𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑. paul lahote ✓

By -bronwyn

╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩... More

𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

8.8K 354 20
By -bronwyn

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

SMOKE N MIRRORS

AUGUSTINE WANTED PEACE, AND SHE HAD FINALLY GOT IT WHEN SHE SAW A LACK OF WOLF SHIFTER PRESENT AT THE CREEK.

Come to think of it, she hadn't recalled a time where she wasn't actively being watched by a wolf from the opposite side of the creek. There was always a looming presence around, sometimes it would hide as though she couldn't literally hear its inhumane breaths and rumbles.

But not that day. It was her first time back to the spot in the woods that she claimed was hers ever since she found out that someone up above paired her with an aggressive dog. She couldn't face the humiliation or belittlement any more, so she stayed her distance like that man wanted. Only, in seeking an escape, solitude, from the events unfolding at the Cullen residence, her feet led her to the creek.

Picking out a tree, she plopped herself onto the dirty ground and pushed her back against the spruce wood. She pointedly did not look beyond the creek that belonged to the shifters, rather choosing to focus on the ground around her.

Augustine never thought she would tire of her supernatural senses, mostly because she couldn't think of ever not having them at her disposal. She watched as a colony of insects migrated towards the creek, watched the grains of dirt fall from her fingertips as she picked up a clump, and held back from sticking her entire palm into the rough earth.

Still, she fidgeted with a small stone she reached for beside her and envisioned what she had planned for the evening. If all went well at the house, if Bella surpassed everyone's judgment (and by everyone, she meant Rosalie), Augustine wished for a celebratory puzzle-building night between her and the confines of her bedroom.

First, she had to write her weekly letter to the Denalis. Her letters had gotten shorter as of late as she grew tired of answering their questions about the whole mate ordeal — an ordeal which Carlisle told them about before she even got the chance to put ink on a page to send to Alaska. Carmen especially wanted to know everything and anything about the wolf, which made Augustine want to write about literally anything else. It was clear the others hated wolves, what with being natural born enemies and such, but Carmen couldn't help it; finding your mate was always exciting news.

Except, it filled the younger girl with anything but excitement just thinking back on that day.

Most of her recent letters consisted of, 'how's the weather up there, guys' as if the cold weather was gruesome to them and, 'has Kate electrocuted anyone lately' as if the blonde vampire was going around doing so as a mere hobby.

Augustine found herself snapping from a  daydream as she heard a soft clicking sound. Turning to the rock she was spinning around in her palm, she realized that it was in fact not a rock— instead, a plain looking black pen was within her palm and it seemed as though the noise had come from its cap flicking off.

Her eyebrows furrowed, amber eyes nervously searching for the rock that she was sure was in her hand. She sure as hell hadn't brought a pen to the woods, and she dropped it from her grasp as though it burned her. She hoped that if she blinked, it would magically turn back to the rock she just had, but to no avail.

As she stared at the pen that was laying before her, its cap disguised underneath some fallen tree leaves, the sound of gravel crunching rang out.

The ravenette's gaze jolted to the other side of the creek, a boy staring back at her with a distrusting gaze of his own. He couldn't have been more than two years older than her, and was definitely not the burly man she'd spoke to the last time she was here. At least this one was wearing a shirt.

And based on the way she immediately caught his scent, evergreen and immensely woodsy, she immediately knew that she was looking at the shifter who'd been fated to her.

The speed at which she stood upright was like lightning, the mystery of the pen gone out the window as the two engaged in what appeared to be a staring contest. Augustine had to hold back a smirk at that observation, given that she knew she would win based on the sheer fact that vampires didn't need to blink. It was child's play, really.

But wolves? Well, it's no doubt he caved in first by blinking rapidly, his chest heaving only slightly. "I thought Sam told you to get lost, leech," the boy barked out, his hands balled into fists at his sides.

Leech. Yeah, Augustine's undead heart seemed to clench and boil simultaneously at the nickname he bestowed upon her. It was one thing to deny the bond that was evidently there, but it was another to be an asshole about it — to be an asshole to her.

Oh, she hated him.

Augustine's lip curled back, crossing her arms over her chest and mentally jotted down the name for the man she met last time. "Am I breaking any rules right now?" she asked rhetorically, stomping her foot twice onto the ground before adding, "once again, nope, didn't think so dog."

The boy scowled right back at her, his forehead creasing angrily and Augustine's face shifted into one of smugness. Gotcha.

"You haven't come back in weeks, why now? Are you planning something?" He was quizzing her, now. Searching for a reason as to why she kept returning, searching for a hint that would unveil a super secret plan to destroy the treaty.

Augustine couldn't stop the laugh that bubbled out of her. Smacking a hand over her mouth, ignoring the way the boy's shoulders seemed to deflate for a moment, she put a hand on her hip. "What, you're stalking me now?" she asked with a scoff of disbelief. "That's fan behaviour at its finest, wolfy!" The boy growled lowly at that, and for a second the girl thought he was about to outright shift or something right in front of her based on the rapid rise and fall of his chest.

She took a tentative step away from where she'd subconsciously approached the edge, guessing he really did not like that nickname. But, if life in Alaska taught Augustine anything, it was that sometimes you needed to fight fire with fire; and this was most certainly one of those times.

"Do you have an innate ability to piss people off, or is it something you practice in the mirror?" he quipped fiercely, tone mixed with distinct amounts of irritation and anger. "Can bloodsuckers like you even use mirrors?"

Low blow, dude. Augustine couldn't back down now, far too committed to be the last one standing. "I may be annoying, but at least I'm not an unoriginal, crawls around on all fours, simple-minded douchebag!" she retaliated, watching his nose twitch funnily. "And I use my mirror every day, thank you very much... but you obviously don't, though."

She watched the brunet take a large step forward, her eyes widening a fraction as it looked like he was about to surge forward. The expanse of the creek was not small, but if he shifted, it was a distance he could make easily if he ignored the treaty rules. And to be honest, it certainly looked like he was about to throw caution to the wind.

"Paul!"

Both their heads snapped to the sound of another voice approaching, the boy's steps faltering backward as he gave his full attention to the newcomer. Though, it wasn't really a newcomer; it was that man from last time— the Alpha, Sam.

It looked like he was summoning the boy away from the scene, convincing him that he had other duties elsewhere, while that name echoed in her mind. Paul. Paul.

Paul spared her a final, albeit heated, glance before jogging off with Sam. It was the kind of look that screamed this isn't over. The Alpha only nodded in acknowledgement as he made eye contact with Augustine, and the younger girl felt herself nodding back almost timidly as she watched them leave.

Well, at least she had something interesting to write about in her letter to the Denalis.

And if she spent three-quarters of the page writing about the chisel of his jaw or the darkness of his brown eyes? That was her business and hers alone.

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

[ wyn's note ]

ahhhhhh! like i said, very enemies to lovers (but can you guess who might fall first and who might fall harder??)! personally i think they're both fans of each other, but that's pretty disguised beneath the loathing lmaooo

till next time! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 5.9K 39
In which the twin of Isabella Swan has her dreams come true. Paul Lahote x Fem!OC
1.2M 37K 35
"𝔰𝔥𝔢𝔰 𝔞 𝔟𝔞𝔡𝔞𝔰𝔰 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞 𝔟𝔦𝔤 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱." In which paul lahote meets his match !!!! I wrote this 5 years ago and i think my charact...
14.8K 634 12
𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 ❛i never stopped thinking about you.. about us❜ Paul lahote 𝐱 oc The twilight saga During...
455K 12.1K 27
Elizabeth Scott was an enigma and Paul Lahote was mesmerized by her existence. • There's a trailer video for the book that I made in the preface chap...