It was always written โœ”๏ธ

By Aax_axxx

Sequel to 'Maybe it was never meant to be...' Follow Ayla's daughter, Alayna. Who's going through her hard hu... More

Dedication
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
๐Ÿ—ฃAnnouncement ๐Ÿ—ฃ
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Final A/N
Covers

Chapter 45

78 4 21
By Aax_axxx

Alayna had blood on her mind.

After spending a total of 7 days and 7 nights beside her husband's bed.

She would sit beside him as he slept, as he was going to carry on sleeping indefinitely. He was in a coma.

The doctors induced it because he had lost so much blood.

The police had come, so she told them that Mikhail's grandfather had been after them for a while.

They had given her a bodyguard, which she had begrudgingly accepted. He became her shadow, and she knew if she pulled a stunt, she'd be fucked.

So she checked herself into a hotel this time.

She was going to discuss with the chief officer to let the man off this duty.

She was fine, she would be fine. She just needed to dissect the man who brought forward their suffering and had caused her husband to fall into a coma.

*

She sat opposite the chief officer.

"I would like to have the officer's hours reduced. I just want him to guard my room at night and the hospital room all day."

The officer nodded.

"I will implement your request straight away."

She was led out of the office, and once the officer returned, he was given a strict order: "Keep a close eye on that girl; she knows far more than she is letting on."

Alayna headed straight towards the hospital.

She only knew peace when her husband was in front of her.

She sat beside her husband, clutching his hand for her dear life.

She was told to talk to him often, as he was able to process what she was saying.

"I'm here. I'm sitting right here. Come back to me, please."

And as expected, she was met with no response. Tears slipped from her eyes.

"Please Mikhail! You're all I have! You've got all I have! You have my heart, my soul, and everything. You can't just leave me like this!"

Her body was bent over, her head resting on his thigh.

She had never wanted to go back in time more than now.

She wanted her love from Mikhail back; she wanted to shower him with more love.

She wanted to do everything that she had never given importance to. She wanted to wake up to find a breakfast made by him; she wanted his forehead kisses and his long hugs after a long day; she wanted him to massage her feet even though there was never any swelling or hurt.

She wanted her husband.

The only man who had her heart.

The only man who will ever have her heart.

*

Night had prevailed; it was now extremely dark.

She had to go back, for it was the night of action.

A night full of blood, fingers crossed.

She made it down to the hospital entrance after bidding her dear husband farewell.

She was going to cause havoc in the lives of the men who had put her husband in such a critical condition.

In fact, she had already done so.

Late last night, she killed the other trusted man of Romanov as he walked alongside Romanov.

Romanov, being the hot-headed Russian who still believed he was indestructible, flailed around in pure panic and terror, only for his eyes to lock into hers.

She stood on the roof with a gun in her hand and the midnight wind carrying her hair.

She turned and was gone.

An exact replication of what had happened that night.

She was telling him that she knew.

And she was coming for his blood.

She was going to make sure he died, just not tonight. Because what else was more terrifying than death at that moment? Having to look over your shoulder every time you breathe, fearing that it may be your last.

Romanov didn't fuck with anticipation.

So he did what he knew best.

He fled the country.

Rather, he attempted.

Alayna is a woman of many connections. She knew what he was going to do, so she let him get as far as the airport. It was only fair for the old man to have hope.

Hope is a powerful thing.

Not powerful enough to stand in the way of Alayna Khan.

He refused to leave the country and was even detained for a few hours.

She knew that, as of right now, he was on the run. He was trying to leave. He knew she was going to be killed.

It felt nice to know she was feared.

He knew what she was capable of.

She had been walking for the past half an hour, after getting off her taxi.

She had been following him for the past half an hour.

In the shadows, at a distance.

-

Romanov had been on the run for quite some time, after being stopped at the airport, he had  the sudden epiphany that she was not one to be fucked with.

She was a lot more powerful than he had given her credit for.

He could NOT destroy her. 

He wasn't powerful anymore.

The old man, who's joints had ached since his son died, wondered if it was even worth the hassle of staying alive. 

His silent plea was about to be answered. 

He heard a shoe scuff the pavement and before he could turn around, the pain hit him harder than he had ever hit Mikhail. 

That wretched boy, if it weren't for him maybe he could have defended himself in this moment. 

He pried his eyes open to the woman he had expected. 

With a chuckle, a smirk and a warning of 'history repeats itself', Romanov, the wealthy successor of Russia's biggest underground dug cartel was dead. 

Officially dead. 

Alayna checked if he was breathing and his pulse to satisfy herself. 

His body was thrown into an abandoned building. That was his humble end, his dead body being consumed by stray dogs and maggots. 

_

Her foot rested on Nic's neck. 

The tough looking man was rather easy to take down. 

She was well aware that she was surrounded by his men, awaiting a silent order to shoot her. 

But those guns had been emptied long before, it was truly fascinating to Alayna how much money could buy. 

She had captured one of his men last night and thrown a couple of notes at him and her work was done. 

"Why are you after my family?" She sneered, his face turning a deeper colour of red. 

She eased the pressure off slowly. 

"You deserve to suffer. Aleksei's love child shouldn't get to live if he killed my children." 

"You dumb motherfucker." She stomped on his neck, her heel causing a wound.

"Why are you after my son?" 

He chuckled menacingly. 

"Romanov put a bounty on his head, he wanted his legacy to die with Aleksei and not his lover-boy grandson that ruined eras of hard work for a woman." 

It was Alayna's time to laugh.

"I knew Romanov was alive and so did Mikhail. We wanted the drama to spice up our lives, nothing can replace the thrill of murder." 

She stabbed a knife into his back and he wallowed in pain. 

"Order them all to disperse. To act like this cartel never existed. To never bother us again." 

She listened to the Russian words that spewed from his tongue just as he going off track she delicately brought him back by pulling the knife back out slightly. 

The men nodded, surrendering their weapons and leaving the premises. 

"I did what you asked. Leave me be now." 

"Did you really think that I would leave you after you targeted my son?" 

He was stabbed a total of 30 times. 

Each time he screamed. 

Each time she rejoiced in knowing that the man that had shot her husband would die from her hands. 

_

She sat beside her husband, clutching his hand for dear life again. 

"Do you remember the day we met?" She reminisced with tears in her eyes. 

She let out a small chuckle, "I watched you from across the room, unsure if you were just a younger Aleksei. Never did I once think you would become my husband. The man I'd die for."

Alayna could remember that day as if it were yesterday. 

The young man had slipped into the room quietly, she hadn't noticed until Aleksei began to beam, whilst pulling him into an embrace. 

"Alayna, this is my dear nephew." She had forced herself to smile at him, which he didn't return. "He will be guarding you, I have been training him since childhood, he won't fail." 

And he hadn't failed her  to date. 

Slowly, as time went on, they began to enjoy each other's presence. They were able to talk, even if the conversation didn't lead anywhere. When the conversation would die down, they would sit in silence. He would sit drinking the coffee and she would enjoy a cup of hot chocolate. 

Overtime, he would also begin to drink hot chocolate like her. 

She had him smitten way before he realised.  

One night changed everything, it was treacherous night filled with thunderstorms and constant lightning. 

After completing his round of the house, he went to check up on her. 

He didn't have to, but he felt something was off. 

His heart tightened as he ascended the stairs, something was amiss, so he scrambled up those seemingly never ending stairs nearly losing his footing thrice. 

He swung open the doors to see her. 

Her panicked eyes. 

She jumped out of her bed and into his arms. 

Weeping and wallowing, she was spiralling, nothing that came out of her mouth was comprehendible.   

He did what he thought was the best thing to do. 

He held her. 

He held her as she wept. 

He held her as she tried to fight her demons. 

He held her, occasionally running his hand through her hair or telling her that he was there.

They slept on the floor, Mikhail's back taking most of the brunt. 

And from that night, they fell. 

They fell harder than they could have anticipated. 

Alayna knew she had someone who could protect her. 

Mikhail knew he couldn't let her be pricked by pain again. 

That was where it had flourished, from silent stares across the room to openly loving each other as husband and wife. 

She knew he would get through this.

He was much stronger than he knew, than he gave himself credit for. 

******

Assalamu alaikum, THANK YOU FOR 100 FOLLOWERS, LOVE YOU ALLL!!!

Also Ramadan is tomorrow, and you know what that means. I won't be updating. 

This time I have a plan and I intend to get this book finished. I am afraid to say that there may be less than 5 chapters left of this book. 

I'm so relived that I've finished yet I'm going to miss my Alayna so much 🫶

Thank you for the endless support, for dealing with my tantrums and meltdowns. 

In'sha'Allah I can go onto write bigger and better pieces of work with your support. 

Thank you ALL again for supporting me and my work❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 6.8K 25
She is a bad omen She is unlucky And now she is his unfortunate wife too. Well whose wife she is? And why she is called as unfortunate? Peep into the...
38.8K 840 12
Forced into a war you had no clue what to do, you were lost until a huge orange gem came along and told you what to do. You did as she said, scared o...
32.2K 1K 12
Shumaila Maqsood and Uzair Ahmad Jalees were best friends from birth, their parents being best friends themselves. They shared a boundless closeness...
186K 2.3K 20
Female lead : Advika is a young girl known by everyone as sweet and innocent as they come. But getting betrayed by the only person whom she g...