A GIRL'S GUIDE TO THE STARS •...

By stooriees4uu

Nova Lupin likes stars, she always has. Maybe it's because her name is a literal star, or maybe because they'... More

ACT ONE ⋅ the escapee and the enabler
i ) painkilling pumpkin juice and pufferfish facts
ii ) dementor on the train, cat on the lap
iii ) lemon sherbet residue
iv ) exploding potions and floating books
v ) when i think too much about it, i can't breathe
vi ) twenty three stitches and a book of names
vii ) handfuls of woodlice

PROLOGUE

51 4 2
By stooriees4uu

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

WHEN YOU LOOK up at the sky on a clear night, the naked eye is able to see about 9,096 stars. Nine-thousand-and-ninety-six. They shine in the reflection of your eyes, winking at you, twinkling under the admiration of the viewer. They crave validation. The need to hear someone, anyone, say; 'the stars look beautiful tonight'.

However many time those words pass your lips, does not matter. The 9,096 stars in your vision are all dead. They've been dead for quite a while. Your eyes are picking up the thousand year old carcasses. The projection of what used to be.

But your eyes don't realise that. You don't make the connection that you're actually just looking at a black sheet. You don't know that the stars have died and burnt up.

Stars are funny like that.

They shine and shine, hoping for somebody to see. They want to be noticed. To be loved. But they're not. The stars are ignored and left to the side to dwell and die on their own. Stars put up a façade and are praised by the viewers looking at the mask.

Stars live. Stars die. 

It's the cycle of life. 

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 4.6K 62
Despite her great skill in reading between the lines, Lena Pettigrew has always had trouble reading lines. Her dyslexia has always been something she...
8.3K 201 11
Jessica Stamp looks like a normal girl. But, she probably has the most secrets anyone has ever had. She's a wizard, she's bullied by a bunch of Slyth...
1.5M 65.2K 182
"one serving of syrup a day keeps the werewolf away." just your not-so-average slow-burn, forbidden and star-crossed lovers love-story with several t...
81.5K 1.4K 79
all I can ever ask of you is to stay. just stay. ----- i do not take credit for the s...