[ GawinKrist ] Coffee Sweetne...

By bittersweet1618

The autumn day when we met each other... ...slowly, slowly .. you become the sweetness to my coffee. More

1. It Started With...
2. Have Dinner With Me...?
3. Want To Have Some Sweets...?
4. I'll Pick You Up
5. What Should I Do?
6. Are You At Home Now...?
7. Do You Know You Look Like A Cat?
8. Have Dinner With Me...!
9. I Got Dumbed Today
10. We Just Know...But We're Close
11. Why Don't You Tell Me To Stay?
13. I Want To Hear Your Voice
14. Kiss One Person In This Room...
15. Tell Me... The Reason Of This Kiss

12. Let's Go To Your Favorite Bakery!

72 10 6
By bittersweet1618

"Krist..."

He realized that Gawin has stopped calling him 'phi' recently. He didn't mind it at all. In fact, knowing that the other is the serious type, Krist prefers the way him calls his name naturally like this more.

"Gawin?"

"Keep walking, let's talk on the phone, tell me when you reach home, so I can go to sleep."

"Why-"

"Just keep walking and talking like this, you won't feel scared, or I'll have to drive you home and go back when it's already late."

'I might not want to go back.'

Krist's shy smile was hidden in the night-chilled mist. Gawin's coat is quite big for him. He pulled the sleeves down to cover his hands and then cupped his face to avoid the cold, enjoying the other's scent lingering on the tip of his nose. Krist continued his walk homeward alone, unhurriedly, thinking of Gawin's tenderness made him unable to surpress his smile.

"Do you feel sleepy yet?"

"I just drank a whole cup of coffee this evening so now I'm still wide awake." Gawin held the phone away so Krist wouldn't hear him yawning. The taller guy didn't go back to the house, he moved unconsciously towards Krist's direction, wanting to see that small figure. Gawin has never thought that looking someone walking from a far could make him so contented, because that moment was not separation.

To him, it was something else. 

The farther the distance was, the closer they became.

Gawin knew that Krist was smiling on the other end of the line. With the phone held to his ear, he heard Krist chuckling and then noticed him shyly bow his head out of habit. Luckily their houses were close to each other, Gawin could watch him walking home. Krist's pace slowed down, his hands were still cupping his face. Gawin really wished that the road would be longer and longer so their conversation wouldn't have to end.

'Walk slowly, Krist.'

'There is no reason for that.'

'I just want to see you a bit longer.'

Krist knew that Gawin was lying, he saw the cup of coffee the taller guy left behind was still half-full when Krist returned the shop to pick up the forgotten coat. Krist wouldn't expose him, nor would he expose the fact that he himself didn't want to leave at all. Krist wished there was a reason for him to go back to the other's house, his steps became slower and slower, without knowing Gawin was watching over him from behind.

"This evening, is that actor Bright Vachirawit?"

"Yes, a close friend of mine in the company."

The distance between them was now quite far enough for Gawin to see Krist's hair clearly. The smaller guy looked as small as a ginkgo leaf, the light brown coat fluttering slightly in the wind. Gawin didn't even realize he was shivering, he did not want to go back to the house even though Krist completely disappeared from his sight, because he knew the guy was walking alone in the night, under the dimmed streetlights.

He trusts Krist, if Krist says Bright is his friend, then they are friends. The discomfort that had been haunting him all this evening finally faded. He couldn't explain this either, but there was a strong belief in him telling that Krist wouldn't lie to him about anything.

Krist would scream every time Gawin used a fine-tipped instrument to press onto his teeth to see if a cavity was present. He would become moody and sulky every time he fell sleepy. All of his cute gestures naturally crept into the taller man's memory. For more than a month, his head has been filling up with Krist's images day by day. Since when Krist appeared, each day Gawin has remembered one thing of him.

"Want to have breakfast together tomorrow, Krist?"

"What about your friend?"

"Podd will take care of him."

Gawin heard the bell ringing and Aou's complaint on the other end about Krist came home late but did not bring the key with him. He went back to the house, Krist hadn't said anything and he didn't hang up either. He locked the door whereas Krist took off his shoes, he walked into the kitchen to get water whereas Krist removed the coat and hung it on the rack, he leaned against the bedroom door when hearing the sound of Krist falling onto his bed. The smaller guy's voice was a bit muffled, maybe he was burying his face into pillows.

"I'm home, now go to sleep, or you'll forget our appointment tomorrow."

"Um, good night Krist, don't forget to brush your teeth before going to bed." Gawin said, they both bursted out laughing, he couldn't open his eyes anymore because of the sleepiness, still he managed to put a smile on his lips even though the other could not see it.

...

Some days, Krist's happiness was to just bury himself in a warm blanket, getting a deep sleep after a series of busy days.

There were also days when his happiness was to drink until he got drunk. His alcohol tolerance rarely allowed him to get drunk, but it happened. At those times, Krist let himself go crazy over stupid things that he did.

'Are you awake?'

Krist kept typing and deleting the reply, then he decided to stared at the three-word message sent just four minutes ago from Gawin. He thought of Gawin's soft voice, his short black hair gleamed like a raven's feathers and was so silky that Krist wished to stroke it for once, maybe Gawin had just woken up as well. 

The smile appeared on his lips earlier than usual.

Until Gawin appeared at the door of his house, wearing a beige jacket and a dark brown scarf, Krist was still smiling. Gawin also smiled with him this time, his black orbs hidden under the unbrushed bangs making him look much softer... and closer.

Gawin saw Krist holding his coat that smelled of him. At home, the taller guy decided to bring himself another jacket, because he wanted to put the one that Krist was holding on him. Gawin did the thing he was thinking in mind naturally, and Krist also calmly stayed still, letting the tips of the other's fingers graze his cheeks.

"This coat, it looks better on you than me." Gawin said while the two of them walk to his car, a hint of a smile tugging at their lips.

"What do you want for breakfast, Krist?"

"Take me to the place where you often come to eat in the morning."

"The place I often come?" Gawin smiled a sweet smile and Krist's eyes were captivated by the corners of his beautiful lips, also his white teeth. The smaller guy didn't look away even when Gawin turned to the side to look at him, to make sure he didn't miss a single expression on the other's face, including the teasing look that just sparked in his black eyes.

"I often have breakfast at my house, Krist."

Krist swears that Gawin at this moment was so damn attractive. He's the same as usual but still different somehow, the combination of him and gentleness makes him much more masculine every single time.

"Is that so?! But I remember that most times I see you in the morning, i find bread wrappers or empty coffee cups from The Blooming Gallery on your table."

"You know The Blooming Gallery?"

"My favorite bakery is right next to your favorite coffee shop."

Gawin has always felt amazed with the way the universe works. 

'My world has intertwined with yours since the days we didn't know each other. During those days, maybe you and I have passed each other many times. 

When you went to the company, maybe I just stepped out the door. When you rushed home after a tiring day practicing, maybe I was busy in the kitchen preparing for dinner. When you left the bakery, maybe I just walked in the coffee shop next door. 

It's possible... 

...isn't it a bit late to meet each other now, is it?'

"Let's go to your favorite bakery then!"

If he has to choose between what he likes and what Krist likes, Gawin won't hesitatingly go for the latter. He drove slowly, the car was filled with Krist's laughter. Sometimes he stole a glance at him, it was just a few seconds but it was enough for him to notice whether Krist was cold or not, and whether his coat could keep the other warm. 

When Krist opened a new song of Bright, Gawin didn't feel uncomfortable anymore.

Even when Gawin wasn't looking, he actually caught a few interesting things. That was Krist's side profile as he peeked intently at Gawin for so long, making the taller man had to suppress his laugh. Or, that was Krist's finger brushed his cracked lower lip, maybe he was comparing their lips and wondering why Gawin's seemed soft. 

His smile had a pull on Gawin, sending him full of energy though he had to stay up late and get up earlier every day.

Like his favorite coffee.

Gawin doesn't like sweets, but Krist really likes them, just look at the way him staring at the bakery counter over there with shining eyes, his face was radiant like a child. Krist ordered himself a jelly cheesecake, and chose a chocolate cake for the other.

'Really? This is my first time having the chocolate cake for breakfast.'

"These two are the best-selling cakes at Buttercup." Krist winked, then he took off the coat and placed it neatly on the chair next to him, maybe he already considered it his, just as Gawin's wish.

"I'll turn a blind eye just for today, you eat too much sweets, your teeth start decaying again."

"This is nothing compared to before." Krist pouted, making his double chin appear. Gawin had to restrain himself from touching that. The two pieces of cake were brought to their table with two cups of coconut coffee. Gawin was afraid that he would not be able to finish the cake because of the sweetness, but it was delicious, the chocolate as soft as cotton candy melted in his mouth, giving him satisfaction. 

Buttercup is right next to The Blooming Gallery - this would be the latest note in Gawin's diary. He wouldn't mind remembering a few more things, even many other things, as long as they were related to Krist.

The phone vibrated while he was sipping the coconut coffee. Inn seemed like he's just woken up. 

"Where did you go so early this morning?" 

"I'm having breakfast." 

"Leave me at home and go alone?"

Gawin saw Krist perking up his ear while sucking on the straw. Krist acted as though he was not listening at all, Gawin should also act like he didn't know that the other was curious. The taller guy was trying hard not to chuckle, "Sleep a bit more, maybe ai'Podd will come over soon."

The truth is... Podd wouldn't come, only him buying breakfast for his friend at home, but Gawin still said that to reassure Krist, the proof was his eyebrows easing instantly and his eyes shifting to the cake on the plate after hearing that. Gawin ignored the yawning of his friend on the other end by ending the conversation. 

Krist raised his head and looked at Gawin as soon as he put the phone in his pocket, "Is that the friend you mentioned yesterday? I thought your closest friend is P'Podd?"

"I'm close with both of them, but confiding with Inn is easier than with Podd, do you want to meet those two some days?" The invitation seemed normal, but it wasn't normal at all because the one inviting was Gawin.

"Of course!" 

'I want to get to know your friends, I also want you to know my friends.'

Gawin felt that the corners of Krist's lips and eyes were smiling. The sun came through the glass window where the two of them was sitting, making his hair look softer. He wanted to stay a little longer but he knew Krist had to go to the company, it wasn't too early for the smaller guy to hang around with him anymore.

"Let's go, I'll take you to the company."

"Eh, are you open the clinic late today?"

"It's okay, as long as you're not late." Krist immediately smiled brightly, wearing the coat, then he gently stopped the other who was taking out the card from his wallet. "Let me treat you today. Next time, treat me when we go to The Blooming Gallery."

'Is that an invitation?' Gawin told himself.

That "next time" would come soon.

...

When he got home, Inn was sitting in the kitchen, slurping noodles. He lifted his head and gave Gawin a suspicious look when the owner placed a carton of yogurt and bread bought at the convenience store on the table. "You dress up nicely and go out to have breakfast, but bring me these things?"

"Normally I only have these things for breakfast." Gawin sat down with the phone in his hand, waiting for a message from Krist but maybe the guy was busy. 

Gawin then put the phone down and got up, getting himself a glass of water.

'I think I forgot my waller on your car!' 

Inn's voice rang out.

"Hey, why you read my message?" Gawin turned to face Inn's questioning expression.

With the keen sense of a police officer, it took Inn less than two seconds to read the sender's name, "Krist? Sounds like a guy's name?"

Gawin swallowed nervously, "Yes... it's a guy." 

"New friend? Why don't you tell me?"

"Soon I will..." Gawin picked up the phone, not letting Inn peek at it. 

The glass of water was filled but he completely forgot to drink. All the beginnings were not easy, and Gawin understood that even if there was a beginning between Krist and him, he should not let Podd and Inn know at the same time, not now.

'I'll go find and bring it to you.' 

Gawin was about to click the send button but Krist's reply came faster.

'I saw it... it fell out of my pocket when I took off the coat, sorry ~!'

'Silly.'

This time, Inn caught a warm, tender smile on the face of his friend. His smile was as stupid as the smile of people who have just fallen in love.

...

Gawin had a follow-up appointment with a female client this morning, so he also drove Inn to the clinic. He planned to close his clinic today after the examination for that patient and then took Inn to visit here and there in Bangkok. His friend has a great interest for flowers and plants, now he was engrossed in watering all the potted plants outside the balcony. Gawin turned on the TV, switching to the music channel, and started cleaning the clinic. He glanced at the screen occasionally to see who was singing. The taller guy knew that it wasn't easy to catch Krist on TV because he was a drummer, not an idol or a singer, but he still wanted to see him. All of sudden, Nanon's voice rang out, making Gawin raise his head immediately, this was not a new song, but he knew the whole melody because he has heard it for so many times.

Krist appeared only a few seconds in the music video, but his face continued lingering in Gawin's mind, strongly and infatuatedly. After all the time listening until the song became familiar, he finally found the definition that he wanted to use to describe Krist. No longer a freshly first impression, he looked at Krist on the TV screen attentively like an artist looking at his muse, with a smile like a cup of coffee on a sunny afternoon and eyes like ocean, he could inwardly exclaim how "ethereal" Krist is.

"Oh hoh, this song is very popular these days. My sister listens to it a thousand times a day." Inn returned with an empty watering can. He was searching his memory to find the name of the singer performing this song, but Gawin softly uttered a name that Inn was sure not the name that his sister once mentioned.

"Krist."

That's Krist, the guy playing drums in the MV, with light brown copper hair, sharp jawline and ecstatic eyes. He's the new friend who has recently appeared in Gawin's stories.

Whenever the taller guy calls his name, he is always gentle, in an odd way.

Podd met Inn at lunch, the three of them spent the afternoon visiting the museum, buying a few things. When it turned dark, they went to Lost & Found and decided to get drunk. Thai young people go to pubs as often as they go to coffee shops, drinking beer has become a part of their culture. After nine, Lost & Found was filled with people. Unlike other places, it was a lounge bar, so the atmosphere was more comfortable. The murmurs of couples and groups talking replaced the loud music, the mild lights expressed the relaxation, and the scent of alcohol not too intense to make anyone dizzy.

Right now, when almost all the stories among friends were told, Inn was tipsy and Podd was chatting with the lady at the next table. Meanwhile, Gawin was staring at the text message that Krist just sent him two minutes ago.

'I'm also at Lost & Found.'

He glanced around the tables, but because the lights were dimmed and there were so many people, he could not see Krist. The phone vibrated once again, at the same time, he shifted his eyes to the second floor, he spotted Krist with chocolate brown hair looking down at where he was sitting. 

'Did he dye his hair again?'

Krist seemed to be with many others, Bright was behind him, with his arm resting on the railing. 

Gawin thought he wouldn't feel uncomfortable, but he still was.

Krist smiled at him, then quickly lowered his head typing something on his phone, Gawin could not take his eyes off of the smaller guy until the phone in his hand vibrated again, notifying a new message.

'The handsome man sleeping on your shoulder is Khun Inn, right?'

'Inn is not leaning on me, Krist, he's leaning back in the chair, not my shoulder, but... Bright's hand draping over your waist is real. I don't want to act like I'm not jealous, it's not important anymore.'

'Come down here, Krist!' 

Gawin hit the send button fast. His eyes gazed at Krist intently since the other lowered his head to read the message, Krist then said something to Bright and his other friends, standing up and heading towards the wooden stairs down to the first floor. 

The alcohol made Gawin crazy enough to start counting Krist's steps...

...that Krist needed thirty eight steps to appear in front of his sight.

Podd was a bit surprised when seeing Krist showing up at their table and greeting him. This was the second time he met Krist. Compared to his simple appearance that day, Krist looked much more mature and attractive tonight, his body emitted a faint alcoholic smell. Podd happily pulled Krist to the empty chair on his side, but Gawin was faster, he lifted the pillow next to him and placed it on his lap, and Krist obediently sat in that empty seat. The smaller guy excitedly shook hands with Podd as if he had dozens of topics to share.

Inn was awakened by Krist's voice. He lifted his dizzy head to look at Krist, hand rubbing his tired neck. Almost immediately, Inn knew it was Krist before the other could even say his name.

Inn recognized that sharp jawline and those ecstatic eyes of Krist.

'It was the drummer in that MV...'

[END CHAP 12]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 74 6
Thanks for coming into my life Thanks for making me smile like crazy Thanks for making me happy Thanks for everything Take care of yourself until we...
211K 4.9K 55
โ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. โž kate martin x fem! oc
72.4K 789 19
The Mighty Ducks imagines The shorter ones will have a gif and only the characters name in the title. The longer ones will have: title || name
308K 18.4K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong