College Diaries

By WrittenbyShaie

It was the summer of '16 and Ameerah was in it for the long run. Her mother was done believing anything that... More

COPYRIGHT © 2020
Cast
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
NEW BOOK!!!
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
40.
41.

39.

16 3 5
By WrittenbyShaie

Ameerah

"We gotta celebrate man. You know how long I been waiting for shit to go back to normal?" Duke asked.

"No I don't but I'm sure you're gonna tell me." I said sarcastically.

"A long ass time man. I missed you a lot." Duke said.

Right now they were walking outside of the courthouse to each other's car.

"So what club we hitting tonight?" Duke asked.

"A club? Nah, I don't know about that."

"Come on Meerah. We gotta celebrate. It'll be fun." He said.

Ameerah had an uneasy look on her face. As far as she remembered the last time she attended any kind of party things got out of hand. Hence how Saylor was born.

"What you worried about?" Ryan asked.

"Do I really have to state the obvious?"

"Well if you not comfortable with it then we don't have to do anything."

"Nigga who is we? Nobody invited yo ass." Odell said.

"Dell. Stop being mean." Ameerah said with a stern face.

"You promised you were gonna forgive him like I did with y'all."

"Aight my bad." He said throwing his hands up.

"Just think about it ma. Aight? Ima hit y'all later and see what the word is." Duke said.

"Yeah I will. Where you headed?"

"Yeah I can definitely tell you getting your memories back. Your ass all in my business right now." He said chuckling.

"Haha very funny but I'm serious. You just said you missed me so whats up?" I said.

I had a feeling I knew exactly where he was going. I just wanted to see if he was going to tell me.

"Chill ma. Don't worry I'll be back before you know it. I got some business I need to handle aight?"

"Yeah whatever nigga. Come on Dell."

"You gonna meet us at the house?" I asked Ryan

"Uh nah. Y'all go ahead and text me the final plans. It's something I gotta take care of."

"Why does everyone have something they need to take care of all of a sudden?" I asked rhetorically.

Odell laughed and said "Chill. Just let em go and we can link up later. It's cool."

"Whatever." I said rolling my eyes.

We made it back to campus and of course all eyes were on us. I tried not to make much eye contact but I noticed some familiar faces.

It was Summer and Kelsey.

"Ameerah? Wow. How have you been?" Summer asked.

"I'm here too." Odell said making them all laugh.

"Sorry Dell. I just haven't seen her in awhile."

"Nah I get it. I'm just fucking with you."

"Anyway is this you actually being concerned or just nosey?" I asked.

"Ameerah.. I'm sorry about what went down between us and honestly we should've reached out sooner. Even before we heard about what happened to you."

"Yeah I second that Meerah. It was all just awkward feminine jealously going on." Kelsey said looking at Odell.

"Yeah well none of that was on my part. I just wanted my friends back."

"My bad. I wasn't trying to imply that it was on you. I meant on our part. It really was stupid and I miss our little trio." Kelsey said.

"But now it looks like we're gonna be a foursome."

"Oh my God Kelsey. I can't believe you just said that." I said laughing.

"What?! What's wrong with a foursome??"

"Well first of all it sounds like we're all engaging in sexual acts." Summer said.

"So what are we supposed to call it?" She asked.

"A group of 4 is definitely called a quartet. That's more appropriate." Summer said.

"Shit my bad. Y'all know I don't pay attention in my classes." She made us all laugh.

"Well since we're on the topic I do wanna introduce y'all to somebody. This is Saylor Reign Beckham. My daughter."

I seen the confusion hit there faces instantly. More so on Kelsey's face. I know her and Odell have history but I wanted to know if this attempt at reconnection was real and not a ploy for information. If it is real she'd let me explain and not let her jealously show again.

"Your daughter? Beckham? You and Odell been fucking around with each other?" Summer asked.

I chuckled and said "God no."

"Heyy!" Odell said slightly taking offense.

"I didn't mean it like that Dell. I just thought you knew our relationship better than that Summer." I said laughing.

"Hell it's been so long anything could've happened."

"You're right and we do have a lot of catching up to do. I'm gonna be honest I've missed our trio a lot too."

"Why don't y'all come over later? We're supposed to be going out to the club to celebrate but maybe we can all chill in the apartment with some drinks?" I asked.

"Yeah sure. I'll text you since you probably don't have our numbers anymore. It was so good to see you Ameerah and I'm glad we had this conversation." She said walking away with Kelsey.

I was glad we had this conversation too. Now if I can only get the boys to act right towards each other my life will finally be back on track. The way it was supposed to be from the beginning.
~~~
Ryan

It's been a long time since I've spoken with Destiny. The only reason I haven't reached out sooner is because I didn't know what to say to her. What I did was wrong. I'm man enough to admit that. I just need her to know it was never my intention to hurt her.

I reached out to her not too long ago and to my surprise she responded. I'm hoping she'll be receptive to what I say to her today.

"Destiny.. Long time no see. How you been?" I asked.

"I've been doing fine without you. Why'd you call me Ryan?"

"I wanted to talk to you and clear the air. It's long overdue."

"I'm listening."

"I don't even know where to begin Destiny. I know I haven't been the man you've known in a long time. Nor have I been the man you needed or wanted. I've done nothing but cause you pain and problems because of what I was going through. That wasn't fair to you."

"And why was that? Why did you treat me that way despite me being there for you?"

"I tried doing everything I could to help you through that tough time. I even put myself on the back burner just to try and make you happy."

"I was going through a rough time. After everything that happened with Ameerah.. Seeing her like that in the tub. It changed me. It broke something inside of me. But I need you to know that I never meant to hurt you. You meant a lot to me."

"But not as much as Ameerah means to you. To be clear, you treated me like shit because of what happened with her? Right?"

"Is that all you two are.. friends?"

"I don't like the way you just put that. I didn't purposefully treat you like shit. My emotions got the best of me but I know thats not an excuse."

"And to answer your question, yes.. she's one of my best friends. What else would we be?"

Destiny chuckled slightly. "We're not together anymore Ryan. You can tell me the truth. Before we decided to make it official we were friends before anything."

"So tell me.. Are you in love with her Ryan?"

Ryan took a pause. He'd never considered he may have feelings for Ameerah... Let alone be in love with her. But Destiny's question did have him thinking about the moment he knew he truly loved Ameerah.

Duke pulled out his phone and called the last number which was Chanel. She answered on the first ring.

"Hello? Are you here yet this bitch talking bout she gone kill me!" She yelled.

He laughed and said "Yeah man we out here. Where y'all at?"

"This shit ain't funny but if you come through the front and walk straight back it should be the first door on the right." She said.

"Aight." He said hanging up.

We followed the directions Chanel gave us and opened the door to the room. Ameerah just looked at us as if we weren't there.

"Thank God. Y'all need to keep y'all pet on a leash." Chanel walked up and said.

"Bitch you called them here?!" Ameerah yelled.

She looked angry as hell.

"Ima kill yo ass. Just wait on it." Ameerah said.

Sheesh... She didn't look good at all.

"Man what the hell is you doing? Why she had to call us here... What's going on with you? We thought you was good." Odell said.

"Man i'm straight.... I don't need this right now." She said.

"Nigga you need all of this right now. I'm not letting you do this shit. The fuck wrong wit yo ass." Odell said.

"Man y'all heard her.. leave her alone." The dealer said.

"Ain't nobody talking to yo ass pipe down lil bruh." Luke said.

"Ion gotta do shit. Are we doing this or not?" He asked Ameerah.

I looked at this nigga sideways like the fuck is he on right now? He gone talk to her like we not standing here right now?

"Ameerah let's go." Duke said with authority.

"Man who you? Leave her alone." The dealer said.

"Her nigga. Fuck you mean." He said.

I looked at Duke and then back at Ameerah. I hadn't realized the two made it official but now wasn't the time to think about it.

"That ain't what she told me nigga." The dealer said.

At this point I was annoyed as hell and shocked by her behavior. I don't know if she was high or what but I've been waiting to take my anger out on someone. Fights been real slow lately.

"Man let's fucking go." Duke said while snatching Ameerah by her arm.

"Y'all better take care of this nigga before I shoot his ass." Duke said.

I simply gave him a head nod because shit was about to get real.

"Man ain't nobody finna do shit." He said.

Little did he know...

"If you still alive after this... don't let me catch you in these streets nigga." Duke said.

Duke dragged Ameerah off to the car which left the three of us to handle the dealer. I didn't need their help. I was finna handle this nigga by myself.

I looked around to see if anybody was around and then I two pieced him.

He fell to the ground and looked up at me stunned. He didn't know what hit him literally.

"Yeah these hands lethal aren't they nigga?" I asked taunting him.

"What did she tell y'all?" He asked frantically.

"She must've told y'all something fucked up for me to be in this situation." He added.

We just stared at him. It's not about what she didn't tell us, it's about what he did. Selling her those pills.

"Whatever she told y'all... she wanted me to do it." He said.

I scrunched my face up. I was confused about what the hell he was talking about?

I snatched him up from the ground.

"What the hell you say nigga?" I asked.

"Whatever she told y'all I did she wanted me to.. Hell she practically begged me." He chuckled.

"She said she ain't had none in a minute and she was craving it. So I gave it to her." He said.

The more he talked the angrier I got. So I did what I came here to do.. I started beating his ass like he was my opponent.

Every time I landed a hit all I could see was the two of them together in that room doing God knows what. It made me angrier. I started seeing red.

"Ryan. That's enough man." Luke said.

"You gone kill him. Chill out." Odell semi yelled.

I ignored everything I heard. I might as well have been blacked out at this point. I didn't care.

"This nigga not gone stop." Odell said.

"Aight man. Stop. Get off of him." Luke said pulling me back.

My knuckles were bruised and bloody. His face had blood all over it.

I have no regrets about it till this day. He got what was coming to him.

I had never felt that kind of anger before but I guess I also never realized how much I loved her. I was over her. In that moment I felt like I needed to protect her.. to save her even. I did what had to be done and I'd do it again. Like always, Ima always be there to protect her.

"So maybe I am. Thats not going to change anything. I'm pretty sure her and Duke are gonna try to work things out. I can't backdoor my homeboy like that."

"Ryan you and I both know that their relationship was the farthest thing from healthy. Hell I don't even know if they were actually together half the times they had fights."

"What's your point?"

"My point is Duke could never give her what you can."

"And whats that?"

"A healthy, stable, passionate relationship. I guess deep down I always knew there was something there between you two. At least on your end but I ignored the thought of it because she was with Duke."

"The way you acted those months she was in a coma only confirmed what I already knew."

"Destiny I'm sorry-"

"Ryan it's ok. I've already made peace with the situation and moved on. I accepted that you may never apologize for what happened between us and I was ok with that. But I couldn't spend another day feeling what I felt for you or myself. I had to get myself out of that hole. So if you need to hear it, I forgive you Ryan. There is no bad blood between us moving forward."

"Thank you Des. You don't know how much I needed to hear that. If I'm being honest I was scared to face you and the situation that happened. I didn't mean to do it but my anger won in that moment."

"I get it. That's why I forgive you. You're the only person I know that can control their emotions like a pro. I knew you weren't yourself."

"I appreciate this. Would it be too much to ask for a hug?"

"Of course not." She said standing up to embrace him.

They hugged for a few more seconds then released each other.

"We were supposed to be going out later to celebrate our win in court today but I don't think Ameerah is up for it. I think we're going to stay in and chill with each other. Do you wanna come?"

"Sure. Maybe I can be your wing man and help you win Ameerah over."

"Ahh chill out Des. I don't even know if she's interested like that."

"Well leave it to me. By the end of tonight you'll know if you and Ameerah are on the same page."

A part of Ryan was excited that Destiny was helping him but another part of him felt low down. It felt wrong. Almost like he was taking her away from Duke.

"Now what's this about a court win? Who went to court?" She asked curiously.

"I'll fill you in in the car. Come on."
~~~
Duke

"I don't appreciate you dissing me in front of your friends."

"I'm sorry mama. I couldn't let them know we had anything going on."

"And why not? I'm not just some booty call. I thought I meant more to you Duke?"

Duke sighed and sat up in the bed. "You do mean a lot to me Mariah. You know this."

"No I don't. You been showing me something different ever since you came back into my life a few months ago."

Mariah was right. Duke hasn't been the same since everything happened with Ameerah. It killed him seeing the way she looks at him now. Every time they converse he knew there was a chance she'd never remember the kind of relationship they had. He grew tired of trying to get Ameerah to remember him when it was clear she was never going to. He accepted that they may never be together again.

But today in court had him thinking differently. He was almost hopeful things would go back to the way they were. If Ameerah remembered her assault, what else did she remember? Duke was going to figure that out tonight. Even if he had to play both sides.

"You right ma. I'm not gone lie to you but shit gone change between us. Starting now. I got a text from Ameerah."

"Why am I not surprised?" She said rolling her eyes.

"It's not like that man. Can you let me finish?"

"She's having a small kickback with a couple of friends. They wanted to celebrate her getting full custody of Saylor. I want you to come."

"You should be there anyway. Without you we wouldn't have her."

"I guess you're right. So I should start getting ready then?"

"Yes, you know how long you take."

She chuckled and said "I won't be long this time."

Duke thought that's what she always says.
~~~

I'll be editing my story over these next few weeks making small changes and editing my old writing. I'm working on getting this book finished soon so I can publish my next book.

Excuse any mistakes!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 73 33
A simple girl. A simple boy. And a simple love story. Didith: I was only seventeen when I first met him and finally fell in love with him. Five years...
330 42 8
How would you feel when you find out that your crush is the new boy? Ecstatic, right? And how much would you love it if you both become best of frien...
606K 32.3K 54
💞Winner of Infinity Awards 2018👑💞 Assalamualaikum and hii everyone thanks for choosing my book to read. hey don't worry I'm not going to bore you...
19.1K 662 10
Isn't it amazing for you and your childhood best friend to attend college together? That's what Emma and Mila thought, not knowing that college days...