The story of raising a baby i...

By justberealtomyself

Story and cover not mine Credits belong to owners MTL For offline reading Author: Luo Zifeng Li Yugui was reb... More

1-5
6-10
11-15
16-20
21-25
26-30
31-35
36-40
41-45
46-50
51-55
56-60
66-70
71-75
76-80
81-85
86-90
91-93 END

61-65

510 3 0
By justberealtomyself

Chapter 61

◎Li Yugui moved in◎

After Sister-in-law Lan left, Liu Susu went to the mountains to dig bamboo shoots with Chen Nan, and did not take it to heart. But what surprised her was that just when the family upstairs had just moved in, and she was about to go out to say hello, she saw Han Lie standing at the door, looking towards the courtyard door with surprise on his face, as if watching Like an acquaintance.

She was making dinner in the kitchen at that time, because she had said she was going to make snail noodles before. The little ones kept remembering this, especially Han Cheng. In the past few days, he was more active in fishing for snails at the reservoir than before. A lot.

Liu Susu kept the fatter snails inside and kept them in a basin to spit sand, while the rest was used to feed the chickens and ducks.

After raising it for almost three days, all the sand and other grains have been vomited out, and the bamboo shoots in the jar are well marinated, so we can start cooking.

Authentic snail noodles are the kind that look like thin and round vermicelli, but we don't have this kind at home now, so Liu Susu used the sweet potato flour made when the sweet potatoes were harvested last year to make it. It is dough-shaped and has a chewier texture. .

The sweet potato flour is soaked first, and the soup needs to be focused on.

The soup base is made from pig's feet soup. After boiling it into a white stock, clean and cut off the ends of the snails in a pot and stir-fry until fragrant. Perilla is used to remove the fishy smell, and chili sauce is used to enhance the flavor. Stir-fry over high heat to create a fragrant aroma. It came out, and finally poured the soup in to cook. Not to mention the kitchen, even the main room was filled with a strong aroma.

Han Cheng sniffed hard: "Ah! It smells so good!"

He was the only one who usually did this, and he did it every day.

As soon as it's time for dinner, this little guy will stand in the main room and smell it vigorously. He has a good nose and can know what to eat for this meal.

But today besides him, Xiaolu was also attracted.

"I just told Daqiang that my mother can make snails, but he still doesn't believe it!" Xiaolu raised his chin, thinking that he would go to Xiaolu after eating to let him know how powerful his mother is. !

While talking, Liu Susu had already put the vermicelli in the pot. After it was cooked, take it out, pour hot soup on it, and add sour bamboo shoots on top. As soon as the fragrant and smelly smell came, the taste came up immediately.

"You can come and eat."

Before he finished speaking, the little guys rushed in like little firecrackers. After pulling out their chopsticks and setting up the chairs, they brought the bowls filled with noodles over. As soon as their little butts sat on the chairs, I couldn't wait and took a bite. It was hot and spicy, but I couldn't stop at all: "It's delicious! It's so delicious!" "

It's delicious, eat it slowly, don't burn it." Han Lie hasn't come back yet, Liu Susu was about to put his portion in the pot to heat up when she heard a burst of footsteps coming from outside. At this time, Han Lie should have returned.

But before anyone could enter the house, another burst of movement came from outside the yard. It was very lively. Liu Susu looked through the window and found that there were three or two people walking towards this side, holding large and small bags in their hands. They must be the new neighbors who have moved here.

No matter how we get along in the future, she will definitely go over and say hello when someone comes here for the first time. Just when Liu Susu was about to go out, she found Han Lie standing motionless at the door.

She was stunned: "Han Lie, what's wrong?"

Han Lie looked at the person walking towards him: "That person..."

"What's wrong with that person?"

On the other side, Li Yugui was walking towards this way. I noticed Han Lie's appraising eyes.

Even though he had learned from the Family Affairs Department before coming that they would live upstairs with Han Lie's family, at this moment, facing Han Lie's heavy gaze, Li Yugui could not help but tremble with his hands. Almost fell off.

Bao Feixiang looked at her doubtfully: "What's wrong with you?"

"No, it's okay." Li Yugui bit her lip and said.

In fact, Li Yugui couldn't help but be afraid from the very beginning when he learned that Bao Feixiang would be transferred to the Southwest Military Region.

Yes, afraid.

Li Yugui couldn't even imagine that after so many years, when she thought that she might see Han Lie and his two villain children, she would think of herself in her previous life, and nervousness and fear immediately emerged in her heart.

But she quickly calmed down.

The person who is now married to Han Lie and becomes the stepmother for those two bastards is Liu Susu. Even if she is tortured, she will only be the one who ends up with nothing good.

And she herself is now married to Bao Feixiang. Not only will she become the wife of the leader, she will also have an extremely beautiful life in the future. She will become the wife of the richest man who is envied by everyone. She will be beautiful and magnificent, and will never be as poor as she was in her previous life. , spent his whole life in prison.

So she had nothing to be afraid of. Not only did she not have to be afraid, but she could also watch Liu Susu's jokes as if it had nothing to do with herself.

Although the steel bar incident at the military and civilian factory last time worried her for a while, fearing that Liu Susu would not be as miserable as she was in her previous life, but could live a prosperous life, but later she thought clearly, it was definitely not true. It's possible that Liu Susu must have asked Han Lie to find some backdoor for her to become so powerful. In fact, she has no ability at all.

So maybe if she goes there this time, she can still find the truth and expose her.

The more he thought about Li Yugui, the more excited he became. His original resistance immediately changed. On the contrary, he was even more looking forward to going to the Southwest Military Region than Bao Feixiang.

After all, Bao Feixiang was a regiment leader. When he was transferred, someone drove to the train station to pick him up. As soon as he got in the car, while Bao Feixiang was going to smoke, Li Yugui asked impatiently: "Comrade, listen. Have you said anything about Liu Susu? He's from your military region. He came here probably last year."

After saying that, she suddenly felt that she was a little too impatient. Liu Susu was not a famous person, so how could a soldier who was driving know about it.

Thinking about this, she was about to smile and say it was nothing, when she suddenly noticed that the comrade driving the car smiled and nodded: "You mean Sister Susu? Of course I know her, but you don't know that Sister Susu is amazing!"

This comrade was Xiao Zhou, who was responsible for picking up and dropping off Liu Susu and her group on their last business trip. Because of his good relationship with Xiao Qian in the office, he was not only very familiar with and admired Liu Susu, but even the title of "Sister Susu" followed him.

The smile on Li Yugui's face suddenly disappeared.

She couldn't believe that Xiao Zhou actually knew Liu Susu and said that she was very powerful, especially the title "Sister Susu", which immediately made Li Yugui feel something different.

After all, people like them are military wives, and the names in the military area change according to the man's position. If the position is not higher than that of his own man, he is called sister-in-law. If he is a superior, he is called by his first name.

But calling Liu Susu like Xiao Zhou has a different meaning, as if she is not just a military wife, but she also has considerable abilities and has achieved many achievements.

Li Yugui suddenly felt an ominous premonition in his heart.

However, he was afraid of what he was afraid of. The next second, Xiao Zhou started talking impassionedly, talking about everything from water pipes to biogas pools, from joining the Military Affairs Office to officially joining the staff. He praised Liu Susu so much that it also made Li Yugui's face become extremely ugly. .

"Xiao Zhou, let's go." At this moment, Bao Feixiang came up and spoke with smoke all over his body. Xiao Zhou nodded and concentrated on driving.

He originally thought that Li Yugui had heard of Liu Susu's name before he came - after all, they came from the Military District of Jin City, so it was not unusual for them to know - so he started to inquire about it, so he didn't take it to heart, but he Unknown to everyone, Li Yugui was almost mad to death at this time.

He clenched his hands into fists, and his nails dug into his flesh, but he felt no pain at all.

She didn't expect that what Bao Feixiang said in the meeting before was actually true. Liu Susu really lived in such a prosperous life. Not only did she have a job, but she also had an army? !

how can that be possible? !

Liu Susu was so prosperous in her previous life because she was married to Bao Feixiang, but now she is married to Bao Feixiang. Why can Liu Susu live so well? !

The more Li Yugui thought about it, the angrier she became, but she couldn't show it yet because she didn't dare to let Bao Feixiang know about her relationship with Liu Susu. You must know that it was said in the news in the previous life that Bao Feixiang loved Liu Susu extremely much. Although the two have never met in this life, what if?

If he had any other feelings when he saw Liu Susu, wouldn't she just shoot herself in the foot?

But what she never expected was that when she arrived at the place where she lived, she discovered that she and Liu Susu's family happened to be neighbors!

Li Yugui's heart sank, and she immediately went to see Bao Feixiang's reaction. She was afraid that Bao Feixiang would have a bad reaction after seeing Liu Susu, but fortunately, Bao Feixiang had no expression on his face. He just frowned at her and asked her why she suddenly raised her hand. Something inside fell out.

Li Yugui breathed a sigh of relief. It seemed that she was too nervous. Now Bao Feixiang was married to her, and except for a slight difference in academic qualifications, she was no worse than Liu Susu in other aspects. She had lived with Bao Feixiang for so long. She was the one who insisted on marrying him regardless of his reputation as a wife-suppressant. Under such circumstances, how could Bao Feixiang still fall in love with Liu Susu.

Thinking like this, she suddenly glanced at Han Lie who had a serious face again.

Han Lie was seen staring at her closely, and even Liu Susu didn't notice at all and looked indifferent.

Li Yugui immediately thought of his past life, and it was the same in his last life. Han Lie didn't look like a normal man at all. He seemed to have nothing in his heart except the army, let alone the love between men and women. If she didn't speak when he came back every day, he wouldn't even be able to speak a word. Take the initiative to tell her.

Unlike Bao Feixiang, the two of them stayed together every night except when he was away on a mission...

Thinking of this, Li Yugui showed a sweet smile on her face, and she felt in her heart that she could finally give Liu Susu The comparison is over.

Judging from Han Lie's behavior, and the fact that there are two step-sons and stepdaughters who are holding back the family, Liu Susu and Han Lie must have a particularly bad relationship. They are nothing like her and Bao Feixiang.

Moreover, when a woman marries a man, doesn't she just want to find someone who knows both the cold and the hot, and will be good to you? A marriage like Liu Susu's, at best, is called a partner, but at worst, it exists in name only.

If a woman is unhappy in her marriage, no matter how powerful and capable she is, what's the use?

She doesn't need to be angry with this kind of person. The person she should really envy is Liu Susu.

Thinking this way, Li Yugui felt more and more triumphant in his heart. He looked at Liu Susu with a show-off look and raised his chin slightly, waiting to see her joke.

Liu Susu had no idea what she was thinking. After hearing Han Lie's answer clearly, she was stunned.

"You said, that person is your ex-wife?"

Han Lie was afraid that Liu Susu would be angry, so he didn't dare to answer for a moment. When he heard her tone of voice was not very good, Han Lie's heart sank, and he quickly asked: "Daughter-in-law , are you angry?"

Liu Susu said nothing and turned around and entered the room.

Han Lie quickly followed in, closed the door, and quickly took Liu Susu's hand: "My wife, I promise that there is no relationship between me and her. Even if she moves here now, nothing will happen to us. If you don't believe it, then I'll go find the teacher now and ask him to find a new house for us..."

After saying that, he really wanted to leave as soon as his long legs crossed.

Liu Susu couldn't laugh or cry at all, and wanted to tease him. Unexpectedly, this man was really stubborn, and he took it seriously immediately, and said hurriedly: "When you come back, who said you want to change houses? We have lived here for so long, and everything has changed." It's been built. If we replace it, wouldn't it be an advantage to others?"

Han Lie was stunned for a moment and then came to his senses.

"Then, should I ask the division commander to change their house?"

Anyway, they just moved here and just left with their luggage.

Liu Susu smiled and said, "No, you have to go to the teacher for this matter. People would think something big happened."

Han Lie said directly without thinking, "It's a big deal if my wife is angry."

"I'm not angry." After Liu Susu finished speaking, she felt something was wrong, "Okay, I'm a little angry, but I'm not angry with you, I'm angry with her."

She became angry when she thought of Li Yugui suddenly scheming with Han Lie when they got married. Why? Is their Han Lie not good-looking? Or is the subsidy not high enough? Just got married and are suddenly getting divorced?

"...and I just saw that the man she found again is not very good. He is not taller than you, dark and fat, his face is not generous at all, and he doesn't look like much. I don't want you for this kind of person? I I really can't figure it out!" Liu Susu said angrily.

As she was talking, a strong hand suddenly brought her into his arms, and then a figure pressed over her. All words were blocked, and Han Lie's hot breathing sounded in his ears: "Daughter-in-law, I am very happy. ."

He never expected that his wife would be angry because of this.

When he saw Liu Susu walking around and talking incessantly, he felt that his heart was sweeter than drinking honey.

Liu Susu's cheeks were red, and she was thankful that the door was closed at this time. Otherwise, if a child suddenly broke in, she would have to find a crack in the ground to crawl in.

"Are you happy to be treated like this by her?" Liu Susu whispered.

"If I hadn't been treated like this by her, I wouldn't have met you." Han Lie said with a smile.

That's true.

Liu Susu agreed slightly, but then sighed: "But I'm still unhappy." "

It's okay, don't be upset, it's actually nothing. I don't remember this matter a long time ago. I talked to her before After only two glasses of wine, she suddenly mentioned the divorce. Even Xiaojin and Xiuxiu couldn't remember what she looked like. If they hadn't seen her today, I would have..." "

Wait!" Han Lie said. Before he finished speaking, Liu Susu suddenly discovered something was wrong.

"You said you and she only had a toast and then got divorced?" Liu Susu asked.

Han Lie nodded: "Yes, after the toast, she suddenly told me that she came to see me in an emergency. She went to the room and talked about the divorce."

"Then you didn't..." Liu Susu raised her eyebrows.

Han Lie didn't know why she suddenly thought of this matter. His face was helpless, but he nodded honestly.

Liu Susu suddenly understood and said with a sly smile: "No wonder, I was wondering why Deputy Commander Han is so shy. His ears turned red after being kissed."

Han Lie: "..."

Liu Susu couldn't help laughing. She was still smiling at that time. I thought, this man is too shy. He is so careless, so I usually don't dare to tease him, but now it seems that this is not careless, it is because I have never experienced this kind of thing before.

Just as he was about to say something, a warm touch suddenly came from the corner of his mouth, and then his breath suddenly became confused.

For a long time, after Han Lie left, her heartbeat was still rising and falling rapidly, beating faster and faster, and her face was extremely hot. Just when she was about to say something, Han Lie's voice came: "Daughter-in-law, your ears are also red. "

Not only the ears, but also the face is so red that it's almost burning.

Liu Susu pinched him: "Okay, you are taking revenge on me!"

"Mom, what are you doing in there? Come and eat!" There was a voice from the path outside the door.

"Here we come." Liu Susu stood up and patted her face to calm down quickly. It didn't work, the more I took the picture, the redder it became.

Han Lie was also afraid that his wife would be really angry, so as soon as the path was gone, he went to get a basin of cold water and asked Liu Susu to wipe her face.

"Daughter-in-law, I was wrong, please don't be angry, okay?"

Liu Susu wasn't really angry either, but the man still had to teach him a lesson: "Okay, you'll have all your meals for the next two days."

Anyway, Han Lie is now good at his craftsmanship. It's getting better and better, and it's not like she can't eat it.

Han Lie smiled and nodded: "No problem."

-

Li Yugui, who was moving things, didn't know what was happening downstairs. At this time, she was racking her brains to think about how to "accidentally" show off in front of Liu Susu. The relationship between her and Bao Feixiang was so good that Liu Susu in turn envied her.

But before she could think of a solution, suddenly, the army was about to send people on a mission. This time, not only Han Lie and Commander Wang, but also the newly arrived Bao Feixiang were going with them.

As soon as Bao Feixiang left, Li Yugui's plan to show off his love had to be put on hold. Since marrying Bao Feixiang, Li Yugui has only done cooking and housework at home, and has never done anything like farming and vegetables. .

This is the benefit she seeks for herself.

Li Yugui knew that it was only five or eight years ago and it would take nearly twenty years for Bao Feixiang to become the richest man and for himself to live a life that was superior to others.

But although she can't enjoy happiness so quickly now, she can't do everything by herself like she did in her previous life, so she doesn't want to farm. That would be hard work. At most, she can just work at home.

Although Bao Feixiang and the Bao family couldn't bear to see her behave like this, after all, Bao Feixiang had a reputation of being a master of his wife. Out of helplessness, he could only grit his teeth and treat Li Yugui a little better and agreed to the matter.

Therefore, for Li Yugui, Bao Feixiang's departure meant that the plan was postponed. She should still eat and drink and just go to the military area all day long.

But Liu Susu was about to get busy.

Because late April happens to be the day when winter wheat is harvested.

In the past, because the harvest in the fields was not good, wheat could only be planted for one season. But last year, after the water resources were fully utilized, the autumn harvest was ushered in, and even the second season could be planted.

Now is the season, the entire military region has begun to harvest, and the army naturally has a holiday like the autumn harvest.

But as soon as Han Lie left, all the work at home fell on Liu Susu.

However, Han Lie had already made arrangements. He specially greeted a few of his familiar soldiers, that is, the few people who had come to help build the house before. As soon as he left, he asked them to help remove the wheat from the fields. Put them all away.

The army was already on holiday. Considering the premise that Han Lie was going out on a mission, it was completely okay to ask people to come and help. However, it was one thing for people to come and help. As the master, Liu Susu certainly couldn't do nothing, at least I need to help clean it up.

In fact, this is nothing. Those little comrades are afraid of tiring her, so they don't let Liu Susu do the heavy work, so she is not tired, but it takes more time, so cooking will be a bit difficult. too busy.

But what is surprising is that that day, Liu Susu just took the sickle and hurriedly went home to work. When she was about to start cooking, she suddenly smelled the aroma of rice.

At first she thought someone else was cooking. She was a little hungry after working all morning, and she became even hungrier when she smelled the smell. She quickly quickened her pace, but as soon as she entered the kitchen, she was stunned.

"Are you cooking?"

I saw Han Jin sitting in front of the stove and lighting the fire. Xiaolu and Han Cheng were busy chopping vegetables, while Han Qian and Han Xiuxiu were standing with a bench. In front of the pot, one was holding condiments and the other was holding a spatula, "scolding Fang Qiu".

Seeing him coming, Han Cheng immediately ran over and said, "Mom, it's my brother and sister who are cooking! Look, two dishes have been fried here!"

Liu Susu walked to the table and saw that it was really a fried dish. Green vegetables, a stir-fried dried garlic, were all dishes she had cooked before. After taking a bite and trying it, her eyes suddenly lit up: "It's delicious!" It's definitely

impossible to say that it's really delicious. After all, Han Qian and Han Xiuxiu are still young, and this is their first time cooking, but the taste is at least passable, moderately salty, and everything is fried, which is already very good.

"Mom, there's more!" Han Qian brought over the last dish. Three large bowls of dishes and a plate of pickled vegetables immediately filled the table.

Han Xiuxiu also planned to take out the pre-made steamed buns from the cabinet: "Auntie, can this be steamed directly?"

Liu Susu didn't dare to let them steam it, so she quickly put it in herself. But even so, I still couldn't help but be surprised: "Why are you cooking by yourself?"

Han Xiuxiu said with a smile: "Auntie, you are working too hard now. Xiaoqian and I can cook, and we will do it from now on." How about food, so you can rest a little longer!"

Han Qian also nodded: "Yes, Mom, I think cooking is not difficult at all. I remember it every time I watch you do it."

Han Qian also nodded. Cheng followed behind and said, "That's right! Mom, the eldest brother and I can chop vegetables, and the second brother can make the fire. We cooperate well! Don't worry~"

Liu Susu couldn't help laughing, but the children were sensible in her heart. It is the happiest, and no matter what you do in the future, it will be good to have a skill at hand.

She smiled and said, "Okay, you will cook from now on, but you must be careful not to burn yourself, okay?"

"Okay!"

Just like that, after handing over the burden of cooking, Liu Susu became even more excited. It feels more relaxed than last year when Han Lie was at home and even more relaxed during the autumn harvest.

So, when Han Lie hurried back from his mission, fearing that Liu Susu would be exhausted, he suddenly discovered that the absence of him in the family seemed to have no impact at all?

*****

Chapter 62 

◎Returning to Hometown [Includes additional updates

of nutrient solution]◎However, Han Lie's mission took a long time this time. It was already May when he came back. Before he came back, something else happened.

It's still related to Li Yugui.

This winter wheat harvest is very good. Liu Susu planted corn when she first came here last year. This is the first time that her family has a good wheat harvest. Although she has not received it before, she knew it by looking at the happy expressions on the faces of other people around her. The results once should not be too bad.

Sure enough, when she was busy with things at home, she ran to the office and saw that Captain Zhang was dialing the numbers with an abacus. When he saw her coming, he rushed over very excitedly: "Xiao Liu. ! We have a great harvest this time!"

Liu Susu was startled: "Captain, are you ready?"

Xiao Qian smiled at the side and said: "Sister Su Su, you don't know, the commander has already calculated it many times, those few We can recite the numbers so hard that we can recite them backwards!"

As soon as the grain in the field was harvested, Captain Zhang immediately organized people to start weighing it. This morning, he calculated the per capita output and the comparison with the previous ones.

Captain Zhang handed her a piece of paper: "Look! It's all here! This is a lot of increase!"

Captain Zhang's face was glowing red!

It's not that this time there will be more food than last year's autumn harvest. This is impossible. After all, counting twice, one is a two-season planting method, and the other is a one-season planting method. The crops are in the ground. The length of stay is different, so it's not as good as going together.

But at the beginning, the military region tried to grow food two seasons a year. The results were not ideal at that time, so they had to change the method and only plant one season a year.

Although it has changed, the data is still retained. This time, Captain Zhang specifically found out all the records from that time and compared them. At a glance, he can tell how much the current harvest has increased.

Looking at the obviously different numbers, not only Captain Zhang, but also Liu Susu and everyone in the office couldn't help but be happy.

Xiao Qian smiled on the side and said: "Captain, are you going to give us another holiday?"

Captain Zhang said with a smile: "It's a holiday, everyone has two days of rest!"

This time, everyone has spent a lot of time harvesting in the fields. Those who have little effort have been working in the fields without taking a day off. They really need a holiday to rest.

There was a burst of exclamation in the office. After all, they are all young people, and they couldn't help but be happy when they heard about the holiday.

Minister Zhao passed by the door. When he saw this situation, he knocked on the door and said with a cold face: "Xiao Liu, come here."

Liu Susu nodded to Captain Zhang and left, but Xiaoqian behind him couldn't help but said: " Leader, does Minister Zhao have any objections to us again? I feel like he is very unhappy."

This "again" is used very spiritually, because Xiaoqian remembers that although Minister Zhao and their group leader are quite difficult to deal with , but the relationship between the two had eased a lot before. Sometimes they would say hello to each other when they met on the road. Why did they immediately "turn against each other" again as soon as the new year is over?

Captain Zhang snorted coldly: "I don't know him yet. This is because I failed to fool Xiaoliu before. Now that the New Year is over and the dam affairs are finished, Xiaoliu comes back, and he has no chance. He is irritated. Well, doesn't this mean that our eyes are not eyes, and our nose is not a nose?"

Xiaoqian thought, hey! It seems to be true!

Liu Susu didn't know that Xiao Qian and the others were discussing her. At first she thought that Minister Zhao came to see her because there was something wrong with the dam. When Minister Zhao opened his mouth, she realized that it was indeed a dam, but it was the dam in Zaozhuang.

Because it's almost May now, and the annual rainy season is coming soon.

"The county town called before and said they would pay more attention. If there is any problem, we will go there immediately." Minister Zhao said, "Xiaoliu, you need to be more prepared." The

drawings of Zaozhuang's reconstruction of the dam , after all, he and Liu Susu drew it together. As long as there is a problem, they must be contacted.

She was so busy during this period that Liu Susu almost forgot about it and nodded: "I understand."

Minister Zhao came over to inform her and then went back. Liu Susu squeezed her palms and looked up. After looking at the still sunny weather, I felt a little nervous.

Next year will be 1959, and today is a crucial year for stocking up on food. Zaozhuang's food output is lower than that of the military region due to repeated floods. If the dam still cannot resist this year, If you live in a flood, the situation may be more complicated next year.

But it's only May now, and no one knows what the outcome will be until the heavy rain really comes.

All we can do now is pray in our hearts that there will be no new problems after the dam is repaired.

As soon as Minister Zhao left, Liu Susu was ready to go back, but she went to school first. The Military Affairs Office was closer to the school, so she could drop by to pick Xiaolu up from school.

When Liu Susu passed by, students just ran out of the school, including Xiaolu.

Although the little guy said every time that Liu Susu didn't need to go pick him up, he would be very happy whenever she came over when she was free. Her black and white eyes were bright. When he saw her now, he ran over quickly and said: " Mother!"

Liu Susu said "Hey" and held his little hand: "Where are Daqiang and the second strongman?"

"The second strongman is on duty today, and Daqiang went to play." Xiaolu raised his head and said.

Because they go back together every time, he always pays attention.

"Okay, let's go home first." Liu Susu wanted to get his schoolbag for him, but the little guy immediately dodged him, "Mom, I'll do it myself, I can carry it!"

Mom worked hard at work, so he couldn't bother her. of.

Looking at his little adult appearance, Liu Susu couldn't help but laugh: "Okay, then Xiaolu, take it by yourself."

Xiaolu nodded with a smile, took Liu Susu's hand, and told her what happened in the school while walking. , as he spoke, he suddenly stopped.

"What's wrong?"

Xiaolu said quickly: "Mom, you're that annoying person!"

Liu Susu followed his gaze and saw Li Yugui, who was holding a fan in her hand and chatting with someone on the road, beside her. , still standing with Bai Jing holding her child.

The two of them stood together and seemed to be chatting very enthusiastically.

Although Liu Susu and Han Lie would not say anything about adults in front of children, the children in the family were smart and could spot some clues without saying anything, and they would not like anything their mother didn't like.

Therefore, several children hated Li Yugui. Ever since she moved here, every time they saw her, they would either pretend they didn't see her, or they would run back to the house with their buttocks turned.

This was true for Li Yugui, let alone Bai Jing. Xiaolu quickly grabbed Liu Susu's hand and said with a serious face: "Mom, there are still two bad guys!"

Liu Susu raised her eyebrows. Indeed, this should be called a congenial relationship.

There were still a lot of things to do at home, and she had no time or interest to watch the two of them compliment each other. Without saying anything, she led Xiao Lu away.

As soon as she left, Li Yugui looked over with his eyes.

Although Bao Feixiang was away these days, Li Yugui still tried every means to find out how Liu Susu was getting along with Han Lie's two children.

Especially after she heard that Liu Susu had changed the names of the two children as soon as she arrived, and had all her children take the surname Han after Han Lie, she became particularly worried, fearing that Liu Susu would get along well with those children.

This shocked Li Yugui. She quickly went to find the neighbors and asked in a subtle way how the relationship between Liu Susu and her children was.

Of course, she didn't dare to ask Lu Lingzhi, Chen Nan and others. After all, these two people had a good relationship with Liu Susu. If she told Liu Susu about this, it would be bad for her to notice something.

So she had to ask other people who lived nearby.

But these days, everyone is very busy, and Liu Susu is not a person who likes to gossip and doesn't chat often. Who knows whether her relationship with her children is good or not.

Only one or two people said that it should be good. After all, the two children, Han Jin and Han Xiuxiu, have become much better in health than before, apart from anything else, since Liu Susu came.

It shows that Liu Susu must be quite good to them.

When Li Yugui heard this, his heart sank and his expression immediately dropped.

She thought it was impossible.

These people are definitely talking nonsense.

Why did Han Jin and Han Xiuxiu dislike her so much after she got married in her previous life, but why did they treat Liu Susu differently? Is Liu Susu better than her?

Absolutely impossible!

With this idea in mind, when she returned and passed by the door of Liu Susu's house, she looked around and accidentally leaned on the wall, trying to hear what was going on inside.

It was very quiet at first, and there was no sound. Just when Li Yugui was about to leave, he suddenly heard Han Xiuxiu's voice, calling "Auntie" very loudly.

As soon as this title came out, Li Yugui felt relieved.

Although she didn't like Han Xiuxiu, she also knew that this little girl had the most timid character. She had just gotten married in her previous life, and when she asked her to call her mother, Han Xiuxiu immediately did so.

And Liu Susu has been in the military region for a year, and she still calls her "aunt". This means that she doesn't regard her as a mother at all. How can her relationship be okay?

Han embroidery is like this, let alone Han brocade, which is the most difficult to deal with.

When he thought of this, Li Yugui was satisfied, and his heart dropped into his stomach.

So at this moment, looking at Liu Susu holding Xiao Lu, she sneered in her heart.

Liu Susu is really good at acting like this. Is it because Han Lie's children are not mature enough to raise, so he went out of his way to find other children to adopt, in order to prove that he is a good mother?

Those people must have been deceived by her actions.

Just as she was thinking about it, Bai Jing's voice came to her ears: "Sister-in-law Li, what are you looking at Liu Susu for?"

Li Yugui met Bai Jing when she went out to chat with someone. Bai Jing is now more pregnant than before after giving birth. She likes to run out even more, and she especially likes to hold her baby out and listen to everyone praise her baby.

She used to live above Liu Susu, and she also had objections to Liu Susu. When she met Li Yugui, they immediately became close to each other. The relationship between the two has been growing rapidly, and they have to stay together and complain about nothing every day.

Of course, Li Yugui didn't know that she was Cai Tao's sister-in-law, and Bai Jing didn't know that Cai Tao's previous trouble with Han Lie and Liu Susu was instigated by Li Yugui.

Li Yugui smiled and said, "I envy her because she still has a job in the Military Affairs Office."

This sentence was not a lie. She was indeed a little envious of Liu Susu. After finding out that she had a job, she had thought about it before. Do you want to find a job yourself?

But she soon gave up. After all, she was married to Bao Feixiang, and she was going to enjoy the happiness. How could she go to work?

"What's there to envy? Isn't it just that she was lucky enough to join the Military Affairs Office? It's just digging in the fields, which is not respectable and tiring." Bai Jing said with a smile, "Better still, Sister-in-law Li. , Brother Bao is a serious group leader, you don't even have to work, just get the allowance and you can eat well and drink hot food!"

Bai Jing works in the art troupe, she is already very articulate, and she can praise Li Yugui to the sky with one sentence after another. go.

Li Yugui felt extremely satisfied after hearing this.

That's right, she has nothing to envy.

So what if Liu Susu has a job? She still has to work hard all day long. How is she like her? Bao Feixiang is the leader of the group, and her allowance is much higher than that of Han Lie, who is only the deputy leader, and she is I remember clearly that Han Lie never took a step forward until his death.

This shows that Han Lie will always be a deputy captain in this life, and he might have been seriously injured on the way to a mission.

When he thought of this, Li Yugui became even happier. With a smile on his face, he went to the canteen and bought himself two meat dishes, and then went home happily.

As soon as I got back, I found that Bao Feixiang was back. He had been away for almost a month. He was still doing business all day long. He didn't even have time to take a shower. The smell on his body was so unpleasant just thinking about it.

But now she was happy. She felt that Bao Feixiang's ability made her superior to Liu Susu, so she didn't dislike it at all, and even took the initiative to get him hot water.

Bao Feixiang was indeed tired, so he sat on the chair without moving.

He brought hot water and began to wipe himself in the main room. Li Yugui thought for a while and asked, "Did the mission go well this time?"

"No, it's nothing. Whether it goes well or not."

"Just an ordinary task?" Li Yugui lost interest as soon as she heard it. What she wants most now is for Bao Feixiang to make meritorious service and be promoted quickly, so that she will have more status.

Bao Feixiang said: "It doesn't count, but someone was promoted this time."

Li Yugui was stunned: "Who?"

Bao Feixiang said in a calm tone: "Han Lie, who lives downstairs, has been promoted to captain. ."

Bao Feixiang felt a little regretful. After all, this was his first mission after being transferred here. He just wanted to perform well and leave a good impression on the leader, but this time all the limelight was stolen by Han Lie.

But I just arrived, so I'm not too anxious.

But if he just regretted it, then Li Yugui was really dumbfounded. In an instant, he dropped the chopsticks in his hand: "What did you say? Han Lie was promoted to captain?!" "

What's wrong?" Bao Feixiang frowned, feeling something was wrong. "What does his promotion to captain have to do with you?"

Li Yugui hurriedly shook his head: "Nothing, nothing."

She knew that Bao Feixiang was actually a narrow-minded person. If she knew that Han Lie was her ex-husband, she would definitely They are clamoring to move somewhere else.

But Li Yugui didn't want to move away. If she moved away, how could she see how bad Liu Susu's life was, and how could she let Han Lie know how happy she was now?

Afraid that Bao Feixiang would think too much, he quickly added: "I just... don't want others to surpass you."

Bao Feixiang felt a little more comfortable after hearing this: "What does this mean? Isn't he just the leader? I will definitely not be able to pass. How long will it take for it to rise?"

Li Yugui nodded on the surface, but his heart was in confusion.

How is this going?

Why did she just think that Liu Susu was inferior to her, but in the blink of an eye, Han Lie was promoted?

And he's also the leader.

Obviously in his previous life, Han Lie never became the group leader until his death?

Did something go wrong this time?

——

When Li Yugui was irritable, there was laughter and laughter downstairs.

Especially Han Cheng, when he heard that Han Lie had become the regiment leader, he threw himself into Han Lie's arms like a little firecracker. Han Lie was afraid that the little guy would fall, so he hugged him quickly.

"Dad, that's great! You finally became the leader!!" Han Cheng smiled so hard that his eyebrows almost took off.

Liu Susu couldn't help pinching his ears: "Do you know what a captain is? Are you so happy?"

Han Cheng really didn't know that for a little carrot like him who couldn't count, the captain was It's really difficult for him.

But don't worry, Han Cheng twitched his butt happily: "I know that after dad becomes the group leader, he will have more money to buy us sweets!"

Han Lie smiled and said: "Yes, what Xiao Cheng said That's right."

Han Cheng looked at him eagerly: "Dad, when are you going to buy it?"

Liu Susu took him off Han Lie's lap: "The wind is like the rain, right?"

Han Lie smiled: "It's okay. I just need to go to the teacher to submit a report. I can go to the supply and marketing cooperative."

When Han Cheng heard this, his aggrieved expression immediately became happy, and he made a face at his mother, but he My mother said directly: "You'd better go after eating. Aren't you tired after working for so many days? And I'm going to the supply and marketing cooperative to buy things tomorrow. I can just take them to buy candies on the way."

After saying that, he remembered something. "By the way, I have something to tell you."

In the past two days, the wheat harvesters and wheat growers, not to mention Liu Susu, several children also helped with a lot of work, especially cooking, which was very hard. .

Liu Susu wanted to make a delicious meal to reward them, so she weighed a pound of meat and planned to cook it in two meals. However, Han Lie suddenly came back, so she simply took out the meat from the cabinet and cooked it all at once. .

While talking, he cut the meat into pieces, preparing to make braised pork and steam rice.

Although Han Lie was tired, he missed his wife after not seeing her for so long. He did not go to rest, but sat down and started to light the fire. "What?"

Liu Susu said, "I want to wait for the summer vacation and go back to my hometown."

"Go back to your hometown?" Han Lie was stunned. Just as he was about to say something, Han Qian, who had been listening with his ears open, ran over quickly: "Mom, where are you going back to? Are you going to grandma's house?"

"Grandma's house?!" Han Qian Cheng also stuck out his little head.

"Yes, I'm going back to grandma's house." Liu Susu looked at Han Qian's bright and expectant eyes and added with a smile, "I'll take you with me." "

Yeah! Great, we can finally go back to see grandpa and grandma. !" Han Qian and Han Cheng were extremely happy, while the other three little guys lowered their heads, feeling a little lonely and silent.

Liu Susu smiled and said: "Xiaoqian Xiaocheng, why don't you tell your brothers and sisters what fun things there are at grandma's house?" As

soon as these words came out, the already smart children immediately reacted and looked at them with surprise. When Liu Susu was about to say something, she was pulled away by Han Qian and Han Cheng: "I'm telling you, my grandma's house is really fun. Oh, no, it's not my grandma, it's our grandma, hahaha..."

A group of little guys ran out while talking, and the kitchen soon became quiet, leaving only the sound of burning firewood.

Han Lie asked, "Is there something wrong with mother?"

Although he couldn't bear to leave his wife and children, he also knew that Liu Susu should go back after being here for so long, but he was worried that it would be unsafe for her to bring five children by herself. If there's nothing urgent, just wait until he has the New Year's holiday before we go back together.

Liu Susu shook her head: "It's nothing. I just want to go back and take a look when I have time, and build a biogas digester for my family."

This is Liu Susu's main purpose.

She had thought about doing this before. Although her hometown was not as arid as here, and there was only one main river, so water resources were not so scarce, but the land was not fertile enough. Before the famine came, Find time to go back and repair the biogas digester so that the harvest can be better.

Moreover, in addition to Liu Shurong and Yu Dazhu, there are two brothers and two families of the Yu family in their hometown, which has a larger population than theirs. If they don't stock up on more food, when the disaster comes, it may be even more difficult than here.

"And they are not young anymore, and they are so obedient. It will be no problem for me to take them with them." Liu Susu said with a smile. The public security is good now, and the number of people on the train at this time is not more than the Chinese New Year, so if you pay a little attention, there will be no problem.

Han Lie thought for a while and nodded: "Okay, then I will send a telegram to my elder brother on the day I return and ask him to pick you up in the county seat." "

Okay." After Liu Susu finished speaking, she saw Han Lie lowered his head and said nothing. He walked over with a smile and said, "What's going on?"

Han Lie put her on his lap and sat down, hugging her and whispering: "Daughter-in-law, I can't let you go."

"What's the point of not being able to let go of you? We'll be back in half a month." Liu Susu saw a few children talking very lively outside and had no idea of ​​coming in, so she didn't struggle and let Han Lie hold her, "And we won't go back until Xiaolu is out for summer vacation. , it's still early."

Han Lie whispered: "Daughter-in-law, I will definitely lose weight when you leave."

Liu Susu was a little surprised, when did this man care about whether he would lose weight: "Then I will also give it to you. Do you want to make something to keep, like I did last time I went to Nan Province?"

"No, that's too laborious," Han Lie said.

Liu Susu wanted to say it was not troublesome, but the weather was hot now, so it might not last long, and she would still have to go to the cafeteria to eat at other times. However, before she could say anything, she heard Han Lie's low voice: "While you haven't been here these days, Come on, just feed me."

Liu Susu was stunned for a moment, then her face instantly turned red, and she pinched him: "Keep the fire going! Don't talk nonsense!"

She said why did she suddenly say this? He was waiting for her here. .

Seeing that her face was red, Han Lie couldn't help but laugh in a low voice, but he didn't say anything, fearing that he would offend his wife and lose all the benefits he had before leaving.

——Having

said that, time does fly by very quickly, and July is here in a blink of an eye.

The school had a holiday on July 3rd, and Liu Susu planned to go back the next day after the holiday.

This semester is no longer like the beginning of school. Many people look down on Xiaolu. After taking the first place in the final exam of the first semester, Xiaolu has become the most powerful student in the class.

Even sometimes when Liu Susu went to pick him up, she would meet several military wives asking her how Xiaolu's grades could be so good.

Liu Susu just smiled and talked about it, and said that the children were obedient, and she, as a parent, did not interfere too much.

I have completely experienced the addiction of "other people's parents".

But even so, Xiaolu is still very serious. The first thing he does when he comes back every day is to do his homework. If he still has time after finishing, he will take the initiative to find Liu Susu and ask her to give him a few more questions.

Therefore, Liu Susu was not worried about the little one's test scores at all, but was a little worried about what to do with the chickens, ducks and rabbits at home when she returned.

After all, Han Lie was already very tired from training and so on. She didn't want him to have to worry about taking care of these things. In the end, she could only find Lu Lingzhi and Chen Nan and ask them to come over every day to help her take care of them.

Of course the two of them would not refuse to agree: "What's the matter? It's just a convenient matter. If you don't tell Xiaoliu, we will all go and watch."

Chen Nan also nodded: "That's right, sister-in-law, please take these back quickly and leave them for Xiaolu." They eat them on the road."

She said and was about to stuff back the fruit candies and biscuits that Liu Susu had just brought over.

Liu Susu refused and said with a smile: "This is not for you, this is for Niu Dan and Daqiang. Then we will have to trouble them to dig up more earthworms for the chickens and ducks at home."

She smiled and handed over the snacks. In the past, Daqiang and Niudan each took a packet and said with a smile: "Don't worry, Aunt Liu, I promise to complete the task!"

Lu Lingzhi couldn't laugh or cry: "These two brats."

Liu Susu smiled: "Okay, then Auntie, I can leave it to you with peace of mind."

Everything at home has been arranged. When Xiaolu came back from school and brought back a first-place certificate, Liu Susu did not stick to the wall immediately this time, but asked Xiaolu put it away: "Let's take it back to grandma and grandpa to see, let's make them happy too, okay?"

Xiaolu nodded quickly: "Okay!"

Liu Susu asked the little guys to pack things.

Early the next morning, Han Lie specially borrowed a car to take them to the station. He went back at the right time. As soon as he arrived at the station, he happened to encounter a car that started checking tickets. Han Lie took them to the platform and handed the things to a few people. A child: "Be obedient on the road and help your mother, you know?"

"I know!"

Han Lie nodded and took Liu Susu's hand when no one was paying attention: "Pay attention to safety and call me when you get there. ."

"Okay, take care of yourself, don't be too tired, and if you need anything, go to Sister-in-law Lu and Xiao Nan for help." Liu Susu felt a little sour in her heart, and held his hand tightly like a conditioned reflex.

The conductor over there had already started calling for tickets. He was afraid that he would not be able to find a seat if he got on late. Han Lie did not dare to say anything more, so he smiled and said: "Don't worry, get on quickly. I will send a telegram to home later."

Liu Susu He said "Yeah", fearing that he would lose his composure if he continued speaking, he turned around, led a few children and prepared to walk to the car. After taking only two steps, Han Lie suddenly stuffed something into his pocket: "This is for mother." With Uncle Yu, go up and take a look."

Liu Susu wanted to ask something, but was already pushed forward by the crowd who got on the bus. She could only nod at him, shouted "Go back quickly" and took the child with her. Got in the car.

As soon as he got on the train, it was difficult to look outside, so he quickly took a few children to find a seat, but Liu Susu also knew that Han Lie must have stood there and waited for the train to leave before leaving.

"Mom, is this here?" Xiaolu shouted.

Liu Susu glanced at it and said: "This is here, put your things."

They were lucky this time. The two sleeper tickets they bought were for lower berths. There were six people, one large, five small, and there were exactly three beds.

Han Xiuxiu must sleep with Liu Susu, and the four boys can sleep with them however they want.

Han Cheng looked at this and that, and his heart was full of entanglements: "I want to sleep with the eldest brother, I want to sleep with the second brother, and I still want to sleep with the elder brother. Alas! If only there was a kang on the train!"

Like this! The four of them can sleep together.

Having too many brothers is also a problem!

Han Qian looked at his brother's silly look and couldn't help but be happy: "Okay, let's play guessing and see who sleeps with whom."

Han Cheng's eyes lit up: "This is good!"

Han Xiuxiu was the judge. , the four people began to compete.

While the children were having a great time, Liu Susu was looking at what Han Lie had given her. When she reached out and touched it, it felt a bit like money. She immediately didn't dare to take it out. She opened her pocket and took a careful look, and found that It's really money.

A full fifty yuan.

Liu Susu knew at a glance that this was what Han Lie was going to give to Liu Shurong.

Because when packing things last night, Han Lie said that he wanted to give something to Liu Shurong.

Liu Susu asked: "Didn't you find two pheasants and come back?"

These days, whether you are visiting relatives or returning to your parents' home, you have to bring food rations. After all, life is difficult for everyone. If you don't take anything, you will be Just staying here for ten days and a half is called autumn wind.

Liu Shurong and Yu Dazhu may not think anything of it, but the two brothers Yu Jianmin are already married, and the two sisters-in-law will definitely have objections, so Liu Susu brought food stamps and money, planning to buy some when passing through the county town, and Han Lie was afraid that there would be nothing to eat in his hometown, so he went to the mountains at some time and caught two pheasants.

It happened to be dried and brought back together.

Han Lie said: "That's rations, not a gift."

Liu Susu smiled and told him not to worry so much. Even if he didn't give him anything, Liu Shurong wouldn't have any objections.

Han Lie didn't say anything at that time, and Liu Susu thought he had given up, but she didn't know that the gift he thought of would be so simple and crude, so he just gave the money.

But she also knew where the money came from. Han Lie didn't have that much money on him. This was probably the bonus given by the army when he was promoted to regimental commander last time. After all, Han Lie had made meritorious service on this mission.

Liu Susu knew that there would be such a bonus, but Han Lie didn't give it to her or ask. She originally thought that he wanted to have more money, so he kept it specially. Unexpectedly, he planned to use it to give to his father-in-law and mother-in-law.

Liu Susu couldn't help laughing.

This man secretly hides his personal money every time, but almost always gives it to her, not knowing what he has to hide.

——The

military area is far away from home, and it took a few days to go back as usual. In addition to the snacks brought from home these days, Liu Susu also bought a few lunch boxes from the train to fill her stomach. She ate well, despite the long distance. After running around, when we got off the bus, the little guys looked pretty good.

Liu Susu was afraid that the children would get lost, so she tied them one by one with a rope. She tied the rope to her arm and took them out of the train station. As soon as she came out, she saw Yu Jianmin waiting outside.

"Susu!"

The tall Yu Jianmin waved his hand and walked over quickly with a smile.

"Big brother." Liu Susu said with a smile. Even though she had only been with the Yu family for a short two days before, she still missed her big brother after not seeing him for such a long time.

"Uncle!" Han Qian and Han Cheng were very relaxed, shouting and running towards Yu Jianmin.

In the past, when Zhuang Baiyu was at home, Zhuang Baiyu ignored them, and it was the two brothers Yu Jianmin and Yu Jiansheng who took care of them, so the relationship between the two children and the two uncles was also very good.

Xiaolu looked up and saw his mother's encouraging eyes. He bit his lip and called out, "Uncle."

As soon as he spoke, Han Jin and Han Xiuxiu were no longer afraid and both called uncle. .

After Yu Jianmin received Han Lie's telegram, he had already known that five children would come this time, so his expression did not change at all, and he hugged them all with a smile: "Good boy, it's a good time to come back this time." It's fun, uncle will take you to the mountains to catch bird eggs!"

Yu Jianmin grew up in the village and is the best at eating, drinking and having fun. With just a few words, he coaxed several children into stunned silence. , especially the few little boys, who all showed longing after hearing that they could dig out bird eggs, catch cicadas, and touch crabs.

Han Xiuxiu also liked these, but she was not so interested and still leaned closely against Liu Susu.

Liu Susu held the little girl's hand and said with a smile: "Brother, have you been waiting for a long time?"

Yu Jianmin took the things and said: "No, Xiao Han wrote down the approximate time you will arrive. I didn't leave until seven o'clock."

"Then how do we go back?"

Yu Jianmin said: "Take Uncle Li's ox cart back at the entrance of the village. Aunt Liu asked me to buy some meat to take back. Let's put the things away first, and then go to the supply and marketing cooperative?"

Uncle Li is an elder in the village. After getting too old to do farm work, he drove an oxcart for a living. Yu Jianmin guessed that Liu Susu would have a lot of things, so he gave Uncle Li an extra two cents and asked him to take the oxen. The bus arrived outside the train station, and after putting things on it, we were able to stop by the supply and marketing cooperative to buy things.

When Liu Susu came back, Liu Shurong asked Yu Jianmin to buy two kilograms of meat. Liu Susu weighed another two kilograms of meat, bought some Fuqiang flour and corn flour, and finally bought three kilograms of brown sugar and some biscuits.

Yu Jianmin said: "Why buy so much? We have everything at home."

Liu Susu smiled and said: "Not much, not to mention that the second sister-in-law just met this time, and the eldest sister-in-law just gave birth to the baby not long ago, so she also needs to take more supplements. "

Just last year, as soon as Liu Susu went to the military area, Liu Shurong wrote to tell her that Sister Yu was pregnant and gave birth to a boy. This was the Yu family's first grandson, and the whole family was very happy.

Yu Jianmin also smiled when he mentioned his children, but what made him even more gratified was Liu Susu.

He felt that his sister had changed a lot before, but at that time he was busy with her marriage to Han Lie. As soon as they got married, they immediately left with the army, so they didn't have much time to spend together.

But in just a short time today, he could find that Liu Susu had really changed and became a lot more sensible.

In the past, she no longer had these worldly feelings. As long as she didn't think about how to drain the family, she could think of ways to supplement Zhuang Baiyu, which was a good thing.

Looking at Liu Susu like this, Yu Jianmin felt for the first time that divorce was a good thing.

After shopping, I took an ox cart back. The county town was not far from their village, and it took almost an hour to get there. As soon as they got home, Liu Shurong and Yu Dazhu came out to welcome Liu Susu. They looked at Liu Susu first and saw that she had not suffered any grievances. , and after her complexion got better and better, she went to talk to several children one by one.

Sister-in-law Yu also walked out with the child in her arms.

She had a lot of objections to Liu Susu before. Even after she divorced Zhuang Baiyu, Sister-in-law Yu was still afraid that the sister-in-law would not be able to understand things clearly and would do something stupid because of her confusion.

But during the time when Liu Susu went to the military region, not only did she care about her pregnancy and health every time she wrote, but when she often sent things back, she would also specifically indicate what was for her.

Sister-in-law Yu was always a kind person, so she had less opinions on Liu Susu and talked to her with a smile.

In the whole family, only Yu Jiansheng's newly married daughter-in-law, Chen Yan, stood at the door without going out, looking a little unhappy.

Although it was the first time for Chen Yan to meet Liu Susu, she was from the next village. She had heard many things about the original leader, and it was only after she saw Liu Susu left with the army that she was willing to marry Yu Jiansheng, otherwise she would not I am afraid that a sister-in-law who is not clear will give all the things in the house to her man.

Then she and Yu Jiansheng Drink the northwest wind?

After she got married, she felt relieved if Liu Susu didn't come back for a day. Unexpectedly, Liu Susu came back not even half a year later. Not only did she come back, but she also brought five children with her!

Five children means six people. If six people live at home, how much food will they eat every day?

They haven't separated yet. One more bite for Liu Susu's family means one less bite for her little family, right? She is pregnant now!

After Yu Jiansheng finished talking to Liu Susu, he saw that Chen Yan hadn't come over yet, so he thought she had an upset stomach and came over to ask her what was wrong.

Chen Yan said: "Don't your sister only have two children? How come you have five children?"

Yu Jiansheng thought for a while and said: "Oh, when the postman delivered the telegram, you happened to go back to your parents' home. Su. Su only has two children, two more are Xiao Han's, and the other one is their newly adopted child."

"Still adopted?" Chen Yan said in shock.

Why would you adopt one when you already have four children? If you didn't give birth to your own child, what would be the use of raising so many?

Yu Jiansheng realized that something was wrong with her tone: "What's wrong with you?"

"I didn't do anything, it's just... Susu brought so many children back, I'm afraid our family's food rations are not enough." Chen Yan frowned.

Yu Jiansheng smiled and said: "What's the point? We just finished harvesting the grain. I'm sure there will be enough! Don't worry. Come and talk to Su Su. Why is your sister-in-law hiding here?"

This was only the first day. Chen No matter how uncomfortable Yan felt, she couldn't show it too much. She could only nod and follow Yu Jiansheng.

Liu Susu saw that Chen Yan's expression was not good from a distance, but she thought she was uncomfortable with her big belly, so she didn't think much about it. She smiled and handed over the brown sugar and biscuits she brought back: "Sister-in-law, if you are hungry, Eat more tonic, now is the time to replenish your body."

Chen Yan's face became better after looking at this thing, and she took it, but she still felt a little guilty in her heart.

Having money to raise five children means that the family's conditions must be good. Are you going to buy some brown sugar and biscuits for the first time when you come back? Too poor, right?

——Liu

Shurong knew that they must not have eaten well after working for so many days, so he prepared lunch early in the morning and could eat it when they came back. After finishing the meal, the children couldn't wait to follow Yu Jianmin to play in the mountains. Sister-in-law Yu knew that her mother-in-law and Liu Susu had not seen each other for so long, and she must have a lot to say, so she took the initiative to take over the cleaning work.

Liu Susu smiled gratefully at her, walked into the room, opened her luggage, and took out two cans of malted milk.

"Mom, this is for you and Uncle Yu to replenish your body. If you drink more, this bottle will be divided among the two sisters-in-law." Malted milk is expensive and not easy to buy. She only bought two cans. It's good to share it, so I simply didn't take it out first. It would be better to let Liu Shurong do it when the time comes.

"There is also this cloth. The color suits you very well, so I pulled it back a little. Mother, you know my craftsmanship. I will trouble you to make it yourself when the time comes."

Liu Shurong listened with a smile and pulled Liu Susu away. He went over and said, "Okay, okay, Mom already knows. Let's talk about this slowly later. Let Mom see how you are doing first."

Liu Susu stood up and let her look at her: "Okay, Mom, I've gained weight, don't worry. ."

"Not fat, but still thin." Liu Shurong squeezed her arm. There was no flesh at all, but her energy was indeed much better than before. It seemed that her daughter was living a good life in the military zone.

"How is Xiao Han treating you?"

"Okay." Liu Susu nodded.

"Are you adaptable to life in the military region?"

"Adaptable." Liu Susu answered patiently. She knew Liu Shurong was worried about her, so she answered whatever she asked without any impatience.

Liu Shurong was relieved.

When Liu Susu first took her two children to the military area, she was very worried. She was afraid that she would do something stupid again, and then they would be far apart and her family would not be able to take care of them.

Moreover, given the previous criminal record of the original owner, she was also afraid that Liu Susu would abandon her two grandchildren on the road.

But I didn't expect that she actually survived. Not only did she start to live peacefully, but she also lived well. She even found a job in the Military Affairs Office!

When she found out about this, Liu Shurong was so happy that she showed off to the whole village.

When I got home at night, I heard that her voice was hoarse, and Yu Dazhu said that she shouldn't be so excited.

Liu Shurong said: "What do you know? Those people all saw my joke and said that I shouldn't let Susu read so many books. Not only was the money wasted, but I also developed a stubborn heart. I just want to show them. , I made the right decision, and my daughter must be the best!"

Yu Dazhu was also happy. Hearing this, he smiled and said: "Yes, what you said makes sense."

Liu Shurong was shocked when he thought of that time It touched the chins of the whole village and wanted to laugh. After talking to Liu Susu for a while, he asked her how long she would stay at home this time.

"About ten days." Liu Susu also wanted to stay at home longer, but after all, she still had work at the Military Affairs Office, so she couldn't leave for too long. Ten days was not a lot of time, so she had to get down to business quickly. : "Mom, I have something else I want to do when I come back this time."

"What?" Liu Shurong asked hurriedly.

Liu Susu told me about the biogas tank.

Liu Shurong was very reassured about her now, and she sent Liu Susu to study because she believed that "people behave well from books", so she immediately nodded: "Okay, anyway, our house is located in a big place, so it is no problem to build a biogas digester. "

Not only our family, I think you can ask a few people you are close to Aunt Fang to see if they want to do it. If so, I will start taking the measurements together." Liu Susu hopes to help with something that is easy to do. It would be better to get more talents.

Liu Shurong smiled and agreed: "Let's also ask about your two sisters-in-law's homes?"

After all, we are a family, and the wealth should not go to outsiders.

Of course Liu Susu didn't agree. Anyway, the two sisters-in-law were from neighboring villages and were close to each other.

When Sister-in-law Yu heard this, she couldn't believe that this biogas tank could really have such a good effect, but seeing that Liu Susu was serious about what she said, she still promised it, and after thinking about it, she agreed.

Her mother's family is bigger than here, and no matter how many crops she grows, the food rations are not enough. If it really works, she might as well give it a try.

Chen Yan agreed in one breath, because she didn't think much about it at all. What she thought in her mind was that it didn't cost any money anyway, and it would be fine if it was built as a cesspool. If you can take advantage of it, don't waste it.

But early the next morning, Liu Susu made a list of the materials needed to build a biogas pool and asked Yu Jiansheng to hand it to Chen Yan. She looked at the piece of paper and was stunned: "What is this for?"

Yu Jiansheng was giving it to Chen Yan. Several nephews were making slingshots. Today they went to the mountain to see if there were any sparrows to catch. After hearing this, they said, "Didn't you say you wanted to make a biogas digester for your Chen family? These are the necessary materials. Su Su said that if you buy them as soon as possible, you can make them quickly." It's time to start construction."

Chen Yan was slightly startled, but then she realized: "Do we, the Chen family, have to buy it ourselves? Do we have to pay for it ourselves?!"

"No, I don't want it anymore!"

*****

Chapter 63

◎Store food◎

Yu Jiansheng paused: "You don't want it anymore?"

"Of course I don't want it anymore." Chen Yan said confidently. She agreed before because she thought she didn't need to pay and Liu Susu would cover everything. Regardless of whether it is useful or not, they will not lose money. Now that they have to pay for it themselves, it will definitely be different.

No matter how fancy what Liu Susu said, she didn't believe it anyway. If it was of no use by then, would the money be wasted soon after it was spent?

Not only did she not want it, but at night, Chen Yan also went to find Sister Yu secretly and told her that Liu Susu would have to pay for this repair!

Sister-in-law Yu looked at her strangely when she heard this: "I want to collect money. Did you always think that you don't need money?" How is that possible?

"And it's not like Susu is getting paid, it's you who has to spend money to buy things yourself." Do you still think that others have prepared everything, and you just wait to use it?

Yesterday, she felt very sorry after hearing what Liu Susu said. After all, Liu Susu took a lot of effort to measure the size and help with the adjustment and other things. Liu Susu finally came back and was willing to help them without asking for anything, even if they were a family. Sorry too.

Sister-in-law Yu still wanted to talk to her parents when she went back and at least send some eggs, so she never expected that Chen Yan would have such an idea.

When Chen Yan was questioned like this, she felt a little confused on her face, but she still frowned and said: "Then I don't know if this thing is useful. Our family's money didn't come from the strong wind! If it's useless, then... It's all wasted?"

Sister-in-law Yu frowned: "Didn't Su Su say that the effect is very good in the military area? What's not to believe?" "

She said it would be good in the military area? Have we seen it? Who knows her Are you lying? Sister-in-law, I'm not talking about you, have you forgotten how Liu Susu was against you at home? Now I'm going to give you something and buy you some food, and you're like this?"

Chen Yanyan said with certainty. She said that she felt that Sister-in-law Yu was really stupid, and Liu Susu deceived her into nowhere with just such a small favor.

She is not like this. Anyway, she can't trust Liu Susu, and she won't pay even half a penny for anything that costs money.

Sister-in-law Yu almost lost her temper when she said this to her: "You! Whatever you want! Anyway, you are the one who will regret it in the future!"

Chen Yan snorted coldly, she would not regret it, do you believe Liu Susu? Then she would wait for Sister-in-law Yu to come and complain to her in tears!

Seeing that she was still in such a state of indifference, Mrs. Yu didn't bother to talk to her. She just slammed the door and went back to the room. When Liu Susu came over the next morning, she directly told Chen Yan that she didn't want to build a biogas tank. thing.

Of course, Sister-in-law Yu is not a person who likes to gossip behind someone's back. She didn't say what Chen Yan said yesterday to sow discord. She just said that Chen Yan didn't want to cause any trouble.

Even if she didn't say anything, Liu Susu could guess a little bit. After all, Chen Yan's attitude towards her has not been very good since she came back.

Liu Susu didn't take this matter to heart, and Chen Yan was Yu Jiansheng's lover and was now pregnant with a child. She would spend much more time at home than she did in the future. There was no need to make the family unhappy over such a trivial matter. Yu Jiansheng was caught in the middle and found it difficult to be a good person.

But although she didn't take it to heart, Liu Susu was not the kind of person who liked to put her hot face on other people's cold buttocks. Since Chen Yan didn't want to, forget it, she could save some trouble.

——Although

his hometown is in the village, it is not far from the county seat. The next day, Yu Jianmin went to the county to buy cement, not only for his own family, but also for his sister-in-law's family. They all bought it together.

Liu Susu quickly measured the dimensions, and the biogas digester could be started.

There is no need for her to do this kind of construction work. Nowadays, most people know a little bit about masonry work. The men in the family can do it. In addition, they can ask a few familiar people to come over to help and provide them with a few meals. That's it.

Sister-in-law Yu's family has four brothers and sisters. In addition to her, there are two brothers who are married and an unmarried sister. The two brothers have three or four children in their families, and the population is larger than that of the Yu family.

Although there was a lot of labor, there was only so little land, and the annual rations were not enough. After hearing the sister-in-law talk about the biogas tank, they were a little hesitant at first.

Sister-in-law Yu said that this was proposed by Liu Susu when she came back, and the experiments in the military region were very good.

As soon as she said this, her parents immediately agreed.

Sister-in-law Yu herself didn't expect that they would agree so quickly. Sister-in-law Yu and her father said: "Aren't all the Jianmin girls working in the military region? They have read so many books. In ancient times, they were more powerful than scholars. His words are definitely useful, and they have been tried by the military region. If our boss's surname is not true, no one can help but believe in the army."

Not only did Sister-in-law Yu's family think so, Liu Susu asked Liu Shurong to find some acquaintances in the village, who also thought so. Yes, after hearing Liu Susu talk about the benefits of the biogas pool, he agreed after thinking about it for a short time, and there were quite a lot of people.

For a time, the whole village was in full swing!

Liu Susu originally thought that she could take a break after taking the measurements, but everyone was a farmer and money was tight. In addition, this was the first time she had done this kind of thing, so she was afraid that something would go wrong, which would affect the effect of fertilizing the fields.

So whenever I didn't understand anything, I immediately came over and asked Liu Susu to come over and take a look.

Liu Susu is not impatient. After all, she encouraged everyone to build it. If everyone is willing to believe her, she will definitely be responsible to the end.

To her, this was just a matter of duty, but to the villagers, it was extremely shocking.

You must know that the original owner used to be in the village, and his evaluation was particularly bad.

In order to be worthy of Zhuang Baiyu, she always regarded herself as a city citizen. She not only ignored the villagers, but also looked down upon them. Some people, for her own good, advised her not to attach all ties to Zhuang Baiyu. On the contrary, she felt that others were jealous of her and had a big quarrel with those people.

As time went by, no one wanted to persuade her, and no one even wanted to say a word to her.

Everyone thought that Liu Susu would become even more arrogant after marrying an officer in the military region, but they didn't expect that she has changed so much now. Not only has her personality improved, but she also thinks about fellow villagers like them.

Everyone is a simple person, so the prejudice against Liu Susu quickly disappeared. Every time he saw her or the Yu family, he would stuff something for them to take back.

There was no way, Liu Susu was unwilling to accept any reward, so they could only give some small things.

Because of this, the smiles on Liu Shurong and Yu Dazhu's faces never stopped these days.

No matter where they go now, they are the most popular in the village. Everyone praises Liu Susu, and many people say that they can teach their children. Liu Shurong and his wife are very satisfied.

Liu Susu was a little embarrassed at first, but then she saw that her mother and Uncle Yu were rarely so happy, so she didn't say anything.

But that day, when she just came back from an aunt's house behind the house, she saw her mother washing cups at the door, with a grimace on her face and looking particularly bad.

She was stunned and walked over quickly: "Mom, what's wrong with you?"

Yu Dazhu said from the side: "Okay, okay, Susu is back. A few children will also go home later, don't let them I feel uncomfortable."

"There's nothing to feel uncomfortable about. I just can't stand people like Deng Fang!" After Liu Shurong finished speaking, seeing Liu Susu standing aside, she thought for a while and said: "She is a relative of your Uncle Yu. She My daughter married a group leader and now she often comes over to show off her power to us!"

Liu Shurong is not the kind of person who doesn't like others' good things, but she doesn't like showing off all day long.

This person named Deng Fang is actually a distant relative of Yu Dazhu. He lives in a village in the commune next door. In fact, it is not too far away, but Yu Dazhu has many relatives, and there is no close blood relationship. , the two families have not moved together for a long time.

In the past, when Yu Dazhu was still young, his father was seriously ill and he was in a hurry for money. He had no choice but to borrow some money, but Yu Dazhu was not allowed to speak and the door was closed with a "bang". He doesn't care about other people's lives at all.

If you say this is because relatives don't move around each other and are reluctant to borrow money, then that's okay. Just pretend that they are not such relatives.

But some time ago, Deng Fang suddenly came to the door with a small bag of sugar, saying that she came to see her relatives, but in fact she just wanted to show off that her daughter had married a group leader.

He kept saying to Liu Shurong: "Oh, sister-in-law, I heard that your daughter is married to a deputy captain. In fact, the deputy captain is nothing. After all, your family Susu is married for the second time and has two children. The deputy captain is too high-ranking!"

Liu Shurong was almost angered to death and was kicked out directly.

After so long, she had forgotten about it, but she didn't expect this person to come again.

Liu Susu helped Liu Shurong sit down, smiled and said: "Mom, don't be angry, isn't Han Lie also the leader of the group now? If she says anything then, just fight back!"

Liu Shurong said: "I said, She still doesn't believe it and says I'm lying to her and wants to write to her daughter in the military area."

Liu Susu said, "Just don't talk to this kind of person from now on. By the way, what's her daughter's name?"

"It seems to be called, Lao Yu, what is it called?" Liu Shurong couldn't remember.

Yu Dazhu thought for a while and said, "Li Yugui?"

"Li Yugui?" Liu Susu just asked casually at first, but she didn't expect to get this answer. She stood up from the chair in surprise.

"Do you know him?" Liu Shurong asked doubtfully.

More than recognition.

The expression on Liu Susu's face was hard to describe: "That Li Yugui is Han Lie's ex-wife."

"What?!" This time, the surprised people were Liu Shurong and Yu Dazhu.

"Susu, did you remember correctly?" Liu Shurong couldn't believe her ears.

In fact, when Deng Fang came to show off at the beginning, she wanted to inquire about it, but she was too lazy to go to the commune. In addition, Sister-in-law Yu gave birth to a child, Yu Jiansheng got married, and the family harvested crops. She was too busy. Time, when I heard Liu Susu say this, I thought there was something wrong with her ears.

"Yes, it was Han Lie who told me. Now they are still living above us."

"What!!" Liu Shurong couldn't sit still at all and was startled.

Liu Susu knew what they were worried about and said quickly: "Don't worry, Han Lie has no feelings for her. They divorced on the day of their wedding."

After that, she told her what Han Lie told her again.

With a "pop" sound, Liu Shurong slapped the table hard and cursed: "This is too inhumane, Yu Dazhu. From now on, whenever Deng Fang's family members come over, they will just close the door. Don't Let them come in and dirty our place!"

After saying this, Liu Shurong hated this family even more.

She was very satisfied with Han Lie as her son-in-law now. When Li Yugui's family tormented Han Lie like this, she became angry.

Yu Dazhu nodded and looked at Liu Susu: "Yes, Susu, tomorrow I will go to the reservoir to catch a few big fish and dry them in the sun. You can take them over to replenish Xiao Han's body. By then, he will be better than that surname." The leader of the package!"

Liu Susu agreed with a helpless smile, and quickly comforted Liu Shurong and told her not to be angry. But my heart suddenly remembered what happened to Cai Tao before.

At that time, she had never been able to figure out how Cai Tao knew that she and Han Lie had not obtained certificates. Now that she knew about Li Yugui's relationship with their family, it was not surprising.

It must have been that when Li Yugui and Bao Feixiang went to the Civil Affairs Bureau to get their certificates, they heard some gossip from a staff member and took this matter to heart.

In addition, Li Yugui temporarily regretted her marriage to Han Lie, so she definitely didn't want Han Lie to live well, so she deliberately told this matter to Cai Tao, who admired Han Lie, just to make their family restless.

Even if Liu Susu didn't know about Li Yugui's rebirth, she still had a good guess at this time.

But she wasn't going to tell Liu Shurong about it. There was no point in telling her, and it would make her mother angry. But this also reminded her that it seemed that Li Yugui's move upstairs would not be as simple as she thought.

Deng Fang's matter was just a small episode. The rest of the time was still spent on the biogas pool. When these matters were almost settled, it was time for Liu Susu to go back.

As usual, she had to leave early in the morning. Although she had only been back for more than ten days this time, Liu Shurong was even more reluctant to leave Liu Susu than before. After all, she was a little reluctant to send her to the military area last time, but she was more worried. I was afraid that she would cause some trouble if she went to the military area and was still ignorant.

Now there is no such worry, only a deep sense of reluctance. Last night I pulled Liu Susu and cried, and now her eyes are still a little swollen.

"Mom, it's okay. If I have time next summer, I will bring a few more children back to see you." Liu Susu smiled and hugged her.

"Mom is fine. As long as you are doing well over there, Mom will feel at ease." Liu Shurong said.

"Grandma, stop crying. We will write to you when we get back!" Han Cheng said quickly.

"Oh, can Xiao Cheng know how to write?" Liu Shurong said in surprise.

Han Cheng scratched his head: "I can't, but my brother can, and he's super awesome!"

"Okay, okay, you are all good, you are all grandsons of grandma." Liu Shurong said with a smile.

Yu Jianmin came over: "Susu, the oxcart has arrived, let's go."

"Okay." Liu Susu picked up the luggage, "Mom, let's go first."

"Hey, let's go. ." Liu Shurong said while holding back her tears. After Liu Susu got into the car with her children, she wiped her tears.

Yu Dazhu comforted him: "It's okay. One year has passed in a flash, and Susu will be back soon."

"I know." Liu Shurong nodded and said, "Oh, I forgot to tell Susu and asked her to hurry up. If I want to have a child, while I can still walk, I can go and take care of her during the confinement period!"

Liu Susu didn't know that her mother was starting to talk about this again. Soon, after saying goodbye to Yu Jianmin, she took the children Just got on the train. It was still a sleeper ticket, and there were fewer people than when we came back last time. It didn't take long for them to find their own beds.

I got up too early this morning and the children hadn't eaten yet. After putting things away, Liu Susu took out the boiled eggs from the bag, got some hot water and soaked some malted milk for each of them to drink. Previous point.

"Xiao Cheng, what are you doing?" Liu Su Su saw and called him several times without saying a word.

"Mom, I'm looking at the slingshot!" Han Cheng said with a smile.

During these few days at home, whenever they have time, Yu Jianmin and Yu Jiansheng will take them to the mountains to catch sparrows. The children have never used a slingshot before, but they have practiced a lot during this time. Yesterday They also worked together to catch three sparrows and brought them back, and Liu Shurong roasted them and ate them.

After Han Cheng drank the malted milk, there was still a mustache left on the corner of his mouth. While licking it clean with his tongue, Han Cheng asked: "Mom, can we still catch sparrows when we go back?" "

Yes, as long as you can catch them. Liu Susu said.

There is nothing to say no to this. After all, children can often be seen catching sparrows on the mountains in the military region. However, because the trees on the mountains here are denser, it is not as easy to catch sparrows as in their hometown.

Liu Susu originally thought that the children would be hot for three minutes, and she would give up if they couldn't catch them by then, but she didn't expect that after returning to the military area, they would really think about hunting sparrows all day long.

However, they all went there after finishing their work at home. Liu Susu didn't say much. She just told them to pay attention to safety and not to shoot at people with the slingshot, and then said nothing more.

This time she took leave and went back for several days. She left a lot of things in the office behind and started busy work as soon as she returned to the military area. But to her surprise, when she went back on the third night, she suddenly saw four sparrows in a basin in the yard.

It had been taken care of, and Han Lie was cleaning up the trash. When he saw her coming, he smiled and said: "Look, it's pretty good, right?"

Liu Susu still couldn't believe it: "Xiaolu and the others fought back? So powerful?!"

"No, as soon as I came back, you clamored for me to deal with it quickly, saying that you would have meat to eat when you came back." Han Lie said.

Liu Susu wanted to laugh after hearing this.

This is because she has been thinking about hoarding food during this period. No matter what she receives, her first thought is to dry it and put it in the cellar. Therefore, when several children catch sparrows, their first reaction is to let Han Lie deal with it quickly. Drop it so you can eat the meat.

"Okay, we really need to eat some meat today." It's not enough to put everything away, so it's better to have some food first.

"Where are they?"

Han Lie walked to the kitchen to help light the fire: "I went to the mountain to dig grass. I said I didn't dig enough today."

Liu Susu nodded and stopped asking, and began to concentrate on cooking.

There were not many sparrows, and one person per person was definitely not enough, so I simply chopped them into pieces and stir-fried them with the sour and spicy pickled peppers that had been marinated in a jar for a long time. I added garlic and perilla and put them in. Sliced ​​potatoes and cucumbers are simmered together, and the meat and vegetables are mixed together to make a big pot. When the aroma comes out, some red oil chili sauce is poured into it. It just looks very appetizing.

Of course, it is delicious if there is meat and rice. After the vegetables were cooked, Liu Susu specially cooked a large pot of rice, and she could start the meal as soon as the children came back.

The fragrant and spicy sparrow meat made the little guys unable to even talk. Although there was less meat, the vegetables stir-fried together were also delicious. In the end, all the dishes and rice were eaten cleanly. Clean.

Han Cheng held his belly and said with satisfaction, "It would be great if we could catch sparrows every day."

"That's impossible." Han Qian broke his wonderful fantasy.

"How is it impossible? As long as we get better and better, we will definitely be able to eat meat every day, mother, don't you think so!" Han Cheng said loudly.

Liu Susu smiled: "Yes, yes, that's why you have to be even more powerful."

Liu Susu's words were obviously meant to coax the children, but Han Cheng took them seriously. From now on, he would go to the mountains with a slingshot every day. Han Qian Although she said she disliked him, she also followed him, and there were a few Xiaolu. Anyway, as long as she was free, she was never absent every day.

But they are not the only ones who want to catch sparrows to eat. There are many other children on the mountain who do this. Sometimes after they finally catch them, some children will run out and pick up the sparrows before them, saying that they have caught them. of.

That time made Han Cheng extremely angry. Later, Xiaolu and Han Jin joined forces and scared the group of children away. The next day, they called Daqiang and Niu Dan to join in, and the team gradually grew. This has reduced the situation of being bullied.

There is strength in numbers, and they were actually asked to find a few more sparrows several times later, but Liu Susu didn't cook and eat them immediately after that. They dried them all and stored them in the cellar. She was really greedy for meat. , just take it out to satisfy your craving.

Han Cheng, a foodie, was of course unwilling to do so, and even resisted a few times at first. After all, no matter how well-cooked the dried meat was, it was not as delicious as fresh meat. And now they really want to eat meat, so my mother only feeds them sparrows instead of buying pork.

He has wanted to eat dumplings for a long time, but his mother refused to make them for him.

Once he couldn't stand it anymore, so he took out all the little red stars he had saved and gave them to Liu Susu: "Mom, I really want to eat dumplings. Can I exchange them for little stars?"

In the past, Liu Susu must have agreed, but now she thought about it and explained to Han Cheng: "Xiao Cheng, mother wants to make it for you, but why don't you wait a little longer? Mother will give you a lot of packages during the Chinese New Year. Eat dumplings."

"New Year?" Han Cheng calculated, "It will take a long time!" "

Yes." Liu Susu nodded, "Now I have to keep the money and meat tickets at home. They will be put to great use next year, so Let's save a little bit now, okay? Can these little stars buy you some candies?"

The cellar can store things, but they also have a shelf life. Except for things like ham and grain, which can be stored for a long time, other things You can't wait too long, so you still need to save a little more money and meat tickets for emergencies.

When Han Cheng first heard what his mother said, he didn't understand why he should save it until next year. Until the days flashed to the second year, from when the temperature warmed up to the summer vacation, there was no heavy rain in the sky, even for him, a little carrot. I noticed something was wrong.

******

Chapter 64

◎The Eve of the Famine◎

In fact, this matter was noticed by many people as early as almost May.

On May 26th, Liu Susu used the office phone number to call her hometown. That day happened to be Liu Shurong's birthday. Not long after the call was made, Liu Shurong received the call: "I knew you would definitely call me today. I've been waiting here at the entrance of the village for a long time!"

Liu Susu smiled and said: "Mom, happy birthday."

Although Liu Shurong said that she should not do such nonsense, she actually had a smile on her face and asked Liu Susu if she could do it during the summer vacation. return.

"I don't know yet. It seems that I'm very busy during this period. I'll have to wait and see next month." Liu Susu said. Not only was it difficult to ask for leave, but the main reason was that Han Lie might have to go on a mission. If he left, there would be no one at home. People took care of it.

Liu Shurong said quickly: "Then don't come back. This trip on the road is too troublesome."

Liu Susu nodded, and just as she was about to say something, she heard Liu Shurong talk about the biogas pit with a smile on her face: "You don't know, this biogas pit can be... It's so useful..."

Liu Susu went back last year to install it at home. It's been almost a year now and the effect has already been seen. At first, Liu Shurong only tried it in the vegetable garden. Later, she found that the effect was so good that she even did it in the dry fields. The potatoes harvested last year grew better than usual!

Not only at home, Liu Shurong went out for a walk. When she saw the villagers who had also installed biogas digesters, they were full of praise. They laughed when she mentioned the harvest in the fields. When she saw Liu Shurong, she would ask her when Liu Susu would come back. , they would like to thank her in person.

"Everything is fine at home. Don't worry. It's just that it hasn't rained for a long time. I did some calculations with your Uncle Yu yesterday and found that it has been at least three months and the ground has dried up. I don't know when it will be restored. Let it rain a little... Oh, mother lost track of time as she was talking. Susu, go and get busy. Mother will send you a letter in a few days!" They

are all farmers, and they are only thinking about the fields. Those things, the topic tended to change as they talked, but Liu Shurong quickly thought that the phone bill was not cheap, and hung up after saying a few more words.

Liu Susu hung up the phone and looked at the bright sun shining outside the window, feeling a little worried.

According to Liu Shurong, it hasn't rained in his hometown for three months, but it's been four months for them. Because the office is responsible for harvests and farm work, and rain is closely related to food, Captain Zhang will have people record the weather every day.

It's okay at first. After all, it's dry here with little rain. There is basically no rainfall in winter and very little snow. The rainy season will not come until around June. Before that, we can only rely on water from the river for support. With.

But this year is very strange. Let alone June, until now, it is already July. The sky is still sunny and there is no sign of rain. The more Captain Zhang looks at it, the more worried he becomes. He talks about it every day in the office. This is it.

Xiao Qian and others often comforted him and told him not to worry, it might rain someday.

But Liu Susu knew that it was not that simple anymore. It was already fifty-nine years ago, which meant that the three-year famine was about to come.

"Xiao Liu, you and Xiao Qian will go to the fields to check the water pipes later. If there is no problem, go straight to get off work." Captain Zhang raised his head and said.

Liu Susu nodded and followed Xiao Qian to the fields.

Water pipes need to be checked every day. After all, this is not cheap. If something goes wrong, if you check it early, you can repair it in time.

It's not raining now, but there is still enough water in the river, so the crops are growing well. However, Liu Susu estimates that this is the season. If it doesn't rain, the next season's crops will definitely be affected.

When she got home, Liu Susu saw Lu Lingzhi looking at the door, obviously waiting for her, because as soon as he saw her, he immediately waved to her.

"Sister-in-law." Liu Susu walked over.

"Xiao Liu, do you still remember what we said before? I think it will come true now!" Lu Lingzhi said in a low voice.

She was referring to what Liu Susu said before when she persuaded her and Chen Nan to raise rabbits and pigs. At that time, Liu Susu said that the weather was too unpredictable and there might be something abnormal. Lu Lingzhi also had this idea at the time, but she didn't expect it to be true.

"And it's not just us. I went out for a walk today and heard a lot of people talking about this." Lu Lingzhi said. Of course, those people were mainly worried and felt that the weather was not normal these days. Others wanted to Why don't you go to the supply and marketing cooperative to buy some fine grains? If the harvest is really affected, the grains will definitely become more and more expensive. While it's still cheap, buy more.

Liu Susu nodded, but she didn't feel too confused. After all, we are all farmers, and the most important thing on our minds every day is food. It must be worrying if it hasn't rained for so long.

Lu Lingzhi asked: "Xiao Liu, are you going to buy it? Let's go buy some together?"

Liu Susu thought for a while: "Buy, we will go tomorrow and bring all the food stamps, coarse grains, fine grains and so on. When the time comes, Even if nothing happens, I'm not afraid of keeping it for myself."

Lu Lingzhi smiled and nodded: "That's exactly the reason. I'll tell Xiao Nan that we will go early tomorrow morning."

Just like Lu Lingzhi said, now she is worried about food. There are not many people who have this problem. When they went to the supply and marketing cooperative, several people came to buy things with food stamps, mainly fine grains such as corn flour and rich flour. They bought them and kept them well. The weather here is dry and it is not easy to get wet. , can be stored for a long time.

Liu Susu also bought twenty kilograms. In addition to these fine grains, when the market opened in the middle of the month, she also went to find some fellow villagers and bought several large bags of wheat husks. This was used to feed pigs, because they raised Two pigs eat food too quickly. They have already eaten all the corn cobs at home, and they cannot eat grass all day long, so they can only eat them with these things.

The wheat husks were relatively heavy and Liu Susu couldn't carry them, so she asked Han Lie to take them back the next day.

The two got up early. A fellow villager was waiting for them at the entrance of the village. When they passed by, Han Lie saw a light not far away and was still wondering why he started working so early. The fellow smiled and said: "Yes. Yesterday, someone from our village went to the mountain and found a sheep with a broken leg and was killing it."

"Sheep?" Liu Susu became interested, "Are there wild goats on the mountain here?"

"Yes, but that thing is bigger than It's hard to catch pheasants, but you just get lucky." The fellow said with a smile.

Liu Susu quickly glanced at Han Lie. Han Lie understood what she meant. After asking about it with the fellow villagers, he went to the place where the lights were on. After a while, he came back with two kilograms of mutton in his hand. It was very fresh and delicious. With a smell of mutton.

"Two dollars and two," Han Lie said.

Liu Susu took a breath: "It's really expensive."

Pork only costs 80 cents per catty, and this mutton is more expensive than pork. But it's normal. There is no ticket required, and it was hard to find. If the price is not higher, people will definitely not be willing to sell it.

If it's expensive, be more expensive. The kids at home haven't eaten meat for a long time, so it's good to buy it to satisfy their cravings.

The weather was hot now, so she had to deal with the mutton as soon as she got it back. Liu Susu cut some of it and stir-fried it with spicy sauce. Then she cooked some noodles and poured the mutton sauce on top to make noodles. She didn't say anything. But Han Cheng, who had long wanted to eat meat and had given up on it, his eyes lit up as soon as he ate it: "Mom, is this meat?!" "

Yes, mutton. Eat it quickly, it will cool down later." Liu Susu said with a smile. .

Han Cheng wrinkled his little nose and shook his head: "That won't work. It's just a little bit. I have to save some." After eating, it was gone.

"Also, there is still more than a kilogram in the basin. Let's have a good lunch later." After Liu Susu finished speaking, Han Cheng still didn't believe it. He quickly ran to the table and took a look to make sure that there was indeed meat in it. He breathed a sigh of relief and started eating with big mouthfuls.

The mutton at noon was cut into pieces and grilled on the stove.

She hadn't eaten meat for so long, and she also wanted to make the children happy. Although the roast lamb was a little more complicated, it tasted good enough.

Cut the mutton into pieces and marinate it for a while. After the smell is removed, grill it on the stove outside. When oil comes out from both sides of the grill and it sizzles, sprinkle a little cumin on it.

A group of little guys had been gathered around for a long time, unable to move their eyes away. Liu Susu knew that they were hungry, so she didn't tease them intentionally. She put it in a bowl as soon as it was baked and said, "You can eat it, but be careful not to burn it." ."

However, these words obviously had no effect in front of the meat. Not to mention Han Cheng, even Han Jin, who was always afraid of being burned, couldn't help it. He simply blew the meat twice and immediately put the meat in his mouth.

"Is it delicious?"

"It's delicious!" The little guys nodded in unison, and as soon as they finished speaking, they hurried to eat another piece, not wanting to talk anymore.

Liu Susu smiled, took out a few cooked buns from the kitchen, and roasted them together on the fire. The meat was only two kilograms. With so many people in the family, they would definitely not be full just eating meat. Just serve the staple food and eat it together.

"Eat slowly and don't be in a hurry. This may be the only time we eat meat this month." Liu Susu took a shot of vaccination first.

But the little guys didn't care at all, and quickly waved their little hands: "It's okay, mother, wait until we go to the mountain to find a sheep and come back, so that we can eat meat!"

Han Cheng thought for a while: "No, we have to Two!"

One sheep is not enough to eat.

Liu Susu smiled and said: "Okay, then I'll wait for your sheep."

Anyway, wild goats are difficult to catch. Even Han Lie has never seen the shadow of a goat after staying here for so long. Just these few Little kid, it's probably harder to catch the sheep than to reach the sky.

Liu Susu didn't take the ambitions of a bunch of little carrot heads to heart. After eating a good meal that day, she started working hard to stock up on food in the following days.

No matter what it is, as long as it is edible, keep it in the cellar. Because there were more and more things, Liu Susu was afraid that some weasels, rats, etc. would run in and eat the things at night, so she asked Han Lie to install a lock and check it several times every morning and evening.

She had just returned from counting things in the cellar that day when she heard a noise coming from the door of the yard. She thought it was Han Cheng and others making a noise, but when she came out, she saw a few dusty people laughing. Talk to Li Yugui.

After listening to a few sentences, Liu Susu realized that it was Li Yugui who was pregnant. She called Bao Feixiang's family to take care of her with great fanfare.

Li Yugui noticed her gaze and gave her a show-off look.

After all, as soon as she got pregnant, her husband's family came to take care of her. Who else in the entire military region besides her?

But Liu Susu only felt that there might be something good to watch in the next period of time.

Seeing that famine is coming, Li Yugui not only does not farm or store food, but goes out to buy food all day long with Bao Feixiang's allowance. Now he has even taken over his husband's family. How will he live in the future?

Drink the northwest wind?

*****

Chapter 65

◎Digging◎

Li Yugui didn't know what Liu Susu was thinking, and thought she was envious of him. She was a little worried at first, but she immediately became proud.

In fact, Li Yugui did not intend to let the Bao family come over at first.

Li Yugui has been extremely happy since she found out she was pregnant last month. Not only was she happy, but Bao Feixiang was also extremely excited.

After all, Bao Feixiang has been married three times, and each time his wife died unexpectedly, leaving no son or daughter. Bao Feixiang is already in his thirties and has no children yet, so it is impossible to say that he is not in a hurry.

When he heard that Li Yugui was pregnant, Bao Feixiang was stunned: "Yugui, what are you talking about, are you really pregnant?!"

Li Yugui rolled his eyes: "I've seen the doctor, and it's OK. Do you have a day off?"

"Great! Great!!" Bao Feixiang was overjoyed and quickly pulled Li Yugui to sit down. He also handed over the water on the table and asked her to drink more, "Yugui, that's great. ! I'll go tell my mother now, she will definitely be very happy!"

Seeing Li Yugui silent, Bao Feixiang smiled and said: "It was my fault just now, I shouldn't have hurt you."

Li Yugui glanced at him: "Do you know you are wrong?"

The two quarreled because Li Yugui refused to work at home.

Although Bao Feixiang is the leader of the regiment and has a lot of allowances, it only amounts to a little over one hundred a month. He needs to use it at home and send part of it back home. In addition, both he and Li Yugui were used to spending a lot of money, so the remaining money was just enough for spending, and they couldn't save much at all.

When they first moved here, Li Yugui said coquettishly that she didn't want to work. Bao Feixiang thought about it and felt that she might not be used to it just because she had just arrived, so he agreed. But who would have expected that so much time has passed in the blink of an eye, and even after spending a year here, Li Yugui still has no idea of ​​going out to work.

This made Bao Feixiang extremely angry. During this period, the two of them had several fights over this matter.

But Li Yugui would definitely refuse. She married Bao Feixiang to enjoy happiness, and she had already suffered enough in her previous life. In this life, she finally found a partner who would be promising in the future. How could she be willing to endure hardship again? of?

The most important thing is that she has been so arrogant in front of Liu Susu just to show off how good she is. If she goes out to farm like others, how can she make people envy her?

Li Yugui just refused to go. Unsurprisingly, the two started arguing again. Li Yugui suddenly clutched his stomach and cried out that it hurt.

Bao Feixiang didn't believe her at all, and snorted coldly: "You are arguing with me. Even if it hurts, it's just a sore throat because your voice is too loud. Why does your stomach hurt?"

Li Yugui almost died of anger. Originally, She also wanted to give him a surprise, so she immediately said: "Why can't I have a stomachache when I'm pregnant?!"

"What?!" Bao Feixiang didn't believe it at first, but Li Yugui took the photo of the examination form from the hospital. , he was shocked and a smile appeared on his face.

At this moment, Li Yugui heard that Bao Feixiang was going to call Mrs. Bao. After thinking about it, he said, "Then I'll go too. I'll call my mother."

"Do you also want to announce the good news?" Bao Feixiang said asked.

"In addition to announcing the good news, I also want my mother to take care of me." Li Yugui puffed up her belly proudly. Her mother Deng Fang often showed off in the village that she had a son-in-law who was the leader of the regiment. If she took her over, what would happen to the village? Wouldn't people envy her mother even more and praise her for her potential?

And since she was pregnant, she couldn't even work. She must find someone to take care of her. It would be very honorable to say this.

Bao Feixiang thought about it and thought it was true. He finally had a child and nothing could happen to him. Li Yugui was more delicate for the sake of the child. The child's safety was the most important thing now.

But when he was about to agree, he suddenly remembered that when he and Li Yugui got married, Deng Fang's arrogant face asked their family for a gift of 150 yuan, and if he didn't give it, he wouldn't let Li Yugui marry.

Li Yugui looks like this, is not well-educated, and is from a rural area. If his reputation as a wife-suppressing person hadn't spread, and he couldn't find a partner, he would never have given such colorful gifts.

At that time, he had no choice but to agree because he couldn't find a partner. But now, seeing Li Yugui becoming more and more squeamish, and probably becoming more confident after becoming pregnant, he couldn't let Deng Fang come with him no matter what. Didn't all the family's money go to her?

"Why don't you let my mother come? My mother has wanted to come over and see us for a long time. Now that you are pregnant, she will definitely be even happier." Bao Feixiang said.

Li Yugui was a little reluctant. No matter how good her mother-in-law was, she still had no biological mother. Moreover, when she started to divorce Han Lie, her mother Deng Fang almost laughed her to death. Li Yugui called Deng Fang over this time to let her go. She looked at how well she was doing now.

But Bao Feixiang made up his mind and coaxed him with kind words one after another.

He also said that Mrs. Bao was praising her good daughter-in-law to her neighbors all day long at home, and that Mrs. Bao was just waiting to hold her grandson and would definitely take good care of her... Li Yugui was immediately made happy, and Dot-and-Dian The head agreed.

I think it's good that my mother-in-law is here. After all, my mother-in-law is from the county town and she has some savings in her hands. Wouldn't she be able to live a better life with it?

As for her mother, Deng Fang, she knew who she was. She didn't say anything about it, and she only thought about her younger brother. She would definitely find a way to bring back all the good things from home, and it would be impossible to serve her well.

However, Li Yugui, who had this idea, never expected that when Mrs. Bao came, she did not come alone. She also brought Bao Feijuan and Bao Feiqiang, and Bao Feixiang's younger brothers and sisters. coming!

Li Yugui was dumbfounded when he saw the three people following Bao Feixiang.

You must know that she and Bao Feixiang were the only two people in their family before, and they were really living a comfortable life, but now that there are three more people in the family, how can the money be enough?

Although she was reborn, because according to the time in her previous life, this year happened to be the day when she was sent to prison by Han Lie, so she didn't know about the famine at all at first. Of course, she later heard about food shortages in many places, but because she was not well-informed in prison, she did not understand much of the information.

In addition, Li Yugui is very face-saving. Now that he is being praised by Mrs. Bao and others, the heart that was still a little resistant slowly started to float away.

Several people were standing on the roadside talking. After all, they were strangers. After a while, the military wife came over and asked her what was going on.

Mrs. Bao said with a smile, saying that her daughter-in-law was pregnant. She was pregnant after a long time, so she couldn't be tired. They came here specially to take care of her.

When the military wife heard this, she envied Li Yugui and praised her for being lucky and blessed because her husband's family was so kind to her.

Li Yugui, who was already a little worried, became even more shaken.

She thought for a while, anyway, her pregnancy and confinement period would only last about a year.

You can let Bao Feixiang's younger brothers and sisters live here for a while first. Once the food is not enough, let them go. Once the confinement is over, you can drive Old Mrs. Bao away. This way you can save your face and don't have to worry about your family. I can't afford the expenses.

When Li Yugui thought about it, she made a decision in her heart and took the Bao family upstairs with a smile.

——Li

Yugui's idea is beautiful, but reality cannot follow her design. Even Liu Susu didn't expect that in just the first year, the problems here would already be very serious.

Liu Susu called Liu Shurong in late May, and waited for another two months. By nearly August, the fields were getting drier.

During this period, except for two periods of light drizzle, not a drop of water fell from the sky.

Captain Zhang looked at the extremely clear weather and felt his head hurt more and more. Fortunately, it was almost the wheat harvest time and the water demand was not that big. The water in the water pipes could be reduced first, otherwise it would not be used. One year, maybe all the water in the river will be drained.

When encountering problems, Liu Susu and the others became even busier. They not only had to keep an eye on the grain in the fields to prevent other problems - droughts can easily lead to insect disasters, but the harvest in the military region was finally a little better. Now that the weather is not good, if it happens again A bunch of bugs and it's really over.

Also check those water pipes frequently. The weather is hot and the sun is poisonous. Even if the water pipes are made of glue, you still have to worry about them being exposed to the sun.

I'm busy at work, and it's not easy after work.

During this period, as soon as she got off work, the first thing Liu Susu did when she put down her things was to go to the kitchen, take the basket in her hand, and follow a few children to the mountains.

It's not that they were digging wild vegetables to find food, but mainly because Han Jin and Han Xiuxiu had gone to school except for the trails. Once they left, the family's "labor force" was reduced by more than half, leaving only Han Qian and Han Qian. Han Cheng and two.

In addition to the two of them, there are the top three from Lu Lingzhi's family and Tie Dan from Chen Nan's family. Each one is smaller than the other. Even Han Qian, the little carrot head, can be the elder brother of all the children.

They were young and couldn't do much, and Liu Susu was afraid of being unsafe, so she told them not to go up the mountain and to find some vegetables, wild grasses and the like at the foot of the mountain.

But there are not many things at the foot of the mountain. In addition to chickens, ducks and pigs, there are more and more rabbits in the house. They are not full at all, so they can only wait for Xiaolu and the others to come back, and a group of little guys will go there again.

Liu Susu was afraid that it would be too late, so she went along with her. Sometimes a group of people could go much faster. Besides, it was evening after all, so it felt better to have an adult following.

But she was not alone. Besides her, there were Lu Lingzhi and Chen Nan, and the three of them took turns.

At the beginning, it was just digging grass normally. Everyone was a little uncomfortable at first. A few little guys were afraid that they would not have enough time. Once they reached the mountain, they didn't even have time to say anything. As soon as the basket was placed, they rolled up their sleeves and started working.

Liu Susu looked at it funny and advised them to slow down and don't get caught. They would have enough time.

Xiaolu shook his head: "Mom, we won't touch each other, don't worry."

Han Xiuxiu also said: "If you don't hurry up, you won't be able to see it when it gets dark."

Han Jin on the side suddenly He stopped, reached behind his back with his little hand, and took out a flashlight.

"Wow! Second brother, when did you bring the flashlight over?!" Han Cheng said in surprise.

Han Jin pursed his lips and smiled: "Be prepared."

He was afraid that it would be dark and it would hurt if he accidentally fell down, so when he came out, he went to the room and put a flashlight on himself.

Liu Susu looked at a group of worried little carrot heads and wondered why she was so calm.

But they didn't believe it, so she stopped talking about it. Anyway, after knowing that the time was enough after two days, she wasn't so anxious anymore.

Liu Susu is better at controlling time. When she finishes all the work, it happens to be six o'clock. It is summer now, and it will be bright until half past six. At this time, she can go back and cook, so it is not too late at all.

Just as she thought, several children passed by several times and knew that there was enough time, so they were not so anxious. When the grass was dug and there was still time to wander around the mountain, Liu Susu knew without asking that she had not given up on them yet. What about the "sheep-finding plan".

Seeing his mother looking at her with a smile, Han Cheng waved his little hands and said confidently: "Mom, don't believe it, maybe we can bring the wild goat back soon."

When the time comes, he will immediately Bring it to the pot, and after dad cleans it up, he lets mom cook the roasted lamb from last time!

Thinking of the delicious food last time, Han Cheng felt that his saliva was about to flow out, and he slurped quickly.

Liu Susu almost stopped laughing, rubbed his head and said: "Okay, mother, just wait. If there are no goats, pheasants and other things can be caught. Let's have a good time eating meat!" After hearing what

she said, Several children couldn't stay any longer, threw their hoes and ran out.

They have been to the mountain many times, and Liu Susu has given instructions many times, and they all know where to go and where not to go, so she is not worried. The children have been locked up in school for a long time, and they really want to run outside. , just come over before dark and go back together.

But Liu Susu didn't expect that after letting the children run away like this, something would happen.

It was Han Jin who discovered it first.

On this day, it was Liu Susu's turn to take the children up the mountain. After digging out the wild grass and pig vegetables, the little guys started "looking for meat" again. Liu Susu thought about catching some earthworms and going back to give the chickens and ducks something good to eat. Order eggs.

Suddenly, I heard movement behind me and turned around to see that it was Han Jin.

"Xiao Jin, what's wrong?"

Han Jin took her arm: "Mom, come here."

Liu Susu stood up obediently and followed him forward.

When I went over to take a look, I found that someone was digging wild vegetables on the ground.

Liu Susu didn't care at first. After all, these days, people could be seen going up the mountain to dig vegetables from time to time.

It's not that there is really no food now. After all, the famine has just happened and the crops in the fields are still growing well. However, everyone is anxious. When anxious, they like to do some preventive things, which is directly reflected in: Stock up on food.

No matter what kind of food, as long as it is edible, you have to take some back and stock up.

Liu Susu was not in such a hurry. The reason was very simple. These were just wild vegetables found on the mountain. It didn't rain, so there were very few mushrooms and fungus. The bamboo shoot season was over.

If you just want these wild vegetables, there is no need to go to the mountains to find them. There are plenty of them in your own yard, right?

You can put grains there, you can put dried meat, but you can't put vegetables. If you don't eat it quickly, it will still take up space in the garden. Unless you wait until later, when the water is getting less and less and the ground is dry, it will be reasonable to go up the mountain to find some wild vegetables.

But she didn't look for it, and she didn't want to stop others. This mountain is owned by the government, and anyone can look for food on it. If she tried to persuade them casually, others might think that she wanted to drive them away, so that they could save themselves. Solo.

But Liu Susu didn't dissuade her before because she thought everyone was just digging wild vegetables. Now she came with Han Jin to take a look and realized that this was not digging wild vegetables, this was simply plowing!

The season for wild vegetables is long gone now. In August, many wild vegetables are old. If you want to take them back to eat, you have to look for ones that are tender in the middle.

When you have enough time, you can look for it slowly, but now many people are like rushing to find more things to go back to. If they are in a hurry, they have to move quickly. They can't wait to pick up a hoe. Here is a hoe. After some digging, some people even pinched off the relatively tender roots and threw away all the leaves.

Liu Susu was stunned. Just as she was about to say something, the people digging for vegetables had already noticed her.

After all, this was not something to be proud of. The military wives smiled, used the chopped vegetables on the ground as a cover, stuffed them into the basket, and walked away quickly with the basket in hand.

As soon as they left, Han Jin walked forward, squatted on the ground, and carefully smoothed the pitted soil with his little hands.

Liu Susu knew that the little guy was very kind, so she didn't say anything, walked over and started doing it with him.

After Han Jin got all the soil done, he raised his head and said, "Mom, why?"

This was said without any beginning or end, but Liu Susu understood it. She thought for a while and said: "Because everyone is a little scared."

Just like this is sometimes the case in later generations. Whenever there is some news that there may be some problems, everyone will start to go crazy and buy a lot of things. Going back, people today will only be more insecure than those in future generations, and this is normal.

But normality is one thing, and whether it should be done is another.

After all, the mountain is so big, and there are still two years to go. We have to start looking for wild vegetables now, and we have to cook everything like this. What will happen in the days after that? We really can only wait for the northwest wind. .

Liu Susu thought for a while and took Han Jin back first. The next day, she told Captain Zhang about the matter.

Captain Zhang sighed after hearing this, and asked the Family Affairs Department to notify everyone of a meeting at the entrance of the cafeteria that day. The content of the meeting was also very simple, just to tell everyone not to worry now. No matter what, at least their food this year will be saved. Understand.

"...We can't tell what will happen next, whether the situation will be better next year. If everyone wastes all the resources on the mountain now, then we won't even have any hope in the future. Besides, everyone has taken these The wild vegetables have all been dug up, and there is nothing left to eat, including pheasants and rabbits. There is no way to eat meat until the Chinese New Year?"

Captain Zhang said a lot of things sincerely, and later went to find Mr. Zhong and asked him to send a team. People patrolled the mountains several times every day. In this way, the previous habit of digging indiscriminately became a little better.

——The

time has quickly arrived in October, and it is still the time for the autumn harvest. This time everyone is busy as usual, but compared to before, everyone is obviously more careful.

After harvesting the wheat in the field every day, the children at home will be asked to go to the field to check. If there is any missing wheat, even if there is only one or two grains, they must be picked up.

The ears of wheat that have been threshed are not taken back to burn on the fire. Firewood is needed, and straw-like things like wheat ears are placed in the biogas digester to produce biogas residue and biogas slurry, which can be used for larger plants. use.

Liu Susu specially found someone to promote it. Now that the water is getting less and less, the fertilizer is even more important. As long as it can play a role, it cannot be wasted.

As soon as the wheat harvest was finished, it was time to organize the crops in the garden. Liu Susu planted a lot of peanuts this time. Because of the role of the biogas pool, on the day of the peanut harvest, when they were dug out, the plump peanuts not only made Liu Susu He was so satisfied that it even made Mrs. Bao's eyes light up.

Although Li Yugui and Bao Feixiang have moved here for a long time, the vegetable garden has not been used yet, and Liu Susu is too lazy to take care of it. Anyway, her garden here is big enough, and it doesn't matter whether Li Yugui and others use it or not.

But when Mrs. Bao came, she couldn't see that the garden was empty, so she took the initiative to tidy up the land and planned to start planting.

She glanced at the peanuts Liu Susu put in the basket, rolled her eyes, and suddenly walked over with a smile on her face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 104 16
STORY AND COVER NOT MINE ALL CREDIT BELONG TO OWNER MTL Author: Xia Elegy Chen Anan followed a serialized period novel. The female partner with the s...
15.3K 133 22
Female Truck Driver in the 1970s (七零年代女货车司机) Author: Jin Cai   As soon as Anwar opened his eyes after traveling back in time to the 1970s, he was fa...
25.2K 269 22
Bai Fumei in the Great Courtyard (大院白富美) Author: A Knife in the Snow   Copywriting:   Xiao Shan is truly a proud daughter of heaven. Her father is a...
12.9K 90 9
The Scheming Beauty in the 50's [ Ancient and Present ] Original title: 心机美人在五零[古穿今] Author: Yao Xinyi   Copywriting:   Demining: The heroine in thi...