My Boss

Par Seventeen_AJ

Cara Greene, who planned everything in her life met Alexandra Williams, her Boss who was exactly opposite of... Plus

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
66
67
68
69

65

8.7K 275 32
Par Seventeen_AJ

We stayed in London for a few days more.

Alex's vision started to improve. She said she could see some light and every now and then, would see some shadows and would even see our faces, though much blurry, but still, I'd say it's a big deal.

I have been updating Claire every day and she was relieved as well.

I met Mr. George, Alex's Dad, and her brother, Peter. 

Alex told them about me as soon as they arrived and Peter was gladly calling me his other Sister.

I was able to patch things up with Brian as well over the phone. Agatha or George must have told their close relatives and Brian called me about that.

He apologized and was more devastated about Alex's condition than the fact that she hid it from him. He wanted to come over but Alex told him we'd be coming home soon.

As we landed at the airport, Alex was put in the wheelchair and Peter was pushing her. 

At the arrival gate, Brian and Claire were there waiting for us, and as soon as they saw us, their smile grew wider.

"I'm glad you had a safe flight back." Claire hugged me. She also hugged Alex and said something I was not able to hear. Afterward, she nodded at everybody, acknowledging their presence.

"Al." I heard Brian say, his voice almost cracked and his eyes were brimming with tears but trying to fight them.

"Oh, come here, big baby!" Everybody laughed at what Alex addressed Brian.

He leaned over and hugged Alex. In her shoulder, we could hear him sobbing.

We all went straight to Alex's house. 

Initially, Agatha wants Alex to stay at their house but she is opposed to it, hard. Her Mom only agreed for her to stay at her own place on the condition that I would stay there with her, a nurse to take care of her needs and meds, and a visit that is unannounced.

Which of course as the first one, I was more willing to do.

As for the business, she can work from home but only for small cases, other than that, Brian would take care of the rest along with Mr. George.

I would still need to go to the office to work. I'm an intern and Alex insisted I need to at least complete it so my next employment would not be jeopardized by having a broken record.

"Okay, you're fed, you're clean, and your morning meds are already being prepped by Annie, what else?" I was tucking in Alex while I think what else I might have forgotten before I headed out to the office.

"A kiss."

I stopped and looked at the woman whom I loved so much. 

She was staring at me like she could see me completely.

I smiled at her.

"Don't worry I'm not forgetting that."

"Yeah, you better not. Come here." Alex grabbed my hand and pulled me into her. I almost landed on top of her but prevented it.

Alex looks so tiny now.

With her condition, she lost her appetite, dry skin, her hair started to lose, and her beautiful face fell more.

After her last chemo in London, I feel like she's getting worse, though the Doctor already told us that it did not work and the tumor is progressing fast, I was trying to be more positive.

Feeding her fruits and veggies, hydrating her, moving her feet and arms, kind of exercising her in bed as she was getting very weak, she could walk but needed someone to hold her so that she wouldn't fall.

I know it won't shrink her tumor but it's the only way I know how I can take care of her.

For the few days I was staying here at her house, I was not getting much sleep. Alex would scream most of the time because of the pain.

I remember those nights vividly, each one heavier than the last. Alex, writhing in pain, her screams piercing the silence. I'd hold her close, feeling her anguish like a weight on my chest.

I'd stroke her hair, whispering words of comfort into the darkness. But nothing could ease her suffering. All I could do was stay with her, my heart breaking with every cry.

When she finally fell asleep, exhausted from the battle, I'd lie awake, lost in my thoughts. Tears streamed down my face as I replayed the scene in my mind. I felt powerless, unable to do anything but be there for her.

"What are you thinking?" 

I was startled to hear Alex's soft voice. Her hand reached up to my face, her fingers caressing the contour of it.

"You." I whispered.

"Kiss me, Cara."

I didn't wait for her to repeat it, I leaned over and kissed her.

"I love you." I said in between kisses.

"You better." She smiled and kissed me again.

-----------------------------------------------------

On my way to the office, I called Annie, Alex's nurse, and checked with her if Alex had fallen asleep already. 

I have instructed her also to give her the folders I kept on the table for her to read later once she's awake.

We're giving her minor work so that she would feel normal even if she was tied to her bed. She'd call the office from time to time and still order people around.

As I approached the ninth floor, Brian was already waiting for me.

"How is she today?" He said in a low voice. 

The people here don't know what is happening, they only know that Alex is traveling hence her Dad taking over in the meantime.

"Still the same. Are we still on for later?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming. I just have one meeting then would go straight there."

I nodded at him before we went our separate ways.

The morning was super busy, I attended three meetings and took the minutes for them. I helped Lisa to catalog the proposals made by the department from last year till date and digitalized them.

By lunch time, I went home to Alex.

Even though I know she was okay as per Annie, I still want to see and check on her. 

She was asleep when I came, the folders were on her chest. I took them and fixed her blanket.

"Have you eaten, Ms. Cara?" Annie asked as soon as I fly down the stairs, she was in the kitchen.

"Mrs. Williams passed by and brought all these food." She continued.

"You know what, yeah, I'm hungry." I went to the kitchen and prepare a plate for me.

We both start eating.

"You'll wake her up in the next hour, right?" I asked.

"Yes, all her meds are already prepared."

"Give her some fruits to eat, Annie. Force it on her if you can, or call me if she didn't want to have them."

"Will do, Miss." She said smiling.

I glanced up the stairs like I could see Alex from where I was sitting.

"Annie?"

"Yes, Miss?"

"Have you, umm... Have you taken care of someone similar to Alex's case?" I gazed upon Annie's confused eyes.

"You mean... What do you mean, Miss. Cara?" I watched as she swallow what seemed to be a big lump in her throat, pushing back whatever she was gonna say.

"Uhh... uhh, terminal, terminal case, like her." I stutter. That word sure so hard to come out from my mouth.

"Yes." Annie stared at me like she was trying to see if I can take it.

My eyes grew hot and not sure if I will be able to ask her my next question. 

I swallowed multiple times as there seemed to be blockage in my throat. I could feel the knot tightening in my chest, but I need to know.

"Did they die?"

__________________________________

Hello, my lovely and funny readers, I set up a ko-fi account, so if you want to treat me, send me a gift, or simply motivate me, please feel free to visit my page: Ko-fi.com/lunamarcelo :)

Follow me on IG as well: LunaMarcel0

Thank youuuu for always supporting my work, I'm reading all your comments and I love how invested you are in the story :)

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

The Hookup With Mr. Badboy Par HK

Roman pour Adolescents

20.5K 607 30
Alexandra "Alex" Martin. She has the popularity, the fortune, the cold and ruthless look, and the brains. She had everything a teenager could ask for...
What A Tease [girlxgirl] Par Kay

Roman pour Adolescents

148K 3.5K 20
Cassandra - I've gone through life's ups and downs because of you. I've felt how crazy love can be with you. But I just can't get you off my mind. Yo...
5.8K 383 22
This is a Girl loves Girl story Don't read my books if you're allergic to grammar issues. Peace out. ****** Andrea Holland was a rebellious student...
54 0 5
Eve and Cara are deeply in love, but after their one year anniversary, disaster strikes. Now, Eve will have to learn to move on with her life with a...