-The Children of Darkness- Th...

By Neverland07112

Aurora Riddle is the daughter of Bellatrix Lestrange and Lord Voldemort. She grew up with her brother Mattheo... More

Author's space
Main characters
Our suffering begins
Getting started
The Return of the Dark Lord P1
IL RITORNO DEL SIGNORE OSCURE (P2)
The train
Welcome to Hogwarts
Slytherin
First Day (P1)
First Day (P2)
Fragility
Moments of peace and quiet
Xmas holidays
New Headmistress
Rescue plan
End of the year
Changes
Responsibility
The Half-blood prince
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"
Her mother's daughter
The Last Chance
Sectumsempra
Dumbledore is dead
New us
Family Loyalties and Forbidden Desires
The Weight of Choices

Dumbledore's Army

118 1 1
By Neverland07112

Aurora's POV
2 weeks later

Autumn had already arrived, the leaves were yellowing and the days were getting darker and rainy. I'm walking through the school corridors when Hermione grabs my arm and pulls me behind a wall.

Me: Hermione, hi! You gave me a fright!
Hermione: Hi, sorry, I couldn't talk in public.
Me: What's going on? You need help with Potions and you don't want anyone to see you?
I ask laughing, she smiles but then turns serious again
Hermione: Are you coming to Hogsmeade tomorrow?
Me: Yes, why is everything okay?
Hermione: OK, then go to the Hog's Head pub.
Me: OK, but what's wrong, Hermione?
Hermione: It's this Defence Against the Dark Arts thing.
Me: Have you spoken to Harry?
Hermione: Yes.

I smile satisfied

Me: Of course I'll be there, I can't wait to hear your plans.
She takes my arm and we walk to the Potions Room.

The next day

On this sunny October morning, I decide to wear a green jumper with blue stripes, low-rise jeans and my usual high burgundy converse.

Mattheo comes in as I tie up my hair with a bobby pin and throw on his brown leather jacket, I grab my handbag, check I have everything, give Zephyrus a kiss and leave the room.

Pancy: So you're guaranteed to be with these losers all day?

Me: Yes, I already told you that

Enzo: Do you want us to get you something?

Me: My brother will refuel for both of us, but thank you Enzo.

He agrees and joins Theo, Daphne taking me beside her as we leave the common room.

Daphne: Lorenzo has a crush on you, did you know that?

Me: He's just being nice.

Pancy: Yes, it's true, Enzo is so gentle, but with you... I don't know, he has a strange light in his eyes and...

Theo comes up behind us

Theo: That's not true, they both know that Enzo has had a crush on Pancy since the beginning of time, they just want to make sure that you don't see Draco and Blaise.

Daphne: Don't be silly, she's our friend, she would never hit on them!

I nod, thinking of Draco, but then I get my head together again and think that if he wants to be with Pancy, he can be there without a problem, the only important thing is that he doesn't hit on me.

Pancy: And anyway, Draco and I aren't together, we're friends who keep each other company sometimes, that's all... ....

Me: But you two...

Pancy: No, Draco doesn't want to...

Daphne and Theo: You don't make out!

Pancy: It's none of your business anyway!

We get to the school exit and see Harry looking around, so I wink at my friends and flank him.

Me: Good morning.

He blushes and puts his hand behind his head

Harry: Hey, hi, how's...

He doesn't have time to finish his sentence before Hermione comes over and hugs me.

Hermione: Then let's go.

She says, making a sign to Ron.

We line up behind Filch so he can check our permits, but when Harry's turn comes the Caretaker starts sniffing him and I frown.

When he's finished, he gives him a nod and the four of us hurry down the long stone steps.

Me: Why did Filch smell you?

Harry: I think he was looking for a turd bomb.

He laughs and I do the same, even though I had no idea what a poo bomb was. Hermione takes my hand and starts walking faster.

Hermione: I have to tell you something... ....

Me: What?

Hermione: I think Cho Chang likes Harry....

Cho Chang...it takes me a while to remember the girl from Ravenclaw.

Me: Hmm, so?

Hermione: I don't know, I just like you and Harry more, that's all.

I burst out laughing, Harry and I, even if I tried I'd never be able to feel anything for him, it was never in the plans to get involved with him, the mission was just to infiltrate his group and be a mole for my father, with Severus as the messenger of course.

Me: Do you really think Harry and I would make a good couple?

Hermione: Well, I think so...

She couldn't believe what she was saying either.

Hermione: OK, let's just say I'd rather see you and Harry together than Cho and him... ....

Me: Why did I think you liked her?

Hermione: Who misses perfection, I'm just sorry her ex died, but I don't really trust her...

I nod; we pass the boar statues and head left towards the village, hair in our eyes from the wind. We arrive at the pub, an inn off the main road, very isolated with a creaky old wooden sign, from the outside it didn't look as crowded as the famous Three Broomsticks pub. We wait at the entrance for two seconds.

Hermione: Let's go in!

I'm the first to set foot in the place, small and cramped; the windows were all encrusted and light couldn't get into the room, which was lit only by candle stumps resting on rough wooden tables. There were only four people in the whole place, the owner, two hooded wizards and an old witch.

Me: It's practically deserted...

Ron: I didn't understand why we couldn't go to the Three Broomsticks, that place is spooky.

He approaches us so that no one can hear him.

Ron: And it smells like goat

The barman comes to the bar with a gruff face and asks us what we want, we get three butterbeers and sit down at the other table.

Ron: You know, I think we could do with that, I've always wanted to try Incendiary Whisky, you know?

Hermione's eyes widen

Hermione: Well, if you're not a Prefect, you can do whatever you like, but at the moment I'd strongly advise against it, Ronald!

Although he would like to protest, Ron throws up his hands in defeat.

The pub door opens and a gaggle of boys enter, led by Nevil, Lavender and Dean. They are joined by Cho and other bewildered Ravenclaws, many from the Gryffindor house, Anna Abbot, Prefect of Badgerfrass, accompanied by a companion from her house, Luna, as always in dreamland, and asking for a queue were the Weasly twins and Lee Jordan.

Harry: A pair?

He whispered to Hermione.

Harry: A pair?

Hermione: Well, apparently the idea was successful.

The twins ordered pints of butterbeer for everyone, who began to chat merrily; Harry was shocked.

Harry: But what did you say to Hermione? What do they want from me?

Hermione: Nothing, they just want to hear what you have to say! They just want me to do the talking...

Harry looks at me despondently, then I smile and put my hand on his leg.

Me: Don't be nervous Harry, you'll see it'll be fine, Hermione almost always has good ideas...

He nods and pats my hand; Hermione stands up, attracting everyone's attention, but after a few seconds they start talking again, not paying attention to her.

Hermione: Um, well, hello....

No one listens to her, I put my hand to my head, if Hermione was so flustered and nervous then how did she think Harry could handle something like this. I stand up and clear my throat, the silence returning.

Me: Well, since we're all here, I think we can start, what do you say?

Hermione: Well then we all know why we're here, Harry and I think it's about time we learnt Defence Against the Dark Arts for real, not that rubbish Umbridge makes us study! 

They all nodded and Hermione seemed more confident.

Hermione: That's why I think we need someone to teach us not only the theoretical part, but also the practical part, by practising spells and preparing us to really defend ourselves, because...

He pauses and takes a deep breath

Hermione: Lord Voldemort has returned.

X: Where is the proof that you know who has returned?

A boy from Yewfrass asked

Hermione: Dumbledore believes him.

X: Dumbledore believes him

I watched the debate that followed Hermione's statement; my father had told me that it was better for his plan that no one knew of his return, so I should pretend not to believe Harry.

However, the newspaper and the secret were already doing a good job and it would be harder to make friends with Harry if I did not believe what he said.

After discussing where and when the first meeting would take place, Hermione made everyone present sign a paper instructing them not to tell anyone about the group and what we were doing.

Harry: Then I declare the first meeting of Dumbledore's Army closed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645K 32.5K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
1.5K 54 22
After my mum died it was like all the happiness in my dads life was ripped out of him, now all he feels is anger and pain. He would always say that h...
8.8K 277 13
This is the second book to Johnny's Little Sister. I advise you to read Johnny's Little Sister if you haven't read it. Because if you read this one f...
19.1K 317 10
Ever wished Bucky was real? Well I can't make that happen unfortunately but I can make you imagine what you're life would be like if he was real. [...