✓Rebirth: I open a supermarke...

By koushuu17

Author: Pearl No Milk Tea Link ; https://www.lakanshu.com/book/202376/ [Space + System + Apocalypse] In his p... More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54

3

691 12 1
By koushuu17

Volume 1, Chapter 3 Going Home (Page 1/3)

"You want to come back?"

Jing Jianguo's voice couldn't help but raise a few pitches when he heard that his granddaughter was going back to China.

"Yes, don't go out before I come back."

Jing Yao thought for a while and then hesitated: "And don't trust Shen Lin and the servants at home."

"I can understand not trusting Shen Lin, but the servants at home "

Grandpa, don't ask why, I'll tell you when I get back."

Jing Yao didn't want to say too much on the phone.

Seeing that his granddaughter didn't want to say more, Grandpa Jing could only agree to Jing Yao.

"By the way, Yaoyao, I cleaned up your parents' foreign objects some time ago and found that they left some things for you. I will show them to you when you come back."

Jingyao agreed and chatted with her grandfather again . After a few words, he hung up the phone.

As soon as the phone was hung up, Jing Yao started looking at the tickets for returning home.

After choosing the nearest flight ticket, start packing your luggage.

As for the school, this semester is almost over, so just ask for a leave from your tutor.

As for going back to school...it's the end of the world at that time, who cares whether you go to school or not.

The news of Jing Yao's return to China was not told to anyone except her grandfather.

As soon as she landed, she took a car and went straight to her villa in the south of the city.

"Little girl, your family already lives in a villa, and they didn't send a car to pick you up?" The

driver of the car Jing Yao took was an uncle in his fifties.

"I want to give my family a surprise."

"You young people are just good at not telling your family about your news, and then reply quietly."

Jing Yao smiled and said nothing, and the driver also noticed that Jing Yao didn't want to say anything more. , to ease the embarrassment, he turned on the car radio.

"According to the latest news from the Ministry of Meteorology, global temperatures are rising, and ice and snow in both the Arctic and Antarctic are melting..."

"Is the temperature rising again? It's the end of October and it's still so warm. This year may be a warm winter."

The driver listened. He complained while watching the broadcast.

Jing Yao looked at the scenery outside the window and remained silent.

But isn't it? This year is more than just a warm winter.

The temperature starts to get hot at the end of November

Volume 1 Chapter 3 Going home (page 2/3)

, wait until the temperature can reach 30 degrees in December.

She still remembers that during the Chinese New Year, the temperature had already reached around 50 degrees.

Although the temperature was hot at that time, there were still houses that could block the direct sunlight.

After returning this time...

"Girl, we're here."

The car stopped, and the driver's voice recalled Jing Yao's thoughts.

After thanking the driver, Jing Yao took her luggage and opened her door with her fingerprint.

She came back a little late, and the servants at home had already gone to bed by this time, let alone the elderly grandfather.

Put your luggage on the first floor and wait to pick it up the next day.

Jing Yao quietly went up to the second floor and returned to her room without disturbing anyone.

The bedding in the room is all clean. Even if he hasn't been home for such a long time, grandpa will arrange for the servants to change it once a week.

After Jingyao washed up, she lay on the bed, thinking about the things she would face and deal with tomorrow, and fell asleep unconsciously.

"Yao Yao? Are you back?"

Jing Yao was woken up by a knock on the door.

After sitting up and patting her face to wake herself up, Jing Yao put on her slippers and opened the door.

"Grandpa."

Grandpa Jing raised his hand in the air, and the door suddenly opened. He looked at the granddaughter in front of him and his eyes suddenly became happy.

"Xiao Lin said that I saw your luggage on the first floor, so I guessed that you were back. My dear granddaughter, I miss you so much~"

Grandpa Jing hugged Jing Yao, and Jing Yao was in Grandpa Jing's arms. Smiling brightly, he hugged his grandfather with his backhand.

"Old man, breakfast is ready. You and the young lady, please come down quickly."

When Aunt Lin came up, she saw the grandson and grandson hugging each other.

"Okay, okay, Yaoyao, let's go down to eat."

Grandpa Jing let go of Jing Yao and took her hand to go downstairs to eat.

After sitting down, Jing Yao looked at the dishes on the table and was filled with emotion.

How long has it been since I had such a meal?

"Xiao Lin knows you're back, so he's cooking your favorite food. Come on, Yaoyao, eat."

Grandpa Jing said, picking up a piece of sweet and sour short ribs

Volume 1 Chapter 3 Going Home (Page 3/3)

is placed in Jing Yaos bowl.

Looking at the sweet and sour pork ribs in the bowl, Jing Yao finally couldn't hold back her tears.

"Grandpa!"

"Hey, what's going on? Who bullied you? Tell grandpa, grandpa will help you beat him up!"

Grandpa Jing was very panicked when he saw his precious granddaughter crying. He didn't know if his granddaughter was being treated abroad. People were bullied.

"No... no one bullied me, I just miss you so much."

Jing Yao wiped her tears and said in a tearful tone.

"If you miss grandpa, then you won't go abroad!"

"...Okay."

Breakfast was spent with the voices of the grandfather and grandson talking.

After finishing the meal, Jing Yao looked at her grandfather, and then looked in the direction of the kitchen.

"You have something to say to me?"

Grandpa Jing naturally saw that Jing Yao had something to say. She had been like this since she was a child. Whenever she wanted to talk alone, she would look around.

Seeing Jing Yao nodding, Grandpa Jing took her directly to the study room on the second floor.

"Just in time, I also have something to give you."

After entering the study, Grandpa Jing walked to the cabinet on the side, took out a box from the top of the cabinet and put it in front of Jing Yao.

"Open it and take a look."

The box in front of her was visually estimated to be 1.4 meters long. With this length, Jingyao could basically guess what was inside.

Slowly opening the box, two weapons came into view.

These two were clearly the two weapons that fell into the hands of Ming Min and Shen Lin.

The long sword is about 1.2 meters long, and its blade is so sharp that it cannot cover up the cold light even if it is lying in the box.

The short dagger was also about forty or fifty centimeters long, and the blade was hidden in a tendon sheath, but Jing Yao had seen its appearance in a previous life, and both weapons were sharp weapons.

Otherwise, those two people would not rely on them to get through every disaster safely.

But there is actually a small box in this box, and I don't know what is inside.

"Grandpa, is this?"

"This is an heirloom of our Jing family."

Grandpa Jing looked at the long sword with nostalgia in his eyes.

"Yao Yao, you should know that our Jing family also has ancestors who participated in the Anti-Japanese War."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185 27 1
HER PAST & HIS FUTURE -a tale of love, mystery and drama Ending up in a year three decades away from yours when you just wanted to visit a temple fro...
Thunder By Kylee

Science Fiction

151K 8.9K 34
Kyleigh Everson's life is changed completely when she wakes up in the hospital and discovers that she was struck by lightning and her only scar is an...
1.7M 114K 68
Mankind is evolving. Some love it, some fear it. Some embrace it, some envy it. For Zoey, the evolution of man has always been in the darkest part of...
88.5K 8.6K 144
Back by popular request! The 2017 rough draft of The Virus Within! (Caution: Contains massive plotholes that were fixed in the polished The Virus Wi...