Kirito x Male OC-ALfheim Onli...

By Tsukoshino

This is the second story in the series. This story revolves around ALO and some of the real world. I tried my... More

My Reality
Hannya Yanagi
Reunions- Part 1
Reunion- Part 2
Rematch

Killing a God

308 19 0
By Tsukoshino

     The castle surrounded by water. Its elegance was profound once it came into view. Looking around and noticing the single bridge which connected the town to the mainland.

     I was in awe at the Undine Territory and even more amazed once I noticed Undine fairies flying through the water below and flying out with no problem.

"This place is amazing!" I say.

     Siune laughs at my enthusiasm then begins her decent to ground level.

"Hey! You never told me how to land!" I shout.

"Oh yeah... good luck!" She says with a sorry expression.

'She's so not sorry!'

     I fly down quickly and before I crash into the stone floor below I pull back. Wind rushes past me as I land safely and those around me braced for impact as dust gets picked up.

     My wings disappear as the dust settles. I look around to see other players all staring at me with a worried expression.

'Are they scared? Where did Siune go?'

     I look around and don't see her nearby. Opting not to awkwardly stand like a foreigner, I walk along the road and past players who seem too afraid to get near me.

"Shinsei!" Siune shouted.

     Just ahead was Siune, she waved me over and I obliged. Once we got close the surrounding players became at ease. The tension that was there dissipated instantaneous, then the surrounding players went about their day.

"What's going on? People keep looking at me... is it cause my outfit?" I asked lowly.

"Well, that and your hair is black and your landing was pretty impressive." She complimented.

"Oh.. guess my hair color matters more than I would expect." I say.

"Don't worry about them. I have other friends all from different races. Thats probably why they relaxed once you met up with me." She advises.

'So she has connections with all sorts of races...'

"Come on. I'll tell you the basics about the game, and some cool stories as well." She offers.

'Convenient.'

"Sure. That would be great!" I say and follow her from then on.

~><~><~><~

Three days have passed.

     With Siune's help I managed to blend in fairly well. Keeping my wings color and design a secret from other players I manage to avoid being killed for ridiculous reasons.

"Have you heard of the underwater dungeon under the safe zone?" Siune asked.

"Huh? A dungeon? I haven't heard any rumors or stories about it yet... is it new?" I asked.

"No, not new.. it's actually a pretty old myth that was told when ALO first came out." She admitted.

"Oh, is it dangerous?" I asked.

"Yes.. it's an Undines true purpose. The general I told you so much about, he wants the whole army to go and conquer it for the reward waiting inside." She says.

"What reward?" I asked.

"Legends say, under the water a door to a dungeon is hidden. Only someone with a high enough magic skill can open the gate below and come face to face with the beast bellow." She says in a spooky tone.

'High magic skill, seems like the perfect place to gather better gear.'

"Although.. the general has been acting strangely recently." She says.

"Stranger how?" I asked.

"Strange as in.. he's waiting for something. Or maybe someone?" She contemplates.

"Does he know, about me?" I asked.

"Oh, no... no I don't believe so. Unless.. wait. If that was his.. then he does know." She says lowly.

"If what was his?" I questioned.

"Follow me!" She said suddenly.

     Siune began to fly abnormally fast. I followed her out of Undine territory, into the Alphine Zone.

"Where are we going!" I shouted.

     Siune didn't respond. She only persisted further and I only now realized she wasn't equipped with her usual staff.

'Something feels off..'

     Before I could confirm my suspicions, I was struck from behind. My body flew towards the floor but I caught myself before touching the ground.

'We're being followed!'

     From the surrounding trees a stream of water burst through the seems. I avoid the attack swiftly but was met with a blade that I had no choice but to use my bow in order to block.

'Tch he's strong.'

     Stepping back I notice the few twigs that would have scratched me simply went right through me.

'Illusion magic, high level illusion magic?'

     Pressing my palm along the surface I cast my own magic.

'Phase 2 Earthquake.'

     The ground shook like waves. The trees disappeared as the illusions faded. I heard grunt from other players who fell and even the Undine players just ahead of me were struggling to keep their footing.

"So this was all a huge setup?" I asked the man.

"Silence. I know what you are, and we want it." He said.

'It? What the hell does he want... the only thing I have is my bow.'

"I'm not sure I understand what it is exactly you want from me." I say in return.

"I doubt you would..' he said lowly.

     Scanning my surroundings it seems like an army was closing in. Players began to fly as to not be struck by my earth magic while they simultaneously began to cast their own spells.

     The closer I looked was when I realized there were a few spriggans amongst their ranks. Their all black attire was difficult to miss.

     The man ahead lunged forward, swinging fast but not as fast as I could with a sword. I stepped back and drew my bow. Shooting several shots in his direction which he couldn't cut down so he was forced back in return.

     Using the opening to aim towards the rest of the players I draw. My arrow manifested and flames began to flow from its tip. I shot the arrow which struck clean through the closest target.

     Once pierced, the players body combusted into smoke while the arrow then sprouted wings and ricocheted through multiple players who all began to scream as if their lives depended on it.

     Aiming back towards the man with the katana I imbued my arrow with water magic. Shooting directly towards him the arrow misses.

     Although, the magic doesn't. Water like strings pasted him as the arrow then turns back. The arrow flies around the man as his limbs become encased with water then his body as he was now stuck in place.

'That mess is cleaned up.'

     Noticing water magic be thrown in my direction I use my own magic to manipulate the water back towards its caster.

      With the final blow I used new magic. Adding weight to the surrounding area all the remaining players fell to the ground. Crushed by gravity I flew above them while their bodies were mushed within mere moments.

'Gravity magic. Scary stuff... I must have unlocked it during SAO.'

     I scan my surroundings. Flames covered the area as their consciousness lingered on. Only until the flames disappeared completely did I continue my way through the plains and past the mountings
I flew through deserts along the mountains and then another forest which I steered clear of. Only landing once I reached a cave along the side of the mountain.

I open my map to see my location.

'Lugru Corridor. I flew for so long that they wouldn't follow me here even if they tried.'

     I walked through the cave. Only stopping periodically once monsters stood in my way.

'What happened to Siune.. the Siune that led me away must have been a Spriggan. She wouldn't turn on me, not after all she's done for me.'

     As giant earth golems block my path, their swiftly crushed and I make it to the center town that was also surrounded my water.

'Just like Undine Territory.. and by the look of things the monsters down there are a higher level than most players. Luckily I'm not like most players.'

     Walking onto the bridge I activate 'water breathing' magic that Siune taught me a few days back. Hopping over the ledge I dove down into the water and was immediately targeted by all surrounding monsters.

'I rarely get the change to use water magic, should be fun!'

     I activate my wings, swimming through the water with ease I avoid all sorts of monsters that tried kill me.

     They were relentless, their attack pattern was unrecognizable and once they latched on it took more effort to get them off.

'These things are everywhere! Where's the damn entrance?!'

     Getting annoyed with the monsters that managed to land a few hits I turn the surrounding water into ice.

'Thankfully I can control what turns into ice...'

     I tap the iceberg that I made, it shattered with ease. The monsters inside shattered along with the ice as they turned into shards of crystals.

     Finally seeing a gate plastered on the oceans floor, I swam over. The closer I got the more I realized how massive this gate truly was. Once in proximity, I notice the symbols on the corners of the gate.

     Each symbol represented four basic elements, which meant the key to the gate was fairly straight forward.

'The avatar of gates huh..'

     I summon earth and wind magic to activate both gates simultaneously, it worked but the gates soon deactivated once my magic disappeared.

'This is gonna be harder than I thought.. four elements at once.'

     Using both hands I activate all four types of magic. The symbols all light up once activated and the gate shines once it was finally forced open. The light illuminates the water, bright enough to where those above notice the shift.

~><~

     Opening my eyes I notice I'm no longer underwater. Surrounding me was ruins, they looked Roman but my mind quickly moved to the dome of water above me.

'So I'm underwater but not in water, pretty cool dungeon. Where is the boss then?'

     An immediate screech catches my attention.

'Not the quiet type that's for sure, I'm tired of sneak attacks anyways.'

     Four bars of health appeared as its name 'Telkhines' floats above.

     The dome above cracks as water begins to flow through. Before the water touched the surface it condensed into a ball. More and more water condensed into a small ball until the crack above mended itself and the water began to morph.

     The head of a dog erupted from the ball as a long robe encased the creatures body. The boss has the body of a human and on its arms were fins like that of a fish. In one hand the best held a trident while in the other it held a magic staff.

     Once completely emerged the boss growled then roared so loud that the ruins began to crumble.

     I braced myself as I drew my bow and took a shot. The arrow sped forward but was incinerated just before it managed to make contact with the boss.

'Uh oh...'

     Telkhines flickered above me as he swung the trident downward. Reacting as fast as possible I avoid the strike but once I look back I see the giant crater left by the single strike.

     My mind goes blank as my breathing slows down. Using complete concentration, my body feels light as my stats become boosted and speed greatly increased beyond normal limits.

     Flying towards Telkhines it was too slow to react as I swung my bow at the beast causing it to fly back.

     Telkhines caught itself as it used its staff to fire magic projectiles without an incantation. In return I drew my bow and shot one arrow which skattered into hundreds. Arrows covered the sky, as the magic projectiles were destroyed.

     The arrows that pierced through the magic struck the boss and depleted a good chunk of health.

'A glass cannon, easier than I thought.'

     Telkhines began an incantation, the incantation was short but effective as the boss summoned a large water elemental that took the form of a squid.

'Summoning magic?!'

     Using gravity magic I stopped the squid from attacking and focused back on the boss who began attacking with the trident. Close combat wasn't easy as the only weapon I held was a bow.

     Wind spells made stepping back easier as I once again prepared my bow in tandem with my magic.

     The Telkhines gripped his trident as he prepared a powerful spell to assist in its power.

     Telkhines raised his staff as it shattered into the sky. The shards morphed into clouds which turned dark and thunderous. Lightning struck around the boss and once fully charged Telkhines now raised its trident. The trident was struck by lightning multiple times, until the trident's exterior began to shine.

     Telkhines threw the trident while simultaneously applying its lightning magic to its strength. This caused a powerful blast shot towards me but I was ready for such a spell.

     Before the boss threw their trident I drew my bow further than ever. Applying all sorts of magic to the bow I condense as much magic as possible along with gravity magic. I fire the bow once the trident is released and simultaneously fire a secondary spell which consists of water and gravity magic, creating a powerful water beam above normal power.

     The spells collide and create a shockwave so powerful that the surrounding rubble is shot back leaving only the boss and myself left standing. The after effects take place while lighting strikes and thunder rumbles. The center blast point bursts into smoke as the arena gets covered with steam.

~><~><~><~

     I lay down tired as water began enveloping my body with passive healing as well as healing magic which quickly recovered my health to full.

     Sitting up from the battle I look at the defeated boss to see its body still slowly fading away. I stand and walk closer to the now corpse.

"Odd, the body doesn't usually take this long to fade once killed." I said absentmindedly.

"You." The Telkhines spoke with a deep, over demanding voice.

"You can speak?" I questioned.

"You've bested me. I thank you, for releasing me from my prison.." the boss said.

'It's prison?'

     The body fully shattered. Leaving nothing but a small chest where it's body once laid. I grabbed the chest and opened it, receiving new gear, some new accessories, and as well as an interesting weapon.

     I equipped my new items and placing my old gear in my inventory for safe keeping.

     I held my bow while a sword gets placed on my person. My bow disappears as I draw the sword and realize how easy it was to switch between the two items.

'I haven't held a blade in a few days, hopefully I'm not rusty.'

     I swing the blade to the side to test its weight and since it's surprisingly easy to hold onto, the result surprised me. Wind rushed around as dust was picked up. A nearby stone was cut in two, it crumbled as it hit the floor and left rubble behind.
"Woah, sharp. Klein would be jealous of a blade like this one." I say with a smile.

~><~><~><~
Hello~
Idk why but editing this chapter was such a pain. Anyways I had fun making this chapter, if you know who to general is let me know!

Look forward to the next chapter!
It will be another perspective~

Adios~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.4K 11
A light novel. [Republishing] Officially Yizhan. I always prefer strong characters and switching. Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo romance fanfic. It's more...
23.7K 1.1K 35
This is really old and bad, IDK why y'all like it so much Rated M for graphic violence and strong language Also, this story is currently under constr...
2.6K 69 8
⚠️COVER ART ISN'T MINE⚠️ The cover of this story isn't mine. Btw this story is Young EraserMic ______________________________________________________...
16.5K 564 13
Kirito and I collapse out of breath, the sign above us screams 'Winner' as he defeated the boss of floor 11. "We did it." I say in between breaths...