New Beginning's

Da JAGOTYOBACK

A young girl abandoned by her mother, she then had no choice but to move with her grandparents that she never... Altro

Cast 💓
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 2

123 13 17
Da JAGOTYOBACK

The next day

Karen POV

The family (my sisters, their kids, and their husbands) will be visiting Christina today to meet her! Everyone is genuinely excited.  I just ask God to provide me with a smooth day.  I had invited everyone over for dinner at our place, and then I was going to take everyone skating. As soon as I found out that Christina couldn't skate, I immediately changed the arrangements by calling my sisters up in our group chat.
I wanted bonding time with Christina so I took her with me to go shopping while Kierra & J Drew were at school. We arrived to Walmart to grab some last minute things that we needed for dinner.

Karen:  Will you please grab that candle for me, sweetie? (I asked, she grabbed it from the shelf and put it into the cart). Can you smell it for me?

Christina: (responding in a calm, soft voice) It smells good (while smelling the candle.)

Christina reminded me so much of my younger self. She's very soft spoken, quiet, and to herself.

Karen: Here let me see (grabbing the candle) your right! (I smiled and replied) You have good taste, sweetie.

We started to head to the register once I had finally gotten everything I needed. As we were walking, a man in front of us began to stare strangely at Christina.

Karen: Excuse me, can I help you?

Stranger: Your Christina right? (Disregarding my question and concentrating on Christina)

The man gave off a feeling that he was high on drugs, and my spirit told me that something was seriously up.

Karen: And who are you?

Stranger: (glancing from me to Christina again) Tell yo momma that I'll make her life miserable if she doesn't pick up the phone! (He said, turned around, and walked away before vanishing.)

Karen: Christina, who is he?

I looked at Christina and tears started to run down her face

Karen: What's wrong, honey?

Christina: Can we please go? (She said rubbing her tears off of her cheeks)

After checking out quickly, we rushed back home. It was quiet while we were in the car.  There was no music playing, and Christina was constantly staring out the window with tears streaming down her face. I prayed to God to give me the correct words to say before I said anything else.

Karen: Christina, my love,  you don't have to talk about anything if you don't want to, but just know that I will always be here for you. You can talk to me about anything and everything. I'm such a great listener. I'll just listen to you vent if you want me to be silent and not say anything.

Christina: That was my mommas ex boyfriend.. ( she said looking down playing with her fingers)

Karen: Am I able to talk?

Christina: yes ma'am.

Karen: Why is he coming for your mother?

Christina: It could be so many reasons. Either she has something he wants, he wants to be with her, or... Nevermind. I just really got to make it back home to call her.

I hurried back home since I didn't want to sweat her into talking. She dashed out of the car and into the house as soon as we arrived home. While entering, I noticed that my husband appeared extremely confused by what had just transpired.

Bishop: What's going on?

Karen: I don't know? While we were at the store, this random guy approached us and threatened to ruin Faith's life. (As I started to cry, he gave me a soft hug.) Where did we go wrong with Faith? I just don't understand.

Bishop: All we can do is keep praying for her; we cannot hold ourselves responsible, sweetheart. We did our share. (Kissing my forehead and holding me continuously)

Christina POV

Meanwhile
I dashed upstairs, entered my room, and locked the door. When I tried to call my mother's phone, it said it was out of service and went directly to voicemail. To be sure I didn't make a mistake, I tried calling the number again, but it kept saying it wasn't in service. I was panicking since I had no idea how to get in touch with my mother. She and I haven't spoken since the day I left.  The only chance I had to talk to her was through her current boyfriend.  Back when my mother used to use my phone to speak with other men, I still had his number. I began to dial his number and after 3 rings he answered the phone.

Christina: Derek.

Derek: Who is this playing on my phone??

Christina: It's Christina, sorry to bother you but is my mom around?

Derek: Why the hell you calling my phone! Call her yo own damn self!

Christina: I really need to talk to her, Derek, please; it's very important!  Please! Is she there?

Derek: Yea she in the kitchen cooking for yo daddy (he started laughing) Cause you know I'm yo daddy right?

I didn't say anything..

Derek: HELLO MUTHAF**** ?!

Christina: Would you please give the phone to my momma?

Derek: Call me daddy first..

Christina: Nig- (I caught myself) Derek please don't do this to me.

Derek: I said call me DADDY with your sexy a**! I don't know why yo mama let you leave, you can't even play house with me no more (laughing).

I began to recall things from my time spent with them. I was getting more and more angry but I knew that if I said something wrong, he would hang up on me and I would never get to talk to my momma again.

Christina: Dad- *sighs* Daddy can you please give my momma the phone? ( i said nearly crying)

Derek: That was dry as hell! I want you to whine and beg!

I was about to do what he said until I heard another voice in the background..

Faith: Who is that? (Trying to whisper to Derek)

Derek: Yo weak a** daughter!

Faith: Nigga give me the phone! (Snatching the phone) Hello?

Christina: Mama-

Faith: WHY THE HELL IS YOU CALLING MY MAN PHONE??

Christina: Mama I-

Faith: Christina I'm really tired of yo slow a** always messing up stuff! Stop calling our damn phone!

Christina: MAMA, I'M SORRY, PLEASEEE. (I started to cry, plead, and beg.)

Faith: You ain't sorry punk! QUIT CALLING MY PHONE!

I heard someone attempting to enter my room just as I was about to speak.

Karen: Chris! Sweetie what's going on? Let me in.

Bishop: Open the door Christina

Faith: I swear if you call me again, I will have someone come up there and hurt you!

She then hunged up the phone, soon after my grandparents barged in the door. I knew she didn't mean what she said, but it really hurted me. She always act different when she's around other people.

Karen:  Baby, what's going on? (as she rushes up to embrace me.)

Christina: LET GO OF ME! (As I pulled away from her) THIS IS ALL OF YALL FAULT! IF YALL WOULDN'VE NEVER ABANDONED MY MOTHER THEN SHE WOULDN'T HAVE TREATED ME THIS WAY!

Bishop POV:

The room fell silent. I looked to see Christina standing up, staring at karen and I, and then I turned to see Karen seated on the bed, staring down with tears in her eyes. one thing I hated to see was my wife hurt. I know that we just met our granddaughter and I love her so much but disrespect is not tolerated in my home! Especially, to my wife! 

Bishop: LOWER YOUR GOD GIVEN TONE!

The room fell silent once more, and Christina seemed to instantly go back to her normal behavior. She was shocked when she heard me yell, as you can tell in her eyes.

Bishop: In my home, you're going to pick up some manners! You should be more respectful if you live in this house that we have given you, plus you don't pay any bills! Do you hear me??

Christina: Yeah.. (shaking, looking down, and fiddling with her hands)

Bishop: look at me when I'm talking to you Christina..

Christina: (looking up at me) Yes..

Bishop: Yes what?

Christina: Yes daddy- I mean sir. (she muttered, still trembling, as she looked back down.)

I looked at Karen and Karen looked at me.. we both were so confused on what just happened.

Karen: Honey what did you just say? (Talking to Christina)

Christina: I said yes sir.. (while continuing to look down)

I started to make my way to Christina to try to give her an hug but she flinched as if I was going to hit her and then she quickly moved back.

Bishop: Christina, What is going on? What gives you the sense that I'm about to hit you?

Karen: Baby, don't tell me that they hurt you.. (she pleaded, sounding worn out and upset.)

Christina: I'm so-sorry I pro-promise I won't do it again. Please forgive me. (She said crying)

Karen went to give her a hug very slowly and held her, after a few seconds I joined in.

Bishop: (while hugging her) We love you, we will never hurt you, and we promise never to allow anybody else to touch you. Alright?

Christina: (while tears filled her eyes) O-Okay..

We continued to hug eachother for about 10 more seconds then broke free. Karen sat back on the bed and I sat on the chair that was in front of the bed while Christina made her way into Karen's arms.

Christina: I'm so sorry, please forgive me. (As she cries)

Karen: I forgive you, honey.. (while she holds Christina tight and runs her fingers over her long curls)

Bishop: Is there something we need to know? You can always speak to us.

Christina: I'm Sorry bishop, I-I just need a little rest before the family arrives. I've gone through a lot lately.

Bishop: I understand, well get you some rest okay? We will wake you up 30 minutes before the family arrive.

Christina: Okay (as she slightly smiles)

Karen: Sweetie, We're going to enroll you in counseling so you can talk to someone about what's happening. We genuinely care about you and want the best for you, okay?

Christina: Okay, thank you.

Me and Karen walked out of the room and closed the door. We made our way to our room and got dressed, it was quiet. I got into the shower after Karen and then got out to see her at her vanity mirror doing her makeup and trying not to cry,  I went up behind her, gave her a kiss on the forehead, and hugged her chest.

Bishop: It's going to be alright. I promise you. God put it on my heart to tell you to quit worrying and get some rest; you can't handle it on your own. Let God handle it. Christina is now safe. She's covered by God, so nobody can touch our little girl. We are going to be good honey.

Karen: ( looking down) okay..

Bishop: Hey, what did I tell you about looking down.. (as I lift her chin up as leaned over her and kissed her lips) You are so beautiful, don't you ever forget that. My mother would often tell my sisters not to look down since doing so would drop your crown.. I want you to always wear your crown, darling. I could never ask for a better wife, mother of my child, and First Lady than you. You have my undying love dear.

Karen: (as she keeps staring at me, tears begin to well up in her eyes) I love you too, honey. (As she gives me a kiss)

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

15.6K 97 200
favorite characters from your favorite movies or tv shows.
667K 40.8K 105
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 55K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...