ILLUSORY RELATIONSHIP โ‹ฎ nore...

By minniemism

In a world where omegas are trained to be perfect, Renjun, a qualified pureblood omega, finally gets the oppo... More

๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž: Catching the Eye
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž: Stepping into the New Home
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ: Living in the New Home
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐…๐ข๐ฏ๐ž: Meeting the Future Mate
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ข๐ฑ: Feeling Awkward I
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง: Feeling Awkward II
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐„๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: Capturing a Weird Sight
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐๐ข๐ง๐ž: Finding the Problem
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ž๐ง: Losing Patience
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐„๐ฅ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง: Blackmailing
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž: Seeing Behind the Hostility
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง: Seeing the Other Side of the World
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง: Feeling (Un)Safe

๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ฐ๐จ: Getting Bought

341 38 17
By minniemism

Everyone knew what happened during the afternoon hours in the Aquamarine House shop. The rumors spread fast. Renjun's friends and acquaintances taunted him for catching the beta man's eye, as they didn't know he was a gift for a pureblood alpha. His caretaker asked him not to tell anyone as it was a perfect opportunity for him to get bought, not someone else, so Renjun listened to her and kept his mouth shut to have it all to himself. Although the caretaker didn't know anything about the COO, she had heard about his company and knew that it had been in the industry for a whole decade. That meant he had money, and Renjun could live in wealth. Not to mention a pureblood omega was an ideal match for a pureblood alpha.

However, the bullying was annoying him. He tried to fight those malicious comments and reactions since the omegas pretended to cry and expressed their disappointment in losing an omega friend to a beta. Renjun gave hints that maybe the rich beta—how the omegas thought—had a friend and wanted to buy him for that friend. But no one listened.

"Renjunnie will bear Beta's children!" one omega teased him during breakfast the next day, too early for all of that.

"S-stop it!" his face flushed from anger.

"He'll live with a beta for the rest of his life and would never get an assurance collar! How unfortunate!"

"Hey!" Renjun yelled, stood up, and slammed his fist on the table. "It's not for you to talk! You're older than me, and no one has ever looked at you!"

His remark made those next to him silent. Renjun needed a few seconds to realize what he said and began apologizing. Making fun of him for getting chosen wasn't as bad as making fun of those who were ignored by alphas and even betas. Though, no matter how many words left Renjun's mouth, the other omega got so upset, he left the cafeteria.

Even when omegas were taught to be perfect there, gossip, jealousy, and rivalry were allowed. These were considered instincts and natural emotions between omegas. That's why Renjun wasn't surprised to hear whispers as he walked down the hallways, and Lady Brixil's presence in his room didn't catch him off guard either. She asked him to come to her office, and the first topic she touched on was how he treated the omega from earlier.

"I was so delighted to add to your plate how well your mental condition is, but your anger issues sometimes concern me," she sighed, massaging her temples. "I hope you've learned enough to know that it shouldn't be shown to an alpha. When you get angry, you say hurtful things."

"Yes, lady," Renjun vigorously nodded his head. "I'm well aware."

"And to a beta, too," she added subtly, then reached for a few papers. "Yesterday, just as he said, Mr. Na called us and declared he'd buy you, so we asked him questions to proceed. He confirmed everything we asked. I also sent a few agents to check on the house, and it's a massive one. He's indeed the home economist of a pureblood alpha and is willing to purchase you for him as a birthday present. Actually, this morning, we had already received the payment. You were bought for 12,000 dollars."

Renjun's mouth fell agape.

"Yeah, that's right," Lady Brixil chuckled. "I was very surprised, too. He paid us before we even finished everything with the paperwork."

"Oh my God!" the omega gasped and covered his mouth. "I-I'm so EXCITED!"

"He's also willing to take you in as soon as possible," the beta lady added, receiving a few more reactions from the omega, all positive. "So, let's finish with formalities first. Here, read these documents. You will have to sign them if you agree with everything. I'll call your parents in the meantime."

Renjun's eyes glistered as soon as he heard about his parents. He got to Aquamarine House when he was eighteen, and as years passed, he only saw them once in three months every year. They loved him so much since he was the only child, and Renjun couldn't be happier whenever he saw them paying a visit. Just because of his loving parents, a few omegas were jealous of him because they were the only ones who visited him so often, even after getting a few warnings not to bother their son's training.

He tried to read the documents, but everything inside of him churned, and when he heard his dad's voice on the other line, he completely forgot what he was doing. Renjun's hand, which held a pen, froze in the air as his eyes glistered, staring at Lady Brixil and quietly begging her to let him use the phone.

She shook her head and cleared her throat, "This morning, Lee Jeno's home economist bought your son for 12,000 dollars. Jeno is a pureblood alpha and a Chief Operations Officer of a well-known company, New Technology. As you know, you'd get half of the payment we just received if your son signs the documents."

As soon as Renjun heard about the money, he flipped the pages, not ever reading them, and found the place to sign. He did it right away as he knew omegas didn't have to be picky when it came to this, and his parents needed money. He had to do it. After all, if he was bought already.

"You'll get the address of your son's new home as soon as we're finished with all the paperwork. It usually takes a week, but your son may get to move in just in a few days. Is that alright?" Lady Brixil asked, then glanced at Renjun. "Your son wants to say you a few words."

Renjun gasped and quickly grabbed the phone, bowing a few times to the lady.

"Dad! I'm so happy! Mr. Lee has a home economist! That means the house and all the household matters are so huge, and we will share the job! I will do everything to be liked by the alpha! I'll be his birthday gift!" Renjun talked excessively as he knew his time was limited.

Lady Brixil reached for the phone, and Renjun gave a few seconds to his dad to respond. His heart flipped as he heard how everyone was so happy, even the neighbors. You see, Papa ran out to share the news with everyone that their Little Renjun was acknowledged at such a young age. That was a real achievement! Especially to both parents, who were omegas.

"Bye..." the boy mumbled, then returned the phone to the beta.

The conversation on the phone ended, and Lady Brixil gave her full attention to Renjun. She took the papers, glanced at the sign, and put them on her side, but not too far to store them somewhere. She then quickly did something on her computer, and as she went to the printer, she turned to the omega.

"Just a quick piece of background information on your future mate. Since you're supposed to be a surprise, we can't contact the alpha in person, so we asked his home economist," Lady Brixil said. "Mr. Na claimed Lee Jeno is very territorial and likes discipline. He's quite a workaholic as he helps his father with the company and is studying architecture at the same time, so he's not usually present at home, but that doesn't mean he hates being there. No matter where he is, and how long he's somewhere else, he always wants order in his household. And when he's at home, there are several rules one needs to follow. Mr. Na will introduce you to this."

Renjun nodded, learning right away that his future mate was indeed very alphaish! Because he's a pureblood alpha, that only made sense.

"Now, the reason. Mr. Na says Mr. Lee needs a mate since he's overworking himself and doesn't know what relaxation is. Recently, he experienced heart palpitations and chest tightness, so his medical condition isn't good although he's still so young. He also needs a delicate touch and an omega's spirit in his household. By gifting you to his master, Mr. Na is also willing to teach Mr. Lee the responsibility to show up at his home more often."

"I'll try to match his expectations," Renjun said with confidence.

Lady Brixil took the documents she had just printed and returned them to her desk. She didn't even get time to sit down when her phone rang. The beta didn't appear surprised. She answered the call just with a single, "Let him in." Then minded her business again.

Renjun was confused. She didn't tell him he could leave, but it appeared that someone else was coming here. The sounds of footsteps only proved someone was approaching, so the omega looked at the lady, but she was too busy reading papers. Before he could ask something, a knock was heard, and Lady Brixil voiced the consent for the guest to come in.

As soon as Renjun saw Mr. Na, he sat up straight as if he were a string and slightly bowed, politely greeting his soon-to-be colleague. The beta smiled at the omega, his teeth pearly white and straight, and Renjun almost got blinded by them. Mr. Na then pulled a chair to sit next to him. Loosening his tie, he looked at what Lady Brixil was doing.

"I suppose I have to sign somewhere," he commented, looking at the papers.

"Right," the lady lifted her head. "Usually, the alphas sign, but since it's a different case and you are closely related to Lee Jeno, you may sign instead of him," she pushed a sheet of paper. "But make sure to bring him here when he's already aware of his gift. We need an official agreement."

"I'll try," Mr. Na said, taking the papers and pulling a pen out of his pocket.

He didn't read the documents, just briefly scanned them and signed them at the bottom of the page. The beta smiled as he returned everything to the other beta and shifted to Renjun.

"Yes, you can ask him a few questions," Lady Brixil said, showing Mr. Na that she saw everything that was happening here. "I already introduced him to the image of his future mate, so feel free to get to know him too."

"That's excellent," he smiled, glancing at her, then turned his full body to Renjun. 

Mr. Na was quiet for a bit as he stared at the omega, seemingly unable to form a question. His eyes were so attentive and deep, hiding some kind of emotion that Renjun felt a bit too shy to look back at the beta, so he looked away. At the same time, Mr. Na chuckled and finally spoke.

"That's pretty dangerous. My mind just went blank," he laughed again, confusing Renjun but the omega couldn't think about the comment longer because the beta got a hold of himself. "I read that you're a pureblood omega," he cleared his throat, surprising Lady Brixil as well as the omega. "Are you? Because the last time, it was just a simple omega."

Mr. Na came when the plate changed, but he knew Renjun's true secondary gender. It meant he was there way earlier. How could everyone miss it?

"Yes..." Renjun shyly replied.

"There must've been an error," Lady Brixil uttered, getting Mr. Na's attention. "It's rare to have pureblood omegas here," she added in a proud tone. "I may have made a mistake. I'm sorry."

Lady Brixil wasn't sorry, and Renjun didn't even need an apology. Both agreed to lie about the omega's secondary gender to increase the chance of his purchase.

"Well, I'm glad. A pureblood alpha needs a pureblood omega!" the beta male nodded, considering it.

He frowned and then took out the notebook. Flipping a few pages, he must've found the one he filled when he read Renjun's plate. "You know how to massage. I think that would be the best way to help Mr. Lee relax. What do you think?"

"Y-yes, Mr. Na," Renjun nodded.

"Soft-spoken too! I like it. You see," he turned to Lady Brixil. "Mr. Lee really needs someone who could speak softly to him, someone who could give him calm energy, the calm pheromones... Sometimes he has a hard time falling asleep," he went on, gesticulating. "He also had mood swings. I think the omega may help him with that."

"Renjun is very suitable for that," Lady Brixil said confidently.

"Excellent," Jaemin closed the notebook and looked around the office. "Can I bring him to his new home today?"

There were a few seconds of silence. Lady Brixil scoffed, "Don't you think you're rushing the process a little too much, Mr. Na? You just paid this morning, and the papers were signed a few minutes ago."

"So?" the beta man raised his eyebrow, then smiled widely. "Everything's pretty much done."

"Renjun needs to pack his things, and we require a few more matters to work on. Nothing is done that fast."

"I don't see any problem. I can help him with that."

"Letting strangers inside the omegas' rooms is strongly prohibited. Only staff are allowed to get inside," the lady said coldly.

"Okay, fine, he can do it himself," Mr. Na shrugged his shoulders. "But you see, Lady Brixil, Mr. Lee isn't home right now," he leaned closer to the owner. "I don't know when he'll return, but it's better if the omega learns everything about the house without his interference."

"I understand, but—"

"What if I paid you more?"

Lady Brixil stared at the beta male, surprised by his courage. Then, she laughed, "Don't waste the money, Mr. Na. Technically, it's not yours, and it'll be better if you save some as you're taking an omega to your master's house. To remain perfect, he needs a lot of care, so many more expenses are needed in the future."

Slightly glancing at Renjun, Mr. Na laughed as well, but more genuinely, "I have no doubts about that. Omegas are like flowers, aren't they? They need care to thrive! But the money I paid you is mine. I'm buying Mr. Lee a gift with my own money. That's my savings of two months."

Renjun froze. If 12,000 dollars were the savings of two months, that meant Mr. Na was getting 6,000 dollars each month. If he was only a home economist, how much would the COO get?

"Tomorrow afternoon," Lady Brixil said firmly. "Come here by 3 PM, not earlier since Renjun won't be ready."

Mr. Na wasn't very satisfied. Renjun saw that he was a little bit annoyed, but it was hidden by a bright smile and a simple shrug of his shoulders.

"I'm fine with that," he said, then turned to the omega. "Don't get too stressed over your stuff if you leave something behind. You'll get much more in Mr. Lee's household. But, if you are attached to some of your things and they don't fit in your luggage, tell me. I'll send another car."

Renjun shyly nodded, a bit surprised how the beta thought he had a lot of belongings when in reality, most of them were stuff that Aquamarine House rented to make the omegas pretty on display.

"I'll get going then. I have a lot of work to do. Taking care of the house isn't the easiest," Mr. Na said, standing up and putting the pen back into his pocket. "See you tomorrow," he said to Renjun.

He left Lady Brixil's office. Even though he was a beta and spread no pheromones, Renjun felt a little heavy in his heart, especially when he saw the owner wearing a frown on her face.

"Renjun," she said, noticing his stare. "Be careful around Mr. Na. He's a beta, but you still need to be the perfect omega, even in front of him. He seems close to Mr. Lee. He may make things complicated..."

"I understand," the omega nodded.

Renjun didn't want Mr. Na to tell his future mate that he was easily annoyed just because he rolled his eyes once...

"Also, keep in mind that you were bought to the pureblood alpha, no matter whether the beta paid for you or not. Many secondary characters, such as betas sometimes try to insert themselves into the couple's life. They want to pop the beautiful bubble of an omega's happy life and sometimes take advantage of you, pure things. They think it's fun, so don't let him violate you," Lady Brixil said coldly even though she was a beta herself. "Do you remember what we taught you about adultery?"

Renjun's eyes widened. He let out a gasp and proving that everything was still in his head, he quoted a few necessary pieces of information he learned from the House.

"Never be with a member of the opposite gender at a time when your mate doesn't know you are there. Avoid confiding in people of the opposite gender, there should be somebody of your gender you can talk to. Never make a member of the opposite gender your best friend with whom you share intimate discussions."

"That's right," the owner smiled. "You'll be a great mate. You can go now."

Renjun loved hearing compliments. His face brightened and he bowed to the lady two times. Then he left her office with a little worry about the following day but smiled widely, converting it into excitement. Soon he'll see his new home.

Packing his belongings wasn't the easiest task. Renjun had to visit a few dorm rooms of his fellow friends to make sure he got back the things they borrowed from him. He got the hairpins he had forgotten and several pieces of clothing he would've forgotten if he hadn't packed.

Since Mr. Na had already made a purchase, Renjun could finally brag about the truth. So, that was what he did. As he was going from room to room, to get his stuff back, Renjun boasted to everyone that he was soon to be a mate of a pureblood COO. The omegas who made fun of him before were speechless for a second or two, then became very curious and asked Renjun if he could show them a photograph of the alpha. Everyone wanted to know if he was handsome!

Renjun didn't have the photograph. Actually, he didn't even think he could ask for one or at least ask Mr. Na to describe the alpha. But he couldn't tell the omegas he had no idea what the alpha looked like, especially after he bragged so much about his wealth. So, Renjun lied a little, creating the appearance of the alpha that was almost equal to a prince. Everyone was jealous. Their eyes widened, many gasps left their lips and they whined, begging Renjun to send them letters.

"I will," the omega said happily as he thought it was very simple. "Don't worry! I'll even send you money!"

Mr. Lee was too rich. Renjun was certain he didn't even know where to put his money.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 1.2K 49
A story of adulthood hit NoRenMin. ๐ŸฆŠRenjun trying to find someone to spend the rest of his life with matchmaking ๐ŸฐJaemin to solve his inner problem...
432K 23.5K 66
When Jaemin transfers to a new school (an all boys boarding school, at that), he gets a very.. interesting roommate. โ™ก โ™ก Jeno has a wild reputation f...
69.4K 5.2K 37
{Completed} A man made disease used for population control has mutated and is killing young people all around the world. When Renjun's parents are st...
59.5K 3.5K 28
โMay the best man win.โž When Jeno and Jaemin likes one hybrid, Renjun. Copyright ยฉ 2021 Val Primaleon All rights reserved COMPLETE warning/note:...