MOONLIT FATES

Por prufrock02

Two mates from two different timeline. She was sent to the past with a mission. "Remember! There will be a wa... Más

Prologue
Chapter-1
chapter - 2
Chapter -3
chapter -4
Chapter -5
Chapter-6
Chapter -7
Chapter-9

Chapter-8

2 1 0
Por prufrock02

As Amelia lay resting in her new chamber, the soft sound of a gentle knock at the door roused her from her thoughts. With a curious glance, she called out for the visitor to enter, "Please,come in."

The door creaked open, revealing a young girl with kind eyes and a warm smile. Dressed in a simple gown.

"Good evening, Miss," the girl greeted Amelia with a respectful bow. "My name is Lily, and I have been appointed as your handmaid by the royal court. It is an honor to serve you."

Amelia returned the girl's smile.  "Thank you, Lily. My name is Amelia," she replied with a nod. "I appreciate your assistance."

"Miss Amelia," Lily began softly, "General Cassius's mate is awake and wishes to meet you."

Amelia's eyes widened with surprise at the news,  "Thank you, Lily," she replied, her voice tinged with curiosity. "I would be honored to meet her."

With a nod of acknowledgment, Lily turned to lead Amelia to the quarters of the general's mate, her gentle presence a reassuring guide through the labyrinthine corridors of the palace.

As they made their way through the winding halls, Amelia's mind buzzed with questions and anticipation. "Have you met general's mate , Lily?"
"Aye. Miss Ela is very humble. Everyone likes her ."
"How long you have been working here? If you don't mind me asking. "
" It's okay Miss. You can ask me anything, I will try to answer with my little knowledge. And I have been working here since I was a child. My mother also works here. "
" Oh really! That's nice. Do you like it here? "
" Aye.. very much. His highness is very kind to us. "
" He is..? "
" Aye. "

Well.. that was not what Amelia had expected. King Aldric was known for his cruelty. Even the old book had described him as a cruel king. Maybe Lily was told to not say anything bad about him. Or maybe she was afraid of him.

As Amelia entered the general's chamber, she was greeted by a heartwarming scene—the general standing by his mate's side, their hands clasped together in a silent display of love and devotion. The tender exchange between them spoke volumes, their eyes shining with a shared understanding that transcended words.

With a warm smile, the general's mate beckoned Amelia to join them, her voice filled with warmth and kindness. "Please, come in," she invited, her gaze softening as she welcomed the healer into their midst.

Amelia stepped forward hesitantly, "Thank you for inviting me," Amelia murmured, her voice tinged with emotion as she took a seat beside them. The general's mate, sensing the weight of the moment, extended a hand in greeting, her voice gentle yet filled with warmth. "I am pleased to meet you, Miss Amelia," she said, her eyes crinkling with a smile. "My name is Ela, and it is a pleasure to welcome you into our home."
" Pleasure is all mine. " Amelia returned the smile.

As they settled into conversation, the atmosphere in the room grew somber, the weight of Ela's condition casting a shadow over their gathering. Despite her best efforts to maintain a brave facade, the weariness etched into Ela's features were evident.

Ela offered a weary smile, her hand instinctively moving to cradle her swollen belly. "It has been a difficult pregnancy, filled with complications and uncertainty. With the increasing rate of miscarriage.. I am scared."

As Ela spoke, the general's expression softened with concern, his gaze never leaving his mate's face. "We have sought the best medical care available," he added, his voice tinged with frustration. "But thus far, we have been unable to find a solution to her ailments."

"I would be honored to assist in any way I can," Amelia offered, her voice steady with determination. "Perhaps together, we can find a solution to your ailments and ease your suffering."

" Can I touch your belly?"
Ela nodded with a deep breath.

As Amelia tenderly placed her hand upon Ela's swollen belly, a sense of warmth and comfort enveloped them both, creating a cocoon of tranquility. With each gentle caress, Ela felt the tension melt away from her body, replaced by a profound sense of peace and serenity.

Amelia's touch was like a soothing balm to Ela's weary soul, her presence a source of strength and solace in her time of need. With each whispered word of encouragement, Amelia guided Ela through a series of deep breaths.

"Are you currently consuming any herb?"
Ela looked at her alarmed. "A-aye.. w-why? Is my child okay?"
"No worries. Your child is fine. But you need to stop consuming them. I think your child is finding it hard to adjust."
"What do I do? How can I make it right?" Ela looked almost in tears. General Cassius caressed her hair. "Calm down, my sweetheart. Miss Amelia is here to help you." The general also looked very scared and worried for his mate. But he concealed it with a hard mask. Though it was evident that he was worried for his mate and child, it frustrated him that he couldn't help them. He was known for being one of the strongest warrior but here he was very helpless, when he wanted to help them the most.

"Worry not Miss Ela. It is not good for the baby. I'm here now. We will do everything to make the baby and you feel better." Amelia said with a gentle smile.
Ela looked at her with hope. "You promise?"
"Absolutely!! You should think about your baby, choose a name, make plans. Even you can sew baby clothes!!"

For the first time there was a full blown smile on Ela's face. She even giggled thinking about the future with her small family. General Cassius nodded at Amelia in gratitude.

As Amelia gently inquired about Ela's daily routine and future plans with the baby, a sense of warmth and camaraderie filled the room, banishing the shadows of worry that had lingered in the corners of their minds. With each question, Amelia guided Ela through a series of thoughts and dreams, helping her to envision a future filled with hope and possibility.

Throughout their conversation, General Cassius watched carefully from the sidelines, his keen eyes betraying a sense of protectiveness and concern for both Ela and the unborn child. Though his stoic demeanor remained unchanged, Amelia could sense the depth of his emotions beneath the surface.

As the evening wore on, the weight of exhaustion began to take its toll on both Ela and Amelia, their bodies weary from the trials of the day. With a soft sigh, Ela's eyelids grew heavy, her breathing slowing as she drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

Amelia, too, felt the weight of exhaustion pressing down upon her, as if the unborn child had sucked the very energy from her body. With a gentle smile, she tucked Ela in with a soft blanket, her heart heavy with concern yet glad by the knowledge that she had brought some measure of comfort to her friend in her time of need.

With a gentle yet firm tone, General Cassius addressed Amelia, "Miss Amelia," he began, his eyes meeting hers with a steady gaze, "we will have a conversation in the morning to discuss Ela's condition further."

Amelia nodded in understanding, her expression mirroring the general's seriousness. "Of course, General," she replied softly, her voice filled with respect for his position and his concern for Ela's well-being.

Turning to Lily, General Cassius politely asked her to guide Amelia to her chamber, "Lily, please escort Miss Amelia back to her chamber and ensure she gets the rest she needs. It has been a long day for her."

Lily nodded in acknowledgement, she moved to assist Amelia. "Right away, General," she replied.

As they made their way out of the room, Amelia cast one last glance back at Ela, her heart heavy with concern for her friend.

As the royal Alpha stood outside Amelia's chamber, a sense of unease gnawed at his conscience. He knew that entering her room without permission was a breach of trust and an invasion of her privacy, yet he found himself unable to resist the pull.

With a heavy heart and a sense of uncertainty, the Alpha pushed open the door and stepped into the dimly lit chamber. The soft glow of candlelight cast shadows across the room, illuminating the peaceful figure of Amelia as she slept soundly in her bed.

For a moment, the Alpha stood frozen in place, his gaze fixed upon Amelia's serene form. She looked so peaceful, so innocent in her slumber, like an angel descended from the heavens above. Her soothing scent engulfed him.

As he watched her sleep, a wave of conflicting emotions washed over the Alpha—a mixture of guilt and longing, desire and uncertainty. He knew that he had no right to be here, no right to intrude upon her private sanctuary. And yet, he couldn't bring himself to leave.

With a heavy sigh, the Alpha approached Amelia's bedside, his movements slow and cautious. He sat on a chair beside her bed. He reached out a trembling hand to brush a stray lock of hair from her forehead, his touch gentle yet tinged with a sense of longing.

There you are, my little mate. Looking so beautiful! I have been dreaming of you for decades. Oh how much I have been wishing for you! Now you are here my love....

As the Alpha sat alone in the quiet darkness of the night, his mind plagued by doubts and uncertainties, a sense of profound sadness washed over him. How could he, a man with a past stained by violence and brutality, be blessed with the presence of such a beautiful and compassionate soul as Amelia?

For too long, he had allowed himself to be defined by the sins of his past, the weight of his actions bearing down upon him like a heavy burden. He had committed unspeakable acts in the name of power and dominance, not thinking about the consequences they would bring.

And yet, despite his all wrong doings, fate had seen fit to bestow upon him the greatest gift of all—a mate, a companion to share his burdens, to stand by his side through the thick and thin of life.

Another disturbing thought was running in his mind. He didn't know how he will confront her about him being her mate. Humans didn't have mates. So It will confuse her. She will get overwhelmed. Maybe she will reject him! NO! No.. no.... no..

He couldn't live without her anymore. Now that he was given a chance, a chance to live. He couldn't loose her at any cost . He was cursed to not have a mate. And he had accepted his punishment, believed that he would have to live this cursed life for eternity, as he couldn't die. But then fate gifted him with a beautiful mate. A tiny human mate. Now he couldn't think of a life without her.

How would Amelia react upon learning the truth? Would she recoil in horror at the revelation, repulsed by the idea of being bound to a man with such a dark and troubled past? Or would she embrace their connection with open arms, seeing beyond the shadows of his history to the potential for redemption and growth that lay within him?

All he could do was lay down his head on the table beside her bed and watched his little ball of sunshine sleeping peacefully.

——————————————————
Phew... That's the longest chapter I have ever written.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

221K 9K 40
"I want you." With a touch as light as a feather, Cillian hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face. "Look at me." Slowly...
4.1M 126K 62
Once there was a girl, daughter of an Alpha, who happened to face consequences of the things she had no control over. How? By being ostracized from...
53.6K 2.5K 18
*18+ Sexual/Violence Content Warning - Read At Own Discretion* A vicious smile touches his lips as he seems to read my intentions. "I knew it w...
604K 13.8K 52
Meet Liam Being an Alpha he has waited for his mate for a very long time and on top of that he is a CEO of Eirmon company and he has lost all his...