[BL] Guardians of Fate

بواسطة Rainflowers94

[I waited for you my entire life... and you were worth every minute.] Ardyn Lowell normally forgets his dream... المزيد

Prelude: The Dream
Chapter 1: Demise
Chapter 2: Afterlife [1]
Chapter 2: Afterlife [2]
Chapter 3: Bewilderment
Chapter 4: Angelbay City
Chapter 5: A Magical World [1]
Chapter 5: A Magical World [2]
Chapter 6: Going Back [1]
Chapter 6: Going Back [2]
Chapter 7: The Castle [1]
Chapter 7: The Castle [2]
Chapter 8: The History [1]
Chapter 8: The History [2]
Chapter 8: The History [3]
Chapter 8: The History [4]
Chapter 9: Before The Banquet [1]
Chapter 9: Before The Banquet [3]
Chapter 10: Meeting [1]
Chapter 10: Meeting [2]
Chapter 10: Meeting [3]
Chapter 10: Meeting [4]
Chapter 10: Meeting [5]
Chapter 11: The Banquet [1]
Chapter 11: The Banquet [2]
Chapter 11: The Banquet [3]
Chapter 11: The Banquet [4]
Chapter 11: The Banquet [5]
Chapter 11: The Banquet [6]
Chapter 12: Outside The Castle [1]
Chapter 12: Outside The Castle [2]
Chapter 12: Outside The Castle [3]
Chapter 12: Outside The Castle [4]
Chapter 13: A Suspicion [1]
Chapter 13: A Suspicion [2]
Chapter 13: A Suspicion [3]
Chapter 13: A Suspicion [4]
Chapter 13: A Suspicion [5]
Chapter 14: Preparation [1]
Chapter 14: Preparation [2]
Chapter 14: Preparation [3]
Chapter 15: Evacuation [1]
Chapter 15: Evacuation [2]
Chapter 15: Evacuation [3]
Chapter 15: Evacuation [4]
Chapter 15: Evacuation [5]
Chapter 15: Evacuation [6]
Chapter 16: Before The Storm [1]
Chapter 16: Before The Storm [2]
Chapter 16: Before The Storm [3]

Chapter 9: Before The Banquet [2]

5 0 0
بواسطة Rainflowers94

"Is the soundproofing sphere activated?"

"Yes, Your Highness."

A chuckle. "No need to call me that right now, Matty. We're in a private room."

"All right, then. If you say so." The sound of a smack on the back of the head instantly resounded in the walls. "You frigging dummy! Do you have any idea how much trouble you've caused me?! And what about the near-heart attack that I suffered earlier?!"

"Ouch! Hey, have mercy on me!"

Mathias had gone straight to the private room where Evan was waiting for the other Guardians. Right now, the servants and the soldiers were taking care of last-minute preparations, so the Prince didn't have to do anything at the moment.

"Seriously..." Mathias heaved a long-suffering sigh. "I have no clue what to do. I restrained myself in front of that Otherworlder earlier, but right now I can feel my veins popping out from anger."

"Calm down. He's not the one at fault," Evan reminded him gently.

"Then who else can I blame?" Mathias said with a scowl. "You know very well what happens to this world whenever the Calamity returns, Evan. It's not pretty."

Evan's expression was somber. "Of course I know. We went on a long journey back then. All of us together. We helped all those people. We saw all the destruction. We witnessed the demon itself wreak havoc on our lands."

"Which is why this is a very serious matter!" Mathias said, rubbing his temples from stress. "I'm always prepared, but this one is far beyond my expectations. We don't even have much time left. What are we supposed to do?"

"Calm down," Evan repeated, reaching out to pat his friend on the back reassuringly. "You're usually the most logical and rational person in the group, Matty. We can get through this. I believe so."

Mathias took a deep breath. "Maybe," he said quietly. "But it's hard to focus."

"I know," Evan said gently.

"Evan. We only have about 18 hours left."

"I know."

"It's not enough."

"I know."

Mathias looked at him, crestfallen. "Why are you still so calm? So many things can go wrong, and yet you... I just can't understand."

Evan chuckled. "On the inside, I'm not so calm. But I'm a Summoner. I'm the Prince. I have to be calm at all times. I'm just good at hiding my inner turmoil."

Mathias felt an ache in his chest at his friend's words. They were the same age, only a few months apart, yet Evan was the one who always had the bigger burden on his shoulders. Being the Prince of a kingdom and being a Summoner at the same time was no easy feat.

Sometimes Mathias wondered what it would have been like if Evan were a mere commoner instead. Maybe his friend would be much happier.

Still, it was evident that no matter what, his friend was still happy and contented. He was always smiling, always gentle, and always optimistic. He was loved by many people because of this warm personality of his.

If the information about the Otherworlder ever got out, Mathias couldn't even imagine the amount of betrayal that the people would feel. Personally, he respected Evan's decisions and knew that his friend only did what was best.

But what of the people that barely knew him? Would they also understand his genuine intentions?

Not only that, but the King and the Queen would be furious. It was like being stuck in a rock and a hard place.

Mathias wondered which would be the lesser of two evils.

"Don't think too much about it, okay?" Evan said softly, interrupting Mathias' train of thought. "Let's just make the best of this situation. We can't do anything about it now. Blaming anyone will only prove fruitless. Just focus on surviving and saving the people around us. That's what I think is the most important."

Before Mathias could respond, the door to the private room suddenly slammed open. The two of them stood there in stunned silence before a figure suddenly rushed towards Evan, encasing him in a tight hug.

"Evaaaan!" a familiar voice exclaimed. "I missed you!"

"Ansel?" Evan said in delight, hugging him back eagerly. "How is it that you keep looking more handsome than the last time we met?"

Ansel laughed out loud. He was a twenty-year-old boy with chestnut brown hair and friendly brown eyes. He had this natural innocence that drew people to him unconsciously. "You only have good things to say about me whenever we meet," he remarked, though he did look pleased at being praised.

"He was so excited on our way here," someone nearby spoke up in amusement. "The carriage was practically shaking from his enthusiasm. He even said that he wouldn't miss your wedding for the world."

Evan laughed. "Thank you for coming, Gideon," he greeted, also giving the man a warm hug.

"I'm happy to see you," Gideon said with a smile. He was a tall man with dark brown hair and dark eyes. He also wore glasses which gave him a somewhat scholarly look. "I got your message and arrived as early as I could."

"Thank you," Evan said happily.

"Hey. Long time no see."

Mathias turned around at the sound of another familiar voice, having felt a hand rest on his shoulder.

"Oh, Clay!" he exclaimed. He gave the man a brief hug as a greeting. "It's been a while since we last heard from you."

"Yeah. Sorry about that." Clay rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. He was a large, bulky man with silver hair and tanned skin. His features were rigid and intimidating, but his eyes were warm. "I've been traveling a lot lately."

"What about your wife?"

"She's not my wife," Clay said, but his cheeks were flushed in embarrassment.

"Yet," Mathias said with a snicker. The others laughed along in the background.

Clay growled at them, but it was hard to get scared of him when he was still blushing furiously.

"Where's big sis Ely?" Ansel asked curiously.

"Hey, she's not 'big sis' anymore. With this banquet, she has practically become the Princess already," Clay pointed out. "So you should address her formally from now on, kid."

Evan laughed. "No worries. She won't mind whatever you call her. She's still busy discussing something with my mother, so she'll be late."

"Oh, I see," Ansel said, nodding in understanding. "What about Voss and Blade?"

"I asked them to do something on my behalf," Evan said. "They'll be here in time for the banquet. Unfortunately, they can't join this discussion right now."

The room instantly fell silent, and the tension was slowly sifting into the atmosphere. Everyone knew what they needed to talk about next, but the topic itself was daunting. They still found it hard to believe, honestly.

However, they needed to do this as soon as possible. After all, going into battle without a plan was suicide.

"Back to the matter at hand then," Clay said, his earlier embarrassment disappearing completely, replaced by his usual stern expression. "How exactly did this Otherworlder come to Angelbay City?"

Gideon's face was filled with worry. "Your Highness, are you absolutely certain that he's a foreigner from another world? There's a possibility that you might just be mistaken, right?"

"As much as I would like that to be true... no." Evan shook his head solemnly. "I am sure about this. There is no mistake."

He opened his palm and conjured a sphere from thin air. It glowed with a holy light, preventing anyone from seeing what was on the inside.

"Earlier, before I came here, I went to the royal family's private archives to confirm my suspicions, and it seems that I am indeed correct," Evan said gravely. "Once you guys see this, I'm sure that you'll agree with me as well."

He let the sphere dissipate into the air, revealing the object that was encased inside of it.

A blue butterfly.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

LUCAS بواسطة ʕ´• ᴥ•̥`ʔ

الخيال (فانتازيا)

48.7K 2.1K 21
It's a typically cliche stories but it's okay because I GOT REINCARNATED IN A BL NOVEL!! yes, you heard it right?! as a fan im looking forward to thi...
Empyreal Calamities بواسطة simpleSH29

الخيال (فانتازيا)

19 1 12
The past has a strange way of returning to haunt the present. And when this group discovers that certain events in their pasts are connected, it will...
13.8K 562 30
Haru, whose life is marked by misfortunes and disappointed hopes, is struck by an unexpected twist of fate. Just when he believed all hope was lost...
1.5K 72 20
[dreamnotfound & dTeam fantasy/superpower road trip au, 133k+ words, complete] "You're... not afraid?" His voice was barely a peep, shy gaze half-tur...