The Best Days - c.h

Av daywefellinlove

& that’s the saddest part, one falls & the other doesn’t catch. Mer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
heyyyyy...whoops
oops still
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 6

618 20 9
Av daywefellinlove

"No. It would be tragic."

Ava's P.O.V

"So are you roomies ready for a night out?" Ashton asked Michael & I as we were all in our room trying to decide what to wear for our first night out in Perth.

"Duh." Michael answered. I just nodded.

"I'm going to take a shower." Ashton said as he left the room.

"Michael." I sighed.

"Ava." He imitated.

"I don't want to go."

"Why?!" Michael groaned.

"Well, because I don't think it'll be fun."

"& why not?"

"Because we know how it's going to go. We'll all get to the bar, we have a drink or two together, all is well. Then, these people that the guys met surfing the other day will show up & whoever this Samantha girl is will be all over Calum & he'll eat up the attention. Then slowly, as the night goes on, Calum will start to separate from us & boom, we're three hours in, he's off making out with the girl in the back of the club & everyone else is trashed, leaving me to deal with the shit alone."

"I won't get trashed tonight. I'm driving so I'll be sober for you."

"Regardless of that part, I'm not in the mood to see Calum with someone else."

"You don't even know who this Samantha girl is. She could have a boyfriend or she may not even be interested in Cal."

"Oh. Right. Let me invite three cute boys out with my friends & I, let me give the cutest one my number, but oh I don't want to get with him."

"Ava. Stop. It's going to be okay. If it isn't, then we come back here early."

"What if he brings her home?"

"He won't."

"You don't know that."

"Well I'm hoping he doesn't."

"Anyway, Marcy & Claire are staying home so I can just stay with them, we can have a girls night."

"Ava, they want to be alone. Alone. Get it? Alone. Let them have the house for awhile. Then they can have their crazy, lesbian sex."

"Ugh." I fell backwards onto the bed. "Tonight might suck."

"Or it might rock. I can find you a good guy! Then you can bring someone home & kick me out of the room."

"Michael? I don't want to bring anyone home. I'm not hooking up with a stranger."

"Fine. But please come with me. You can get super drunk, I'll watch you. Just be drunk & stupid."

"If I get too drunk, I may tell Calum the truth."

"& that might not be so bad."

"No. It would be tragic. It's not happening."

"Then just wear something super sexy & then Calum will drool over you & forget who Samantha is."

"But here's the thing. I want Calum to like me for me, not just because I look hot & he's kind of drunk."

"So you're telling me that if Calum came up to you tonight at the bar & tried to kiss you, you'd stop him?"

"Don't ask me that! But I might. It's not how I see our first kiss going."

"How do you imagine it? Tell me. What's your fantasy with Cal?"

"Not telling." I pretended to zip my lips. "That's for me to know."

"& for me to get out of you eventually."

I ignored Michael as I tried to find what to wear. I ended up deciding on just a pair of black shorts with a peach-colored top I had.

I did my makeup in front of the mirror that hung on the back of the door while Ashton & Michael decided which of their many black t-shirt to wear, like there was a huge difference between them all.

"Are we good?" I asked once I buckled the back of my sandals.

"Yep. Let's go down." Michael stood up from the bed, opening the door.

The three of us went downstairs where Calum & Luke were sitting in the kitchen having a beer.

Marcy & Claire were doing their own night so they went to dinner at a place not too far from our house.

"Wow. Your legs look great." Luke told me once I walked into the room. "Damn."

"Uh, thanks but not really."

"No." Calum spoke up. "He's right."

"Well thanks." I said before I took the beer bottle from Calum's hands as I took a sip.

I thought a bit more about what Michael had said & I didn't want Calum to ruin my night.

This was my night out too.

Since Michael wasn't drinking, he was voted our driver & he drove us all to the club.

Once inside, the night went as I had assumed.

We checked out the place, we shared a few drinks between us five, well minus Michael, & I was still enjoying the night at that point.

A bit into the night, though, Calum was reading a text from his phone & then he was looking around the club, as if he was searching for someone. Not even a minute later, four girls approached us.

They were all gorgeous & tall.

Great.

"Hey!" Calum hugged the one girl in the blue dress. I assumed Samantha. "These are my friends Michael & Ava. You met Luke & Ashton the other day."

She waved at us & then we met her other friends, who everyone else knew from surfing as well.

I already felt excluded from the group since the girls, Calum, Luke & Ashton all had met before. They were all talking to each other as I kind of stood off to the side.

Samantha was standing right next to Calum, her arm linked with his. They were off in their own conversation & I didn't want to see it unfold anymore.

"I'm getting another drink." I said to Michael.

"I'll come with." & then we left the group. "Hey, the guys were right though, you have to admit."

"About what?"

"Samantha has amazing boobs."

"Michael! You're not helping."

"Okay. You're right. Sorry."

I stayed over by the bar with Michael for awhile before we went back over to where our group was hanging out.

Only there were two people missing.

Calum & Samantha.

I looked around & it didn't take long to find them. They were standing against the wall behind us, Calum was pressed against the wall, Samantha pressed to him. They weren't kissing but their body language showed that kissing was coming soon.

Cool.

"Michael?"

"What?" & then I pointed. "I told you so."

"Sorry Aves. What do you want to do?"

"I don't know. I want to have fun tonight. Come dance with me."

I pulled Michael onto the dance floor with me & since I was feeling the alcohol a little bit, I was dancing pretty stupidly but I wanted to enjoy my night, also taking a few drinks that the bartenders were carrying around. I wasn't going to let Calum ruin my time.

Except, every couple of minutes, I would turn & watch them. I wanted to be in Samantha's position. I wanted to feel Calum holding me close to him, I wanted to know what his lips tasted like, I wanted to hear him whisper things to me.
Not Samantha.

I saw him smiling at her, laughing too.

I just wanted it to be me.

& then I saw him lean in to kiss her. He pulled her in even tighter & he kissed her.

& I was watching.

"Okay I want to go."

"Now?" Michael asked me before he turned around. "Oh."

"I need to go." Instead of the alcohol making me enjoy my night even more, now it was making me emotional. "I could cry. Can we go?"

"Yep." Michael grabbed my arm. "Let me tell the others."

I waited as Michael told Luke & Ashton we were leaving. They were fine getting a taxi later so then Michael drove us home & it was completely quiet. I didn't want to talk. I just wanted to think about Calum.

Once we were home, I noticed that Marcy & Claire were already asleep. I went straight upstairs & I sat on my bed.

"I'm so sad."

"Aves. It's going to be okay." Michael sat next to me. This happened a lot. He comforted me many times when I would see Calum with someone else. "Just don't think about it."

"How can I not think about it when the boy I want to be with is with someone else?"

"I don't know. I just hate seeing you sad."

"Well it's too late because I'm sad."

"& you're drunk so thats playing into it."

"I'm sad sober too though. I want to be with Calum."

"We can talk about this tomorrow, alright? You should sleep."

"Fine." I fell back onto my pillow. "At least in my dreams, I have a chance with Cal."

Michael stayed next to me as he was playing a game on his laptop & I tried to fall asleep but I couldn't. My mind was elsewhere.

A little bit later, I heard Ashton walk in.

"Hey." He sat dow on the other bed. "Damn what a good night."

"Was it? I'm glad." Michael replied to him. I pretended to be asleep.

"Why did you two leave early?"

"Aves wasn't feeling too well. I think she drank too much too fast. I just didn't want to go to sleep until I know you three made it home alright.

"Ah. Gotcha. Well Luke & I did. Calum left with Samantha a bit before we did. He's with her tonight. I called it."

& my heart dropped again...as if it could even drop anymore.

"Oh." Michael looked over at me & I was pouting my lip. I wanted to cry again.

Calum was with Samantha right now. He was still with her. He was laid up in her bed, probably having sex with her, kissing her, holding her, whispering things to her.

& she didn't even know what an amazing guy she had.

I couldn't cry because Ashton was in the room & he had no idea what was going on so until I heard Ashton & Michael both quietly snoring, I left the room & I went back downstairs where I could really cry.

-

A/N hi! i'm trying to get these chapters up for you guys as fast as i can to make up for the weeks my laptop was broken. poor ava is sad in like every chapter. & michael is the best friend ever. someone give that kid an award.

okay well i decided to rematch gilmore girls so i'm going to go binge.

-

cathy

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

176K 7.7K 45
she wanted the fame and the friends but all he wanted was her | it sounds so cliche, but i promise otherwise | { C O M P L E T E D }
1.4K 10 28
And when that day comes, It'll be the day that I finally admit to your cold, lifeless, body. That I love you.
8.3K 611 19
"Why were you here at four in the morning?" "It's only four in the morning once a day. Why not celebrate?" ((EDITING AF))
417 25 18
Second book to Out Of Time.