His Solace

Da keepupwithkai23

Sol-ace noun comfort or consolation in a time of distress or sadness. Twenty-three year old Korianna is just... Altro

Cast
CH. 1 Run-In
Ch. 2 The Crew
Ch. 3 Night Out
Ch. 4 Game Night
Ch.5 Bed & Breakfast
Ch. 6 Family Woes
Ch. 7 Renee's Reason
Ch.8 Future Plans
Ch. 9 Anonymous
Ch. 10 Date Night
Ch. 11 Closure?
Ch. 12 New Friend
Ch. 13 Transparency
Ch. 14 Happy Birthday
Ch. 15 Happy Birthday pt. 2
Ch. 16 Attitude Check
Ch. 17 A not so merry Christmas
Ch. 18 Unexpected Return
Ch. 19 Mrs. Woods
Ch. 20 Emergency
Ch. 21 Messy Masquerade
Ch. 22 Caught Up
Ch. 23 Latoya's Side
Ch. 24 Snake
Ch. 25 The Truth
Ch. 26 K&S
Ch. 27 Oops!
Ch. 28 Heated Discussion
Ch. 29 Reasonable Doubt
Ch. 30 Secrets Revealed
Ch. 32 Bad Memory
Ch. 33 Safe Travels
Ch. 34 Bad Feeling
Ch. 35 Think Again
Ch. 36 Helpful Stranger
Ch. 37 Sneaky Creepy
Ch.38 Backstabber
Ch. 39 Not So Stealth
Real Quick
Ch. 40 Reunited
Ch. 41 Reunited pt. 2
Ch. 42 On Your Own
CH. 43 Awkward Encounter
Ch. 44 A&T
Ch. 45 Family Secrets
Ch. 46 Surprise
Ch. 47 Saints Day

Ch. 31 Unfit Parent

784 54 16
Da keepupwithkai23

Sinn POV

A few days later...

"That sketch looks fye" I heard Melo say through the thick weed smoke. We were currently in his office finishing up a blunt before his next client arrived.

I mumbled out a 'preciate it and declined my mom's incoming call. Not in the mood to talk about Kori or Toya at the moment which was 9/10 the reason why she was calling.

Tanks cousin Carmelo agreed to let me be his apprentice. Along with managing a night club he also worked at and owned his own tattoo shop Tattitup studio.

Drawing has always been a hobby of mine before I invested all my time in the streets I invested in learning how to express my emotions through art. It felt good to tune everyone and everything out for a few hours a day.

Coming to Tattitup was a decent distraction from all the women and chaos in my life. It was like as soon as I thought shit was going good some fuck shit happened to bring me back down to earth.

In the beginning I only stopped by maybe once or twice a week not wanting to be a nuisance to the very busy staff. But after the kissing bullshit with Kori I've been here damn near every day.

I don't expect anyone to be perfect I don't think anyone will ever be but I DO expect the woman I love to be honest and transparent with me. It's like I keep running into women who don't know what they want and I'm over it.

I appreciated Melo for letting me work along side him, attend business meetings, and learn the in and outs of running your own shop. Much like Tank he was a man of very few words only speaking when necessary so when he complimented me on my work I knew he meant it.

"You ready to put that needle to work today? I gotta new client coming in that's requesting you"

Sure I practiced a few small tatts like birth year, roses, and quotes on a few of his employees over the last few weeks but I never had an official client.

"I mean shit yeah I don't remember telling no one I was here though. You know what they want?"

He shook his head no as I thought about who this mystery client could be.

"Nah ion know but aye Jazz got you setup in the booth across the hall you can go see if everything's to ya liking while I check the front"

After setting up I decided to go through my texts and voicemails seeing over 5 from Latoya the one that caught my eye was Children's Hospital. Quickly pressing play I listened to the nurse

"Hello, this message is for Mr. Knight my names Tina I'm a nurse here at Children's Hospital your son Saint was admitted to us earlier today and we need to speak to a parent about his current condition. Please give us a call back at 832-.."

My heart stopped as I listened to the nurse's message. Saint, my son, admitted to the hospital? How could this be happening? I frantically dialed the number provided, my hands shaking as I waited for someone to pick up.

"Children's Hospital, how may I direct your call?" a receptionist answered.

"This is Sincere Knight. I received a message about my son, Saint. What's going on?" I tried to keep my voice steady, but the panic was evident.

"Just a moment, sir. Let me connect you with Nurse Tina," the receptionist replied before transferring the call.

Seconds felt like hours as I waited for Nurse Tina to pick up. Finally, a familiar voice came on the line.

"Mr. Knight, thank you for returning our call. I'm Nurse Tina. Your son Saint was brought in earlier today. He's stable now, but we need to discuss his condition and treatment plan with you," she explained gently.

My mind raced with questions and fears. How serious was it? What happened to Saint? But I focused on staying composed. "I'll be there as soon as I can. Please, tell me where to find him."

Nurse Tina provided the necessary information, and I hung up the phone, my mind reeling. I turned to Melo's shop, realizing I had to leave immediately. But I couldn't just disappear without an explanation.

Rushing to find Melo, I interrupted him in the middle of managing the front.

"Melo, I need to talk to you. It's urgent," I blurted out, my mind still consumed by thoughts of Saint.

Melo glanced at me, sensing the urgency in my voice. "What's up?"

"I just got a call from the Children's Hospital. They said my son was admitted, and I need get up there ASAP," I explained quickly, the weight of the situation evident in my tone.

Melo's expression softened, understanding washing over his features. "Go, Sinn. Family comes first. We'll handle things here. Let me know if you need anything."

I nodded gratefully, as I rushed out of the shop, my mind solely focused on getting to Saint.

Doing something I hadn't done since a child I prayed during the whole car ride to the hospital. I prayed my son was ok that it  was just something minor.  Bursting through the hospital doors I sped past the overly long check in line luckily nurse Tina already provided me with Saints floor and room number so I headed straight to the elevator.

My heart almost beat out my chest upon entering his room seeing his tiny leg in a cast made me furious. Toya sat watching his chest rise and fall intensely not noticing my presence until I cleared my throat. When she turning her head towards me I noticed her black eye and a dark purple bruise on her arm.

"What happened to my son Latoya?" I sneered tears instantly poured from her eyes but she didn't speak.

Closing my eyes and counting to 10 in my head I tried to calm myself down knowing whatever came out of her mouth would send me over the edge.

"We got into a fight and then.."

"So ya bitch ass nigga put his hands on my fucking son?! You let that nigga put my child in a fucking hospital bed?!" I sneered at her through gritted teeth trying not to raise my voice and disturb Saints sleep.

She dropped her head down in defeat as she began to softly sob. I didn't care about her fake ass tears what type of mother allowed someone to harm her infant?

"I'm so sorry I didn't know he would hurt him. Sincere I would never put him in harms way-"

"EXCEPT YOU DID! HOW COME YOU NEVER KNOW SHIT TILL AFTER THE FACT TOYA?! DIDN'T KNOW IF YOU WANTED TO BE MARRIED, DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE PREGNANT, DIDN'T KNOW YOUR BOYFRIEND WAS ABUSIVE WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW?!" I yelled unable to keep my composure.

"Hi I'm nurse Tina is everything ok in here?" the white red head asked with concern

"No. Can you explain his injuries to me I'm his father" I sighed

"Saint has a fractured left leg according to mom he fell off his changing table..." she glanced at Latoya who refused to look at us. I could tell the nurse didn't believe that bullshit excuse.

After going over his medication list and follow up appointments with the nurse she asked me to step outside for a moment.

"Legally I shouldn't be having this conversation with you but I can tell you're a caring father. She's clearly being abused and so is your son if she thinks child services is going to fall for the ookie doke she's sadly mistaken.

I don't know if you're aware but this is Saints third ER visit in the last month. Please if you don't do anything else save that precious baby" she spoke with pleading eyes.

"I had no idea and between me and you I'm currently fighting for full custody. Is there any way you could get me his medical records or the discharge papers from his last two ER visits?" I asked she nodded yes and within 5 minutes I had what I needed.

I made sure to shoot Mr. Howard a text before re-entering Saints room.

A knock at the door was heard before two people a police officer and I assume child services walked in the room.

"Hello I'm officer Arnold and this is Miss. Walsh we just had a few questions for you both"

I zoned in and out as they asked Toya numerous questions pausing only to stare at each other every few minutes.

"And sir where were you during this alleged accident?" officer Arnold questioned me not caring for his tone or his intense glare I had to bite my cheek to keep from cussing his off brand Clifton Powell wanna be ass out.

"I was actually at work. Me and his mother don't live together nor do we date. This is strictly a co-parenting relationship when she let's me see my son of course" I responded back

Miss. Walsh's hands moved tirelessly as I watched her scribble in her notepad.

"Ms. Roland could please follow me?" the officer asked Latoya. She hesitantly obliged, a few moments later her voice could be heard from the hallway.

"You can't take me away from my baby!" she screamed I popped my head out of the room to see her attempting to fight another officer.

Saints whales caught my attention as I gently picked him up and calmed him down.

"You're really great with him. I'm a close associate of Mr. Howards so I'm well aware of the custody battle between you and Ms. Roland.

If she can beat the child endangerment charges you guys may have to go to court but for now you have full custody of him. Congratulations Mr. Knight here's my business card if you need it."

Miss Walsh left shortly after that and it was just me and Saint I couldn't help the happy tears that fell as I watched him fall back asleep.

A few hours later

My eyes searched the room in confusion until I remembered I was in the hospital

Damn I must've fell asleep

When my eyes landed on her I had mixed emotions since this was our first time seeing each other in a few days. She jumped once she noticed me staring.

"Y-you scared me m-ma well both of our moms wanted to make sure you and Papa were o-ok"  I noticed whenever her anxiety was acting up she'd stumble and play with her fingers just like she is now.

"Kori how'd you know where I was?"

"I s-still have your location" she mumbled

We stared at each other in silence neither one of us knowing how to proceed. "I can go if you w-"

"Shut that shit up and come get in bed with us" I waved her off yes I was still mad about her kissing her ex but right now I needed my family which included her.

I chuckled as she practically ran to the hospital bed and gently laid on top of me as not to move or disturb Saint.

"I know you not crying mamas" I said knowing damn well her cry baby ass was

"No because what happened to my baby" she huffed while massaging one of his hands.

"That's a long story but he's out of here tomorrow and staying with me indefinitely" I sighed in relief.

"Good! and I'm sorry for not telling you about Symeir he kissed me I didn't kiss him back but I still should've said something. I'm so sorry I miss you so much" I just held her tight and kissed her forehead

"We can talk about that some other time baby girl. I missed you too"

"Ok you hungry? I can order us something and do they have formula here or do we need to buy some? What about bottles omg clothes yes we can change my spare room into his room omg!"

I couldn't help the huge grin that spread on my face as I watched Kori go from worried to excited in a matter of seconds.

"What I'm doing too much huh?"

"Nah never I love yo lil extra ass"

"Awww you still love me? I love you too"

"Hell yeah just cause you piss me off don't mean I don't love you. Now c'mon lets see what Doordash and Ubereats saying"

A/N: Y'all this week beat tf outta me omg normally I'd have two updates by now but life is lifing ugh!

Any who please excuse any mistakes this is unedited thanks for all your votes and comments ❤️

Oh I almost forgot thanks for getting me to #2 in the drugs category this week🫶🏾🥹 ofc that # changed but that's ok I do this for my own enjoyment everything else is just extra fr

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

441 20 27
Sasha had the perfect life for a 24 year old, in a committed relationship for 2 years, stable job and an amazing apartment. Life was going good until...
2.1K 36 21
"Such a needy little girl. Get on your knees for me," I don't waste a second and automatically begin to lower myself, "Dios mío.. you so look beauti...
Bounded Souls Da LataviaWrites

Romanzi rosa / ChickLit

17.4K 1.8K 20
Solana Jacobs was raised in a town where her future was predicted based on her mother who couldn't let go of drugs. After moving to start a new life...
468 70 26
Norman has always felt a hole in his heart. He never knew why. He was happy with his brother and their father. Until their fathers left them alone. H...