The Little Space In Between...

By misshoneymoonx

In which the boy who lived becomes infatuated with the intriguing Veronica Black. A girl that leaves you wish... More

The Little Space In Between
playlist
prologue
1. you didn't even know her
2. french girls and question marks
3. midnight walks, midnight talks
4. the big three
5. always an angel, never a god
6. midst of flames
8. snakes

7. the champions

94 4 2
By misshoneymoonx

Writers block is a fucking cunt.

Chapter 7
The champions

-

It was now Thursday night - the night when the three champions would be selected. Everyone at Hogwarts was at the edge of their seats. That inclueded Veronica aswell.

The eager brunette was sitting with the rest of the Gryffindor students as their headmaster stepped forward.

"Good evening, good evening to all students and fellow guests." The old man started. "And welcome to the selectment of the chamipons of the triwizard tournament!"

The crowds of students in varions uniforms cheered.

Certain students looked sweaty, certain seventeen year old students. The aura in the hall was nothing like it had ever been before. It was filled with excitment, eagerness and a sense of a newfound companionship both between the students of Hogwarts who soon would have a student to root for, but also a companionship between the different schools. It was new and unfamiliar but exciting non the less.

"This is the moment you have all been waiting for so please, be seated." He continued.

Then the old man proceded to dim the fires that lit up the hall, using only his hand. The hall quieted down and the ones who weren't previously sitting now were.

He walked up to the goblet and its blue flames, touching it with his aged hands. This made the flames turn from blue to red. A piece of parchment shot out from the flames, it was caught by Dumbledore.

Veronica was trying to get a good glimpts of the entire scene but there was a really tall boy blockning her view. The brunette got up, walking to a free spot to sit, which was next to Harry Potter. He was sitting next to Ron and Hermione was sitting a row above them.

"Can I sit here?" She asked, her doe eyes landing on Harry.

"Of course." He said, a smile creeping up in the corners of his pink lips.

As she sat down Dumbledore read the name written on the parchment in his hand, "The Durmstranf champion is, Viktor Krum!"

The Durmstrangs cheered loadly as Viktor Krum stepped forward to take the paper with his name and shake Dumbledore's hand.

All girls plus Ron Weasley had their eyes on Viktor Krum, Veronica too. She thought he was handsome, nothing to special but good looking.

Another name shot out from the red flames, it was a very elegant piece of parchment, very french.

Veronica's eyes looked over at Margot who looked like she was sweating with nerves. What if its me? The red head mouthed

It is all going to be fine, Veronica mouthed back, giving her cousin a slight nodd.

"The Beauxbatons champion is Fleur Delacour!"

A smile spread on the blonde girl's face she too walked up to claim her paper as a receipt or perhaps a souvenir, Veronica thought. Fleur shook Dumbledore's hand and walked of to where Viktor went.

"And last but not least, the Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory!"

Everyone clapped and cheered as the honey blonde boy, Cedric walked up to the gray haired headmaster, claiming piece of parchment and the glory that would be the beginning of the end.

"We have our three champions!"

Every teenager in the hall stood up and clapped, Veronica was taking the moment in and her eyes landed on the blue flames. Not even a second later the flames started turning red.

Soon everyone else noticed too, Dumbledore was stunned the moment he turned around. Everyone looked at Dumbledore for answers but his clueless look didn't provide any answers.

And soon enough another name emerged from the flames. It was caught by Dumbledore, he read it to him self at first. He looked like he was about to faint and shock was written all over his aged face. He mouthed a name and to Veronica it was like he mouthed a very familiar name.

Veronica looked at Harry who looked like there wasn't a single thought behind his green eyes.

"Harry Potter?" He then spoke, not loud but loud enough for everyone hear.

All eyes landed on Harry who sank in his seat. His now worried eyes looked for a safe place and found a pair of doe eyes - Veronica's big brown ones.

"What do I do?" He asked, as if she would know.

Before Veronica could say anything Hermione pushed the boy forward. He couldn't hide from this.

Veronica squeezed his hand as a sign of comfort before he followed Hermione's nudge and walked forward. She didn't even know she did it until she had done it. Harry seemed surprised but he welcomed it.

He was ready to welcome everything about Veronica. How could he have judged her so quickly?

As the raven haired boy walked up to the now furious looking headmaster people voiced their opinions, straight to his face.

People called him a cheat and booed at him as others glared at him angrily.

Veronica could feel an angry glare from behind her. She looked over her shoulder to see Ron, his eyes was staring daggers at his best friend.

The audacity to be jealous of someone in Harry's situation.

Someone else who was glaring daggers at Harry was Dumbledore. From across the room Veronica could she that Dumbledore stared into the raven haired boy's soul as he handed him the piece of parchment with his name on.

The boy didn't know what to do but figured that he should walk of to where all of the other champions went. But before he went he shot Veronica one last look.

As Veronica layed down in her bed that night she couldn't help but wonder what was being said to Harry in that room. Was he going to compeat? That was the question everyone at Hogwarts was wondering as the september rain was pouring down outside.

After Harry was told to piss of by a jealous and unsympathetic Ron the boy found himself sitting in the commonroom, staring at the fire burning in the fireplace.

He had tried to sleep but quite understandably he couldn't. His mind was racing.

He was so deep in thought that he didn't hear footsteps coming down the stone stairs. Or when those same footsteeps walked over to him.

"Do you mind if I sit?" Veronica's sweet voice asked as her eyes looked to meet his.

"Not at all, please." Harry said, he applauded himself for not being awkward. He probably would've been if he had had a moment to think about this conversation.

The brunette happily sat down, placing her feet on the coffeetable infront of her as she sank in her seat.

"I didn't put my name in." Harry said, still looking straight ahead.

"I didn't ask." Veronica responded, turning her face towards Harry.

"But you did want to?" Harry spoke but at her lack of response at his arrogant comment Harry turned to face the girl that was sitting next to him, "Right?"

Veronica shook her head and her curls bounsed at the movement.

Harry look confused.

Everyone had been convinced that he was craving attention and fame, that he had cheated to keep the light on himself.

But that wasn't at all the case and Veronica knew that.

"Why not?" He questioned, now his entire body was facing the pretty brunette next to him.

"I can already tell that you didn't put your name in those flames." Her sweet voice said.

"How?"

"The look on your face when Dumbledore called your name said it all." Veronica stated, "I'm not blind but I do wonder who did."

-

Authors Note: I feel like this chapter is really boring but I have more interesting chapters planed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 3.3K 36
เฟเพ‚ เผ˜ึจ๐–ฆน In which they're childhood friends... she's a Lupin-black and he's a Potter. Oh yeah, and in...
11.7K 217 16
Veronica 'Ronnie' Lupin grew up close with her brother, Remus, and his idiotic friends who all acted as if they were her personal bodyguards, making...
11.9K 595 27
Fate was absolutely tired of her plans being meddled with. She decided that it was time to set things straight. Her search led her to a young woman y...
52.8K 1K 53
Two redheads One love In good times and bad In health and sickness At least that's what they thought... a Fred Weasley love (and more) story 02/22...