|Towards the Endgame|

By Jay25211

"So that's why you're swooning so badly over this guy. I could've seen it coming. Little Y/n and her superher... More

•Chapter 1• Return to Queens
•Chapter 2• Two Months Later
•Chapter 3• Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
•Chapter 4• You're the....
•Chapter 5• No Party, Peter!
•Chapter 6• Glowing thingy
•Chapter 7• Washington, D.C.
•Chapter 8• Partners in Crime
•Chapter 9• I lost it...
•Chapter 10• Homecoming
•Chapter 11• He's coming
•Chapter 12• We're Backup
•Chapter 13• Why is Gamora?!
•Chapter 14• On Titan
•Chapter 15• I don't feel so good...
•Chapter 16• The Kids
•Chapter 17• Five Years Later
•Chapter 18• The Sister
•Chapter 19• The Sacrifice
•Chapter 20• Avengers Assemble
•Chapter 21• Stark Industries
•Chapter 22• The Trip
•Chapter 23• Venice
•Chapter 24• Mysterio
•Chapter 25• Prague
•Chapter 26• Fire Monster
•Chapter 27• You Lied
•Chapter 28• Illusions
•Chapter 29• Two Brains, Two Hearts
•Chapter 30• London
•Chapter 31• Identity Revealed
•Chapter 32• I Want a Lawyer
•Chapter 33• It's Crazy
•Chapter 34• Doctor Strange
•Chapter 35• Doctor Otto Octavius
•Chapter 36• Multiverse Villains
•Chapter 37• Fix Them All
•Chapter 38• Moral Mission
•Chapter 39• I Got Bitter
•Chapter 40• Three That's A Magic Number
•Chapter 41• Remember You
•Chapter 42• Close Mornings
•Chapter 43• The Stark Intern
•Chapter 44• Interrupt Us
•Chapter 45• Promise Me
•Chapter 46• Doctor Bruce Banner
•Chapter 47• The First Phase
•Chapter 48• Superheroes
•Chapter 49• Belova
•Chapter 50• Big Sister Instinct
•Chapter 51• It's been a long, long time
•Chapter 52• In A World of Pure Imagination
•Chapter 53• Replacement
•Chapter 54• Overwhelmed By All
•Chapter 55• Just the Two of Us
•Chapter 56• Not a lot of Sleep
•Chapter 57• Coffee Shop Date With Friends
•Chapter 58• Dad Mode Activated
•Chapter 59• Resting Minds
•Chapter 60• Until You Lose Control
•Chapter 61• Arc Reactor Of Your Own, Sweets
•Chapter 62• Parker Residence
•Chapter 63• Stealing some Kisses
•Chapter 64• Mornings Like This
•Chapter 65• Mission Partners
•Chapter 66• You Can't
•Chapter 67• Off The Map
•Chapter 68• Avengers Kid
•Chapter 69• Get The Girl
•Chapter 71• Sleepless
•Chapter 72• Friend Dates
•Chapter 73• It's a School Day
•Chapter 74• A Little Invasive
•Chapter 75• Happy Anniversary
•Chapter 76• Relax
•Chapter 77• How Was It?
•Chapter 78• Jealousy Jealousy
•Chapter 79• Itsy Bitsy Spider
•Chapter 80• Tell Me Little Lies
•Chapter 81• Liar Liar
•Chapter 82• Widow Return

•Chapter 70• Glorious Purpose

48 2 3
By Jay25211

"What are you looking at, girl?" He snaps at her. She takes a step closer. His tentacles were offline, but they still looked very strong. She narrows her eyes at them. "Peter? Did they observe the nanotech?" She called out to her boyfriend. Peter glances up. Only now he noticed how close she stood to the villainous man. "Yeah. Uh, can you maybe step back a little?" He asks her. She looks at the tentacles closely. "Interesting." She says. "You designed the nanotechnology?" Octavius asks her. His tone was slightly calmer than before. She looked up at him and nodded. "Yeah, I did. Well, my dad did. But I perfected this model." She explains. "Interesting." Octavius said, "It takes a brilliant mind to come up with something like this. And to perfect it. You're so young." He added. "Yeah... I know." She spoke quietly.

"Is everyone okay?" She asks politely. "I will be if you let us out," Flint tells her. "Yeah," Max agreed with him. "I'm just trying to be nice. It's been a long day." Y/n replied softly. "I feel like I know you," Max tells her. Y/n turns to him. "Maybe you do. In your universe." She started, "You're Max, right?" She added. He nodded silently. "Listen, Peter's going to help you. All of you. He's on your side." She assures them. "Peter Parker." Connors spat out his name. He hated the boy, but he didn't even know this Peter. "You remembered my name." Max mumbles.

"Fascinating." He says. He walks toward the other villains. Y/n comes into view. "Oh, yeah, Doctor Osborn. This is my girlfriend. Y/n." Peter introduced him. Norman eyes her up and down. "Y/n?" He repeated. "Hi, uh, it's nice to meet you, Doctor." She smiles politely. She carefully extends her hand for him to take. He kept looking at her as he shook her hand. There was not really a reason to be scared of him. Otherwise, Peter would've locked him away already. "I feel like I know you," Osborn admitted.

 "You are trying to fill a void. Taking Norman in, caring for him. He feels it too. He feels like he knows you. Sweet as you are, you're just like him."

"So why don't you get me a more comfortable chair, ay? This one hurts my ass." Another door was opened and a few more men - whose lower faces were still covered - walked inside, one of them, dragging a new chair behind him. She stood up from her seat and watched as it was replaced for her with the new one. She sunk back down and sat on it like a queen sitting on a throne. "So you set everything up, huh? Ain't so smart, are ya, missy? Why would you go through all that trouble if you're in charge anyway? Thought about that?" The round-faced man asked her sternly. "Of course, I did." She said. "Then what was the point in all of this?"
"Power." Y/n replied, "Isn't that obvious? I know power. I have power. But it's not enough. Not when you know there are other universes out there to gain power from."
"So, you almost blew up your boyfriend and yourself for that? For a dramatic entrance? Such a diva." The man spat at her with a chuckle. Y/n just returned a playful and cocky smile. "Well, I am a Stark. I have a reputation to keep up with." She leaned forward a bit, "So if you ask me why, that's one reason why." But the round-faced man did not seem very satisfied with her answer. "So there's more to it."
"Well, of course, there is, I'm not a monster." She tells him, "I can make everything easier for someone I love. For everyone I love." The man rolled his eyes. "So, lover boy in the other room."
"Money can't buy you everything, sure, but it can make things easier. That blackout that happened? Who do you think caused that? And more importantly, what caused that?" Y/n spat back at him and ignored his rude cut-off, "Yes, that was me. My machine. I did the impossible. Imagine what more I can do."

"So what you plan on taking over the universe or something?" The man questioned as he recalled her mentioning other universes before. "Something like that," Y/n answered without blinking. "Have you ever wondered if there is another version of you somewhere out there? In another universe. Or him? Or him?"
"Get to the point, missy."
"A few months ago, villains from other universes came into ours. Dangerous people. We've all seen them right? Doctor Otto Octavius, the lizard man, that Electro guy and even Norman Osborn came back from the dead. They all came here. No one thought it was possible and yet it was. And I've done something like that again." She said. "That's what caused the blackout." One of the masked men guessed. Y/n smiled at him proudly. "Good boy. Yes. That is what caused it. My machine did something extraordinary." She leaned a bit closer again. "Tony Stark is alive." She revealed. The round-faced man slumped back in his seat. Dumbfounded by what the girl just told him. "Impossible."
Y/n lifts her finger and sits up straight again to look the man dead in the eyes. "And yet possible." she said, "I don't have magical abilities. I'm not a god.  I wasn't bitten by something. But I did get hurt. That's what gave me this." she tapped her fingers over her chest to reveal the Arc Reactor that was strapped to her. "There was an accident. And just like my father, my heart was hurt by it. But it did grant me something of an ability. I can connect with others. See what they see. I can make the world a better place. Finding criminals faster and all that..." She briefly glanced at one of the masked men who stood on her right. Just slightly behind her. He was looking at her too. Very intensely. The round-faced man cleared his throat harshly to interrupt their eye contact. Y/n turned back to him. "You were saying?"
"Probably something smart," Y/n replied smugly.

She was getting on his last nerves. And she was proud of it. "Get to the point." Y/n replayed the moment in her head trying to remember where she left off. "Oh, right. I'll find them faster—the criminals. Or," She paused again, "I recruit a team. And they don't even realize it. Tricking them isn't that hard. I've got my words for that, my resources. But finding them... Well, that's where that ability comes in." She explained. "You still haven't answered my question. You've just told us how we got here."
"Well, maybe, if you stop interrupting me, I can finish my explanation." Y/n spat at him. The round-faced man shut his mouth again and looked at her unimpressed. "So, I thought to myself, if I can do that here. Why can't I do it everywhere? My dad's never going back into his suit and neither am I. I need a team to protect what I love. And I don't care if I must search other universes for that."
"Young love. It's sweet and all, but I couldn't care less." The man barked at her. "If I have that power, everyone on earth can be safe. At the very least." She cut him off. "And you think you're the one to hold that power now huh, missy? I've got news for you. Just because you're a Stark, doesn't mean you own everything. You recalled those Multiversal criminals. They could have killed everyone. And you want to bring them here again and god knows what else?" The man stood up from his chair and towered over her. "You're insane." he declared. "Sit down," she ordered him. He didn't move. "You're not the boss of me, miss." He lashed out at at her. "Grab him." Before the man could comprehend he was dragged back into his chair and held down by two of his own men. Or well her men. Y/n stood up from her seat and folded her arms over her chest. "I need you." She tells him. "You do not mess with the multiverse."
"I'm not messing with it." she said to the man, "I know what I have to do," she added. "And what exactly is that?" The round-faced man questioned bitterly. "Don't you get it? It's all about purpose. A glorious purpose." She continued, "Months ago when those multiverse figures came around, there was something off about them. They said I seemed familiar. All of them. And I thought about it. There has to be another Y/n out there just like there is another you. Someone who's just a tad different. Which brings me back to one of the first questions that I asked you. Have you ever wondered if there is another version of you somewhere out there? In another universe." She repeated her question from before. The room somehow became even more quiet than before. It was almost like the minions were holding their breath under their bandanas that covered their mouths. "Well, I've found her. Sort of. By making that connection I found my variant. Yeah, let's call it a variant." She smiled, "They're all the daughter of some great and powerful man. A smart man. She falls in love with Spider-Man. Her father dies. And she dedicates her life to bringing him back. And then, she succeeds. And then she finds her purpose. A glorious purpose might I add. Finding power in the multiverse."

"That's your glorious purpose? Bit smug don't you think?" The round-faced man pointed out to her. "In true Stark fashion," Y/n replied with a cocky grin. The round-faced man hummed and gave her a look. "So, are you with me? You'll get paid well for your service." The man nodded. "Yeah, sure. I'm in. Money's good, right?" Y/n smiled and shook the man's hand. "I can assure you that money is not an issue. You will be greatly rewarded." She glanced over her shoulder. The guy she was looking at before was now standing with a few others, patiently waiting for her to tell them what to do.
"Harley, get the transport ready. You and the other two are going to Stark Industries and fix my drones." Harley - who was the one standing behind her - mumbled something to the others standing with him. When they all left, he stayed and approached Y/n. He pulled the bandana down to reveal his face. "What about Peter?"
"What about him?" Y/n questioned. "Well, we kind of knocked the shit out of him earlier." He tells him. "We? That was you. We are going to have a little chat about that later, by the way, but right now I need you to go there and fix the drones because we're going to need them. You know when we send them through the machine?" Harley nodded. "Yes, ma'am." He said, "So you're never gonna tell him or..." Y/n laughed and gently patted Harley's shoulder. "What Spider-Man doesn't know, doesn't hurt him. Besides, he'll start telling me to stop. And I only want what's best for both of us. To keep us all safe."
"See I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't tell you to stop. I would encourage you to continue. Just like I'm doing right now." Harley replied in a teasing tone with a look she did not approve of. She shoved him away. "Just get moving, Keener, I am not doing this again. Go. I'm taking Peter. Gustav?" One of the men who had held down the round-faced man stepped forward. "Ma'am?" He said in a soft and buttery voice. "I need my car. I need to get Peter home. Or to a hospital. The poor boy's been coughing his lungs out of his body." The man left her

"Peter!" Y/n hurried back into the room to find Peter sitting against the wall. His mouth was bloody and he looked very pale. "Y/n..." She knelt beside him and cupped his face in her hands. "Are you okay?" she asked him. Peter nodded his head while coughing some more. "You?" Y/n felt Peter's arms lock around her waist as she knelt beside him. "I'm fine. They didn't hurt me." She assured him. She grabbed his head and held him against her chest. Peter smiled a little as he felt her kiss the top of his head. He started coughing again. They did hurt him badly. "They're letting us go. For now." Peter furrowed his eyebrows as he pulled away slightly to look at her. "What?" He choked out. His voice sounded broken and shattered. "I made a deal with them. Pete, they hurt you. I just offered them money. Nothing to worry about. I need to get you checked out." Y/n carefully put her hand over his throat. Peter looked up at her with watery eyes. He wanted to say something but stopped himself. Y/n knew how badly he wanted to tell her she shouldn't have done that and how they would've found a way out together. She smiled at him weakly and cupped his cheeks in the palms of her hands. Her thumbs gently brushed over his skin. "Peter, it's fine. They promised to leave us alone if I gave them the money. Really, it's nothing. You're more important to me." Peter nodded and leaned closer to her again, resting his head against her chest. She was holding him tightly and started humming a little tune to comfort him. What had happened in there? "It's all going to be okay, Pete. It'll be okay." She whispers to him. He nodded and listened to her humming a little song to him. He hadn't realized how scared he'd felt until now. What if they did something to her in there? He couldn't stop them. His grip around her waist tightened as her thumb brushed over his chin to wipe away some of the blood he had coughed up earlier. "Car's here, Stark!" Someone barked at her from outside in the hallway. Peter didn't feel good about this. He'd been knocked to the ground - coughing up blood - and his girlfriend had to pay for them to be released. And who knows for how long? Whatever the case, they were letting them go. Peter felt weak. He could barely stand on his own feet when Y/n dragged him out of the building and toward a car. No one even checked on them when they left, which was weird. He was just glad to be out of there.

May's eyes were wide open as she opened the front door to her apartment. "Oh my god..." She immediately assisted Y/n with carrying the boy inside and led him straight to the couch. "I heard what happened. Tony said you two were there." May said to Y/n. "We were taken. Someone wants something but we don't know who or what. Not exactly. Peter fought really hard. They hit him in the throat. I couldn't do anything." Y/n blurted out in only a few breaths. Peter looked up at his aunt. "I'm fine." His voice was still raspy. "I'll get you something, Pete. And I need to tell someone you two are okay." May pressed a kiss to his forehead before leaving. Y/n was kneeling in front of him on the couch and held his hand tightly. "I can't stay for long." She tells him. "I don't want you to go. Not alone." She smiled at Peter, pulled his hand up to her lips, and kissed his knuckles. "Peter, I have to go home. My parents are probably worried sick about me already." She said to him. "No," Peter whined very quietly. He sat up and looked at Y/n. He looked like he was about to burst into tears. "You can't leave. Please, don't leave." May returned before Y/n could assure her boyfriend again that everything would be fine. May gave him something for his throat that would fix him in an hour or two. May then looked up at Y/n. "Are you alright?" Y/n nodded her head. "Yes, no one hurt me. Peter didn't want them to take me so he fought them. But they were with top many." Y/n explained to the woman, "I'm sorry about all of this." May stood up from her seat again. "Honey, no, you don't have to say that. You're both safe. That's all that matters to me. You both have a responsibility. It's dangerous. I know that. I'm just glad you're home." Y/n smiled at the woman. May looked at her nephew who was gently rubbing his hand over his throat. "You just give your throat a little rest, alright? Just nod or shake your head." Peter nodded in agreement. May spun her attention back to Y/n. "Honey, there was someone here for you earlier. That lawyer? Matt Murdock? He said I needed to call him if I picked up anything from you." May tells her. "Matt's looking for me?"
"It has something to do with your dad, honey. He said your dad called him. He's really worried about you."

Peter tried to protest but May told her to go. Y/n had to go and be with her family. After she called Matt, he told her to meet her somewhere nearby. He would pick her up and take her home instead of her going off by herself again. Peter didn't want her to go. He felt like a puppy clinging to its owner. As soon as the door shut, Peter shut down and let the tears roll from his eyes. May wrapped a warm arm around the boy. "Sweetie." She whispers to him. Peter leans into her and starts crying loudly. He couldn't stop himself or hold back his tears. May tried her best to comfort him with sweet words and soft touches but Peter could only cry. They'd taken Y/n into a separate room. Twice. And he couldn't do anything to stop them. He couldn't hear anything that happened inside.  He had started to imagine the most horrible things he made it traumatic for himself by allowing those images to flash through hid mind. "You're okay. You're home. Hey, hey, you're safe, Peter. You're both safe." May cuddled the boy in her arms like she'd done since he was a little boy. He sobbed into her shirt. Not that she minded. "It's alright, sweetie. Just let it all all out. Just you and me."

Y/n locked herself in her room after her parents both let out every they had been building up in the past days. She needed some time to think. She wondered what Peter was doing right now. He looked so sad before she left. He looked like he was on edge ever since she came back from her little chat with the others. Everything would be okay. She missed him though. He looked like he was going to drop to his knees and beg for her to stay with him. She had never seen him like that. A very small knock sounded on her bedroom door. Before Y/n could say anything, something was pushed underneath it through the small gap. Y/n stoof up and heard a pair of little feet wobble down the hallway. She bend down and picked up the piece of paper. It was a drawing of Morgan and her big sister. They were only stick figures. But Morgan really tried her best with the clothes and hair. They were holding hands in the drawing. Above it all - beside the sun that was drawn in the corner - read the words my hero is back! Y/n smiled at the piece of paper. "Thank you, Maguna." Y/n walked toward her desk and grabbed some tape so she could put it up on the wall. Another small tapping sound filled the quiet room. This time from the window. She turned and saw Peter. He crawled inside once she opened the window for him. "What are you doing here, Pete?" she asked him. "I'll sneak back in in the morning. I wanted to see you." his voice still didn't sound quite right but at least it was a bit better. "We're you crying? Baby, why are your eyes so red?" it was only now that he was standing in the light that she noticed it. "Could you come here please?" he choked out.
Y/n walks over to him. Peter picks her up and lifts her off the ground. She wraps her legs around his waist. Peter buries his head inside the crook of her neck. He resisted the urge to cry again with every bit of energy he had in his body. "I'm sorry. I just... I need to hold you." He said to her. He sounded on the edge of breaking. Y/n combs her hand through his curls. "That's okay, baby." She murmured to him. Peter walked toward her bed and sat down on the edge. Y/n felt like a koala bear, wrapped around him like this. "Just wanna hold you." He whispered. His grip around her tightened again and he could feel the tears starting to slip from his eyes again. "I'm sorry." he squeaked out in a high pitched, breaking voice. "I'm here. I'm here." she whispered to him in a soothing tone.

A/n: I hope you liked this chapter! I wanted it to be longer but I did not have time to write this week. I've been typing on my phone for a few hours now and just pressed the publish button as soon as I thought it was reasonable enough to publish. So, apologies for possible mistakes and a sloppy, rushed-out chapter. Hopefully, I will be able to find more time for the next one. I've been so busy lately it's hard to find the time. Hope you still enjoyed it and love you all!
-Jay25211🤗💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 1.1K 48
Natasha thought that they were in the clear; free to live as they pleased. Then Shield did some digging into Peter's past that turned her world upsid...
200K 5.4K 27
Possible! Peter Parker x Reader ~•~ After the Death of your mother, your father has been hiding his emotions behind a shield. Once you find out who w...
413K 11K 41
"Did you know" "Loki..." "DID YOU KNOW!!!" "yes....." "WHY.!....ARE YOU JUST LIKE FATHER!" "no... You're wrong, Loki..... I love you with all of my h...
1.1M 26.2K 33
"I just want to protect you," Peter told me. *slowburn* Y/N Stark is the daughter of Tony Stark. When she finally convinces him to go to a real schoo...