord, and I am now the leader of the Dryads, any questions?

Everyone: ...WHAT?!

Blake: And that's counts as your only question.

Actually, I wonder how Veldora would react to that.

Rimuru's stomach:

Veldora: I HAVE A NEPHEW?!

Ifrit: That would explain a bit about his unnatural power and existence. But Lord Veldora, how could you possibly not have known until now?

Veldora thought this over for a moment, before remembering a pair of two certain woman smiling dangerously down at him, the white haired one in particular sending a literal chill down his spine.

Veldora: On second thought, I think it's better that I don't remember why...

Ifrit: Huh?

Outside:

After getting over the brief shock of that (and my ignoring of all their questions as they already wasted their only question earlier), we continued our talk from before.

Rimuru: Back to business, does anyone know what the Orcs could be after?

Shuna: I may have an idea... Souei, did you investigate our old village?

Souei: ...Yes.

Shuna: Judging by your town, it's bad...

Souei: Correct. There was nothing there, not one of there's and none of ours.

Rimuru: None of what?

Souei: ...Corpses.

Benimaru: We wondered how they were getting supplies for such a large army. How they could feed 200,000 Orcs.

Blake: They ate the dead?

Treyni: It's a Unique skill... called "Starved." Every Orc Lord is naturally born with this skill, the sole purpose of bringing calamity and ruin to the world. It's influence reaches all those under the control of the Orc Lord, making them devour anything in sight. Doing so, allows them to gain their victims strength and abilities, turning that power into their own. It's similar to Sir Rimuru's "Predator." In return for the skill, the Orcs now have an insatiable hunger, marching onwards to satiate that endless hunger and gain more power. That is their King and clans only wish.

Rimuru: So basically, the Orcs ultimate goal isn't to wipe out the other races in the forest such as the Lizardmen and Ogres, but to steal their power.

Blake: Which might further explain Gelmud's plans. Since we know he's likely named a member from each of the main monster races, the plan is to probably have these named warrior's clash and whoever comes out on top will be used for some ultimate purpose. In this case, the Orc Lord is now the most likely candidate to take part in whatever true goal this Gelmud has.

Rimuru: Well in that's true, then it sounds like we may need to really start worrying. We have the Tempest, Kijin, Dwarves, and Hobgoblins with us. With those powers, we might as well set the table and invite the Orcs over for dinner.

Benimaru: ...I'm sure we'd all make a good side dish, but aren't you forgetting about the main course? We have the world's strongest Slime and, as recently revealed, the literal nephew of the Storm Dragon himself, remember?

Rimuru: Oh we do?

Blake: Well Rimuru's all spongy and chewy like bubblegum, while I have it on good authority that I'm bad for the heart.

(Author: Yes, that was an Old Republic reference.)

Treyni: Sirs Blake and Rimuru Tempest. Once again, I request you defeat the Orc Lord. As one who is both related to and has the protection of the Storm Dragon Veldora, united the Hobgoblins, recruited the Dire Wolves, and became the patrons of the Kijin, taking down the Orc Lord should be easy for you.

Before we could give a response, Shion jumped in ahead of us.

Shion: Of course! Lord Rimuru and Lord Blake are easily capable of defeating the Orc Lord!

Now she's starting to act like a secretary...

Rimuru: We will find a way to defeat the Orc Lord, but we'll need everyone here.

Shuna: We'll help!

Benimaru: This is what we've been waiting for.

Kaijin: We have complete faith in your abilities, just tell us what to do.

Rigurd: They're right my lords, let's show these Orcs just how strong we are!

Everyone: Yeah!

Blake: Before that, we should still form an alliance with the Lizardmen. It'll increase our numbers, and allow us to get the jump on the Orcs, since the fighting with be in Lizardmen territory. The only issue I see right now is...

Rimuru: Gabiru...

Souei: My Lords, would like for me to get and speak with the Lizardmen chieftain?

Blake: Are you capable?

Souei: Yes. 

Despite is casually and stoic reply, it's pretty easy to feel the cool confidence he's exuding right now.

Blake: Alright. Having the Lizardmen's cooperation with be vital during this battle, so we'll be counting on you Souei.

Souei: I'll leave now.

He used "Flash Step" to disappear, leaving the rest of us to form a plan on Defeating the Orc army.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 4K 49
Have you ever wondered what things would be like if Rimuru actually stuck to what he had said when he died? "In my next life, I'm gonna go on the pro...
243K 6.3K 39
Rimuru achieved everything which was possible but there is one regret he has in his mind even after the 12 years of the great war that he cant save h...
2.1K 135 7
Satoru Mikami was having a good and ordinary day until suddenly meeting a grime fate and dying. However, what were to happen if Satoru were to have d...
7.2K 178 16
What if Mikami Satoru had some problem in his head? If he had a little different personality? If instend of {Great Sage} he get an other skill which...