incandescent. 𝖆𝖛𝖆𝖙𝖆𝖗: �...

By gabiwrld

⁀➷ ⋆˚₊ [💧] ˚* · ° ◌ ❝writing a slow burn is quite literally going to kill me,❞ 𝖎𝖓 𝖜𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖍, fire and wat... More

incandescent
prologue
book I
chapter¹
chapter³
chapter⁴
chapter⁵
chapter⁶
chapter⁷
chapter⁸
chapter⁹
chapter¹⁰
chapter¹¹
chapter¹²
chapter¹³
chapter¹⁴
chapter¹⁵
chapter¹⁶
chapter¹⁷
chapter¹⁸
chapter¹⁹

chapter²

830 35 110
By gabiwrld

the fire nation has arrived

a/n: i wanna give y/n freckles :)

remember to press the star and comment!

warning: violence, weapons, slight crying, harm, fighting,

💧✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼💧

authors pov

10:41 AM. THE SOUTHERN WATER TRIBE

"don't tell me you're showing him our secret waterbending spot?" y/n asks with a laugh, coming out of her hiding spot. 

katara drops the water she was trying to bend and aang jumps up, not sensing the girl around him. 

"ugh!" katara whines. "you need to stop that!"

"i don't think i'm ever going to stop," y/n smiles as she waves to aang. "hi, i'm y/n,"

"hi! i'm aang," he smiles. "are you a waterbender like your sister?"

"i am," y/n can't help but smile. this kid is just so cute!

"and she's so much better than i am," katara mutters in annoyance. y/n sticks her tongue out at her baby sister, walking over to her and nudging her. 

"where are the other waterbenders?" aang asks with innocence in his eyes. "are they going to practice with you?"

katara and y/n look at each other before looking back at aang.

"we're the only waterbenders left in the village," katara says. "sokka doesn't like when we practice so we come and hid here because no on goes here. he's worried that the fire nation will find out and..."

"and what?"

"and kill us, aang," y/n says, looking at the boy. "we're the last waterbenders of this tribe because they've killed all the others,"

"sokka just doesn't understand," katara says. "we're warriors. we should be able to do more for our people,"

aang looks at the girls, nodding. 

"the monks told me that bending is about energy and balance," he starts, pushing his hands towards him. "by feeling the energy around you, you can find the balance. by finding the balance, you can feel the energy," aang pushes his hands towards a part of the abandoned fire nation ship, airbending the snow off it. 

katara looks over at y/n who nods at her. she can do this. the younger waterbender turns to the puddle, lifting her hands up. 

water follows her form, creating a small sphere. she holds it above her hands, with a smile on her face. 

"nice!"

"keep going, katara," y/n smiles. she would join her, but this is her sister's moment. 

"i'm not even trying," katara says, looking at them both. 

"that's good. you just have to let go," aang nods. y/n spots the fire kingdom ship. katara sees it too, the water ball dropping as the girl gasps. "y/n? katara?"

aang turns to see what they're looking at, his eyes going wide. 

💧

"sokka!" katara says, running through the wolf cove with aang and y/n behind her. "sokka, the fire nation. they're-"

"i know," sokka says, cutting her off. he quickly looks at his siblings, seeing that they look both okay. "we spotted them," he drops the sack of weapons onto the snow. "get to your post now!" he yells at the younger kids in the water tribe. aang watches them confused, as they all take a weapon. 

"sokka, the racks-"

"get them loaded,"

💧

"i don't understand. why are they here?" katara asks, tying up some of sokka's amour. water tribe uniform. it dark blue in colour and cold to the touch. "after all this time, what could they possibly want?"

"beats me," y/n says, looking for sokka's boomerang. she can't find it. 

"him," gran-gran says, walking over to her grandchildren. "he's more than the last airbender. aren't you?" aang turns to face gran-gran. "you are the avatar,"

"seriously? come on, gran-gran. that..." y/n falters as she sees the look on aang's face. 

"aang?" katara questoins. 

"i knew he was hiding something!" sokka spits. "when the world needed the avatar the most, he vanished because he's a coward. he ran and people-"

"sokka," y/n says, looking over to him. her glare makes him cower and suck his teeth. 

"sokka," one of the water tribe kids says, running to the family and aang. "sokka, they've landed," he nods, looking at his sisters. "you need to go hide. both of you,"

"sokka, you're not-"

"dad, put me in charge," sokka states. "and i'm not loosing any of you. go hide. now," he walks off, the air getting colder. 

"come on, aang," y/n mutters. "i'll show you another hiding space," y/n holds katara's hand, rubbing her thumb over it. aang nods, silently following the two. 

💧

"i am prince zuko," zuko says, his amour on and ready. the rest of the forty one division with him. and his cousin. keahin. his cousin from his mother's side. ozai has never seen keahin as a proper part of his family. and keahin completely hates ozai. oh yeah, it's real bad. but it's completely fair. i think. "firstborn son of fire lord ozai. we have no desires to take your homes. we merely seek someone who does not belong here. someone who is not one of you. turn him over now or i'll burn this place to the ground,"

keahin is here to support his cousin. but he doesn't want to hurt anyone. so he won't hurt anyone. but he'll protect his cousin. at all and any costs. 

sokka looks through the gaps of the goat, gritting his teeth. he turns around, not even glancing at his sisters. 

"where is he?"

"sokka, you can't do this. you can't give him to them," katara says, grabbing his arm. "he doesn't belong here,"

"but it's wrong," y/n says. "you know that. come on, sokka!"

"what i know," sokka starts, continuing with his stride. "is that dad told me to protect the village,"

"yes, but remember what mom told us too," y/n says, standing infront of him. his resolve starts to break. "do you remember? she said we have to take care of people who can't protect themselves,"

"he's lost everything he knows, sokka," katara says. "sokka, don't you see? he's the avatar!"

"and he lied to us about it!" sokka shouts. 

"look," y/n starts, breathing out through her nose. "you are my baby brother. the responsibility dad gave you has been hard on you. so, so hard on you. he should have given it to me as the oldest. but he didn't," a clear drops from the male's eye. "why? because you have the skills of a leader; you hunt, you help, you make us survive. but there are other things we need. we need hope, sokka. we need something to live for. and aang is that. aang is the avatar; he is literally the definition of hope. please don't give him up,"

sokka looks at his older sister than his younger one. 

"please,"

💧

he opens the hut, aang's hiding in with the rest of the elders. and some of the younger children who haven't learnt how to fight yet. 

katara runs over to aang, standing next to him. sokka looks at them both before sighing through his nose. he's doing this for them. he walks past them, reaching for his weapon. 

💧

sokka opens the gate softly, seeing the small fire nation army. y/n, katara and aang hide behind the gate, watching him. 

y/n spots the male next to the firstborn prince. who is he? 

"i am sokka," sokka stand firm, gripping his weapon in his hand. "son of hadoka. lord of, uh, snow and ice. on behalf of the water tribe village of wolf cove, i demand that you leave immediately!"

"if this is the path you've chosen," zuko starts as keahin shakes his head softly, his black curls bouncing, under the helmet. "then so be it,"

the forty first division get ready to bend, which makes sokka panic. 

"let's settle this between us!" he says, making zuko turn around. "leader to leader. you really need an army? i thought you firebenders had more guts,"

"why would you say that?" y/n mutters, banging her head against the gate. 

"are you seriously going to fall for that?" keahin mutters, standing next to his cousin. zuko takes a glance at keahin, scoffing. 

"there is just so much more honour when i beat him, keahin," zuko says to his older cousin who shrugs, letting him do what he pleases. "i accept," zuko says, firing his bending at sokka who ducks just in time. 

he scrambles, getting up using his boomerang to try and swing at zuko but zuko being prepared for this, ducks without challenge. he kicks, jumping up, hitting sokka in the face with his flames. sokka falls back with a grunt, moving out the way again from zuko's fire. 

he gets up, running away trying to get to the gate but zuko blasts fire his way, making the gate explode and sokka fall to the ground with a cough. 

y/n holds katara as they both fall to the ground, their mittens covering their faces. 

"who needs an army now?" zuko taunts, walking over to the water tribe male with his cousin and army behind him. zuko brings up his hand, flames burning bright to burn him. 

y/n's brown eyes go wide in fear. she can't lose her baby brother. she brings her hands up, splashing water at zuko who splutters, almost choking on it. keahin looks over to his cousin, making sure that he is okay, before looking at the girl. who is she? 

their eyes lock, heartbeats syncing. 

as a reflex, he lets his hands warm up to let fire free from them but a massive gust of wind throws the fire nation back. zuko and keahin fall to the ground, keahin protecting zuko from the fall.

"leave him alone!" aang shouts. the army charges at the last airbender, who flies over them with such skill. 

"would you look at that..." keahin mutters, looking at aang. 

"it can't be," zuko says, looking up in disgust. zuko gets up, kicking towards aang, letting fire free from his feet. aang blocks all the attacks without falter, a small explosion halting the fight. 

the fire nation army put their spears up, aang staying in defensive position. 

rocks and other items are thrown towards the fire nation army, making them grunt and put their hands up to protect themselves. 

the younger members of the tribe are defending their tribe. their home. sokka looks at them with pride.

"enough games," zuko mutters. "burn the whole place to the ground,"

"no!" aang says, standing in the way. "i'll go with you. just leave them alone. i'm the one you're looking for,"

"get him,"

"what about the waterbender?" keahin whispers to his cousin. zuko's nose twitches as he looks over to y/n. 

"and her too," he points at y/n. 

"wait, what?" y/n's eyes go wide as she's pushed toward aang.

"no!" katara and sokka say, trying to get to their sister. but are stopped by the fire nation army. 

"it's fine," y/n says, to her siblings with a sad smile. "i'll be okay. i'll be back. protect each other,"

tears threaten to fall from katara's eyes as sokka looks at his sister in shock. he's meant to protect her. his dad told him to protect his sisters, why is she always the one protecting him?

"no one has ever fought for me before," aang says to sokka. "i think you're the bravest person i've ever met," 

aang smiles at the younger water tribe siblings before turning to face zuko. y/n takes his hand, both of them walking slowly away. 

zuko snatches aang's staff from him, smiling in victory. but keahin keeps his eyes on the oldest water tribe sibling girl. 

she's got a pretty face. long dark brown hair, freckles scattered across her face. kind brown eyes. but is that all she is?

y/n takes a glance at the older fire bender. black curly hair, amber eyes, a beauty mark above his left eyebrow. he's pretty. and she's sure that's not all he is. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 235 15
" 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞, 𝐚𝐰𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐩𝐞�...
14.5K 478 64
Earth Fire. Air. Water. My great-grandmother tells me stories about the old days, a time of peace, when the Avatar kept balance between the Earth Kin...
26.9K 866 24
☄. *. ⋆: ̗̀➛ 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 ↳ ❝𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚, 𝙞 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙤𝙛...
802K 17.3K 65
Guys, I love you, but stop reading this story. It's poorly written. I am slowly uploading the revision version on the account herewerock. You will fi...