incandescent. 𝖆𝖛𝖆𝖙𝖆𝖗: �...

By gabiwrld

⁀➷ ⋆˚₊ [💧] ˚* · ° ◌ ❝writing a slow burn is quite literally going to kill me,❞ 𝖎𝖓 𝖜𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖍, fire and wat... More

incandescent
prologue
book I
chapter¹
chapter²
chapter³
chapter⁴
chapter⁵
chapter⁶
chapter⁸
chapter⁹
chapter¹⁰
chapter¹¹
chapter¹²
chapter¹³
chapter¹⁴
chapter¹⁵
chapter¹⁶
chapter¹⁷
chapter¹⁸
chapter¹⁹

chapter⁷

414 28 120
By gabiwrld

he cut her hair???

a/n: don't forget to vote and comment!!

warning: violence?, slightly unconscious aang, fainting, talking about a dead parent, little cute moment at the end :3

💧✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼💧

authors pov

01:17 PM. KYOSHI ISLAND

y/n and katara look up from hearing the bell, alarming through kyoshi island. 

"aang," katara says, shaking his shoulder. but the avatar remains with his eyes closed and his arrow, still glowing. 

"stay with him," y/n says, jogging over to the end of the mountain. she sees a dark coloured ship, realising who it's from. "this is not good," she says, looking back at her sister. katara shakes aang's shoulder again, harder this time. 

"you need to come back now! where are you?"

💧

it's been a few minutes and y/n and katara have heard no commotion. 

"i'm going to look again, okay?" y/n says, making katara nod. katara keeps her eyes on aang, hoping and pleading that he'll come out in whatever state he is in so that they can help defend the village. 

y/n makes it to the edge of the mountain, her eyes looking with amber ones. keahin is looking straight at her. 

she hardens her gaze, but sees how he's faltering until zuko stands beside him, his nostrils flaring. 

"katara," y/n says, turning back at her sister. katara looks at her sister, scared. "how much better do you think you are at waterbending?"

"slightly better...why?"

"you ready to put it to the test?"

💧

"water girl," keahin smiles, looking up and down at y/n as she's holding her stance. no matter how attractive he is, she will not falter. well, not yet, anyway. "look, i don't want to do this. you seem wise enough that you know that i'll win,"

y/n knows he will. he looks strong. she can see the muscles in his arms from here. 

"i am going to stop you," she says, holding her stance. "and i am protecting the village," along side, the kyoshi warriors, some of the towns people, her brother and her sister. 

"you?" keahin says, tilting his head with a taunting smile. "alright, wise girl. it's your funeral,"

keahin blasts fire towards y/n, who brings up a water shield to defend herself. she waves her hand towards him, shooting three water blasts towards him and he blocks them with his flames, with ease.  

he's not planning to kill her. or hurt her for that matter, he just wants her to run away. then he won't have to continue this. and she's too pretty to hurt. 

he kicks towards her, flames exiting his feet and slicing through her long brown hair. y/n reaches up to her head with a gasp, feeling how short it has gotten. 

she breathes deeply, looking at him. what did she expect, he's from the fire nation. she brings up her hands, the droplets in the ground following her command. she brings her hands up, slicing through the air. 

keahin ducks, warming up his hands so when the water touches him, it turns to stream. y/n continues, before keahin blasts her to the ground. 

y/n grabs the dirt in her hands, her heartbeat rising and her chest rising and falling quickly. he keeps a flame in his hand, looking down at her. 

"look. i'm so-" avatar kyoshi jumps down from the sky, landing between y/n and keahin. y/n looks at the past avatar, wide eyed. she looks strong...amongst other things. 

kyoshi uses her fan, to push keahin far back away from y/n. y/n's mouth hangs open as kyoshi turns to her. the avatar bows her head, before flying up into the sky to save the rest of the village. 

y/n scrambles to get up, seeing keahin groaning as he hit a tree trunk. she's not going to help him. he cut her hair. 

the only reason why she kept her hair so long is because of her mother. her mother's hair was long and beautiful. she would always braid different sections when she was young, before her mother...passed away. 

she looks at him, before running off, trying to find her brother, sister, aang and her way back to the village. 

💧

"y/n!" said girl turns, opening her arms and catching her sister in them. 

"are you okay?" y/n asks, checking over her. 

"yeah, yeah," besides the fact, that she almost beat the fire prince and a past avatar helped her.  "are you?" katara asks. but then notices y/n's hair. "w-what happened?" she reaches up, feeling the heat from it. 

"an angry firebender," y/n mutters, remembering how she'll need to style her hair differently now. "but it's fine. my hair will grow again. come on. we need to find sokka and aang,"

katara nods, the two sisters holding hands and running through the woods. they can't see any other firebenders as they run, finding the edge of the wood and the start of the village. 

they hide behind a house as they see avatar kyoshi lash out a blinding light which makes the fire nation soldiers run away with screams of terror. 

and as the light starts to fade, avatar kyoshi is replaced with aang who faints landing on the gravel and rocks. 

"aang!" katara runs out, her older sister after her. aang grunts, getting up, looking around. 

"i'm okay," he says, y/n helping him up. suki, yukari and sokka all run over to them as well. the townspeople, coming out of their hiding places. "this is all my fault. i brought this here,"

"which is why you have to go. now," suki says, looking at all four of them. 

"we can't just leave you," sokka says to her. 

"they want the avatar; not us," suki says to him. 

"there's nothing here that we've lost that can't be replaced," yukari says to aang. "and you've given us something far more valuable in return. a reason to believe again in our village, in ourselves..." she looks over to her daughter who gives her a cheeky smile. "and in the avatar," yukari bows, giving the cue for all the other members of the village to bow to the avatar, the the three watertribe siblings too. 

aang smiles, looking around then gives them a bow. 

"nice job, avatar," katara teases, punching his arm softly. sound and conversation erupts from the crowd, aang looking around and talking to people. 

minho taps y/n on the shoulder, making her look at him with a smile. 

"hey,"

"hey, minho," she say and then gasps, surprisingly when he gives her a hug. y/n smiles, hugging him back. 

"i'm sorry if i made you uncomfortable," he starts, letting go of her. "when i asked if you were single,"

"no, it's okay," y/n shrugs. "it's just a question,"

"and when i took my top off infront of you," he flushes, looking down. 

"it's okay," y/n smiles. "honestly,"

"oh, okay okay," minho mumbles, looking around. "i know you have to leave but here," he hands her a brown woven bracelet with a blue painted flower on it. "it doesn't mean anything...like about love, or likeness or stuff. but if fate will let us, i'd like to see you again,"

y/n smiles, her eyes closing. 

"i'd like that. i'd like that a lot,"

💧

"bye!" y/n looks back as appa rises into the air, his fluffy big tail gliding through the wind. 

"safe travels!"

"come back if you can!"

she smiles, turning back, sitting back on appa comfortably. she looks at the bracelet on her wrist, not realising the fan in sokka's hand. her hair, with help from minho, has a blue ribbon decorated through it. she touches it, hating the firebender that did it to her. well, hate is a strong word. dislike is better. 

noticing the fan, she smiles. 

"so," she starts. "does this mean you don't want to go home anymore?"

"and you let you guys have all the fun?" sokka teases, making a face. katara laughs softly, looking out to the sky. "besides, someone's got to help the kid. i got a feel that this could get tough for him. zuko clearly isn't going to give up, and he's dangerous,"

"and that other firebender too," katara says. "the one that cut off y/n's hair,"

"oh," sokka says, actually realising that something's different with his sister. "that's why you look different,"

"thank you for realising, boomerang boy,"

"of course, water fiend," sokka smiles cheekily, making y/n roll her eyes and katara laugh again. "hey!" sokka says, tapping aang's arm. the airbender turns, looking back at him. "nifty trick you pulled back there, channelling scary lady," y/n thinks back to avatar kyoshi. she is scary...amongst other things. "does this mean we'll be seeing more of her?" please be yes. 

"kyoshi said i can only call upon one of the past avatars when i'm in their shrines," aang says to the water tribe siblings as he faces them properly. 

"did she tell you anything else?" y/n asks. 

"we need to get to the northern water tribe because something terrible is going to happen there. something only i can stop,"

y/n nods slowly, taking in the information. 

"alright, north it is, then," sokka says, giving aang a smile. "we just got to get there before the firebenders catch up to us,"

"the waterbending masters there are the best in the world," katara speaks up, trying to stop the frown on aang's face. "they can train you,"

"so don't worry, kid," sokka says. 

"you are not doing this alone," y/n says, giving him a smile. 

"exactly!" sokka says. "you have me, y/n, katara and this flying ball of fur," he says, putting his hand down on appa. "what more do you need?" momo flies on sokka's head, making the boy sigh. "really?" he mumbles, y/n, katara and aang laughing. 

and that's all the needed after a very long forty eight hours. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.7K 3.2K 18
- "All I want to do is be more like me and be less like you." - Y/n always searched for an escape as little, always feeling captured by the past. - "...
67.8K 3.7K 27
GIVE ME LOVE | ❛ you know, fire-boy, with all this stalking, I'm starting to think you like me! ❜...
26.9K 866 24
☄. *. ⋆: ̗̀➛ 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 ↳ ❝𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚, 𝙞 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙤𝙛...
384K 10.8K 44
there is seriously no Toph x reader books so im making one enjoy people