Hidden Titles

By Aeroh_luck

Ellie Moon is the prodigy child of the world's most renowned detectives. She has helped crack supernatural c... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 24

20 2 0
By Aeroh_luck

Ellie's POV

Later that day I texted Megan and told her to meet me and Liz at my dorm, letting her know that we found out more information related to the events around us. She said would be here at 5pm. 

The clock reading 4:58.

I sighed, looking over at the book sitting on my table. Liz and I had been reading and doing our best to decipher a lot of the ancient language written inside. 

To say that Felix was more than happy to help would be an understatement-

'Yes, we named the book don't judge us' plus he seemed to really like the name.

Of course, you can probably guess that Liz made fun of me for that too because it reminded her of the movie Wreck it Ralph and how there's that little guy in there named "Fix it Felix" which just seemed to be our exact situation.

The irony of everything today really amazed me. 

A sudden knock at the door snapped me out of my thoughts, knowing that it was Megan on the other side.

Opening the door, I came face to face with Megan and her cousin Angie.

"Ahh the famous Ellie Moon! Today is just full of surprises aren't they Meg?" Angie said, seeming as if she was challenging Megan.

"Ugh Angie, I get it, yes I'm dating her now can you please just drop it for now?"

I instantly gave Megan a questioning look indirectly asking her what happened.

She just shook her head as if to say 'not right now' which I understood.

Instead, I welcomed them both in and motioned them towards the table.

"Pleasure to meet you, Angie." I said extending my hand to the woman who looked very similar to Megan. She had the same emerald eyes, but instead of her hair being dark it was a bright blonde.

"Right back at you sweetie, glad to finally see your face outside of the pantry." She said, winking at me and turning her attention over to Liz. 

I saw Megan just roll her eyes as she followed Angie over to where Liz was sitting.

"We've been trying our best to decipher everything but so far it hasn't been all that easy." I said, motioning to all of the scattered books and papers on the table.

"Why does your friend look like she's possessed?" Angie questioned, seeing as Liz hadn't responded to anyone.

"It's a family gift she has, she's a part of the fox's researching industries, so she's scanning everything from the book using her magic... Think of it as a type of human usb." I said, seeing the impressed look on both Megan and Angie's faces.

"Wow those guys really are impressive aren't they."

Nodding I motioned them to sit down while showing Megan one of the papers.

"We were able to find this." I said, pointing at the sheets of paper.

"It talks here about there being a mark that glows once lovers have created a bond with the other. Apparently, it expands as the pair's feelings grow." I said, giving Megan a knowing look.

She stared at me in amazement before looking back down at the sheets of paper.

"It also says here how if either one of the pair dies, then both of them will die together." I continued, giving Megan a concerned look.

"Kind of sounds like Romeo and Juliet don't ya think?" Angie said, making Megan give her a quizzical look.

We continued going through the papers for a while until I eventually pulled Megan aside to tell her about the so-called prophecy in my dream.

I also was finally able to explain to her about my dream regarding her parents months back as well, and how I had no idea that they were her parents until recently.

As for the prophecy we still didn't know much yet other than that it had to do with both Megan and I.

Hopefully Liz would snap out of her "usb mode" soon so that we could start trying to decipher that too.

A couple hours later Liz was finally able to memorize the whole book and we were able to learn that this vampire dude or whatever used to be a very evil ruler back in the day. 

He would kill and "turn" people all the time granting those that followed him the powers or darkness to help aid in his plan to quote "rule the world". 

Classic I know.

Anyways with that we also found a part in the story where it talked about him eventually coming face to face with the goddess of light after he had over taken the world in complete darkness and how this goddess had used her power of creation to stop his reign and trap him in a very powerful barrier spell, where he was eventually locked in this warded tomb never to be seen again.

"What is this here talking about 'the blood of life'?" Megan says, pointing to one of the pages.

By now Angie had fallen asleep on the couch saying something about how if we wanted to "LARP" that badly then we should just let someone else host it for us since it seemed like way too much work.

As for Megan, Liz and I, we just pretended that was what we were planning, while really, we were still doing our best to place together more of the prophecy.

"It says here that the blood of life is something that only runs in a chosen bloodline. But it's only given to one person of that bloodline ever 5000 years." Liz said, showing the notes she had written down.

If you were to tell me years ago that Liz and I would voluntarily be doing a whole project about the undead together I would have laughed and told you that you were crazy.

"5000 years is a long time, and who's to even say that there is someone like that now?" Megan said, seeming more skeptical about the whole thing.

I just shrugged in deep thought wondering what this could mean going forward.

The lady in my dream... who was she?

"You don't suppose that the lady in my dream could have been this goddess, do you?" I questioned, watching as both my girlfriend and best friend turned to give me concerning looks.

"And considering the timing of everything too... do you think that we've reached 5000 years by now since this story in the book?" I asked, scared of the truth that would be coming if that was the case. 

But that still wouldn't tell us why there needed to be two people for this prophecy...

Both Megan and I.

"There is another book..." the book of relics or well Felix suddenly said.

"Holy crap the book really can talk?!" Megan's voice piped up next to me, a look of pure shock written on her face.

"Yes, yes child now listen." Felix sighed, seeming impatient.

It was pretty comical to be honest, he reminded me of those old men you would hear stories about whenever they would yell at those kids saying something like 'You old whipper snappers get off my lawn!' while they pointed their canes in the air at the kids running off and laughing. 

"I have a twin brother; they call him The Book of Blood and I wouldn't be surprised if he has been playing a role in this whole thing. Especially considering this prophecy... And unfortunately, I'm only able to know but half of the whole prophecy, He must have the other half." Felix admitted, all of us gave him and 'are you kidding me' type of look.

"How would we find your brother then?" Liz said, understandably annoyed by this information. 

"I wish I had the answer to that...All I do know is the last time I heard anything about his whereabouts was when he was last seen in ancient Egypt." Felix stated, making me instantly sigh.

Great.

"Of course, that would make so much sense! My family has been searching the tombs there for decades." Liz admitted, making both Megan and I look at each other.

"That... Those tombs are known to be incredibly dangerous to the point where the gifted aren't able to use any magic going into them..." Megan said, looking very concerned over what that could mean for us going forward.

"I'm still a teacher you know... I can't say I'm at all okay with either of you attempting to go to these tombs either." Megan admitted, suddenly seeming very against this whole thing.

I looked over at her and gave her a reassuring smile, understanding why she was feeling the way she was.

"Look, Megan, with all due respect we really don't have much of a choice, especially if this has something to do with the both of you." Liz said, pointing between both Megan and I.

"It's either, we go and explore these tombs and find 'The Book of Blood' - or we let the world crash and burn alongside the both of you with this stupid prophecy."

I knew that Liz had a point, and I knew that Megan could feel the truth in her words too.

"I know, I know! It's just... I couldn't stand anything happening to either one of you!" Megan shouted, quickly losing her patience.

"Babe, calm down." I started, putting my arms around Megan's waist and embracing her in my hold.

"I get it, I understand how you feel, I really do... But think about how I feel too, I want to protect you just as much." I admitted, seeing her begin to calm down a little bit.

"I can't just sit here and stand by knowing that your parents are after you and supposedly looking to kill me too." I said pausing to look at her, showing her just how serious I was.

"If there is something I can do in order to stop all of this and protect you, then I won't hesitate to do it." I confessed, watching as Megan's face softened at my words, understanding showed on her face as she looked at me.

"Okay..." Megan said, holding her hand up to my cheek.

"But the least I can do is continue to try and help you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 68 19
Emily thinks she is an average teenager but she is unaware of the fact that she belongs to a rare bloodline of midnights; the most powerful wizards o...
495K 11.1K 56
Peyton Carter, shy 18 year old just so happens to fall in love with a teacher who's known as an ice queen and a cold hearted bitch Emily Davis, 27 sh...
453K 27.5K 66
"You just love getting yourself into trouble, don't you?" Moonwitches, the rarest and most powerful beings in the entire universe. They are favored b...
209K 5.7K 31
Logan is a 17 year old who just started her senior year with her best friend Camren. The teachers see Logan as a class clown and trouble maker, the b...