7. the champions

Writers block is a fucking cunt.

Chapter 7
The champions

-

It was now Thursday night - the night when the three champions would be selected. Everyone at Hogwarts was at the edge of their seats. That inclueded Veronica aswell.

The eager brunette was sitting with the rest of the Gryffindor students as their headmaster stepped forward.

"Good evening, good evening to all students and fellow guests." The old man started. "And welcome to the selectment of the chamipons of the triwizard tournament!"

The crowds of students in varions uniforms cheered.

Certain students looked sweaty, certain seventeen year old students. The aura in the hall was nothing like it had ever been before. It was filled with excitment, eagerness and a sense of a newfound companionship both between the students of Hogwarts who soon would have a student to root for, but also a companionship between the different schools. It was new and unfamiliar but exciting non the less.

"This is the moment you have all been waiting for so please, be seated." He continued.

Then the old man proceded to dim the fires that lit up the hall, using only his hand. The hall quieted down and the ones who weren't previously sitting now were.

He walked up to the goblet and its blue flames, touching it with his aged hands. This made the flames turn from blue to red. A piece of parchment shot out from the flames, it was caught by Dumbledore.

Veronica was trying to get a good glimpts of the entire scene but there was a really tall boy blockning her view. The brunette got up, walking to a free spot to sit, which was next to Harry Potter. He was sitting next to Ron and Hermione was sitting a row above them.

"Can I sit here?" She asked, her doe eyes landing on Harry.

"Of course." He said, a smile creeping up in the corners of his pink lips.

As she sat down Dumbledore read the name written on the parchment in his hand, "The Durmstranf champion is, Viktor Krum!"

The Durmstrangs cheered loadly as Viktor Krum stepped forward to take the paper with his name and shake Dumbledore's hand.

All girls plus Ron Weasley had their eyes on Viktor Krum, Veronica too. She thought he was handsome, nothing to special but good looking.

Another name shot out from the red flames, it was a very elegant piece of parchment, very french.

Veronica's eyes looked over at Margot who looked like she was sweating with nerves. What if its me? The red head mouthed

It is all going to be fine, Veronica mouthed back, giving her cousin a slight nodd.

"The Beauxbatons champion is Fleur Delacour!"

A smile spread on the blonde girl's face she too walked up to claim her paper as a receipt or perhaps a souvenir, Veronica thought. Fleur shook Dumbledore's hand and walked of to where Viktor went.

"And last but not least, the Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory!"

Everyone clapped and cheered as the honey blonde boy, Cedric walked up to the gray haired headmaster, claiming piece of parchment and the glory that would be the beginning of the end.