Blessed: The Abandoned Wife

By misttressofseas

Their arranged marriage ended six years ago.... then who is her daughter....is it her daughter or his as well... More

Characters Introduction
Slap
Reining in the Chaos
Meet-a-friend
Un-Accountable Encounter!
Time Out
Looking for a Frog
Honeymoon Tours and Travels
Song of the heart
Running into you!
The Return
Growl...
Proof
Answers and Questions
Vee and Dee
Coffee Date
Dyuti's father?
Investigation begins
Primate, horses and a bat?
Making of a Match?
Il-'logical' choice?
They tell him...
Aftermath
The March

What kind of marriage?

431 17 1
By misttressofseas

Daivik had an irritating night and was planning to drown himself in work the whole next day. Having exhausted himself through the day at the office, he met Viren and Veni at dinner and his mood lifted a little. He was talking to Veni who was still excited about Mahesh mama (mother's brother). Knowing fully well that Viren had cut all ties with his dead wife's family, he asked Viren who was this mama that Veni was talking about.

Viren: Who else but the one and only Mahesh mama of Dyuti!

Daivik: Ohh so he is Dyuti's mama? I thought they were only 2 sisters...

Veni: They are a big family! Dyuti has lots of mama (mother's brother) and maasi (mother's sister)!

Viren: Mahesh is a cousin, so he is everyone's mama!

Veni: No, he is everyone's mama, except for Shubham

Daivik: Why not Shubham?

Veni: He is his father na

Daivik: (smiling) Oh okay. So he has a wife and a kid!

Veni: I am meeting them again tomorrow! We will go to the airport papa!

Daivik: The airport? why?

Viren: Mahesh has his business in Dubai. He came especially for Shuchi and Amish's marriage.

Daivik: Ohh so she is dear to him. Nice big fat joint family!

Viren: Yes, it seems he does not have a sister and thinks of Shuchi and Shubhi as his sisters. You know how it is in a big family, you have your favourites in the army of cousins!

Veni: You should see so much fun that everyone had at the wedding with Mahesh mama.

Viren passed his phone showing the photograph of this Mahesh to Daivik to see whose eyes went wide in shock. This was the same man!

Daivik: Shuchi and Shubhi are his sisters! What are you talking about?

Viren: What are you talking about

Veni: What are you two talking about?

Daivik: Oh we were just having some fun as brothers.

Veni: Nice to see Chacha (uncle) joking and happy. Get back to being fun!

Viren: Yes, we need to get a chachi and that might make him fun again!

Veni: Hmm there is Shilpa maasi na, she always said that she will be my chachi.

Viren: But she is now married to your mausa.

Veni: (thinking) So, we have to find a new one for you

Daivik: I agree and now it is Veni's responsibility to find me a wife.

They high-five and have a great after-dinner walk. Once Veni is settled in her room, Viren cannot stop himself.

Viren: So, Dev, you do not know her cousins...Mahesh or anyone at all?

Daivik: No, I never really met them. Our marriage was a rush and I do not remember much of the family I met.

Viren: What about later? Did you never meet your wife's family?

Daivik: Well, we were like revolving doors, never really together...I have never even seen her house.

Viren: What?

Daivik: Mom...er...told me that they lived in a...hut.....that was the name of their house

Viren: Khanna Kutir (Khanna Cottage) Dev is a sprawling four-story building in the middle of the town! Nowhere near the hut, you mentioned!

Daivik: I have never been there....to that house...

Viren: What kind of marriage is that? You have never visited your in-laws!

Daivik: I don't know...what marriage...was it...

Viren: You made a mess of your marriage!

Daivik: (irritated by the way Viren was blaming him) But she went ahead and had a baby with someone else!

Viren: After you left her! I do not condone cheating though....but if Dyuti was conceived after your marriage was over...then she is not at fault

Daivik: But she had a child out of wedlock!

Viren: We do not know someone's story...

Daivik: No point getting into that... it's over now...

Viren: The kind of marriage that gets over!

Viren's words bothered Daivik a little, but he was able to brush them off. He walked to the wardrobe and decided to not talk to the deity tonight but ended up deciding to give a piece of his mind.

See you are another supporter of Shubhi, and you know so is my brother.... she is your girlfriend, and she worships you....so that still makes sense.... you will take her side

But what about my brother...he is my brother.... he is taking her side and not mine... Our marriage did not last...that is not my fault alone...

She went ahead and had an affair.... with Dyuti's father... Do you know that?

What is there to laugh?

You know that he did not even marry her!!

Why are you laughing? What is there to laugh?

Daivik was irritated and had fitful sleep. The next morning at breakfast, both brothers were talking normally. When Daivik looked for Viren at lunchtime in the office, his brother seemed to be in a rush.

Daivik: Shall we have lunch?

Viren: I have to run, Veni would have gone straight from school to say goodbye to Mahesh and his family.

Daivik: Why are you so fond of him?

Viren: Daivik is that person in the family who is the family clown. That burly body hides a jovial personality, everyone likes him.

Daivik: So, you don't know.

Viren: I don't know what.

Daivik: That he is Dyuti's father.

Viren: Are you crazy? Mahesh is Shubhi's cousin! This is nonsense!

Daivik: Cousin! I don't believe it! That is a sham!

Viren: Why do you think so?

Daivik: Because he already has a wife and child....so he cannot marry Shubhi...

Viren: What nonsense! It's nothing like that! I know him myself Dev, unlike you – the ex-husband!

Daivik: If you don't believe me, I will show you the proof!

Viren: (angry and upset, crossing his arms on his chest) I am right here, please show me! God knows what stupidity has filled your head. First that fraud allegation and now this weird one!

Daivik: I don't have it handy, but I will prove it! Meet me after dinner!

While Viren went to pick up Veni, Daivik returned home early in the evening. He was on a mission and it took him a couple of hours to find the long-lost email that had been sent to him six years ago, but he felt that he would be able to prove to Viren that he had been cheated on and that cheater was his ex-wife Shubhi and that man- Mahesh. That he was her cousin was a sham that they might have created. This relationship was something he did not know, the revelation had poked holes in his assumption, but his ego did not allow him to backtrack. This was the main reason why he knew that his ex-wife was a cheater! How could he let it go? So easily?

At the other end of the city, the house felt empty for the Khanna family. Shuchi had left for her in-laws, and all the extended family had also returned to their homes. Shubhi missed Mahesh, Anita and Soumya in particular. But she had little time to dwell on that as she had to close the accounts for the boutique and Dyuti was feeling quite tired. She visited Dr Rajan and after the check, he advised rest for Dyuti assuming that the wedding and the festivities after that had drained the little girl. Though it had been more than a month since the surgery, her health still seemed fragile.

As Shubhi returned home, her mother helped to put Dyuti to rest and pulled her daughter aside. They sat in the living room, while her mother sat on the couch, Shubhi sat on the floor putting her head in her mom's lap. Her mother was softly tapping her head.

Shubhi's Mom: You should take some rest, I and your father are there to take care of Dyuti

Shubhi: Thanks mom, without your support, I would have failed as a mother!

Shubhi Mom: Don't say that you are a wonderful mother! Dyuti has never felt that she lacks a father!

Shubhi: But mom I have returned their jewelry now...you thought it would be financial safety for Dyuti.

Shubhi's Mom: I will not go against your decision; you have your dignity.... even if the other family has not shown any.

Shubhi: Thanks mom, I wanted a clean break from them.... I know you are looking for matches for me.

Shubhi Mom: Yes, we are.... but you marry if you want to .... there is no pressure from our side.... we made a mistake with the first one....

Shubhi: My fate in marriage is bad, mom, don't you blame yourself for it....

Shubhi Mom: I only hope for a happy life for you....Shuchi is married happily, and I am so glad for her!

Shubhi: Yes, so if no one meets my criteria, this is where I am staying! Taking care of you and dad!

Shubhi Mom: Such nonsense! we have the whole family here!

Shubhi: Ahh and who was crying when Mahesh bhaiya, Anita and Soumya left?

Shubhi Mom: They are your favorites too! Now they are all looking forward to your marriage!

Shubhi: I know mom.... but it's not easy for me to think like that again......

Shubhi Mom: I know he was your first love....it will not be easy to forget him....and he returned when you are moving on.

Shubhi: Yes....I had moved on......meeting him has been problematic.... I will overcome this....in some more time....and anyway Dyuti is not well, and she is my first priority....

Shubhi Mom: Come to think of it, I am not letting you go....you and Dyuti have always been a blessing for this family!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note:

Thank you all! It has been a virtual downpour of votes and this story was amongst top 10 in Family, Desi and Desiromance! Competing amongst thousands of stories!

🌟 Thanks a bunch for the votes and comments! @minnietina @AKSHARA1904 @Otisheas @AakankshaThodopunoor @Stephanie28beatrix @ArathyVs @hellofeelas @aadha_aloo @2315_me @sequoia_11 @AditiKumari996 LisaB1384 @TashiSingh1 @Amyramalhotra @Akshaya935 @kaashi97 @MonaMaurya @SnowMeadows @kpajvani @SwatigaudC432 @Smiling130840 @asane_addiba @Werewolflove2

Given the number of votes, I am sure to have missed or misspelt some, please leave a comment if you want to be tagged in the next chapter!!

In this chapter, we're peep into Daivik's thoughts- why he thinks Shubhi cheated on him, and you won't believe the twists! Get ready for more revelations. Your support is the driving force behind this story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269K 23.5K 62
Yash Purohit- 27 year old CA, Carefree, Bindass, Jolly, happy Go person. Once you meet him, he will ensure your comfort. He gives his time to family...
85.6K 5.7K 21
"𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥?" __________________________...
78.5K 4.8K 40
Aakhi Love gorgeous things. Bookworm. Polite. Obsessed with romantic noble. Beautiful. Brown eyes. Loves colour red. Live in her fantasy. Happy. M...
105K 4.9K 32
"All I wanted was your respect, Prem." "All I wanted was your love, Abhi." "All I wanted was your care, Rahul." "But I got not even a bit of it." The...