How to Save a Life

By Chanyeol_Kangjeon

Y/n was a typical girl who enjoyed playing games during her free time. One of the games she loved playing was... More

[一]- Reborn
[二]- Meeting
[三]- To Plan

[零]- Prologue

106 5 0
By Chanyeol_Kangjeon

Hello! I've recently gotten back into the game and read a couple of fics, so I thought I'd make my own because the ones I read for THH were terrible!
A couple of things before we start, it is sort of OC because the character has an appearance, but only because it's a crossover fic
If you want more frequent updates then follow me on my Quotev
ChanyeolKangjeon
Enjoy!!
✩̣̣̣̣̣ͯ┄•͙✧⃝•͙┄✩ͯ•͙͙✧⃝•͙͙✩ͯ┄•͙✧⃝•͙┄✩̣̣̣̣̣ͯ

Y/n sighed as she stared at the screen.

School had been let out for the day, but she wasn't as excited as she was when she was stuck in the classroom. She had been fantasizing all day about coming home and playing all sorts of fun games, but now that she was here, the only thing she was doing was playing chess against what she assumed to be a robot, but she could never really tell. It was times like this when Y/n wished she wasn't so introverted. She wished that she could find those nerds that people in series or video games would talk about, so she would have someone to geek over...well, stories and video games with. She was currently home alone because her mother was on a business trip and her father was forever travelling to different parts of the world for his job as a Formula One photographer.

"I might as well get up and go grocery shopping before the typhoon hits," Y/n mumbled as she stood up and dusted the crumbs off of her lap, where they landed on the floor. Her cat, Jamil, named after the popular Twisted Wonderland version of Jafar, usually would've been there to lick up the crumbs, but Y/n's mother had taken him with her on the business trip. "Dammit. Now I have to vacuum up the floor," Y/n cursed, looking down at the crumbs that now littered her once-clean floor

Y/n turned on her heel swiftly, choosing to ignore the mess she had made in the little time she'd been home in favour of stocking up on food and snacks. She was going to gather all of the old games she had and play them all until her eyes felt like they were going to pop any minute like she always did when she was supposed to do her homework.

With a very reluctant sigh and one more sweep around her room to make sure she had everything she needed for her trip to the store, Y/n grabbed her coat and left. She opened the screen door and sat down, grabbing the shoes that were the most comfortable and the easiest to slip on before finally leaving the house. Y/n's mom and dad both made sure that her bank account had enough money to splurge on whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted. Truth be told, her parents sent the money in hopes that when she went out with friends, she could get whatever she wanted and use the money on her friends as well, but that just wasn't the girl she was.

Y/n would instead walk to the corner store and buy cheap, already-made meals so that she wouldn't have to leave her room to cook a thing. She wasn't lazy, per se, but when she was reading, watching her favourite shows, or gaming, she didn't want to have to get up to feed herself.

Looking back and forth to make sure no cars were coming before crossing the road. She didn't care about much, but if she was going to die, she was going to die her way. There was no way she was going to die by some lousy truck or car...

Right?

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•

Y/n entered the store and grabbed a trolley, immediately throwing things in it without caring about the price. She got the same things every single time and she got the same amount of it, so it ended up being the same price every time she went shopping for food. "Heeeeeyyyy!! If it isn't little Y/n!" An annoying voice called out from behind her, but Y/n ignored it and continued grabbing stuff from the shelves, "Hey! I'm talking to you, you brat!" The person grabbed Y/n's shoulder and forcefully turned her to face them.

She came face to face with the one person who made her life an absolute misery. Not because she was successful at bullying her or harming her in any way, but simply because she was so annoying and had the most ear-grating voice Y/n had ever heard in her life. "Ah, hello Bianca." Y/n greeted monotonously, turning to look at the different selections of rice, "Um, don't ignore me, you...you...you ugly homebody!!" Bianca floundered, "I'm not ignoring you. I'm trying to get some food, Bianca. " Y/n groaned, pushing her trolley forward.

Bianca followed the (h/c) haired girl, "Don't act like I'm inconveniencing you. If anything I have a much more important and impactful life than you." Bianca voiced smugly. Y/n groaned, "Then why don't you go live it, Bianca Bressimanti? Why don't you go live that important and impactful life somewhere I'm not." Y/n hissed, turning and quickly getting the rest of the stuff she needed.

She paid and got out of the store as quickly as possible. "This is why I hate leaving the house," Y/n grumbled, grabbing her bags out of the cart and making her way home

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•

Y/n plopped down into her chair with a loud huff. "That was much more stressful than it ever should've been. But now I can play as much as I want and not worry about food." Y/n muttered, picking up her chopsticks and shovelling ramen in her mouth. Y/n scrolled through her game catalogue, mentally rejecting all of them until she got to a certain trio of games she used to be obsessed with.

Dangonronpa.

She used to love everything about the visual novels, from the characters to the creative ways the blackened was eliminated. She only played the main three, but she always wanted to play Ultra Despair Girls, "I guess I'll play you since I'm bored," Y/n said, clicking on the first game of the series, which was arguably Y/n's least favourite since it contained her favourite characters out of all the three games and they all died one after the other.

Thunder shook the house as the game fully loaded up and the menu popped, "The things I would do to save the people from this game they're forced to play." Y/n voiced, "Would you do anything?" A voice asked, "Yeah, I- Wait. Where did that voice come from?" Y/n questioned, sitting up fully.

Y/n jumped out of her chair and ran around her room, searching through every single nook and cranny to figure out where the voice had come from, but she found nothing. Y/n sat back down in her chair to find the screen had changed. Makoto was gonna and now it was just Monokuma sitting there... menacingly, "I guess I'm just hearing things." Y/n shook her head and started the game. "Oh, poor Leon. I can't help but feel bad for him... and Sayaka too I guess." Y/n stated, clicking through the game. Y/n didn't hate Sayaka, per se, but she also didn't like her.

She knew that Sayaka was only doing what she did due to what Monokuma had shown her, but she couldn't help but dislike the fact that the Ultimate Pop Idol used the fact that Makoto was attracted to her and a pushover to try and frame him for a murder she failed to commit. But that same reasoning was why she couldn't hate Sayaka. The idol was doing the only thing she could do to get out and in the process, she was murdered.

"That's why I wish I could save all of them. I wish I could give them hope in their time of despair." Y/n announced dramatically, putting a hand over her eyes.

"Is that so?" A random voice spoke up.

Y/n sat up quickly, almost giving herself whiplash, "W-who said that?! Whe-where are you?!" Y/n demanded, swivelling around in her chair to try and spot where the voice could be coming from. "It doesn't matter. The question is, would you really give your life to save those kids? How are you, a child full of despair herself, a recluse, a loser, a glum teen with depression, supposed to help these kids?" The voice questioned. "I..." Y/n sighed, "You're right. I would have to be someone different, but if that's what it took to keep them from killing each other, then I guess."

Y/n realized that she was speaking with a disembodied voice, so she was either hallucinating from the lack of sleep or she was just going crazy. Both were plausible answers since 1) she had not gotten any sleep in three days and 2) her mental health was terrible and she tended to hear things that weren't there sometimes. Which was probably also from a lack of sleep.

Y/n should probably head to bed.

The girl sighed and stood up from her chair, "Well, I'm sorry, game. It's going to have to wait until tomorrow. I need to sleep." Y/n yawned, stretching her arms above her head and standing on her tiptoes until she felt a pop in her ankle.

Y/n brushed her teeth and climbed into her bed, "Goodnight." Y/n declared to the empty house, allowing her eyes to close.

As the storm grew stronger and stronger, so did the winds. The trees swayed, branches violently thrashing in the wind. The old tree outside of your house groaned as it was violently shifting in the wind. With one particularly hard gust of wind, the tree toppled over.

Directly onto the house.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•

Y/n groaned, trying to open her eyes, but only achieving a small sliver. She couldn't make out anything other than red lights and a couple of very fuzzy silhouettes. She assumed they were emergency services since they were trying to keep her awake and yelling medical terms to each other. Y/n tried to focus as a dark figure stood directly over her, "This is what you asked for. You better not fail or there'll be consequences."

And then she was out. 

Unedited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 3.4K 60
❝ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀs ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀʏ ❞ - one-shots from the danganronpa trilogy: ↣ trigger happy havoc ↣ goodbye despair ...
89.5K 2.8K 85
A young girl attends Hope's Peak Academy, a prestigious school renowned all across Japan for scouting adolescents who are the best in their respectiv...
172 0 6
A HINA X HIRO FANFICTION DANGANRONPA: TRIGGER HAPPY HAVOC SETTING: A few months after the Future Foundation Tragedy in Danganronpa 3 Hope Arc Yasuhi...
6K 134 31
(Y/N) is 16 years old and she just got accepted into Hope Peak's summer camp. She's new and she'll spend all her summer with ultimate students just l...