Heartdriven: Too Driven To Dr...

By F1ToRuleThemAll

Volume III in the Heartdriven series: Sebastian is entering the 2014 season of Formula One with a driving fac... More

1. Dear Sebastian
2. Dust In The Wind
3. Migraine
4. Paralyzed
5. Sticks And Stones
6. Bewitched, Bothered And Bewildered
7. The Book Of Fernando
8. Moonrise
10. The Sun And The Moon
11. Fire Walk With Me
12. Housewarming
13. Bliss...?
14. Maybe This Time
15. None The Wiser
16. The Hope That Kills You
17. Moonsick
18. Fool Me Twice

9. Sebastian Vettel And The Quest For The Pieces Of Tradition

35 3 0
By F1ToRuleThemAll

A whirlwind of 24 hours had left Alice without a break to consider her feelings. Because, in fact, this was the first time since she had last seen Sebastian, that she had left her own mind behind and just lived in the moment with him.
He was kind and thoughtful, always making her laugh. Passionate and almost as stubborn as herself, but more considerate. A tad impatient, from knowing what he wanted. Craving perfection, she found it the darndest thing that he had now chosen to spend his life with imperfection. As he was perfect himself, perhaps it was a case of opposites attract. Attract, indded. He was beautiful, handsome. Gentle features of warmth and care, lovingly and sweet. His eyes big enough to grasp the whole world, but he was only ever looking at her, with so much understanding that she felt listened to for the first time in her life. And the plush lips being a match for her own, he felt succulent and let her do so more often than they could bear, leaving them raw from her touch. His hair so soft to the touch and delicate between her fingers, he still let her play with it, run her fingers through it whenever they were intimate, pretending not to be jealous of such curls. He really let her do everything she wanted to him... and his body. He knew what to do with his body and he certainly knew what to do with hers. Every little touch felt like magic, and she had such longed for a moment of ecstasy with him, but the hours going by in a flash, they had arrived in Vegas in an urgency and Sebastian's gleeful desperation carrying her away to the point where all she wanted was for their life to begin together, as well. There was no longer any doubt that he was the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with, the man she wanted to dedicate her life to. No question of his love for her being as true as her own for him.

Sebastian held her hand, as they were finding their way through the hallways to their hotel rooms. Each their own. He had suggested already booking the honeymoon suite, but Alice felt it bad luck to stay in it before the I Dos, and just as much staying together before the wedding night.
During the long, long flight, there had been more than rest on the agenda, that apart from the honeymoon suite and separate rooms, Alice had gone through the list of traditions he would have to endure, but he was onboard with anything that made he happy. She was melting.
Las Vegas was quite a loud city, awake and a rush. The night covered in neon lights, they waited for daylight to start their order of business. Of course, Alice would need a dress. And she would not be standing at the altar looking fancy, without Sebastian looking just as much so. And then the traditions: something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. They had quite a job to get done before they could share a bed... and whatever else.

Being surprised by how calm she was being, Sebastian was still keeping an eye on her, as if he was expecting her to spiral at any moment. Perhaps she had been expecting it to come too. But being with him was easy, it felt right. And it felt scary. In the good way. No doubts, only trust, freefalling. Happiness. Don't spiral... Don't spiral... Don't spiral... Sebastian gave her a kiss on the cheek, as he had felt her hand tighten around his, and she relaxed, meeting his lips with hers.
"Where do you want to go first?", his eyes overpowered her and she melted against him.
Returning to face the street, she focused on the sidewalk to not get distracted by his gaze, "I think it would best to get the outfits out of the way first. Then we can pick the accessories that match, instead of the other way around. God knows how long it will take for you to pick a suit. You know what, maybe you should go first," chuckling to herself. 
"Whatever you say," swinging their hands back and forth, he was still in his giddy mood.
His giddiness was completely visible by the grin on his face, as she leaned her head towards him, "You like when I take charge?"
"Maybe... just don't do it too much or I will have to take you before the wedding night," he gave her shoulder a little suggestive push, making her take a step away from him. 
"Oh no, I'm scared." She returned the earlier consideration by planting her lips on his cheek, warm and slightly fuzzy.
They walked through the streets a bit more, as they started approaching stores that would look like they contained clothes.
Sebastian stopped, and looked through one of the store windows, "Have you thought about what kind of dress you want?"
"No... it doesn't have to be a wedding dress, I just want something pretty and comfortable," trying to scope through the window herself, "I think I will know when I see it. You know?"
"But I can't see it, right?"
"Exactly."
He took her other hand, holding her both and making her face him, "Just, don't think. Just feel. Pick any dress you want. For once in your life, don't look at the pricetag. Whatever you like, you shall get."
"I love you... but..."
"No, Alice."
She shook herself head, disappointed in herself for going with the 'buts' again, "Okay. I'm sorry. I love you," giving him a quick smack on the lips, "Despite your money."
They continued their walk, "I love you too. Despite your rocking ass," grabbing said attribute on her behind. 
"Sebastian!", she pulled him close by his arm, slightly embarrassed but still infatuated with his attraction to her.
"What?", he knew, of course he did, playing dumb, the idiot. He enjoyed toying with her, forcing his love on her.
Feeling her cheeks blush, "You can't say things like that in public!", even if they did have quite an effect on her.
"We're in Vegas, Alice. Look, they got some dresses in here!", trying to distract her, he dragged her with him inside. They did indeed have some dresses, nice and beautiful dresses.

Sebastian checked the store with Alice before setting her off on her own, certain she could find what she was looking for in there. He went to another store across the street to find a suit for himself, and sometimes Alice could see him through the windows like a walking distraction, and she headed to the upstairs (!!) department to continue her quest.

They had agreed to meet back at the entrance by lunch time, to get some food (and Sebastian to use his credit card) and search for more things from Alice's list. The dress alone was starting to stress her out. Not that the selections weren't nice, she just needed that one dress to pop. The personnel were sweet and kind in helping her try out some different options, but after a while, she wandered off to herself.
She wasn't picky, yet she felt such as she reached further further down there store, like looking for a needle in a haystack. Maybe they had too many options, and she just needed them to pick one for her.
She looked in a bodylength mirror, going over her body, trying to figure out what dress shape would suit her. She was a bit curvy, she didn't need it flat down over her stomach and expose her belly. She didn't mind exposing her cleavage to please Sebastian, the neckline would be no trouble. The colour didn't matter, it didn't need to be white. There wasn't much to work with in the leg area, they weren't long or short, just plain.
Her eyes caught a floofy sleeve in the reflection that caught her interest. She hadn't looked at any dresses with sleeves, but they were a little see-through and puffy, with cuffs at the wrists, and in an aisle of strap dresses, it stood out and waved at her. She touched the fabric, feeling it silky and loose, she pulled the dress out by the hanger. It wasn't exactly white, but almost. Kind of a very bright creamy pearl color. The skirt continued down with the same light fabric, making waves around, to a length below the knees. Met in the middle, it was tightened around the waist and folded over the breasts like a robe, with a deep v-neck. It was simple, not messy or distracting, just pleasant and traditional. It was perfect.
Walking all the way back to the personnel with a smile on her face, she was met with just a big as one as her own. They recognised customers with that smile.
Helping her try the dress, they explained she had wandered off to the outdated section of vintage clothing, unique dresses no longer in production. It made her worried about the price, despite agreeing with Sebastian to not consider the price, but she was told it was just a fancy description of outlet, making her feel better.
Much easier to find some fitting shoes, they had been the least of her concerns, just little flat ballet pumps in a matching colour, the rest of the day seemed easier to overcome with the weight of the dress off her shoulders. Painless.

Her little piggy bank showed up on time with a bag containing a black box; he had had some success in his shopping as well. Her curiousity made her try to sneak a peek as Sebastian was paying, but he turned his back to hide it from her, but at least he reamined unfazed by the price, so she hadn't went and spent his entire bank account. He just seemed happy she had been able to find something in the first store — or pleased with himself that the dress was found in the store he had picked.

During some planning for the rest of the day during lunch, antique shops and jewelry stores were at the top of the list, for her demands of the traditional items.
"Something new... does the dress count?", he wasn't foolish enough to think she would fall for that, but that smile on his face almost made her buy anything he was selling.
"Noo! Babe, we have to do this right!"
Having just tried on her wedding dress moments earlier, Alice had opted for a salad for lunch, and was starting to regret it. After skipping through breakfast, that little lettuce was not going to keep her full for the rest of the day, and Sebastian spotted her picking at it. "You know, this mascarpone sauce ain't half bad."
"I bet," she snarled at him.
He sighed loudly to show his annoyance, "Why did you choose the salad? You are not a bunny."
"I need to fit into my wedding dress."
Shaking his head in disapproval, "Alice, that's dumb. We are getting married tonight. You're not gonna gain enough weight to not fit it by having some proper meals. Didn't you buy it in your size?"
"Yes, well, they only had one and it fit... but...", her fork went around a tomato. 
Waving his arm up, his voice broke through the air, "Excuse me, waiter! Hi! Yes, she will have the chicken club sandwich with extra mayo and some mozzarella sticks for the both of us. Thank you." He returned to give her a smug smile.
"Sebastian..."
"No, you—", as he had interrupted her, she did it right back, "... I love you." She took his hand across the table and pulled it up to give it a kiss. "Thank you."
Smugly, he was self-satisfied that she didn't object further, "You like when I take charge too?"
"I like that you take care of me when I'm being an idiot," that was always certain, that no matter how angry he was with her, he would always take care of her... she felt safe. 
"Here," he slid his bracelet from his wrist across to hers, "Your something borrowed."
"Babe, I can't wear this."
"You don't like it?"
She pulled her hand to her chest, almost protecting her wrist with her heart, keeping the bracelet safe, "No, I mean yes! I do like it, that's not it. It's your bracelet."
"Precisely. And you can borrow it."
Stroking her fingers across the bracelet, it was braided together of strands in different shades of blue with one red line passing through,"But it's your lucky charm. Fabian made it for you, it brings you comfort."
"Maybe you need it more than me today, because I already feel like the luckiest man alive," he put on the charm with his lips pressed together like he wanted to bite them... or her. He definitely had something on his mind. 
"You're gonna make me cry." She left her seat, to hold his face between her hands for planting a kiss on his lips, just as their food arrived when she sat back down.

Letting her think of something other than the wedding planning for a moment, he distracted her by talking about the new car in the simulator. Most of the stuff went over her head, but it seemed like it was things he needed to get off his chest, before testing. If the 'feel' of the car wasn't right, it was already off to a bad start for the season, and they would need all the testing available to work on solving their problems. But he had always seemed excited to get back in the car, now he seemed more excited to be alone with her.

Having quickly visited the ladies' room before continuing their quest, she returned to Sebastian sitting at the table with his phone to his ear. Not for long, as it went down just before she sat down.
"Good news! I found us a chapel!"
"That's another thing to cross off the list," she mimed doing so. "Thank you very much!", matching his upbeat tone.
He began pulling out his wallet for the check, continuing his flow of words, "I spoke to them, to schedule the ceremony, and they agreed to let you use the back office to change into your wedding dress, so I won't see you before."
"You asked about that... you took care of that?"
He smiled with the side of his mouth, "Of course, you wanted it done right," getting up from his seat. 
"I just... you thought about that. For me." He thought about everything, he cared about everything. He listened to her and he understood. "I am so in love with you."
Pulling her up from the chair, he put his arm around her waist and held her close, "Well, that's good, since we are getting married in six hours."
"Six hours? We best be getting a move on," placing her palms on his chest to nudge him off her, "Jewellery or antique store first?"
"There's an antique store right over there," throwing his head back with a nod. 
"You think of everything, babe." And he earned himself another kiss on the cheek before their adventure continued.

The ladies at the antique store were a bit older and more... snobbery, but soon fell under Sebastian's spell when he charmed them into letting them have a look around the store freely. They had become eager to help, but Sebastian sensed the pressure it would put on her to have someone follow her around... other than himself, as he didn't venture too far from her side. He was very eager himself, suggesting anything he thought might look pretty on her, but it felt hard looking for something not knowing what. A dress was perhaps simpler, as you were looking for... well, a dress. Something old? That could be anything.
He walked up behind her and put a few things in her hair, different clippers, as one of the spellbound ladies handed them to him, having retrieved them from behind a glass enclosure. "Come," he took her hand and walked a few steps to the mirror, "They all are very nice."
"They are indeed... very nice. Thank you for helping. Thank you, ma'am. They are beautiful," she took them off one by one and put them back on the table.
Sebastian grabbed the final one and pulled her hair with it. "Ah!", she slightly shrieked.
"It's stuck," he looked inconspicuously around, "Just a moment."
"Don't pull it! Ma'am, please—", she turned to find the lady putting the clippers back in their assigned places and caught herself in the mirror again, "Wait a second..." It was a blue stained glass lotus flower with gold details, holding her hair back in a messy bun... made messier by the tanglement, but... "This could work."
"You're not just saying that because it's stuck?", he kept fumbling at it and her hair, while also checking her out in the mirror.
She put her hand to the back of her head and held his hand against her head, "No... I think. I think this is the one Sebastian."
"Which one is it? Something blue or something old?"
She turned to face him, "Do you think we can double on this one and call it both?"
"Now who wants to cut corners?", crossing his arms disapprovingly at her, "We didn't come all this way not to do it the way you wanted it. Here," having managed to keep picking at it, he got it free from her hair and handed it to her, "Let's go find you something new."
She covered her mouth, slightly tickled but mostly infatuated by him. Having thought her demands would start to get on his nerves, he seemed as eager as ever to fulfil her every need, and she watched him walk up to the counter to pay for the lotus and get its little blue box.
"Sebastian..."
"Hm?"
"I love you."
His grin widened to a smile, pehaps not expecting her constant overflow of love declarations throughout the day. "Jewellery store next?"
"Yep." She grabbed his hand but before he could walk on with her, she pulled him back and gave him a little teaser for what were to come later tonight, tasting him as much as he was tasting her. A moment longer and his cheeks would have turned the same colour as his lips. "Two to go."

No luck at the first jewellery store, they continued down the street, Alice starting to get a little sense of stress building up.
Sebastian reacted to the tensity in her hand, "Do you want to go to another antique store?"
"I don't know... we also have to get the wedding bands. How much time have we got left?", she pulled his wrist up to check his watch, "It would be easier if we could just find the rest of the stuff at the same place."
He let her wait in a moment's silence for his answer, contemplating it himself, "Should we split up and cover more ground?"
"No, you help too much for me to be able to do this on my own. The next store we find, we'll stay in until we're successful, okay?", waiting for his approval, he pulled her aside and through the door of a store.
"Fine. This one!", he was so efficient, already locating the next jewellery store while she had been having the stress built up inside.
Holding her hand tightly and slightly pulling her along with her by the glass displays, this store had a clear larger selection, and he leaned to her ear, "Remember, Alice. Anything you want," whispering discreetly. 
She leaned back to him, "You're going to spoil me."
His eyes were glistening at her and drew her into to stare back at him. The tingles she had been feeling earlier was spreading down her body as he looked into her soul. Still with a smile on his face, his eyes went deep into hers and she could feel her cheeks warm up from her south. He was standing so close, her own breath came back to her and spread as heat between them. Her hand felt across his chest before giving him a little push to take a step back, "Stop that!" She giggled and distracted herself by looking at the displays, coyly put a strand of hair behind her ear.
"I didn't do anything," trying to sound ever so innocent, he couldn't cover up his intentions as his fingers were tapping at her waist.
"Don't do that anything for a few more hours... and then you can do anything you want," she patted him twice on his cheek and he let go of her waist, grunting as he looked at the rings with her.
"I just need something like that...," he pointed at a slim gold ring.
"Yes, that's very nice. Do you want to have a look at it?"
She knew he had his mind set at it, but he still shrugged, "We can come back to it when we have found yours. Maybe you find something that doesn't match, then I can just pick another one."
Smiling at him, she took his hand again to walk along, "Just remember where it is."
"It's right here next to those blue diamonds," he pulled her hand to point. 
"Those aren't diamonds, they're crystals."
As she took a step forward, he pulled her back by staying put, "They are pretty. Have you looked at them?"
"Yes. Well, no, not properly," she returned to him, and bent over to showcase a proper search for him, "Look at that one," she pointed out a gold ring surrounded by little light blue crystals, circling it around. 
He squinted his eyes and bent down next to her, "It's tiny. Don't you want something bigger?"
"It's supposed to be tiny... if I'm going to wear it with this one," showing him the engagement ring he had given her.
"They're both blue... so they could go together. And with my gold ring. Shall we take a look at them?", trying to encourage her towards it.
Still having a bit caution about a ring she was supposed to wear every day for the rest of her life, it didn't hurt to try.  "Pretty easy when they are next to each other."
"They are, aren't they... right next to each other," giving her another one of those smiles before he let go of her hand and walked off to find the jeweller, leaving her alone with the rings to give them a once over. They did make a fine pair. Simple and slim, matching gold, hers with little crystals. 'Aquamarine', the label said, as she mouthed it.
Sebastian returned, eager to put the ring on her finger by the light on his face. It was a bit tight... she returned the favour and put his ring on his finger, it being a bit loose. But they were beautiful. The gold was clear and shiny, but it was the pale crystals that drew her in, they felt comforting and relaxing, clearing her mind.
The jeweller informed them he could have them resized within the hour and they could try them on again. That should give them time to look for the rest of the things in the store.
Sebastian looked through their bags, counting their shopping spree so far, "Bracelet... hair accessory, rings... Do you want to look at necklaces?"
Her brain froze for a moment, "Necklaces?"
"It could be your 'something new'. Unless you wanted to wear your camera necklace?", suggesting below her neck.
She grabbed by her chest, where the little camera was hiding, "Oh! No no. I always forget I'm wearing it. Of course not," shaking her head.
"I know you don't want me to know about the dress... but how much space are we talking here? How much do we have to play with?", moving his head side to side in question.
Smiling at the thought of the cleavage she had gotten for him to enjoy, she gave him a few encouraging nods, "We have a bit to play with."
His eyes travelled down her chest. She wasn't wearing a revealling shirt right now, but that didn't stop him from imagining things. She placed her hand on his chest and turned to the glass cabinets. There were a lot of excessive selections, but she didn't want it to be too distracting. Really, she just wanted to match the simple choices they had made together during the rest of the day. Simple and comfortable. But that one... that one was sexy. It was only the second cabinet she had quickly scanned through, and Sebastian seemed just as surprised as her when she didn't take a step sideways to the next one, thinking this was going to take the hour of wait they had in store.
"Which one?", he tried to search the direction she was looking.
She pointed to the chosen one, placed on the top floor of the cabinet, on a display of a necklace buste. It was rather slim, 'white gold', the card said, with little diamonds circling around the neck. In fact, it was a choker necklace. A thin diamond choker necklace.
Sebastian chuckled at the sight, "Are you sure?"
"Can I try it on?", keeping her eyes to it.
"I'll find someone."
He left her to guard the bags and the necklace, and returned with another employee than the one currently fixing their rings, presumably it was the jeweller's son, around their own age, just as agreeable as his father.
It was indeed a new necklace, not previously owned or worn, they had only received it in the store this same month. Perfect. He helped lock it around her neck as Sebastian watched from the front.
"Yes," he nodded assuredly.
She touched it nervously across her neck, "Is it alright?"
"It's perfect," he took her shoulders and turned her to face the mirror. Yes. It was. "We'll take it," he quickly informed the employee, maybe worried she was getting second thoughts about it. But she didn't even want to take it off.
She did get it off, and it was put in a fine box, ready with the rest of the things.
"One to go," she smiled and gave Sebastian a kiss on the cheek.
He exhaled with a little 'hmph', "And what are we going to do about that one? What accessories are left? 'Something blue', that could be anything."
Standing together in a moment's silence and in their thinking boxes, they were approached by the second employee again, "Apologies, I didn't mean to eavesdrop. You mentioned 'something blue'. Are you by any chance getting married?"
"Yes," Sebastian put his arm around Alice's shoulder.
The employee suggested sideways with his head for Sebastian to step aside with him, which he did, but they were still within hearing range of Alice being a little too nosey.
"I didn't want to say it in front of... a few years back, when I got married... what we did for that part...," he was considerate in his words as Sebastian listened patiently, "See, there's this tradition... you put a lace garter around the bride's thigh, so the-the groom has it as proof of... con... consummation."
"A-ha," Sebastian nodded with a frown until it clicked, "Oh!"
She couldn't help but feel a little blush and have a smile appear at that idea. She kind of liked it.
"Like I said, I didn't want to say it in front of your fiancée... but that has previously... traditionally, been a possibility of 'something blue'."
They remained away from her, Sebastian clearly pondering while the employee explained.
She walked up behind them and put her hand on Sebastian's back, "Do you know where we can get one of these lace garters?"
He seemed embarrassed that she had been listening and looked down, "There's a lingeri store across the street," clearing his throat.
"Babe," she walked back and grabbed their bags, "Can you stay here with the bags and rings while I go look?"
Sebastian nodded and almost gulped, like it had all happened so fast while he still hadn't gotten the image out of his head.
"Great," giving him a kiss on the mouth and he snapped out of it, "See you soon."
She could feel his eyes follow her as she walked out of the store. How much did a lace garter cost? She only had her own purse now, she should be able to pay for it herself. She really didn't want Sebastian to come along and spoil it. Just like the dress, there were some things she was going to keep to herself until she could reveal them to him. Tradition, tradition, tradition. And they were in the final stretch now.

The lingeri store had plenty lace garters, but only three kinds in blue. A normal frilly lace in light blue, a rather similar in white with dark blue lace around the middle met in a bow, and one with embroidered pale blue flowers. Maybe she should go with the third one, it would match the lotus. The dark one was too dark... the simple one however... it looked less delicate than the flowers, she wouldn't have to worry about taking care of it under her dress, or how careful Sebastian would be with it... She was talking herself into it, as it actually felt more traditional, and that was what the jeweller employee had said, that it was a tradition. Frilly blue laces, it was. Oh, and within her budget.

"Jackpot?"
She wrapped her arms around Sebastian, "Jackpot."
They were waiting for her in the jeweller store to try on the rings, and then they were ready to be on their way back to the hotel. And the jeweller had done a wonderful job, fitting the rings to their finger measurements, it tingled all the way up her back when Sebastian placed it on her finger and it fit. She touched her arm to balance herself out and his mouth was wide from smiling down at it. Doing the same to him, she stroked a few times across his finger, feeling where it would spend the rest of their lives in a few hours.
Everything was perfect.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 4.2K 72
Neveah casts aside her fears and starts a relationship with Spanish motorsports star, Fernando Alonso who takes both herself and her child into his h...
89.2K 2.3K 46
Sebastian Vettel has just come out of a long term relationship. All Daniel Ricciardo wants is his friend to be happy, and figures that what Seb nee...
81.3K 1.7K 41
Alice's spirit is almost broken. She lost her job and her fiancé during the lockdown. Then, in a stroke of luck, she finds herself working for McLar...
468K 13.9K 72
Caitlin lands the job of a lifetime, working as a data scientist for a major Formula1 team - the perfect escape for a girl coming off the back of a b...