๐—ง๐—›๐—˜ ๐—”๐—ฅ๐—–๐—›๐—˜๐—ฅ, hotd

By tayl0rscardigan

๐—ง๐—›๐—˜ ๐—”๐—ฅ๐—–๐—›๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—ถ'๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—ถ'๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—›... More

๐—ฃ๐—ฅ๐—ข๐—Ÿ๐—ข๐—š๐—จ๐—˜
1. You wound me, child
2. A vengeful dragon
3. Bitter goodbyes
4. A dragon and a wolf
5. Destruction of a mother
6. My love
7. Fire with fire
8. Pure as gold
9. Object of my desires
10. Heir of Driftmark
11. beast beneath the boards
12. She-wolf
13. My mother
14. Rightful heir
15. Our boy
authors note - important
16. Grief and vengeance
17. Winter is coming
18. True Targaryen
19. You are no King
20. Unconditional love
21. The Lost Princess
22. A mistake
24. The beginning of the end
25. The ultimate sacrifice
26. The last one standing
27. Wardeness of the North
28. Avenging the dead

23. Enough for you

785 34 6
By tayl0rscardigan

*listen to video while reading this chapter*

Rhaella stood in her old chambers as she prepared for not only the execution of Otto Hightower but her mother's coronation as well.

In turn, she'd also be announced as Rhaenyra's heir later that evening.

It also meant that Cregan would be returning to Winterfell the following day.

This signified that her marriage to Lord Cregan was over. There was nothing left to salvage.

She had lost her husband, her children, and her brothers. Rhaella wasn't sure if this was all worth it.

She wasn't sure if sitting the Iron Throne was truly worth losing everything but it was the price she had to be with being the heir.

"Sister." A voice called causing Rhaella to turn around and see Baela.

"Baela." Rhaella smiled as she turned to face Baela.

"Do you need help?" Baela asked as she motioned to Rhaella's archer garments.

"Please." Rhaella nods before allowing Baela to help her.

"Are you nervous?" Baela asked after a few moments of silence between the pair.

"Just a bit. I've never had to kill anyone." Rhaella admitted softly.

"It's not like you will be killing someone innocent... Otto has done a great deal to our family." Baela replied, trying her best to comfort her sister the best she could.

"I know... I just never thought that this is what our life would come to." Rhaella sighed as Baela finished tightening her archer garments.

"None of us thought this is what our life would come to but it has. We must do with what we were given." Baela frowned as she took Rhaella's hands in hers.

"I know the Greens have taken a great deal from you. You of all people deserve to get the closure that you desperately need." Baela told her sternly.

"Killing Otto won't bring them back." Rhaella sighed as she thought of her brothers.

"No but it will give you a chance to avenge them." Baela told her softly.

"Thank you, sister." Rhaella breathed out as she pulled Baela into a hug.

"You're welcome, sister." Baela smiled before the two pulled away.

"Come. Mother and father are waiting for us." Baela sighed before the two walked down the steps of the castle.

Rhaella held onto Baela as they inched closer and closer towards the square where Otto Hightower would be executed.

The girl never imagined her life would turn to this after the death of Viserys but here she was, on her way to execute the man that was once her grandsire.

Though, he was never much of a grandsire for Rhaella to grow attached to. None of the Hightowers were ever much of a family to her.

The two soon reached the square and said their goodbyes to each other as Rhaella was handed her bow and arrow by one of the swordsman.

"You are hereby sentenced to death for treason and conspiracy against the crown, Lord Hightower." Rhaenyra announced as she, Daemon, Baela and Rhaena sat in their respective seats while the lords and other common folk stood to watch the execution.

"Any last words, Ser Otto?" Rhaella asked as she placed the arrow between her fingers and drew the arrow back.

"The real King of the Seven Kingdoms will prevail and you will regret the day he does." He announced causing the crowd of common folk and lords to murmur.

Rhaella quickly released the arrow and watched as it soared through the air and into his head, his body falling limp soon after.

"He will regret the day he dares to take my throne." Rhaella mumbled under her breath as she stared at Otto's limp body.

Amongst the crowd, Cregan stared at Rhaella as the common folk clapped and cheered at the death of Otto Hightower.

The numb expression on Rhaella's face was enough to tell him that his wife was long gone. The woman that he fell in love with was no longer there. She disappeared long before this war had started and he was just too blind to see the truth.

She was merely a fragment of the girl he had met many years ago at Driftmark and he wasn't sure if their marriage was salvageable.

-

After Otto's execution, Rhaella was sent to her chambers by her mother to prepare for the ceremony of not only her mother's succession but the announcement of Rhaella as heir to the Iron Throne.

All the lords would swear fealty to Rhaenyra as Queen and to Rhaella as heir. This would mean that she would be face to face with her husband, Cregan.

It would also mean that Cregan would no longer have a purpose of staying in King's Landing. He'd return to Winterfell where he belonged and their marriage would be over for good.

"I do not think this is a wise choice, Rhaella." Daemon remarked as the two walked down to Alicent's chambers, where she remained prisoner.

"You do not think any of my choices are wise, Uncle... Or shall I call you father?" She teased as she turned to him with a smirk. Daemon rolled his eyes at her words as they walked side by side.

"Not when they have anything to do with the Hightowers." He retorted with a laugh. "You may call me as you see fit. I would never try and replace the father you grew to know." Daemon informed her as they stopped in front of the Dowager Queen's chamber doors.

Rhaella laughed as she turned to the man. "That may be so but I need answers. Answers to why she did what she did."

Daemon stared at Rhaella for a moment before nodding. "Go on. I will see you for the ceremony." Rhaella nodded at his words before she entered Alicent's chambers.

"Princess Rhaella Targaryen." The knight announced before shutting the door behind her.

"I was not expecting your presence, Princess." Alicent replied as she stood to face Rhaella.

"I've come for answers as to why you took me from my mother and raised me to be your daughter only to mistreat me my entire life." Rhaella spat as she glared at Alicent. "You owe me that much after all the hell you've made me endure."

"Princess Rhaenyra and I were both pregnant at the same time. It's hard to say how close in our pregnancies we were but we both bore children. Somehow, the gods had us birth our children at the same time." Alicent explained as she looked out of the window of her chambers.

"When I delivered my child, it did not make a sound but you... you were all I could hear." Alicent scoffed as she looked down to her hands.

"Shortly after, the midwives took the babe away and I was later informed that the babe did not survive." Alicent stated sadly.

"I was devastated and I feared that I would disappoint Viserys, so I had the midwives tell Rhaenyra that her child did not survive the birth and you were given to me to raise." Alicent explained before looking to Rhaella.

"I had thought that when you were placed into my arms, everything would be fine and it wouldn't be like I had lost a child. But when I looked down at you and looked into your eyes, all I could feel was resentment. You had the same brown hair as me but you were everything Rhaenyra was.

As you grew older, I thought this feeling would fade and I'd grow this motherly attachment to you but it never came. You were a reminder of what I had lost as a young girl and I hated you for it. There wasn't anything you could do to have changed my mind and made me love you. You were everything I desperately tried to forget and it made me view you as a burden. I realize now that everything I put you through was not entirely fair to you but I cannot go and change the past." Alicent stated as Rhaella stared at her with tears in her eyes.

"You tore me from my own mother just to treat me as if i was scum on the bottom of your fucking shoe?" Rhaella shouted as she stared at Alicent with hurt in her eyes.

"My entire life I desperately sought for your love and affection because you were my mother. I loved you selflessly and suffered your abuse and torment because I thought one day you'd love me!" Rhaella cried as she felt her eyes begin to sting as they filled with tears.

"I endured all your abuse and harsh words just for you to tell me my real mother was my sister all along." Rhaella scoffed as she forced herself to look away from Alicent.

"I should have known you weren't my mother... What mother would put their child through mental and physical hell but then again, you treated Aegon and I the same yet he is your first son." Rhaella laughed in disbelief.

"You do not know the man that he is." Alicent whispered angrily.

"I know exactly what man he is and that is all because of you." Rhaella spat as she glared at Alicent.

"I am sorry for what your father did to you but that gave you absolutely no right to tear me away from my mother and mistreat me for his mistakes." Rhaella muttered.

"You are right about one thing... You cannot change the past but I can sure as hell write my own future. One that separates me from you." Rhaella announced as she glared at Alicent.

"And do you believe that is a wise choice? Announcing to the entire realm that you are a bastard?" Alicent asked with a small scoff.

"Careful, Alicent. Questioning the legitimacy of the heir to the Iron Throne is considered treason." Rhaella retorted as she teased the Dowager Queen.

"Viserys is dead and so is your father. You have no one to defend you now. I'd choose my next words carefully, Dowager Queen. You wouldn't want to make enemies with the wrong person." Rhaella smirked before turning to leave the room.

"I wonder what your father would say if he could see you now and hear the words you have spoken to me. Ah, that's right, he was killed by a fire in his own home... Such a shame, really." Alicent remarked causing Rhaella to turn around and slap her across the cheek as her chest heaved up and down in anger.

"Don't you dare mock my father's death. You will spend the rest of your days in this fucking chamber while my mother and I rule the Seven Kingdoms as the rightful heirs to the Iron Throne. From this day on, everyone will know what you've done and you will never have power over me again." Rhaella spat as she turned to walk away.

"I hope that when your time comes, it is as merciless as my fathers." Rhaella called out over her shoulder before she forcefully opened the door and stormed down the corridor.

-

Rhaella was stood in front of her mother as the lords of the Seven Kingdoms kneeled in front of her and swore fealty to Rhaenyra as Queen and Rhaella as heir to the Iron Throne.

The girl was dressed in a red gown with gold trimming along it as her hair was pinned back with braids. It was odd for Rhaella to be standing before the lords and have them swear fealty to her as heir when it would have been Jace.

Jace. She thought.

Neither of her brothers knew that she was their sister before their deaths. They never learned the truth but Rhaella liked to believe that they knew.

Deep down, Rhaella always hoped that Rhaenyra was her mother and Jace and Luke were her brothers. They were the only family that she knew as a child and now.

She just wished she was able to have one last moment with them. Just one. So, she could hug them one last time before they'd part ways until they would be reunited again in death.

"Corlys of House Velaryon. Lord of the Tides and Master of Driftmark." A knight announced as the man stepped forward and kneeled before Rhaella.

"I, Corlys Velaryon, Lord of the Tides and Master of Driftmark, promise to be faithful to Queen Rhaenyra and her named heir, the Princess Rhaella. I pledge fealty to them and shall defend them against all enemies in good faith and without deceit. I swear this by the old gods and the new." Coryls announced as he looked to Rhaella.

Corlys' eyes softened as they gazed into Rhaella's nervous ones, the man knowing that she was terrified of what was to come next.

Those she held dear to her heart were dead and she was afraid that the war for the throne was not yet over. Aegon was no where to be found and she could only imagine what will happen if he were to return to King's Landing.

As the ceremony carried on, more lords swore fealty to Rhaenyra and Rhaella, the only one remaining was Cregan.

His walk towards Rhaella made the girl breathe out a shaky breath before he kneeled in front of her, his gaze focused on the ground.

"Cregan of House Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North." A knight announced as everyone watched Cregan kneel before his wife.

"I, Cregan Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, promise to be faithful to Queen Rhaenyra and her named heir, the Princess Rhaella." Cregan spoke as his head slowly lifted and met the eyes of Rhaella.

"I pledge fealty to them and shall defend them against all enemies in good faith and without deceit. I swear this by the old gods and the new." Cregan announced as the two stared at each other sadly.

Rhaella watched as he stood and walked back to his original spot before she turned to look at her mother.

Rhaenyra stood up as she kept her gaze on Rhaella, the woman wanting Rhaella to know everything would be okay as long as they were together.

"I, Rhaenyra Targaryen, first of her name, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm, do hereby name Rhaella Targaryen, Princess of Dragonstone and heir to the Iron Throne." Rhaenyra announced as everyone bowed their head, including Rhaella.

It was then that Rhaella slowly turned to meet the eyes of everyone and watched as they each bowed for her as the heir to the Iron Throne.

Her eyes scanned the room and once they caught sight of Cregan, they remained on him.

She was afraid that if she looked away, she would never see him again. She was afraid of him disappearing without even muttering a goodbye towards her.

Soon after the ceremony had concluded, everyone was gathered in the feasting hall for dinner to commemorate tonight's events.

Rhaella was seen pacing around the room, greeting every lord with a friendly smile.

This night was meant to be momentous. Her mother was the first ever Queen of the Seven Kingdoms and yet all Rhaella could think about was Cregan.

She knew she was wrong to hide the fact that she would need to remain in King's Landing instead of returning to Winterfell but she did it for her mother.

Part of her knew her marriage was over but there was a small part of her that hoped that they could mend their relationship.

"Princess Rhaella." Corlys called out to the girl as he approached her.

"Lord Corlys." Rhaella smiled as she allowed the man to pull her into his embrace.

"I wanted to be the first to congratulate you on being named heir to the Iron Throne." Corlys smiled as the two pulled away from their embrace.

"Thank you, Lord Corlys. Your words mean a great deal to me." Rhaella smiled as she stared up at the man.

"And I wanted to apologize for all that you've had to endure at the hands of Alicent Hightower. No one deserves to be taken from their mother and tormented as a child." Corlys frowned as he stared down at Rhaella.

"You deserved to have grown up at Driftmark where you belong. You might not have been raised as a Velaryon but you hereby are one from now on. You will always have at home at Driftmark, my girl. Laenor would be proud of you." Corlys smiled softly down at her.

Rhaella's eyes softened as she smiled up at Corlys. His words brought an immense wave of relief and security towards her.

"Thank you, Lord Corlys... I'd like to believe he would be proud of me as well." Rhaella muttered softly as she felt tears fill her eyes.

For years, Rhaella prayed to the gods for a family that loved her just as much as she loved them and after 21 years, she finally had a family that loved her.

"I suppose that makes you my grandsire." Rhaella laughed causing Lord Corlys to laugh with her.

"I suppose so." Corlys smiled as he caressed her cheek gently. "Your brothers would be proud of you as well." Corlys whispered as he held her close to his chest as they hugged once again. 

Rhaella felt a tear fall at the mention of Jace and Luke. It was still hard for Rhaella to accept that her brothers were gone. She would never see them as men and start their own families with Baela and Rhaena. 

Their lives were taken from them far too soon and all she could think about was their last moments together in Dragonstone. 

After Rhaella and Lord Corlys had finished speaking, Rhaella continued to pace around the hall until Cregan had slowly approached her. 

"May I speak with you privately?" He asked as he kept his gaze anywhere but her. "Of course." She nodded before following him out of the hall and into the garden of the Red Keep. 

"I am not sure if you were made aware of this but I will be returning to Winterfell at dawn. Now that your mother sits the throne, I have no reason to remain in the South." Cregan breathed out as he glanced at his shoes. 

"My mother may no longer need you but I do. You have a reason to remain in the South." Rhaella muttered causing Cregan to look up and meet her eyes. 

"The North needs me. The people of Winterfell need me. I have been gone for far too long." Cregan sighed as he looked away from her eyes. 

"I know it was wrong of me to hide this from you, I see that now but she is my mother. I was only ever trying to do right by my mother and our house." Rhaella explained to him softly. 

"And what of mine, Rhaella? I had to leave Winterfell and leave it in the hands of my sister, who is now dead because of your family." Cregan spat angrily. 

"My sister is dead and I was not there to protect her! I will never get her back." Cregan muttered as he stared at Rhaella. 

"You are not the only one who lost her because I lost her as well. She may have been your sister but she was the other half of my soul! I grew up alongside her and spent years with her by my side. Do you think I do not blame myself for her death? Because I do. Everyday I walk these corridors, I am haunted by her memories here." Rhaella yelled angrily. 

"I have lost far more than you ever will because of my own family. I will never see my brothers again. I will never get to tell them that I am their sister. I will never get to tell my father that I am his daughter. I will never see Marjorie again. I do not even know if our children are alive! I live in constant fear knowing Aegon and Aemond are somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms." Rhaella announced as she felt her throat tighten. 

"As long as they are alive, I will always have a constant threat against me but I am here supporting my mother and trying to avenge everyone I have lost. Their deaths will not have been in vain." Rhaella whispered as she stared at Cregan with hurt in her eyes. 

"I know my words will never bring Marjorie back or make what I did right but I need you now more than ever. Please do not tell me I have lost you too." Rhaella begged as she stared at Cregan with pleading eyes. 

"I'm sorry, Rhaella. I don't think we could ever move past this." Cregan admitted as he turned and whistled out into the air.

Small footsteps were heard before Scarlett, Rhaella's wolf pup, emerged into the garden and rushed towards Rhaella causing the girl to kneel and pet the pup. 

"I thought that you should have her here in King's Landing with you. She was next to Marjorie when we found her." Cregan muttered as Rhaella looked away from Scarlett and to him.  

"You will make a fine Queen one day, Rhaella. I'm sorry I wasn't enough for you." Cregan whispered before leaving the two alone in the garden. 

Rhaella watched tearfully as Cregan left, the stars now becoming incomplete without the moon. 

BELLA'S CORNER

bye, i actually started sobbing writing the ending paragraphs of this chapter ...

next chapter will have a bit of a time jump, closer to when aegon returns to king's landing...

what do you think will happen to rhaella when aegon returns to king's landing?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

628K 16K 25
โa pure blooded targaryen shall be more feared than all the dragons in westeros.โž โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ•ฐโ”€โžค ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ซ๐š๐ ๐จ๐ง ..โƒ—.โ„๏ธโ€ขฬฉฬฉอ™โบใ‚œ...
59.1K 1.4K 9
Is it a video? Is it a video? . . . โ € โธบ โ €Fire and Blood / House of the Dragon โ € โธบ โ €fem!oc x Cregan Stark โ € โธบ โ €cover by @ewgender
178K 4.1K 28
There's something off about the King's Personal attendant. Something sinister. ***Used to be Savage*** ***Currently Being Edited*** Female!OC x Viser...
4.8K 47 2
ALL THE FEAR YOUR HOLDING DEEP WITHIN, TAKE MY HAND I'LL GUIDE YOUR WAY TO SALVATION. ยฉ VVANQII โ•ฑ JUJUTSU KAISEN