Dusk's Embrace

By African__Aphrodite

In a world where mortals coexist with various classes of supernatural beings, EVERMORE ACADEMY, stands as a s... More

CHAPTER 1- REVA WALTER
CHAPTER 2- WHEN DEVILS MEET
CHAPTER 3- THE ALLURE OF DESIRE
CHAPTER 4- UNVEILING RESENTMENT
CHAPTER 5- THE PERFECT MATE!
CHAPTER 6- AWKWARD MOMENTS
CHAPTER 7- CLASH OF EGOS
CHAPTER 8- THE MORE YOU RESIST
CHAPTER 9- WAKING A SLEEPING BEAST
CHAPTER 10- UNEXPECTED KISS
CHAPTER 11- THE THREAT
CHAPTER 12- UNSETTLING ENCOUNTER
CHAPTER 14- A TASTE OF HER DARK SIDE
CHAPTER 15- FULL MOON NIGHT
CHAPTER 16- EDGAR'S RETURN
CHAPTER 17- HIS LADY
CHAPTER 18- HEALING THE POISON
CHAPTER 19- OLD MEMORIES
CHAPTER 20- WALKING DOWN MEMORY LANE
CHAPTER 21- AN UNPREDICTABLE BEING
CHAPTER 22- THE GANDOR'S ATTACK
CHAPTER 23- DOES SHE FEEL THE SAME?
CHAPTER 24- HIS LITTLE OBSESSION
CHAPTER 25- WEAKNESS IS NOT AN OPTION
CHAPTER 26- PLAYING WITH FIRE
CHAPTER 27- ANOTHER DARKER SIDE
CHAPTER 28- PAINFUL CONFESSION
CHAPTER 29- MONSTERS ARE MADE, NOT BORN

CHAPTER 13- THE SOUL TRAP

4 2 0
By African__Aphrodite

Everyone around gasped as Vesper's slap echoed loudly in the hallway. The sound reverberated through the air, drawing attention from curious onlookers. The sudden act shocked the crowd, their faces filled with a mixture of astonishment and disapproval.

"Did she just slap him?"

"How dare her?!"

"She's dead meat now!"

Loud murmurs and whispers rippled through the corridor as the witnessing students exchanged their thoughts and judgments. Vesper's action had annoyed many of them.

Vesper, feeling unremorseful, exhaled deeply as if attempting to release the anger that had consumed her. She cast her gaze on Vernon, whose eyes now held a dangerous glint of fury.

Fear immediately gripped Vesper's heart as she saw the murderous look he directed at her.

Reacting swiftly, she stood up, and Vernon did the same.

"Apologize!" Vernon muttered through gritted teeth, his dark eyes transforming into an abyss of blackness.

Vesper felt an overpowering darkness entering her. Her green eyes changed into dark ones like Vernon's. It was as if an unseen force had taken hold of her, causing her actions to become involuntary and beyond her control.

"I'm sorry, Master" Vesper managed to say, her voice carrying a hint of submission, as she offered a slight bow.

Satisfied by her submission, Vernon's lips curled into a devious smile.

"What a good girl" He reached out and patted her hair before turning away, leaving Vesper standing there.

As Vernon distanced himself, the spell that had held Vesper captive began to fade. The veil lifted from her eyes, and she regained control of her faculties. Confusion washed over her, leaving her disoriented and questioning her actions.

"What am I doing here?" she mumbled, staring around.

Suddenly, like a bolt of lightning, the events of the past few moments struck Vesper's mind. Her eyes widened in disbelief as the realization hit her with full force.

"Did I just apologize to that jerk?" she gasped.

••••••

"Who the fuck does he think he is?" Vesper mumbled angrily as she banged the door of her room loudly.

"What's up, sis?" The guy lying down on a bed said, eating some snacks.

Vesper's face turned to a frown as she turned to see her cousin, Miles, lounging on her bed.

"What are you doing here, Miles?" she frowned.

"Come on, that's no way to welcome your bro" he grinned, unaffected by her annoyance. She rolled her eyes in response.

"You know you can't keep barging into my room whenever you like."

"Your roommate wasn't here, so I figured it was okay to stay here for a while" Miles responded casually. "By the way, why were you growling?" he asked curiously.

"Please don't ask about that" Vesper frowned and sat down beside him.

"My senses are telling me you got into trouble."

"You won't believe it, but that cold jerk touched my ass" Vesper confessed, her anger resurfacing.

"Wow! What a lucky guy!" Miles drooled teasingly.

"Sometimes I wonder if you're my cousin" Vesper muttered, glaring at him.

"I just had to say the truth, sis" he winked.

"Okay, time to use the door!" She said, pointing at the door.

"No, please let me stay" he pleaded, holding her hand.

"Now!" Vesper ordered with a mean look, and Miles reluctantly got up.

As Miles opened the door and stepped outside, he couldn't resist the urge to tease her once more. He peeked his head back in to say something.

"I think you should sign up for an ass contest" he said mischievously.

"Miles..." Vesper screamed and tossed a pillow at him.

Miles chuckled and ran off. Vesper released a long sigh, putting her headphones on. She lay on her bed and let music drown her thoughts.

<FEW DAYS LATER~PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE>

"Hi, mum" Lucinda smiled as she entered her mother's office.

Principal Hazel paused her work to acknowledge her daughter's presence.

"My sweet baby" she smiled back, placing her pen down and giving Lucinda her full attention.

Peeking her cheeks, Lucinda's mother returned the sweet gesture.

"How's my little witch doing?" Principal Hazel asked affectionately.

"I'm not little anymore, Mum" Lucinda rolled her eyes.

"You will always be my little Luci" Principal Hazel replied, playfully pulling her cheeks.

"You're pretty busy" Lucinda remarked as she observed the piled files on the desk.

"Yeah! Evermore won't run itself" she chuckled.

"You seem to be in good spirits with Reva lately" Principal Hazel said, turning her attention back to her work.

"Do you have to spoil this mood with her name?" Lucinda scoffed.

"Sorry about that, buttercup" she apologized.

"You're forgiven" Lucinda responded, settling herself regally in the seat.

Principal Hazel gazed at her daughter for a moment, a silent chuckle escaping her lips as she shook her head lightly.

••••••

"That will be all for the day, everyone" the teacher announced, closing her book, and a collective sigh echoed through the classroom.

"So make sure you all do your assignment, especially you, Reva" she said, giving her a close look.

"Must you mention my name?" Reva scoffed.

"You'll be getting zero score points if I don't see yours" the teacher responded sternly, a hint of warning in her tone.

"Like I fucking care!" Reva retorted and rolled her eyes sarcastically.

"You know you're pretty smart for someone who doesn't study" Alice said to her.

"And you're dumb for someone who does all the studying" she shot back with a glare.

Alice's attention was suddenly drawn to something unusual in the atmosphere. She sensed an unspoken tension lingering among everyone. They looked strangely tired with pale looks.

"Reva, don't you think there is something weird with everyone today?" Alice whispered, her voice filled with curiosity.

Reva glanced around the classroom, her eyes scanning the faces of everyone. Slowly, she began to notice the same unease that Alice had observed, but she couldn't bring herself to care about it's cause.

"Whatever it is, that's their business, not mine" Reva replied nonchalantly, dismissing any further thought on the matter.

"Is probably because they were tired from the long lecture" Alice shrugged. "I think we should go grab a bite to eat" she smiled, getting up.

"Ugh... there is nothing like 'We'. It's just me and will always be me" Reva stated clearly.

"That's your opinion not mine" Alice responded and reached out to grab her hand, dragging her to leave the classroom.

As they walked through the corridor together, Alice couldn't shake off the feeling that something was truly wrong, but it was hard to know what it might be.

<PHOENIX'S ROOM>

Phoenix dried his wet hair with a towel as he stepped into his room. The droplets of water trailing down his bare chest, made his hot body more sexier than it was.

"You kept me waiting" he heard someone say.

Turning his gaze around, he saw Coral lying seductively on his bed.

"What the hell are you doing on my bed? And what gave you the audacity to come in here?" he demanded, his brow furrowed in a stern expression.

Coral's eyes filled with remorse as she uncovered herself from the blanket, exposing her nakedness.

"I know you're still mad at me, but please forgive me" she pleaded.

Phoenix's initial anger wavered, giving way to lust as his eyes wandered over her alluring, naked body. Desire flickered in his gaze, transforming his expression into a smirk.

In an instant, he closed the distance between them and grabbed her neck with a hint of possessiveness. The sudden pressure stole Coral's breath, leaving her gasping for air.

"You're nothing special to me, so you better know your place and never mess with me again" he said coldly and she nodded.

"I want a spoken answer!" he snarled.

"Ye..s" she choked out.

"Good!" Phoenix smiled deviously and released his grip.

Coral coughed loudly, trying to catch her breath. Without waiting for her to feel better, Phoenix seized her chin roughly and pressed his lips against hers in a commanding kiss.

"Now you have to pay for your sins" he whispered in her ear.

"It will be my honor!" she smiled mischievously.

••••••

Alice gasped for breath as she struggled to come out of her room. The weight of exhaustion bore down on her, making her legs feel wobbly and her eyes heavy with blurry sight. Every step felt like an uphill battle as she held her chest tight, her heart pounding loudly.

"I need to go to t..he infirm...ary" She whispered in stammers, her voice weakened by her rapidly fading strength.

Her body could no longer keep up with her desperate attempts to keep walking, and she passed out.

<IN THE WOODS>

"Why are you following me?" Reva snarled as she sensed Lucien's presence behind her.

"Been here all this while, Red" he replied.

"Stop calling me that!" She growled and hurled a huge fireball at him.

"You never learn" Lucien said with a smirk as he appeared in front of her.

Before Reva could think of anything, he sent her flying to the ground, but not in a rough way.

"Now you see how useless it is to try and fight me" Lucien said, approaching her with slow strides and a proud smile on his face.

Undeterred, Reva got up swiftly, ready to launch another attack, but something made her halt and they both looked up.

As they gazed up at the darkened sky, a chilling wind swirled around them. The air swayed with an unnatural energy, the scent of forbidden spells permeating the surroundings.

"A soul trap!" She gasped and Lucien nodded in agreement.

••••••

Devyn released a satisfying smile as she admired the sign she had meticulously drawn on the floor of her room. The lines glowed with a mesmerizing hue of bright blue lights, casting an otherworldly glow in the dimly lit space.

"It's finally ready" she muttered under her breath.

Reaching out, she grasped the skull dagger that lay beside her.

With a steady hand, Devyn pressed the sharp blade against her palm, allowing a thin trickle of blood to flow freely. One by one, she carefully dropped a drop of her blood on each edge of the intricate star sign she had drawn on the floor, completing the ritualistic pattern.

As the final droplets of blood merged with the lines of the symbol, a palpable shift occurred within the room. The once vibrant blue lights transformed into a deep, ominous shade of red, casting an eerie glow that seemed to fill every nook and cranny.

Shadows danced and swirled around Devyn, signifying the sense of an impending transformation.

Suddenly, the lights surged forward and started converging into her body. She threw her head back, and her dark eyes slowly transformed into a blinding whiteness, resembling the ethereal glow of the moon.

A devilish smile crept into her face as she got consumed by the dark forces she had summoned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

346K 15.3K 84
Now Complete! *** It begins with sultry dreams, a shadowed apparition relentlessly seeking the sweet heat of her body no matter how Sable resists. Po...
22.7K 1.7K 85
"You ungrateful bitch. I keep a roof over your head, and this is the thanks I get?" "You could have killed her," I retort, trying to muster up confid...
1.7M 52.7K 51
When Orla gets into the Private Lupus University, she meets people who may not be people at all. As she learns to navigate a new world of supernatura...
2.2K 120 37
Welcome to Solasta Academy, the most prestigious school for the young supernatural in the world. Be careful what you wish for...death is always aroun...