The Alpha's Mate

By ameliaamarie21

Branson Williams, it's his last year in school, and he finds out who his mate is this year. He is openly gay... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Nine

1.7K 71 31
By ameliaamarie21

Branson Williams

"You guys.. are going on a date?" Harper asks, as we make our way through the lunch line. Glancing at her, then grabbing some food, I sigh.

"Yeah, I guess?" I huff, thanking the lunch ladies as I move through the line.

"Can you guys go into a public place together?" she asks seriously, as we make our way to a table of wolves. I let out a heavy breath.

"I don't know, honestly. It could be a disaster, but he's trying. He deserves a chance so '' I mumble to her, as we take our seats at the table. Dylan is already there, messing around with some of the guys. I smile small at him, before going back to Harper.

"At least you're giving him a chance, that's mature" she nods, sipping some of her juice. "You'll text me how it goes?" she asks, and I nod.

"Of course"

"You and mister moody are going on a date?" Dyl asks, eyeing me.

"Yup" I grumble, and he nudges me.

"It'll be fine" he mumbles, and I nod. It will be.

It has to be.

Having two siblings can make life so hectic, at least that's what's going through my mind as I open my front door to yelling and laughter.

Stepping inside, I surveyed the room. There's two toddlers running around, aunt Sam is chasing one while dad is trying to get the other. Pops and Alpha are sitting in the living room laughing as Noah and Layla watch the shit show happen.

"Hello brother" Xan smiles from the stairs, "We're a busy house tonight" he nods to the shit show. "Your mate has been here all day, pacing the house like a crazy person"

A smile tugs at my lips. "He's nervous?" I keep my voice low. He nods.

"Oh yeah" Xan's voice is gentle. "Are you?"

"I dont think itll go well.. That's what's making me nervous "I admit, and he nods his head, leaning against the railing.

"Makes sense, but if you go into it thinking that then you're setting yourself up for failure. Try to stay positive"

"Funny coming from you"

"I know" he winks,

"I better go get ready" I murmured, before climbing the stairs two at a time. When I get to my room, Noah's voice wraps around my mind.

'Hike before dinner?'

'Okay, where are we getting dinner?'

'What do you want?'

Chewing my lip, I decided to be truthful. 'I think a hike and takeout would be good'

'Pizza or Chinese?'

'Definitely chinese'

The link slowly fades, and I get on some clean sweats and use the bathroom before heading back downstairs. My siblings and Noah are sitting on the couch still. Once he sees me he pushes to his feet, making his way over.

"Ready?" he asks, clearing his throat. Nodding my head, I slip on some gym shoes and make my way to the front door. We leave the chaotic house, making our way to Noah's truck. It's his dad's old one, he's been driving for years.

We climb in, not saying much of anything. I buckle up, and Noah starts driving. Not sure where we're going to go for the hike, and he doesn't offer up any information.

Staring out the window I watch as we head out of our gated community. That piques my interest, because that means we can't shift. Which makes sense, but I guess I didn't really process that part.

I must get lost in my own thoughts, because Noah's parking the truck and pulling me from my thoughts. He gets out without a word, and I follow suit. He doesn't wait for me, instantly starts walking.

Frustration or irritation? Not sure, but my voice comes out sharp. "What's the point of inviting me if we're just going to ignore each other?" I don't make a move to follow him, and he stops turning towards me.

"I don't know what you want from me, Bran. I don't know how to do this with you" he runs his fingers through his hair, letting out a heavy breath. I make my way to him, stopping a few feet from him.

"I don't know either. But not talking isn't the way to go"

"Okay" he turns, slowly starts walking. "When did you know you were gay?" he asks, the sudden question almost throwing me off. I slowly follow him, clearing my throat.

"I think I always knew, I saw my dads together and I wanted that. I didn't want a girl, never was interested in them. What about you?" I ask, remembering his confession.

"When things shifted between Lay and I. When I realized she was in love with me, I couldn't reciprocate the feelings."

My steps falter, and I stare at his back for a moment. "She's in love with you?" my voice is a whisper, and he turns.

"Was" he corrects, but a lot hits me at once. How she clings to him, how she's never shown interest in guys. She's never kissed anyone, she's never wanted anyone.

"No.. Noah she is in love with you" my voice falters like my steps did, and my eyes start to burn. "Oh my goddess, she's IN love with you" He takes a couple large steps, erasing the distance. His hand cups my jaw.

"That doesn't change anything for me" he whispers, and my heart cracks further.

"It- This has to be- this has to destroy her Noah" my eyes burn so bad, and he shakes his head.

"She knew this was going to happen, she's known for years we were mates. And i liked guys"

"That doesn't stop how you feel '' I whisper, my chest aching. "Oh my goddess" I step away, letting his hand fall to his side. "Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I didn't think it mattered- i don't think she feels that way anymore Bran" he takes a step closer to me, and i let out a broken laugh.

"You don't just stop loving someone" I step back, leaning against a tree. "Noah- think about your guy's life. Her life revolves around you." a heavy breath leaves my chest, as my vision turns fuzzy. "I need to go home and talk to her"

"She's okay with this- with us. She hasn't said anything"

"You're delusional" a laugh pulls from me. "We're done here, take me home" I turn on my heel, and make my way to his truck.

—-

"You're in love with him?" My voice is rough, as I burst through Layla's bedroom door. Noah is hot on my heels, and Layla's body tenses.

"What?"

"You heard me- you're in love with my mate and didn't tell me? Layla what the fuck" my voice is harsh, but im so mad at myself i dont care.

"What- No" she instantly starts to deny, but her eyes start to water and they quickly find Noah's. There's so much love in her eyes for him it makes me sick.

"Layla" my voice comes out a broken whisper. "You should've told me. We could have convinced Pops to let me reject him" i step closer, and Noah's turning me to him before i can finish my next step.

"Bran-Pups- No no we can't do that-'' he starts, but Layla is next to me shaking her head.

"I would never, ever ask you to do that" she avoids looking at Noah, her tears pouring out of her eyes. "I'm so sorry. I didn't want to complicate things"

"I'm hurting you and you're saying sorry?" my voice comes out louder, "We can't do this Noah" my eyes snap to his "I'm sorry-"

Before my next words can get out, lips are on mine. My eyes widen, and sparks zap from my lips to my fucking toes. My wolf purrs, and my body hums.

A loud, feral growl emits from Noah, and I hear a loud thud before I feel the wall slamming into my back. My eyes shut at some point, and I started kissing back somewhere between the middle of the room and the wall.

Everything in my brain floats away, all the sadness for my sister fades as a tongue pushes its way into my mouth. Our tongues meet gently, and then the same feral growl comes out louder.

It pulls me from my hazy mind, and I'm pulling away. The same lips roughly meet the skin of my neck, and go over my pulse point. Teeth nip and bite the skin, and my wolf is pushing forward.

But then Noah is being pulled off, and Pops is standing between us. Layla is crying, and Dad and Xan are in the doorway.

"What's going on?" Pops asks, his brows furrowing. Another growl rumbles through the room, and my eyes snap to Noah's. His eyes are dark- practically black and he snarls at Pops, who's putting all his effort into keeping Noah back.

"I-I don't know '' I murmur, and Layla's tears are all I can focus on. My heart starts aching, and my eyes start to sting. Tears start to fill my eyes and Noah's growling turns on Layla.

"NOLAN!" Pop's voice was loud, and I forgot how full our house was. Alpha comes rushing in, helping pops get ahold of Noah.

"Nolan what is happening?" Aunt Sam's voice comes from besides dad, and Nolan pins Noah to a wall shaking his head.

"His wolf- He's taking over and he's mad at something. Let's get him into Branson's room. Everyone moves, Bran stays close" Alpha demands, and everyone freezes for a moment. Layla takes a step towards me, and Noah's growling turns darker.

"It's her," Alpha says, his eyes cutting to my sister. "Layla goes to the other side of the room. He's not in control right now" he barks out the demands. Layla goes to the furthest side of the room, and everyone clears from the doorway.

"P, help me get him to Branson's room. Bran starts walking there, he'll follow you" he nods his head, and I slowly take a step. Adrenaline soaks into my blood, and I take slow steps to my room. They follow, keeping Noah in a tight grip. He growls, snarls, and nips at the air.

Once we're in my room, my scent surrounds Noah, the growling lightening up. It's still there, but it's not as deep and dark. They release Noah, and he's storming his way across the room and pulling my body into his own.

So much just fucking happened, i dont know what to do. But I hug him back, and I feel him shudder in my arms.

The growling fades, and the tension in the room thickens.

What the fuck just happened?

A/N

Bran knows Layla is in love with Noah! This made my heart break for her. Let me know what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1M 355K 66
Throughout the whole of Evan's life, he was convinced he was a sinner. Raised by his psychotic brother who was the Alpha of his pack, Evan believes t...
128K 3.9K 28
Liam Cole. He's got it all. Good looks, an intact family, and a future. Nothing can go wrong in his life, it just isn't fathomable. - Milo Lazos...
5.2M 278K 83
Oliver's life turns upside down when he learns that werewolves exist and one of them is his mate, but things get dangerous when he starts to learn mo...
81.8K 2.5K 28
Peyton is an 18 year old, who is waiting to meet his mate. He will be the Beta of the Blue Moon pack after he finishes his senior year in high school...