The Ghost of Aincrad(The Spar...

By JJHM2004

The side story of my other book "The Ghost of Aincrad" More

Chained
Struggles
Unchained

Perseverance

67 4 0
By JJHM2004

As Kratos looked upon the ring, he realized all he needs to do was fight the the forces that gnawed his mind. His thoughts now clear. The warrior turned his rage to the remaining hunters against them.

Kratos kept his way through the dungeon. After an hour he found a man mumbling to himself inside what seemed like a cell.

The man then noticed Kratos.

Man: You're the warrior that Zero talked about, aren't you? Definitely need to get this down. 

He said while writing on a notebook.

Kratos: What do you know of that man?

Man: I know he paid for what he's done. I know he doesn't kill directly, but rather watches the target and reports. Those three found this dungeon a while ago, I'm the first they put here. I've been keeping a record. Zero was forced here, too. He was offered a deal, the same they did me once. Unlike me, he took it. And so was released from here. They somewhat liked him, even treated him with respect. Fair. Harsh, but fair.

Kratos: That is no reason to betray your own.

Man: Betrayed his own... Sounds familiar. But he did because of you.

Kratos: I did not ask for his help.

Man: But you received it, nonetheless. Didn't you, warrior? This will make a wonderful addition to the record.

He looked at the man for a moment before sighing and continued his way.

After half an hour, he found himself on a hallway where he saw a woman with a hood.

???: So you killed, Kira, huh? What a shame. No matter. Seems he was right, the only way to take you is by force!

She said as a  bird monster made of energy appeared behind her before flying towards Kratos.

Kratos was able to stop it with his bare hands before rolling with the bird. The bird then bit on Kratos' left arm before slamming him against the wall. Kratos looked at the monster's chest before gripping it as he began to pull on it. After a few moments, the bird started flying back to the woman as Kratos jumped off it as he pulled what looked like an orange stone from the bird. The bird then flew back to the woman.

???: It matters not if you have Zero's toy. It is YOUR heart that will betray you.

She said before using a teleport crystal.

Kratos stared at the stone. He knew he was close. Close to a time when delusion would have no power over him. Close to the defeat of his captors. And finally, close to the freedom he's desperately fighting for.

*Two weeks ago*

It was night time as Kratos was walking in the ruins of a town covered in mist.

???: Hello there.

He saw a figure come out of the mist as he saw it was Kira. 

Kratos quickly drew his weapons as Kira did the same.

The two charged at each other as Kira swung his scythe at Kratos who was able to roll beneath it before swinging his blades as Kira was barely able to block them but was still pushed back a bit.

Kira threw various knives at Kratos who was able to roll out of their way before charging at him. Kratos jumped at him and swung the blades as Kira was able to step back from the attack before the two began exchanging attacks. Kratos parried one of the Kira's attacks before stabbing his blades on his chest and threw him towards a wall.

Kratos quickly sheathed his blades punched Kira in the stomach before grabbing his face and slammed him to wall before throwing him to the floor as he dropped his scythe. Kratos then drew his right blade as he tried to stab Kira, but Kira was able to stop his arm before grabbing Kratos by the neck and started to lift him.

Kratos then pulled his arm back before hacking Kira's arm that was holding his neck until he cut it off.

Kira: You bastard!

Suddenly, a magic bird struck Kratos to the ground but he quickly stood up and saw the hooded woman as well.

The magic beast grabbed Kratos with it's peak before slamming Kratos to a wall, where Kratos was able to break free before swinging his blades at it and slashed it multiple times. Kratos then jumped to it and stabbed one of his blades to as they fell to the ground and Kratos rolled off of it.

???: Come, my lovely. If pain is what he shows us, then pain is what he shall receive!

She flew on her bird as it began to fire energy blasts at Kratos who could only dodge them and step away from their reach.

He threw one of the blades at it, but the bird simply flew away from it's reach.

Kratos grunted as he kept dodging the beast's attacks.

Kratos ran to a wall before throwing his right blade at the roof where it stabbed itself before pulling himself to it. The beast tried to charge at Kratos, but as soon as it was close, Kratos jumped at it before stabbing his blades on it as it caused the beast to fall to the ground.

As the woman fell to her knees, Kratos quickly grabbed her head and drew his right blade, ready to cut off her head.

Kira: I have you now!

Kira yelled as he jumped at Kratos and swung his scythe with his remaining arm, but Kratos was able to to block, though was still pushed a bit back.

???: Well... I guess we'll have to do this together.

Kira swung his scythe as a heavy blow, as Kratos blocked it, but is still broke his guard, and the bird was able to grab Kratos before throwing him to Kira as he was able to stab Kratos before slamming him to the floor.

Kratos pushed the scythe from his body before rolling out of an energy blast caused by the bird.

The bird kept firing its energy attacks at Kratos who could barely dodge them as he had to defend himself from Kira's attacks.

He then saw the hooded woman charge at him with a dagger before he blocked her attack and kicked her against the wall as she fell to her knees.

The bird charged at him as he was able to roll of of the wat before throwing his blades at it before throwing it away.

He then saw Kira charging at him before redirecting his attack and stabbed him on the stomach before kicking him to the ground as he fell to his knees.

As his two enemies were on their knees, Kratos quickly grabbed the woman before striking her head with his knee. As he approached her, she summoned her beast as it pushed Kratos back.

Kira then used the beast to jump from it towards Kratos, but he was able to deflect the attack before stabbing his blades in Kira and threw him against the beast before throwing him away from them.

He then stood in front of the woman before grabbing her and threw her against a wall.

The bird appeared behind her as it tried to take her away, but Kratos threw his blades at before slamming them back on the ground. Kratos sheathed his blades before grabbing the woman began to slam her multiple times against the wall before kicking her on the face. He grabbed her again as he was about to throw her against a spike, but suddenly he heard a new voice.

???: Enough!

He saw from the mist a black goo flying at him, and as soon as it struck him, a black slime forced him to his knees unable to move.

He then saw another woman come out of the mist.

???2: It is time Kratos. Join your rightful place. Perhaps if you serve well, you might even be a captain one day.

Kratos: I will never serve PoH.

He then saw the other two stand next to the woman.

???2: Your methods failed us, Kira. I will take care of him.

She then walked to Kratos.

???2: You will come with us.

Kratos: Death first!

They then see someone holding Kratos' shoulder and saw it was Zero.

Zero: I should've done this a long time ago.

???2: Zero? This is what you align with, Kratos?

Zero: This time you will fail.

He said before the two of them disappeared.

???2: You pathetic weakling...! Find them!

Meanwhile, Kratos and Zero appeared inside a dungeon.

Zero: You will never reach the Eyes now that they know you are after them.

He then handed Kratos an orange stone.

Zero: This power works similar to a teleport crystal, but it can help you with more accurate locations. Even within the same area. Beware though, doesn't have many uses left.

Kratos: And what will happen to you?

Zero: If you do not succeed, my fate is sealed regardless. Let me tell you a bit about them first. Kira is the best when it comes to close combat. But I'm sure you've already noticed that. Shin is the one with the beast. She is not much of a fighter but her beast is what makes her dangerous. Lastly... Mara. She is the leader of the three. She is not as skilled as Kira is in fighting, but that doesn't make her defenseless, you've already experienced it. Those slime bombs, if she gets you with that it's done. That's why you will need this stone. Beware of Mara and Shin, a while ago, they obtained an item that allows them to change appearances.

Kratos nodded and then took the stone.

Zero: Continue deeper into the dungeon. It's filled with dangers, but I'm sure you'll manage.

He said before disappearing.

*Time skip*

Kratos stood in front of a cage that was guarding a white visor.

He then heard Zero behind him.

Zero: Not much further now, Kratos. Inside there are the Eyes of Truth. They have multiple uses, but I'm sure you'll find it more suitable in combat. I shall keep watch.

Kratos had to solve some puzzles and kill some monsters for a while.

After some time Kratos solved it.

Kratos looked at the cage opening, but he then saw the three hooded players with Zero on his knees while tied up.

Zero: I'm sorry, Kratos. When I learned that they were close, I came to warn you...

Suddenly, Kira kicked him to the ground before Shin grabbed him by the head.

Shin: We'll deal with you later.

Mara: All this this effort and you still fail?

She said while holding the Eyes of Truth.

Kratos charged at her as she threw a slime bomb at him and restrained him. But he used the stone to transport himself in front before charging at them again.

Shin summoned her bird before it flew to Kratos and snatched the stone from him, and Mara quickly used another slime bomb on him.

Mara: Let us go. All we have to do is break his spirit.

*Time skip*

Kratos was inside a dungeon on a pillar surrounded by a dark space beneath him. The pillar was connected with a path towards an entrance, as he was shirtless and the rest of his red mark was visible across his body, he was only wearing a belt with a red war belt, a pair of bracers and boots. He was on his knees as there was a an object that restrained his neck attached with chains to the ground. His arms were also restrained as the Blades of Chaos were attached to the walls.

Kratos: Never. Never again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 45.4K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
250K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
572K 24K 51
"I should've been your protection." * * * It's starts with a wedding. Tyler's band is playing at the wedding of Maggie's sister. The blue haire...
681K 33.7K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...