Unchasable

By amyhopeey

"He never thought he'd have her. Until he was chasing her." YVONNE Levi Dyer was never part of the plan. But... More

Playlist
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 16

476 37 35
By amyhopeey

YVONNE

"Are you hyperventilating?", Liv asks, looking at me worried. I do feel my chest rising and sinking at paces that aren't probably healthy, and I think my hand is shaking.

"Oh my God, you're hyperventilating", my best friend lets out. She goes from zero to hundred on a worried scale, and calls for her husband: "Nathan, can you please bring some water. But hurry."

In less than one minute, we can see Nathan rushing through the door, a glass of water in his hands. I see he was only in a pair of grey sweatpants, a white T-Shirt and some socks the same color, some glasses on his eyes. Not really an outfit one would expect a king to wear.

Nathan offers me the glass of water and waits until I finished it, before he asks me: "Do you need more water? Or some sugar? Liv and I made some cookies earlier."

Livie nods, backing him up. I shake my head, not wanting to intrude. Nathan seems to understand and takes the glass of water from my hands walking out the door, only to return minutes later with the glass refilled and a plate of cookies he places on the coffee table near me. I thank him with a look, while Liv kisses his cheek, helping herself to one of the cookies.

"I can't do this", I tell them.

They both shake their heads, as if to tell me I'm wrong. "Yes, you can", Livie tells me. Her husband only nods agreeing. She continues: "And you will. Just think about Theodore's face when you'll walk inside the room with one of the most hottest Formula One drivers in the world, who is double as rich as him."

What's up with Levi and money? Who am I marrying?

"Okay, but my parents... what if..."

"They'll be fine", she shrugs unbothered. "And besides, Levi will be there with you the whole time."

"Remind me again why you aren't coming? Dad told me he invited you but you declined."

"I'm so sorry, babe, but I had to. The German ambassador is coming for a dinner at the palace today, to discuss some potential exchange programs between our schools here in Cordelia and some schools there."

Okay, at least the reason is fine.

"And Nathan?", I ask, begging him for help with my eyes. He looks at Livie once, as if to show me the answer. I get it, he'd rather spend time with his wife.

"And besides, I have to finish my article. We're due tomorrow, and I'm still at the introduction only." Says the man who is king but also sports journalist at the same time.

I nod, and stare back into the mirror. Original reason why I came here, apart from having a shoulder I can cry on: get dressed. I'm in a matching set of checkered white and black Chanel blazer and skirt, with some white knee-high socks and some black platforms. My nails are painted black, to match my hair and the look, and I kept the makeup simple but elegant. There is a pearl necklace around my neck, the Vivienne Westwood one with a planet.

I can do this.

Just as I try convincing myself that, one of the maids of the palace enters the room and says: "Your Majesties, Miss Pruitt, you have a visitor."

"Thank you, Carlotta", Liv replies, before calling in the guest. Wearing a beige tux with a white shirt, some fancy-ass shoes and a watch that might cost more than the whole outfit as a whole, is Levi. He looks so fucking good, with the small smirk on his face and the way his eyes meet mine, that I almost catch myself drooling a bit.

Before I remember that he's my fake fiancé, and turn everything off.

"Yvonne", Levi greets me, walking inside the room and brushing a kiss on my temple. I'm surprised of the gesture, so are Livie and Nathan, who only exchange a side-eye.

My "boyfriend" walks over to the two, where he offers Livie a bouquet of flowers he was holding in his hands. "For the gracious host."

"I always knew you were a charmer", Liv replies, as Levi kisses her hand as a gentleman. He then greets Nathan with a bro hug, and I'm partly confused about what's going on.

"Wait, you all know each other?", I can't help but ask.

Livie is the first one to nod. "His best friend is basically my cousin."

"How many cousins do you have?!", I let out. And are all those cousins crazy important?

She only shrugs, coming to wrap an arm around my shoulder. "Levi, I need you to take good care of her. She's like my baby."

"That's highly disturbing", I mutter, with no use, for she continues.

"Her heart is so pure and golden, and her soul is like a pearl."

"I think he got it, Liv."

"If I hear you made her feel upset, I'll send you to the dungeon, and make sure you never ever see the light of day again."

"Woah", I let go of her, heading over to him. "Threaten him like that, and he might run away."

"It's fine, dove", he whispers in my ear with a wink. It's then he offers me his hand, to escort me out. "Olivia, Nathan, a pleasure as always." He then looks at Nathan one more time: "You should come for the next race, man. Give me or Lewis a call, and we've got you covered."

Nathan nods pleased, then I say goodbye to my friends, walking out of the castle with Levi.

We arrive at his car, a sweet vintage convertible, that looks taken from a movie.

"How did you even get this?", I ask him, a smile blooming on my lips.

He only comes at my side where he opens the car door for me, and I notice three things on my seat. A bouquet of roses. A Starbucks cup. And a ring box.

"Are you proposing to me?", I ask, my knees going weak for some reason.

He nods, yet chuckles. "I think you did that when you made us strike that deal."

"Okay, fair point. But no one said anything about a ring."

"Were you actually thinking I'll let you waltz into your parents house saying I'm your fiancé, without any ring on your finger?"

I nod. "Well, yeah."

"Open the box, dove", he tells me.

I do as told and take out the box. I notice a little Tiffany logo on top, and my heart skips a beat. As I open the lid, I stare at what must be one of the prettiest rings I have ever seen. A small silvery band with a small diamond on top, nothing but elegance and grace.

"It's perfect", I tell him, feeling a tear form in the corner of my eye. "Thank you", I continue, my eyes meeting his.

He nods, yet there is a soft smile on his lips. He takes the ring from my hands and gently puts it on my finger, then helps me get inside the car. I carry the bouquet on my lap and wait for him to get inside too and start driving before I take the first sip of the drink he brought me.

A matcha latte.

Such a gentleman.

"I thought you had a problem with this sort of drinks", I tease him, staring outside. The convertible has something special, I'll give you that.

"Yes, but you love them. And I thought you might need one."

"Thank you", I mouth, before gluing my lips to the lid and taking a new sip.

Paradise.

He starts playing the music, and I notice the radio was connected to his phone, playing his playlist. There is the Weeknd blasting through the speakers, the sound so electrifying, that it sends a chill down my spine. He takes out his phone, and after the lock screen with him taking a selfie in a racer suit, kissing a trophy, comes the wallpaper: A selfie him and his friends took in a mirror. It seems to be one of those circular rear view mirror one sees on streets, and they are staring up to it. Levi is smirking, holding the phone, Lewis and Aria are kissing, flipping off the mirror, Chris is sticking out his tongue, and Fabio is looking from under his sunglasses. I have to smile at the picture.

Levi hands me his phone, opening Spotify. "You can choose whatever music you like. This is my playlist, so it has tones amounts of The Weeknd and Chase Atlantic, but you can create a playlist of your own. Or make a blend later. I don't know how many races you'll be attending, but we'll obviously be spending a lot of time together, so..."

I thank him with a smile and start a playlist. And because I'm not basic, I squint my nose at the camera and take a picture from above of my face, and put that as profile picture. Levi laughs as he sees what I'm doing, but doesn't comment. I add all my Lana, some other songs I like...obviously Always be my baby.

As I'm done, I offer him his phone back and he starts playing my playlist. First song: Art Deco.

"Lana", he points out.

I only nod, feeling like in an interrogation.

His mouth twitches: "Respect."

This man gets more attractive by the minute.

I continue to stare outside the window, with Lana's voice on the background.

~

"Yvonne", Mom says as she sees me. I let out a squeal and rush my way to her, coming to hug her.

"Mom", I whisper as I have her close to me. We hug for a few minutes, then let go. It's then I feel something big pressing on my waist. I look and notice Levi's hand, holding me protective, making sure everybody sees we came here together.

"And who might this dashing gentleman be?", she asks, offering Levi a confused look.

"Mom", I begin. "This is the man I've been telling you about. Meet my fiancé. Levi Dyer." I flash her the ring on my finger to emphasise that.

Mom gasps as she sees it, then looks back at Levi. "The proposal on the French Riviera with your favourite song one?"

I can see Levi being confused for a minute, but then decides to play along. "Whatever my girl wants, my girl gets." He reaches for Mom's hand and gives it a kiss like a gentleman. "Levi Dyer, Mrs. Pruitt. I'm the lucky one your daughter decided to marry."

"Yvonne, you for sure weren't joking", Mom lets out. She winks at me before she whispers, loud enough for Levi to hear though: "This man is something."

"Mom", I let out, not really wanting to discuss my fucked up romance life with her right now.

Levi puts his signature smirk on as he winks at me, adding: "Million dollar man."

Them: How did it happen, Miss Pruitt?

Me: He quoted Lana.

~

I'm at the small bar they put together, trying to get Levi and I some champagne. Turns out he does know people in Cordelia, so he is meanwhile talking to someone, I left needing some drinks. Thedore's stare has been following me all evening, and I honestly can't do it anymore.

Before I know it, a silhouette places themself next to me, and my blood turns to ice in my veins.

Speaking of the devil.

"Yvonne", he greets me.

"Theodore."

"Quick pop quiz: how did you manage to get Levi Dyer to play in your little scheme? Your pussy must really work some magic."

Deep fucking breaths, Yvonne.

"I'd rather not talk about my sex life with anyone but Levi. Loyalty to your husband and all? You wouldn't possibly know."

"I could have, if my fiancé actually would have stuck to complete the job she was supposed to do", he bites back. Then, examining me: "How much are you paying him? Two blowjobs a night?"

This time as a hand presses on my waist, I only lean in the touch, taking in the by now familiar cologne.

I know from the way his jaw is pressed, that Levi has heard the entire conversation. However he hides it all with a cocky grin, and reaches out his hand to Theodore: "Levi Dyer", he introduces himself.

"Theodore. Theodore Castellan. Yvonne's fiancé", he sits on the last word like on a fluffy blanket or something.

Levi pulls me even closer, until my back is fully leaning on his chest. "I think she forgot to mention that as she was screaming my name last night." Coming incredibly close to my face, Levi presses his lips on my cheek and my whole body stills.

I want his lips on-

For heaven's sake, Yvonne.

"Is this man bothering you?", he asks, his lips not moving an inch. But his hand thightens, as if he's also affected by our 'not' kiss. I only manage a shaky nod, and he gets it. He removes his lips from my skin, and for a few seconds, I catch myself thinking how I wish they were still there.

I wonder how his kiss tastes...

I need matcha. Or wine. Or matcha and wine.

"Let me make one thing clear", Levi hisses. "Come close to my wife again and I'll run you over with my car."

The relaxed way he said, as if it were nothing. I didn't even register his words at first. But when I do..

I look up ag him witb a surprised look.

Levi only nods.

Cocky grin on.

This man...

"You wouldn't dare", Theodore hisses back.

Only Levi seems rather amused. "Vroom vroom boom."

Cue the side eye.

Levi winks at me and brushes a kiss on my forehead. "I heard they brought the dessert, dove. Care to join?"

I take my first chance to flee from Theodore. "I much certainly would."

Smirking at Theodore, Levi mouthes "bye" and we walk away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 33.2K 48
"I know you married me only for my money and my family money. And I will not be giving you anything from us. I know you manipulated grandma and have...
35K 792 36
Sydney only ever wanted to attend one F1 Grand Prix. She figured she'd fly over, support her brother in his race, and be on her way. That would have...
2.3M 77.2K 52
*You do not have to read the first two books in order to understand this one* I believe true love happens only once in your life. And I'm talking...
Always ✔ By KIRA

Teen Fiction

286K 11.6K 51
[COMPLETED] Logan and I were the nerds of Whitney High but it's not like we cared. I was his other half and he was mine. Best friends - we called ea...