Broken Beads

Av Abha3006

Mistakes are a part of human growth, but some are unforgivable and life changing. Riya Varun met when dreams... Mer

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 14

315 60 5
Av Abha3006

Riya smiled at Arun who stood at her door step. ''Varun wouldn't like me visiting you in his absence.'' He said stepping in her apartment.

''He will have to change that.''  Riya replied locking the door behind them. She gestured Arun to sit. She bought them a coffee and took her seat opposite to him.

''Varun's father enjoys dominating people.'' Riya said. They had discovered messages from a confidential  numbers being delivered on daily basis. Arun had exchanged the phone and given Varun a new number and taken Varun's old one,  he had been making a note of all the message. ''What do you suggest?'' Arun asked.

''First, we make a proper complaint in cyber cell and figure out who is the owner of this number. We do all legally.''

''They are not some one ordinary.'' Arun remined about Devan family.

''And that is what we should you against them. All these years, I have understood one thing, a human's biggest power is their biggest weakness.''

Arun nodded. ''What should I do?''

''Is case you can, pls arrange a meeting between me and Vraun's mother.'' Arun thought. ''Fine, I will. I should leave before Varun comes back.''

''Arun, he is your friend. Why do say that every time.?''

''He is my friend, but you have no idea what you are for him. You are is hope and his biggest fear. I don't want him worried.''  Riya smiled. After Arun left , she  again went through the print outs of the messages Arun had go her. Her phone buzzed and she disconnected it. It was her uncle and she had expected her family to reach out, but she wasn't interested in mending any bonds. For now Varun was her priority.

Riya heard the click, she smiled. She knew the sound of Varun unlocking the door. ''Hi!'' She said softly pecking his cheek. Varun responded with a smile taking in all of her with deep affection in his eyes. ''How was you day?'' Riya asked.

Varun kissed her forehead,  ''awesome , because I knew I have you to come back to. ''Riya went on her toes placing her lips softly over his. Varun scooped her up making Riya squeak. She laughed as he swung her around as if she weighed nothing. Varun eyes froze on the 2 cups. ''Was someone here?'' Riya's mind was now back to being the professional.

''Do you trust me?'' She answered his question with hers.

''Riya, its not about trust. I fear for your safety.''

Riya cupped his cheek pecking the other one. ''I am no longer the same Riya. And Arun was here.'' He nodded trying to smile. 

''I will get the food ready.'' She said hopping back into the kitchen. Riya had left the cups intentionally in the room. She wanted to read more of his mind. Varun's expression gave away his insecurities and she decided to help him overcome his torrid emotions. ''Freshen up, I' ll arrange  dinner.'' Riya thought something, smiling she connected her playlist with the speaker and the house was filled songs composed by Varun. When he stepped out of his room, his lips stretched into a smile hearing his own voice echoing every corner. He moved towards he kitchen and found her dancing funnily as she went about heating the dinner.

Varun just smiled, ''What are you doing?'' He asked. Instead of answering, she moved to dancing on he music. Riya did a dramatic twirl falling into his arms. Varun blinked, ''watch out.''

She slapped her forehead, ''when a girl falls dramatically in a boys arms, they are suppose to have an eye lock, not warn her about being carful.'' She clicked her tongue in disappoint. Pushing him, Varun smiled pulled her close, he wrapped an arm around her waist, and linked the other with hers. He took a step forward and she took one back. Varun Riya coordinated as if they had been practicing for ages. The song moved from a slow to a fast one and their dance turned from romantic to a fun one. They hopped matched he steps, laughed and then jumped around like  kids laughing their hearts out. In that moment they were back to being the kids who fell in love with each other.

In their moments, they ignored the smoke from the kitchen and in that moment fire sprinklers went off in kitchen and main area. The couple shivered shocked as the cold water came down on them .After a min when it registered, they laughed. ''I think I burned our dinner.'' Riya said pressing her lips. Varun turned the sprinkler off while Riya started cleaning the kitchen . After hours the couple sat exhausted next to each other. ''I am hungry. Let's go out.'' Varun said

Riya smiled, this was the first time he had wanted to have dinner out of he house. Since they landed in India, Varun had been very cautious about her safety.  She understood his fear but this was an amazing change. ''I will be ready in 5.''

Riya happily ran to her room to got ready and just then she got Arun's message. ''Sat, 10 AM...at below address.'' Riya took a deep breath. If Senior Devan was playing the mind game with her Varun, she would start the same .

***

Lakshay and the other two sat in silence thinking about how they could turn things smooth for Varun and Riya. ''Riya is doing all to help Varun, but who will help her.'' Nirali voiced the thoughts. ''Her family is dangerous, for them honour comes first. If they get hands on her , they might...'

''Nothing of that sort will happen.'' Naman cure her off. ''We will be ready.''

''And how?'' Nirali asked. ''Naman, I know you want to help, all of us want that, but I am he firs hand witness of what happened that day when Riya's father dragged her home. It wasn't just words, by the time she left campus, she was barely able to walk. No one did a thing, not even the school authorities. Had they intervened  and agreed to help or just informed police. Things would have been different. The kind of man her father is, I am sure he will try and pretend that they are ready to accept them, but they won't. Riya wasn't ready to marry Shaan , she fought. But she eventually agreed to marry Shaan on her aunt's instance. That was the only way out of that hell. We could only re-connect once she was safe in London.''

Arun thought, ''Shaan...he can help. Also, her aunt. If honour matters so much, then we bring them down publicly, this will make them back off.''

''And how do you exactly plan to do this?'' Nirali asked.

Arun smiled turned into a grin. ''Leave that on me.'' 

''Boys, your show is house full.'' Amisha informed. Naman gave her a smiled that was different from what he had for others. Amisha lowered her eyes walking back into the room, pretending to talk call and Naman followed. Oblivious that others have been noticing them for days.

Nirali opened her moth but Lakshay stopped the flow of words, ''No...you will not try and chase another friend of mine. They are adults , let them do it their way.'' Nirali made a face, stomping she walked off as Lakshay sat rubbing his forehead.

''Her hormones are driving me crazy.'' Lakshay said.

''Hey, its okay. I like this new Nirali, she had been cooking some nice food.'' Lakshay jus gave his friend a flat stare

***

''Wow! This place looks rich.'' Riya said as she stepped into the lavish restaurant. Varun grabbed her hand in a firm grip walking her to their designated table in a VIP area. ''This place belongs to Naman, he has 5 of these all over India. The food is awesome.''

''So, we get the food for free.'' Riya asked smiling

Varun chuckled, ''for you , he will. For me, not in million years. Naman will make me do the dishes.'' That made her laugh too. 

Riya turned her eyes to towards the glass window, the night lights smiled back at her and the city looked alive. It had been years since she felt so alive. Her life in London included medical school, home and then back school. Post her degree, and her divorce, it meant clinic home and then clinic. 

''Have you started preparing?'' Varun asked

Riya made a face. ''Can we not talk about studies?''

''Riya, I am serious. The more delay results in things getting tougher for you. I don't want you to lose on something you have worked so hard for.'' Varun sounded worried. Riya placed her hand over his, ''I will make your proud. I promise.''

He smiled, they ordered food and chatted like old friends. Varun shared his adventures with the band. Which included getting mobbed and mauled by female fans making Riya a little upset.''

''We should get married, these girls should know he is taken.'' She said killing her food with the fork.

''They don't care. We are just a piece of meat they want to grab. But, I am all yours.'' She grinned wide.

After clearing the bill, as they stepped out, Varun got mobbed by few fans and Riya's hand started slipping of his. All wanted a piece of him and she could feel being pushed away Just when her hand was about to slip of his, he grip turned hard, He pushed through the crowd and pulled her close. ''You okay?''

Riya was speechless. This one thing healed her completely, he didn't let her go. Varun wrapped an strong arm around her pulling her to his chest. By that time, the security had arrived, they teared he crowd and helped them towards the vehicle.  Varun cupped her face, ''are you hurt.''

''No, I am awesome. I never felt this good.'' He nodded taking the wheel. As Varun drove towards their adobe, Riya had her eyes fixed on his hand holding hers in a tight grip. ''You need both hands to drive.''

''You are safe love.'' He replied with confidence

Riya leaned on the headrest, closing her eyes. She had dreamt of these moments since she fell in love with Varun. May be even after they were apart. She took a deep breath of contentment. Her life looked beautiful.

***

''How do we get in touch with her? She has been declining all our calls.'' Riya's father let out a frustrating grunt. He had always maintained an image of a family man whose Values stood strong and now, he was being mocked by extended family who he had been berating about their kids and way of upbringing. 

''We should go and meet her in person.'' Her mother said

''She is now with Varun, he and his friends are celebrities. We just can't act rashly.''  Her father's words came after a thought.

''But she is living with him , she is nit even married to him. We don't have a face to show around.'' Riya's uncle's voice came irritated.

Her father shut his eyes tight. People who had been working for him had been mocking behind his back. So much for being the man of values.

''Think of something and get her here, after that leave on me.'' They had done this before, and no one knew of it. But they weren't aware if Riya was working towards eliminating all that could harm Varun. He had decided o bring justice to the girl he loved so dearly.

Then there was his friends whom Varun called his real family. They were prepared as well. This time, nothing could go wrong.

__________________________________________________________________________

Nirali looked around with a smile on her lips. It felt like walking down the memory lane visiting her school after so long. ''Hello, the dean is ready to see you.''

Nirali smiled, it was time dig some graves.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

26.7K 1.7K 47
Moments; singular, siphoned, like grains of sand which fall restlessly, and build without limits...growing with increasing momentum, each step, beat...
20.3K 1.4K 37
A love story started while healing eachother.Naksh and Tanishi two broken souls started to rely on one another for everything.The love they craved fo...
5.7K 313 24
Riky a lonely broken soul is set to attend the wedding of her Ex with her once best friend ... but life has different plans for her and she meets a s...
3.8K 339 10
"I won't promise you the moon and stars, but I promise you an eternity filled with love" It was the moment a heart chose to fall for its beloved...