HUMDUM- Laiba & Fahad

By saysha261

"𝘕𝘰, 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴. 𝘔𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘶𝘮𝘴𝘦 𝘱𝘺𝘢𝘢𝘳 𝘯𝘢𝘩𝘪 𝘬𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪 𝘍𝘢𝘩𝘢𝘥. 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘺 𝘥... More

- INTRODUCTION -
01| Meet Laiba and Fahad
02| Rishta pakka?
03| Her failed attempts
04| haldi
05| Qubool Hai
06| misery
07| Walima
08| Kheer pakai
09| Chaah
10| Crescent
11| Naraazgi
12| Ice cream date
13| Baarish
14| Chaand Raat
15| Eid
16| Dawat
17| 'Not' Missing You
18| Aitbaar
19| Ayesha
20| Akidat
21| Changes
22| Birthday
23| Karachi
24| Falling for you
25| Nazdeekiyaan
26| So in love
27| Qualm
28| Heartfelt
29| Distances
30| Hum Dum
- EPILOGUE -
Bonus Chapter - 02
ANNOUNCEMENT - Jiya Zayd's book & more.
Bonus Chapter - 03 (part- 1)
Bonus Chapter - 03 (part- 2)

Bonus Chapter - 01

6.4K 511 83
By saysha261

One year later

LAIBA
"Rehan baby please don't cry," I said lifting him gently and swaying my body in rhythm, trying my best to calm him down.

"Dekho, phuppho apke liye chocolate layi hai."
I took out the chocolate from my bag to give it to him, but nothing was calming him down. He was so restless.

I heard a muffled voice coming from the closet. Bhabhi came out tying her hair, she let out a soft chuckle when she looked at me, my hair all messed up trying to take care of Rehan.

"Usse shayad bhook lagi hai" she said, taking Rehan in her arms and immediately soothing him.

"Bhabhi kaise manage karti hai aap issey" I said rubbing my face. I love playing with Rehan but not today. I've been having throbbing headaches lately and I can barely focus on any work I do. I  feel like lying on my bed all day because I'm just so tired.

Bhabhi smiled at me as she held the baby close and comforted it. Rehan is almost a year and a half I think. In a few days Rehan and bhabhi will be flying off to Muscat with Bhai. I am going to miss them so much, especially bhabhi. So I'm trying to make the most of the time with them.

Fahad has been away in Islamabad for the past 12 days, so I've been staying here at my parents' house for a few days. I haven't talked to him today. We had a video call the day before and yesterday he just texted me he was busy with work.

I guess I have grown accustomed to his lifestyle, but sometimes I just really want him to be here with me, like now.

Looking at bhabhi playing with Rehan, I feel this strange sensation in my chest. Happiness, excitement and a touch of anxiety. I want to talk to Fahad as soon as possible because there's something I've been keeping away from him.

Bhabhi got downstairs with Rehan and I walked into my room checking my phone again. No calls, not even text messages. I am so done with this man.

I switched back to the home screen and stared at the wallpaper as I lay on my bed. It is a picture of me and Fahad from our Dubai vacation last year which he surprised me with for our first anniversary. I opened my gallery and scrolled up to those photos.

There was a sudden knock. I looked towards the door to see a tall figure leaning against it. It was Fahad, with his infamous smile. It took me a few seconds to process what I was seeing. Was he actually here? With the headaches I've been having lately, it's been hard for me to tell reality from imagination.

I let out a sigh and got back on the bed, lying with my face buried in the soft sheets. Why didn't he reply to my texts or call me to let me know he had returned. It's been so frustrating not knowing when he would be back.

"Uhh..Main theek hu, tum batao" he said in a joking way. I didn't reply, but I heard the door close. Did he leave? What the hell? I looked up to see him locking the door from inside and moving towards me. I tried to calm myself down and remind myself that Fahad was here now.

I got up from the bed walking closer to him.
"Airport se seedhe yaha aaya hun, tumhe pick karne. Socha tumhe surprise du, aur tumne itna plain reaction diya hai?"

Without saying anything, I hugged him tightly, wrapping one of my legs around his waist. I struggled to lift my other leg, Fahad let out a soft chuckle and lifted it for me. Now, both of my legs were wrapped around his waist, his hands on my back.

He tried to break the hug to say something, but I held onto him even tighter. I knew I needed to talk to him, but for now, I just wanted to enjoy his presence and feel his warmth beside me.
His nose dug into my neck, his warm breath and that intoxicating scent sending a rush of emotions through my veins.

I could feel us slowly moving towards the bed. He laid me down on the bed, with him on top, using one hand to balance himself and the other exploring every curve of my body. "Fa—"

"Tumhe pata hai yeh 12 din maine kitni mushkil se guzaare hai?" he interrupted.

"Mujhe toh laga tum khush hoge" I joked and he glared at me.

"Accha ab hatto" I replied trying to get up. "Bilkul nahi" he replied softly, trailing his lips down the path of my neck.
I clutched onto his hair, my body feeling weak in front of him. "Fahaad—" I managed to whisper, my tone tinged with urgency.

He stopped and looked up at me, our faces inches away. "Mujhe tumhe kuch batana hai"

There was a knock at the door, grabbing both of our attention. Fahad immediately got up from the bed, and I followed him towards the door.

I looked at bhabhi who was here to call us down for dinner.
"Uhh hume.. chalna chahiye." Fahad replied but after her insistence, he finally agreed. I turned to Fahad as bhabhi left.

"I missed you" he said with his mischievous smile.

"I didn't" I replied walking downstairs.

"Laibaa yaarr" he said following me.

I helped Amma bring the dishes to the dining area. Chachu greeted Fahad and they were engrossed in a conversation. Fahad always gets along with my family so well.

I placed a box of food on the dining table and noticed Rehan's toy falling down.
Before I could react, Fahad got up from his seat and picked it up for him. I watched as he slightly lifted his brow, making Rehan giggle.

An instant smile spread across my face. He would be the best father.

                                   **********

We finished dinner a while ago and now we were on our way home. I absentmindedly fidgeted with the delicate chain around my neck. I could feel Fahad's eyes on me, I turned towards him, "saamne dekho Fahad" I said turning his face away.

He sighed taking a deep breath. "Itne din baad shohar aya hai, aur tum usse aise ignore kar rahi ho"

I didn't reply, the thoughts in my mind were distracting me. He held my hand, I looked at him as he brought it closer placing a kiss. "Sab theek hai na?"

He could sense something was bothering me, even if I hadn't said a word. "Haan" I instantly replied. "Ghar jaake baat karte hai, tum thak gaye hoge. Accha yeh batao trip kaisa tha tumhara"

Shifting gear he replied, "it was good"
I watched him make a swift turn and before I could say something he continued, "mujhe pata hai tumhara mood kaise theek karna hai"

I gave him a confused look throughout. And when we finally reached, I looked out of the window to see an ice cream parlour. Of course my husband always knows how to make me feel better. I turned to Fahad and we exchanged smiles as he got out of the car.

[TIME SKIP]
We're home, so now I have to tell him. I cannot keep this from him anymore. I waited for Fahad anxiously as he came out of the bathroom drying his hair with a towel wearing a T-shirt and trousers.

"Fahad" I called him out.
"Hmm" he looked at himself in the mirror fixing his hair. This self obsessed— ugh. I stood up and made my way towards him.

"Fahad main kab se tumse kuch kehne ki koshish kar rahi hu aur tum—"

"Batao naaa" he said pulling me closer by my waist. I chuckled feeling a mix of nervousness and excitement.

I looked into his eyes, "Fahad..last week phir se meri tabiyat bohot kharab hogayi thi.."

"Laiba maine tumhe kitni baar kaha hai tum street food mat khao yaar. Tumhe pata hai humesha tumhari tabiyat kharab hojati hai"

I could feel the anger rising and I bit my teeth trying to keep my cool. "Fahad!! Tum puri baat toh suno yaar!" I replied caught up in his arms.

His eyes widened realising something serious was going on. He nodded urging me to continue.

I took a deep breath trying to find the right words. "Fahaad, mein.."

"Tum..."

"Mera matlab hum dono—"

He looked at me, patiently waiting, a confused look on his face. I sighed. I can't do this like those leads in the dramas and movies.

I freed myself and walked over to the drawer, grabbing what I wanted from a box, and came back with my hand behind my back. My heart was pounding, and I nervously bit my lip.

I finally held out my hand in front for him to see. Two lines. Two lines on the pregnancy test.

"I am pregnant"

For a few seconds, his face went completely blank. I held my breath, waiting for his reaction.

He finally let out a breath and his face transformed into the biggest smile I had ever seen.

"Really?" His eyes looked at me for confirmation. I bit my lip nodding, "pichle hafte pata chala"

"Aur yeh baat mein tumhe phone pe nahi batana chahti thi"
He didn't say a word. He pulled me into his arms, holding me tightly in his embrace.

He broke the hug holding my hand. 

"How long?" 

"10 weeks" I replied.

I tried to form a smile before asking, "tum khush ho?"

His expression shifted as he looked at me with this serious look. "Tum khush ho?"

Am I happy? I love kids. And I always wanted to be a mom, then why am I feeling conflicted? I continued to look at Fahad struggling to understand my own emotions.

"Laiba" he called out, his hands gently cupped my face.

"Fahaad, tum jaante ho humne yeh plan nahi kiya tha..
aur main aur do teen saal tak iske baare mein soch bhi nahi rahi thi"

He listened attentively and his eyes slowly softened.

"Main khush hun" I assured him.

"....but it's a little scary" my voice trembled as my eyes welled up with all the overwhelming emotions.

He immediately wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer.
"Tum kyu darr rahi ho? Main hun na tumhare saath"

"We'll figure it out Laiba. It's gonna be okay" 
In that moment I felt comfort. It was as if all the worries and doubts I had been carrying melted away in that embrace. His arms were my safe haven, shielding me from any worries or fears.

What was I even thinking? With Fahad by my side, what was there even to have doubts about?

We looked at each other, both of our eyes were welled with tears. He slightly moved my hair, his touch tender and loving. His fingers traced the contours of my forehead, as if trying to erase any worries or doubts that lingered there. "I love you"  he said as he kissed my forehead.

I pressed a kiss on his lips and pulled him back into the embrace. His presence, his warmth and his love was all I need.

I am pregnant. We are going to be parents.

Our life was about to change in the most beautiful way.

************

Hello people,
We hit 300K reads on HUMDUM and I am so grateful to everyone,
thank you so so much 🥺

Here's your reward 💌

I hope you guys liked the chapter <3
I will post one more bonus chapter on Eid.

Also, "More Than Yellow Hearts" my second book is now available on Wattpad, so make sure to add it to your library and reading lists.

Much lovee,
Byeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

918K 42.8K 54
(Ranking #1 in spiritual) Being orphaned in teenage, Noor is tied down in a sacred bond to her cousin Arman Mustafa Malik, a Mafia Leader. Arman fi...
185K 5.9K 74
••| 1st in Arranged Series |•• Can be read as a Standalone. "Thank God, you took my call," he mumbled. "Why did you send that flower bouquet?" He f...
55K 2.7K 13
Masir مصير - fate, destination Two years ago, everything changed for her. She lives in a joint family where she does not belong. She was just 15 wh...
1.4M 74.2K 65
#3 in Pakistan ( 4-1-2021) #1 in Pakistan (19-1-2021) What will happen when two opposite souls are betrothed to each other? *But both are stubborn...