Life (Cole x reader)

By annon_author

Request by katrupp03. I know it's not what you commented, but I hope you enjoy anyways! Y/n l/n was raised a... More

Found family
autism
Golden weapons
Collection
Underworld

team

75 1 0
By annon_author

Another decade passed and through that course of time, three more ninja were all added. All guys. I didn't mind though and trained with all of them. But one day, the three of them were made to hide, while I was to help train a newcomer. I heard them before I saw them. "Aren't we in a little bit of a hurry since they have the map?" 

"Patience." The doors opened, and I bowed. "You will be ready when you are ready, and not a moment sooner." 

"Good afternoon sensei." 

"Y/n. Meet Kai. You will be helping him train." Kai seemed out of breath and glanced at me. 

"At least I'm not alone for this." 

"Oh but you are. Y/n will simply be guiding you. She has been training under me for the past ten years and has unlocked the key to spinjitzu. She will be monitoring and assisting when needed. Isn't that right." I smile. 

"Of course." I looked at Kai. "Welcome." He looked around. 

"A monastery? You expect me to learn to fight in a place of peace?" 

"Not fight. Train." Sensei went over to the button that unleased the training course. I already knew what to do here, since he had me do it for the other three. "To become a true ninja, first you must be able to see what others do not." 

"But there's nothing here." Sensei knocked back the dragon, revealing a button, and pressed it. With that, the training course came out. "Woah. Is this gonna teach me how to do that cool move?" He jumped onto a pole, and tried to balance it. It went down, and I chuckled. 

"Oh dear." It propelled him off and onto the dragon, where he bounced off and onto the ground. I laughed a little louder. 

"Complete the training course before I finish my tea" He grabbed his things. "Then we will see if you are ready." He downed the tea quickly while Kai just looked at him confused. "Today you have failed. Tomorrow you will try again." 

"Failed?! But I didn't even start to-"

"Patience." Sensei said as the doors closed. I smiled. 

"Come on Kai, lets see how far you can get." He looked around. 

"I don't even know where to begin on this thing." I shake my head. 

"How about a demonstration? Then we can see what we can do for you." He looked at me, and sighed. 

"Sure." 

I ran through the course under thirty seconds with practiced ease, ending up in front of him, while he looked at me in awe. "Okay, you have no chance of running that right now, especially not as fast as I did. Let's start by teaching you how to punch."

"Lets get this over with." 

Weeks went by with Kai improving every day. One day, he knocked the cup out of sensei's hand, surprising both of us. I was fidgeting with my hands while I watched him, both itching to get onto the course myself, and to see him succeed. I looked to see sensei repouring his tea, and then I looked to see Kai seated next to him. "Was that one sugar, or two?" He asked, holding the sugar cubes.

"Heh." Sensei seemed both annoyed and proud in that moment. As he got up, me motioned for me to go with him. 

"So am I going to learn this spinjitzu I've been hearing so much about?"

"You already have. Your final test comes tomorrow. My advice is to get some sleep." He turned to me and spoke quieter. "Get your teammates. His test will be tonight." I nod, and go to find them. They thought this was stealth practice. They were in for quite the shock later. But for now, I informed them that they would be doing ambush practice on the new guy. They nodded in understanding, and Cole spoke out. 

"Finally we get some action! It's bee what, three weeks?" 

"Calm down. It's not until tonight anyways." Jay said. "But yeah, it has been a hot minute, hasn't it?"

"But Jay, it's been three weeks, and quite chilly."

"Zane, it's an expression. It means it's been a while." I explain. The boys are aware of my diagnosis, and Jay and I are basically best friends since he's got ADHD. At first, they walked on eggshells around me, before I got fed up and snapped, telling them I can tell them what I like and dislike easily, and can handle myself before a breakdown, and if they treat me like a fragile flower again, the only breaking down that would be happening would be their bones. They now treat me like a normal person who just needs a little help sometimes.

Anyways, they knew I was getting a little edgy with how things have been, so I'm glad I'm able to join in on this. Kai, while a nice guy, is also a hot head, and I've been wanting to put him in his place for a while now. But he's goal driven right now, trying to find his sister. I can't fault him for it completely, but I can get back at him for blowing up at me for no reason last week. 

As night fell, we all put in black gi's and prepared to infiltrate our own home... Yeah let's not think too much on the logic of that. We crept along the beams of the ceiling, to see Kai ranting at his own reflection while brushing his teeth. It took a lot of me not to laugh at how dumb he looked. I had my Sais, one in hand and one in my belt, and one by one we dropped down without a sound. "Oh yeah, well take this!" He swung his toothbrush, which was still on by the way, to his reflection, and then started swinging it around like a sword. Jay was first to drop. "And this!" Zane next. Kai closed his eyes while he spun, and Cole and I dropped down one after the other. "And this!" He stopped right in front of the both of us. He looked around, seeing all of us armed and ready to fight. "Oops." I bit back a laugh by biting my tongue. 

Right as we were about to attack, he shoved his toothbrush into Zane's mouth, which made me cringe. Do you know how many germs are on that?! Zane spat it out almost instantly, and Kai ducked, making it hit Jay, where it bounced off, and into Cole's uniform. He started to vibrate for a bit until he got it out. While the boys did that, I threw I Sai at Kai, nicking his cheek as he dodged. I ran and he managed to jump up into the ceiling while the boys were distracted. I gave chase, and I threw my other Sai at him, and it stopped him for a second as it landed in front of him, an inch in front of his feet like I planned. I'm not trying to hurt him, just distract him. 

Zane caught up in that second of hesitation and did a flying jump kick to Kai. Kai ducked, and Zane fell to the ground under us. Kai laughed at his misfortune, but I kicked him out of the building, and he flew out the roof with a groan, landing by the button. I hopped out following while the boys went through the doors. Kai pressed the button to activate the training course, and I smirked under my mask. Good, he was learning to use his surroundings. It took out all the boys, leaving them unarmed, while I jumped and dodged no problem. "Show off!" Jay called. I giggled. Kai would recognize my voice if I spoke, so I stayed quiet for now. besides, I didn't want to talk at all right now. Well, if I had to, Zane could always translate for me. 

The four got into a bunch of hand-to-hand combat, and I jumped in, hitting and avoiding limbs like it was a game. I did get a few bruises myself, but I didn't care. I could always heal them. The boys got into a dog pile, when a voice spoke. 

"Stop!" I smiled. The boys got off, and I bowed in respect. 

"Yes sensei." The boys followed my lead. All except Kai, who looked around confused. 

"Wait a minute, they're your students too?" Sensei nodded. "This was my final test, wasn't it?" 

"Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah, woah. You never said anything about a fifth. It's always been four. Four seasons, four quarters, four-" 

"Ah, what he's trying to say sensei wu, is that we've all trained together. We're solid."

"Didn't look so solid to me."

"Go fuck yourself." I signed. Sensei glared at me gently.

"Did you go nonverbal again?" I nod. "Zane, what'd she say."

"Something vulgar that I refuse to repeat." Jay sighed. 

"You've got to teach me more sign." Jay said. 

"Master, what is the meaning of this?" 

"Each of you have been chosen. Each in tune with elemental properties." Sensei said, coming down the steps. "But first, ninjago!" He said, doing spinjitzu, and changing us into our new Gi's. I was my usual yellow, while Kai was red, Jay was blue, Zane was white and Cole was black. 

"Woah!"

"How'd he do that?"

"Look what color I am!" Jay said giddy. I gave him a thumbs up to show I approved. I still didn't feel like talking. 

"Wait a minute, I'm still black." I patted Cole on the back, trying to comfort him. I'm not good at this though. 

"Kai, master of fire. It burns bright in you. Jay is blue, master of lightning." 

"Heh, that's not the only thing I'm the master of. I do a little inventing, I dabble in model building, a touch of cooking, a little poetry-"

"More like mouth of lightning." I nod. 

"Yellow is y/n, master of life. Healer and nurturer, with a deadly side. My oldest student." I bow, and pull out some more Sai's, doing a few tricks. 

"Wait, why isn't y/n talking? During training, she almost never shut up! Are we sure it's the same y/n?" I pulled my mask off and glared. 

"Bitch." 

"Y/n is autistic. She's in one of her 'no talk' moods. I think. Is it a mood, or you just feel you can't?" I hold up one finger. "Alright. Point is, she sometimes does this, so when she's like this she signs. We've all picked up a little to understand her when she's like this, but Zane's our go to translator." Jay said. 

"Ohh. Alright then." 

"Black ninja is Cole. Master of earth. Solid as rock." Cole did some moves, and Kai laughed a little. 

"Nice to meet ya kid. I've got ya back." Cole said, holding his scythe uncomfortably close to Kai. He took his hood off, and I smiled. I always liked seeing his face. "And for the record, there ain't nothin in this world I'm afraid of."

"Except dragons." Zane said. 

"Dragons aren't from this world Zane. I said in this world." He corrected. I chuckled. He turned to me, and glared in an accusing way... I think? I averted my eyes.  

"And white ninja is Zane. Master of ice, and seer with sixth sense." Zane spun his shirikin, and made them dissapear. It always amazed me how he did that. 

"I sense this one takes things a bit too seriously." Zane took off his hood as Jey chuckled. It took me a second to realize it was a joke, and I giggled. 

"He's just making a joke Zane." He took off his hood. "Remember what we talked about? Your sense of humor? Huh?"

"Oh, yes, it was a joke. Ha, ha." Jay groaned. I patted his shoulder, trying to convey it would get there eventually. 

"Pay attention!" We all stood at attention now. "You five are the chosen ones who will protect the four weapons of spinjitzu from Lord Garmadon." 

"But what about my sister?!" Kai yelled. I sighed. I knew he would mention her. I had heard a lot about Nya in the past few weeks, and understood he was really protective of her. She was the only family he had left. Jay gasped though, intrigued by this discovery. 

"We're saving a girl? Is she hot?" He said, nudging Kai. 

"Jay!"

"Have some decency!" I signed, which Zane translated. 

"I-I just what to know what we're getting ourselves into!" He tried to defend. "Does she like blue?"

"Back off." Kai warned. 

"When we find the weapons, we will find your sister. It is time! We must go to the first weapon."

"Woah, hold on a minute. You said you were going to teach us spinjitzu!" 

"Spinjitzu is in each and every one of you, but it will only be unlocked when the key is ready to be found. Come! My feet are tired. We will take the horse carriage." I groaned, knowing what he meant by that, but I said nothing. 

"Great."

"Now we have to find a key?"

"Yeah, I'm feeling like he's taking us for a ride."

"It takes time to unlock it. It took me four months to do it." I said, forcing myself out of my mood. 

"Well if it means finding my sister, then sign me up." Cole gently placed a hand on my shoulder as we walked away. I turned to him. 

"It took you that long?" I nod. "When will we learn it?"

"I don't know, why are you asking me? You really should ask yourself if you're ready for it." With that, I walked away. He followed, and gave me a gentle smile, rubbing my hair affectionally. 

"It's good to hear your voice again." 

"Dude, I was quiet for an hour and a half. You miss my smart mouth too quickly." He turned away, but said nothing. 

What was that all about? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33K 538 10
Antisepticeye x reader
60.3K 2.7K 45
*Set in Season 1* Jax and Arielle only had one agreement, get married. It was the only way that she could live in America, and keep herself safe from...
1.2M 54.4K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
160K 17.2K 61
Tom has always treated demons like equals, but he never expected to fall in love with one. Not Ezra, who was condemned to take evil souls because of...