Can't Catch Me Now || Eli Mos...

By shayshaybot

The second story in the KT Whittaker story, sequel to Sweetest Pain || Hawk Moskowitz. KT Whittaker has had... More

Prologue
001 Clipped Wings
003 The World
004 Natural
005 Don't Blame Me...
006 Looking Bad
008 Enchanted
007 Prom?
009 You and Me
010 One Night
011 Angelic
012 Competition Ready
013 Calm Before the Storm

002 What's In Your Head?

416 43 11
By shayshaybot

She knew there were people around, she just couldn't see them. Her music was too loud, her eyes were too focused. As her shoes hit the pavement one after the other, KT was in her own world. Had her hair been pulled out of the high, tight ponytail she'd pulled it into, the wind would blow through it beautifully. But she wasn't aiming for beauty - she was aiming for the best.

Her track team had gone home an hour ago but she needed to stay. She told them she was waiting on Moon, who was there with the cheer team, but that was only half of the truth. In reality, KT was trying to run the anger out. That morning, Yasmine had told her that she needed to get out and do something about it, or else she'd have wrinkles a lot sooner in life. That was the least of her problems, wrinkles, but the thought made her realize she couldn't keep going to bed angry every night. She couldn't keep remembering Eli's teary eyes and broken, raw voice.

Running ultimately didn't help like it once did.

Instead of letting go, it got her heart rate up and fueled her anger even more. Despite trying to shut her brain off and just let the music move her forward, those thoughts invaded her mind. She thought about how Eli must have fought back, how scared he must have been when they cornered him, how awful it must've felt when he realized what they were there to do.

They didn't didn't even use a set of clippers! They shaved his head with a fucking barber's razor! Where the fuck did Robby even get that? Who even uses those anymore? She scoffed and kept her breathing even, her eyes ahead of her and steady. She didn't care how long she'd been there, she kept going. She wouldn't stop until she had to.

Though she might have had she looked out once in a while, she might've seen some familiar faces talking to some girls on the field...

Miguel was with Sensei Lawrence trying to recruit some girls to Eagle Fang since they'd found out about some recent changes to the All Valley Tournament. A girls division being added threw a wrench in their plans for training as late now that they'd need at least one female member of the dojo in order to up their chances of winning. Not to mention the skills division but Miguel thought that they should deal with one thing at a time.

As they were leaving, after finding that most girls already in sports didn't need karate, they were approached by Moon. Well, mostly Miguel was approached by Moon.

"Hey, Miguel," she greeted cheerfully.

He stopped and offered a smile. "Hey, Moon. What's up?"

She made a face. "Apparently some perv was creeping on the soccer team, so we're gonna practice inside. What are you guys doing here?"

"Recruiting for our new dojo," he told her.

Sensei Lawrence jumped in and announced the cool name he'd come up with. "Eagle Fang Karate."

Miguel had an idea. "Yeah, you know, you should join, actually."

"Really? Yeah, that sounds fun," she said with a smile, but then thought about it for a second and frowned. "Wait, do I have to hit anyone?"

"Hell yeah, you do," Johnny answered enthusiastically.

She shook her head. "Then no, sorry. I-I can't do the physical aggression thing." However, Moon being Moon didn't want to make them leave empty-handed. "You know, you should ask my ex."

"KT? She already said no," Miguel told her.

At that moment, KT flew by them on the track, her feet practically pounding out the concrete. She didn't even realize they were there, her eyes fiercely on something more important. She was there and gone in a matter of two seconds.

"Holy shit, they weren't kidding when they said she was fast," Sensei Lawrence commented, watching her run the track. As she turned, he turned to watch her, almost twisting himself around, but stopped and straightened himself back up and forward. "Wish she'd join. No one would stand a chance against her."

Moon smiled kindly and nodded as she watched KT too. Then she put her eyes back on the guys in front of her and said, "I meant my other ex. She's a great athlete, though maybe not as great as KT, and she's not afraid to get into a fight."

"Sounds like the badass babe we've been looking for," Johnny said.

That gave Moon pause as she realized who the creep was on the field earlier, but brushed past that in order to offer them the help they needed. At the end of the day, Sensei Lawrence wasn't a creep. He was just out of touch, as Miguel had said at one time or another. "You might want to try a different approach with her. I can give you some pointers."

Miguel nodded immediately, smiling thankfully.

As they talked through those pointers, KT continued to sweat.

She ran for as long as cheer practice went on. She only stopped when Moon came to get her so they could go home, clean up, and do some at-home spa treatments. It was their usual routine now that track and cheer were practicing so close together.

As they walked to Moon's car, KT all but swallowed her water bottle whole as she drank the cool refresher. When she wasn't downing the liquid, she was panting hard. She tossed her gym bag in the back with Moon's pom-poms and took residence in the passenger seat. As soon as Moon started the SUV, upbeat pop music started playing and she set something down on the middle console.

KT picked up the piece of paper and scoffed. It was a flier for Eagle Fang Karate. "What's this all about?"

"Didn't you hear?" Moon asked, buckling her seat belt. "The All Valley made a new girls division. Miguel and his sensei are trying to get some girls to join to further their cause. They wanted me to join but you know me. It's a bit too violent for my taste."

"But you still took their flier," KT said, tossing it into the backseats.

Moon smiled. "I was being nice. I might not like it but someone else might. You never know."

"Yeah, you're right," KT sighed.

"I also pointed them toward Piper."

"Your ex, Piper?"

"Yeah, she'd really like something like that."

KT thought about it for a moment. She didn't not like Piper, they'd hung out a few times when Moon dated her, but they hadn't seen a lot of each other since then. They were on okay terms, but it wasn't as if they were the best of friends. She nodded. "You're right."

Moon put the car in drive and got them out of the school parking lot. "I know. But let's not talk about karate, you need to do something about your hair."

KT laughed, touching her head. Her hair was soaked with sweat and felt icky. "I know! You did not have to point that out!"

Moon laughed with her, happy to hear the jovial tone in her voice. "I'm sorry! I'm trying to help!"

They laughed the entire way to Moon's house, having the best of time joking with each other and singing along to Moon's after-workout playlist. It was nice and let KT forget about the karate war for a while. It was fun. It was what she needed.

~

KT💍
How r u?

Eli
Fine hru

KT💍
I'm ok
I miss u

Eli
I'm sorry

KT💍
Don't b
Ik it's hard rn
I shouldn't of said anything

Eli
We're having a conversation, say whatever you want
That's how they work right?

KT💍
Yes but I still shouldn't have said that

Eli stared at the text, feeling bad. There was a hunk of lead in his stomach keeping him in one place. He'd just gotten out of the shower, needing time to himself to think. Demetri had paid him a visit and said a lot, as usual, and left him with a lot to think about. A shower helped with that but as he texted KT, he wondered what the right thing to do was.

He drafted a text, his thumbs moving on their own, then he deleted the whole thing to start over, but only after he got dressed. He didn't want his mom to come get him for dinner and find him standing around in his boxers. She had enough to deal with as it was, the last thing he needed her to worry about was his state of mind.

So he tossed his phone on his bed for the time being and got himself dressed. I'm putting her through Hell. I should just end it before things get worse.

As that thought crossed his mind, tears welled up in his eyes. He used his shirt to wipe them away before they could fall. He couldn't cry over this again. He didn't want to cry anymore, no matter the reason. He was sick of it.

Once dressed, he grabbed his phone, only to see a text from KT.

KT💍
I just love you so much. I want to do right by you Eli but I just don't know how. So please don't take it the wrong way. Please don't be upset or feel guilty about it. I want you to be able to tell me how you feel and I feel like that means I should be just as open with you. I miss you. I love you. All I want is for you to be okay and I want to help. Please let me do that

He read it over and over again. The tears fell anyway as his heart swelled, taking up the entirety of his chest cavity. He missed her too, he just didn't know how to tell her that. At one point, he found it so easy to talk to her, now he didn't know which words to use. So he said the first thing that came to mind...

Eli
Do u want to come over for dinner?

~~~

This was a bit of a heartbreaker of a chapter for me. Poor Eli, I hate when he's so down 😭 and is KT over exercising again? What do you think will happen next???

Thoughts? Feelings? Concerns? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 199 37
𝖡𝗈𝗋𝗇 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗈 𝖺 𝖿𝖺𝗆𝗂𝗅𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗌𝗅𝗈𝗐𝗅𝗒 𝖿𝖾𝗅𝗅 𝖺𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍, 𝖫𝖾𝖺𝗁 𝖧𝗈𝗉𝗉𝖾𝗋, 𝖺𝗍 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗍𝖾𝗇 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗌 𝗈𝗅𝖽, 𝗅𝗈𝗌𝖾�...
1.2M 53.3K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
436K 16.8K 91
reveal to me all of the terrible things you've done and let me love you anyway © starlithearts, 2022 cobra kai seasons 1-6 miguel diaz / female oc
109K 2.4K 24
"once an asshole always an asshole" [ahs season 9]